TESTERS WANTED! ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1 minute ago, MaxEntropy said:

Welcome from Akron!

@Mr_Theoo lives in Columbus. @MattF and I try to get together with him at least once a year, so keep an eye out in the "Arrange a Game with Fellow Spies" area.

Awesome, I actually grew up in North Canton so I still get up that way to play with my dad fairly frequently as well!

3 minutes ago, Punch Out Golf said:

Awesome, I actually grew up in North Canton so I still get up that way to play with my dad fairly frequently as well!

Let us know when you are going to be in the area and hopefully we can arrange something.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Hey Everyone,

Checking in from Chicago. Looking for a way to spend my golf-free quarantine days!

:mizuno-small: ST 200 9.5°, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

:mizuno-small: ST 200 3w 15°, Diamana S+ 60 S

:srixon-small: Z H85 3h 19°, Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 6.0

:taylormade-small: P770 (2017) 4-PW, KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:vokey-small: SM8 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M, KBS Tour S

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Fetch 34"

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
  2. Been Playing since I was 7 years old.  My dad taught me.  I am currently a 0.4 index and usually shoot low to mid 70s
  3. What do you love about golf?

4. the challenge each and every round.  its a lot like business and selling.  you have to be ready for change (slopes, wind, angles, course conditions ect). I can only blame myself when things dont go as planned.

5. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

6. being in the know on new equipment and reviews of other fellow golfers.

7. Where are you from? What is your home course?

8. Carmel Indiana.  Chatham Hills Golf Club, a Pete Dye Design

9. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

10. The Best- cost to play anywhere, even Private clubs.  The Worst- only having weather to golf 6-7 months a year

11. What do you do for a living?

12. Been in Sales since graduating from Indiana University.

13. How’d you pick your user name?

14. I truly HATE hitting off of mats and even have t-shirts that state as such

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Let us know when you are going to be in the area and hopefully we can arrange something.

We might be walking it this year if we play lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Good evening all from cloudy gray Ann Arbor MI.

How long have I been playing golf? Handicap?

I am a 10 HCP (Lowest I've ever gotten was a 6). I hit balls in a field with friends when I was a kid. Played a few rounds in High school and college; but have have been playing golf more seriously for the past 30 years.

What do I love about golf?

I love golf for a variety of reasons. I played many sports when I was younger and through high school. I got a scholarship to play football in college. I love to compete. Golf provided me an outlet for that competition after I was done with football. It was something that I didn't need other competitors for. My competition was with myself and the course. Many athletes struggle when they can no longer participate in their sport at the level they were a custom to. Golf helped provide a natural transition for me. Early in my golf adventure, I found myself playing alone quite often. I enjoyed it... still do on occasion. With that said, I also enjoy the bond that I've been able to form with other golfers. There is a natural connection between true golf enthusiasts. I love playing with my buddies. Giving each other crap. Trying to beat each other. The camaraderie and banter has taken the experience to another level of enjoyment.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do I know other Spys?

I do not know any other GolfSpys (at least that I'm aware of). I have come to GolfSpy because I'm an equipment nerd. I love hearing about new stuff. What regular golfers think and experience. It's one thing to read a review from the manufacturer or a scratch player or a few select comments from golf digest. It's nice to be able to hear what guys like me think about items that are put on the market. Golf is unique. Each player is unique. No review will be perfect and what works for one person doesn't mean it will work for another. However, I'm just trying to get the most accurate real world information I can to make an educated decision. And I make a-lot of them... decisions about clubs... mostly wrong. I usually have multiple new clubs and shafts in the bag every season.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I have been in the midwest my whole life. I am currently living in the Ann Arbor Michigan area. My home course is/was Moose Ridge. However, that may change.

What are the best and worst things about golf in my region?

Pro's: A large number of quality courses in the area at reasonable prices. It's not overly difficult to get out. Summers lately have been quite nice, not too hot.

Cons: The winter stinks. Limited "nice" golfing season. We will play anytime and anywhere a course is open (cart covers and heaters are a great thing). We usually find a way to get outside and play every month.

What do you do for a living?

On my second career. Was in the Pharma/Biotech industry for over 20 years. Currently getting my masters in social work at the University of Michigan. Work for the NFL. Working with former college and professional athletes dealing with behavioral health issues.

How did you pick your user name?

Karp has always been my nickname since I was a kid. 30 was my number in college.

*Favorite golf movies: Greatest Game Ever Played & Caddyshack (in my group, I am Ted Ray in GGEP, I have a knack for finding myself in need of miracle shots out of the woods)

*Favorite golf book: A Good Walk Spoiled

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf since I was about 10 years old. Right now. I am a 1.2 handicap and typically shoot mid-low 70’s; in my prime, I dabbled with high 60’s on a handful of occasions.

2. What do you love about golf?                  I love how golf tests you physically and mentally. When playing well, golf is such a happy and clear time. When struggling, golf can be such a cluster. The mental test that golf gives all of us is what makes it the best sport ever.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?              I’ve been a MyGolfSpy review-watcher and forum-reader for years now, and I thought it would be time to finally make an account and share some opinions.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?                                            I’m from Mount Prospect, IL, and my home course is Mount Prospect Golf Course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?                       In my area, there are a lot of nice golf course to play which is amazing, but they can be pretty expensive. The worst part is the weather: terrible!

6. What do you do for a living?
    I am a student.

7. How’d you pick your user name?             This is my long term username.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Ive been playing golf since i was young. Only until I worked as a gounds crew member at Whistling Straits did I become to love this game. Im currently a 10 handicap, hoping that this year would have been my year to drop into the single digits.  Thanx covid 19. It will be a late start.

2. What do you love about golf?      There are many things that I love about this game, first is that one great shot, you know which one. Also the time I get to spend outside enjoying the sound of nature and the smell of the grass. My wife just started to play and thats the newest things that has made me love the sport, she hit a drive over 245yards. It was amazing, and to see her reaction, it was priceless.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I was informed that there was a possibility to test some titleist clubs,  from Facebook. Glad I did, it nice to see people caring about golf as much as I do. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Milwaukee. I play at Brown Deer, and Dretzka park.  I love playing ath Washington County, it's an amazing track

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is that when the courses are open, we have some of the top courses in the country.  The worst,  is its Wisconsin, all be it it's been a mild winter this year. In the past, it can be a long wait for spring. 

6. What do you do for a living?  Im the General Manager of a top 10 restaurant in the city of Milwaukee. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Didn't really thunk long ir hard about it. It my name. 

15 hours ago, JoeElmergreen said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Ive been playing golf since i was young. Only until I worked as a gounds crew member at Whistling Straits did I become to love this game. Im currently a 10 handicap, hoping that this year would have been my year to drop into the single digits.  Thanx covid 19. It will be a late start.

2. What do you love about golf?      There are many things that I love about this game, first is that one great shot, you know which one. Also the time I get to spend outside enjoying the sound of nature and the smell of the grass. My wife just started to play and thats the newest things that has made me love the sport, she hit a drive over 245yards. It was amazing, and to see her reaction, it was priceless.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I was informed that there was a possibility to test some titleist clubs,  from Facebook. Glad I did, it nice to see people caring about golf as much as I do. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Milwaukee. I play at Brown Deer, and Dretzka park.  I love playing ath Washington County, it's an amazing track

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is that when the courses are open, we have some of the top courses in the country.  The worst,  is its Wisconsin, all be it it's been a mild winter this year. In the past, it can be a long wait for spring. 

6. What do you do for a living?  Im the General Manager of a top 10 restaurant in the city of Milwaukee. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Didn't really thunk long ir hard about it. It my name. 

Welcome from Pewaukee.  This is really a great forum whether you get chosen for testing opportunities or not.  Hope you stick around!

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

1. How long have you been playing golf? I played some golf as a kid and then took several years off.  I became interested in it again in 2013 shortly after I turned 33 as I had not played many sports in a long time and wanted something athletic to do that would help me stay in decent shape.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? I typically play 9 holes at a time walking.  My best score is a 39.  My average score last season was a 46 on a course rated 68.2/117.  I do not have an official handicap.

3. What do you love about golf?  I like being out in nature  and enjoying doing something athletic.  Golf is incredibly challenging and I think that motivates me too.  I don't play a lot of social golf, but enjoy it when the opportunity is there.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been on the various golf forums for since 2014.  I like the MGS methodology and friendliness of the forum. I recognize some of the names and avatars on the forum.  Perhaps some recognize my name too (dthrog00 on one forum, BogeyParBogey on another).

5. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I'm from north central Illinois just south of the Wisconsin border.  I've played the most rounds the past few years at Newburg Golf Village.

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  I think the best thing about golf is the chance to do athletic things as you get older.  The local private and muni courses are quite reasonable cost wise to play and are generally available on week nights as a single.  I don't have any complaints really.

7. What do you do for a living?  Engineer/Program Manager

8. How’d you pick your user name?  First initial and first portion of last name

I hope this forum will offer opportunities to learn and interact with people, hopefully without too much brand bias or constant conflict amongst the user base.

Regards

Dave

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been golfing for 16 years and I am around a 14 handicap. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love how the feeling of hitting a great shot never gets old, I love seeing great shots made, and I enjoy all the new people I meet on the golf course.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I found Mygolfspy a while back on my own. No I dont know other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Parkersburg West Virginia. I'm not currently a member any where but I golf mostly at South Hills golf club or Oxbow golf club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Worst part about golf in this region is that due to the weather, its difficult for golf clubs to keep their courses in good shape. Best thing is that for the most part, you can golf all year round in this area. 

6. What do you do for a living? I am a member of Parkersburg Local 565 Plumbers and Steamfitters

7. How’d you pick your user name? I love my state. So I used it and my birthday

1. I have been playing golf for about 9 years.  My usual score on 18 is 80-85

2. I love the challenge of golf.  You are challenged against yourself, against the course, and against other playing.

3. I came to MGS for the impartial and honest reviews.  I was tired of reading reviews in spaces such as 'golfdigest' that claim every new piece of equipment is the greatest gift to golf.

4. I live in Wisconsin.  I do not belong to a course and play all over southeastern Wisconsin - a course I really enjoy and play often is Washington County Golf Course

5. The worst is the shortened season due to the weather.  The best is that Wisconsin surprisingly has several courses that are routinely listed as some of the nation's best. 

6. I am a Nurse Practitioner

7. My handle:  It's my email handle, initials, last name, and birth year - I'm creative.  

Edited by sjhoffman87

Good morning from Dayton Ohio, 

1. How long have you been playing golf? 23 years 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? +1.5

3. What do you love about golf?  I like being out in nature  and enjoying doing something athletic.  I love playing in tournaments. Golf is incredibly challenging and I think that motivates me too.  

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I like to learn and want the Inside scoop on products. 

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Dayton Ohio, Country Club of The North 

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  I would say that weather is the worst since we can’t play year round. The best is the abundance of courses in Ohio is the best. 

7. What do you do for a living?  Government Cost Analyst 

8. How’d you pick your user name?  First initial and part of my last name (was a nickname given to me while plying college hockey) 

I am originally from MN, the Air Force brought me to OH. I just separated from the Air Force in February. Still working for the Air Force at Wright-Patterson AFB as a Senior Cost Analyst for Foreign Military Sales. 

I am also the State Director for the Veteran Golfers Association. We have 7 tournaments throughout the state, a regional championship, and a national championship (Trump Doral). The organization is open to Veterans, Active Duty, and family members (family members is loosely defined...if anyone has served in your extended family, you can sign up). 

I play in some local events around Dayton, the Golfweek Am Tour, and the Golf Channel Am Tour. Previously played golf for the Air Force and Armed Forces. 

-Brandon 

Edited by Bohnson

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

22 hours ago, Dover Doug said:

I am considering a home setup for a golf simulator before I order some clubs.

What are the best but also most reasonably priced options? Will a simulator help with club fitting or ordering the right clubs?

Dover Doug

Hi @Dover Doug, welcome to the forum.  There are a few threads already going on that talk about home setups for golf simulators.  This thread is for introducing new members that are based in the Midwest so you probably won't receive many responses to your question.

Here's a recent thread specifically related to nets, simulators, and mats.  MGS is also in the process of testing out some nets and mats so stay tuned to the main site for more info.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've been golfing for 17 years or so. I took about 10 years off in my 20s as I was moving around a bunch and didn't have the money to golf. I grew up in a small town in ND where golf was extremely cheap, and I kind of took being able to golf for granted. I picked it up again 6 months ago. My average score at the moment is around 85. 

1. What do you love about golf?

I love being able to get outdoors. I'm also an extremely competitive person, and I like that with golf I can compete against myself at any time. There's always a low score to beat. There's always room to improve. It also gets me out with my friends, which is hard to do otherwise. Ha. 

1. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I found MGS when I was getting back into golf. I have an obsessive personality and before purchasing anything do extensive research. I think at the time I was looking to buy some used clubs. I found the unbiased reviews and the member forums to be the best source for information on golf equipment. I've since obsessed over most wanted lists, especially the golf balls. When I was golfing years ago there were so few choices outside of the big brands. None that I can think of. It's been cool to see the "little guy" create a space in the golf market. 

1. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I currently live in Minneapolis, MN. Not sure I have a home course. I still don't own a membership to any course, but I would say that I golf Hiawatha GC the most (I can catch a twilight after work and it's right by my house). 

1. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best thing about golfing in my region is that I have friends and family here to golf with. Part of the reason I took so many years off, other than financials, is that I didn't have anybody to do it with. The worst thing about golf in the MidWest is that the off-season is looonnnnnnggggg!

1. What do you do for a living?

I'm a Bike Mechanics Internship Instructor at a local non-profit bike shop. 

1. How’d you pick your user name?

During a career mode on MLB the SHOW around 2010 I was looking for a name for my character that the announcer would actually say. I settled on the name Coyote Jones. It's been my alias ever since. 

WITB

Driver: Ping G30 10.5 Stiff

Fairway wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 Stiff 

Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 Steel Fiber i95 Stiff (5-PW)

Wedges: Vokey 52, 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?                                                                                                                                                                               I was born and raised in Brazil, so I grew up without golf, I immigrated to the US almost 20 years ago and for the first part of my life here, I did not have any interest in golf, I was very reluctant to play golf and even follow the sport, until my buddy Chris, got me into golf, I have been playing golf for about 10 years now. I remember my staring set I got from Kmart for 87 bucks, those were some bad clubs. I track my handicap from the high teens during the summer to the low 20s on the fall and spring with less play and practice. I am hoping to cross to the low teens on the next couple of years now that I have a new back on me. I had back fusion surgery last October.

2. What do you love about golf?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     I just enjoy the sport in general, I enjoy being on the outdoors and simply having fun with my friends. What I enjoy the most is the time I spend with my 11 year old, usually a round of golf is a few hours of just hanging out with him.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?                                                                                                                                                                                          I have been reading the forums for a long time, I used to have another account here, but it was attached to an old email that I no longer have access and I ended up creating a new profile a couple of years ago, I initially have been here for the golf equipment reviews

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                I live in Southgate Michigan, I consider Taylor Meadows in Taylor Michigan my home course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?                                                                                                                                                                                                             The best thing is the great amount of courses around here, there are a lot magnificent courses within an hour of my home and I enjoy the variety of playing options.                    The worse thing is the winter, some years we have a very long and cold winters.

6. What do you do for a living?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       I am a Quality investigator for a multinational IT company, yeah I am one of the people that could listen to your call for quality purposes, aside a million other things that I do for them.

7. How’d you pick your user name?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Same as my online game tag, honestly pulled the name from a TV show The Unit.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I have been playing golf since the age of 5 years old. My handicap is a 12.

2. What do you love about golf? The creativity and thought making that goes into a shot. Also the relaxation

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    sub 70 golf referred me

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I’m from Chicago, IL soon to be moving to the suburbs of Milwaukee Wisconsin. My home course is Fountain Hills golf Club in Alsip, IL.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather is the worst. The best is the variety of courses.

6. What do you do for a living? I am a physical therapist.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It’s my name.

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

1. How long have you been playing golf? 30 years  What’s your handicap or normal score? Hovering around 80

2. What do you love about golf? Everything. Especially the feel of a well struck shot with any club.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Looking for information. Do you already know any other Spies? Not that I know of.

4. Where are you from? Bloomer, Wisconsin. What is your home course? Bloomer Veteran's Memorial

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is that there are lots of courses to play. Worst is the VERY short season!

6. What do you do for a living? I'm an Electrical Engineer (Controls/Automation)

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's the one I use for most stuff like this (short for my name: Mick Larson)

Thanks,

Mick

Edited by Micklars
Clarity

Titleist AP2 718 - AMT White S300 Shafts, Standard Length and Lie

Rocketballz RBZ Stage 2 - 10.5 degrees, Stiff 60g Fujikura Rocketfuel Shaft

Right Handed

Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Handicap - 7.8

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing golf ever since I can remember. My handicap is a 7 would like to get it down to the 4 or 5 range. 

2. What do you love about golf? no better feeling than a well struck golf shot am I right ? 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I gave been reading MyGolfSpy  article for a couple of years now and just came across this,

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from the Twin cities Minnesota. I in the market for a home course so any suggestion from the Minnesota Crowd would be greatly appreciated

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Winter they don't call it Minnesowta for no reason !

:callaway-small: XR 16, 9°, Aldila Phenom 70 2.9 X-stiff

:titelist-small: 915F 3 wood, 15° , Aldila Tour Green  75

:callaway-small: Big Bertha Warbird 5 wood,

:titelist-small: 712MB 4-Pw, True Temper Dynamic gold 300s

:vokey-small: SM5 52°, F Grind

:vokey-small: SM5 56°, M Grind

:vokey-small:SM6 60° , S Grind

:cameron-small: Select Newport 2014 , 15 g weight toe/heel , 34 inches , Pistolini - Red  Grip

1. How long have you been playing golf?  On and off since I was 5 years old.    What’s your handicap or normal score?  Uh.....17

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge of the game, the competition, being outdoors and the interesting people I meet.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Decided to join after browsing the site the last couple of years. Do you already know any other Spies? No

4. Where are you from? I currently reside in Southeast Mi and originally from Georgia. What is your home course? Dunham Hills

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Number of great courses to choose from. Worst: No winter golf

6. What do you do for a living? Engineer in automotive field.

7. How’d you pick your user name? I use Ben Hogan equipment and my taste is a litte old school.

D  :ping-small: G30

3W :Hogan: coming soon

5W :ping-small: G30

Irons :Hogan: Ptx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42,46 degrees

PW  :Hogan: TK 50 degree

SW :cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 56 degree

LW :cleveland-small:  Rotex 2.0 60 degree

P    :ping-small:    Sigma G Anser

Ball 1 :taylormade-small: Tour Response    Ball 2 :Snell: Mtb-x

Bag 1 :Hogan: Mini Tour            Bag 2 :Hogan: Stand

1. How long have you been playing golf?  Since my early teens, which means about 30 years. I did take off about 10 years while playing agent and chauffeur during my son's athletic run as a kid.  What’s your handicap or normal score?  Currently bouncing around the 14 - 15 mark. Late 2019 was hard on the index.

2. What do you love about golf? I enjoy the solitude when I get to play alone. But I also enjoy playing with a group while talking stupid and having a few adult pops.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Been a member on the site since 2016 originally just taking in all of the content. Really used the site over the past winter while researching information for new irons and wedges. Ended up getting fit and buying a set of irons from Sub70 and Vokey wedges.  Do you already know any other Spies? Not that I know of.

4. Where are you from? I currently live in Mount Pleasant, WI approximately 20 minutes south of Milwaukee. What is your home course? I split time between Johnson Park in Racine and the Kenosha County courses (Brighton Dale Links & Petrifying Springs)

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - The choices for top quality, affordable golf. Worst - obvious answer is the weather but we manage. 

6. What do you do for a living? Facilities & Maintenance Manager for a manufacturing company.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Its my name. Not real creative.

:taylormade-small: M2 9.5*

:callaway-small: XR 

:755178188_TourEdge: 

:Sub70: 699 4-AW, KBS Tour 130

:vokey-small: SM8 54* and 58*, KBS Tour 130

:bettinardi-small: BB38, 35" & :ping-small: Kushin

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

:1590477705_SunMountain: C130

:footjoy-small: DryJoys, Flex, ProSL 

:SuperSpeed:

1. How long have you been playing golf?   Started when I was 18 quit when I was 21 started again at 57, I'm now 63 and a much better golfer than I was at 20. 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?  I play to an 16 typically.

3. What do you love about golf? That I can't ever beat it. And neither can you. 🙂

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I came for the equipment ratings and stayed for.... I don't know why I stayed. 

5. Where are you from? Illinois, Evanston, Chicago, Skokie. 

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is the amount of quality courses within an hour of where I live. The worst thing is winter but I dress for it and play through it. 

7. What do you do for a living? I fix peoples interactions with technology. 

8. How’d you pick your user name? First initial last name and a number I like. 

•  
Edited by ckeller52
-ckeller52

What's in the bag? This is....
IRONS         Srixon ZX5 5-AW fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts
WEDGE's     Vokey SM9 54* 14 Fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts and A 60* Jean Carlo Golf Wedge (Amazon)
DRIVER       default_taylormade-small.jpg M6
3 WOOD     default_taylormade-small.jpg M6
HYBRIDS     cobra King F9 Speedback 3&4  KBS TOUR HB GRAPHITE 75 R
PUTTER       cobra WideSport 35" 
Lamkin       Sonar+ Tour Calibrate Standard Golf Grips
I also use Garmin Approach S70 and a Bushnell V3 (no slope)
And a Full Swing Kit launch monitor for the three times a week or so when I practice. 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 

I've been playing since I was 11 or 12 so close to 30 years but I didn't really take it seriously until after college. My golf life went on hiatus when my son was born 5 years ago where I only got out a few times a year, but now this season I'm looking to change that and get back to regular rounds and practice. When I last was tracking my handicap I was a 20 and I've probably regressed a few strokes with all the time off.

What do you love about golf? 

I love the challenge of constantly trying to improve

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? 

One of the articles popped up in my google news feed and I liked what I read and started checking out the rest of the site.  Since I'm getting back into golf this season, I'm looking to update my bag and replace most everything since my set is made of clubs from ~ 2008 and there is a wealth of information on this site to help me create my short list of new clubs.

Where are you from? What is your home course? 

I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago and don't have a fixed home course. I play a lot of the local municipal courses.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 

The best thing is the large number of courses in the area so there are always options for getting on the course somewhere at a reasonable fee. The worst thing is definitely the shortened season compared to living in the south. I'd love to have the option for year round golf.

What do you do for a living?

Structural Engineer

How’d you pick your user name? 

I've always been a huge car guy and this is high on my list for my next purchase.

1. How long have you been playing golf?   28 years

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?  7.2 index and 82-83 score

3. What do you love about golf?  The competition, friendships made, memories created and chasing scratch

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  I enjoyed the reviews for years and committing to participating consistently as a full member

5. Do you already know any other Spies?  No

6. Where are you from?  Chicago

7. What is your home course?  Aurora CC

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Variety of great public course options and wonderful private courses, too.  Golf seasons are too short

9. What do you do for a living?  Residential Mortgage Lending

10. How’d you pick your user name?  It's my passion and first email handle back in the aol days

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

1. I have been playing golf since I was very young. I played junior gold, varsity, college. I haven’t had a handicap in a while. I am consistently a sub 80, but range from 76-82. 

2. I love the chase, the outdoors, and the feeling a perfectly struck shot/perfect flight. 

3. I followed spy on insta and have enjoyed all thing my golf spy. 

4. Northern IL.. Stonewall Orchard in Grayslake, IL. 

5. Winter sucks hard, but summer is wonderful. 

6. I am a science teacher/administrator. 

7. It’s just my name ha ha.  

M5 Taylormade w/Hazrds Yellow (small batch)

Ping G410 Hybrid w/Evenflow protoype

Taylormade 4-PW P-750 w/C-Taper Lite 

Taylormade HiToe 50, 54, 60 w/project-x 

Scotty Squareback or Spyder X 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing for over 30 years which is hard to believe!  My index is 4.2, but I'd say my game doesn't translate the well to other courses than the course I play 95% of my rounds.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love the feeling of a well struck iron shot...I can't duplicate that feeling anywhere else!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I listen to the podcasts pretty religiously when I travel.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in Kewanee IL and play at a former Private Club now public, Kewanee Dunes Golf Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Weather!!!  It's April 17 and we just got 5" of snow over night!

6. What do you do for a living?  I'm in industrial sales.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Golfernaught is a play on Golfer (not!).  

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  58 years old. Introduced to the game as a kid, played for a bad HS team, played a lot before marriage/kids, played very little for 20 years, started playing a lot again late last summer. Playing at about a 10 handicap.

2. What do you love about golf? a) Hitting an iron flush. b) Walking a course. c) Playing with my son. d) Breaking 80.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? The reviews.  Do you already know any other Spies? Nope.

4. Where are you from? Indianapolis. What is your home course? None. Play all the publics in my area.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: A lot of affordable public courses; Not much traffic if you can wait until the afternoon to play. Worst: Weather (unpredictable and too short of a season); Inconsistent playing conditions.

6. What do you do for a living? IT

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's my name :^)

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing on and off since I was 14( roughly 16 years). Been bit with the golf bug badly in the last 3 years. Currently trending to a 10.8.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the competitive spirit of the game while never being able to play with someone of all skill levels.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Dont know any other spies but always looking to expand my network. Was brought to MGS by their reviews.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? South Suburbs of Chicago. Play between Mistwood GC, Calumet GC, Ravisloe GC, Bolingbrook GC while sprinkling in other courses throughout the summer

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? A lot of Private clubs turned public that allow you to play some historic courses. Short season due to our lovely Midwest weather. 

6. What do you do for a living? Technology based supply chain consultant,

7. How’d you pick your user name? Combination of my initials and Nickname. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing golf for 25 years. I'm currently a 9.2 - which means I'm usually in the mid-80s.

2. What do you love about golf?  The never-ending pursuit of perfection. My wife labels it an addiction. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I love the authentic, unbiased reviews and testing. It feeds my addiction as the mot reliable source of information on golf products. I don't know any other spies, but look forward to connecting with them here.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I grew up around South Bend, Indiana. I still love going back to play Blackthorn and Warren (Notre Dame's course). I've been living in Columbus, Ohio since 2002. Thanks to Jack, there are so many great courses here. Murfield has to be my favorite!

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is the number of private and public courses. I think Ohio is top 3 in courses per captia. The bad - - the weather and not being able to play year round. I guess that's an excuse for golf trips.

6. What do you do for a living?  I'm the head of HR for a furniture company.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  It's the same one I use for most sites. 

:ping-small: G410, 9°, Tensei Orange 70-S
:adams-small: Tight Lies, 16°, Bassara 55-S
:adams-small: Idea Tech Boxer a40S 4 hybrid, Tour AD 65-R
:callaway-small:  X-20 Tour 4I-PW, Project X 5.5
:mizuno-small: MP-T4 50°, True Temper
:cleveland-small: 588 56°, stock
:nike-small: SV 60°, stock
:scotty-small: Newport 2 Notchback, Flat Cat grip
vice.png.4b217c198888a58207ae8084550b589d.pngPro balls