TESTERS WANTED! ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing golf for almost 35 years, was a club pro for a while but now have my amateur status back.  My handicap is around a +1,  my average score is low 70's and I am pretty consistent there, not too many higher but also not too many really low

2. What do you love about golf?  I love that its different everyday, one day you will hit the driver great, the next its the irons.  Its the challenge of working with what you have that day and making it successful.  You can play this game a variety of ways and still be successful.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I don't know any other spies, but I started coming here for the reviews and found the forums.  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in Alpena, Mi (Northeast Michigan along Lake Huron) and my home course is Lost Lake Woods Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best thing is I am a short drive (2 hour)to the West side of Michigan which has some great golf courses.  The worst thing is the weather, our golf season is too short!

6. What do you do for a living?  I am in Sales, mostly online so I can make my own schedule and get to play a lot of golf.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Last name and the year I got married.  I am not creative!

Ping G425 LST 10.5* - Rogue White 130

Ping G425 LST 14.5 - Rogue White 130

TaylorMade SIM 19* Tensei Pro White

Srixon ZX5 4&5 iron Modus 120

Srixon ZX7 6-AW Modus 120

Vokey SM8 54* 60* Modus 125 wedge

EvnRoll ER5B

Hello Everyone, 

New to the forums but wanted to intrduce myself 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? In November of 2017 I was 581lbs and either going to die or become disabled. I had to make drastic changes and decided to have weight loss surgery. During the process I grew a passion and love for the game of golf. I've been golfing consistently for about 2 years now and currently have a 17 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? Growing up I was always into sports. Baseball was my jam...lol I was good at it it came naturally to me. I think the fight with golf and the passion is that the game is hard for me. There is a challenge each time I hit the course. So many aspects to the game and thing to learn. Always adapting. Plus its something you can do by yourself and being here in Michigan there's a lot of spots with amazing views. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Well to be honest I just started my own YouTube channel documenting my love for the game and my journey through weight loss and was looking for a place to get and gather information about different products and connect with others that enjoy the game as much as I do. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Fraser, MI - home course for me would have to be St. Clair Shores Golf Club 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather however, I recently built me a el cheapo simulator in my garage and that has filled the void with COVID-19 

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a Service Desk Manager for a MSP 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Once was 581lbs lost 235lbs and fell in love with the game of golf. Continuing to hold onto my roots of being a big guy and also a love for The Notorious BIG and for always going 1 or more over par for a bogey, I have become "TheBogeySmalls"

After losing more than 235lbs with RNY weight loss surgery and building a passion for the game of golf I decided to create a youtube channel to share my journey. I'll be bringing golf course vlogs, golf product reviews, golf simulator sessions from my home garage setup, and a whole lot more!

The Bogey Smalls YouTube Channel

On 5/4/2020 at 8:10 AM, Granata13 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing golf for almost 35 years, was a club pro for a while but now have my amateur status back.  My handicap is around a +1,  my average score is low 70's and I am pretty consistent there, not too many higher but also not too many really low

2. What do you love about golf?  I love that its different everyday, one day you will hit the driver great, the next its the irons.  Its the challenge of working with what you have that day and making it successful.  You can play this game a variety of ways and still be successful.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I don't know any other spies, but I started coming here for the reviews and found the forums.  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in Alpena, Mi (Northeast Michigan along Lake Huron) and my home course is Lost Lake Woods Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best thing is I am a short drive (2 hour)to the West side of Michigan which has some great golf courses.  The worst thing is the weather, our golf season is too short!

6. What do you do for a living?  I am in Sales, mostly online so I can make my own schedule and get to play a lot of golf.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Last name and the year I got married.  I am not creative!

Welcome!

My grandparents used to have a place up in Oscoda, it's tough to hate all the beautiful nature y'all have up there.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

24 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Welcome!

My grandparents used to have a place up in Oscoda, it's tough to hate all the beautiful nature y'all have up there.

It’s beautiful up here but golf season is short!! We woke up to snow on the ground today!

Ping G425 LST 10.5* - Rogue White 130

Ping G425 LST 14.5 - Rogue White 130

TaylorMade SIM 19* Tensei Pro White

Srixon ZX5 4&5 iron Modus 120

Srixon ZX7 6-AW Modus 120

Vokey SM8 54* 60* Modus 125 wedge

EvnRoll ER5B

18 minutes ago, Granata13 said:

It’s beautiful up here but golf season is short!! We woke up to snow on the ground today!

😱

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I started playing golf at a very young age, and played on the team in high school, but I got burned out playing so much. Basically gave it up for about 8 years. 

started playing again last summer and it unearthed the dormant love I had for it. 

What do you love about golf?

I love the pace of the game. It reminds me of my dad and all the wisdom I learned from him on the course. I love it demands perfection. It is a game of misses. You just try to get better at missing. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Trying to get more in tune with golf culture. Dont know anyone else here :/

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Live in Minneapolis. Play Hiawatha Golf Course the most, but as a PCC member in the area, I play all over. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Tons of courses. Worst part is it is cold here and the season is short. 

How’d you pick your user name?

Lots of people with my name. Thought it would be funny to make it seem like I was the official one. 

WITB:

Callaway Rogue ST - Driver

Titleist TS2 - 4 Wood

Titleist 818 H1 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX 850 Forged Irons

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 54 and Cleveland RTX4 58

#ROCKCHALK

On 5/3/2020 at 7:45 AM, cciciora13 said:

Love golf in middle/northern Wisconsin. Love Lake Arrowhead in Nekoosa.

Actually grew up near Nekoosa and rode dirt bikes in my youth all around the Arrowhead and Sand Valley area.  Played Arrowhead many times - great course - and was a member of BECC in Rapids - another great course now open to the public - for a few years before I moved away.  Game needed a lot of work back then...

Golfer in Summer, Curler in Winter

TM  Stealth  Ventus shaft

Callaway Epic Flash 5 adjusted to 4.

TM SIM 7 wood

TM M1 3 hybrid adjusted to 4

Callaway Apex 4 - P

Vokey 52, 56, 60

Odyssey 2 Ball with Black Line

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf for about 20 years, currently playing to a 12 and rising

2. What do you love about golf?  I love the feel of a pured strike, rolling in a long bomb, and equipment

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've followed on FB for quite a while and I like the way the tests are run and that they are shaking up the industry

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Sheboygan, WI

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - The course selection Worst - Winter

6. What do you do for a living?  I work in Insurance

7. How’d you pick your user name? First letter of my first name, last name, year of birth

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Been playing seriously for about 2 years. Handicap currently at 17 but working hard at getting that closer to 10

Getting out in the nice weather with some friends and enjoying a game that anyone can play.  Also love the challenge of always trying to improve, this keeps me going.

Love the content online.  Always looking to learn and improve my game.

Live in Belgium, WI right now.  My most often played course is Hawthorne Hills in Saukville.  I enjoy changing around courses often though  

Lots of great courses to play. No real golf in the winter is terrible. 

What do you do for a living?

Sales

My nickname

What’s up Midwest, particularly Michigan kids and Southeastern/Detroit suburbs spies. Looking forward to meeting some of you and playing some golf this year. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing 25+ years, but got more serious since I moved from Tx to Michigan. Generally mid to low 70’s. Broke 80 for the first time 2 years ago and trying for the next milestone of 75.

2. What do you love about golf? It’s a unique sport with a lot of contrasting options, alternatives and choices. Spending time outdoors on a course is always great, but I equally enjoy the serious focus rounds as well as fun best-ball/drink a 6-pack / talk s*** w/ your buddies. I enjoy walking 9/18 just as much as a quick round by myself or meeting new people I’m paired up with. As many have said, I love how you can get in/out of trouble or just ride a low score. What will fall apart today - and how you get through it - is part of the fun.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I came for the reviews, really impressed with the fact-based and no-BS marketing spin. Making me look at things in a new light  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally from Cincinnati, but started professional life in Dallas and now living in Detroit. No home course, though I frequent a lot of the muni’s in the Detroit suburbs near Birmingham and north/west  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Michigan has incredible courses, the only downside is the long winters. Nov-April every year I’m missing golf life in Texas.

6. What do you do for a living? Sales/Marketing/Future Planning for Global Jeep at FCA

7. How’d you pick your user name? My last name is notoriously hard to pronounce, so I go by a lot of nicknames. 

If you’re in the Detroit/Berkley/Royal Oak area, hit me up and we’ll play a round!

Instagram: @gram_golf

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

About 2 years - I use to play a lot more when I was younger but baseball took over.  I am a 15, bogey ball is where I normally reside.
  2. What do you love about golf?

I like getting outside and seeing the different settings that courses are in.  I also like the challenge of golf itself - one day I can hit driver well, others its short game - and figuring out how to do well that day with what is going well.
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Product reviews.  I do not.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

Columbus Ohio.  Blacklick Woods.
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best - lots of different golf courses at different price points.  Worsts - lots of different golf courses at different price points.
  6. What do you do for a living?

3D construction coordinator
  7. How’d you pick your user name?

Shortened portion of my name

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing since I was a kid ~10-11 years old. I have been working on my game the past few years in order to try to get to a competitive level and am hover around 2-3 handicap right now. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love being outdoors, the mental challenge it presents, and the feeling of a well struck shot exactly how you envisioned it.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I am joining golfspy bc I have been a long time reader and love the content that they push out. I think this will just be another great way to get involved and see the opinions of other readers. I have seen that there are some cool testing opportunities for full time forum members, which is another great incentive.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Chicago, IL and enjoy playing Ravisloe in Homewood, IL.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is the quality of the courses in the area and the volume. The downside is that most of them are private. Also, the winters are brutal.

6. What do you do for a living? I am an engineer.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It is just a nickname followed by my high school sports #.

:callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero, 9.5*, VA Nemesys 75, Golfpride MCC Align Midsize

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max Fairway Wood, 15*, Stock shaft, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:titelist-small: Titleist U500 21*, Hzrdus Smoke Stiff, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:benhogan-small: 2020 Ben Hogan Icon Irons 8-PW, Project X LZ, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:benhogan-small: 2020 Ben Hogan PTxPro Irons 4-7, Project X LZ, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:titelist-small: Vokey SM8 50*, 54*, 60*, Stock vokey shaft, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:cameron-small: Scotty Cameron California Mid-Mallet

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? About 12 years, currently a 10 HCP.

2. What do you love about golf? The feeling of executing a shot exactly how you wanted to; mainly a pounded drive or flushed approach shot.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Being able to stay up to date on the latest technology and equipment, as well as the data behind it. I do not know any other Spies as of now.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Currently in Columbus, OH and play the public courses here, but don't have a home course per se

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: All of the Donald Ross courses, especially in Cleveland. Worst: A lot of courses seem to have a very minimal range/practice area. Too many courses with no range at all. Am I in the minority because I love to practice?

6. What do you do for a living? IT Recruiting for Fortune 500 companies

7. How’d you pick your user name? My name!

7 hours ago, jadkins35 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? About 12 years, currently a 10 HCP.

2. What do you love about golf? The feeling of executing a shot exactly how you wanted to; mainly a pounded drive or flushed approach shot.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Being able to stay up to date on the latest technology and equipment, as well as the data behind it. I do not know any other Spies as of now.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Currently in Columbus, OH and play the public courses here, but don't have a home course per se

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: All of the Donald Ross courses, especially in Cleveland. Worst: A lot of courses seem to have a very minimal range/practice area. Too many courses with no range at all. Am I in the minority because I love to practice?

6. What do you do for a living? IT Recruiting for Fortune 500 companies

7. How’d you pick your user name? My name!

Welcome! Keep your eye open for an Ohio get-together. We usually try to get something going a couple times per year.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Hello all,

I am excited to be a part of this community of people who share a passion for this great game! Here are some things about me:

I have been playing golf for about eleven years now. My handicap is +3, and I typically shot around par, give or take a couple of strokes. I am a recent college graduate and I played all four years. I still love to compete regularly in all sorts of events.

It is really hard to pinpoint why I love the game. I love that it can be a solitary pursuit, but also a rowdy thrill with your buddies. I love that the game can offer so many different things to so many different people. 

I have come to MyGolfSpy simply for the fellowship and camaraderie. I love sharing ideas and input with people who love the game as much as I do. 

I am originally from Richmond, Indiana, but in the past four months, I have slowly begun transitioning to Southwest Florida. In Richmond, I have worked and played at all of the local clubs and public courses. In Southwest Florida, my two home courses are Hammock Bay and The Rookery. 

Thankfully since I am in the process of heading down south, I really do not have a lot of negatives to talk about! I am currently getting the best of the Midwest during the summer with the best of Florida in the winter. I AM NOT a fan of Midwestern winters!!!!

I do a lot of things right now. I currently caddie, work guest services, and work in a golf shop. I am a licensed real estate broker in the state of Indiana, and I look to pursue real estate in Florida as well.

I did not know what to make my user name, so I just came up with something I thought I would not forget!

I look forward to chatting with you all!

How long have you been playing golf? Handicap / Score?
I started swinging a club when I was under 10, but didn’t start golfing until I was 13 (stopped playing baseball). I am mostly self taught, but have had a few professional lessons over the years. While I played high school golf, and shot mid-80s consistently, wasn’t able to play as much as I wanted or needed to be better until recently. I am back to shooting in the mid-80s, 10-11 handicap, looking forward to getting to single digits this year!

A few things: the personal challenge each time you go out; it is outdoors; very social game; it’s something I can teach to my kids, and; my wife loves to play as well.

What brings you to MGS? Do you already know other spies?
I guess I had been following in the shadows for several years, reading driver/ball reviews, trying to hone the game. At some point, I felt it would be productive to give back some of what my golf experiences have been, thus I’m here!

Where are you from? Home course?
I live in Troy, Mi and my home course is Oakland University (Katke/Sharf).

The best are all the golf options that we have available to us and a pretty vast community of golfers. Once the weather is nice, it’s tough to find a tee time (especially this year).
Worst is winter. Although it provides us with a good excuse to head south at some point.

I am an accountant for a financial services company.

Looking forward to learning more from each of my fellow spies!
WR

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2019

Driver - [NEW] Mizuno ST190, Atmos Black 6x, adjusted to 8.5 degrees

3 Wood - Callaway Alpha 816, Graphite Design AD-DI 7x - 15 degrees

Hybrid - Callaway XR OS, Graphite Design AD-DI 7x - 18 degrees

Irons - Adams CMB, KBS C-Taper - 4 iron - GW

Wedges - Scratch, KBS C-Taper - 53, 58

Putter - Taylormade TP Ardmore Red Limited Edition - 34 inches 

23 years, +1 

2. What do you love about golf?

outside, the mental side of the game 

unbiased information 

from MN, live in OH, Country Club of The North 

It's affordable to play here compared to other states. The worst is the fact that we can only really play for 7 months of the year, or even less if you don't like the cold. 

Senior Cost Analyst for Foreign Military Sales 

College hockey nickname 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

I started playing when I was 6 or 7. I'm hovering around the 2.x's so far this year.

1. What do you love about golf?

I appreciate the fact that it's hard every time out. There's really no such thing as mastery. That said, it's always an opportunity for fresh air, a good walk, conversation with friends, and a personal challenge.

1. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? 

I appreciate the MGS no-bull review style. I know a few forum members that I've met elsewhere on the internet. I haven't caught a round with any of them (yet) though.

1. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I live in Green Bay, WI. I play a lot of courses in the area, but I consider Mid Vallee my home.

1. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 

Best thing is the variety and number of courses within driving distance. WI golf is pretty legit, and has something for every budget / style you could ask for. On the downside: winter.

1. What do you do for a living? 

I'm a software engineer.

1. How’d you pick your user name?

You'd have to ask my parents.

Titleist TSR3 8* HZRDUS Gen4 Black

Titleist TSRS3 16.5* 4W, Project X Evenflow White

Callaway Apex UW 21* Ventus Red

Callaway TCB 4-6, MB 7-9

Titleist SM9 46F 50F, 56D, 60M

Toulon Santa Monica

Hey everyone!

I’ve been playing golf since the age of 10 when I bought my first set at my neighbors garage sale. Old leather bag with about 35 clubs in it... 20 of them were some type of wood and the others were blades. 

What is not to love about golf... I think the best part is that you can truly never master it. There is always room for growth. 

I’ve been reading MGS for years and recommend it to all my golf junkie friends. I know a few spies and always looking to meet some more. 

I’m from Chicago (south burbs) and don’t have a home course... more of a golfing nomad.

I’m a teacher and coach by trade. 

1.     How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Good afternoon, I started playing golf in 2010 about twice a year. Just recently after recovering from multiple surgeries due to decades of extreme sports, I have decided to slow down and focus on one sport that is extremely challenging so here I am.

Last year I was in the 110’s and this year right of the bat am starting in the low 100’s and new clubs on the way.

2.     What do you love about golf?

I love the challenge and extreme mental focus one can always pursue but never master so the challenge never ends.

3.     What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

My good friend Shankster on mygolfspy who really brought me in the game the last couple years introduced me to the site recently.

4.     Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from the greater Seattle, Washington area but live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I play the Northern Michigan University Golf Course regularly and Greywall’s a few times a year.

5.     What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Marquette, MI has one of the most beautiful places in the summer (I have lived up and down both east and west coasts to include Hawaii) and I can at most times walk on to a course and play at any time. Greywalls one of the top golf courses in Michigan and is just a blast

The bad thing it starts snowing in October and ends sometime in April and accumulates on average 180” of snow a year. Luckily NMU has an indoor golf simulator I can use!

6.     What do you do for a living?

I have been serving in the Coast Guard for over a decade with the goal of impacting communities in a positive way and always being there when others are in need help.

7.     How’d you pick your username?

I picked my username because I like Ford Raptors, again it snows 180” a year where I live and having a nice truck to drive through it is something I dream of, ha!

Edited by JoesRaptor

1.     How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Good afternoon, I started playing golf in 2010 about twice a year. Just recently after recovering from multiple surgeries due to decades of extreme sports, I have decided to slow down and focus on one sport that is extremely challenging so here I am.

Last year I was in the 110’s and this year right of the bat am starting in the low 100’s and new clubs on the way.

2.     What do you love about golf?

I love the challenge and extreme mental focus one can always pursue but never master so the challenge never ends.

3.     What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

My good friend Shankster on mygolfspy who really brought me in the game the last couple years introduced me to the site recently.

4.     Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from the greater Seattle, Washington area but live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I play the Northern Michigan University Golf Course regularly and Greywall’s a few times a year.

5.     What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Marquette, MI has one of the most beautiful places in the summer (I have lived up and down both east and west coasts to include Hawaii) and I can at most times walk on to a course and play at any time. Greywalls one of the top golf courses in Michigan and is just a blast

The bad thing it starts snowing in October and ends sometime in April and accumulates on average 180” of snow a year. Luckily NMU has an indoor golf simulator I can use!

6.     What do you do for a living?

I have been serving in the Coast Guard for over a decade with the goal of impacting communities in a positive way and always being there when others are in need help.

7.     How’d you pick your username?

I picked my username because I like Ford Raptors, again it snows 180” a year where I live and having a nice truck to drive through it is something I dream of, ha!

Wooooo! About time you got on here Joe!

Everyone please welcome my former colleague and good good friend Joe to the forum!

Welcome @JoesRaptor ! Glad to have you aboard and happy to see that you already have a contact in @Shankster .  If there is anyone that knows the ins and outs around here he's a good one. 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Hello everyone! Excited to become a part of a passionate golfing community! Thank you very much for having me.

1.How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing golf for about 3 years now! From the rounds I have played I have calculated a handicap of 25.9. 

2.What do you love about golf?

There is nothing more peaceful, challenging, or rewarding than playing golf. For me, someone who loves being outdoors and in nature, this has become one of my favorite activities. I wish I had picked golf up sooner.

I have been thinking about joining a golfing community that shares the same passion and vigor the sport as I have. Learning that this is a dedicated community that loves testing and comparing the best equipment piqued my interest right away! Sadly, I do not know any other spies but I love making new friends and I hope to learn and cultivate my game along with all of you!

Originally I am from Lacrosse, Wisconsin but currently live in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. My home course is Blackstone Creek Golf Club in Germantown, Wisconsin. 

The best things about golf in my region is that I have a lot of options of different courses in a close area. I also love not sweating through all of my clothes when I can play rounds in the spring and fall! The worst things about golf in my region is that some courses can become very wet even from a slight rain. Oh, and the humidity too! Makes holding onto clubs challenging at times!

I am an Environmental Health Specialist for a local health department

Simple and effective, like I hope my golf game will become one day!

Driver: Cobra F9, stiff, (set 10 deg)

3 Wood: Srixon F65, Reg, (15 deg)

Hybrid: Cobra Baffler TWS, reg, (20 deg)

Irons: Cobra Forged One Length, stiff( 4-PW)

Wedges: 52 deg Ray Cook, 56deg TM Milled Grind, 60 deg Ray Cook

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Xg 2-ball F7

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing for about ten years, since I was a freshman in high school. My handicap is right around 4 as of now. I had major surgery nearly 5 years ago that still affects my play, but I'm working on getting it back to where it was.

2. What do you love about golf? First of all, being outside and the camaraderie. Second, I enjoy the fact that golf is an individual sport and that you have no one else to blame for bad play.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've actually been a MGS reader for years, I just haven't taken the steps to become a full member, which is why I am doing it now.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I moved around quite a bit, but if I had to choose one place, it would be the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. As of now I live near Kalamazoo.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best part is definitely the ability to play reasonably high quality golf courses for a good price as compared to other regions/states. The worst? The weather.

6. What do you do for a living? As of now I am still in college but I interned as a golf instructor out west for about 9 months in the last year.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's my name. Nothing creative, may have to change.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been golfing for as long as I can remember, my grandparents started teaching me when I was 8 (Roughly 16 years) My handicap has been pretty steady the past couple years. My handicap was around 5 throughout the from 2014-2018 (I was working at a golf shop/range in Southwest Michigan) now that I'm back in Illinois and working full time I haven't had much time to actually practice, last year my average score was around 82-85. With everything going on in today's world I've had plenty of time to practice my short game at home, hoping to get my handicap back down this season.

2. What do you love about golf?  Growing up I was always involved with team sports. My favorite part of golf is the fact that it's you and your clubs, never having to rely on someone else to do their job to succeed. Obliviously in a team sport it's easy to put the blame on someone else and not address what you could've done better, whereas in golf all the focus is on how you can improve your own skills to be the best you on the course.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been following MyGolfSpy for awhile now but just decided to join the forum page to have conversations with real people who actually understand the struggles/equipment that amateurs face.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Born and raised in Illinois. Do not really have a home course, but I normally play at Sanctuary/Silver Lake/Green Garden/Odyssey 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best for my area would be amount of courses in my area with the worst being the conditions post rain. I'm not sure why but most of the courses around me have terrible drainage.

6. What do you do for a living?  Although I wear many hats at my current job, my "official" title is International Operations Manager for a Third-Party Logistics Company 

7. How’d you pick your user name? My legal first name is Gerald so all my friends used to call me Young Gerald because even at 23 years old I look like I'm 12

Edited by Young_Gerald

:callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero, 9°, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65  
:taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19° and 25°, Atmos Red 60
:taylormade-small: M4 5–PW, KBS MAX 80
:titelist-small:  Vokey SM7 52° 56° and 60°
:odyssey-small: Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball
SNELL.png.dcc932e2604512572f79ffb188de754c.png Snell MTB-X

• started June 2013 and can’t seem to budge lower than an 18 hcp

• for me, it’s time where I can’t think about anything else besides what’s going on in front of me. It’s something I’ll never master. I also enjoy walking outside. 

• don't know any other spies, but have enjoyed the content, the tone of the site and reviews

• minneapolis by way of Chicago
  • play at Olympic Hills in Eden Prairie, MN

• best: beautiful summer with long days
  • worst: I’ve had blizzards on my April birthday 2 of the last 3 years

• physician

• i just wrote my name. Like a dork. 

hello all..

John Wagner from Michigan

been playing golf for 4 years..my son got me started and now im kinda hooked..handicap is roughly 20..a work in progress

what i love about golf...well its very challenging..basically just you versus the golf course

why i came here and joined..i have read alot of the articles..watched lots of the video posts..decided it was time to join

im from Michigan..and i wouldhave to say  home course would Lakes of Taylor

hmm..best thing about golf here...would have to be the wide variety of course styles we have through out the state

worst part..would definitely be the we cant cant golf all year around here..LOL

i work as an Electrician for one of the Big 3

how i came up with forum name..just used 1st 2 initials nd last name

Edited by jpwagner279

17 hours ago, Young_Gerald said:

How’d you pick your user name? My legal first name is Gerald so all my friends used to call me Young Gerald because even at 23 years old I look like I'm 12

So we can call you Doogie?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Off and on since childhood... 20 years??? Currently 13 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge, and the fact that I am not good, so there is always room for improvement

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? When so many people in the game I trust reference MyGolfSpy it gives you a lot of confidence in what you find here. Also have a science background I love taking feelings and emotions out of the equation and just getting data.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Madison, WI. Odana Hills... Muni golf for life.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? We have a ton of options (in season), From nice and super accessible city courses, to a pitch and putt with lights that stays open until 11PM, to UW Ridge that hosts a PGA Champions Tour event. We are also a short drive to Erin Hills, Whistling Straits or Sand Valley. You would think we are super spoiled if it wasn't for November through March.

6. What do you do for a living? High School Teacher

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's just my name, don't like hiding behind an alias

:titelist-small: TSi3 9*

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* FW

:titelist-small: TSi2 22* Hy
:mizuno-small: Mizuno Pro 225 5-PW (KBS $-taper)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM8 50*, 54*,58*
Evnroll: ER10 Outback 
:titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tracked By: :Arccos:

On 5/28/2020 at 1:11 PM, Shankster said:

Welcome!  I had a co worker from Marquette and I would be jealous of pictures during the summer and beautiful it was.  I've not been to Michigan for golf, but may change that soon with a family vacation, just a bit indecisive with everything going on right now.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"