TESTERS WANTED! ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? Around 25 years. I think I was a late starter as I picked it up in my early twenties. What’s your handicap or normal score? HP is 13.4.

2. What do you love about golf? A question I get a lot from my wife... I... I don’t know. It’s not love but more of an obsession. It’s definitely not healthy I can just tell you that. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? The unfiltered reviews. Do you already know any other Spies? Just the guys who reached out when I’ve won something!

4. Where are you from? Novi. What is your home course? Links of Novi

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I live in Novi. There are literally 13 courses within 15 minutes of my house. The worst - only getting to play them 6 months out of the year. 

6. What do you do for a living? Marketing and advertising director for a big software company (also time I started looking for opportunities 👍)

7. How’d you pick your user name? Needed something “golfy”... I’ve been using it in and around other sites for years. Try to be consistent so that other people might recognize the name and possibly know me and say hi. I’ve always taken pride in not being an internet jerk. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? My CDGA hc is 24 from the blues average around 96 to 110.  Been ruff year so far.

2. What do you love about golf?  That 1 shot not even hole, just 1 shot can make you want to come back even if you boogie.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Came across a few YouTube videos got hooked.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I'm from Homewood IL.  My home course is Glenwoodie in Glenwood IL.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best is there are plenty of courses near me.  The bad to many casual fitters  and the good ones are not cheep.

6. What do you do for a living?  I work for USPS a Rural Carrier

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Easy first name last name first letter.

PXG Gen 5 Driver 3 Wood 3 + 4 Hybrid, PXG gen 2 XF irons 5-P, Clevland CBX 2 54 + 58 wedge, PXG Closer putter.  Golf in 2 9 hole weekday leagues and a 18 sunday league.  Not having my best year.  Handicap index 23.8 last year was 20.7.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:27 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

1.  How long have you been playing golf? For about 10 years.

What’s your handicap or normal score?14.5

1. What do you love about golf? Being outside

2. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? My buddy told me about it. Seemed fun.

3. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Iowa. Currently work at Whispering Creek Golf Club. 

4. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: every small town has a course. Worst: not all are worth playing

5. What do you do for a living? Groundskeeper 

6. How’d you pick your user name? Been my nickname since High school.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing golf seriously since my sophomore year of high school, so 17 years now. My current handicap is a 6. I was 2nd team All-Ohio in 2005 and played college golf at Ohio Dominican University! 

2. What do you love about golf? Everything, I just love to compete and have fun! 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I enjoy being part of a community and a group of like minded individuals! 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Mount Gilead, Ohio and I currently live in Dublin, Ohio. I don’t have a home course but my favorite in this area is Jefferson CC! 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is that there are so many options around the Central Ohio area, the worst is the winter months! 

6. What do you do for a living? I work in Property and Casualty Insurance but I’m thinking about starting a golf blog and would love to work my way to testing and reviewing golf equipment! 

Hi guys,

Joe from sunny Cleveland Ohio!

1. I started golf late (@27 years old), and have been at it for 6 years. It's a hard game to learn at any age, and I've been chipping away at the handicap, I'm currently playing off a 16.

2. I'm a tinkerer, I love the equipment side of golf. I also love the process of getting better. I've learned alot about myself through golf.

3. I pore through the most wanteds and love the data driven approach to mygolfspy, that's what drew me in. I use tableau in my day job and when I saw embedded reports instead of marketing hype I knew I had found the right community.

4. Cleveland, Ohio area. Home course is Boulder Creek.

5. The best thing about golf in our region is the courses and professionals (both teachers and fitters) are FANTASTIC. Worse part is the weather and short season!

6. I'm in the "digital marketing" business (web sites, online ads, email and such) and have a technical web and database background.

7. The unofficial motto of the city of Cleveland is 'its STILL Cleveland against the World'. We're an underdog town with a hard-working scrappy attitude. I have a small workshop in my basement for golf equipment and an eBay shop that I call GRIT Golf because it reflects the mindset of hanging tough in a round, of putting in the work to get better, and of the DIY approach I believe in on the equipment side.

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

2 hours ago, Grit Golf said:

Home course is Boulder Creek.

Greetings from Akron!

Boulder Creek is fun, but usually only play there a couple times a year.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

6 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Greetings from Akron!

Boulder Creek is fun, but usually only play there a couple times a year.

The quarry is awesome down by you!

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

53 minutes ago, Grit Golf said:

The quarry is awesome down by you!

I live in northwest Akron (Fairlawn borders our property). It takes me about 45 minutes to get to Boulder Creek and about an hour to the Quarry. I've only played the Quarry once, but loved it.

@MattF @MaxEntropy when we playing?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

42 minutes ago, Mr_Theoo said:

We need to play soon!

13 hours ago, Mr_Theoo said:

I dunno, but we need to try and get @tony@CIC in and some of the new guys too.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

I dunno, but we need to try and get @tony@CIC in and some of the new guys too.

Are old and slow guys allowed 😂

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I'm fat and slow, so old and slow isn't an issue!

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf since I was very young, but took a long break during high school and college where I almost never played. Now I am a local member and play as often as I possibly can. My handicap is currently at 12.9, but usually play closer to a 15 or 16.

2. What do you love about golf? It is something everyone can do and have some fun with. It is great exercise since I prefer walking, and always having the chance at the next great shot is enjoyable. I have a lot of fun playing in a golf league at my club and the social aspect of golf is a plus.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I do not know any other Spies, but I have been listening to the No Putts Given podcast since the beginning. I finally wanted to get involved and be apart of the community.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Grand Rapids, MI. My home course is Sunnybrook Country Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Some of the worst aspects of golf in my region is the weather. Michigan goes from very cold, to very wet, to very hot, to cold and wet again. It also can be very difficult to locate golf balls in fallen leaves and long rough in the Fall. However, being Michigan, the weather can also be one of the best aspects of golf in this region. The summer months can be warm, sunny, and relatively calm with wind. There is also no shortage of golf courses to play and you can always keep things new and interesting.

6. What do you do for a living? Outside Sales for a global manufacturing company. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Simple, it is just my name. 

Kevin Kikkert

My Bag:

• Driver: :callaway-small:  XR 9° (Project X 6.0, S shaft)
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small: Burner 15° (Reax superfast 50 gram, Flex R shaft)
  • 5 wood: :callaway-small:   Big Bertha Titanium 18° (RCH 75W, Firm shaft)
  • Irons (3,5-P):  :titelist-small:  755's
  • Wedges: :vokey-small: SM6 in 50°, 54°, and 58°
  • Putter: :taylormade-small: Est 79 (TM-180) 34"

On 2/11/2019 at 5:27 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf most of my life even though I gave it up for about 5 years for baseball. I picked golf back up in college and have loved playing ever sense.  I am inconsistent now that I have kids and don't play as much.  I'm usually between high 80's to low 90's.  

• What do you love about golf?  I love that you can always get better and the strategy part of the game.  

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've always read and follow MyGolfSpy but never got into the Forums.  I'm trying to learn more about the game and the new technology.  

• Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live outside of Cleveland, OH. 

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  We have a great climate 4 months out of the year and a lot of good golf courses.  The worst is of course the winter.  

• What do you do for a living?  I work in supply chain for a large CPG company. 

• How’d you pick your user name? I'm not very original so I used my username for when I was in college.  

image.png.75c03abd37c94763e55b89d914afede0.png

:titelist-small: Titleist 917 D w/ Diamana Blue S 

:nike-small: VR 4-Wood w/ Diamana Red

:nike-small: Vapor 3-4 Hybrid w/ Stock Diamana Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged w/ KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S

:cleveland-small: RTX 50° w/ S400

:nike-small:  VR Forged 54°, 58° w/ S400

:scotty-small: Studio Select 1.5 w/ Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:bridgestone-small: BXS

:Clicgear: Rovic RV1C

56 minutes ago, MattF said:

I'm fat and slow, so old and slow isn't an issue!

Matt, maybe Pine Hills, Hinckley? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

18 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Matt, maybe Pine Hills, Hinckley? 

Looks good to me. @MaxEntropy and @Mr_Theoo, whaddya reckon?

In the bag:

Bag: 

4 minutes ago, MattF said:

Looks good to me. @MaxEntropy and @Mr_Theoo, whaddya reckon?

Sounds good to me!

Once you set your signature when creating your profile, how do you go back and adjust what is in your signature line? I cannot find it in "My Profile" settings. Thanks.

Edited by Kevin Kikkert

Kevin Kikkert

My Bag:

8 minutes ago, Kevin Kikkert said:

Once you set your signature when creating your profile, how do you go back and adjust what is in your signature line? I cannot find it in "My Profile" settings. Thanks.

There is a drop down in the upper right hand corner by your username.  Select account settings... in there you will find the signature section.

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

1 hour ago, Jwhite86 said:

There is a drop down in the upper right hand corner by your username.  Select account settings... in there you will find the signature section.

Awesome, Thank you!

Kevin Kikkert

My Bag:

On 6/1/2020 at 10:34 AM, tony@CIC said:

Of course! Well let’s start planning something for this month? Everyone free on Sundays?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

2 hours ago, Mr_Theoo said:

Of course! Well let’s start planning something for this month? Everyone free on Sundays?

I am now!

In the bag:

Bag: 

On 6/1/2020 at 1:20 PM, Kevin Kikkert said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf since I was very young, but took a long break during high school and college where I almost never played. Now I am a local member and play as often as I possibly can. My handicap is currently at 12.9, but usually play closer to a 15 or 16.

2. What do you love about golf? It is something everyone can do and have some fun with. It is great exercise since I prefer walking, and always having the chance at the next great shot is enjoyable. I have a lot of fun playing in a golf league at my club and the social aspect of golf is a plus.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I do not know any other Spies, but I have been listening to the No Putts Given podcast since the beginning. I finally wanted to get involved and be apart of the community.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Grand Rapids, MI. My home course is Sunnybrook Country Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Some of the worst aspects of golf in my region is the weather. Michigan goes from very cold, to very wet, to very hot, to cold and wet again. It also can be very difficult to locate golf balls in fallen leaves and long rough in the Fall. However, being Michigan, the weather can also be one of the best aspects of golf in this region. The summer months can be warm, sunny, and relatively calm with wind. There is also no shortage of golf courses to play and you can always keep things new and interesting.

6. What do you do for a living? Outside Sales for a global manufacturing company. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Simple, it is just my name. 

Welcome! Several of us from around the Grand Rapids area on here. 

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

4 hours ago, Mr_Theoo said:

Yes, sir!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started playing golf before I can remember. My dad was a single parent, and if he wanted to go out and golf, it meant dragging me along. Eventually he put a putter in my hand and let me wack the ball around, and then I eventually got a junior set of make shift clubs he had laying around. I started playing seriously around 8th grade, and joined the golf team in my small town for high school. Sophomore year I was the 5th spot out of 6 for varsity, and 2nd spot by senior year. At that point I carried a 7 handicap. I gave up after I moved away from my family, and started working and chasing girls. Picked it back up at 28, and 3 years later I’m trying to find my rhythm again. Currently a 14 Handicap.

2. What do you love about golf? I am not an outdoors type person unless I’m playing a sport. I played Soccer, Golf, and Baseball my whole life. Getting me outside in hot weather for anything other than a sport is a chore for my wife. Now that I’m older and can’t play sports as well as I used too, I began to turn back to golf. It’s also something my Dad can still do, and still enjoys, so it’s one of those cherish moments for me as well. I also intend to do this with my kids, One is currently 2, and Two is in the oven right now. Nothing every beats the sight of a great looking golf hole. The work that went into the grass and layout is always worth every look.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I first discovered MGS from the Ball Test. I then began reading articles, and had no idea a forum existed until minutes ago. I like the informative side of golf a lot. Data has become a weird hobby for me. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from a small town in Central Wisconsin. Not a lot going on by us. The type of town with 1 plant the entire town works at. I moved to find better work, and I enjoy city life better than country life. Home course is Chaska in Appleton, WI.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is, if it’s a well maintained course, the grass is always thick, and lush. It’s well kept, and watered properly. The worst is of course, winter, when I can’t play outside of an indoor simulator in our area. The winter can sometimes cause burn on the course as well that will stick around all year.

6. What do you do for a living? I work in a Pattern shop. We make parts for various foundries around the US. Mostly local though. We work with companies like, John Deere, Toyota, Ford, GMC etc. we have had just about everything come through our shop. Including a Putter. I wasn’t working at the time, but we still have the mold in the shop.

7. How’d you pick your user name? When I was in high school, and I got my first Xbox 360, I had to create a gamertag. While I was setting it up to my TV, the show Robot Chicken was playing. It was a Star Wars skit where Palpatine gets a call from Vader. You only hear Palpatine talking throughout the skit. At one point he shouts out, “what’s an aluminum falcon?!?” Which in Star Wars is the Millennium Falcon. I randomly threw that in as my GT and it’s stuck ever since. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9.5

3 Wood: Cobra F9 Tour 13.5

3Hybrid: Cobra F9

4i-PW: Cobra King Forged One Length

52/56/60: Cleveland CBX

Putter: Cleveland TFI 8.0 CB

1. I have been playing golf since I was 13, so 17 years.  I carry a 7 handicap and reside in the 81-84 range.

2. I love golf for 2 main reasons.  (1) How it can bring people together.  Bringing people you already know closer, and also introducing you to people from every walk of life without the pressures of other traditional interactions.  (2) And the places it can take you.  I have played golf in a few different places.  Mostly northern Ohio, where I live.  Also Pennsylvania, Michigan, South/North Carolina, Florida, and SCOTLAND.  You can go anywhere in the world and play golf, and it will always be different and can be with new friends everywhere.  Name another sport that can provide that. 

3. I love the information that MyGolfSpy provides about products and the way they put it. Unbiased and data driven.  I am an engineer myself so I appreciate a good data set.  I first got into MyGolfSpy because of Jason Stiwald.

4. I reside in Lakewood, Ohio, just west of Cleveland.  I play a lot of different course, but my closest and easiest one to play is Big Met.  A Cleveland Metroparks course that isn't overly challenging (at all) but is usually in good shape and is close to home. 

5. Best: Most courses are easy to walk. Ohio doesn't have much elevation, and I prefer carrying to a cart.  The people here are great to play with, any group you get put into is usually good.  Pace of play is good, even if it feels slow you're going to be done under 4.5 hours.  And the courses themselves, there is a good variety throughout the area using everything at the super's disposal. Water, lots of trees, bunkering.  Worst: Weather (short season, and its usually either wet or hot).  The best available courses to play are usually a decent drive from Cleveland.  There are some country clubs close to downtown, but obviously private.  Leagues, which is a problem everywhere, I understand.  But every night of the week at every course is booked up til 7pm, and for someone like me, the weeknight 9 is tough to work into a schedule. 

6. What do you do for a living?  I am a Manufacturing Engineer working for Parker Hannifin.  I have been an engineer for 7 years since college. 

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Its the most straightforward thing I could think of.  I love living close to Lake Erie (my house is less than a mile from it) and I play golf. 

Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9* Stock. 3-Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero, 15*. Hybrid: Sub70 949x Pro 19*. Irons: Taylormade rac LT 3-PW. Wedges: Vokey F-Grind 52*, 58*. Putter: Rife 2-Bar Blade Putter.  Pro V1

howdy!! Ex professional golfer turned chef/avid golfer. Excited to be a part of this community!!!

Driver: Taylormade M5 (Diamana Whiteboard X)

Fairway: Cobra F9 14.5 (HZRDUS smoke Yellow 6.5)

Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 (mitsubishi ck pro white 90 X)

Irons: Mizuno MP 59 (kbs c-taper X)

Wedges: Callaway MD4 ( True Temper S200)

Putter: Scottery Cameron Tour Rat (34 inches)

1. I have been playing golf since I was 13, so 17 years.  I carry a 7 handicap and reside in the 81-84 range.

2. I love golf for 2 main reasons.  (1) How it can bring people together.  Bringing people you already know closer, and also introducing you to people from every walk of life without the pressures of other traditional interactions.  (2) And the places it can take you.  I have played golf in a few different places.  Mostly northern Ohio, where I live.  Also Pennsylvania, Michigan, South/North Carolina, Florida, and SCOTLAND.  You can go anywhere in the world and play golf, and it will always be different and can be with new friends everywhere.  Name another sport that can provide that. 

3. I love the information that MyGolfSpy provides about products and the way they put it. Unbiased and data driven.  I am an engineer myself so I appreciate a good data set.  I first got into MyGolfSpy because of Jason Stiwald.

4. I reside in Lakewood, Ohio, just west of Cleveland.  I play a lot of different course, but my closest and easiest one to play is Big Met.  A Cleveland Metroparks course that isn't overly challenging (at all) but is usually in good shape and is close to home. 

5. Best: Most courses are easy to walk. Ohio doesn't have much elevation, and I prefer carrying to a cart.  The people here are great to play with, any group you get put into is usually good.  Pace of play is good, even if it feels slow you're going to be done under 4.5 hours.  And the courses themselves, there is a good variety throughout the area using everything at the super's disposal. Water, lots of trees, bunkering.  Worst: Weather (short season, and its usually either wet or hot).  The best available courses to play are usually a decent drive from Cleveland.  There are some country clubs close to downtown, but obviously private.  Leagues, which is a problem everywhere, I understand.  But every night of the week at every course is booked up til 7pm, and for someone like me, the weeknight 9 is tough to work into a schedule. 

6. What do you do for a living?  I am a Manufacturing Engineer working for Parker Hannifin.  I have been an engineer for 7 years since college. 

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Its the most straightforward thing I could think of.  I love living close to Lake Erie (my house is less than a mile from it) and I play golf. 

Welcome from another Buckeye. There are a bunch of us here from northern Ohio. I use to live on the eastside but moved to Catawba Island 12 years ago. There is a northeast Ohio thread going here and@mattf is organizing an outing at the end of the month. I can't do a search using tapatalk, so you might try the desktop version to search for the northeast Ohio thread. The OP for that thread lives on the west side , perhaps Lakewood?

Be sure to post your location on the member map.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 5/19/2020 at 11:01 AM, dgoober said:

What’s up Midwest, particularly Michigan kids and Southeastern/Detroit suburbs spies. Looking forward to meeting some of you and playing some golf this year. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing 25+ years, but got more serious since I moved from Tx to Michigan. Generally mid to low 70’s. Broke 80 for the first time 2 years ago and trying for the next milestone of 75.

2. What do you love about golf? It’s a unique sport with a lot of contrasting options, alternatives and choices. Spending time outdoors on a course is always great, but I equally enjoy the serious focus rounds as well as fun best-ball/drink a 6-pack / talk s*** w/ your buddies. I enjoy walking 9/18 just as much as a quick round by myself or meeting new people I’m paired up with. As many have said, I love how you can get in/out of trouble or just ride a low score. What will fall apart today - and how you get through it - is part of the fun.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I came for the reviews, really impressed with the fact-based and no-BS marketing spin. Making me look at things in a new light  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally from Cincinnati, but started professional life in Dallas and now living in Detroit. No home course, though I frequent a lot of the muni’s in the Detroit suburbs near Birmingham and north/west  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Michigan has incredible courses, the only downside is the long winters. Nov-April every year I’m missing golf life in Texas.

6. What do you do for a living? Sales/Marketing/Future Planning for Global Jeep at FCA

7. How’d you pick your user name? My last name is notoriously hard to pronounce, so I go by a lot of nicknames. 

If you’re in the Detroit/Berkley/Royal Oak area, hit me up and we’ll play a round!

Instagram: @gram_golf

@dgoober I'm in Royal Oak, so if you need a playing partner, let me know. I typically play during the week down here, and on weekends am in Northern Michigan to visit the in-laws, but we can make something work I'm sure.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch