TESTERS WANTED! ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

On 6/2/2020 at 2:28 PM, edingc said:

Welcome! Several of us from around the Grand Rapids area on here. 

Thanks for the welcome. Happy to finally be a part of the community. Would love to get very involved and hopefully meet some good contacts and be a tester at some point!

Kevin Kikkert

My Bag:

• Driver: :callaway-small:  XR 9° (Project X 6.0, S shaft)
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small: Burner 15° (Reax superfast 50 gram, Flex R shaft)
  • 5 wood: :callaway-small:   Big Bertha Titanium 18° (RCH 75W, Firm shaft)
  • Irons (3,5-P):  :titelist-small:  755's
  • Wedges: :vokey-small: SM6 in 50°, 54°, and 58°
  • Putter: :taylormade-small: Est 79 (TM-180) 34"

2021 Masters tickets sign up e-mails are out! Do not forget.

Feels very strange to be signing up for next year before this year's event happens!

Kevin Kikkert

My Bag:

• Driver: :callaway-small:  XR 9° (Project X 6.0, S shaft)
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small: Burner 15° (Reax superfast 50 gram, Flex R shaft)
  • 5 wood: :callaway-small:   Big Bertha Titanium 18° (RCH 75W, Firm shaft)
  • Irons (3,5-P):  :titelist-small:  755's
  • Wedges: :vokey-small: SM6 in 50°, 54°, and 58°
  • Putter: :taylormade-small: Est 79 (TM-180) 34"

15 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Welcome from another Buckeye. There are a bunch of us here from northern Ohio. I use to live on the eastside but moved to Catawba Island 12 years ago. There is a northeast Ohio thread going here and@mattf is organizing an outing at the end of the month. I can't do a search using tapatalk, so you might try the desktop version to search for the northeast Ohio thread. The OP for that thread lives on the west side , perhaps Lakewood?

Be sure to post your location on the member map.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thank you, its great to be here.  I'll look for the thread, and I think I should be able to make it down for the outing later this month too!

Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9* Stock. 3-Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero, 15*. Hybrid: Sub70 949x Pro 19*. Irons: Taylormade rac LT 3-PW. Wedges: Vokey F-Grind 52*, 58*. Putter: Rife 2-Bar Blade Putter.  Pro V1

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf when I was 3 years old and been playing this wonderful game since then. My handicap is around 9 or 10 depending on the course and usually score about mid 80s for 18 holes. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love everything about the game and how it can never be mastered. I enjoy being outside, being competitive with my buddies and myself. I love hitting pure shots into the green or hitting a long putt that goes into the hole. Erik Anser Lang is a great Youtuber for the game of golf and I agree with a lot of his statements about the game of golf. It's always teaching you to be better person. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know any other Spies but I want to get involved in the MyGolfSpy community and share my passion with other people and share my love for the game whether that is doing product reviews, traveling and playing new golf courses or doing golfing videos. I love MyGolfSpy as a community where I can learn from other Spies and stay up on golfing equipment, trends and the golfing community while making new friends. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from River Falls, WI originally but currently living in Chippewa Falls, WI. My home course at the moment is between Lake Hallie Golf Club and Lake Wissota Golf Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golfing in WI during the fall is pretty amazing with the fall colors and I hate that I can't play golf 12 months out of the year due to mother nature bringing snow. 

6. What do you do for a living? I work for a marketing consulting company called Stokes Herzog, as a Videographer/Editor making any types of videos for our clients.

7. How’d you pick your user name? My name is Jack and my last name is really long with the last three initials being SKI and my love for the game of golf. 

JSki_Golf

On 6/12/2020 at 12:34 PM, JSki_Golf said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf when I was 3 years old and been playing this wonderful game since then. My handicap is around 9 or 10 depending on the course and usually score about mid 80s for 18 holes. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love everything about the game and how it can never be mastered. I enjoy being outside, being competitive with my buddies and myself. I love hitting pure shots into the green or hitting a long putt that goes into the hole. Erik Anser Lang is a great Youtuber for the game of golf and I agree with a lot of his statements about the game of golf. It's always teaching you to be better person. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know any other Spies but I want to get involved in the MyGolfSpy community and share my passion with other people and share my love for the game whether that is doing product reviews, traveling and playing new golf courses or doing golfing videos. I love MyGolfSpy as a community where I can learn from other Spies and stay up on golfing equipment, trends and the golfing community while making new friends. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from River Falls, WI originally but currently living in Chippewa Falls, WI. My home course at the moment is between Lake Hallie Golf Club and Lake Wissota Golf Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golfing in WI during the fall is pretty amazing with the fall colors and I hate that I can't play golf 12 months out of the year due to mother nature bringing snow. 

6. What do you do for a living? I work for a marketing consulting company called Stokes Herzog, as a Videographer/Editor making any types of videos for our clients.

7. How’d you pick your user name? My name is Jack and my last name is really long with the last three initials being SKI and my love for the game of golf. 

Welcome to the forum Jack.  I hear you on the weather (same deal in Ohio, though not as extreme).  Youtube is definitely a great source of golf content alternative to Golf Channel.  I think golf lends itself better to an array of video content more than any other sports.  Course videos/flyovers, MyGolfSpy itself, or any other media outlet are all great to dip into during poor weather. 

Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9* Stock. 3-Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero, 15*. Hybrid: Sub70 949x Pro 19*. Irons: Taylormade rac LT 3-PW. Wedges: Vokey F-Grind 52*, 58*. Putter: Rife 2-Bar Blade Putter.  Pro V1

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I started playing golf about 13 years ago, just after I got out of college.  Fell in love instantly and have forever been hooked.  Current USGA handicap is 6.4 but I seem to shoot 82 a lot.  Move to the back tees? 82...move up...82?  Play Whistling Straights 82, play Joes 18 hole putt putt course, 82. I do break into the 70s a few times a year and +1 is my best round ever.

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge against yourself.  Physical and mental game.  Not to mention that golf courses are basically a beautiful park - who wouldnt want to spend 4-5 hours out there?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Follow a lot of the articles and occasional podcast.  Always come to MGS for product reviews before I buy anyhting.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Kalamazoo, MI - Milham GC and Angels Crossing GC

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - there is a lot of golf, and a lot of really nice golf in Michigan.  It's mostly reasonably priced and you don't have to drive too far.  Of course the worst things is that we have almost half the year that is not golfable.

6. What do you do for a living? Software Development, Engineering Management

7. How’d you pick your user name? Standard Alias for me.

I'm really looking forward to getting involved in the forums, discussions, and hopefully some product tests down the line.

What's in my :1590477705_SunMountain: C130

Driver :callaway-small: Mavrik 10.5 NS | Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60 S
3-wood  :755178188_TourEdge:  EXS 15* | Tensei Blue 60g S
3Hyb :mizuno-small: CLK 19* 3H 
4Hi :mizuno-small: JPX800HD
5-PW PXG 0311 Gen1 | Dynamic Gold 120s
Wedge :mizuno-small: JPX919 50* 55* 60* | Pro Modus 105
Putter :macgregor-small: Bobby Grace M2

:titelist-small: Pro V1 - Golf Pride MCC+4

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 

I first swung a club around 8 years old, but didn’t get serious about the game until high school. My lowest handicap was about 8.5 right after high school, but after a break from the game I’m now at 13.3. My goal is to get back to 10.0 by the end of the season. 

2. What do you love about golf? 

I love the personal challenges. I’m competing with myself on the course, always trying to play better than my last round. I also love that this is a game I can play until the day I die. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? 

A new golf friend mentioned the site as a good source for swing tips, product reviews, and interesting reads. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? 

Originally from a small city in southeastern Michigan, Monroe. Lately, most of my play has been at Links of Novi, though I would hesitate to call it my home course. I hope to become a member at a course a bit closer to home next year. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Golf in Michigan is wonderful. There is such a variety in course styles, quality, and rates. I can find a course within an hour drive to fit whatever mood I’m in. The worst part, is that there are 4-5 months a year where we’re restricted to indoor nets and simulators. 

6. What do you do for a living? 

I currently work in sales at an automotive supplier in the metro Detroit area. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? 

I picked it in high school and use it whenever I can. 

917 D3 8.5*, 917 F2 13.5*, G410 19*, CG Golds, SM7 (50*, 54*, 58*), WH XG #4

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing on and off since my teens, so 15+ years. I generally score in the low-mid 80s and break into the 70s here and there. HDC is currently 9.6.

2. What do you love about golf? The constant challenge and skill it takes to improve. Love the outdoors as well.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Looking at some new irons in the near future, so MGS is helping with my research. Don't know any spies. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From SE MI, but live in Chicagoland. No real home course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I'm in a great region for good golf courses. Always seems to be windy in the midwest, and the public courses get way too packed here. I'm talking 5+ hour round packed. 

6. What do you do for a living? Sales rep in the automotive aftermarket.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Nothing creative. It's my email. hah

Edited by jroot327

image.png.258d22fcc4d0d25f5fdb8eea25fcd23f.png B21 9.5* w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

:ping-small: G410 SFT 16* 3-wood w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

image.png.de7870be9e5ebe2ff26fab3151edb989.png Stealth DHY 2i w/ Aldila Ascent Black Stiff

:srixon-small: z585 4-AW w/ Modus3 120x

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56.12 & 60.10 w/ Modus3 125w

image.png.a2a25073d1a41c5de1690a6254814da3.png Super Select Newport Plus -or- :odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1WS w/ Stroke Lab 

image.png.d2e91492049dce3981a9fad088921b12.png ProV1

On 6/19/2020 at 10:53 AM, TheBigBobRob said:
  • Where are you from? What is your home course?  Kalamazoo, MI - Milham GC and Angels Crossing GC

•  

Been meaning to get down and play Angel's Crossing one of these days.

Welcome!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing about 5 years

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge and that you’re really playing against yourself

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I like the reviews and the methodology used for the reviews  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Chicago suburbs  and I have played Pinecrest in Huntley more than anywhere else  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The course condition is not always that great depending on where and time of year  

6. What do you do for a living? PMO Manager

7. How’d you pick your user name? Always on the hunt for birdies 

Average middle-aged golfer

85-90s

Titleist AP1s

TaylorMade M2 driver, 3W, 4+5HB

SC Select Newport 2 putter

Garmin S2

1.  Started golfing junior year of college 2005. I’m usually around 90. Flirt with breaking 80 but can’t get there. 
2.  Enjoy fall golf. Great to go out with friends. Great mental health day as a solo. 
3.  Like the reviews of the products. Good breakdown of products. 
4.  Cleveland, OH. Sweetbriar Legacy course is fun course and about a 5 min drive. 
5.  Best.  Really enjoy fall golf. Worst. Weather limits window of golf. 

7.  Nickname in college. 

Edited by Lightsoutflyer

Tayormade R11s driver, rocketballz woods, burner 2.0 irons, ping anser putter

I have been retired for 3 years. Have been a lifelong runner, enjoy travel trailer camping with my wife, woodworking and gardening.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    Have been playing consistently since 2007, but on and off since college. My handicap in my senior golf league is currently 19.

The infinite challenge, the discipline and the practice.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?
    I am attracted to data and information grounded in integrity.

I have been living in the Indianapolis area for 13 years, in Carmel, IN for the past 4 years. I play Brookshire and senior league at Sahm the most.

Best: the quality and cost of the courses in the area
    Worst: the weather (I lived in San Diego for 30+ years 🙂)

I am a retired exercise physiologist. I managed exercise professional certification programs for the last 25 years of my work life.

I am a proponent of physical activity.

Edited by Movaltl

Driver:  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash, Subzero 9.5°, UST Mamiya Gold 55
5 FW:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 18°, UST Mamiya Gold 55
7 FW:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 18°, UST Mamiya Gold 55
Hybrids 5,6: :ping-small: G400, Mitsubishi C6 Black
Irons 6-PW: Maltby STi2, Aldila NV 55
GW: Maltby LE Forged 52°
SW: Maltby LE Forged 56°
Chipper: :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 42°
Putter: Custom DeChambeau style w/Taylormade Spider style head

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started playing ~15 years ago just before high school, but have been getting back into since my Wife has shown interest. I believe my typical score is around the mid eighties

2. What do you love about golf? I will defer to Arnold Palmer "[Golf]is deceptively simple, endlessly complicated. A child can play it well, and a grown man can never master it. Any single round of it is full of unexpected triumphs and perfect shots that end in disaster. It is almost a science, yet it is a puzzle without an answer. It is gratifying and tantalizing, precise and unpredictable. It requires complete concentration and total relaxation. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time, rewarding and maddening. And it is without doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Since Quarantine started I stumbled onto MyGolfSpys youtube channel and that led me to the website. No other spies known

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Southgate, MI (Detroit Metro) and home course TBD

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? My region has a lot of variety in terms of golf courses, unfortunately the home course of my high school was not a great one as it was very flat and uninteresting.

6. What do you do for a living? I am a CAD Designer for a Tier 2 Automotive Supplier

7. How’d you pick your user name? My Wife has shown interest in learning the game, so I kind of became her swing coach by default haha

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started during the Tiger Boom so since about 1999.  Current handicap - 13.2

2. What do you love about golf?  You can always push yourself to improve.  You can play it for the rest of your life.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I was a part of a different online forum but I find the people here are the best around.  I've never seen such courtesy and everyone is really proud of this community.  You don't get all the negativity here which is really hard to control online.... great job and I'm glad to be here!  I don't know any Spies on a personal level. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from West Michigan and I consider my home course The Meadows at GVSU.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? There are so many affordable golf courses and the quality/value is great.  The weather is very unpredictable though and the short season sucks.  

6. What do you do for a living? Deputy

7. How’d you pick your user name? "Smooth" has generally been the only swing thought I have and my first name starts with G.

•  

:wilson_staff_small: :taylormade-small: :callaway-small:                    

PXG 0211 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik 21* 7W
Taylormade RSi1 5 Iron
Taylormade RSi2 6-PW
Taylormade PSI 50*
Callaway Jaws 54* C Grind
Wilson Staff Infinite Southside
Maxfli Tour

Hey all,

Been playing about 25 years, handi holding steady around 9-10

Outside and the dedication 

Been a member for a while but haven't posted much.

Ann Arbor, MI home is the Coyote Golf Club

Best golf in the country is in Michigan, worst thing is winter...

Engineer 

Old nickname..

TaylorMade P790 BLACK (Dynamic Gold 105 S300)

TaylorMade HiToe wedges (52,56,60)

Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (Paderson Driver KGTP75-D30)

Callaway Rogue Hybrid (ALDILA SYNERGY 60)

TaylorMade M6 3 wood

Scotty Select Fastback

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 
    - “Played” for a few years but then stopped for about 5. Just picked it up again this summer and only have 2 rounds under my belt this year.  I normally shoot 108-115. 

- I love being able to get out there and being with myself.  This game is hard and it only makes me want to get better  .

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - I don’t know anyone else and I just stumbled upon this forum.             

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? - I’m from Northern burbs of Chicago.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - best is the seasons! Worst is winter. 

6. What do you do for a living? - I’m a recruiter for HR and Office positions 

A Midwest Thread description without Iowa?  Is there anything more Midwest than Iowa!?!?!  🤣

All jokes aside, new to the site and huge fan of MGS.   

Around a 12 handicap and making it look tough.  I work really hard to be this mediocre.

Love golf and enjoy playing about once a week on average thru the months when possible. 

Still play old tried and true sticks.  Cleveland TA6 irons, Launcher 3 wood.  Just went thru True Golf Fit and was fitted for PXG 0811X driver.  With their amazing sale I pulled the trigger and am upgrading from a near decade old Cleveland 588 Custom.   

Thanks for having me on here. 

ER Registered nurse that uses golf to escape work and life. Name came from the movie “Blazing Saddles”  a long time ago so I have kept it around. I play off of a 9-10 handicap and am the worst putter alive. Live in an extremely golf poor area of Charleston WV. 

WITB: Ping G410 with Tensei Orange, Mizuno CLK 2H Ping G400 3 and 4 hybrid, New Level 1126 5-7 and 902 8-PW. 50 degree Mtype wedge Ping Glide stealth 56-60

ER Registered nurse that uses golf to escape work and life. Name came from the movie “Blazing Saddles”  a long time ago so I have kept it around. I play off of a 9-10 handicap and am the worst putter alive. Live in an extremely golf poor area of Charleston WV. 

I’m golfing with Hedy Lamarr!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

1. I have been playing golf for about 3 years coming off growing up playing just about every other sport. I am currently carrying a 12 handicap, but steadily improving!

2. I love the rewarding nature of the game after a good shot and the opportunity to be outside. I also appreciate how just slight tweaks can dramatically alter your game.

3. I have been reading My Golf Spy reviews and articles ever since I began playing. I find it to be some of most helpful golf content on the internet. 

4. I am from Michigan and my home course is either Devils Ridge or Katke Cousins.

5. I truly believe Michigan golf is some of the best in the country. It isnt hard at all to find multiple, secluded courses in one city. The climate helps to allow grass to be green and plush as it doesn't get too hot. The biggest negative is definitely only being able to play 5ish months out of the year due to snow.

6. I am a cancer research scientist almost done with my PhD.

7. Just a shortened version of my name and a number.

11 hours ago, josmi15 said:

I’m golfing with Hedy Lamarr!

Harrrumphhh

WITB: Ping G410 with Tensei Orange, Mizuno CLK 2H Ping G400 3 and 4 hybrid, New Level 1126 5-7 and 902 8-PW. 50 degree Mtype wedge Ping Glide stealth 56-60

On 7/14/2020 at 8:36 PM, SmoothG said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started during the Tiger Boom so since about 1999.  Current handicap - 13.2

2. What do you love about golf?  You can always push yourself to improve.  You can play it for the rest of your life.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I was a part of a different online forum but I find the people here are the best around.  I've never seen such courtesy and everyone is really proud of this community.  You don't get all the negativity here which is really hard to control online.... great job and I'm glad to be here!  I don't know any Spies on a personal level. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from West Michigan and I consider my home course The Meadows at GVSU.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? There are so many affordable golf courses and the quality/value is great.  The weather is very unpredictable though and the short season sucks.  

6. What do you do for a living? Deputy

7. How’d you pick your user name? "Smooth" has generally been the only swing thought I have and my first name starts with G.

•  

Knew you were from Michigan, but didn't realize you were a westsider. Nice to see another one.

Meadows is a wonderful home course to have. Always in great shape and the wind can make for some very interesting rounds. 

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Hey everyone, great to be here.  Some info about me listed below.  Feel free to reach out if anyone is ever in the Chicago area or north suburbs.  

-Adam

1. Been playing about 3.5 years.  Normal score is in the mid to low 80s.  Not entirely sure what that handicap is but I think it's around 14ish?

1. You can be as competitive or carefree as you want on the course.  It's a very mental game and you can make it as challenging as you want all by yourself.  

1. I read the golf ball review and how important that part of the game was, and got hooked with the content.  Since then I've always looked to MGS for independent reviews and honest feedback about golf gear and accessories.  

1. I'm from the north suburbs of Chicago, and I guess my home course is Sunset Valley Golf Course in Highland Park.  

1. Best thing about golfing in Chicago is that there are so many options just a few minutes drive away.  I think the worst thing is that Chicago summers can be pretty unpredictable at times, and we can get a stretch of rain or severe wind that will pause golfing randomly throughout the summer.  

1. I'm a hotel operations director for Hilton.  

1. Same username I've had since high school.  Just trying to keep it simple and consistent.  

golfing in Park City.jpg

-Adam

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing golf since I was about 12 and started to be serious in college. My scores are really dictated on my driver but usually 85-100

2. What do you love about golf? I love being outside and the mental aspect of the game. It is a very humbling game and it is you vs the course (1v1).

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Love the content that MyGolfSpy puts out and love data driven decisions 🙂

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I currently live in northeast Ohio. I don't really have a home course but the two I play the most are probably Skyland Pines and The Sanctuary

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I moved to Ohio from NC after graduating form college and miss year round golf in NC. I love the summers can be a little less hot than NC.

6. What do you do for a living? I work in Supply Chain Finance

7. How’d you pick your user name? 3 putts 4 life 😕

WITB

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Speed 9* w/ MMT 60X

Wood: :titelist-small: 910 13.5* w/GD-DI 70 (Currently looking 👀)

Hybrid:  :titelist-small: TS3 21*

Irons: :callaway-small: Rogue Pro 4-A w/ X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Black MG2 54, 58

Putter: :taylormade-small: Itsy Bitsy Spider, red

1. I have been playing steady for about 20 yrs (more then 4-5 times/yr)

2. Hdcp is 9-11 depending on week :), Have shot a 73 (par 72) and several mid 70's (I know I have the game just can't be consistent)

1. There is no ONE true answer, you have to constantly muss with it.

2. It's you VS the course, no team, no one else to blame, just you

1. Saw a post about testing gear, I used to do reviews for High end PC components and love golf to so why not...  I read some of the forum posts and thought, my kind of place 🙂

2. I don't :(.

1. St. Joseph, MI, about 30 minutes north of the center of all evil, some people call it Notre Dame...

2. Sadly, it was Berrien Hills GC in Benton Harbor, MI (now closed), no home course this yr.

1. The spring and fall golf is the best in the country (imho)

2. The season is way to damn short...

1. Network Engineer

1. Nickname from most of my golf buddies

pxg.png.e7e044fd4bf4420da9b5f34ce0988283.png Driver - PXG Proto Driver 10.5Deg ProjectX Hazardous Smoke 6.0

Sub70.jpg.77cfa59c1fd76fb93cf26d888e345a11.jpg  3 Wood - Mixuno ST-190 (Miyazaki Kaula Stiff)  

Sub70.jpg.77cfa59c1fd76fb93cf26d888e345a11.jpg  4 Hybrid - Sub 70 939X ProjectX Hazardous Smoke 6.0 

Mizuno.png.d759d0a0cbba25ebc7dc911fcb0d12f4.png  6-PW - Mizuno JPX-919 HM / Nipon NS Pro Reg  

pxg.png.e7e044fd4bf4420da9b5f34ce0988283.png  52/56/60- PXG 0311 Forged / Nipon NS Pro Stiff  

a1-1.jpg.bd9bde6362b8d3ac54e8a4a9ff9a0a49.jpg  Heavy Putter Tour A1 

1. How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing golf for about 20 years now, got started in college.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?  I don't carry an official handicap but the Grint says I'm between 11-13 and usually shoot in the mid 80's.  Still trying to break that elusive 80.

3. What do you love about golf?  I enjoy the challenge of trying to break 80, the social aspect and also the quiet morning rounds.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I've been following the podcasts and decided to check out the forums.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in a small town about 65 miles west of Chicago where cornfields meet suburbs..

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best things are cost, many courses don't charge a ton, but with that I don't usually get to play very nice courses without some travel.

7. What do you do for a living?  I'm a CAD drafter for a Civil Engineering Firm but a jack of all trades, do surveying, building of office computers, etc

8. How’d you pick your user name?  I've had it for ever.  Trmpt because I play the trumpet and 98 for graduation.

Driver: :cobra:F9 Project X HZRDUS Black
Woods: :bridgestone: JGR 3w UST Mamiya V2
Hybrids: :bridgestone: JGR 3h/4h Graphite Design AD DI
Irons: :bridgestone: HF2 5-AW Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
Wedges:  :callaway: MD4 54/58 C grind
Putter: :scotty: Squareback Select
Ball: :bridgestone: Tour B-RX
Grips: : :GolfPride: MCC +4 Align
:bagboy:Chiller Hybrid on a :clicgear: 3.0

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing golf since I was about 12 and started to be serious in college. My scores are really dictated on my driver but usually 85-100

2. What do you love about golf? I love being outside and the mental aspect of the game. It is a very humbling game and it is you vs the course (1v1).

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Love the content that MyGolfSpy puts out and love data driven decisions

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I currently live in northeast Ohio. I don't really have a home course but the two I play the most are probably Skyland Pines and The Sanctuary

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I moved to Ohio from NC after graduating form college and miss year round golf in NC. I love the summers can be a little less hot than NC.

6. What do you do for a living? I work in Supply Chain Finance

7. How’d you pick your user name? 3 putts 4 life

Welcome, there are a bunch of guys here from northeast Ohio.. Keep an eye out for our gatherings. Next one coming up is September 12th. At Catawba Island Club.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing golf since I was 13 or 14, 39 now.

2. What do you love about golf? Being outdoors, the camaraderie, also being solitary when desired.  The chance to just go do your own things and work on something and see results

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love the reviews and unbiased testing.  I do not believe I know any other spies

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am originally from Victoria BC, Canada.  Live in Fort Wayne IN, and my home course is Pine Valley Country Club in Fort Wayne.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  We have a super short gold season.  Back home in BC, we can pretty much play year round.  Lots of affordable public courses in the area is a positive aspect I like about golf in the midwest.

6. What do you do for a living? I am a retired professional hockey player and now working as a mortgage banker

7. How’d you pick your user name?  my long time nickname and the year I graduated Dartmouth, my Alma Mater 

Welcome!! Also from Fort Wayne on the south side of town; usually play colonial oaks or foster park if I don’t want to travel far.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

1. How long have you been playing golf? I took up golf for the first time at 31 years old. Now I'm 66 so it's been 35 years. What’s your handicap or normal score? My handicap is 12

2. What do you love about golf? I love the chance to hang out with my friends and play, just like little boys do. I love the challenge of the game: Can I manage my mind during the round and keep from making too many mental mistakes? Can I improve my skills? Can I prepare myself for the unexpected?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I enjoy the reviews and the user community. Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know anyone else, but many people have been welcoming and friendly.

4. Where are you from? Columbus Ohio What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Columbus has a lot of very good golf courses and with even the very elite courses there is usually a way to get on. There are many gems including several Donald Ross, Robert Trent Jones and Pete Dye courses. Of course Jack Nicklaus is from Columbus so there are several Nicklaus courses.

6. What do you do for a living? I just retired after working in cybersecurity.

7. How’d you pick your user name? From The Godfather.

Edited by TaketheCannoli

It looks like a good day to play golf!

On 7/12/2020 at 6:31 PM, Movaltl said:

I have been retired for 3 years. Have been a lifelong runner, enjoy travel trailer camping with my wife, woodworking and gardening.

Have been playing consistently since 2007, but on and off since college. My handicap in my senior golf league is currently 19.

The infinite challenge, the discipline and the practice.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?
    I am attracted to data and information grounded in integrity.

I have been living in the Indianapolis area for 13 years, in Carmel, IN for the past 4 years. I play Brookshire and senior league at Sahm the most.

Best: the quality and cost of the courses in the area
    Worst: the weather (I lived in San Diego for 30+ years 🙂)

I am a retired exercise physiologist. I managed exercise professional certification programs for the last 25 years of my work life.

I am a proponent of physical activity.

Fishers guy here.   Welcome.  I work in Carmel and tend to play many of the courses there and just many in the area as you mentioned.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"