TESTERS WANTED! ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? I took up golf for the first time at 31 years old. Now I'm 66 so it's been 35 years. What’s your handicap or normal score? My handicap is 12

2. What do you love about golf? I love the chance to hang out with my friends and play, just like little boys do. I love the challenge of the game: Can I manage my mind during the round and keep from making too many mental mistakes? Can I improve my skills? Can I prepare myself for the unexpected?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I enjoy the reviews and the user community. Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know anyone else, but many people have been welcoming and friendly.

4. Where are you from? Columbus Ohio What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Columbus has a lot of very good golf courses and with even the very elite courses there is usually a way to get on. There are many gems including several Donald Ross, Robert Trent Jones and Pete Dye courses. Of course Jack Nicklaus is from Columbus so there are several Nicklaus courses.

6. What do you do for a living? I just retired after working in cybersecurity.

7. How’d you pick your user name? From The Godfather.

Our Northern Ohio get together is only a couple of hours away from Columbus. You should consider coming. Sept 12th at Catawba Island Club.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

16 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Our Northern Ohio get together is only a couple of hours away from Columbus. You should consider coming. Sept 12th at Catawba Island Club.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thanks Tony! If you don't mind taking on another short hitting old guy, I'll plan on it.

It looks like a good day to play golf!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been "trying" to play golf for 25-30 years. It began going to the course and riding in the cart with my grandfather. Back then, they most owned their own carts, stored them at the course etc... I began to actually play a bit as a teen for fun, but never got too much into it. I've since been a guy that plays in several outings / scrambles every year and I have finally decided to commit to getting better and playing the game. I don't have a handicap and haven't shot a round for a few years. I would be lucky to break 50 though. Without sounding too conceited, I am naturally athletic and excelled at baseball, so I am constantly fighting with my grip and going back and forth between a baseball and interlock. 

What do you love about golf?

I honestly struggled a bit with the question. As frustrated as I get, I believe I love the challenge the most. Also, the reward or feeling of hitting a great shot....there is nothing like it. This is a TOUGH game / sport and success doesn't come easily. The other aspect I like is just the camaraderie of friends or family when playing. Whether it be a scramble or just a few buddies enjoying a cigar and maybe a frosty beverage having a good time. The last is that my girlfriend is getting into golf so it will also be time we can spend together. I am really looking forward to this as well!

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I do not know of anyone personally on here. However, I bet that I do. I came here because I am that geek that loves to research research and research. My girlfriend laughs at me about it, but at the same time gets frustrated. I can't ever make a decision to buy something without first researching it. I feel I could potentially be an asset here and would love the opportunity to test things.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from East Central / North East Ohio. I work in one are and live in another 😂. I don't have a home course (yet), but there will be many to choose from near me....Zoar Village, Wilkshire and Oak Shadows to name a few.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Again, a hard one to answer as someone who hasn't played too much. Being in our area, obviously the worst thing is the weather and the amount of time per year we can play.

What do you do for a living?

I am a fire fighter (Captain) and a union officer for my local and state association. 

How’d you pick your user name?

It's my name along with my IAFF local number, which means a lot to me. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 10.5* - Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Fairway Wood: :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* - Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS2 19.0* - Tensei AV Blue 70HY S

Irons 5-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal - Pro Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges::mizuno-small: T-20 54 | 58 |  M-Grind - Nippon Modus 105 

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B MidBlade Black - Gravity Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: 

1 hour ago, CWilson216 said:

Zoar Village, Wilkshire and Oak Shadows to name a few.

You're near Canton then. sort of? Check out this thread: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38761-ohio-spies-outing-this-month-june-update/ if you're interested, there's a bunch of us heading up to Catawba Island to do some carnage to @tony@CIC's course next month.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

38 minutes ago, MattF said:

You're near Canton then. sort of? Check out this thread: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38761-ohio-spies-outing-this-month-june-update/ if you're interested, there's a bunch of us heading up to Catawba Island to do some carnage to @tony@CIC's course next month.

Yes sir, Just south of Canton by 20-30 min. Not sure a hack would be welcomed on that trip lol. I'll send you a PM though with some other questions maybe! Thank You! 

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 10.5* - Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Fairway Wood: :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* - Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS2 19.0* - Tensei AV Blue 70HY S

Irons 5-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal - Pro Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges::mizuno-small: T-20 54 | 58 |  M-Grind - Nippon Modus 105 

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B MidBlade Black - Gravity Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: 

38 minutes ago, MattF said:

Huh ho I guess I'd better let the club know they need to have 2 sand bottles in every cart for the 12th for all of those divots you guys will be taking. . 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, CWilson216 said:

I have been "trying" to play golf for 25-30 years. It began going to the course and riding in the cart with my grandfather. Back then, they most owned their own carts, stored them at the course etc... I began to actually play a bit as a teen for fun, but never got too much into it. I've since been a guy that plays in several outings / scrambles every year and I have finally decided to commit to getting better and playing the game. I don't have a handicap and haven't shot a round for a few years. I would be lucky to break 50 though. Without sounding too conceited, I am naturally athletic and excelled at baseball, so I am constantly fighting with my grip and going back and forth between a baseball and interlock. 

I honestly struggled a bit with the question. As frustrated as I get, I believe I love the challenge the most. Also, the reward or feeling of hitting a great shot....there is nothing like it. This is a TOUGH game / sport and success doesn't come easily. The other aspect I like is just the camaraderie of friends or family when playing. Whether it be a scramble or just a few buddies enjoying a cigar and maybe a frosty beverage having a good time. The last is that my girlfriend is getting into golf so it will also be time we can spend together. I am really looking forward to this as well!

I do not know of anyone personally on here. However, I bet that I do. I came here because I am that geek that loves to research research and research. My girlfriend laughs at me about it, but at the same time gets frustrated. I can't ever make a decision to buy something without first researching it. I feel I could potentially be an asset here and would love the opportunity to test things.

I am from East Central / North East Ohio. I work in one are and live in another 😂. I don't have a home course (yet), but there will be many to choose from near me....Zoar Village, Wilkshire and Oak Shadows to name a few.

Again, a hard one to answer as someone who hasn't played too much. Being in our area, obviously the worst thing is the weather and the amount of time per year we can play.

I am a fire fighter (Captain) and a union officer for my local and state association. 

It's my name along with my IAFF local number, which means a lot to me. 

Welcome - you're in good company here. We all probably spend way more time researching golf topics than other golfers. If you're interested in meeting up with other spies, we have room for a couple more at our outing September 12th. Here's the updated thread on the event. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1. How long have you been playing golf?  What’s your handicap or normal score?  On and off for more than 30 years, had a couple work related injuries that took me away from the game on multiple occasions.  Haven’t had an official handicap for several years, was once as low as 11 but I’m sure nowhere near that right now. Currently back down into the low-mid 90’s with an occasional 88 or 89.

2. What do you love about golf?  The camaraderie among players, the peacefulness of the course, the individual nature of the game and its... eh... “challenges”!!!  Mostly it is my connection with my father who loved and introduced me to the game when I was young.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  Do you already know any other Spies?  Always been a research to the extreme guy, so love all the insights and opinions. Like that MyGolfSpy makes it possible to speak intelligently with others about many aspects of the game.  Guessing I could know one or two judging by how many are also from this area, but otherwise no.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Greater Chicago area. Currently split time between Illinois & Florida. Illinois home course probably Whisper Creek if any. Florida is Palmer Legends.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  LOTS of playing options, many very nice courses. Never to difficult to get a tee time. Not much to complain about except weather or playing season like other have said.  

6. What do you do for a living? Law Enforcement Executive 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just a mix I’ve used for years

Edited by Joemiper

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I started golfing about 19 years ago when my twins were born,   I was travelling playing softball up to 7 days a week at the time and my wife put the kabosh on that so I needed an excuse to get out with the guys.   My current handicap is around 18.  I know i can do better but always have that one  blow-up hole!!

2. What do you love about golf?
    I'm competitive and love the challenge of me against the course.   I love being outdoors and it lets me get exercise while doing something I love to do.   It also gives me an outlet for work related stress, as odd as that sounds because some say golf causes the stress. 🙂  but it works for me.     Love spending time with friends and meeting new people as well.   

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I saw some golf club reviews online once and have been following for about 2 years now.   Love the fact that they are not sponsored by the big brands and are unbiased in their testing.   No Fake News here!!!!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I live in NE Wisconsin.   I like golfing all over but tend to spend most of my time at River's Island golf course in Oconto Falls because its close to home and there are many good people there.   

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

There are surprisingly many options close by and they are reasonably priced.  I think the biggest downfall is a relatively short season and due to the brutal climate, the courses can take a beating. 

6. What do you do for a living?

Engineering manager for a packaging company

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Had the user name for years...   savored the goodness of many a Busch Lattes over the years... 

PXG Gen4 driver

Cleveland launcher 5W

PXG irons

Titelist Vokey wedges

Ping putter

I dabbled in golf in mid teens and 20's, playing with older brothers.  Then in 2008 started playing with a guy who started at my place of work, and been playing as much as possible since.  Including rounds in mid winter here in northeast ohio, as long as there is no snow on the ground.  Normal score is 80-84.

I enjoy the challenge of different courses. Played alot of tennis, and got bored with court was always the same size, and that eventually how I attempted to construct every point varied very little.  Enjoy the variety.

I read an article that I think was posted here about slow play from last year.  Saw the MyGolfSpy, and checked it out.  Don't know anyone.

Born and raised in the snowbelt, of northeast Ohio. Don't really have a home course, but my group lay a lot at Madison CC, Powderhorn, and Hemlock Springs locally here.

From previous answer.  SNOW.  Many years don't see the grass from December through late march, and if you do its often single digit temperatures.

I am a retired policeman.

•  

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

I've been playing off and on since I was 15 years old. If my math is correct, that means that I have been playing for the most part of 51 years. 

In all of that time, I have broken 72 a few times, but those times were a long time ago in my younger days.  I am unsure of my handicap, took the last 6 years off,  and generally will shoot somewhere between 80 - 90 since returning to the game a few months ago, dependent upon the course I am playing (length) and conditions.

I have taken more time since joining MGS to work on my golf game and that has helped my consistency lately upon my return to the game.

First, I love that golf is a social event.  Some of my most cherished memories are teeing it up with my dad and two brothers.  Unfortunately, my Dad and younger brother have both passed on, and my other brother doesn't play as he became more involved in sports car auto racing. I am very fortunate that my girlfriend plays as well as most of my friends.

Second, I love that golf asks you to do something different each time you play.  No shot is ever the same, even if it is the same yardage at the same course on the same hole as the day before. I enjoy the challenge that each round and each shot present to me as well as the joy of potentially solving the challenge.

Third, I love that golf is for everyone.  No matter your age, gender, or ability, golf can be enjoyed by everyone.  While golf can present itself as exclusive, I have found that the sport of golf is inclusive more often than not.

I joined MyGolfSpy because I wanted to improve as a golfer, and my knowledge of equipment and technology has not kept up with the recent changes in the technologies involved.

It has been great to read the various opinions from multiple people, even the opinions I may not agree with, as all the postings I have read have been done with mutual respect of the participants. 

Unfortunately I do not know any Spies outside of the forums. I am hoping that with more time, I may be able to meet and engage with them in the real world too.

Currently I reside in Washington Township, MI. A northeast suburb in northern Macomb County, just south of Romeo, MI. 

I live in a subdivision near the Orchards Golf Club, and have played that course more than a few times since living in this area the past 10 years.

Always have resided in Michigan, in the Detroit area eastside suburbs. 

As a kid, my Dad did belong to a club, in Mt. Clemens, MI,, and that is where I really learned and honed my game. Gowanee Golf Club,

The best thing about golf in my region is the exorbitant amount of choices that I have in courses to play.  Michigan has an incredible amount of high quality golf courses to choose from.  Also, used to take an annual golf trip with my brother before he passed to Myrtle Beach for many years, so familiar with some of the courses in that area as well.

The worst thing about golf in my region is the fact that I cannot play year round due to weather.  Cold, ice, and snow are mainstays for 4-5 months out of the year.

Work for a Tier 1 automotive driveline supplier as a Warranty Analyst. Think engineer without the piece of paper. Was an automotive technician for 26 years prior to my current position, where I am rapidly approaching the 20 year mark with this company. Look at parts, and analyze them as needed, to root cause what caused the customer concern and the part to be replaced.

Easy answer, first the letters are my initials, and the digits are the size of the engine in my Corvette. I use this forum name on the majority of the forums I participate in.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

New from IL. If anyone is selling unique putters or Adam's eqp lmk!

Edited by Adam F

:cobra-small:   BIO Cell Pro 

:adams-small:  9031 Hybrid 20°

:adams-small:  XTD Super Hybrid 21°, 19°

:Sub70:   639 CB Forged Black Irons 5-PW

:Sub70:   Forged Black Wedge 56°, 60°

image.png.b7ac1261c7466331768c81401881d11d.png Sync Tour 35"

:wilson_staff_small:   8805 Milled

:srixon-small:   Q-Star Tour

Hello! Glad to join the forum!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing for over 18 years but really started taking the game seriously just recently. I have a 24 handicap at the moment but it is dropping quickly! Now that I broke 100 it seems to keep coming down. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love the beauty of the courses and some time to relax.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have read MyGolfSpy for a long time and feel like it is time to join the discussion. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Milwaukee, WI. I play lots of different courses in the area.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Wisconsin has become a golfers heaven with lots of travel worthy golf courses! Unfortunately we have a pretty short season. 

6. What do you do for a living? Business Executive

7. How’d you pick your user name? My name actually relates to another hobby of mine being steelhead fishing, but since this is a golf forum lets just say its because I have steel shafted irons. 

Callaway Razer X Black 9.5

Callaway Razer X Black 3W

TaylorMade RocketBallz Hybrid RBZ 19

Titleist 816 H1 23

Titleist 5-PW

Titleist Vokey S - Grind 54

Titleist Vokey K - Grind 60

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

• I have been playing golf for about 29 years.  I got started with my dad when I was about 5.  I got more heavily involved in golf around age 11.  My dad would drop me off at my local course and I would play all day with my friends.  Was nice when the course offered a youth membership for $100.

• My average score is around 76 at the par 70 course I play at.   

• I love the challenge of golf.  There's no mastering it.  There's always something to work on to strive and get better.  I also love tinkering and love hitting new clubs to feel the difference between my clubs and someone else's.  

• I enjoy the forums.  Helping others with some knowledge I may have and vice versa.  Like I answered in the previous message, there's always room for improvement.  There's a vast array of different golfers that have been through similar challenges I might be going through at the time.  Post a question and you can easily get multiple suggestions and tips for things to work on.  

• I don't know any other spies.   

• I'm from Muncie, Indiana (home of Ball State University)

• I play regularly at Delaware Country Club and The Player's Club.  Both are good courses that offer different ways to golf.  Both challenging in their own rite.  

• The weather sucks in Indiana.  Plan and simple.  Your golf season only runs from April-Oct, which is a long time, but not enough in my mind.  

• I work for a large insurance company as an analyst.  

• My first and last name with my football # from college.  

Driver:  :ping-small:   G410 LST, 10.5 *. Even Flow 70G  X-Stiff .5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

FW Wood:  Titleist  3, 15*, DIamana 70G Stiff ; 5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small:Sim Max 19* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 22* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Irons:  :taylormade-small: PSI 5-PW C-Taper 130 X-stiff  

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 52-56-60*                  

Putter:  :edel-golf-1:  34 Inch E-1 with Pixel insert.  

Golf Ball:     :taylormade-small: TP5

• I have been playing golf for about 29 years.  I got started with my dad when I was about 5.  I got more heavily involved in golf around age 11.  My dad would drop me off at my local course and I would play all day with my friends.  Was nice when the course offered a youth membership for $100.

• My average score is around 76 at the par 70 course I play at.   

• I love the challenge of golf.  There's no mastering it.  There's always something to work on to strive and get better.  I also love tinkering and love hitting new clubs to feel the difference between my clubs and someone else's.  

• I enjoy the forums.  Helping others with some knowledge I may have and vice versa.  Like I answered in the previous message, there's always room for improvement.  There's a vast array of different golfers that have been through similar challenges I might be going through at the time.  Post a question and you can easily get multiple suggestions and tips for things to work on.  

• I don't know any other spies.   

• I'm from Muncie, Indiana (home of Ball State University)

• I play regularly at Delaware Country Club and The Player's Club.  Both are good courses that offer different ways to golf.  Both challenging in their own rite.  

• The weather sucks in Indiana.  Plan and simple.  Your golf season only runs from April-Oct, which is a long time, but not enough in my mind.  

• I work for a large insurance company as an analyst.  

• My first and last name with my football # from college.  

Welcome from a fellow Hoosier up in Fort Wayne-area!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

2 years, picked it up back up after 20 years off.   Normal score is 84-92 could go to 100 on a rough day

The challenge and playing with friends

the great articles and reviews brought me here, i don't know anyone else currently on here.

I am from Cleveland, Ohio Suburb.   No home course but play Sleep Hollow a fair amount.

Weather is the worst, best is we have a ton of golf courses at reasonable prices.

I am a Systems Engineer, building out and supporting infrastructures for a living 

Not being creative and using my last name.

Driver: Callaway Epic MAX LS (10.5º played as 9.5)
3W:  Cobra SZ tour (14º)
3-PW: Mizuno MP-20 HMB
52,56: Cobra MIM 

63 - Wilson Staff Model HT
Putter: EvnRoll ER-6
Ball: Pro V1
Arccos Tracking on all clubs

9 hours ago, Haggerty said:
    2 years, picked it up back up after 20 years off.   Normal score is 84-92 could go to 100 on a rough day

The challenge and playing with friends

the great articles and reviews brought me here, i don't know anyone else currently on here.

I am from Cleveland, Ohio Suburb.   No home course but play Sleep Hollow a fair amount.

Weather is the worst, best is we have a ton of golf courses at reasonable prices.

I am a Systems Engineer, building out and supporting infrastructures for a living 

Not being creative and using my last name.

Welcome from another buckeye. There are a bunch of guys here from the Cleveland area and we're having an outing in two weeks in case you're interested in meeting other spies. 

Check out this thread and let me know if you're interested. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 8/28/2020 at 7:46 PM, tony@CIC said:

Welcome from another buckeye. There are a bunch of guys here from the Cleveland area and we're having an outing in two weeks in case you're interested in meeting other spies. 

Check out this thread and let me know if you're interested. 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Haggerty said:

No content in your message above , just want to make sure you weren't signing up and I missed it. . 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

12 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

No content in your message above , just want to make sure you weren't signing up and I missed it. . 

Sorry, unfortunately i can't make it on Sept 12th.  

Just now, Haggerty said:

Sorry, unfortunately i can't make it on Sept 12th.  

No problem, stick around here and you'll find a bunch of guys from the Cleveland area, 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1. How long have you been playing golf? Since about 8. What’s your handicap or normal score? Need about 4 a side depending how the week went. Oh score? 85-90.

2. What do you love about golf? Social aspect. No one but yourself to beat. Lifelong sport.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?he unbiased, no BS opinions on the No Putts Given podcast.  Do you already know any other Spies? Negative.

4. Where are you from? Peoria, IL area currently What is your home course? There's no place like home.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Solid selection of courses but still able to walk on as a single without a tee time. Worst: Not having a regular foursome/group like hometown.

6. What do you do for a living? - Product testing and evaluation 

7. How’d you pick your user name? - Nickname from before I graced the earth. Added the "team" to church it up. 

I am relatively new to golf compared to most the old farts out there. 

I love encouraging my friends and playing partners to get the most out of their attempt to play this simple game. 

I am here because I have nothing better to do than this, and I welcome the distraction. 

I am born and raised in Orange County Cali. I am not playing much right now due to Covid. 

The best things about golf in my area are the variety of courses and the weather. The only downside is the golfers who can be rude and obnoxious at times - same as just about anything in life. 

I look forward to exploring and adding where I can on this forum. 

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, 

I'm in the Metro-Detroit area.   I just started seriously playing in October of last year and became absolutely addicted to the game.  My WHS handicap is currently 20.2. 

As for what I love about golf, what really grabbed me was hitting a 157 yard shot on a Par 3 about 3' from the cup at our company golf outing last September.  Everything in that brief second of contact captured me.  So a well struck shot, yeah, that's what I love most about the game.  That feeling you get when you hit a great shot. 

I found MGS while looking for club reviews, probably the same as most..   The track I play most at is Rackham Golf Course.  It's located right next The Detroit Zoo.  It's a Donald Ross designed course.  While renovations, and mis-management by the city has it lacking from it's former glory.  The last year or so it's improved, and the greens, yeah, they're Ross all the way. 

I'm a purchasing director for a HVAC distributor here in the Detroit are.  My user name is from an old Ice Cube skit from AmeriKKKas Most Wanted.  Hit Em Straight, All.  

:ping-small:   Driver: G410 Plus

:cobra-small:  Fairway Wood:  F8 3 Wood

:callaway-small: Hybrid:  Rogue 3 Hybrid

:callaway-small: Hybrid: Rogue X 5 Hybrid

:callaway-small: Irons:  Rogue 6-PW

:Sub70: Irons:  699 Pros 5-PW

:Sub70: Utility Iron: 699-U 2 Iron

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX-4 48/52/56/60 °

:cleveland-small: Putter: Huntington Beach No. 1

:bettinardi-small: Putter: BB8-Wide (2020)

:cameron-small: Putter:  Special Select Newport 2 (2020)

:callaway-small:  Bag: Rogue Staff Bag

:Sub70:  Bag:  Sub70 Staff Bag

:Clicgear:  clicgear 3.5 cart

:Arccos: Caddie System

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Played golf off and on for over 30 years.  Started at age 14.  Took time off for family and life here and there.  But I always come back.  I'm a consistent 10 handicap but prior to an accident in 2016 I was about 5-6 for a few years.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love that even now after a near fatal accident I can still swing a club.  I still have enough speed to occasionally threaten or reach 300 off the tee.  I love that regardless of your limitations if you can develop some amount of consistency you can still play well without having great length off the tee.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Love the in depth reviews and un-biased review and opinion.  I nearly purchased a different driver without advice I saw here and what I spotted in other similar handicaps bags.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Originally from Kentucky my home course would be Laurel Oaks Golf Club in Maysville, KY I moved to Ohio nearly 10 years ago so if I had to claim a home course here it would be Potter's Park par 69 short course that reminds me of our country club back home in Maysville.  Short tight and you'll generally hit every club in the bag.  If you're a good wedge player and can putt you can score well here.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?    Growing up in a small town unless you played the Country Club often which I didn't the public courses did not have sand bunkers of very few and far between.  Coming to Ohio and the area being flatter I've had to develop a survival sand game and generally will lay up or go big as not to have to play out of the sand

6. What do you do for a living?   After having a motorcycle accident in 2016 I haven't worked a public job.  Been a self employed guy working rideshare and side jobs ever since.  

7. How’d you pick your user name?  A member of a motorcycle club gave me that name several years ago.  It kinda stuck.  It reminds me of my golf game.  I twist it up and I hit into situations where gravity takes over.  But if I can find my ball I can generally get out of jail.  Slinkies bend and get twisted up but they never break.

8. Trying to re tool myself to get into some golf industry.  Would love to be a teaching pro but Im going to have to have a way more solid personal game to get PGA certified.  Clubfitting and clubmaking aren't out of the realm of possibly career paths.  

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing for 30 yrs now. I'm an unpracticed 5 handicap. Gotta love having a career and 3 small boys. Usually shoot around 78 anymore, in my glory days I was averaging 75.

2. What do you love about golf? Hard to put into words why I love the game. It is a drug that keeps me coming back, it's a need to play better. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Played with a guy while on vacation that mentioned this site. Been reading and watching YouTube from MyGolfSpy ever since. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Terre Haute, IN. I sneak on to The Country Club of Terre Haute. But pay to play Rae Park

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Price isn't bad, good players in the region. Climate is challenging to keep the courses healthy. 

6. What do you do for a living? Production engineer

7. How’d you pick your user name? Wanted to go pro as a younger player. Now that I'm old I'm a dreamer trapped in an adult body. 

It's 90% Mental

• 2 weeks later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I’ve been golfing for about 8 years.

Currently a handicap of 4.4

Sore in the 70’s

I love the complexity, challenge and thought process.  I love to improve and crunch numbers.   I enjoy finding areas to improve and working toward those improvements.

I like the unbiased and in-depth reviews.   
I do not know any other Spies.

Springfield, Ohio.  Windy Knoll is the closest, former member of Springfield Country Club and Mitchell Hills.  Currently a freelance golfer.  Lol 

This is not a very populated area, but the best thing is that there are 16 courses within 30 minutes, plus 3 Country Clubs.  Typically they are busy and the care for the public courses by the users is poor.  Lots of geese, which means lots of droppings on course.  Very little youth encouragement or rates.  That stifles growth.   

Maintenance Team Leader

How’d you pick your user name?

Was a nickname from high school baseball days.  

Edited by Brack-Attack

Titleist 915 D2

Nike SQ Machspeed 3w

Titleist 716 T-mb 3i

Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW

Cleveland 52, 56, 60

In search of new putter...

29 minutes ago, Brack-Attack said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I’ve been golfing for about 8 years.

Currently a handicap of 4.4

Sore in the 70’s

I love the complexity, challenge and thought process.  I love to improve and crunch numbers.   I enjoy finding areas to improve and working toward those improvements.

I like the unbiased and in-depth reviews.   
I do not know any other Spies.

Springfield, Ohio.  Windy Knoll is the closest, former member of Springfield Country Club and Mitchell Hills.  Currently a freelance golfer.  Lol 

This is not a very populated area, but the best thing is that there are 16 courses within 30 minutes, plus 3 Country Clubs.  Typically they are busy and the care for the public courses by the users is poor.  Lots of geese, which means lots of droppings on course.  Very little youth encouragement or rates.  That stifles growth.   

Maintenance Team Leader

How’d you pick your user name?

Was a nickname from high school baseball days.  

A warm welcome from another Buckeye, there are lots of us here from the Cleveland-Columbus-Dayton area. Be sure to put your info on the member map. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Good Morning 

I joined the forum not long ago and finally getting around to this 

1. How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing around with golf since I was about 10 years old.  I stated just hitting around a old 3 iron in my grandparents yard. I stopped for awhile and started playing off and on a few years ago. I recently in the past year really picked up the game and started to play more and get better .

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? My handicap has gone up and down depending how much I play I try to play nine holes once a week. It usually goes from 20 to 24 but I took a couple lessons from a PGA pro and hopefully get it down more here in the next year or two. 

3. What do you love about golf? What I love about the game has really been the quiet of it all. I recently have a walking cart to help with my diet. I have lost about 60 pounds from just walking when I play. I just like being out there by myself to clear my head and just to relax. 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? What brought me here is that the reviews I have heard from other people are spot on and it is a good place to reach out for questions and just talk about golf. Do you already know any other Spies? I do not know anyone else on the forum here since this is new for me. 

5. Where are you from? I am from Illinois here in the central area. What is your home course? I currently do not have a home course yet but I have a couple that I am looking at. 

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Some of the area is good there is not a lot I can really get into because I am not an expert. There are some courses here and there are like dirt and I am surprised they are open. 

7. What do you do for a living? I do software technical support for a local company in the city where I live 

8. How’d you pick your user name. Just use something that I can remember. Also how does everyone get the icons in their signature for what their equipment is. 

Driver: :callaway-small:Rouge 9 Degree Hazrdous Shaft

Fairway: :nike-small: Dymo 2 3&5 Woods 

Irons: :titelist-small:, 2013 CB 714 4-PW Irons Project X shafts 

Wedges: Bombtech Torch Wedges 

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab R 

Bag: :titelist-small:, 14 Way Cart Bag 

Ball: :titelist-small::bridgestone-small:, :wilson-small: ,Trufeel, E12, Elite 50 

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.0 

Shoes: G/Fore , Puma