TESTERS WANTED! ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

2 hours ago, eads77m said:

Good Morning 

I joined the forum not long ago and finally getting around to this 

1. How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing around with golf since I was about 10 years old.  I stated just hitting around a old 3 iron in my grandparents yard. I stopped for awhile and started playing off and on a few years ago. I recently in the past year really picked up the game and started to play more and get better .

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? My handicap has gone up and down depending how much I play I try to play nine holes once a week. It usually goes from 20 to 24 but I took a couple lessons from a PGA pro and hopefully get it down more here in the next year or two. 

3. What do you love about golf? What I love about the game has really been the quiet of it all. I recently have a walking cart to help with my diet. I have lost about 60 pounds from just walking when I play. I just like being out there by myself to clear my head and just to relax. 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? What brought me here is that the reviews I have heard from other people are spot on and it is a good place to reach out for questions and just talk about golf. Do you already know any other Spies? I do not know anyone else on the forum here since this is new for me. 

5. Where are you from? I am from Illinois here in the central area. What is your home course? I currently do not have a home course yet but I have a couple that I am looking at. 

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Some of the area is good there is not a lot I can really get into because I am not an expert. There are some courses here and there are like dirt and I am surprised they are open. 

7. What do you do for a living? I do software technical support for a local company in the city where I live 

8. How’d you pick your user name. Just use something that I can remember. Also how does everyone get the icons in their signature for what their equipment is. 

Welcome!

To get the icons you need to go into your settings (upper right side, click on the arrow next to your name and then click settings), go to signature, then start listing whatever you want. The icons for the manufacturers are in the emoticons right down the bottom.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Thanks I got the icons. Will try to get things lined in couple of days. Least I got some of it done. 

Driver: :callaway-small:Rouge 9 Degree Hazrdous Shaft

Fairway: :nike-small: Dymo 2 3&5 Woods 

Irons: :titelist-small:, 2013 CB 714 4-PW Irons Project X shafts 

Wedges: Bombtech Torch Wedges 

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab R 

Bag: :titelist-small:, 14 Way Cart Bag 

Ball: :titelist-small::bridgestone-small:, :wilson-small: ,Trufeel, E12, Elite 50 

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.0 

Shoes: G/Fore , Puma 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing for 25 years, currently a 10.4 but thankfully trending downward.

2. What do you love about golf?  In one way or another it's how I've made a living, former superintendent now in sales in the golf industry.  My initial draw and perhaps favorite thing about the game remains the people I've met and experiences I've been afforded.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I've been following mygolfspy since around 2010 or shortly thereafter, it started with ideas on how to customize clubs as I've been a garage gluer for many years.  I still enjoy that and the other aspects of the forum but also really enjoy the analytics that come out of testing and labs.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Currently reside in the north suburbs of Chicago.  My home course is wherever I can get a game basically.  Recently joined a local based golf society which plays all around the area.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best thing is the quality of accessible golf courses and competition among them equates to really good conditions overall.  The worst thing is pace of play on weekends and trying to play in the winter...

6. What do you do for a living?  I sell commercial, robotic mowers as well as a range picker.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  First name plus the date of my first (and to this point only) hole in 1, October 19.

Driver: Krank Element

3-wood: Adams Speedline Fast 12

4 Iron: Maltby KE4 Tour+ 2" long, 1.5 up and 3 strong

4-5 Iron: Maltby KE4 Tour+ 1.5 long, 2 up

6-PW: Maltby TS-1 1.5 long, 2 up

50 & 56: Maltby TSW 1.5 long, 2 up

60: Mizuno T7

Putter: Ping STR

Good afternoon everyone, obviously new to this forum and looking forward to talking with everyone here. 

1. How long have you been playing golf?
    I have been playing off and on for about 25 years, I started when I was in middle school tagging along with my dad as he played. I never got really serious about golf until a few years ago now it's been a great way to get out and try to get better.

What’s your handicap or normal score?
    According to Arccos its 11.2 but I don't think I am that good, but oh well.

2. What do you love about golf?
    I like being outside especially when I get the first tee time in the morning getting to see the sun come up over the lake is really nice. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?
    I think like most it was the reviews and the Most Wanted Lists.  Hoping that the clubs I had chosen weren't coming in last place.  I never really knew there were forums until I saw the ability to test new products and thought what a good idea.  Then I lurked around for a bit and finally decided this is the day to announce my presence. 

4. Where are you from?
    I live in Chicago and am not a member of any club so I float around to the many public courses in the Chicagoland area. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    Best part of playing in this area is the summers, I grew up in Oklahoma and it is brutal in the summer there.  Even the worst days up here aren't too bad.  Obviously the worst thing is the shortness of the golf season, it would be nice to get to play longer. 

6. What do you do for a living?
    I work as an operations manager at a company in the city

7. How’d you pick your user name?
    I have been using this user name for about 15 years on message boards and xbox, it uses my last name and it's got the Superman vibe to it. 

:callaway-small: Callaway Paradym Driver

:callaway-small: Callaway Epic Flash - 3W

:callaway-small: Callaway Apex 21 3h

:ping-small: Ping G410 4h

:taylormade-small: Taylormade P790 5-p

:ping-small: Ping Glide 4.0 50,54, 58

:PXG:PXG One & Done

:titleist-small: Pro V1x

• 3 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing since 1970, started with some hickory shafted clubs that belonged to my grandfather. Last handicap I officially had was 12.8.

2. What do you love about golf?   .I've always loved the individual aspect of the sport, me against the course. Although, I did also like the fact that I could easily measure my contribution to the high school team when I was on it. The social aspect has yielded my best long term friends.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I've been following mygolfspy since around 2010 mainly for the testing comparison of different gear.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Currently reside in the east suburbs of St.Paul, just moved from the northwest suburbs of Chicago.  Still looking for a home course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best thing is some pretty nice courses.  The worst thing is the long winter and the low number of courses.

6. What do you do for a living?  I am semi retired, officiate high school sports.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  First name plus track & field reference.

Driver: Cobra BioCell

3W: Cobra BioCell

4/5 Hybrid: Cobra Fly Z

Irons: Taylor Made Burner HT, 4-AW

Gap Wedge: Cleveland CG14, 56 deg.

SW: Hogan Edge GCD

Putter: Yes C-Groove Tracy, 35" or Yes C-Groove Sandy 12, 35"

Ball: Maxfli Tour

Hey everyone... just joined the forum:

I've been playing on and off... well mostly off, for 25yrs.  Typically once per year.  This year I've jumped into the deep end and loving it.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?
    25... it hurts writing that down but the first step in recovery is admitting there is a problem right?

3. What do you love about golf?
    I love being outside and spending time with friends and family on the course

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?
    Really great content

5. Where are you from?
    I'm from Springfield IL and currently living in Washington IL (outside of Peoria)

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    Best part is the accordable courses within a relatively short drive.  Worst part... winter 😞

7. What do you do for a living?
    Engineering manager

8. How’d you pick your user name?
    Super creative... its my first initial and last name 

In the bag:

Driver: :callaway-small: Callaway Rogue ST Max

Fairway Woods:  :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik

Irons: :callaway-small: Callaway Rogue (4h, 5i-A)

Wedges: Kirkland Signature (52, 56, 60) 

Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S Mallet

Welcome from Florida now but northwest Ohio in the summertime.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 3 weeks later...

1. How long have you been playing golf? What's your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing seriously for about 4 years now. It stated with an excuse for a day off work for the company outing and I caught the bug. Right now I am a 15.6 handicap.

I love a course with a good layout and great views. I also love that I am competing with myself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you know any other Spies?

Been following on Instagram and wanted to be more involved with the forums/golf community through MyGolfSpy

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

Dayton, OH. My home course is Miami Shores.

The best thing is the abundance of courses, there are 10 courses within 30 minutes of me which is nice and gives me lots of options for playing. The worst thing is the fall leaves and losing balls in them!

I work in IT.

7. How'd you pick your username?

Just a variation of my name.

Driver: :taylormade-small: M2

3-Wood: :taylormade-small: M2 

2-Iron: :srixon-small: ZU85 

4-PW: :taylormade-small: RBZ 

52/56: :taylormade-small: ATV Tour Spin

60: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star

38 minutes ago, 937jake said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What's your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing seriously for about 4 years now. It stated with an excuse for a day off work for the company outing and I caught the bug. Right now I am a 15.6 handicap.

I love a course with a good layout and great views. I also love that I am competing with myself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you know any other Spies?

Been following on Instagram and wanted to be more involved with the forums/golf community through MyGolfSpy

Dayton, OH. My home course is Miami Shores.

The best thing is the abundance of courses, there are 10 courses within 30 minutes of me which is nice and gives me lots of options for playing. The worst thing is the fall leaves and losing balls in them!

I work in IT.

7. How'd you pick your username?

Just a variation of my name.

Welcome from the other corner of Ohio! We usually have a couple get-togethers each year, so keep an eye out once winter is over.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

Welcome from the other corner of Ohio! We usually have a couple get-togethers each year, so keep an eye out once winter is over.

Thank you! I will definitely keep an eye out!

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

Another welcome from a Buckeye who's now a seasonal resident in Florida. As @MaxEntropy said we have a couple of outings. There are also a few guys on this forum from the Dayton/Columbus area. Be sure to mark you're location on the member map - you should also see other forum members there as well, one that comes to mind is @Mr_Theoo who's a pretty active member on this site. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Another welcome from a Buckeye who's now a seasonal resident in Florida. As @MaxEntropy said we have a couple of outings. There are also a few guys on this forum from the Dayton/Columbus area. Be sure to mark you're location on the member map - you should also see other forum members there as well, one that comes to mind is @Mr_Theoo who's a pretty active member on this site. 

Thank you for the info! May be a silly question but where can I find the member map so I can be sure to mark myself on there?

Hey everyone... just joined the forum:

Played about 4 times per year until 2 years ago when I started playing in a golf league. Play about 40 rounds per year now.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?
    18 currently

3. What do you love about golf?
    It’s all on you and what you put into it

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?
    Looking for a place to gain information and trade clubs to try 

5. Where are you from?
    I live in Tecumseh Michigan (southeast Michigan close to Ohio)

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    Best part is the amount of courses available to play. Worst part is lazy people who don’t replace ball marks on the greens 

7. What do you do for a living?
    Production Management

8. How’d you pick your user name?
    Just used my name 

Howdy from Michigan, just spent this past summer actually trying at golf...now im addicted and its the winter months.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I grew up swinging a club, but without any real direction. This year we decided to put in effort, training, coach, range time etc. I'm usually in the low 90's but shot 89 once this summer and was stoked to break 90.

2. What do you love about golf?  The game can be played so many different ways, it will always challenge you. Youll never stop working on your craft, and youll go months being the zone and then one day it all stops working. WHY?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I enjoy communities such as this! MGS is dope. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Born and raised in south Florida but live in West Michigan currently. Home course is Kauffman GC, Grand Rapids Michigan.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The summers are the best, the winters are garbage. 

6. What do you do for a living?  Mfg'er sales rep

7. How’d you pick your user name?  It's been my gaming alias since I was a teenage.

Edited by kyLman

KLM

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing for 30 years casually, just started to really work at improving my game and playing more regularly the last 2 years. I am currently an 18 but thankfully trending downward.

2. What do you love about golf?  I picked up the game playing with my grandfather as a teen and then didn't play much in my 20s and 30s as family, work and other hobbies just didn't leave room. I love that it tests you at every level and you can learn more about yourself and other in four hours on the golf course than in a lifetime off.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Product reviews, testing and game improvement.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Northeast Ohio. Hawk's Nest in Creston, OH.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Variety.  The worst thing is pace of play on weekends and trying to play in the winter...

6. What do you do for a living?  Logistics.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Combination of my hobbies Golf, Guns and Gold (Numismatics).

:cobra-small:  SpeedZone 9*  

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 3w+ 12.5*

:adams-small: DHY Proto 18* (DG S300)

:ping-small: I210 🟢 4-PW (KBS Tour FLT 120)

:callaway-small: JAWS MD5 (46/10S, 52/10S, 58/8W)

:odyssey-small: White Hot XG Rossie

Vice Pro Plus

:1590477705_SunMountain::918457628_PrecisionPro::Arccos:

8 hours ago, 3GZ4ME said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing for 30 years casually, just started to really work at improving my game and playing more regularly the last 2 years. I am currently an 18 but thankfully trending downward.

2. What do you love about golf?  I picked up the game playing with my grandfather as a teen and then didn't play much in my 20s and 30s as family, work and other hobbies just didn't leave room. I love that it tests you at every level and you can learn more about yourself and other in four hours on the golf course than in a lifetime off.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Product reviews, testing and game improvement.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Northeast Ohio. Hawk's Nest in Creston, OH.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Variety.  The worst thing is pace of play on weekends and trying to play in the winter...

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Combination of my hobbies Golf, Guns and Gold (Numismatics).

Welcome! There's quite a number of us around here and we try to get together a few times a year to play. Keep an eye out on the Arrange a Game thread.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 12/2/2020 at 12:22 PM, 937jake said:

Thank you for the info! May be a silly question but where can I find the member map so I can be sure to mark myself on there?

Oooops looks like the member map disappeared from the latest forum update. @GolfSpy STUDque, can you update with the new link or is it gone forever? 

image.png.731ce8c859fa4227691d45490017eecc.png

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

9 hours ago, 3GZ4ME said:

Welcome from northwest Ohio - well right now Florida. We have a great group here in northern Ohio and get together a couple of timers a year as @MattF mentioned 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Oooops looks like the member map disappeared from the latest forum update. @GolfSpy STUDque, can you update with the new link or is it gone forever? 

image.png.731ce8c859fa4227691d45490017eecc.png

Ah, yes. The developers of the map (different than our host) turned it from a free feature to a very very expensive one. Apologies...we'll keep looking for an alternative.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

On 2/11/2019 at 5:27 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Midwest Region

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Hey guys. I’ve been playing golf for 30 years and have gotten down to a 7.4 handicap. I love just trying to work and get better at the game and it’s a fun and competitive outlet that you don’t have after you graduate from competitive sports. I came over to mygolfspy because I follow their ratings religiously and wanted to get in on the act. One thing I’m somewhat obsessed over is when personal launch monitors under $1000 becomes a thing. Any insights on that question and how far our phones are in that task is interesting to me. 

Hello fellow golfers
This is the first forum I have joined and only because it's golf related. I am returning to regular play of this great game after spending years raising a family. It's my hope to practice more, take lessons and join a league to establish a real handicap, play new courses and meet new friends along the way.
As you all well know, playing in NEOhio can limit your practice and play during the Winter months so I will be working on getting fitted for clubs and take lessons.

I'm looking forward to hearing from others about golf courses played and recommendations on improving my game.

Cheers! 

McFly

- Woods:  :taylormade-small: Taylor Made Sim 2 Driver, Fairway wood and 3U hybrid with Fujikura Ventus shafts 
- Irons: 
:mizuno-small: Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metals; 4 thru GW with Recoil shafts
- Wedges: 
:callaway-small: Callaway JAWS 54 SW and 58 LW with Recoil shafts
- Putter: 
:ping-small: Ping Heppler blade

2 hours ago, Keen63 said:

Hey guys. I’ve been playing golf for 30 years and have gotten down to a 7.4 handicap. I love just trying to work and get better at the game and it’s a fun and competitive outlet that you don’t have after you graduate from competitive sports. I came over to mygolfspy because I follow their ratings religiously and wanted to get in on the act. One thing I’m somewhat obsessed over is when personal launch monitors under $1000 becomes a thing. Any insights on that question and how far our phones are in that task is interesting to me. 

Here's a good starting point.

https://mygolfspy.com/best-personal-golf-launch-monitors-of-2020/

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   
    9 Years / Average Score = 93 

It’s a challenging game that takes a lot of thought and patience! 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?   
    I love gear, I trust MGS reviews and love the way their written and presented!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? 
    Western Chicagoland area! Klein Creek GC

There’s an abundance of courses! 
    It stops in the winter 😞

6. What do you do for a living?  I am a regional sales manager that oversees teams of account executives and sales specialists. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Have you ever seen a 3PuttBirdie???

Andy Kearns - 3PuttBirdie! 

Driver - Cobra King F9 (10.5) 

3 Wood - Callaway Epic Flash (15) 

Hybrids - TaylorMade M6 3 & 4 

Irons - Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 5-AW

Wedges - Vokey SM6 - 54 & 58 (S grind) 

Putter - Ping Sigma 2 Anser 

Ball - Titelist ProV1X 

Shafts - Project X HZRDS & KBS Tour 90

On 2/11/2019 at 5:27 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?         I have been playing for about 30 years now. My handicap is a 2. 

• What do you love about golf?          The best thing I like about the game of golf is that it is different everyday you go out and play. You can either play by yourself or with a group of friends. Enjoy the competition not only with yourself, the course, but against others. Have played in many local and regional tournaments. 

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?       Ran across golf spy by accident when doing some research on golf products. Liked the reviews on golf products as well as the opportunity to try equipment out and review those items. 

• Where are you from? What is your home course?            I am from Indianapolis,IN. Home course is currently The Legends Golf Club, but many of the area courses we have through out the year. 

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?              Best thing about golf in our area is that we have some great courses to play not only in the immediate area but also within an hour or two drive. Worst thing is that we have to break for the cold weather, but can sneak in a random round on a 50 degree day in the winter. 

• What do you do for a living?           I am a firefighter.

• How’d you pick your user name?             The name pretty much says it all. I played a lot of sports growing up, but golf is a lifetime sport and I am nuts about it. 

Golfnut

Hello, I am glad that I found this site!  I am a 64 year-old recent retiree, and have just gotten back to the game this year after a 15+ year layoff (business travel, back, hip and knee issues).  I have what I consider to be the ultimate retired guy's job, working at one of the Fort Wayne municipal courses as Karl the Greenskeeper, without the C4.

It was sure a shock to learn that I am not immune to the loss of 20+ yards off the tee; I thought that was only true for the old guys!  I've taken some lessons and have been diagnosed with that rarest of golfers' diseases, early extension; working on that with some drills and exercises this winter.

I actually don't have any scoring goals for the near future, I just want to get back to striking the ball well.  One thing that I learned about myself 20 years ago or so was that my scores began to magically improve when I stopped judging my enjoyment of a given round inversely on how many strokes I made that day.  Mowing greens before sunrise and then seeing the sun come up on the emerald stripes my mower seems to be painting on the dew-covered greens is sublime.  Life is good!

:ping-small: G430 Max HL Max Driver

:ping-small: G430 Max HL 5- and 7-Woods

:ping-small: G430 Max  HL 4-Hybrid

:titleist-small: T300 6-GW Irons

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 52 and 58 degree Wedges

:titleist-small: Vokey SM9 56 degree Sand Wedge

:bettinardi-small: BB-8W Putter

:titleist-small: ProV1x Balls

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing since I was a kid.  32 years old now.  Normal score is 80 +/-....short game is the issue haha.

2. What do you love about golf? I love how any day can be the best round of your life or the worst.  It is my place of peace(most days) and my place to escape.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Been following mgs for years, but since covid, have become much more knowledgeable and interested in the minor details of equipment and all the aftermarket type offerings vs buying off the rack.  Eager to learn more.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Grand Rapids, MI.  Don't have a home course, but my favorite in the area thus far is Thornapple Pointe.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Shorter seasons.  Scenery can be incredible!  

6. What do you do for a living?  Regional sales for a wood veneer company.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Nickname and picture is a tribute to my dad.

Taylormade SIM 10.5* w/ Ventus Black 7X

Taylormade '17 M1 3HL w/ Fubuki Alpha 80X

4i: Srixon U65 w/ AMT X100

5&6i: Mizuno MP18mmc Hifli w/ Tour issue X100

7-pw: Srixon 785 w/ Tour issue X100

48*:Cleveland cbx2 w/ Tour issue X100

52/56/60 HiToe: Wilson Staff Model wedges w/ Tour issue S400.

Putter: Ping Kushin

TP5X

Hi everybody.  Here goes:

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing since I was 6-7 years old, so almost 34 years.

• What do you love about golf?  Honestly I love that I'm already pretty good at it, and most of my friends desperately want to be.  Plus being outdoors, the self-challenge, and collecting clubs.

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  I've been coming to this site for years, and I like the podcast quite a bit.

• Where are you from? What is your home course?  From Evanston, my home course is Wilmette.

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?   The seasons, for both.  I hate that the winter shuts us down for months on end, but I also feel like I'd burn myself out if I could play 12 months/year.

• What do you do for a living?   I teach 1st grade.

• How’d you pick your user name?    It's my wife's nickname for me, and I dig it.

Nice to meet you!

1. How long have you been playing golf? I’ve been playing golf roughly 20 years. Every year feels like the first
    What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I’m around a 10-12 Handicap 

2. What do you love about golf? I love the golf community, the competitive nature amongst the scrubs, and hitting that one shot that always keeps you coming back. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Stumbled upon MyGolfSpy after seeing a thread about a simulator build. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I’m from Noblesville, IN. I play mostly at Elwood Golf Links, in Elwood, IN. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Probably the best thing would be the number of quality courses for your everyday amateur to select from. Worst would definitely be the weather. Not being able to play in the winter months. 

6. What do you do for a living? I’m the Chief Operating Officer for a telecommunications company. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? I use EddieFranks for every username. First and middle name and sounds like a restaurant or bar. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone long time lurker on the forum. So much information between the website, forum, and the podcast! So much fun!

1. How long have you been playing golf? 30+ years. Started off with my Dad and Grandpa. 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? I’m around a 20 Handicap 

3. What do you love about golf? The competitive nature of golf, not only with others but with yourself. The ability to take time away from my daily routine and enjoy being outside and with friends

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? My analytic brain needs concrete data that has been missing from golf.  

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? I’m from Ann Arbor, MI. Home course: Pierce Lake in Chelsea, MI

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Probably the best thing would be the number of courses available. Worst is the number of houses located right to the course

7. What do you do for a living? PA at a large hospital system in my area

8. How’d you pick your user name? I use Dimpledballs because of its relation to golf...and I find it funny