Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1 hour ago, jrodking11 said:

Hi, my name is Jarrod.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing on and off for about 20 years. I had a long streak during college and after where I couldn't afford to play. Have gotten back into it over the past 3-4 years and have taught my wife how to play (still a work in progress and we now are getting her propper lessons). Handicap = 16
  2. What do you love about golf?

Everything except for getting behind a group of 4 slow players that won't let you pass. If I had to pick a favorite thing it would be playing with family and friends or just being outside enjoying a nice day. 
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I love golf and I love forums and equipment/tech so I've been a long time follower of MyGolfSpy so decided to finally join and introduce myself. I don't know any other spies. 
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

Cleveland, Ohio. Home course is Columbia Hills CC.
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best is that there are a lot of great courses in the area. Worst is that all the public courses are always so busy a round can take a long time. Thus why we joined a CC because pace of play is a lot better.
  6. What do you do for a living?

Information Technology
  7. How’d you pick your user name?

Nickname + Last Name + Favorite #

Welcome! We have a decent sized contingent in Northern Ohio and try to get together a couple times a year, so keep an eye out in the Arrange a Game forum if you are interested.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Just now, MaxEntropy said:

We have a decent sized contingent in Northern Ohio and try to get together a couple times a year, so keep an eye out in the Arrange a Game forum if you are interested.

Thats awesome, this is exactly one of the reasons that I joined this forum!

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2, Project X EvenFlow T1100 White shaft

5W: :cobra-small: S3, Blur S shaft

3H: :ping-small: G410ALTA CB RED GRAPHITE S shaft

Irons: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Hot Metal 4 - PW, Nippon Modus Pro 120 S shafts  

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey Spin Milled 56-08

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 60 - 14K

Putter: :cleveland-small: Huntington Beach Soft 11 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star

Hello All, 

For anyone in the Metro Detroit area, a bunch of us over at the No Laying Up Refuge are having a huge charity event at Rackham Golf Course on 5/22/21.  

It should be a great time, and it's benefitting an absolutely wonderful young boy and his family.  Here's a link for more info:

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/maxamania-i-rackham-gc-detroit-may-22nd-2021-sign-up-post-4375/13811/4770

Please consider signing up and #GetInvolved.  

210216-Maxamania 5-text.png

:ping-small:   Driver: G410 Plus

:cobra-small:  Fairway Wood:  F8 3 Wood

:callaway-small: Hybrid:  Rogue 3 Hybrid

:callaway-small: Hybrid: Rogue X 5 Hybrid

:callaway-small: Irons:  Rogue 6-PW

:Sub70: Irons:  699 Pros 5-PW

:Sub70: Utility Iron: 699-U 2 Iron

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX-4 48/52/56/60 °

:cleveland-small: Putter: Huntington Beach No. 1

:bettinardi-small: Putter: BB8-Wide (2020)

:cameron-small: Putter:  Special Select Newport 2 (2020)

:callaway-small:  Bag: Rogue Staff Bag

:Sub70:  Bag:  Sub70 Staff Bag

:Clicgear:  clicgear 3.5 cart

:Arccos: Caddie System

I've been playing for nearly 50 Years. Current handicap is 11.5, typically shooting in the 80's. Every now and then with a good day on the greens get down in to 70's. 

Began playing as a youth with my grandfather. His fondness for the game, sportsmanship and character left a lasting impression.

Found Golf Spys be accident and enjoyed the content, Decided to join. 

I'm in Central Ohio. No home course, just a vagabond.

Golf season in the Mid-West is too short.

I'm an industrial engineer.

11.5 handicap playing Titleist Woods and Taylor Made Rocketbladez tour Irons

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing for around 30 years (oof that hurt to say) now, after working more on my game the past couple of seasons I have been down to a 5-6 handicap.

2. What do you love about golf? I love everything about it, being outside and walking 18, spend a little time with friends, and most recently I have loved playing with different gapping and club theory crafting.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Would always come here for reviews but never posted, felt like it was time. I do not, or I should say not that I know of.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Minnesota, my "home" course is actually a little bit of a drive from me, Manitou Ridge, which is because I moved across the state for my wife and nobody I know golfs by me.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is a ton of courses are really within a 30-45 minute drive from me of all prices and difficulty levels. Worst thing is probably the 3-5 month playing season, ugh.

6. What do you do for a living? I am in real estate.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Picked my username because it's part of what is technically my first name, but I don't go by my first name, haven't since I can remeber, therefore, NotBrian.

Driver: Taylormade Sim (Handcrafted Hzrdus Yellow 63g 6.5 flex)

Fairway: Mizuno ST200ts 15* (Tensei Blue X Flex) (Needs to be replaced)

Utility: Sub 70 699u 17* 2 iron (Proforce V2 S Flex) / Sub 70 699u Pro 19.5* 3 iron (Hzrdus Smoke 6.0)

Irons: Mizuno MP 25 4-PW (Project X S Flex)

Wedges: 50* & 54* Cleveland RTX 4 Raw, 58* Cobra Snakebite Versatile Grind/60* PM Grind Callaway

Putter: Tommy Armour Habanero

Ball: Titleist Pro V1/Pro V1x

36 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I've been playing for nearly 50 Years. Current handicap is 11.5, typically shooting in the 80's. Every now and then with a good day on the greens get down in to 70's. 

Began playing as a youth with my grandfather. His fondness for the game, sportsmanship and character left a lasting impression.

Found Golf Spys be accident and enjoyed the content, Decided to join. 

I'm in Central Ohio. No home course, just a vagabond.

Golf season in the Mid-West is too short.

I'm an industrial engineer.

Welcome to MGS. We've got a bunch of Buckeyes here and we do meet up on an occasional basis so keep an eye out for the threads - even if they say northern Ohio. 

Edit: you may want to follow this thread

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 2/11/2019 at 5:27 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing golf for 30 years. My normal score is typically in the upper 70s. GHIN says my average score is a 78.8.

• What do you love about golf?

I love the challenge, being outside, walking if possible and being able to play various courses in the area and when I am on the road. I also love playing with different people when away from my home course. It is great meeting people who also love the game. Being a decent golfer also helps. 🙃 🙂

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I accidentally found My Golf Spy a few years ago when looking around for reviews on some products.

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from Sodus, NY, my home course is Sodus Bay Heights Golf Club. If you are there you should check it out. It isn't long but it is a tough traditional style golf course.

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best things are the prices we pay for top notch golf courses. The worst thing is pace of play. If you tee off after about 8 AM on any decent golf course it will take you 5+ hours to play a round guaranteed. I have had the misfortune of playing some 6 hour rounds too. 😓

• What do you do for a living?

I am in IT. 🤓

• How’d you pick your user name?

I am not even sure what my username is. If it is what I think it is, it is my nickname in high school plus jersey number from playing sports.

• Driver - Callaway Paradym X 10.5 - Project X HZRDS Gen 4 50
  • 3 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 16.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • 5 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 18.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • Irons - Srixon ZX7 - KBS Tour C-Taper Lite
  • Wedges - Srixon ZX7 51-8 KBS Tour C-Taper Lite; Titleist Vokey 56-12 & 60-08 - Project X 6.0
  • Putter - Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
  • Golf Ball - 2023 Titleist Pro V1X Left Dash

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing since I was 7 years old and will be entering my 36th year. I got down to a 5 in my pre-kid days and am up to an 8.6 thanks to a balky driver and bad chipping.

2. What do you love about golf? It is a game you can play for a lifetime. My son just started, I play with my dad often, and it is something we can share until they put dirt on me.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know too many spies but I love reading about equipment and all of the way people are trying to make this game accessible to more and more people.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Grand Rapids, MI and mainly play at Scott Lake Golf & Practice Center where I used to be the director of golf or The Meadows in Allendale.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The abundance of different tracks and styles in this state is pretty much second to none and is fairly affordable based on my other travels. The weather is always a downer when you have to wash up the clubs and store them away for a bit.

6. What do you do for a living? I am an IT professional managing agile projects

7. How’d you pick your user name? I went to the U of Michigan and part of my long time phone number was 784. Gotta use things already in memory so you can remember who you are.

:ping-small: Driver - 410 LST - 10.5 Degree - Stiff

:titelist-small: Tsi2 3 and 4 Hybrids - Fujikura Ventus 8S

:Sub70: 639 CB 5-7 - Nippon Modus Tour 120 Steel

:Sub70: 639 MB 8-PW - Nippon Modus Tour 120 Steel

:cleveland-small: RTX 3 Wedges - 50, 54, 58

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne Putter

:wilson-small: Duo Professional Ball

Hello. Im Tyler.

Grew up playing golf from a young age. Took a long hiatus from 14-32. Got back into it 2 seasons ago. Currently a 14 handicap, typically scoring between 80-90.
Love everything about golf. The ups, the downs and everything in between. Always something to work towards.
Been visiting golfspy a ton for reviews and such. Love it. Figured why not join.
Live in Metro Minnesota. No home course, to many good ones close by.
MN golf is amazaing scenery and weather, for 3 months .
 Minneapolis pipefitter by trade.

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing since I

10 years but not very on and off. I typically score in the high 90’s looking to get my game dialed in.

What do you love about golf?

It’s a challenging game, I wouldn’t love it as much if its too easy. Nahh just kidding I’d love it just as much if I had pure swing and was a scratch player lol. Its great way to spend time with friends and try to outplay each other.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Reviews on gear and recommendations on what to buy. I hate having to go through trial and error with hard earned money. Using the guides and reviews has helped form my bag well. Also nice to see reviews on gear like bags, gloves, shoes, and more/

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Chicago, the course I most frequent is St Andrews GC

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Plethora of courses near me is a huge plus! The weather limiting year round play is not so great 😕

What do you do for a living?

IT Professional

How’d you pick your user name?

Always aiming for fairways and greens!

Always down for a round in the area! 

Driver: PING G410 SFT
Woods: 3 wood Mavrik 
Hybrid Mavrik 3 Hybrid
Irons: Mavrik Irons 5-GW
Wedges: SM6 Vokey 50, 54, 58
Putter: Odyssey #7

Question to all.  I used to love my Ping Eye 2, black dot, 1 iron.  Now that I've gotten older, it's all pull or smother.  I can hit it straight if I open the blade at address.  Would a heavier shaft help me?  Now the original steel/stiff.  Swing speed +/- 90.

Thanks.

David

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing since I was 11. Learned from my dad and have never taken a formal lesson. Game has gone up and down over the years. Got my handicap down to just under 7 a few years ago but lack of playing consistently has it up to a 10 currently.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the one on one aspect with yourself and the course. I don’t play friends for money or anything, just love to play against the course and with others. There’s a sense of calm and reflection throughout a round, especially when walking a round. It is a special feeling.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I was looking for information on clubs and golf balls really and started reading through portions of the site. Just started listening to the podcast and I love the analytics of equipment. I’m sure someone I know is on here but I don’t know who.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally from outside of Akron, OH but now live in the southwest suburbs of Chicago. Here in IL I don’t really have a “home” course. I’m not a member anywhere but I play the most at Wedgewood GC in Joliet. Because of playing so often every year back at my dad’s club I’d probably say his club is more my hole course and that is Silver Lake CC in Cuyahoga Falls, OH.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The worst thing about golf in my region is not being able to play all year because of the cold. The best thing is probably the availability of quality courses all over our area. I haven’t even begun to scratch the surface of the wonderful courses in our area. I play close to home and try and not spend a bunch of money playing. There’s so much good golf going on all over.

6. What do you do for a living? I work in sales for a regional craft brewery. It’s pretty fun and has some nice perks for sure. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? It’s my name without spaces. Seemed pretty easy to choose. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - playing since I was about 6. Handicap hovers between 11 & 10... but before 2020 never cracked 20. 

2. What do you love about golf? - playing by myself is meditation, playing w others is great social time. Exercise and meditation combined in one activity. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?- love the reviews... have an unhealthy interest in equipment 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? - suburb of Indianapolis, home course is Ironwood in Fishers

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - best, elite designs are everywhere... 10+ Pete Dye designs within 30 minutes 

6. What do you do for a living? - economic development 

7. How’d you pick your user name - available 

Mike Thibideau
Driver: :callaway-small: Mavrik Max 10.5
4-wood: :callaway-small: Epic Speed 16.5 
4-hybrid: :taylormade-small: R15 21
Irons 5-P: :callaway-small: Mavrik Max
Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 46, 50, 54, 60
Shoes: :travis-mathew-1:MoneyMaker, Nike Roche G
Glove: Asher Golf
Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft, :callaway-small: Supersoft (conditions dependent)

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? My first round was in high school many years ago, idk my handicap but I score around 90 usually. 

2. What do you love about golf? That it frustrates me but that one great shot erases all the bad ones.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Idk how I stumbled onto this site but I enjoy it and I don’t know any other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Eagan, Inverwood is my home course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is we can golf outside worst we are stuck on simulators and practicing indoors.

6. What do you do for a living? I’m a Radio Frequency Technician.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It’s my last name with my favorite number. 

Taylormade M6 Driver, 3 metal, 5 metal

Taylormade P790 4-AW

Odyssey stoke lab putter

clubs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

1. How long have you been playing golf?
    What’s your handicap or normal score? Playing since 2010, normally shoot around 90 but playing more and improving

2. What do you love about golf? Hitting bombs!! The challenge and being outside

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Equipment reviews. I do not know any others spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Grand Rapids Mi. Currently I so not have a home course. I like to play different courses.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best things is the summers and the courses. The worst is the long winter 

6. What do you do for a living? Manager at a automotive manufacturer 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Used my initials.

thank you for attending my Ted talk.

Ping G400

Taylormader Burn 3w

Sub 70 699U 2i

Sub70 4-PW 639 CB

Sub70 50*
Taylormade 56* R series

Taylormade 64* hi-toe

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been swinging the sticks since I was a wee lad of 11 years old, emulating Tiger Woods. My grandmother bought a set of junior clubs to hit around her back yard in hopes that we would take after our great aunt whom was an early LPGA player.  However, I only started playing golf regularly (more than once a year) when I married into a golf family. I am now a avid golfer and member of a men's league. I even chair the rules committee.  I currently shoot in the 90s to low 100s and even have been putting up low 40s on 9 holes in league rounds this year (2021). My league handicap is a 12 currently for 9 holes which would translate to 24. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love/hate the game. I have always been an athletic type that love sports. period. Golf is another sport that I can try to master. I enjoy the community of a league, we are all good friends and love the light hearted competition the league brings. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I started receiving emails recently likely after reading a review or something then I was pulled in with the Honma driver tester search.  I do not know any other Spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from the Metro Detroit area/Ann Arbor and My home course is Fox Creek in Livonia, MI. I golf 20+ rounds a year at Fox Creek.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is their are lots of good course in my region. The worst thing is that I don't have time to golf them all as much as I would like.

6. What do you do for a living? I am called The Michigan Brain Bank Coordinator, Brain Guy, Brain Guru, Brain Bank Manager, but the reality is, they don't know how to label what I do. I assist/perform autopsy services for our neurology department at the University of Michigan...80 to 100 of them a year....plus I also process tissue sample requests, ship tissues around the world, manage a small staff, process biospecimens samples from blood products, and complete endless amounts of paperwork while running a call center (me and a office phone).....did I mention I am on call 24/7 365.

7. How’d you pick your user name? My user name has been with me since I was 19 years old. I had read an article about not using your name in your email to avoid spam, so I created Perkmd. Perk as the first 4 letters of my last name then may first and middle initials M and D. It has stuck with me ever since and now get mistaken as MD referring to me being a Doctor.  

Driver: Mizuno ST200 (Graphite Design G series 60 X-flex with Golf Pride MCC+4)

3 Wood: Tour Edge CBX 119 13.5 degree (Project X HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 70 with Golf Pride MCC+4) 

5 wood: Tour Edge CBX 119 18 degree (Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0 65 with Golf Pride MCC+4)

Long Irons: Nike Vapor Speed 3 Iron and Nike Vapor Fly 4-6 (UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4 with Golf Pride MCC+4) 

Irons: Nike Vapor Pro 7-PW (UST Mamiya Recoil 780 F4 with Golf Pride MCC+4)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX 52 and 56 (Rotex Precision Graphite Wedge-Flex with Golf Pride MCC+4)

Putter: Taylormade Spider X SX-32 (KBS CT Tour Putter with Super Stroke Pistol GTR 1.0)

Ball: Taylormade Noodle Neon Matte Red

1. How long have you been playing golf?
    What’s your handicap or normal score?

My first game was about 35 years ago with my grandmother’s brother-in-law at a par 3 course in the twin cities.  Of and on since then.  Probably 4 years of fairly regular golf, and the rest 0-3 games a year.

1. What do you love about golf?

That would probably be the peace and the general environment many courses are constructed around, a good respite from city chaos.

1. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

i have been reading and listening to a lot of great information since I took golf up again last fall from MGS and decided I want to play regularly again.  This seems to be a friendly and knowledgeable group so thought it would be a good place to go to discuss and share what is going on with our games and great.

1. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I’m from the Rochester MN area.  I recently joined the Zumbro valley golf club thanks to a very good new member deal and it being somewhat on my way home from work.

1. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

We are lucky to have a large number of golf courses in our area, some of which have a very aesthetic and rolling layout.  The courses in town can be a bit too busy and the bugs can get to be annoying during different parts of the season.

1. What do you do for a living?

Software engineer

1. How’d you pick your user name?

I’m not very creative so have used this for several forums for years.  Just based on my name.

Some day I'll get some clubs built in this century.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was curious whether people in or around (or from) Ohio could give me some advice.

I have two group trips to Ohio this year, one around Youngstown and one around Akron. Each of them involves playing three courses, two of which have been picked out, Yankee Run and Pine Lakes for the first one, and Boulder Creek and Ellsworth Meadows for the second one.

I'm not the one organizing, but I've been asked to weigh in, does anyone with local knowledge have any suggestions for a third course in either area? First trip is a group of maybe 20, second one may be closer to 50, in case anyone has already played outings at any of the courses in question, or just thinks a particular course would stand out for its fitness for such things.

Much obliged, have a good long weekend

k

• :nike-small:Vapor Fly Pro 1W
  • :callaway-small:Mavrik Sub Zero 3W/5W
  • :callaway-small:Rogue Pro 3-PW
  • :ping-small:Anser Forged 52/58
  • Carbite Brass Balls Putter c.2001
  • :titelist-small:ProV1x
  • :callaway-small:HyperLite 5 Stand Bag

28 minutes ago, k_man said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was curious whether people in or around (or from) Ohio could give me some advice.

I have two group trips to Ohio this year, one around Youngstown and one around Akron. Each of them involves playing three courses, two of which have been picked out, Yankee Run and Pine Lakes for the first one, and Boulder Creek and Ellsworth Meadows for the second one.

I'm not the one organizing, but I've been asked to weigh in, does anyone with local knowledge have any suggestions for a third course in either area? First trip is a group of maybe 20, second one may be closer to 50, in case anyone has already played outings at any of the courses in question, or just thinks a particular course would stand out for its fitness for such things.

k

We have a pretty active group from the Cleveland/Akron area. Check with @matt or @MaxEntropy. They might have the info you're looking for. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 hours ago, k_man said:

k

Windmill Lakes in Ravenna is nice. Turkeyfoot Golf Links in South Akron has some of the best greens in the area. Brookledge in Cuyahoga Falls is also a decent place to play. Feel free to send me a DM if you want more details.

50 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Windmill Lakes in Ravenna is nice. Turkeyfoot Golf Links in South Akron has some of the best greens in the area. Brookledge in Cuyahoga Falls is also a decent place to play. Feel free to send me a DM if you want more details.

Appreciate it, thanks.

And I might!

• :nike-small:Vapor Fly Pro 1W
  • :callaway-small:Mavrik Sub Zero 3W/5W
  • :callaway-small:Rogue Pro 3-PW
  • :ping-small:Anser Forged 52/58
  • Carbite Brass Balls Putter c.2001
  • :titelist-small:ProV1x
  • :callaway-small:HyperLite 5 Stand Bag

16 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I would agree with this. I'm a bit biased about Windmill because I'm a member.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 2 weeks later...

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 
    I was introduced to this great game by my dad when I was 11, so I have now been playing for 50 years.  My handicap got down for one summer to a 3 because I was making every putt I looked at!    It 5 to 7 is where I’ve always hovered.

2. What do you love about this game?  I enjoy being outdoors, the challenge of how the games changes with conditions.    I’ve met many great and interesting people.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?    I’ve followed the site off and on for a few years and like the reviews and discussions.

4. Do you already know any other Spies?    No I do not.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Bloomington Illinois and I am a member of Crestwicke Country Club.

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?   There are a lot of nice public and private courses in the area.     The worse thing is the weather,  windy all the time and then a short season due to winter.

7. What do you do for a living?   Nothing.

8. How’d you pick your user name?    Dodgerfan.    I’m originally from a town 70 miles east of Los Angeles California.    I grew up following the Dodgers and listening to Vin Scully.  I am a big Dodger fan.

On 6/11/2021 at 12:08 PM, Dodgerfan said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 
    I was introduced to this great game by my dad when I was 11, so I have now been playing for 50 years.  My handicap got down for one summer to a 3 because I was making every putt I looked at!    It 5 to 7 is where I’ve always hovered.

2. What do you love about this game?  I enjoy being outdoors, the challenge of how the games changes with conditions.    I’ve met many great and interesting people.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?    I’ve followed the site off and on for a few years and like the reviews and discussions.

4. Do you already know any other Spies?    No I do not.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Bloomington Illinois and I am a member of Crestwicke Country Club.

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?   There are a lot of nice public and private courses in the area.     The worse thing is the weather,  windy all the time and then a short season due to winter.

7. What do you do for a living?   Nothing.

8. How’d you pick your user name?    Dodgerfan.    I’m originally from a town 70 miles east of Los Angeles California.    I grew up following the Dodgers and listening to Vin Scully.  I am a big Dodger fan.

Welcome! I have a friend in Springfield so I've played Prairie Vista a few times.

32 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Welcome! I have a friend in Springfield so I've played Prairie Vista a few times.

It’s been awhile since I’ve played PV,  it’s a nice course with one screwy hole.   I believe it’s number 7, a par 5 with a lake where you’d like to land your second shot.  You can’t carry the lake for your second shot so the lay up is like an 7 or 8 iron then your third shot to the green is 200+.     

40 minutes ago, Dodgerfan said:

It’s been awhile since I’ve played PV,  it’s a nice course with one screwy hole.   I believe it’s number 7, a par 5 with a lake where you’d like to land your second shot.  You can’t carry the lake for your second shot so the lay up is like an 7 or 8 iron then your third shot to the green is 200+.     

I know exactly the hole. It is kind of lame to have to lay up like that. I'd imagine the intent was to make it a decision whether to go for it or layup, but I've never seen anyone in a position to go for it - it's just a little too far. I like the course because it's pretty wide open for someone like me that tends to spray the ball off the tee - I usually score decently there.

Well new guy here from Wisconsin! Love the site looking forward to joining the conversation. I shoot right around 100 on good days and closer to 110 on bad. Just got a new to me Calaway BBA  which has taken a few strokes off the game. Currently focusing on putting. Actually just restored my odyssey dual force rossie II that I found at goodwill a few years back. WISH I would have taken before pics, but here's the progress so far... please feel free to leave me feedback or just say what's up... I have a feeling I'll be around...

20210617_235445.jpg

20210617_235450.jpg

20210617_235541.jpg

From Wisconsin

Playing Calaway BB X-12s standard length and steel shaft standard

Calaway BBA 9.5°/ stiff flex

Average about 105 on 18 but getting better!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 11:08 AM, Dodgerfan said:

1. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Bloomington Illinois and I am a member of Crestwicke Country Club.

I grew up in B/N.  I was fortunate enough to know some members of Crestwicke and Bloomington CC and was able to play a few rounds on each.  Crestwicke is my favorite track in the area.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9* Aldila Tour Blue 75 S 44.5”

FW: :taylormade-small: M4 15* Diamana S+ 82 S

Hybrid: Auditioning

Irons: PXG Gen3 P 5I-GW Steelfiber 115FC S