Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Took up golf when I got out of college (1985).  6.4 hdcp as of end of 2022 season.  Have been as low as 3.7

2. What do you love about golf?

It's you against everyone else.  I also enjoy the comradery at my local club.  Some sandbaggers, some vanity caps, but a lot of great guys.  I've also started learning club repair and new club builds.  Started this right before the pandemic hit.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I've been lurking on MGS for about 10 years but never signed up to post anything until now.  I have purchased the black MGS t-shirt.  It's really cool.  I do like the NPG segments on YT.  Where did Meranda go (lol)?

3. Where are you from? What is your home course?

East side of Cincinnati.  Stonelick Hills Golf Club.  Come on out and see the Buffalo's.

4. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best - always a game somewhere.  Worst - can't play year-round (but we try if it's 40* and sunny)

5. What do you do for a living?

Retired in July 2022 on a voluntary buyout opportunity.  Worked 36 yrs for a laaaarge Financial Services firm out of Boston.  Enjoying every minute of not working.  I do volunteer my time with the local FirstTee chapter.  Play about 100 rounds a year.  Yeeeeeeeeahhhh.

6. How’d you pick your user name?

I love animals and golf.  I'm also working on trademarking the name and developing a logo.

Golfweasel

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 4:27 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• Since I was about 10, I went to my first golf camp. I played on and off growing up but am now all in and hooked. Normally shooting mid to low 90s (with the occasional 100+ of course), but hoping to be high 80s low 90s this summer!

• What do you love about golf?

• What sport do you get to hang out and shoot the s*** with your buddies for an extended period of time? Golf. It's great socially, and I feel like I am always challenging myself.

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Came here on a rec from a friend. I have read a few reviews and follow them on other socials. Golf's a great game and MGS makes it easy to know which equipment is actually worth the price. 

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

• Northern suburbs of Chicago. Don't really have a home course, I try to play everywhere. 

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Best things is the courses are all difficult enough to make you work for it. Plus I don't think I have ever had a bad experience with a random added to my group. It really is such a fun social game. Worst part is the winter when I can't play. 

• What do you do for a living?

• I work in project management for a general contractor.

• How’d you pick your user name?

• I use it for everything lol. 

Preston

Callaway: driver (Epic Flash), 5,6 hybrids

Cleveland: Mashie (4 hybrid)

Sub 70: 5 wood, or 7 wood

TM M2 irons 6-pw

Custom wedges: 50 deg, 54 deg, 58 deg

Putter: one of these - Scotty Cameron Futura, Studio Select, Odyssey Triple Track, Ping Fetch, TM Mini Ghost Spider, custom MG

Edited by ghanson

• 1 month later...

1.     How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing golf since 1969, but not on a regular basis until I joined a golf league in 1979.  My handicap is currently 15.5.  However, it will obviously take a dip in the spring when I start playing again after the golf layoff each winter.

2.     What do you love about golf?  I love being outdoors with golf along with the comradery of my fellow golfers.  I love the challenges of golf

3.     What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I first visited MyGolfSpy when reviewing drivers.  That is when I discovered there was so much more than driver reviews.

4.     Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in the mid-Michigan area with many good golf courses within an hour to an hour and a half drive.

5.     What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best thing about golf in my area is the quality of nearby courses and the very reasonable pricing.  Courses are not crowded but you will need to get reservation for the good golf courses in advance.  The only bad thing about Michigan golf is that you will not be able to play in the winter.  On average, most golf courses in this area of Michigan close at the beginning of November, but it depends on the forecasted weather for the area.  The golf courses usually don't open in the spring until April 1 or a little later in April, again depending on the weather forecasts.

Golf - "Don't think of it as work. The whole point is just to enjoy yourself." -- Otter, Animal House

glnelson7

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Speed 2021 11.5 degree, Rogue Fairway 3W 2019 15 degree, Rogue 4H 2018 21 degree, Rogue 2018 6I-AW irons, SureOut Wedge 58 degree

:cleveland-small: CG Black 3H 2015 19 degree, CBX SW 54 degree 2019

Taylormade Raylor 22 degree 2010

:odyssey-small: White Hot V-Line Mallet 2013 35 in.

Hi, new member here, happy to be here.  

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Started playing when I was about 8 and played through high school, took time off during college and then played till I had kids then soccer, baseball, football, soccer took up all my time.  Finally started playing again about 10 years ago and fell back in love with the game. Mid-80's shooter

What do you love about golf?

Love being outdoors and playing with friends and meeting new friends who share the same love of the game. Also the challenge of playing this &*()#&&$ game.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Have looked at a lot of different forums and thought I would give this one a try.  Don't know anyone on here that I am aware of.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Chicago suburbs.  Mostly play Chalet Hills and Foxford Hills

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best is the number of great courses within a couple hour drive.  Worst is winter shortens the season.

What do you do for a living?

Risk Management

How’d you pick your user name?

I am almost retired.

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST MAX Driver 10o Fujikura Ventus Blue 5 S

:taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 3 wood 15o Fujikura Ventus Blue 5 R

:taylormade-small: Stealth 5 wood 18o Fujikura Ventus Red 5 R

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4 Hybrid Fujikura Ventus Blue 5 R

:taylormade-small: P790 2021 5-AW Aerotech i95

:vokey-small: SM8 Brushed Steel 54 , 58 12 D

Winn Dri-Tac 2.0

:ping-small: PLD DS72 Satin

:titleist-small: Pro V1

4 minutes ago, AlmostRetired said:

Hi, new member here, happy to be here.  

Started playing when I was about 8 and played through high school, took time off during college and then played till I had kids then soccer, baseball, football, soccer took up all my time.  Finally started playing again about 10 years ago and fell back in love with the game. Mid-80's shooter

Love being outdoors and playing with friends and meeting new friends who share the same love of the game. Also the challenge of playing this &*()#&&$ game.

Have looked at a lot of different forums and thought I would give this one a try.  Don't know anyone on here that I am aware of.

Chicago suburbs.  Mostly play Chalet Hills and Foxford Hills

Best is the number of great courses within a couple hour drive.  Worst is winter shortens the season.

Risk Management

I am almost retired.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst." Sam Snead

Winn Dri-Tac 2.0

17 minutes ago, AlmostRetired said:

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst." Sam Snead

... After living in Chicago 42 years before moving to Phoenix 3 years ago I am gonna disagree with Sam:

"Of all the hazards, Chicago's winter is the worst."  😉

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

HA!  Lived in Chicago all my life and still hate the winters, although they have seemed milder over the years.  

Winn Dri-Tac 2.0

My name is Kevin Nash, and I am 56 years young.  

I have been playing golf since I was 10 years old.  My handicap is 1.  I love this game because every round is different.  No two days are alike and every round on the same course is different.  I love the challenge of trying to beat the course.

I come to MyGolfSpy to learn about all aspects of the game.  I am hoping to be a club tester in the new . As of now, I do not know of any other spies on here.  Hopefully, I will get to meet some soon.

I live in Floyds Knobs, IN.  I play at Old Capital Golf Club in Corydon, IN.

The best part of playing golf in this area is because of the wide variety of surfaces we have the opportunity to play on.  You can play on Bent grass, Bermuda, Zoysia, and now we have a bluegrass that works well with the Bermuda.  The worst part of golf in this area is the length of the playing season when you are dealing with the warm season grasses and the humidity.

I am a corporate trainer.  Prior to that, I was an educator in the public school system for 18 years.  I coached golf and was a demo day rep for Callaway Golf.  My parents and I ran a 9-hole golf facility for 17 years.

My username best describes me as I am a golf nut!! 

Driver - Callaway Paradym 10.5

4 wood - Callaway UW 17 degree

7 wood - Titleist TSR 2

Irons - Callaway Apex TCP 4-PW

Wedges - 50 & 54 Callaway Jaws

Wedge - 58 Callaway PM Grind

Putter - Odyssey O-Works V Line Fang CH Red

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

This will be my 4th season playing regularly. Arccos says I’m a 12, my league says that I’m a 24. My average score is 92-96. Still trying to break 90.

Hitting a ball pure is the one of the best feelings ever. It’s feels like you didn’t even hit the ball, and all you hear is the ball cutting through the air. Also birdies are fun!

Passion and competition. I love doing the extra work to get the competitive edge. I do not.

Columbus, OH. Westchester Golf Course in Canal Winchester  

A lot of flat, wide open fairways. The driver is almost always the answer on the tee box. Hitting driver is fun, but it does take some gamesmanship out of the equation.

Sheet metal draftsman. Primarily drawing installation prints for commercial/industrial ductwork.

How’d you pick your user name?

It was my character’s name when I played Final Fantasy 11 back in the day. It was a combination on Kitana, from Mortal Kombat 2, and Su, Jet Li’s character from Cradle to the Grave. Ironically kitsu is also the the yelping noise a kitsune, or Japanese 9 tail fox, makes. 

• Ping 425 Max 9* | Ping Tour 65 S
  • Ping 425 Max 3w+5w | Ping Tour 75 S
  • Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal 4i-GW | Nippon NS Pro 950GH NEO S
  • Mizuno S23 54/10S + 58/12D | KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 W
  • Odyssey Stroke Lab 2-Ball Fang
  • Maxfli Tour X | Bridgestone e12 Contact
  • Ogio Alpha 14 | Clicgear 4.0
  • Arccos | Apple Watch Ultra

40 years. 9.5 Index

Everything, playing, watching, caddying

3.What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Was looking for some new equipment. Looking to expand my golf friends circle. I do not know any other spies

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

Commerce Township , MI BayPointe Golf Club in West Bloomfield

5.What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Weather

What do you do for a living?

Manager at Ford

video game initials as a kid

Carry Bag - :titleist-small: Hybrid 14

Cart Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 (Bought in Apr '23)

Driver - :callaway-small: Epic Flash equipped with a Mitsubishi TENSEI AV 65 Stiff shaft

3w - :taylormade-small: RBZ Stage 2 equipped with :taylormade-small:Matrix Ozik Rul 80h shaft 

Hybrid (3 high loft) - :taylormade-small: RBZ Stage 2 equipped with :taylormade-small:Matrix Ozik Rul 80h shaft

Irons - :callaway-small: X-Hot Pro 4-W equipped with Rifle ProjectX95 6.5 shaft

Wedges - :titleist-small: :vokey-small: 48*, 52*, 56* equipped with True Temper shafts

Putter - :titleist-small: :scotty-small: Fastback Select 1.5 equipped with mid size super stroke grip. Weighted 15g in toe and heel

Ball - :titleist-small: Pro V1

All other clubs are gripped with Golf Pride mid size tour wrap grips with 2 layers of tape

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 5:27 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Midwest Region

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

About 40 years,around a 10-12 HC

It is not boring, always challenging and great exercise

Reviews mostly

Cincinnati Oh, Hamilton County Park courses

Fairly reasonable greens fee, plenty of courses..........Negative....Too crowded since covid but that is probably true every where

Retired but part time at a course

word play on "divot"

I guess I should chime in!

Since I was 7 or so.  The local muni was my caretaker for a few summers in the 80's.  I should be better than I am given how much golf we played back then.  My handicap sits at 11.8 right now.

I enjoy being with friends, the challenge of competing against others and myself, those great shots we never forget, the jokes, the cigars, and getting to be out in nature in a gorgeous setting for several hours.  It's also a great way to satisfy my tinkering/researching urges, even during the offseason.

I found it through Youtube.  I may know other Spies, but they are as yet not revealed to me.

3. Where are you from? What is your home course?

North side of Indianapolis.  I do not belong to a club, so we play all over.  Probably most frequently at River Glen in Fishers and places near and north of there, along with the Fort and Eagle Creek.

4. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best -- we have some incredibly lovely days in the spring and fall.  Worst -- Winter!  Trying to scratch the itch hitting balls off mats or sneaking out in thermal underwear when temps rise enough and courses dry out enough.

5. What do you do for a living?

Corporate attorney - no courtroom work.

6. How’d you pick your user name?

My old nickname (from my other primary hobby - drumming -- derivative of John Bonham's nickname), plus my hometown.

Glad to be here!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (ACCRA FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Hey Everyone, new to the forum!  

I have been playing since I was about 12yo, so 30+ years.  Played a lot when I was younger, had kids and slowed down and now picking back up more with my oldest son who loves to play!!  

I love being on the course and getting a chance to play beautiful and challenging courses.  I love that anyone can do it and you can do it for your whole life.  I also really enjoy hanging with my friends and creating great memories!!

Looking for different content on equipment, courses and ways to improve!! I don't know anyone on here yet, hope to meet some soon!

Minnesota and I live closest to Eagle Valley GC and Prestwick.  

Best, cool fall days in the fall when the courses are in perfect condition! Close Second, early morning rounds before work - fast 9 and at work by 8:30!  Worst, not being able to play year round outside!  

Program Manager for a Medical Device Company

Default, I need to come up with a better one.  

Lee Stanek

Driver: Taylormade.jpg.9d38498f8a6006a57c3d138bbf9964b9.jpg  SIM2 Max 9*

3,9 Woods:  Callaway.jpg.c961807c499184adde0c3ed28e3f228d.jpg S2H2 Big Bertha

4-9i,PW,SW Callaway.jpg.c961807c499184adde0c3ed28e3f228d.jpg  S2H2

GW Taylormade.jpg.9d38498f8a6006a57c3d138bbf9964b9.jpg MG3 52*

LW Adams GT2 Undercut 60*

Putter: Titleist.jpg.371c05d2e7430a89639ff5927b325962.jpg  Scotty Cameron Caliente

Ball: Play either Titleist.jpg.371c05d2e7430a89639ff5927b325962.jpg ProV1 or  

I guess it's about time I made my presence known; after all, I've been a Spy since March 2017

I picked-up the game in my 30s, tagging along with a coworker during a mutual day off.  I had occasioned a driving range or two, but this was my introduction to a full course. The next day, I bought a used set of clubs for $25 at a local pawn shop & the rest is history...now 20 years of highs, lows, and friendships

Hmm...I enjoy competition, especially against myself. Golf led to my father/I reuniting & not only becoming dad/son, but teammates/rivals throughout our rounds together....my true Golf Buddy. Spending time in nature. Playing with friends & meeting new people from all walks of life

As I wrote, I have been a Spy & supporter since 2017 because Adam Beach was one of the few - if not the first - to bring unbiased testing & honest results to the golf industry.

I have a couple of Spies I communicate with & some specific Forums I give/take in. I don't know any Spies personally/locally but hope to as this site continues to grow

Born in Tampa, Florida (Sunshine State baby). Moved to Indiana when I was 4 & been a Hoosier since. I live in Plainfield, Indiana.

My home course is Twin Bridges GC. I also frequent Heartland Crossing GC & Southern Dunes GC

Best things are:

• variety of public courses within an hour-drive of home...plus a variety of terrain throughout the state
  • daylight lasting until nearly 10pm in the summer

Worst thing is a season that is typically limited to April - November. We do get outliers, but winter & snow SUCKS! Then again, it is a great time for game analysis, fitness, and lessons

I have done electronics my entire life/career (since my first Fairchild kit when I was 10 years old). I am a Failure Analysis Engineer for Whirlpool

Cuda is part of 'barracuda' - a nickname from childhood. Kota is part of 'Loukota', my last name. 66 is my birthyear.

Great to see MGS & this forum growing & thriving!! If you're local, DM me.

Joe

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

How long have you been playing golf?
What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing around 8 years (mostly in the last 1-2) and my normal score is around 95-100

I just love being on the course and the ups and downs of the game

I am always looking at golfspy posts so finally signed up.

I am from Milwaukee, WI and my home course is Bluemound Golf and Country Club (I work there)

Best courses in the midwest, I think and worst is the short season.

I am a teacher and a chef.

I like to keep my usernames consistent across the board.

Patrick Santi

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I'm 43...I played once or twice a year as a kid...maybe once per week in college....starting playing regularly in 2020.

What do you love about golf?  Being outside, hanging out with buddies, beer, it's just a great game that you can never master. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Just looking to learn more.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  I'm in the northern suburbs of Minneapolis- Anoka.  I play The Links at Northfork more than any other course.  

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  WINTER is awful....Fall golf with falling leaves is a nightmare.  Best things- EVERYTHING ELSE!

What do you do for a living?  Financial Advisor

How’d you pick your user name?   I run a chapter of the Mediocre Golf Association in the Twin Cities...

thumbnail.jpeg

www.mgatour.com

Chapter leader of the Twin Cities MGA

Hey everyone, new member here. I've been using MGS for product info and reviews and decided it's finally time to jump in and get involved!

- Loaded question here; I started playing golf at 9 years old and played a fair amount until I was about 19. Couldn't afford it anymore in college and when I finally could afford it again, I had some back problems that hindered me from getting back into it. Got back to it in 2022 and played over 40 rounds last season. My handicap is a 21, hoping to shave some strokes off of my scores this year and break 90 a few times. 

- I just love being outside, and there's no better feeling that flushing an iron and watching that ball pierce the sky.

- I've been using MGS for reviews and product info so I wanted to start being more involved. I don't know any other Spies.

- I'm from La Crosse, WI. My home course is Forest Hills, but I play a lot at Fox Hollow, Drugan's, Pine Creek, and Trempealeau Mountain.

- The best part of playing in the Driftless Region is the scenery. The bluffs provide an incredible backdrop on all of the courses in this part of the world. The worst part is the winters, hard to keep your swing alive over the winter.

- I work in medical devices (specifically electrophysiology ablation catheters) for Abbott. 

- My name is Joe and I played football in high school. I graduated high school in 2010 so it's sort of a play on "first and 10". 

Joe Anderson

La Crosse, WI

Driver: Callaway Paradym (10.5 degree, Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 - S Flex)
Fairway: Exotics CBX (15degree, Project X HZRDUS - S Flex)
3H: Exotics CBX (20degree, Project X HZRDUS - S Flex)
4H: Exotics CBX (22degree, Stock Exotics - S Flex)
5H: Wilson Staff D7 (25degree, UST MAMIYA RECOIL 460 - R Flex)
Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL 6-PW (True Temper Elevate 95 - R Flex)
Wedges: Wilson Harmonized 52deg, 56deg, 60deg (Stock Wilson - Wedge Flex)
Putter: Tour Edge Bazooka Pro-4, 35"

On 3/24/2023 at 8:31 AM, pjsanti35 said:

How long have you been playing golf?

I have been playing around 8 years (mostly in the last 1-2) and my normal score is around 95-100

I just love being on the course and the ups and downs of the game

I am always looking at golfspy posts so finally signed up.

I am from Milwaukee, WI and my home course is Bluemound Golf and Country Club (I work there)

Best courses in the midwest, I think and worst is the short season.

I am a teacher and a chef.

I like to keep my usernames consistent across the board.

Welcome.  Bluemound is a fantastic course, though I swear at that statue of Seth Raynor every time I pass by it knowing that I'm going to hit it to the wrong part of a few greens and get crushed.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
I’ve been playing golf for about 30 years although I haven’t played much in the last ten years because of work. That’s going to change. My wife and I just got a family membership at our local country club. 

The one or two absolute perfect shots I have per round. There’s just something really beautiful about the game 

I saw an ad for it on Google I think. I don’t know any other spies as far as I know, but then again, we are spies. 

I’m from a small town in Illinois. Home course is Earlville Country Club. 

The weather and the weather. 

Work in a chemical plant. 

My parents gave it to me. 

Jeff S. 

5 hours ago, Jeff Saylor said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
I’ve been playing golf for about 30 years although I haven’t played much in the last ten years because of work. That’s going to change. My wife and I just got a family membership at our local country club. 

The one or two absolute perfect shots I have per round. There’s just something really beautiful about the game 

I saw an ad for it on Google I think. I don’t know any other spies as far as I know, but then again, we are spies. 

I’m from a small town in Illinois. Home course is Earlville Country Club. 

The weather and the weather. 

Work in a chemical plant. 

My parents gave it to me. 

Welcome to the Forums, Jeff.  You'll find it's a fun & very informative community of fellow golf aficionados

Congrats on joining your local country club! Hopefully you'll be able to make time & golf more.

The weather & the weather.....as a Hoosier, I couldn't agree more 🙄  But it's Masters-time, which means the weather will be conducive here soon. Hope y'all are unscathed from the storms yesterday/last night.

Hit it long & roll it in!!

Joe

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

On 3/5/2023 at 8:09 PM, Kitsu said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

This will be my 4th season playing regularly. Arccos says I’m a 12, my league says that I’m a 24. My average score is 92-96. Still trying to break 90.

Hitting a ball pure is the one of the best feelings ever. It’s feels like you didn’t even hit the ball, and all you hear is the ball cutting through the air. Also birdies are fun!

Passion and competition. I love doing the extra work to get the competitive edge. I do not.

Columbus, OH. Westchester Golf Course in Canal Winchester  

A lot of flat, wide open fairways. The driver is almost always the answer on the tee box. Hitting driver is fun, but it does take some gamesmanship out of the equation.

Sheet metal draftsman. Primarily drawing installation prints for commercial/industrial ductwork.

How’d you pick your user name?

It was my character’s name when I played Final Fantasy 11 back in the day. It was a combination on Kitana, from Mortal Kombat 2, and Su, Jet Li’s character from Cradle to the Grave. Ironically kitsu is also the the yelping noise a kitsune, or Japanese 9 tail fox, makes. 

@Kitsu @Golfweasel @ghanson we have a bunch of members here from central and northern Ohio that occasionally get together. Contact @DiscipleofPenick who is organizing the first gettogether for 2023. Here's the link to the thread as well. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

@Kitsu @Golfweasel @ghanson we have a bunch of members here from central and northern Ohio that occasionally get together. Contact @DiscipleofPenick who is organizing the first gettogether for 2023. Here's the link to the thread as well. 

Our first meet up is going to be at Turkeyfoot Lake in Akron later this month. Comment in the 2023 meet up feed if you are interested.

And welcome to MGS.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I’m new to the forum and hoping to meet some locals here to play with from time-to-time.

1. How long have you been playing golf?

I’ve been playing golf for about 30 years, started when I was around 7 or 8. Until 2020 I didn’t play much, just a few times a year with my dad. We’d do little golf trips during the summers. Since 2020 I try to play 9-holes once a week during the playable time of year.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?

I currently have a 15.2 handicap. I normally score around 90, give or take 5 strokes.

3. What do you love about golf?

I love being out on a golf course on a beautiful day with people I enjoy. I love having a hobby that I can work on for the rest of my life but never master. I love the skills required to be good at golf: patience, ability to forget the last shot, body awareness, mental awareness, awareness of the land and air around you, having strength but also finesse. Golf really puts me in the moment and takes me out of my normal headspace.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I’m getting into understanding golf tech and the things that can actually benefit my game. I don’t know any Spies yet.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I’m originally from the greater Seattle area in Washington state. I moved to Indiana a year and a half ago, and I’m now in Westfield, just north of Indianapolis. Technically my home course is Wood Wind, but my first “home course” here was River Glen and it’ll always have a special place in my heart.

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best: a lot of quality, challenging public courses nearby that are affordable.
Worst: can’t play year-round.

7. What do you do for a living?

I’m a software developer.

8. How’d you pick your user name?

I have a PING Heppler Tyne putter that I love, and the name seems to be seldom used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra Radspeed XB Driver
Cobra Radspeed 3 Wood
Ping G710 Irons 4-U
Kirkland Signature Wedges 56 and 60
Ping Heppler Tyne 3 Putter

How long have you been playing golf?

Technically I have been swinging a club since I was two. But, I started playing on actual golf courses when I was six. So, I guess I have been actually playing for over 30 years. 

Currently I am a 0

Walking with nature, striving to always improve & peaceful alone time. 

Chance to read and learn from fellow golf junkies. Hopefully with a chance to get involved in something new and different down the road. I do not know any one with MyGolfSpy. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from Bedford, Indiana which is located in southern Indiana. My home course is Otis Park Golf Course. A little muni that I grew up playing and still love to this day. Even with being spoiled and playing some amazing course in my twenties. 

Limited resources and golf junkies to geek out with. I like to talk about many different subjects such as equipment, instruction, and architecture and because of where I live these topics are not very prevalent. 

The best thing is that I live close to Pete Dye course in French Lick. And the topography of the land in region requires a golfer to learn how to play on many different lies and blind shots. 

Director of Operations for a construction company

How’d you pick your user name?

Initials and birth year

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 8.5

3+ fairway: Callaway Epic Speed

2 hybrid: Apex Pro

Irons: 3-PW Apex Pro 21/ MB Combo

52, 56 Wedges: Cleveland Zip-Core

Putter: SeeMore mFGP

46 minutes ago, heppler22 said:

I’m new to the forum and hoping to meet some locals here to play with from time-to-time.

I’ve been playing golf for about 30 years, started when I was around 7 or 8. Until 2020 I didn’t play much, just a few times a year with my dad. We’d do little golf trips during the summers. Since 2020 I try to play 9-holes once a week during the playable time of year.

I currently have a 15.2 handicap. I normally score around 90, give or take 5 strokes.

I love being out on a golf course on a beautiful day with people I enjoy. I love having a hobby that I can work on for the rest of my life but never master. I love the skills required to be good at golf: patience, ability to forget the last shot, body awareness, mental awareness, awareness of the land and air around you, having strength but also finesse. Golf really puts me in the moment and takes me out of my normal headspace.

I’m getting into understanding golf tech and the things that can actually benefit my game. I don’t know any Spies yet.

I’m originally from the greater Seattle area in Washington state. I moved to Indiana a year and a half ago, and I’m now in Westfield, just north of Indianapolis. Technically my home course is Wood Wind, but my first “home course” here was River Glen and it’ll always have a special place in my heart.

I have a PING Heppler Tyne putter that I love, and the name seems to be seldom used.

@heppler22 Welcome to the Forum! You'll find many fellow golf enthusiasts here.

I loved playing with my dad - despite only beating him 3 out-of-too-many rounds 🙄 He's now on the permanent injured reserve list (spinal fusions) & the game isn't quite the same without him there to talk with, cheer on, and get in each others' heads.

@IndyBonzo is on here & resides on the north side. I think his home course is River Glen but he will roam at times.

I reside in Plainfield (think just-west of the airport) & my home course is Twin Bridges in Danville. I've frequented Prairie View (Dad is a starter there). Trophy Club (Lebanon) is nice if your approach shots are accurate.

Funny you picked that name...I actually know a Denny Heppler 😂

Hit it long & roll it in!

Joe

10 hours ago, heppler22 said:

Welcome to the forum!  I am new here myself.  You will find many like-minded friends here.  It’s great to have more Indy area spies.  

With @CudaKota66 we now only need one more for a foursome. 

•  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Welcome to the forum!  I am new here myself.  You will find many like-minded friends here.  It’s great to have more Indy area spies.  
With [mention=70259]CudaKota66[/mention] we now only need one more for a foursome. 

Thanks! Reading your introduction, sounds like we’d get along. I may have been born in the ‘80s, but if you knew me in high school you would have thought it was 1975. I was obsessed with Led Zeppelin, I had long hair and played guitar in a rock’n roll band. Ha!

Cobra Radspeed XB Driver
Cobra Radspeed 3 Wood
Ping G710 Irons 4-U
Kirkland Signature Wedges 56 and 60
Ping Heppler Tyne 3 Putter

30 minutes ago, heppler22 said:

Thanks! Reading your introduction, sounds like we’d get along. I may have been born in the ‘80s, but if you knew me in high school you would have thought it was 1975. I was obsessed with Led Zeppelin, I had long hair and played guitar in a rock’n roll band. Ha!

Absolutely we will!  There would be no arguments over the song selections during the round.