GolfSpy MPR

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Our Sponsors

11 hours ago, josmi15 said:

I’m golfing with Hedy Lamarr!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Harrrumphhh

• Like 3

WITB: Ping G410 with Tensei Orange, Mizuno CLK 2H Ping G400 3 and 4 hybrid, New Level 1126 5-7 and 902 8-PW. 50 degree Mtype wedge Ping Glide stealth 56-60

On 7/14/2020 at 8:36 PM, SmoothG said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started during the Tiger Boom so since about 1999.  Current handicap - 13.2

2. What do you love about golf?  You can always push yourself to improve.  You can play it for the rest of your life.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I was a part of a different online forum but I find the people here are the best around.  I've never seen such courtesy and everyone is really proud of this community.  You don't get all the negativity here which is really hard to control online.... great job and I'm glad to be here!  I don't know any Spies on a personal level. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from West Michigan and I consider my home course The Meadows at GVSU.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? There are so many affordable golf courses and the quality/value is great.  The weather is very unpredictable though and the short season sucks.  

6. What do you do for a living? Deputy

7. How’d you pick your user name? "Smooth" has generally been the only swing thought I have and my first name starts with G.

•  

Knew you were from Michigan, but didn't realize you were a westsider. Nice to see another one.

Meadows is a wonderful home course to have. Always in great shape and the wind can make for some very interesting rounds. 

• Like 4

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 11.3 (Last Updated Sept. 20, 2020)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
19° Driving Iron: :tour-edge: Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Tungsten, UST Recoil 670 F4, Tour Edge/Lamkin R.E.L.
5-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Hey everyone, great to be here.  Some info about me listed below.  Feel free to reach out if anyone is ever in the Chicago area or north suburbs.  

-Adam

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

1. Been playing about 3.5 years.  Normal score is in the mid to low 80s.  Not entirely sure what that handicap is but I think it's around 14ish?

2. What do you love about golf?

1. You can be as competitive or carefree as you want on the course.  It's a very mental game and you can make it as challenging as you want all by yourself.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

1. I read the golf ball review and how important that part of the game was, and got hooked with the content.  Since then I've always looked to MGS for independent reviews and honest feedback about golf gear and accessories.  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

1. I'm from the north suburbs of Chicago, and I guess my home course is Sunset Valley Golf Course in Highland Park.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

1. Best thing about golfing in Chicago is that there are so many options just a few minutes drive away.  I think the worst thing is that Chicago summers can be pretty unpredictable at times, and we can get a stretch of rain or severe wind that will pause golfing randomly throughout the summer.  

6. What do you do for a living?

1. I'm a hotel operations director for Hilton.  

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. Same username I've had since high school.  Just trying to keep it simple and consistent.  

golfing in Park City.jpg

• Like 5

-Adam

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing golf since I was about 12 and started to be serious in college. My scores are really dictated on my driver but usually 85-100

2. What do you love about golf? I love being outside and the mental aspect of the game. It is a very humbling game and it is you vs the course (1v1).

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Love the content that MyGolfSpy puts out and love data driven decisions 🙂

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I currently live in northeast Ohio. I don't really have a home course but the two I play the most are probably Skyland Pines and The Sanctuary

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I moved to Ohio from NC after graduating form college and miss year round golf in NC. I love the summers can be a little less hot than NC.

6. What do you do for a living? I work in Supply Chain Finance

7. How’d you pick your user name? 3 putts 4 life 😕

• Like 3

WITB

Driver: Looking👀

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 910

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Fly-Z

Irons: :callaway-small: Rogue Pro 4-A

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Black MG2 54, 58

Putter: :bettinardi-small:

1. I have been playing steady for about 20 yrs (more then 4-5 times/yr)

2. Hdcp is 9-11 depending on week :), Have shot a 73 (par 72) and several mid 70's (I know I have the game just can't be consistent)

1. There is no ONE true answer, you have to constantly muss with it.

2. It's you VS the course, no team, no one else to blame, just you

1. Saw a post about testing gear, I used to do reviews for High end PC components and love golf to so why not...  I read some of the forum posts and thought, my kind of place 🙂

2. I don't :(.

1. St. Joseph, MI, about 30 minutes north of the center of all evil, some people call it Notre Dame...

2. Sadly, it was Berrien Hills GC in Benton Harbor, MI (now closed), no home course this yr.

1. The spring and fall golf is the best in the country (imho)

2. The season is way to damn short...

1. Network Engineer

1. Nickname from most of my golf buddies

• Like 4

Driver - PXG Gen 1 - 12 Deg (@ 11 Deg / Miyazaki Kaula Stiff / EvenFlow 5.5 / Mitsu Tensei Stiff)  pxg.png.e7e044fd4bf4420da9b5f34ce0988283.png

3 Wood - Mixuno ST-190 (Miyazaki Kaula Stiff)  Mizuno.png.d759d0a0cbba25ebc7dc911fcb0d12f4.png

5 Hybrid - Honma TW747 (Vizard / Stiff)  Honma.png.20fa540f5a217d7146a7a16ae3b12bac.png

6-PW - Mizuno JPX-919 HM / Nipon NS Pro Reg  Mizuno.png.d759d0a0cbba25ebc7dc911fcb0d12f4.png

G/S/L - Mizuno JPX 919 Forged / Nipon NS Pro Stiff  Mizuno.png.d759d0a0cbba25ebc7dc911fcb0d12f4.png

1. How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing golf for about 20 years now, got started in college.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?  I don't carry an official handicap but the Grint says I'm between 11-13 and usually shoot in the mid 80's.  Still trying to break that elusive 80.

3. What do you love about golf?  I enjoy the challenge of trying to break 80, the social aspect and also the quiet morning rounds.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I've been following the podcasts and decided to check out the forums.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in a small town about 65 miles west of Chicago where cornfields meet suburbs..

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best things are cost, many courses don't charge a ton, but with that I don't usually get to play very nice courses without some travel.

7. What do you do for a living?  I'm a CAD drafter for a Civil Engineering Firm but a jack of all trades, do surveying, building of office computers, etc

8. How’d you pick your user name?  I've had it for ever.  Trmpt because I play the trumpet and 98 for graduation.

• Like 3

Cobra F9 9 deg with Project X HZRDUS Black stiff

Bridgestone JGR 3W with UST Mamiya V2 stiff

Bridgestone JGR 3H/4H with Graphite Design AD DI stiff

Bridgestone JGR HF2 5-AW with Nippon Modus 3 120 stiff

Callaway MD4 54 deg with Modus 3 120 stiff

Callaway 58 deg PM Grind with Nippon Modus 3105 stiff

Scotty Cameron Squareback Select

Bridgestone Tour BRX

Golf Pride MCC +4 Align Grips

Bag Boy Chiller Hybrid stand bag on a Clicgear 3.0

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing golf since I was about 12 and started to be serious in college. My scores are really dictated on my driver but usually 85-100

2. What do you love about golf? I love being outside and the mental aspect of the game. It is a very humbling game and it is you vs the course (1v1).

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Love the content that MyGolfSpy puts out and love data driven decisions

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I currently live in northeast Ohio. I don't really have a home course but the two I play the most are probably Skyland Pines and The Sanctuary

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I moved to Ohio from NC after graduating form college and miss year round golf in NC. I love the summers can be a little less hot than NC.

6. What do you do for a living? I work in Supply Chain Finance

7. How’d you pick your user name? 3 putts 4 life

Welcome, there are a bunch of guys here from northeast Ohio.. Keep an eye out for our gatherings. Next one coming up is September 12th. At Catawba Island Club.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing golf since I was 13 or 14, 39 now.

2. What do you love about golf? Being outdoors, the camaraderie, also being solitary when desired.  The chance to just go do your own things and work on something and see results

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love the reviews and unbiased testing.  I do not believe I know any other spies

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am originally from Victoria BC, Canada.  Live in Fort Wayne IN, and my home course is Pine Valley Country Club in Fort Wayne.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  We have a super short gold season.  Back home in BC, we can pretty much play year round.  Lots of affordable public courses in the area is a positive aspect I like about golf in the midwest.

6. What do you do for a living? I am a retired professional hockey player and now working as a mortgage banker

7. How’d you pick your user name?  my long time nickname and the year I graduated Dartmouth, my Alma Mater 

Welcome!! Also from Fort Wayne on the south side of town; usually play colonial oaks or foster park if I don’t want to travel far.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

Posted (edited)
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I took up golf for the first time at 31 years old. Now I'm 66 so it's been 35 years. What’s your handicap or normal score? My handicap is 12

2. What do you love about golf? I love the chance to hang out with my friends and play, just like little boys do. I love the challenge of the game: Can I manage my mind during the round and keep from making too many mental mistakes? Can I improve my skills? Can I prepare myself for the unexpected?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I enjoy the reviews and the user community. Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know anyone else, but many people have been welcoming and friendly.

4. Where are you from? Columbus Ohio What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Columbus has a lot of very good golf courses and with even the very elite courses there is usually a way to get on. There are many gems including several Donald Ross, Robert Trent Jones and Pete Dye courses. Of course Jack Nicklaus is from Columbus so there are several Nicklaus courses.

6. What do you do for a living? I just retired after working in cybersecurity.

7. How’d you pick your user name? From The Godfather.

Edited by TaketheCannoli
  • Like 5

It looks like a good day to play golf!

On 7/12/2020 at 6:31 PM, Movaltl said:

I have been retired for 3 years. Have been a lifelong runner, enjoy travel trailer camping with my wife, woodworking and gardening.

Have been playing consistently since 2007, but on and off since college. My handicap in my senior golf league is currently 19.

The infinite challenge, the discipline and the practice.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?
    I am attracted to data and information grounded in integrity.

I have been living in the Indianapolis area for 13 years, in Carmel, IN for the past 4 years. I play Brookshire and senior league at Sahm the most.

Best: the quality and cost of the courses in the area
    Worst: the weather (I lived in San Diego for 30+ years 🙂)

I am a retired exercise physiologist. I managed exercise professional certification programs for the last 25 years of my work life.

I am a proponent of physical activity.

Fishers guy here.   Welcome.  I work in Carmel and tend to play many of the courses there and just many in the area as you mentioned.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

1. How long have you been playing golf? I took up golf for the first time at 31 years old. Now I'm 66 so it's been 35 years. What’s your handicap or normal score? My handicap is 12

2. What do you love about golf? I love the chance to hang out with my friends and play, just like little boys do. I love the challenge of the game: Can I manage my mind during the round and keep from making too many mental mistakes? Can I improve my skills? Can I prepare myself for the unexpected?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I enjoy the reviews and the user community. Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know anyone else, but many people have been welcoming and friendly.

4. Where are you from? Columbus Ohio What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Columbus has a lot of very good golf courses and with even the very elite courses there is usually a way to get on. There are many gems including several Donald Ross, Robert Trent Jones and Pete Dye courses. Of course Jack Nicklaus is from Columbus so there are several Nicklaus courses.

6. What do you do for a living? I just retired after working in cybersecurity.

7. How’d you pick your user name? From The Godfather.

Our Northern Ohio get together is only a couple of hours away from Columbus. You should consider coming. Sept 12th at Catawba Island Club.

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

16 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Our Northern Ohio get together is only a couple of hours away from Columbus. You should consider coming. Sept 12th at Catawba Island Club.

Thanks Tony! If you don't mind taking on another short hitting old guy, I'll plan on it.

• Like 2

It looks like a good day to play golf!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been "trying" to play golf for 25-30 years. It began going to the course and riding in the cart with my grandfather. Back then, they most owned their own carts, stored them at the course etc... I began to actually play a bit as a teen for fun, but never got too much into it. I've since been a guy that plays in several outings / scrambles every year and I have finally decided to commit to getting better and playing the game. I don't have a handicap and haven't shot a round for a few years. I would be lucky to break 50 though. Without sounding too conceited, I am naturally athletic and excelled at baseball, so I am constantly fighting with my grip and going back and forth between a baseball and interlock. 

What do you love about golf?

I honestly struggled a bit with the question. As frustrated as I get, I believe I love the challenge the most. Also, the reward or feeling of hitting a great shot....there is nothing like it. This is a TOUGH game / sport and success doesn't come easily. The other aspect I like is just the camaraderie of friends or family when playing. Whether it be a scramble or just a few buddies enjoying a cigar and maybe a frosty beverage having a good time. The last is that my girlfriend is getting into golf so it will also be time we can spend together. I am really looking forward to this as well!

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I do not know of anyone personally on here. However, I bet that I do. I came here because I am that geek that loves to research research and research. My girlfriend laughs at me about it, but at the same time gets frustrated. I can't ever make a decision to buy something without first researching it. I feel I could potentially be an asset here and would love the opportunity to test things.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from East Central / North East Ohio. I work in one are and live in another 😂. I don't have a home course (yet), but there will be many to choose from near me....Zoar Village, Wilkshire and Oak Shadows to name a few.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Again, a hard one to answer as someone who hasn't played too much. Being in our area, obviously the worst thing is the weather and the amount of time per year we can play.

What do you do for a living?

I am a fire fighter (Captain) and a union officer for my local and state association. 

How’d you pick your user name?

It's my name along with my IAFF local number, which means a lot to me. 

• Like 3

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 10.5* - Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Fairway Wood: :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* - Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS2 19.0* - Tensei AV Blue 70HY S

Irons 5-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal - Pro Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges::mizuno-small: T-20 54 | 58 |  M-Grind - Nippon Modus 105 

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B MidBlade Black - Gravity Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: 

1 hour ago, CWilson216 said:

Zoar Village, Wilkshire and Oak Shadows to name a few.

You're near Canton then. sort of? Check out this thread: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38761-ohio-spies-outing-this-month-june-update/ if you're interested, there's a bunch of us heading up to Catawba Island to do some carnage to @tony@CIC's course next month.

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

38 minutes ago, MattF said:

You're near Canton then. sort of? Check out this thread: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38761-ohio-spies-outing-this-month-june-update/ if you're interested, there's a bunch of us heading up to Catawba Island to do some carnage to @tony@CIC's course next month.

Yes sir, Just south of Canton by 20-30 min. Not sure a hack would be welcomed on that trip lol. I'll send you a PM though with some other questions maybe! Thank You! 

• Like 2

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 10.5* - Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Fairway Wood: :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* - Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS2 19.0* - Tensei AV Blue 70HY S

Irons 5-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal - Pro Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges::mizuno-small: T-20 54 | 58 |  M-Grind - Nippon Modus 105 

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B MidBlade Black - Gravity Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: 

38 minutes ago, MattF said:

Huh ho I guess I'd better let the club know they need to have 2 sand bottles in every cart for the 12th for all of those divots you guys will be taking. . 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

2 hours ago, CWilson216 said:

I have been "trying" to play golf for 25-30 years. It began going to the course and riding in the cart with my grandfather. Back then, they most owned their own carts, stored them at the course etc... I began to actually play a bit as a teen for fun, but never got too much into it. I've since been a guy that plays in several outings / scrambles every year and I have finally decided to commit to getting better and playing the game. I don't have a handicap and haven't shot a round for a few years. I would be lucky to break 50 though. Without sounding too conceited, I am naturally athletic and excelled at baseball, so I am constantly fighting with my grip and going back and forth between a baseball and interlock. 

I honestly struggled a bit with the question. As frustrated as I get, I believe I love the challenge the most. Also, the reward or feeling of hitting a great shot....there is nothing like it. This is a TOUGH game / sport and success doesn't come easily. The other aspect I like is just the camaraderie of friends or family when playing. Whether it be a scramble or just a few buddies enjoying a cigar and maybe a frosty beverage having a good time. The last is that my girlfriend is getting into golf so it will also be time we can spend together. I am really looking forward to this as well!

I do not know of anyone personally on here. However, I bet that I do. I came here because I am that geek that loves to research research and research. My girlfriend laughs at me about it, but at the same time gets frustrated. I can't ever make a decision to buy something without first researching it. I feel I could potentially be an asset here and would love the opportunity to test things.

I am from East Central / North East Ohio. I work in one are and live in another 😂. I don't have a home course (yet), but there will be many to choose from near me....Zoar Village, Wilkshire and Oak Shadows to name a few.

Again, a hard one to answer as someone who hasn't played too much. Being in our area, obviously the worst thing is the weather and the amount of time per year we can play.

I am a fire fighter (Captain) and a union officer for my local and state association. 

How’d you pick your user name?

It's my name along with my IAFF local number, which means a lot to me. 

Welcome - you're in good company here. We all probably spend way more time researching golf topics than other golfers. If you're interested in meeting up with other spies, we have room for a couple more at our outing September 12th. Here's the updated thread on the event. 

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

Posted (edited)
  1. How long have you been playing golf?  What’s your handicap or normal score?  On and off for more than 30 years, had a couple work related injuries that took me away from the game on multiple occasions.  Haven’t had an official handicap for several years, was once as low as 11 but I’m sure nowhere near that right now. Currently back down into the low-mid 90’s with an occasional 88 or 89.

2. What do you love about golf?  The camaraderie among players, the peacefulness of the course, the individual nature of the game and its... eh... “challenges”!!!  Mostly it is my connection with my father who loved and introduced me to the game when I was young.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  Do you already know any other Spies?  Always been a research to the extreme guy, so love all the insights and opinions. Like that MyGolfSpy makes it possible to speak intelligently with others about many aspects of the game.  Guessing I could know one or two judging by how many are also from this area, but otherwise no.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Greater Chicago area. Currently split time between Illinois & Florida. Illinois home course probably Whisper Creek if any. Florida is Palmer Legends.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  LOTS of playing options, many very nice courses. Never to difficult to get a tee time. Not much to complain about except weather or playing season like other have said.  

6. What do you do for a living? Law Enforcement Executive 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just a mix I’ve used for years

Edited by Joemiper
  • Like 2

I started golfing about 19 years ago when my twins were born,   I was travelling playing softball up to 7 days a week at the time and my wife put the kabosh on that so I needed an excuse to get out with the guys.   My current handicap is around 18.  I know i can do better but always have that one  blow-up hole!!

I'm competitive and love the challenge of me against the course.   I love being outdoors and it lets me get exercise while doing something I love to do.   It also gives me an outlet for work related stress, as odd as that sounds because some say golf causes the stress. 🙂  but it works for me.     Love spending time with friends and meeting new people as well.   

I saw some golf club reviews online once and have been following for about 2 years now.   Love the fact that they are not sponsored by the big brands and are unbiased in their testing.   No Fake News here!!!!

I live in NE Wisconsin.   I like golfing all over but tend to spend most of my time at River's Island golf course in Oconto Falls because its close to home and there are many good people there.   

There are surprisingly many options close by and they are reasonably priced.  I think the biggest downfall is a relatively short season and due to the brutal climate, the courses can take a beating. 

Engineering manager for a packaging company

Had the user name for years...   savored the goodness of many a Busch Lattes over the years... 

• Like 2

I dabbled in golf in mid teens and 20's, playing with older brothers.  Then in 2008 started playing with a guy who started at my place of work, and been playing as much as possible since.  Including rounds in mid winter here in northeast ohio, as long as there is no snow on the ground.  Normal score is 80-84.

I enjoy the challenge of different courses. Played alot of tennis, and got bored with court was always the same size, and that eventually how I attempted to construct every point varied very little.  Enjoy the variety.

I read an article that I think was posted here about slow play from last year.  Saw the MyGolfSpy, and checked it out.  Don't know anyone.

Born and raised in the snowbelt, of northeast Ohio. Don't really have a home course, but my group lay a lot at Madison CC, Powderhorn, and Hemlock Springs locally here.

From previous answer.  SNOW.  Many years don't see the grass from December through late march, and if you do its often single digit temperatures.

I am a retired policeman.

•  
  • Like 3

Driver: :nike-small:VR Pro

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: E12 Soft Yellow