TESTERS WANTED! ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been playing since 14 but was also playing baseball from then until 30 so golf was always backseat maybe played 4 to fives times a year plus a couple of scrambles for the last 4 years I have been grinding down from 15 to 5 normal score is probably 75

What do you love about golf?

Well now it's just an addiction and a chance to get the competitive juices going. Always trying to get better.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Just a place to talk more about golf. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

From cincinnati ohio home course is Bel-Wood Country Club and current Club Champion

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Seasons would be the worst part of golf in the region I love firm fairways and greens and it hard to get that in Ohio. My dad put in a HD Golf simulator 2 years ago so I have not gone more than 2 weeks without swinging since then.

What do you do for a living?

Production Planning for manufacturing company

How’d you pick your user name

Solely based off my love for the dodgers

Edited by DodgerBlue27

:callaway-small: Paradym Triple Diamond 9.5° ProLaunch Red 65 X-stiff

:srixon-small:  MKII 18° DI KBS tour 135 X-stiff 

:callaway-small: 4-pw X forged CB - KBS tour 135 X-stiff 

:callaway-small: 52, 56, 60 - Jaws S-grind kbs tour V125 stiff

:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Seven 

:vice: Pro Plus Red 

1. I've been playing golf for about 15 years, although didn't play much throughout my twenties due to being a poor student. My handicap is currently 3.4 and my goal is scratch

2. I love being out in nature, hanging out with buddies, and enjoying the beautiful weather. I also love being competitive against myself and pushing myself to get better.

3. I saw a bunch of their reviews online on my road to becoming a better golfer and the more I dug into it, the more I love this website! My friends are all aware of it but I'm the only contributing member in my group. 

4. I'm from Hamilton, Ontario Canada. We currently have a membership at Mystic Golf Course near my house which is fun course with a lot of unique holes. I love that it makes you hit every club in your bag. 

5. The best thing is the Spring excitement and getting out for your first rounds of the year with the whole summer to look forward to. The worst is seeing the season come to an end and knowing you won't be able to play for 4-5 months. 

6. I was a GM but currently between roles. 

7. This was my username in University and so I've adopted it full time. 

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Edited by Wieskemp

Driver:   Stealth 9* w/ XS Hzrdus Smoke Black
Fairway:  Stealth 3W 15* w/ XS Hzrdus Smoke Black
Irons:   

• P790 2 Iron w/ XS Hzrdus Smoke Black
  • P790 4-6 Iron w/ Project X
  • P770 7-AW XS w/ Project X 

Wedge:   MG3 56* and 60*
Putter:  35" Spider GT Splitback

A big shout out to all you new Midwest forum members. Welcome. I trust you'll find the forums as enjoyable and informative as I have. Welcome aboard.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Started playing about 20 years ago, played on our schools mid school and high school golf team. Then stopped playing till about 6 years ago, but have really started getting into it are trying to get better the last 2 years. 18 Birdies has me at an 18 handicap. Typically shoot between 93-98 best ever was 87. 

Love getting outside and socializing with some buddies. Competing against yourself to get better. Love scramble events! 

I have read articles on here for years, tons of club reviews. Just decided to join and through my hat in for some product testing and talk golf. I don't know anyone else on here. 

Wisconsin Dells Area, not a member anywhere. I play a lot of different courses, local and up to 2 hrs away. Always trying to find hot deals haha.  Favorite local course: Trappers Turn!

Winter is the worst part here. Spring and fall golf are the best. Lots of beautiful courses here as well.

Sales Manager for an equipment manufacturer.

How’d you pick your user name?

Just my last name and favorite #. Steve Yzerman! 

Driver Ping G415, Irons Ping i525, Wedges Volkey 54 & 58, Putter Scotty Cameron Phantom 8.5 

21 hours ago, barney19 said:

Started playing about 20 years ago, played on our schools mid school and high school golf team. Then stopped playing till about 6 years ago, but have really started getting into it are trying to get better the last 2 years. 18 Birdies has me at an 18 handicap. Typically shoot between 93-98 best ever was 87. 

Love getting outside and socializing with some buddies. Competing against yourself to get better. Love scramble events! 

I have read articles on here for years, tons of club reviews. Just decided to join and through my hat in for some product testing and talk golf. I don't know anyone else on here. 

Wisconsin Dells Area, not a member anywhere. I play a lot of different courses, local and up to 2 hrs away. Always trying to find hot deals haha.  Favorite local course: Trappers Turn!

Winter is the worst part here. Spring and fall golf are the best. Lots of beautiful courses here as well.

Frickin Steve Yzerman, stealing our playoff series, and now stealing our players. 😂  Wrong conference now... can't hurt us as much.

Welcome anyway!

Driver: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png G20

3W: cobra2.png.60653951979ca617ca859530a17d0a2d.png King Speedzone (adj loft +1.5 to 16 deg) 

Irons: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png i200 (3 thru PW & UW)

Wedge: Ray Cook 60 deg

Putter: Spalding TP Mills 3

Tech: golfshot.png.5c17c64b9425413b3bf24668ce3fa044.png on Apple Watch & phone

Hi All!

Been playing since the pandemic, so about 4 years now. My scores are terrible, but my handicap improves every year. Working to be consistently at 90.

What do you love about golf? Competition against friends and myself. Get to be outside. Love it.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I need advice, and I always come here first. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? Michigan and Minnesota. Anywhere cheap or last minute tee times. Not retired yet so still got to fit golf in between kids, work, and wife. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? It closed for half the year! We get real grass driving ranges, and there are domes and simulators for the winter. 

What do you do for a living? Corporate drone

How’d you pick your user name? Pizza, baby.

-Golf. Ski. Pizza. Family. 

9 hours ago, HikingMike said:

Frickin Steve Yzerman, stealing our playoff series, and now stealing our players. 😂  Wrong conference now... can't hurt us as much.

Welcome anyway!

Haha it looked like Steve returned the favor with Vrana, but that didn't last to long. 

Driver Ping G415, Irons Ping i525, Wedges Volkey 54 & 58, Putter Scotty Cameron Phantom 8.5 

Welcome @barney19 from the area where Steve Y. both played and now is the GM.

There are some members here that reside close to your area, @GolfSpy_KFT comes to mind, and I will be in that area in the July timeframe this year for a week.

Great forum, both from a people and subject matter perspective, so look around at the various topics and feel free to participate with the rest of us. 

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

On 3/27/2024 at 2:26 PM, barney19 said:

Hit me up this summer! I’m a member at Reedsburg CC!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

1 hour ago, barney19 said:

Haha it looked like Steve returned the favor with Vrana, but that didn't last to long. 

Vrana… uhhh did not work out. Give us Perron back and we’ll call it even. 

Driver: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png G20

3W: cobra2.png.60653951979ca617ca859530a17d0a2d.png King Speedzone (adj loft +1.5 to 16 deg) 

Irons: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png i200 (3 thru PW & UW)

Wedge: Ray Cook 60 deg

Putter: Spalding TP Mills 3

Tech: golfshot.png.5c17c64b9425413b3bf24668ce3fa044.png on Apple Watch & phone