TESTERS WANTED! ×

North Central: ND, SD, NE, IA, CO, KS, MO

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

What's up MGS - this is James from Carbon - Wanted to join up and contribute. Not really sure if I will be accepted here because I am one of the three founders of Carbon Putters - But, thought I would give it a try. If I get kicked out, no big deal. Not here to self promote, I know this is one of the spots my fellow golf degenerates dwell and thought I would join up. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Started playing competitive at 9, not long after I started playing at all. My handicap is a +1, I play my home course great, so my handicap does not travel all that well though. 

2. What do you love about golf? Mostly the friends made, the relationships built. I even married a cart girl!  I like practicing just as much as playing. It's a great escape now, it used to be my competitive outlet. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I do know some spies! Got to meet Tony at a Nike industry event, Got to know Barbajo at that same event. Known Adam even before he revealed his identity. Recently met Chis. Kinda strange, the forum members I know are from being our valued customers at Carbon -  but have had a chance to get to know a few of the people who work so hard on the site. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Denver, grew up playing South Suburban GC. Public course rat. Fortunate to have played in the CGA for years who books some really nice courses in Colorado. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Pretty short season really, the weather is better than you would think but the course conditions are not awesome for all that long. Denver is honestly not that great of a golf town if we are being honest, it is really expensive to play for not the highest quality of tracks. Best thing is the lack of humidity, can play when it is really hot and not be that miserable. 

6. What do you do for a living? Sell metal

7. How’d you pick your user name? Well... 

Edited by CarbonPutters

Welcome to the best golf forum around.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

As an organic chemist, carbon putters just speak to me 😉

Love the look of the kid model!

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I didn't really start playing until shortly after I got out of high school. I'm 68 now. There was a period of time when I played and practiced a lot, but then life got in the way. I'm hoping that I'll be playing more this year if my back holds up. I'm typically a bogie golfer.

What do you love about golf?

There is a lot to love about golf. I love the fact that anyone can become a very good golfer if the desire is there. I love to practice. I love that golf is a game where honesty and integrity are really at the foundation of the sport. While I sometimes don't even bother to keep score, if I'm playing a round for a few bucks or a round of beers, I ALWAYS keep an honest score and play by the rules (just like our President).  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Just looking for a place where I can ask questions and hear what others have to offer. I don't know any spies (yet).

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I grew up in Northern California and now live in Lakewood, Colorado. I play most often at the Applewood Golf Course in Golden. It's really not a very good track and the pace of play can be horrific. However, it's close to home and it's relatively cheap. How's that for a glowing review?

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Golf in Colorado is seasonal and generally a little pricey. There are some great mountain courses, but it's quite a drive to get to most of them.

What do you do for a living?

Semi-retired and I do some internet marketing.

How’d you pick your user name?

The name I wanted was taken so this one just kind of appeared.

Interesting that you guys @CarbonPutters and @putting4birds mention CO being expensive for golf. I'm a newer golfer (6 years or so) and have only played in CO ( and a few vacation resorts) so I dont have a frame of reference on pricing. I havent played Applewood but those greens at South Suburban can get you! I mostly play the Denver/Aurora city courses and down in Castle Rock. 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing for about 7 years now.  I am about a 16 HCP.

2. What do you love about golf?  It is challenging, there is always something you can improve on, it is a game that I can play until I die.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Just saw a bunch of links to it from r/Golf so I thought I would join.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I'm grew up in KS and am about to move back in about 2 weeks.  In the past 7 years I have lived in the Panhandle of Florida; Augusta, GA; and currently live in the Sand Hills of NC about an hour from Pinehurst.  I've never joined a club because I love to try and play all the courses in the area I live in.  In Florida I played the San Destin courses a lot.  In Augusta I played all over.  In NC I play everywhere but my favorite course would have to be Tobacco Road because I don't think there is another course like it on Earth.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  I live in the Birthplace of American Golf, there are so many great courses with in an hours drive to include Pinehurst, Tobacco Road, Tot Hill Farm, Pine Needles.  You can play year round but the summers are very very humid.

6. What do you do for a living?  I am in transitioning from the Army and will be attending college back home in Kansas.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Graduated from KU (Jayhawks) and Served about 8 years in the Army.

Edited by armyhawk9

How long have you been playing golf? I started playing golf when I was 19 so 21 years.

What’s your handicap or normal score? I play to mid  80's

What do you love about golf? I love meeting new people, the personal challenge of individual play, and being outside.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I found the site a couple of years ago I don't remember how I found it.

Do you already know any other Spies? Not really

Where are you from? Currently in Madison, SD - Grew up in Eastern South Dakota, moved around a few places and different states, but back in the area recently

What is your home course? Madison Golf and Country Club Golf Course

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Well, it's April and we are in a blizzard.  The season is short and the weather in the spring is very unpredictable.

What do you do for a living?

How’d you pick your user name? It was school i went to

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged     :cleveland-small: Wedges   :taylormade-small: M1 Driver   Tour Edge E7 Beta 3 wood and hybrid   :taylormade-small: Putter

• 3 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing since I could hold plastic clubs in my hands.  My handicap is 11.6, though that is based on 3+ years worth of rounds. I didn't get many handicap rounds in last year (two that I can think of).  So it may be a bit higher in real life.

2. What do you love about golf?  The mental game and short game.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Content.  Particularly content that isn't the "sales talking points" that I can read on the price tag at any golf store.  I do know some others on here.  This isn't my first golf forum, so I know some from other locales.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  South central Iowa.  All I'll say about my home course is that it is such a goat track, that it is not even USGA rated.  Comes in at a par 31, 2400 yard course, unless you play the short tee on #1, then its more like 2250 yards.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  I have one 18 hole course within 60 minutes of where I live, and even it is 38 minutes away.  So golf is kind of limited where I am.  That said, 5 days of the week, I can go to my course after work, and I'll be the only one out there.  The entire course is my practice facility.  It also makes it a great place for my kids to learn to play the game.

6. What do you do for a living? Attorney.

7. How’d you pick your user name? That's a good question, but I'd say mostly for consistency.

~Rock

Hey Everyone,

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 13.0, been playing off and on for 20+ years. Recently consistently getting 1-2 rounds a week

2. What do you love about golf? Enjoy getting time to hang with buddies. Have a few beers and stick a few shots close. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Reviews, interaction with like minded individuals.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Minnesota. Currently playing around Fargo, ND

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? WIND and short season. Summer months are beautiful though.

6. What do you do for a living? Business Sales for telecommunication company

7. How’d you pick your user name? Nickname from high school and random number. 

Edited by Topher178

Hello,

I just stumbled across this forum because of my nightly YouTube viewing. I loved the Ball test and the reviews. I lilve in the St. Louis area and have 3 daughters. My oldest is 7 and she is becoming quite the little player. My 6 yo is starting to show some interest as well. I recently got the the go ahead from the boss to convert our garage into a golf training facility of sorts. Nets, simulator, green. THis should be fun.I am looking forward to getting some insight and ideas from this forum. 

Tom

IMG_20190506_164056.jpg

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 9.5 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Fairway: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 15 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3i (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Irons: Callaway X Hot Pro 4 - AW (Rifle 6.0)

Wedges: Ben Hogan 54, 58 (DG S300)

Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde White Hot Pro #9 (Golf pride tour SNSR)

Whats up fellas.

How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing for about 25 years. However, I took about a 7 year hieatus after college. I still played acouple times a year but nothing like what I did before.

What’s your handicap or normal score? When I was coaching high school golf (and we did not have kids) I would regulary shoot low to mid 70's with an occasional round that snuck into the 60's. THese days, it really depends on who shows up. So far this year, I have shot as low as 72 and as high as 93. However, most of my rounds have been in the mid to high 70s. I put a 5 in my profile, but to be honest I havent really kept a handicap in years. It is rough guess but based upon my last 5 scores, my calcualtor says I am a 1.8. I am not sure if I believe that . hahaha

What do you love about golf? It souunds cliche but it is one of the few things that you do not have to be good at to really enjoy. Each day brings a new challenge and opportunity. I have met some great people on the golf course and I have met some real ass hats too. Golf really is a great reflection of life in general. I rea

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? YouTube videos. I liked the unbiased reviews and the use of scientific methods, data collection and analysis to really give us viable information. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? We currently live in the Saint Louis area. We do not belong to a club at this time but we are considering a couple of options when our youngest gets out of daycare.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I am a positive guy so, I would say that the pros really outweigh the cons. We have a lot of golf available and therefore a lot of people to talk golf with. The are seems to be enjoying a spike in golf interest as of late. This has to be due in large part to having just hosted the PGA Championship at Bellrieve. (I live across the street from there. It was pretty cool.) Junior golf has been really growing as of late as well. THis has has a huge impact of overall golf culture for an area. I really hope that this trend continues. We are also within driving distance of many great golf courses and weekend destination spots such as The Lake of the Ozarks, Rend Lake, Table Rock Lake, etc.

The only drawback would be our weather. It is so tempermental. Summers are extremely hot and it can be tough to get early tee times. 

What do you do for a living? I am a middle school science teacher

How’d you pick your user name?  Just went with what I was born with. I may change it later when I am feeling a bit more creative.

Here is a video of my 7 yo putting in my disaster of a basement. (We are currently going through a remodel forgive the nightmare.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B__5XX6emgJwWnNlV0pNdkFJUFFyQ0N1U0lkUk44czRyS1lN/view?usp=sharing

IMG_20190506_164056.jpg

FB_IMG_1557253072154.jpg

Edited by Tom Hale

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 9.5 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Fairway: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 15 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3i (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Irons: Callaway X Hot Pro 4 - AW (Rifle 6.0)

Wedges: Ben Hogan 54, 58 (DG S300)

Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde White Hot Pro #9 (Golf pride tour SNSR)

1. I have been playing golf since I was about 5 or 6 years old. My dad bought me my first set and I spent a lot of time at the range before I was allowed on the course. Once I get going in the season I shoot on average 80-85. I start slow and by mid summer I’m back to my usual score. 

2.  I love getting to spend time with friends and family on the course. Golf allows a lot of time to talk to the people I love and let’s be honest exchange some words with the guy upstairs. The golf course is also a beautiful place to be. It allows me to spend some time outside, get some sun, and see the beautiful nature around me. I just wish I could afford to play more often. I spend a lot of time at the practice green and range though. 

3. I love that MGS helps the people. The companies all want us to believe their marketing and MGS puts it to the test. I also hope to become a tester and help others out the way MGS has helped me. 

4. I’m originally from Wichita, KS and my home course was Tex Consolver. I moved recently to Topeka and have not found a home course yet, still looking and open to suggestions. 

5. The best things about golf here in Kansas is there are a lot of options for playing. There are plenty of courses of varying length, difficulty, cost, you name it. The worst thing about golf in Kansas is the wind. The wind and I have a love hate relationship. When it’s behind me I love it. Any other direction and we have a problem. 

6. I am a child therapist at a local CMHC.

7. To be honest I couldn’t think of anything super creative at the time. Can’t go wrong with a classic though. 

38A22C08-4FC9-4ACB-8F36-C2FE82B2D901.jpeg

On 2/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: North Central Region

North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri

1. How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing golf since i was about 12 or 13 with my friends dad's clubs or whatever i could find back then.  First set was when i got married an bought some Wilson 1200's. What’s your handicap or normal score? Don't have a verified handicap.  I would say i am a 10-15.  Shoot upper 70's on my home course....anywhere else, like on a golf trip i am in the 80's.  

2. What do you love about golf?  The challenge to get better, which is harder as i get older.  Trying to improve the things that make a difference at 52.  Short game putting.  I know my drives aren't going to get longer!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Love the reviews of equipment.  I am the guy who buys the stuff 2 or 3 years after it comes out.  Do you already know any other Spies? No. 

4. Where are you from? Mason City, Iowa.  What is your home course?  Highland Park

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Weather and Weather, so unpredictable, winter lasts too long.  

6. What do you do for a living?  Work at a TV station, 29 years and counting.  

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Huge Minnesota Twins fan.  

Driver :taylormade-small:  M2 9.5 deg. Tensei CK Series Blue 50 Stiff

3 Wood :callaway-small: Steel Head Tensei CK Series Blue Reg.

Hybrids :taylormade-small: M2 3-4H - Reg.

Irons :taylormade-small: M2 5-PW Reg. Steel

Wedges :titelist-small: 52* 56* Vokey SM4 Black

Putter :odyssey-small: Versa White Hot RX #7  35 inch SuperStroke Slim 3.0

Ball  VICE Tour

Oh boy a fellow spy from my neck of the woods! Welcome to the greatest place on the net!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Hi, my name is Ronny357 and I am located in Omaha, NE.  

• Home Course is public courses but have access to most of the private clubs
  • Handicap - 8
  • Worst thing about golf in my region is the weather
  • Joined Golfspy due to looking for new clubs and interested in the comparisons they doing.
  • I am the Dir. of Bus. Dev. / Recruiter for Hybrid RIA with a National footprint.

I am looking forward to replacing my Driver, Fairway woods and wedges in the next few weeks.

Ronny357

Hey MSG world, glad I finally joined so I can hop in on some topics. Love the work they do and have been a follower for years.

Played 7-8 years on various Tours after college golf. I work in the golf industry, I own a small sports Management company, based on mostly golf, charities, hospitality and events. Our company is agnostic, we have contracts with all of the major brands but we supply what our consumer wants. I love that I can come to MSG for unbiased results as I try to help all of our clients and USE true raw data. I am obviously of the opinion that everyone should get fit, but they're results don't lie on what performs the best overall. 

Looking to talk some golf with new friends and some old ones. 

Best,

RG 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, Blake here from Kansas City. 

Grew up in a rural area that didn’t have a course so just played occasionally growing up. Started playing regularly in college and now try to play as much as i can. Currently a 12-13 handicap. Pretty inconsistent, shot a personal best 80(!) a couple weeks ago but wouldn’t be surprised shooting a 95 tomorrow. 

Love that golf is both a physical and mental challenge. Also so many different aspects to the game, amazing feeling when everything is clicking from your driver to putter. Social aspect is also a huge plus, love getting together with friends and playing.

Found MyGolfSpy last year when i was researching new irons. Really like the unbiased and objective approach the site takes to reviewing equipment. Don’t know any spies but looking forward to gaining insight from them! 

Grew up in mid-Missouri but would consider Kansas City the place I really got into golf. Consider Stone Canyon to be my home course  

Weather in Missouri can be unpredictable and unkind to golfers. Potentially long winters and very hot/humid summers. However there seems to be a lot of quality courses at affordable rates. 

Pharmacist 

• 2 weeks later...

1. I have Been playing golf for 6 years now. My handicap is a 5.2 now. 

2. The thing about golf that I love is that there are so many different ways to play and they all have on objective to get it in the hole. 

3. What brings me to golf spy is the unbiased reviews and customers testing them.

4. I am from Kansas City and I play many courses in my area. 

5. Worst is the winter and cold beat the refreshing fall days

1. How long have you been playing, handicap? - 3 years of golfing bliss, 14 handicap. 

2. What do you love about golf? - A purely hit golf ball is intoxicating. I like thinking and obsessing, tinkering, reading, learning... and golf is really hard - so there's always something to improve. And if I am being honest... gear. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? - I figured if I am going to waste my time looking at the same dumb instagram posts over and over, I might was well have my face in my phone looking at stuff I like. Golf stuff is pretty high on that list. I want to meet new people, have discussions, and learn more about the game/gear. I attempt to make putters (CNC aluminum) and have a Skytrak simulator in the basement - so I figured I'd have something interesting to add to the pile.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? - St. Louis, MO. Home course, if I had one, is Forrest Park. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - Worst: weather... and 6 hour Sunday golf rounds. Best: loads of decent public courses, and it's cheap enough to live here I can afford to blow my money on other golf related things.  

6. What do you do for a living? - In short, I direct and produce TV commercials. In long, I own a commercial production company. I write, produce, direct, edit, etc... advertising content. The company is called The Shop Films. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? - The 3 iron is a powerful and unwieldy beast; meant to be respected, loved and revered. I only want to make it proud. 

a. Callaway Apex Pro 16 (Stiff, Standard) Vokey SM7 Wedges (56/60) Titleist 915H

b. Ping G30 (10/Stiff)

c. Right Handed

d. St. Louis, MO (Also, Skytrak Home Simulator)

e. Handicap - 14

1 hour ago, threeiron said:
  1. How long have you been playing, handicap? - 3 years of golfing bliss, 14 handicap. 

2. What do you love about golf? - A purely hit golf ball is intoxicating. I like thinking and obsessing, tinkering, reading, learning... and golf is really hard - so there's always something to improve. And if I am being honest... gear. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? - I figured if I am going to waste my time looking at the same dumb instagram posts over and over, I might was well have my face in my phone looking at stuff I like. Golf stuff is pretty high on that list. I want to meet new people, have discussions, and learn more about the game/gear. I attempt to make putters (CNC aluminum) and have a Skytrak simulator in the basement - so I figured I'd have something interesting to add to the pile.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? - St. Louis, MO. Home course, if I had one, is Forrest Park. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - Worst: weather... and 6 hour Sunday golf rounds. Best: loads of decent public courses, and it's cheap enough to live here I can afford to blow my money on other golf related things.  

6. What do you do for a living? - In short, I direct and produce TV commercials. In long, I own a commercial production company. I write, produce, direct, edit, etc... advertising content. The company is called The Shop Films. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? - The 3 iron is a powerful and unwieldy beast; meant to be respected, loved and revered. I only want to make it proud. 

Greetings from Idaho! Glad you found us and you won't be disappointed-Jump right in  we'll see you out there on the forums-Cheers!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!  I've read MGS for some time but just recently joined the forums 🍻

Miguel%2BAngel%2BJimenez.gif&f=1

Ok, ready...

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - Been playing since I was 6 years old with about a 6 year hiatus during / after college.  8HCI and dropping at the moment.

2. What do you love about golf? - Just about everything, but especially birdies.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - I was looking for another place to scratch my golf itch when I couldn't get to the course 😄 I check the blog once in a while but never ventured to the forums. I don't think I know any other spies 🤔

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? - From Kansas City, typically play my golf at Falcon Valley GC in Lenexa, KS.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - There are some great clubs and courses in the KC area that are fairly reasonable cost.  Worst is easy...winter.

6. What do you do for a living? - Real Estate

7. How’d you pick your user name? - Been a handle of mine for some time now 🙂

Edited by 2PuttThom

default_callaway-small.jpg.5ec8a7857f602eb4509853ce75600a0d.jpg Epic Flash SZ 9* / Diamana 70g Stiff

default_callaway-small.jpg.5ec8a7857f602eb4509853ce75600a0d.jpgDiablo Edge 3W / Proforce V2 XS

default_callaway-small.jpg.5ec8a7857f602eb4509853ce75600a0d.jpgEpic 3H 20* / Recoil 780 ES

default_callaway-small.jpg.5ec8a7857f602eb4509853ce75600a0d.jpgApex Pro 19 4,5 - Apex MB 18 6-PW / PX LZ 6.0 (+.5" 2up)

default_titelist-small.jpg.f6bfc8b3731042040279d8c5fd2a8c59.jpgSM4 60-10, SM 52-08, SM5 48-08

Byron Morgan DH89 / 355G / 35"

RH

• 4 weeks later...
  1. Started young, had the high school/college hiatus, but have been playing regularly (in a league) for 2 years now? 23 handicap, usually in the mid90s - low100s.

2. Golf is a constant challenge, but you have those "miracle shots" that make you feel like a pro and keep coming back.

3. Looking to learn more and improve my game!

4. Live in CO, play all over.

5. Zero complaints - I guess, too many course to choose from with too many beautiful views of the Rockies?

6. I'm a consultant.

7. I've made a divot or two in my day.

• 4 weeks later...

What's up fellow golf addicts.  Just a normal guy checking in from Kansas City, MO.  I know that I don't have any profile information yet, but I'm working on that.  I can't seem to get any of the profile links to work.  Maybe I need a mod to accept me, etc.  Not sure.  Any advice would help. 

Thanks,

Clevnation

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! Love what MGS does for Golf! Been following them on IG for almost a year now and enjoy their content. 

1. I have been playing golf since I was about 8 years old. On and off since then and played in HS and took a break from it while playing baseball in College. Now I play as much as possible for the last 5-6 years. My handicap is a 7.1 and I usually score 76-88 depending on the day (WIND)

2. I love the competitiveness of golf. Not being able to master any part of the game is very intriguing as well, one day you can have the mindset "I figured out my driver!!" and the next day you cannot hit it at all.

3. I started following MGS on IG and liked their insight on not just the equipment but also their followers. They break things down in a technical viewpoint for someone who does not know everything there is about equipment.

4. I am from a small town in NW Oklahoma but recently moved to Wichita. I would say my home course now is Auburn HIlls Golf Course.

5. Best would be the amount of days you can play throughout the year. The worst has to be the WIND~

6. I manage a small Crude Oil Transportation Company out of Oklahoma/Texas.

7. It has been my username since college.

Edited by tkburkes87
Forgot to list my Handicap/normal score
  1. :ping-small: G400 MAX 9° - ALTA S FLEX 55g
  2. :callaway-small: Epic 3 Wood 15° - HZRDUS T800 65g
  3. :ping-small: i25 Rescue 19° - S Flex
  4. :ping-small: i210 black dot - Dynamic Gold 120g S300
  5. image.png.33fb38a8bb6337e7e4c3ee40d13d11d0.png SM6 52°-08 F Grind
  6. image.png.33fb38a8bb6337e7e4c3ee40d13d11d0.png SM6 56°-08 M Grind
  7. image.png.49a56307cccf4065a0c3c23a7af2128c.png ProType 9 - 340g - 35" 
  8. :Snell:  MTB-X
  9. :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 PRO

31 minutes ago, tkburkes87 said:

Hey! Love what MGS does for Golf! Been following them on IG for almost a year now and enjoy their content. 

1. I have been playing golf since I was about 8 years old. On and off since then and played in HS and took a break from it while playing baseball in College. Now I play as much as possible for the last 5-6 years. My handicap is a 7.1 and I usually score 76-88 depending on the day (WIND)

2. I love the competitiveness of golf. Not being able to master any part of the game is very intriguing as well, one day you can have the mindset "I figured out my driver!!" and the next day you cannot hit it at all.

3. I started following MGS on IG and liked their insight on not just the equipment but also their followers. They break things down in a technical viewpoint for someone who does not know everything there is about equipment.

4. I am from a small town in NW Oklahoma but recently moved to Wichita. I would say my home course now is Auburn HIlls Golf Course.

5. Best would be the amount of days you can play throughout the year. The worst has to be the WIND~

6. I manage a small Crude Oil Transportation Company out of Oklahoma/Texas.

7. It has been my username since college.

Ping G400 MAX 9° - ALTA S FLEX 55g

Callaway Epic 3 Wood 15° - HZRDUS T800 65g

Ping i25 Rescue 19° - S Flex

Ping i210 black dot - Dynamic Gold 120g S300

Titleist Vokey SM6 52°-08 F Grind 

Titleist Vokey SM6 56°-08 M Grind 

Odyssey ProType 9 - 340g - 35"

Snell MTB-X

1. :ping-small: G400 MAX 9° - ALTA S FLEX 55g
  2. :callaway-small: Epic 3 Wood 15° - HZRDUS T800 65g
  3. :ping-small: i25 Rescue 19° - S Flex
  4. :ping-small: i210 black dot - Dynamic Gold 120g S300
  5. image.png.33fb38a8bb6337e7e4c3ee40d13d11d0.png SM6 52°-08 F Grind
  6. image.png.33fb38a8bb6337e7e4c3ee40d13d11d0.png SM6 56°-08 M Grind
  7. image.png.49a56307cccf4065a0c3c23a7af2128c.png ProType 9 - 340g - 35" 
  8. :Snell:  MTB-X
  9. :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 PRO

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Spy's,

I am ending my 1st full season playing golf. I am 52 years old. My handicap is 17.7 and Kirksville Missouri is my home course. I hate this game too often, but my competitive side makes me want to improve. I love that "one" shot! It doesn't happen very often, as I tend to fat most shots. I am helping the ball up, I know in my head the club will do the work. Hope to learn a bunch here. Have a great day everyone! 

• 4 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing since college so about 30 years. I usually shoot around 90 give or take.
  2. What do you love about golf? Being outside... challenging myself
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I’ve been on other forums for quite a while. My neighbor, PJ Evans, mentioned this one.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Currently around Denver, CO. I don’t really have a home course yet. Lived in the Dallas/Ft Worth area for 23-ish years. Grew up outside of Joplin, MO.
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - amazing course conditions all spring/summer. Worst - snow/cold limits golfing in fall/winter
  6. What do you do for a living? Engineering Manager
  7. How’d you pick your user name? It’s what I had set up in Tapatalk. I used to be TXBubba everywhere, but that doesn’t work when I live in CO 🙂