Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

North Central: ND, SD, NE, IA, CO, KS, MO

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Hello forum!  My name is Paul.  

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I started hacking away when I was in my early teens (driving range and par 3s) but I didn't start playing with any regularity until I was in my late 20s. According to an app, my handicap is 15.  Depending on the layout and distance of a course, I shoot in the upper 80s on a good day but other days it is in the low 90s.

2. What do you love about golf?  My dad, who is 78, is my golf buddy.  It gives us time to talk without distractions and disruptions.  When I am playing just by myself, I love the solitude.  The phone is off, the cigar is lit, and I can just be present without demands or a to-do list.  Finally, no matter how bad the round, when you hit a shot well, and you see the results, that feeling is addictive.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I do not know any other spies, but I appreciate that the reviews on the site provide another source of information that I can trust is not influenced by advertisers. Also, I appreciate the testing methodology that is stated so I know what aligns best with my game.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I am born and bred in St Louis. I don't have one specific home course, but the one that I play the most is Old Columbia Golf Club which is just across the river in Illinois.  It is an open and forgiving course.  Generally, the players who play there are always courteous and the pace of play is consistent. Rarely has the course been in bad shape, and in warmer winters, you can play into December.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about golf is my region is that there are options throughout the metro area to play.  Rarely do you have to drive more than 10 miles to have an option to play 18 holes.  The worst thing about golf in the region is that most courses with character, uniqueness, or wonderfully scenery is either private or priced out of the average golfer's budget.  Those courses that are in between the general 18 hole layout or the upper echelon require some driving to get to it, and the golfers that play those courses typically are not hospitable nor seem to care about pace of play.

6. What do you do for a living?  I am a proud to say I am a teacher.  I also coach high school football.

7. How’d you pick your user name?   Back in my college days, I was part of an RPG (that's role playing game) group, and Locharion was a memorable character in one of our storylines who just happened to be a dragon.  I liked the name, and I decided to keep it.

Bag: :callaway-small: Diablo Red

Driver: :srixon-small: Z355 (10°)

Fairway Wood: :adams-small: XTD TI (15°)

Hybrids: :srixon-small: AD Hybrid (18°), :cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 4H Hybrid - 22°

Irons: :callaway-small: Diablo Forged Irons (Regular Flex) 5- AW

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 54°, :755178188_TourEdge: 1 Out Sand Wedge 58° 

Putter: :755178188_TourEdge: HP Series Nickel 05  

Ball: :srixon-small:(if new) but usually it is what I can find on the side, in the woods, or what I dig out of a lake with my grabber.

• 3 weeks later...

New member who followed the ESPN article to here.   From Colorado 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• I've been playing this time for five years, skipped 18 when had 3 kids, and played 10 years before.   20 years ago was a 4 handicap and as of September 2019 now again a 4 handicap - new system revised it to 3.7 in 2020 without really playing much.  Too cold

2. What do you love about golf?

• You can always keep peeling the onion of improvement.  When all is good there is a Zen to the game, especially from tee to green to put to hole.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Found this 2 days ago from article in ESPN,  do know at least one other SPY in Connecticut.  When Golf Digest got sued a 5-10 years back they stopped real testing of golf balls - a shame, and lost relevance.  The sport needs real help as you don't really know what the equipment is unless you test it yourself which is difficult to impossible. This is a great effort.  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

• I'm from Colorado.  My home course is a municipal called Ute Creek.  I like though playing all over, belonged as member to club in past and missed the trips and variety.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• I'd say the best thing about golf in this region is that it's relatively affordable and has a reasonable variety of nice courses.  We play year round some years however worst thing is inconsistent weather with good tee times. Sometimes your are lucky and some times you lose out.  

6. What do you do for a living?

• I'm a Practice Manager for a law firm.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

• JK Col - initials and state

Driver - 2023 Callaway Paradym 9.0, 3 Wood -2022 Rogue ST Max, 3 Hybrid Mavrik, 2017 X-forged 4-PW, Wedges Callaway 50-56-60, Putter Odyssey Toulon Chicago     

@JK Col welcome to the site. I am in Colorado Springs. Moved here from Phoenix during the summer and have yet to tee it up since being here. That will change when it warms up a little. Still getting used to this whole winter thing.

WITB

Ping G410 | Titleist TS3 | Srixon Z585 |Cleveland RTX4 | Ping Redwood Piper | Pro V1

• 1 month later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started playing when I went to college 40 years ago. I really had no exposure to the game before then. My current handicap is right around 18. I am the quintessential bogey golfer. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love golf because it is one thing that will always bring my family together. My sons and my wife are all golfers. My wife is my golfing partner.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I like the unbiased reviews and the other information

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Waterloo, Iowa. My home course is Prairie Links Golf Club in Waverly, Iowa. It is a great course, very fair for my wife, great staff and great members. Waterloo's Municipal courses have also gotten a lot of my money over the years.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about golf is the variety of courses that are all within 30 minute drive. Many small towns in Iowa have a course and there are some very unique tracks to play all over the area. Obviously, the weather can be be the biggest opponent to Iowa golf

6. What do you do for a living? I am in management for a business services provider.

7. How’d you pick your user name? I live in Iowa and I am a hacker, 'nuff said.

:callaway-small: Mavrik 9 Degree

image.png.ee19b0f17da7a45faaa30e114f86e3c9.png  Mavrik 4 Wood

image.png.cdd20ffc100c65049392af87e0ae3e49.png  Mavrik 3 Hybrid

image.png.5e6ae6d961fc0d5a2a4e5185f0e0c918.png  Mavrik 4 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: CBX 52 Degree

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole S

:odyssey-small: White Hot #5

• 2 weeks later...

Finally Just joined the forum after being a follower for a while. Excited to hopefully play some golf with fellow spies!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I learned to play when I was young but just got back into the game last year. My handicap isn't official but I'm estimating about a 12 

What do you love about golf?

I always have fun and its a challenging and beautiful game

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

The quality content and unbiased reviews. I don't yet know any other spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Boulder, Colorado. Flatirons Golf Course or whatever is cheap on deal sites locally

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best things are the distance gains from altitude and the nice weather during the season. The worst things are the winters and cold/snow shutting everything down 

What do you do for a living?

I assist eCommerce and third part Amazon sellers with their online businesses and am in school for Data Analytics

How’d you pick your user name?

Initials and favorite numbers 

Right Handed

Driver::taylormade-small: Sim 8 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60

3 Wood: :cobra-small: F9 Speedback 3-4  Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70

2 Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB  Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX 90

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX-5 KBS $-Taper 120

Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 54 and 58 KBS Hi-Rev

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER 1.2

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf since I was 9. I have never been serious about it until the last two years—after I got a fitting and bought my first set of clubs. My handicap is a 15, my goal is the single digits!

2. What do you love about golf? I love pure shots! Hitting a really good iron shot has always been one of my favorite feelings.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been an avid reader and consumer of MGS's research. It was about time to take the next step and join the forums.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Kansas City, MO. I don't have a home course, I a golfing vagabond. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Wanting to golf in the winter and can't—wanting to golf in the summer, but it's almost a 100 with 150% humidity. 

6. What do you do for a living? Self-employed handyman; Spiritual Director; Counseling Psychology student

7. How’d you pick your user name? My name and college football number. And symbol is the deathly hallows from Harry Potter, I use it as my putting marker.

• Driver: Titleist TSr4 8º, Graphite Design Tour AD 6x
  • 3W: Titleist TSi2 13.5º, Project X 8x
  • 2i: Taylormade P790, HZRDOUS 6.0
  • 4i-6i: Mizuno Pro 225, KBS Tour C-Taper 130x
  • 7i-PW: Mizuno Pro 221, KBS Tour C-Taper 130x
  • 50º; 54º; 60º: Mizuno T22
  • Putter: Evnroll Ev 5.1

I’ve been golfing since I was 12 years old. 

i love the competition and friendships that golf brings to all that play it.   

I’ve been playing golf for 49 years. My current handicap is 2.5.

I live in Bismarck, ND, and play most of my golf at Riverwood Golf Course.

I am a Contract Administrator for a regional utility company. 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing golf off and on since I was six years old. I picked it up on a more consistent basis when I was a freshman in college.

What do you love about golf?

I love being outdoors, hitting that one shot that makes you think your practice hasn't been wasted, and the equipment.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

The giveaways, and finding out that was a forum that I could join. I do not know any other Spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I moved to Kansas City, Missouri from Los Angeles, California. My home course is Santa Anita in Arcadia, CA, but I am in the process of finding a new home course.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Haven't lived here long enough to know.

What do you do for a living?

I am a full-time student.

How’d you pick your user name?

It's my first and last name.

Driver - SIM Max - Ventus Black 7X

3W - Ping G410 - Aldila RIP X-Stiff

Hybrids - Ping G410 19&22 - Aldila Tour Green X-Stiff

Irons - Srixon Z785 - Modus 120 X

Wedges - Callaway PM Grind 19' - KBS Tour Stiff

Iron - SIK DW Armlock - Stability Armlock

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - Playing golf for 30 years  - 75-85 typical Score

2. What do you love about golf? - Spend time with friends and enjoy outdoors - always provides and opportunity to get better

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - Always looking for the best information on equipment and what options are out there.   Practice and instruction are the true path to getting better but getting fitted for the right equipment is essential as well

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Omaha, NE - Players Club at Deer Creek

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - you get 3 good seasons of golf and varying conditions which makes it a fun challenge...  I get 1 season that I am forced indoors to my golf simulator

6. What do you do for a living? - Software Sales 

7. How’d you pick your user name? - standard user name

WITB

:ping-small: G410 -  9 degree - Graphite Design DI-IZ

:ping-small: G410 - 3W/5W - Tensei Orange 

:ping-small:- G410 -  23 Hybrid - Graphite Design DI-IZ

PXG - 0311 P 5-W - KBS Tour

:vokey-small: - SM 7 Raw - 50 - 54-58 - KBS HiRev

:cameron-small: - 5.5 M 

:titelist-small: - Pro V1 - #53

I've been playing golf competitively and socially for the last 39 years. I have a +1 handicap shooting par on average. 

I love the internal and external challenge of the never ending search for perfection. It's a gentleman's game, while internally it is a true battle.  

The content, insight and member feedback. 

Bettendorf, IA. just the public courses mostly with an odd round of country club play.

The summer humidity can be a little overwhelming at times. Fast bent grass greens and fall golf are my favorites.  

Industrial Sales and Construction. 

I've been playing golf since I can remember. My dad would take my brother and I but I didn't really take to it until I was in 8th grade. Played in highschool and we won a State Championship. 

I'm playing at an 8 and I'd like to be back to a 6 by the end of summer. I grew up in Nebraska, but now live in the Des Moines metro and belong to a club. 

I just like the solitude golf can give me and that it's an individual sport. 

I prefer the fall when most people are kinda done playing golf.  Most days I have the course to myself that time of year.

I work in LE.

Edited by Golffellad

How long have you been playing golf?  Since 1993

What’s your handicap or normal score? 14.9/85

What do you love about golf?The challenge, the frustration, the company, the solitude, the health aspects, the views.  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Twitter/Instagram posts, but mostly the honest replies given to troll comments. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? Denver/Longmont CO, I live just off of Ute Creek Golf Course in Longmont, Robert Trent Jones Jr Muni!  

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Seasonal, though we still play in snow and cold, but when there's a 6in layer of snow it's no bueno. 

What do you do for a living? Sell real estate and IT Network Services for gov. 

How’d you pick your user name? It's me, who I am and where I am. 

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

I started playing golf with my older brothers and dad at age 6, so been playing for 28 years.  I started hitting balls when I was three.

My handicap is +2.8 or so.  Stroke average in 2019 was 71 give or take a few tenths of a stroke.

i enjoy competition, as an amateur now.  Nothing feels better than winning.  But competition has given me a good bit of knowledge and has given me the opportunity to help my friends and family with their games.  I enjoy the continuing education that the game. I’ve learned from some Great teachers and players in the game when I was a pro, But I continue to learn new methods and thinking processes/equipment options.  I’m not one to tinker much with equipment, but i have been able to help others understand what would be helpful for their games (shaft options, clubs, putters, golf balls).  

I’m from Iowa City, but live in Cedar falls iowa now, and I play wherever I want.  I no longer have a home club, but I play a lot of different places as I travel for work.

i was spoiled as a pro, playing in Scottsdale, so there aren’t as many great courses in my area.  I understand that, but I think a lot of courses are asleep at the wheel, and don’t do the little things that can make the experience better on a daily basis.  There are a lot of agronomy issues as well, not understanding watering, or overgrowth of trees.  A lot of courses penalize the higher handicap players, making it less enjoyable for them, resulting in rounds taking 5 hours on the weekends.  

I work for a sports supply company, selling equipment and clothing to high schools, middle schools and businesses.

as for my name, I played golf for the university of Iowa, and my family has roots at u of Iowa going back to the 1940s/ww2.  I bleed black and gold, go hawks! 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I grew up on a sand green course when I was about 8 years old but playing consistently for the last 6 years or so. My current handicap is 1. 

2. What do you love about golf? The competitiveness and how humbling the game can be from day to do. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know any other spies but have always used the site for reading the forums for reviews on specific topics. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Bismarck, ND ....Hawktree Golf Course 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Winter...In 2019 our Season was May - Beginning of October 

6. What do you do for a living? Financial Advisor 

7. How’d you pick your user name? For obvious reasons. 

Driver: Cobra F9 w/VA Composites Drago X75

Fairway: TaylorMade M3 17* w/X7000 Novatech

Hybrid: Taylormade Pudi 2* w/Project X HZRDUS 

Irons: Mizuno MP18 MB 7-PW & SC 4-6 w/KBS C-Taper 120S

Wedges: - Callaway Jaws - 50*/54*/58* 

Putter: - Scotty Cameron Phantom 7

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Hello to the board, my name is Sam. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing golf since the summer of 1986.  My handicap has been as low as scratch and of late between 10-12 (years of being married to the Anti-Golf).  I have worked very hard in my game the past 6-7 years now being married to my second wife who encourages me to practice and play often.  Last year I got my handicap down just under 4 (per rounds posted at the CGA) with great putting and short game.  I generally score between 77-82.  There are days when my game really stinks and I can score in the upper 80s to 90.  There are days when all things go well and I can score close to par or at par.  I possess a Jeckyl and Hyde game.

2. What do you love about golf?  The challenge between the course and the state of my game.  I love the mental aspect of the game.  I love being out in grass and trees.  I love the history of the game and the values the game represents (integrity, honesty, sportsmanship).

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I joined the site in 2010 but for some reason didn't post or become active.  I had two other golf sites I was very active in.  One that most everyone here knows that talks about all things golf.  The other one was a site dedicated to putters, all putters not just one brand.  The latter site seems to be inactive at this time which is a great shame.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in Fort Collins, CO and my home course is one of the city run municipal courses, Collindale Golf Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Colorado is terrific because the sun shines 220+ days a year (chamber of commerce states 300+ ... pfffftttttt).  The altitude here (5,000 feet above sea level) is terrific for 10% longer carry due to thinner air.  We live in a semi-arid desert so thorough watering is a must so the course is always in terrific condition, a huge plus.  Also regarding semi-arid desert, humidity is really low here that many of the locals complain when humidity rises above 34%-40%.  Generally we see 15% - 30%.  Some of the worst things is chance of snow from late September into May.  Golf in March, April and May can be cancelled because of snow.  Afternoon thunderstorms are prevalent during the summer months and they can roll in quickly.  Windy at times.

6. What do you do for a living?  I am an independent technical consultant in the industrial robotic manufacturing sector.  I travel extensively for work all over the US and occasionally in Canada.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  See question 6.  It is my job to cure "illness" of the robotic arms and peripherals at manufacturing sites.

Edited by RobotDoctor

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 50°/ 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

SW:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 54°, TT DG Tour Issue S200 115g wedge shaft

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips: BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

On 3/28/2020 at 10:09 AM, DCK720 said:

How long have you been playing golf?  Since 1993

What’s your handicap or normal score? 14.9/85

What do you love about golf?The challenge, the frustration, the company, the solitude, the health aspects, the views.  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Twitter/Instagram posts, but mostly the honest replies given to troll comments. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? Denver/Longmont CO, I live just off of Ute Creek Golf Course in Longmont, Robert Trent Jones Jr Muni!  

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Seasonal, though we still play in snow and cold, but when there's a 6in layer of snow it's no bueno. 

What do you do for a living? Sell real estate and IT Network Services for gov. 

How’d you pick your user name? It's me, who I am and where I am. 

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

I used to live in Longmont off 17th Ave between Francis St. and Gay St.  I have played more rounds at Ute Creek than I can remember.  I also played Saddleback Golf Course quite a bit.  I live in Fort Collins so I don't get down to Longmont that often.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 50°/ 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

SW:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 54°, TT DG Tour Issue S200 115g wedge shaft

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips: BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

On 3/30/2020 at 10:14 AM, 3puttking said:

Bismarck, ND ....Hawktree Golf Course

@3puttking how's the Hawk looking this spring? Man I miss that course

:titelist-small: TS4, 9.5, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.5TX
:cleveland-small: Launcher 3W, 15, Fujikara Gold X-Stiff
:callaway-small: Apex Pro 19 4-W, Dynamic Gold X100
:vokey-small: SM6 56
:vokey-small: SM7 50, 52, 60
:scotty-small: Circa 62 No. 2
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

15 minutes ago, remste17 said:

@3puttking how's the Hawk looking this spring? Man I miss that course

Well, a few other courses opened up this last Sunday however we are currently in a snowstorm and getting about 4-6 inches of snow. So hopefully we get some warm days coming up. Hawktree was scheduled to open around the 14th-15th. The last couple years it has been in really good condition. I've played a fair amount of courses and it's still one of my favorites. 

Edited by 3puttking

7 minutes ago, 3puttking said:

Well, a few other courses opened up this last Sunday however we are currently in a snowstorm and getting about 4-6 inches of snow. So hopefully we get some warm days coming up. Hawktree was scheduled to open around the 14th-15th. The last couple years it has been in really good condition. I've played a fair amount of courses and it's still one of my favorites. 

I saw Tom O and Pebble opened (I still get Bismarck updates), but didn't know there was snow coming. I played Hawk last summer when I made a visit, brought back a lot of memories. I used to work out there. I'll be through again this summer, hope it's in great shape again.

:titelist-small: TS4, 9.5, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.5TX
:cleveland-small: Launcher 3W, 15, Fujikara Gold X-Stiff
:callaway-small: Apex Pro 19 4-W, Dynamic Gold X100
:vokey-small: SM6 56
:vokey-small: SM7 50, 52, 60
:scotty-small: Circa 62 No. 2
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

3 minutes ago, remste17 said:

I saw Tom O and Pebble opened (I still get Bismarck updates), but didn't know there was snow coming. I played Hawk last summer when I made a visit, brought back a lot of memories. I used to work out there. I'll be through again this summer, hope it's in great shape again.

Yep, Prairie West and Washburn opened up as well. I'm not sure if you've seen Washburn since they renovated it. It's comparable to Hawktree but the greens have much more undulation. If you're in the area and needing a partner or a group to play with, let me know! 

Hey guys new to the forum and thought I’d do intro for my region!

1. How long have you been playing golf? 
- I’ve grown up playing since I was about 5y/o and just turn 27 this past week so 22 years!

2. What do you love about golf? 
- The thing I love about golf is you will never hit the exact same shot twice.... and flushing a 3 iron 😬

3. what brings you to my golf spy? Know any other spies? 
- follow their account on Instagram and listen to some of the talks they do. I don’t know any other spies!

4. Recently moved to Manhattan, KS from Overland Park, KS. Current home course is Clay Center Country Club

5. Best and worst things about golf in the region? 
- best: golf is fairly inexpensive anywhere within 50 miles there’s plenty of course that are in good shape for under $40 with a cart. 
- Worst: great life golf and fitness. In my opinion it’s a death sentence for golf courses. Don’t put in the time to maintain a course and it’s goes to sh*t.

6. What do you do for a living? 
- I have recently graduated from Cleveland University Kansas City with my doctorate in Chiropractic. While waiting to get approved for licensing I and working on the grounds crew team for my home course. 

If any other spies are near my area let’s get some golf in!

Colorado golfers -

I am hoping that we are all back to some degree of normalcy in the near future. I have been in the state since last June and have yet to tee it up. I am in Colorado Springs and am looking forward to playing all of the course here as well as planning my must play list for courses around the state. That being said, can anyone recommend some great courses? I don't mind driving a bit and look forward to the input.

Thanks!

WITB

Ping G410 | Titleist TS3 | Srixon Z585 |Cleveland RTX4 | Ping Redwood Piper | Pro V1

Also, forgot to ask another question - 

Can anyone recommend a good fitter? I have been looking at D'Lance and Club Champion.

WITB

Also, forgot to ask another question - 

Can anyone recommend a good fitter? I have been looking at D'Lance and Club Champion.

I have gone to D’Lance and got a whole bag fitting when they dropped the price around Christmas a few years back. It comes with free tuneups for life so I have gone back for adjustments twice. They have a great facility and knowledgeable people. I wouldn’t hesitate recommending them to you over Club Champion.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB:
pxg-small.jpg 0811 Prototype Driver: (10.5 / s-flex)
image.png.cb4b01bb138fdc7ddf4f5e9396a76d82.png   Sub 70 Pro Tour Fairway 3W (15 / s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0341 Prototype, 5W (18, s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0311, 4-PW, (+1/2" / +2 up) ProjX LZ 6.0
pxg-small.jpg 0311 wedges, 52, 56, 60 degree
TommyArmour.jpg.d3c9da7d74a401e95b625f92af834200.jpg Impact No.3, Putter 35"

Dexterity: Right-handed

Colorado golfers -
I am hoping that we are all back to some degree of normalcy in the near future. I have been in the state since last June and have yet to tee it up. I am in Colorado Springs and am looking forward to playing all of the course here as well as planning my must play list for courses around the state. That being said, can anyone recommend some great courses? I don't mind driving a bit and look forward to the input.
Thanks!

I have lived in Colorado Springs for about 10 years and have played most of the local courses. I live on the North end so I frequent Kings Deer most often, Pine Creek or the Air Force Academy are also good choices. Kings Deer will give you the most bang for your buck and is currently open for walking only when the weather cooperates. Bear Dance in Larkspur is another great mountain course.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:
pxg-small.jpg 0811 Prototype Driver: (10.5 / s-flex)
image.png.cb4b01bb138fdc7ddf4f5e9396a76d82.png   Sub 70 Pro Tour Fairway 3W (15 / s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0341 Prototype, 5W (18, s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0311, 4-PW, (+1/2" / +2 up) ProjX LZ 6.0
pxg-small.jpg 0311 wedges, 52, 56, 60 degree
TommyArmour.jpg.d3c9da7d74a401e95b625f92af834200.jpg Impact No.3, Putter 35"

Dexterity: Right-handed

10 hours ago, Tap In said:

I have gone to D’Lance and got a whole bag fitting when they dropped the price around Christmas a few years back. It comes with free tuneups for life so I have gone back for adjustments twice. They have a great facility and knowledgeable people. I wouldn’t hesitate recommending them to you over Club Champion.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

@Tap In thank you. I have been leaning towards D'Lance especially since they are offering their lifetime fittings for $250 right now. I appreciate the recommendation.

Edited by tyler621

WITB

7 hours ago, Tap In said:

I have lived in Colorado Springs for about 10 years and have played most of the local courses. I live on the North end so I frequent Kings Deer most often, Pine Creek or the Air Force Academy are also good choices. Kings Deer will give you the most bang for your buck and is currently open for walking only when the weather cooperates. Bear Dance in Larkspur is another great mountain course.

Awesome. Thanks! I am in the Rockrimmon area and have hit balls at both Pine Creek and King's Deer but haven't played either course. Looking forward to it after we get back to normal and today's snow melts.

WITB

From Northeast ND, I’ve been playing golf since I was 10 and I’m 30 now. Love the game and the challenge it presents. I play to a 3.2 handicap, but my goal is to make to scratch someday. I’m a firm believer in getting fitted for your clubs. When I was first fitted when I was 19, I can say I easily shaved 10 strokes off my game because of it. Love forums like this because I am an equipment nerd, especially with driver and driver shaft combos.

Current bag setup is:

Driver: Ping G410LST 9* lofted to 10*, Tour AD-GP 7x
3wood: Ping G 14.5* Tour AD- DI 8x
Hybrid: Titleist 910H 17 degrees- Diamana Black 90X
Irons: 716 AP2- 4-pw. DG X100 (2up, +1/2”)
Wedges- Sm6 54 and 60, Sm8 50 Degree DG X100 (2up, +1/2”)
Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour 35”
Ball- Titleist ProV1x or Tp5x (have a hard time deciding)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Castle Rock there’s Plum Creek, a Pete Dye course I think. It was a brute for me.

Arrowhead, technically in Littleton, plays in the middle of the hogbacks. What a course, beautiful.

Besides Kings Deer and Pine Creek there’s Patty Jewitt and WoodMor.

Cherokee Ridge is a fun 9 hole course. Been hitting it a lot on nice days this year.

Well Hello All, 

I have been checking out a lot of the reviews and articles for a few months, seems like a cool place to hang out.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?    Playing for 20 years now, hover around 11-13 hcp

2. What do you love about golf?  So many things, being outside, hanging out with friends, best part was I taught my daughter how to play when she was young, now we are teaching the grand kids.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?   Originally the Ball test, i dont think i know any other spies

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Western Nebraska, play at a municipal course close by

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Wide open spaces, lots of different course types within a few hours drive (some world class). Also the cost is quite a bit less that a lot of places

6. What do you do for a living?  Customer Service

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Kind of a bowling reference

Driver: Ping G410+
Fairway Wood: Ping G425 (x2)  
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 
Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 HM Pro
Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0  50*, 54*, and 58*
Putter: Ping Fetch 2021
Ball: Snell MTB-X