Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

North Central: ND, SD, NE, IA, CO, KS, MO

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. I've been playing since about age 7 I think...had a good junior program in my tiny hometown.  Handicap is 9.6 right now.

2. What do you love about golf?  Being outdoors, being competitive, the constant challenge to figure it out and then keep it if you ever do

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  A buddy of mine and I got into a discussion on equipment, he had some good info and told me he got it here.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Overland Park, KS area -- play mostly in the SOJOCO area: Ironhorse and then some at OP/St. Andrews and Heritage

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best = lots of courses and great evening/twilight summer golf / Worst = rainy springs with unpredictable weather makes it hard to get the game going

6. What do you do for a living?  Help people with business problems

7. How’d you pick your user name?  threw together some letters and "Golfer" (boring)

image.png.e1deea1c4c3f4b9896f9d14f81e7a4e7.png TS2 8.5 driver

image.png.93b75925490f7a0eb5b400f474d8df4e.png XR Fwy 4wd

image.png.7b10aa274daf923f1627ae25fa277109.png Hybrids 3i, 4i

image.png.ec21a99109a9b6ec7da534bb04e53057.png Irons 4-PW

image.png.b0e8ffea281016fe33e729f05a9a3865.pngWedges 52, 58

image.png.7288864ba335873cacc3836b6773c75d.png White Hot #5

image.png

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? As long as i can remember, but probably started around 7-8 years old. Handicap 8.7

2. What do you love about golf? You only have yourself to blame when things go wrong (or to credit when things go right)

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Followed the equipment reviews for a number of years and wanted to get in to the possibility of participating in the testings. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Sioux Falls - Bakker Crossing is my home course though I tend to play a different course each time i play

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Worst: Short season as a result of the weather. Best: incredibly vibrant golf community (especially considering the short season), two different professional events (Sanford International) and GreatLife Challenge (Symetra Tour), 9 different courses (two private) within a 30 minute drive. 

6. What do you do for a living? government/public policy

7. How’d you pick your user name? cheap play on words

Edited by tylerque23

Colorado Golfer

1. How long have you been playing golf?What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing since age 14.  I am an unofficial 12.  I usually shoot mid to low 80's

2. What do you love about golf?  I love golf because whether I play great or completely hack it up I still want to get back out and play more.  Golf is a love/ hate relationship.  Golf is the best sport ever!  Golf is the most ridiculous sport ever!  Golf is a unique, individual game that teaches honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, discipline, and focus.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I enjoy the non-biased reviews and opinions from real people, not paid spokespeople.  I value input from average golf junkies like myself.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Littleton, Colorado.  No official home course.  I would say The Meadows and Foothills are my home tracks because that is where I learned the game.  Now I play South Suburban most frequently (fantastic course conditions).  We hold our unofficial men's club at S.S.  My best round ever was at Plum Creek (1st and only 79!).  My favorite tracks are: Murphy Creek, The Ridge, and Fox Hollow

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Great weather for golf Spring/ Summer/ Fall.  Nothing beats 'Indian Summer' golf.  Sunny almost everyday!   Although it is very common for the weather to change mid-round!  Some local courses in my area seem really proud of their courses.  Douglas County courses seem overpriced (ex. Lone Tree, H.R.).  The Ridge can be pricey, but the product and experience is high quality.  I feel there is much better value at most courses outside of South Denver metro area (Murphy Creek, Fox Hollow, Legacy Ridge).

6. What do you do for a living?  Optometrist

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Avid Colorado Skier

T.Webb.jpg

On 4/14/2020 at 9:28 PM, toehold57 said:

In Castle Rock there’s Plum Creek, a Pete Dye course I think. It was a brute for me.

Arrowhead, technically in Littleton, plays in the middle of the hogbacks. What a course, beautiful.

Besides Kings Deer and Pine Creek there’s Patty Jewitt and WoodMor.

Cherokee Ridge is a fun 9 hole course. Been hitting it a lot on nice days this year.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

@toehold57 Thanks for the tips! I have heard good things about Arrowhead and will check out Plum Creek. I have never played very well on Pete Dye courses but still enjoy them. I might take my son over to Cherokee Ridge one of these days. 

WITB

Ping G410 | Titleist TS3 | Srixon Z585 |Cleveland RTX4 | Ping Redwood Piper | Pro V1

27 minutes ago, CO2planker said:

Colorado Golfer

1. How long have you been playing golf?What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing since age 14.  I am an unofficial 12.  I usually shoot mid to low 80's

2. What do you love about golf?  I love golf because whether I play great or completely hack it up I still want to get back out and play more.  Golf is a love/ hate relationship.  Golf is the best sport ever!  Golf is the most ridiculous sport ever!  Golf is a unique, individual game that teaches honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, discipline, and focus.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I enjoy the non-biased reviews and opinions from real people, not paid spokespeople.  I value input from average golf junkies like myself.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Littleton, Colorado.  No official home course.  I would say The Meadows and Foothills are my home tracks because that is where I learned the game.  Now I play South Suburban most frequently (fantastic course conditions).  We hold our unofficial men's club at S.S.  My best round ever was at Plum Creek (1st and only 79!).  My favorite tracks are: Murphy Creek, The Ridge, and Fox Hollow

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Great weather for golf Spring/ Summer/ Fall.  Nothing beats 'Indian Summer' golf.  Sunny almost everyday!   Although it is very common for the weather to change mid-round!  Some local courses in my area seem really proud of their courses.  Douglas County courses seem overpriced (ex. Lone Tree, H.R.).  The Ridge can be pricey, but the product and experience is high quality.  I feel there is much better value at most courses outside of South Denver metro area (Murphy Creek, Fox Hollow, Legacy Ridge).

6. What do you do for a living?  Optometrist

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Avid Colorado Skier

@CO2planker Welcome to the site. Lots of good stuff here and I am sure I haven't found all of it. 

WITB

Ping G410 | Titleist TS3 | Srixon Z585 |Cleveland RTX4 | Ping Redwood Piper | Pro V1

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   I started playing at about 19. I played a lot for about ten years. Then, I got married had a family and golf took the backseat for awhile. Then, last year I played probably 25 -30 times and made me fall right back in love with this game. Planning on playing the same amount this year, if not more, even with the RONA going on right now. I don't have an official handicap. I would guess somewhere around 17 - 20. I shoot mid to high 80's. 

2. What do you love about golf?  I love being outside, competing, trying to always improve, getting away from work and the time away from the family. It's not a bad thing to like getting away from your everyday stuff. The sound of a driver first thing in the morning. And the cussing I can hear of someone on the third fairway that just shot his third shot in the water. All great things!!!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I thought I did a profile a few months back but I guess I was wrong. I like the true honest no BS feedback. My brother is a spy as well.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?   I live in Kansas City, MO. Winterstone Golf Course. Play there at least once a week. Be it, 9 or 18. Once a week!!

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?   The best thing - is spring golf - the weather PERFECT. The trees and flowers are in bloom and the fairways and greens are in great shape and we can play until about 6:30 to 7:00. The worst - is obviously....WINTER. You never know how long or short the winter will last. This can be very irritating. Like, in Feb it can 65 and sunny. Then, in April it will be 45 cold and windy and rainy, much like it is today. But, I love this place!

6. What do you do for a living?   I am in the automotive software business. We help dealership sell vehicles. Which right now can be very difficult.

7. How’d you pick your user name?   I picked my name because it is my IG and Twitter handle. My wife and I started KCLOVEGOLF back in January in hopes to bring more attention/golfers to golf tournaments; charity, club tourney's or whatever. We want to help get the word out there for you. Then, the corana hit and put it on the back burner for a bit. Not to worry....we'll be helping tournaments later this year!!!

KC Loves Golf_Final-01.png

Long time listener, first time caller! 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started taking golf seriously in high school. Up until then, I was a once-a-year-with-my-old-man type of player. In college, I stopped playing besides a couple summer scrambles, but I'm ready to get back into the game. I haven't kept a handicap in a few years, but I got it down to the 6-7 when I was in high school--however, I imagine I'm in the ~10 range now. I usually score in the low-to-mid 80s. 
  2. What do you love about golf? I love that it lets me be outside for hours at a time, and I love that it's a game I can share with my father. I think it's an awesome game because there's such a sense of inner competition--every time I play, I'm playing against the player I was yesterday (and the course, of course). I love watching golf, I love learning about golf, I love reading about golf, and I love playing golf. 
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've followed the main site for a few years and have always been impressed with MyGolfSpy's commitment to giving their community recommendations based on objective measures. I hadn't heard of the Forum before, so I'm interested to see what it's all about
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Mandan, North Dakota. My home course is Prairie West golf course; I have a ton of great golf memories there, and it holds a special place in my heart
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about North Dakota golf is that there's lots of opportunity to play. There used to be a statistic going around that said the state had the most golf courses per capita (don't know if there's any truth to that or not). Unfortunately, there's no top-end quality courses here, but there's some pretty good ones. The worst thing about golf here is that the season is so short!
  6. What do you do for a living? I'm a college student. I'm finishing my undergraduate degree this spring, and I'm starting a master's program this summer.
  7. How’d you pick your user name? It's my last name spelled backwards, and it's been my username for just about everything since I was 10 years old. 
Edited by Retrop
accidentally posted

Driver: :callaway-small:XHot; 10.5°; Project X S Shaft

3 Wood: :callaway-small: Razr X; Stiff shaft

3 Hybrid: :callaway-small: Big Bertha Heavenwood; Loft 20°; Standard Shaft 

Irons: :callaway-small:Diablo Edge; Steel Shafts; Stock Loft and Lie 

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM5 52.12F; SM5 56.14F; SM4 60.04

Putter: :edel-golf-1: Faldo G90

Grips: Golfpride CP2 Standard 

Right-Handed

Back playing for 3 months Aug to Oct 19. Picking up clubs here and there as I get side work. Some Nike irons 4 to sw, lob. 3hyb, and a chipper, callaway driver epszand 3 wood gbb sz. Three putters that I am looking to decide on. Putting mat in apartment. Mallet upright is currently working for mme.great indoors and practice, hut 3 putts are my bain.

Pharma consultant.In Fargo on an assignment.

60 yr old, heavy, 6 footer.

Played for 3 years in Florida in early 1990s.  Lousy then and lousy now. Never broke 100, but goal is 95 or better.  Driving 230 to 240 , ss is 94. Lessons are in my future.

Waiting for courses to open as I can't travel home to Boulder area right now. Close to Rose Creek  so driving range and practice green for an hour a couple days a week.

Just like to be outdoors. Weights,  martial arts,  steam. And jacuzzi as well.

Don't like hitting indoors  so ready for courses to dry out.  Kinda flathere. I like the quicker pace of play versus Florida.

Focusing on 120 yards and in, including 20 yard chips,  8 to 15 foot puts. Sandy king. Generally putting for bird three holes per round. But also putting for triple same frequency?!?!

On 2/11/2019 at 3:30 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: North Central Region

North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    hello all! I have been playing golf for most of my life. Until about 12-13 years ago I didn’t take it too seriously and only played a couple times a year. My current handicap is 18-19.

2. What do you love about golf? Everything! Fresh air exercise, views, the challenges, spending time with friends and family. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don’t know any other spies. I think I started following on Twitter and decided to register.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am in Colorado, Littleton/Southwest metro Denver area. I have a number of courses near me, probably play the Meadows and Fox Hollow most frequently.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: can play 12 months a year. Worst: sometimes tough to get on on short notice.

6. What do you do for a living? I am a physical therapist, TPI Certified if anyone has any questions.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Nothing exciting, initials and last name.

1. How long have you been playing golf? 
- I grew up playing golf, but was never technique based, just natural (lack of) talent.  took ~8 years off while traveling the world for business, but have re-caught the bug now that I am settled over the last 2 years.

2. What do you love about golf? 
- lifelong sport that allows for an equal mental to physical challenge.  always room to get better than the last shot.

3. what brings you to my golf spy? Know any other spies? 
- love the podcast and equipment analysis

4. Live in Denver, CO; but haven't taken the plunge to have a home course yet.  play a steady rotation of public courses, but see myself joining a private club in next 3 years if my enthusiasm continues or builds.

5. Best and worst things about golf in the region? 
- best: lots of beautiful options and a surprisingly long golf season in Colorado.  altitude doesn't hurt for ego off the tee either 🙂 
- Worst: while season is long, weather is unpredictable.  had a great round going last year in June and got snowed out @ hole # 11...yikes.

6. What do you do for a living? 
- I work in sales in the healthcare industry...but really I am prepping for a senior tour birth in ~10 year :).

Driver - :callaway-small: Paradym 9* - Ventus Blue 6S

3W - :taylormade-small: Stealth +

3H - :taylormade-small: Stealth 

4-PW - :callaway-small:Apex CF16 - Project X 5.0xi 

52, 56, 58 - :callaway-small: Jaws

Putter -:scotty-small: Del Mar 2 

Ball - :titleist-small: Pro V1 - 2023 

:Arccos:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing since my early teens.  I’ve probably played for 35 years  

2. What do you love about golf? I love playing with friends. Most of the guys I play with are retired.  We have a lot of fun  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I’ve liked the article written  I don’t know any other spies  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I’m originally from PA, but I have been in MO for 25 years.  I play mostly at Thousand Hills Golf Resort , but I have played a lot of courses in the area.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? We have a good selection of courses within a hour of me.  Worse thing is all the rock around the area. My home course get really busy during the summer.  There are lots of 6 hour rounds in the summer.  Our group is usually the first group off the tee when I play  

6. What do you do for a living? I work in sales  

7. How’d you pick your user name? I used to snow ski a lot. 

Hey y'all, happy to be joining the group

I've had golf clubs since I was about 12 years old, but I only played for one year and then hung them up.  I picked golf back up when I was in college.  That means I've been playing since for about 15 years at this point.  Only the last  5 or so have I taken it seriously though.

I love most the amount of thought and concentration that golf needs to play well.  It's a great escape from the normal stuff and forces you to focus on something different.  Depending on the course, the scenery certainly is a very very close 2nd.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

One of my friends used to be very interested in golf, and always was on the search for more information about equipment and sent me a link to MyGolfSpy.  But I didn't really start regularly looking until No Putts Given popped up as a suggested video for me on Youtube.  I don't believe I know anyone else that is registered here.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm from Fort Collins, CO.  My home course is Southridge Golf Course.  It's not the most challenging course in my town, but I think it's the most rewarding and consistently in the best condition.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best thing about golf here is the scenery and not having to play in absolutely blazing heat in the summers.  The worst is the lack of courses, and of course, having to take the winter off.  Fortunately we now have Xgolf in town, which is basically just bar with simulators, so at least I don't lose my swing every year anymore.

I work in the family business.  We do design and supply products, primarily for home remodels.  I work mostly on the design side at this point, however, I'm the succession plan for my parents when they want out, so I'm trying to learn all aspects of the business now.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

My username is the nickname I've had since I was about 11 years old.  I forget exactly how it came about, but from 11 until I left town for college, "Doop" was what everyone called me.

Howdy Fellow Spies,

I am new to this forum so I figured I'd let y'all know a little about me.

I have been playing golf for around 17 years. Started with a YMCA Summer Camp at 10 and I have been hooked ever since! My handicap is 1.5 currently hoping to get to scratch this summer. 

What I love most about golf is that I can bring anyone together and you can find some of your best friends in a random Sunday fourball. 

I was drawn to MyGolfSpy because of the honest No BS reviews and product testing. 

I was born and raised in Montana. Moved to California, to Washington, to Texas, and finally settled in Colorado. My home course is Lake Arbor Golf Club in Arvada.

The best thing about golf in this region is the diversity of all the courses and being able to travel to different locations to play. The worst thing about golf in this region is being shut down due to the snow in the winter. 

I am an Assistant Golf Professional at Lake Arbor Golf Club

I am not the most creative fella so I picked my user name by combining my first and last name and Montana's area code. 

:ping-small: G400 SFT 

:taylormade-small: SLDR 3Wood

:ping-small: G400 4Hybrid

:ping-small: i210 Orange Dot 5-PW KBS Tour Stiff

:taylormade-small:Hi-Toe 52/56/58

:taylormade-small:Mullen 2 Putter

1) I started in golf around age 12 (40 now). 
2) The thing I love most about golf is that it’s more than a hobby, it’s a lifestyle. 
3) I came to MGS because I love to talk about the game and I’m a self proclaimed equipment junkie.

4) I’m originally from the Twin Cities of MN but  the last 10 years I’ve lived in West Fargo,ND. I don’t have a home course, but enjoy playing multiple public courses around the area.

5) I would say the best part about golf in this region is that there is a lot of value in cost/quality of courses available and you can always find somewhere to play. The worst part is our season is so short.

6) Long answer:  I’m a self employed sub contractor specializing in framing. Short answer: Carpenter

7) I chose my username based on my profession and because it reminds me when you hit a good drive. 

Edited by Nailedit

On 4/19/2020 at 8:13 AM, BingoBrown said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? 
- I grew up playing golf, but was never technique based, just natural (lack of) talent.  took ~8 years off while traveling the world for business, but have re-caught the bug now that I am settled over the last 2 years.

- lifelong sport that allows for an equal mental to physical challenge.  always room to get better than the last shot.

3. what brings you to my golf spy? Know any other spies? 
- love the podcast and equipment analysis

4. Live in Denver, CO; but haven't taken the plunge to have a home course yet.  play a steady rotation of public courses, but see myself joining a private club in next 3 years if my enthusiasm continues or builds.

5. Best and worst things about golf in the region? 
- best: lots of beautiful options and a surprisingly long golf season in Colorado.  altitude doesn't hurt for ego off the tee either 🙂 
- Worst: while season is long, weather is unpredictable.  had a great round going last year in June and got snowed out @ hole # 11...yikes.

- I work in sales in the healthcare industry...but really I am prepping for a senior tour birth in ~10 year :).

The weather in Colorado can be super unpredictable. But the scenery and elevation is a major bonus. 

:ping-small: G400 SFT 

:taylormade-small: SLDR 3Wood

:ping-small: G400 4Hybrid

:ping-small: i210 Orange Dot 5-PW KBS Tour Stiff

:taylormade-small:Hi-Toe 52/56/58

:taylormade-small:Mullen 2 Putter

• Playing about 10 years and I'm currently an 11.8

• It's an escape from real life for a bit.

• Love to learn about equipment and no.

• Colorado and don't really have one. Play all over South of Denver.

• The scenery is incredible. The views of the mountains almost anywhere and the nice days here seem to be better than most places. The worst is that playing from September to May can get sketchy with weather. Might be 60 and sunny 1 day and have 6 inches of snow the next. 

• Plead the 5th

• First letter of first name first 2 of my last and some lucky numbers. 

default_ping-small.jpg.95a2cf8c85873f0a79fb311d7f621d92.jpg G400 LST 8.5* Ping Tour XStiff 75

default_ping-small.jpg.39550578296a163fa7ccc46a0cb27d2e.jpg G400 14.5* Ping Tour XStiff 75

default_ping-small.jpg.f2975e1509dcae8d618fe49773a94fc2.jpg G410 19* Ping Tour XStiff 85

default_ping-small.jpg.b0f83f94f6d460c23cc6609e6995ee11.jpg i200 +1 1/2" White Dot 4-UW Dynamic Gold x100 Midsize grips

default_titelist-small.jpg.7db92f29ef0a3b310b355d25afde58cd.jpg Vokey SM7 54* and 58* +1 1/2" 2* upright Midsize grips

Unknown.png.e71cfad6b1b6b7764cca93439ec68768.png Scotty Cameron Newport

default_titelist-small.jpg.7db92f29ef0a3b310b355d25afde58cd.jpg Pro V1

1. How long have you been playing golf? Started playing regularly in 2017. I’ve always wanted to take up golf but all if my other hobbies in the past would not allow it. I’ve condensed and eliminated hobbies to make golf my go to hobby.

2. What do you love about golf? The peacefulness of a morning round and watching myself slowly get better.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I’ve been checking out different golf forums for a while now and I recently started listening to the No Putts Given podcasts while at work which brought me here. I like what I see so far so I signed up.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in Iowa. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best - Not hard to get a tee time at several golf courses within 30 minutes of my house. 
    Worst - Taking up golf has taught me how much I dislike snow. 

6. What do you do for a living? Manage a small warehouse. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Gamertag plus year I was born. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

10 hours ago, toehold57 said:

Solid track! I walked it right when they reopened. In solid shape.

10 hours ago, toehold57 said:

Don’t jinx me! Playing Plum Creek on Wednesday emoji6.png

default_ping-small.jpg.95a2cf8c85873f0a79fb311d7f621d92.jpg G400 LST 8.5* Ping Tour XStiff 75

default_ping-small.jpg.39550578296a163fa7ccc46a0cb27d2e.jpg G400 14.5* Ping Tour XStiff 75

default_ping-small.jpg.f2975e1509dcae8d618fe49773a94fc2.jpg G410 19* Ping Tour XStiff 85

default_ping-small.jpg.b0f83f94f6d460c23cc6609e6995ee11.jpg i200 +1 1/2" White Dot 4-UW Dynamic Gold x100 Midsize grips

default_titelist-small.jpg.7db92f29ef0a3b310b355d25afde58cd.jpg Vokey SM7 54* and 58* +1 1/2" 2* upright Midsize grips

On 4/26/2020 at 10:06 PM, toehold57 said:

Don’t jinx me! Playing Plum Creek on Wednesday emoji6.png

How'd it go? Played there again yesterday. It's in nice shape!

Had a couple of blow up holes, killed the round. The little par 3 across water? Dunked three. Ouch. Doubled the first (#10). No warmup don’t ya know! Cost me.

Still ended up in the mid-80’s but it could have been better.

It was a beautiful day though and I enjoyed every moment of it

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning! I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself to the community. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf for as long as I can remember, 43'ish years would be my guess. I just established my official handicap this year for the first time since college and I'm now an 11. I want to get that down to single digits this season! 

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge. I love the feel of a crisp golf shot and seeing the penetrating flight of the ball. It's art to me. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have been following reviews for over a year now and I love the content and the No Putts Given segments. I have a few golfing buddies that know about MyGolfSpy, but I think I'm the first on the forums.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from SE Iowa, and live in Grimes, IA, just outside Des Moines. My home course is Woodward Golf Club in Woodward, IA.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? That's easy, both best and worst is the weather! We get perfect days in March, and snow the next day, a few days later, you're playing golf again...

6. What do you do for a living? I am a sales engineer for a small 3D printing company. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? I haven't put much thought into it yet, that will be next!

Looking forward to more discussions!

Jeremy

My Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue

3 Wood: Mizuno ST200

Irons: Mizuon MP 20 6-PW, MP 20 HMB 3-5

Wedges: T20 50deg, 55deg, 58deg Blue

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour

Howdy, ong time reader, first time poster. Im MIke from Lenexa, KS. Golf outta Falcon Ridge Golf Course. Long time golfer, started when i was quite young, and then really took a liking to the sport around age 25. Now am completely obsessed. Interested in this forum to talk golf, equipment, training etc....

Driver: 3+ Epic Speed
Woods: 3, 5 Rogue ST
Irons: Mavrik Pro 4-AW
Wedges: Taylormade MG3 52 & 56
Wedges: Titleist SM8 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

I have been playing golf since high school, but did not develop a real passion for it until about 10 years ago.  I love that golf allows me to be outside enjoying the beauty of nature while challenging myself and enjoying good company.  Golfing in Colorado is great because of the scenery and the extra yardage off the tee.  The winters here can be challenging to play in though.  I really feel lucky to live in Colorado and consider it by far the best place to play in the region. I teach 8th graders for a living and I am excited to be part of conversations that are real, positive, and not so serious as part of this group.  8th graders can be very immature and caught up in negativity at times so I am hoping to connect with something different here.  I don't have a "home" course, but we just moved to Windsor, CO so if you have a favorite course in Northern Colorado let me know and I would love to try it out.  

• 2 weeks later...

My Guys!

1. Ive been playing golf for 9 years, I played in high school but didn’t play avidly after that until about 2 years ago.  At the beginning of last year, I was averaging about 86 per round. I broke 80 for the first time last fall and I’m averaging 78 this year!

2. There a lot to love about golf. Last year I became an assistant golf pro. There no better job than when you can help others grow a love for the game.

3. MyGolfSpy has been a platform I have been following for a year or so. I’d say it’s about time to join!

4. I love in the central eastern part of Iowa and my hole course is Quail Creek Golf Course

5. The worst thing  is easily the winter months but the best thing is the variety of golf. I have 12 courses within 30 minutes of my home. 

6. I am an assistant golf professional.

7. It’s just my name 🤷🏼‍♀️

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 8.5*  Atmos Tour Spec Blue 6S 

3w: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Tensei CK orange 70s

3Hy: :taylormade-small: M6, Atmos Black 7S

4-G: :ping-small: i210, Dynamic Gold 120 s300

54*, 58*: :ping-small: Glide 3.0, Dynamic Gold 120 

Putter: :scotty-small: Select Squareback 35"

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Hey all, I've been a reader of MGS for a few years but this is my first time in the forum so this seemed like a good place to start. So here we go:

I've, technically, been playing golf for 20+ years but the amount I've been able to play varies from year to year. My current handicap is 15.

I love the challenge. I grew up an athlete and tended to excel at any sport I took up. Golf on the other hand is the one sport that I just can't seem to figure out.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    I love the product reviews and find myself coming here more and more when I can't decide which direction to go on something... Not that I know of.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    Northern Colorado. Closest thing to a home course is Highland Hills in Greeley, CO

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    The best things are that most years I can play almost year-round (I can stand playing when it's cold). The worst is that there aren't a lot of options very near. We have three public courses within 10-15 minutes of me, but after that there aren't many more options nearby.

I am on staff at a church.

7. How’d you pick your user name?
    Um... it's my name 🙂

Driver: image.png.6d315d10311d9b38d0ca9cad952650b6.png M5 10.5 - Tensei CK Orange 60s
3W: image.png.6d315d10311d9b38d0ca9cad952650b6.png RBZ
5W: image.png.6d315d10311d9b38d0ca9cad952650b6.png SLDR
4-GW: image.png.9df0e471af2d5b9a0272d4536f1043b0.png JPX-EZ Forged - Dynamic Gold X100
Wedges: image.png.b244c1dbed7bae5489798af85f00ca52.png SM7 52 & 60
Putter: image.png.6d315d10311d9b38d0ca9cad952650b6.png TM110

image.png

Hello Everyone! My name is Matt and I'm from Liberty, Missouri. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing seriously for about 3 years but have played off and on for 6 or 7. What’s your handicap or normal score? My current GHIN is 15.5, my goal is to have that around 12 by end of this season and single digits end of next season. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love the challenge and being able to enjoy with both my friends and my dad. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I Follow the blog so thought it would be time to join the forum. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Liberty Missouri, I don't have a home course but play Hodge Park the most 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Very green and hilly courses, summer is great time to play. Worst: Lotta trees and hard to play in winter 

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a physical therapist 

7. How’d you pick your user name? its the handle to a few of my SM 

:titelist-small: - Driver - TSi2 10 deg, -1 Length, Project X TSi Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60 (6.0)
:titelist-small:  - Fairway Wood - TSi2 3 Wood 15 deg, -½ Length, Project X TSi Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Hybrid - TS2 Hybrid 19 deg Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 HYB (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Hybrid - TS2 Hybrid 23 deg Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 HYB (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Irons T200 (6 - W 48) True Temper AMT Black (S300)
:titelist-small: - Wedge - SM7 52.12 F Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:titelist-small:  - Wedge - SM8 56.12 D Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:titelist-small:  - Wedge - SM8 60.12 D Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:scotty-small: - 2020 Newport Select, Pistolini Grip, 35"
:titelist-small: - ProV1 

What's up crew,  just joining to be more involved since you know trying to be a better golfer and Reddit.com/r/golf only goes so far.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Only seriously playing golf like 2 years  summer of 2018.  handicap 14.2

2. What do you love about golf? The constant puzzle mixture of idea, versus how can you execute it and marry that up with a nice walk outside with friends. Also smashing things hard feels awesome.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Love the reviews and hate spending stupid money.  I don't mind spending it correctly but don't like throwing it away. started playing teh snells since the ball test and have been playing great.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Colorado is my home but play often in Arizona. CommonGround Golf course would be my most often.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: views and being outside in colorado. Worst: The variety of course quality and then seeing how much better their grass is compared to my lawn. 

6. What do you do for a living? Work with companies on their operations.

See you out there.  I'll be in the bushes off to the right. 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver Second hand (looking for a new driver)

:taylormade-small: M2 Tour 3-wood (savior club)

:taylormade-small: M1 Irons 5-PW

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy wedges inherited from my Father-in-Law 52,56,60

:ping-small: Tyne 2 Straight Arc

:Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos: 

Decided to join the forum. I've been a fan of the site for a while now. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing for 22 years. Currently have no idea what my handicap is, I'm usually able to keep it under 80. 

2. What do you love about golf? Having something that never lets you get comfortable. I can play great on Monday and feel lost on Tuesday. It's a constant chase of trying to improve or shoot a better score and knowing that even at your best you can still put up a mediocre score. It's challenging mentally and physically. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I just wanted a place to ask questions and hear opinions. Truthfully, I'm tired of spending $50 on balls and want to hear what other people are playing that they feel are still a good ball. I've played PRO V1 for 15+ years and recently began flirting with TP5X. I absolutely love both. But wouldn't mind seeing if there were something else out there.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Central Iowa. I grew up playing at Pleasantville GCC which is a little 9 hole that everyone in my town belongs to. I also play Tournament Club of Iowa, Copper Creek and Terrace Hills fairly often. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  I really feel like we have some pretty nice places to play here in Iowa, they're kept pretty well. I like playing courses with elevation changes and that are cut in to old timber/river valleys. They make you have to think throughout the round.  Worst thing is the weather, can't play in the winter. 

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a teacher and varsity girls basketball/softball coach.

7. How’d you pick your user name? J10 = Justin. Everyone has called me that for as long as I can remember. 

:titelist-small: TS3, 8.5°

:taylormade-small: M5, 3 wood

:cleveland-small: Halo 3i, 22°

:mizuno-small: MP-18SC, 4-PW

:vokey-small: 52°

:vokey-small: 58°

:scotty-small: California Monterey

36 minutes ago, J10 said:

Decided to join the forum. I've been a fan of the site for a while now. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing for 22 years. Currently have no idea what my handicap is, I'm usually able to keep it under 80. 

2. What do you love about golf? Having something that never lets you get comfortable. I can play great on Monday and feel lost on Tuesday. It's a constant chase of trying to improve or shoot a better score and knowing that even at your best you can still put up a mediocre score. It's challenging mentally and physically. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I just wanted a place to ask questions and hear opinions. Truthfully, I'm tired of spending $50 on balls and want to hear what other people are playing that they feel are still a good ball. I've played PRO V1 for 15+ years and recently began flirting with TP5X. I absolutely love both. But wouldn't mind seeing if there were something else out there.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Central Iowa. I grew up playing at Pleasantville GCC which is a little 9 hole that everyone in my town belongs to. I also play Tournament Club of Iowa, Copper Creek and Terrace Hills fairly often. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  I really feel like we have some pretty nice places to play here in Iowa, they're kept pretty well. I like playing courses with elevation changes and that are cut in to old timber/river valleys. They make you have to think throughout the round.  Worst thing is the weather, can't play in the winter. 

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a teacher and varsity girls basketball/softball coach.

7. How’d you pick your user name? J10 = Justin. Everyone has called me that for as long as I can remember. 

Welcome, from a former Iowa resident. Spent one summer (1987) in high school working at Jester Park.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL