Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

North Central: ND, SD, NE, IA, CO, KS, MO

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

On 5/15/2020 at 8:04 AM, Jeremy Owen said:

Good morning! I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself to the community. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf for as long as I can remember, 43'ish years would be my guess. I just established my official handicap this year for the first time since college and I'm now an 11. I want to get that down to single digits this season! 

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge. I love the feel of a crisp golf shot and seeing the penetrating flight of the ball. It's art to me. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have been following reviews for over a year now and I love the content and the No Putts Given segments. I have a few golfing buddies that know about MyGolfSpy, but I think I'm the first on the forums.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from SE Iowa, and live in Grimes, IA, just outside Des Moines. My home course is Woodward Golf Club in Woodward, IA.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? That's easy, both best and worst is the weather! We get perfect days in March, and snow the next day, a few days later, you're playing golf again...

6. What do you do for a living? I am a sales engineer for a small 3D printing company. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? I haven't put much thought into it yet, that will be next!

Looking forward to more discussions!

Jeremy

How is Jester Park these days? Worked there summer of '87. You are not far so I assume you play there in addition to Woodward.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

Hey folks, just found the forum after listening the the MGS No Putts Given Podcast. About a 14 handicap because my short game sucks. I’m from Kansas and usually play Reflection Ridge or Rolling Hills in Wichita. Just scored a new set of Srixon Z585/785 Irons and can’t wait to break 80!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - I took up golf in my mid thirties.  Decided I had too many work/business opportunities I needed to take advantage of/or miss out on.  So I convinced my wife I needed to learn how to play, and learn right, so after a summer trying to figure out why I hit this giant banana ball, I signed up for a four day golf school to learn how to really play.  Just the ball flight mechanics was a big help - discovered golf is a game of opposites...  My handicap is 10.1.  I’ve gotten down to single digits, but it’s been tough to stay there.  I can’t seem to get lower than a 9, and don’t float much higher than an 11.  My biggest challenge is distance - getting older (53) has sapped my driver distance.

2. What do you love about golf? - My home game I play alone at dawn.  The grounds crew and I know each other well....  it’s my  time.  Clear my head.  #EnjoyTheWalk  Me, the birds, sunrise, the quiet....  oh, I love playing with friends, the competition, the camaraderie, etc, but my favorite times are at dawn.  I also love that it’s competition against myself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - i came across the articles and reviews a couple years ago. I liked that it wasn’t advertiser driven.  I got into the forums really as a lurker.  But I’m chasing things down the rabbit hole. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? - Live in Sioux City IA where is Whispering Creek is my home track.  I also work in DesMoines (yes, that’s three hours away) so play a lot there.  I also am a member of the Prairie Club in Valentine NE (four hours away) and get out there once a month for a weekend of non-stop play.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - The fall brings short days... and in the spring it takes too long for the sun to climb over the horizon.  I want to tee off no later than 7, and sometimes that’s just too early.  I can live with the winter break - absence makes the heart grow fonder.  Come the first of November I’m ready to focus on other things, but come April I definitely have the itch...

6. What do you do for a living? I work in government affairs, and public relations - hence I live in Sioux City and work in DesMoines. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? I used to organize an annual trip of 12-20 folks to take an early spring trip down to the RTJ Trail in AL when it was still to early to play in Iowa.  First year our hotel was across the parking lot from a Waffle House and that became our rally point every morning.  Every year after I had to call around to find hotels next to Waffle Houses....  That’s my handle for all golf related things from here to fantasy golf leagues

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

hey there, I’m from Sioux City, (my brother lives in Grimes) and play a lot in DesMoines.  Played Beaver Creek many times over the years but have never been to Woodward.  Just gotta ask, what causes a guy to drive past Beaver to get to Woodward? That good a track, or just where friends play?  I’m always looking to try someplace new...

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts

On 5/15/2020 at 9:04 AM, Jeremy Owen said:

Good morning! I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself to the community. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf for as long as I can remember, 43'ish years would be my guess. I just established my official handicap this year for the first time since college and I'm now an 11. I want to get that down to single digits this season! 

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge. I love the feel of a crisp golf shot and seeing the penetrating flight of the ball. It's art to me. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have been following reviews for over a year now and I love the content and the No Putts Given segments. I have a few golfing buddies that know about MyGolfSpy, but I think I'm the first on the forums.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from SE Iowa, and live in Grimes, IA, just outside Des Moines. My home course is Woodward Golf Club in Woodward, IA.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? That's easy, both best and worst is the weather! We get perfect days in March, and snow the next day, a few days later, you're playing golf again...

6. What do you do for a living? I am a sales engineer for a small 3D printing company. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? I haven't put much thought into it yet, that will be next!

Looking forward to more discussions!

Jeremy

hey there, I’m from Sioux City, (my brother lives in Grimes) and play a lot in DesMoines.  Played Beaver Creek many times over the years but have never been to Woodward.  Just gotta ask, what causes a guy to drive past Beaver to get to Woodward? That good a track, or just where friends play?  I’m always looking to try someplace new...

On 5/29/2020 at 2:45 PM, Titleist87 said:

How is Jester Park these days? Worked there summer of '87. You are not far so I assume you play there in addition to Woodward.

I haven't played Jester in a few years. It gets so busy out there. The course was sold to a management company and they pumped a bunch of money into the course. I've hear number 11 has been completely reworked and does not need to be a layup par 5 any longer. I usually get to play Beaver Creek about one or twice a year. The south course had a serious issue with some insects and killed most of the pines, but that  is still my favorite of the 3 nines out there.

My Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue

3 Wood: Mizuno ST200

Irons: Mizuon MP 20 6-PW, MP 20 HMB 3-5

Wedges: T20 50deg, 55deg, 58deg Blue

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2019 at 5:11 PM, Ascott320 said:

Hey fellas,

Started playing at age 6. Played competitive through high school. Been 27 years now. 

I love having pursued a career in the industry. I don’t work, I just hang out on a golf course all day long.. at least that’s what I tell people

Saw some opportunities to test equipment, but eager to thumb through some of the other forums and product reviews. 

From Kansas City, still reside here. Grew up playing the OP courses. Have worked at 8 facilities, could call them my temporary homes  

Winter sucks and summers are hot but plenty of golfable days to be found. 

Im a golf course superintendent at a nice club in town. 

Username is my go-to. Nothing creative. 

I’m from KC as well.  What’s your schedule like as a super?  Are you still able to play often?  Other than your club do you have a favorite around town?  I’d say Creekmoor is probably at the top of my list personally.

MP20 MMC

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Hey Everyone!

I have been playing for about 20 years.... maybe 10 seriously. Normally try to shoot around an 85 or so my handicap is about 17/18. I enjoy golf because it has been something my grandpa and I do when we go on family vacation and allowed me to make new friends through school and on the course. Being left handed, I struggle to find clubs but golfspy has made is easier for me to narrow down some clubs. Currently, I live in Omaha and play damn near every public course in the city or near it. Best and worst part is the inconsistent weather and lack of courses where I live for new options (public courses wise). I am sales rep for industrial generators and my name is just my name haha

Driver- Rogue ST LS

3W- Sim TI 

5W- Apex UW

UI- T200 3 iron

Irons- Vapor Pro 5-9

SM8 46* SM9 50* SM9 55* Jaws 59*

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve been looking at MGS for a while off and on, mainly checking out equipment reviews, I’m an equipment addict... I decided to join as I kept seeing posts I wanted to comment on, and figured what the heck.

Ive been playing (and I use the term “playing” loosely) golf for 13 years off and on. I’m coming back to the game after a long hiatus. I hadn’t played in about 6 years until recently when some guys I work with kept asking me to play. I finally gave in and now I’m hooked again! Went out and got fitted for new clubs, got some new clothes and now I’m back into it deep... As to my handicap, no idea, I haven’t even kept score yet, since coming back. I plan on taking the rest of this season to tune up and hopefully be more serious. When I was playing quite a while ago high 80s to mid 90s was pretty normal.

I’m retired Army and currently work for the Army as a civilian. I was stationed in IL (lived in IA) when I retired and like the area, so when I saw a job opening I came back. Currently in the Quad Cities.

i don’t have a “home course” Palmer Hills is the closest but the guys I play with like to go different places all the time. I’m hoping to get my game back in shape so I can play TPC Deer Run next year... 

The thing I love most about golf is that one or two shots during a round that makes you feel like Tiger Woods and keeps you coming back, no matter how bad you played the rest of the round. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus Driver, Ping Tour 173-65 Regular

:ping-small: G410 5 wood, Ping Tour 173-65 Regular

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 3 Iron, Alta CB 70 Regular

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-LW Project X LZ 5.5

:scotty-small:   Phantom X 12

:titelist-small: Pro V1x Yellow

:Arccos:

1 minute ago, jp0319 said:

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve been looking at MGS for a while off and on, mainly checking out equipment reviews, I’m an equipment addict... I decided to join as I kept seeing posts I wanted to comment on, and figured what the heck.

Ive been playing (and I use the term “playing” loosely) golf for 13 years off and on. I’m coming back to the game after a long hiatus. I hadn’t played in about 6 years until recently when some guys I work with kept asking me to play. I finally gave in and now I’m hooked again! Went out and got fitted for new clubs, got some new clothes and now I’m back into it deep... As to my handicap, no idea, I haven’t even kept score yet, since coming back. I plan on taking the rest of this season to tune up and hopefully be more serious. When I was playing quite a while ago high 80s to mid 90s was pretty normal.

I’m retired Army and currently work for the Army as a civilian. I was stationed in IL (lived in IA) when I retired and like the area, so when I saw a job opening I came back. Currently in the Quad Cities.

i don’t have a “home course” Palmer Hills is the closest but the guys I play with like to go different places all the time. I’m hoping to get my game back in shape so I can play TPC Deer Run next year... 

The thing I love most about golf is that one or two shots during a round that makes you feel like Tiger Woods and keeps you coming back, no matter how bad you played the rest of the round. 

Welcome, you certainly picked the right place to be for an equipment addict.  Get into the equipment threads and you'll see some extraordinarily knowledgeable people participating in there.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

11 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Welcome, you certainly picked the right place to be for an equipment addict.  Get into the equipment threads and you'll see some extraordinarily knowledgeable people participating in there.

Thanks, I've been looking into the equipment threads for a long time, its one reason I joined.

:ping-small: G410 Plus Driver, Ping Tour 173-65 Regular

:ping-small: G410 5 wood, Ping Tour 173-65 Regular

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 3 Iron, Alta CB 70 Regular

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-LW Project X LZ 5.5

:scotty-small:   Phantom X 12

:titelist-small: Pro V1x Yellow

:Arccos:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
Been playing golf since I was a kid, grew up a few blocks from a tiny muni course in southern Colorado. Now I'm 36 and have been rediscovering how much I love playing golf. I'm around a 12-14 handicap after not playing more than two or three times a year in the last decade. Just after high school, I had my handicap down to a 3.8.

2. What do you love about golf?
How hard it is, that feeling when everything in clicking, hitting a great shot after hitting a string of poor shots, reading a line accurately and nailing a long putt, hitting a pure approach shot feet from the pin, etc. I love it all. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
Never heard of MGS until recently, I was looking for a review of the Hogan GS53 driver. Seemed like a fun site to get involved with. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
I'm from Monte Vista, CO but live in Broomfield, CO now. I don't really have a home course, I've played Colorado National the most recently.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
There aren't a ton of courses on the northern Front Range or really in Colorado in general. That leads to the courses usually being quite busy. But the best thing about here is the views, hard to beat those. 

6. What do you do for a living?
I work in marketing and advertising at an agency in Denver. 

7. How’d you pick your user name?
I've spent the last 15 years as an on/off professional photographer primarily in landscape and nature photography. My Photography Here (I hope it's ok to insert a link). 

I'm always on the lookout for people to play with, I don't have a ton of friends who golf and it's hard to align schedules. Hit me up if you're in the area. 

:benhogan-small:GS53 10.5 Driver

:titelist-small: 975F 3W

:taylormade-small: Firesole 5W

:benhogan-small:1999 Apex Irons 3-SW

:titelist-small: 52 degree Gap Wedge

:taylormade-small: Tour 61 degree Lob Wedge

:ping-small: Isopur 2

Soli deo gloria

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all - Have been a MGS reader for quite some time, and felt like it was about time to join the forums and meet with like minded individuals when it comes to all things golf!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• I've been playing since I was 10, so coming up on 22 years. My handicap is a flat 12 right now, was in the single digits before a wrist injury, and now slowly working my way back. 

2. What do you love about golf?

• Everything. The ability to be super competitive against yourself, against others in a tourney, or the other side of the spectrum playing a fun round with friends. My nephew is also starting to take up golf, and so getting to see the game through his eyes as he learns is really neat. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• I've avidly followed the review processes MGS does for clubs/balls/etc. for a few years - the data driven approach really aligns with my approach to golf/career/life, so has always been a trusted source of info. I don't know any other Spies, but look forward to meeting.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

• I'm originally from Rhodes, IA, but now reside in West Des Moines, IA. My home course growing up was The Harvester, which held the #1 ranked public course in the state for 10+ years before going private recently. Now, I play all over town since there are 8-10 public courses and 3 country clubs within 20 or so minutes from my house.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Affordabilty for public courses that are a good challenge - despite the prevailing thought that Iowa is flat, it's actually a bunch of rolling hills and trees, which leads to some pretty good golf. Worst thing is winter, season ends by November at the latest, and an early March start at the best.

6. What do you do for a living?

• I'm an internal business consultant for a bank, overseeing risk and controls for our mortgage trading and securitization activities.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

• Big Black Sabbath fan.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero,10°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3W: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 15°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3H: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 18°, KBS Tour Hybrid 75S

4i-PW: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Pro, +1°, True Temper Elevate Tour S, Standard Lie

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 - 50°/12F, 54°/14F, 58°/14K

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Special Select Squareback 2, 35"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

On 5/29/2020 at 2:45 PM, Titleist87 said:

I'm not the OP, but live in West Des Moines and play Jester a fair amount. It's now included as part of the City of DSM season pass along with Waveland and others, so a bunch of money got pumped in to rework the clubhouse and upkeep the grounds. In really nice condition all the time now, but definitely more busy being a part of the season pass, along with the continued growth of DSM.

4i-PW: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Pro, +1°, True Temper Elevate Tour S, Standard Lie

I have been playing since I was 6 years old.  Normally shoot mid low 70,s

live about golf... the ability to try and beat myself each week.  Golf is a very humbling sport and you have to learn that everyday will be different and you have to roll with everything. 

Follow on Twitter and live the content.  

Omaha, Ne.  Home course Indian Creek.  

Winter. And Winter. 

health care administration 

Wilson staff 100 anniversary Irons

Hello everyone! New to the forum, but I am not new to the MGS website and content. Such good information being pumped out by MGS. Thought I would join the forum to get more involved.

1. How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing golf for roughly 10 years. I played on my high school golf team, took a 20 year hiatus from golf, and have gotten back into golfing in the last 3-4 years. What’s your handicap or normal score? I use the Arccos system and my overall handicap is 10.8 and my normal score is in the low 80s. This summer I broke 80 for the first time which was an awesome feeling (78, but should have been a 76 except for that one botched hole)!
  2. What do you love about golf? I love being outside. I love the exercise. I love the technology within golf and I love playing with random people.
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Knowledge, reading about others journeys, and always being a student of getting better. Do you already know any other Spies? I do not.
  4. Where are you from? Live in Carroll, IA but play a ton of golf in Omaha, NE. What is your home course? Probably Shoreline Golf Course in Council Bluffs, IA. 
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is access to good golf for a reasonable price. The worst is weather. Midwest weather is volatile and there are those months of winter without golf unless you can travel to play.
  6. What do you do for a living? Senior art director at Turnpost Design Group in Omaha, NE
  7. How’d you pick your user name? I've had a long relationship with the term Squirrel or Squirrelly. Too long to explain in a forum. I would explain the story after a long drive between shots. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Max
Wood: Titleist TSi1
Hybrid: Titleist TSi1
Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-PW
Wedges: Mizuno T20 50º/55º/60º
Putter: Evnroll er11v

Tech: Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors
Ball: Titleist ProV1X
Cart: Clicgear 4.0

Decided to join the forum after reading MGS for a while now and really loving the content and the NPG podcasts. Keep up the great content.

1. I've been playing golf for around 17 years now, more dedicated to actually playing and improving the last 10 years. I've got my handicap down to around 8.6 but it bounces between 7.5 and 9.5.

2. Golf is a wonderful game of endless challenges. I love that I can be as competitive as I want with myself and still be out to have fun with friends and family who may not want to compete. It's also a great way to spend time outside and enjoy some really beautiful landscapes.

3. MGS puts out the best golf content with unbiased reviews and extremely insightful information. I am a golf nerd and really enjoy learning more and more about the game, equipment, industry etc. I don't know any other spies, but looking forward to getting more acquainted through the forums.

4. I'm from Fargo, ND. My home course is Balmoral near our lake place in MN.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? By far the worst thing about golfing up here is that you can only do it for a few months a year. That also leads to one of the great things about it in that you really appreciate the time you get to spend on the course. One other plus about golfing up north is that you don't have to worry about things that can kill you near the ponds & woods should your ball stray from the fairway (looking at you gators in Florida).

6. I work in HR for a manufacturing company.

7. My username comes from my Italian heritage.

Driver: TaylorMade M5 9* Project X Hzrdus Smoke 70 6S
Fairway Wood: Cobra Amp Cell 15* Fujikura S
Hyrbrid: Adams 19*
Irons: Ping i210 (4-PW) Dynamic Gold S120
Wedges: Ping Tour 50*, 54* CFS S & Cleveland RTX3 58* Wedge Flex
Putter: Ping Answer 2
Ball: Titleist ProV1x
Bag: Ogio Shredder

On 9/11/2020 at 9:29 AM, GBWarPig said:

I'm not the OP, but live in West Des Moines and play Jester a fair amount. It's now included as part of the City of DSM season pass along with Waveland and others, so a bunch of money got pumped in to rework the clubhouse and upkeep the grounds. In really nice condition all the time now, but definitely more busy being a part of the season pass, along with the continued growth of DSM.

Well then I have to ask about Willow Creek. That was our high school course. I am contemplating driving out to Iowa (and Minnesota) next year to play golf at my old stomping grounds. Will have to play Jester and Willow Creek.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

2 hours ago, Titleist87 said:

Well then I have to ask about Willow Creek. That was our high school course. I am contemplating driving out to Iowa (and Minnesota) next year to play golf at my old stomping grounds. Will have to play Jester and Willow Creek.

Willow really struggles on their upkeep anymore, which is a shame. Still a nice shorter course if the conditions are right, but they push for a tee time every 5-7 minutes, so gets beat up pretty quick.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I have been on the forum for a little while just not very active. I think that getting on this might help improve my game, if only a little. Below is a little about me.

I have been playing golf since I was 17 so 24 years, wow 24 years! I have never been an avid golfer. I would play anywhere from 0-6 rounds a year. The most I played was over the summer when I was in college. I worked at a course and would play 3-4 days a week. I had my scoring down to low 80's. Then graduated and moved to Colorado and went back to 0-6 rounds a year. so currently my scores are in the low 90's and I am pushing to break 90. I missed it by one stroke a coupe weeks ago. Long and short I am somone who wants to play more, but life and budget get in the way. If you are in Northern Colorado and need someone to fill a foursome I will do my best to be that person. 

Ping G5 ___10º driver
Taylor Made Sim Ti___15º fairway wood
Northwestern Ti___5 wood
PXG 0211 DC___5-AW
Mizuno MP_56º 
White Line_Putter

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I started playing around 10 years old.  I'm usually in the 90 to mid-90's range.

2. What do you love about golf?  I enjoy the competition and challenge along with uniqueness and beauty each course has to offer.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I typically only get out a couple times of year so typically don't take myself too seriously while playing.  I've been wanting to get more serious, terrible timing now that I have 3 small children but here we are.  I'm looking to upgrade my equipment so I've been doing a lot of research on clubs.  Came across some reviews on the site and instagram.  Looking to keep the research going and keep my golf knowledge growing.  I do not know any spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  St. Louis.  Creve Coeur Golf Course is where I've played most.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  I think we have a lot of courses to choose from based on skill level and/or price range which is great.  I would say weather is the worst thing with very hot and humid summers and cold winters.

6. What do you do for a living?  I design air conditioning and heating systems for commercial buildings - schools, hospitals, office buildings, etc.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  My initials.  Yes, very creative.

Hello, friends! I`ve just joined to community nice to meet you all 🙂 

So here we go

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Not too long.  Everyone tell there they`he started about 8-10 years ago, somebody has been playingplaying since school/college (oh sweet chilhood times with dad). But I`ve started  about 2 years ago and I can`t stop. Not much. My current handicap is about 2-4.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love the feeling of control. When many points depends on my skills, patience, the balance and harmony inside of me. However, objectivetly I understand I can`t control everything. That`s why the challenge and competition also attracts me and makes my heart beating faster.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? When i`ve started the first time I played with my colleagues every friday. During the time i`ve been consistently explored this new field for me. Recently I`ve seen adverticement offer and go to this site. So I found content is really good despite my sceptic feelings about marketing offers. don't know other Spies yet.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I was born in German, Muenchen. 5 years ago we`ve moved with my wife to Philadelphia. Now we currently live in Kansas City. Winterstone Golf Course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Weather features. Summer is too hot for playing. And the game sometimes is hard especially for me. Anyway I adore the game too much to stop play.

6. What do you do for a living?  Finance consultant

7. How’d you pick your user name?  My username is the same as my name and year of birth.

Edited by David1954

Just attach it here. Enjoy the wonderfull landscape of my motherlad - Bavaria🙂

Yours sincerely,

David

61f442bc8e8216e711f2c055e3b5d69f.jpg

On 12/21/2019 at 7:08 PM, Locharion said:

Hello forum!  My name is Paul.  

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I started hacking away when I was in my early teens (driving range and par 3s) but I didn't start playing with any regularity until I was in my late 20s. According to an app, my handicap is 15.  Depending on the layout and distance of a course, I shoot in the upper 80s on a good day but other days it is in the low 90s.

2. What do you love about golf?  My dad, who is 78, is my golf buddy.  It gives us time to talk without distractions and disruptions.  When I am playing just by myself, I love the solitude.  The phone is off, the cigar is lit, and I can just be present without demands or a to-do list.  Finally, no matter how bad the round, when you hit a shot well, and you see the results, that feeling is addictive.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I do not know any other spies, but I appreciate that the reviews on the site provide another source of information that I can trust is not influenced by advertisers. Also, I appreciate the testing methodology that is stated so I know what aligns best with my game.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I am born and bred in St Louis. I don't have one specific home course, but the one that I play the most is Old Columbia Golf Club which is just across the river in Illinois.  It is an open and forgiving course.  Generally, the players who play there are always courteous and the pace of play is consistent. Rarely has the course been in bad shape, and in warmer winters, you can play into December.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about golf is my region is that there are options throughout the metro area to play.  Rarely do you have to drive more than 10 miles to have an option to play 18 holes.  The worst thing about golf in the region is that most courses with character, uniqueness, or wonderfully scenery is either private or priced out of the average golfer's budget.  Those courses that are in between the general 18 hole layout or the upper echelon require some driving to get to it, and the golfers that play those courses typically are not hospitable nor seem to care about pace of play.

6. What do you do for a living?  I am a proud to say I am a teacher.  I also coach high school football.

7. How’d you pick your user name?   Back in my college days, I was part of an RPG (that's role playing game) group, and Locharion was a memorable character in one of our storylines who just happened to be a dragon.  I liked the name, and I decided to keep it.

So great to spend free time playing golf with Dad. Your Dad must be enjoy active sports life and time with you. Pleasually to see continuity of generations. Take care!

Yours sincerely,

David

On 10/15/2020 at 1:34 PM, HomeTownKid said:

Hi everyone! I have been on the forum for a little while just not very active. I think that getting on this might help improve my game, if only a little. Below is a little about me.

I have been playing golf since I was 17 so 24 years, wow 24 years! I have never been an avid golfer. I would play anywhere from 0-6 rounds a year. The most I played was over the summer when I was in college. I worked at a course and would play 3-4 days a week. I had my scoring down to low 80's. Then graduated and moved to Colorado and went back to 0-6 rounds a year. so currently my scores are in the low 90's and I am pushing to break 90. I missed it by one stroke a coupe weeks ago. Long and short I am somone who wants to play more, but life and budget get in the way. If you are in Northern Colorado and need someone to fill a foursome I will do my best to be that person. 

I am in the Springs so not exactly Northern Colorado but definitely looking to travel next season and explore some of the courses. I am in the same boat as you after moving to CO from Phoenix last year. Haven't teed it up enough to know how bad I am playing anymore but recommiting to my game and plan do some work over the winter.

WITB

Ping G410 | Titleist TS3 | Srixon Z585 |Cleveland RTX4 | Ping Redwood Piper | Pro V1

First Post.  Of Any Kind. Ever.  I've never done forums.  Hopefully I'm not out of place very much.

Answers to the welcome page are below.  I have a few other thoughts and introductions to throw out.

I LOVE GOLF.  I'll play if the course is open.  25 and rain?  Yep.  Windy and snowing?  They make Yellow balls in a ProV1 now.  I'm game. 

I tell people all the time, there are good golfers, and good players.  A good golfer is someone who loves the game, respects the game, and plays the game with all that entails.  A good player is someone who shoots a low score.  Not all good players are good golfers.   Be a good golfer.

I believe golf is more than a course, WITB, or an activity.  It is comprised of those things.  It is so much more.  You can play golf.  Or one can BE a Golfer.  I love everything about the game.  It is one of very places/times where I can be free of negativity and find some peace.  Even after dunking one in a lake and another OB....

I wanted to add answers to other questions I've been asked about me as a golfer:  Best round. 

How can I pick one?

• Any round with my family.  Kids and my Dad.
  • Lowest round ever - 69
  • Lowest to par - 70 @ Coral Canyon, ST George UT / 70 @ South Suburban, CO
  • Best Played round - 76 @ Pebble Beach, just prior to 2010 US Open.  Played from longest tees they had out. (not tour tees, but long for me).
  • Best Played round #2 - Add a tie to the above with rounds of 74 @Erin Hills, 4 weeks after US Open, 78 @ Whistling Straits... in the wind, 76 @TPC Sawgrass, 3 weeks after the Players 2019.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been playing since is was 4.  Which means more than 30 years.... I'm old.  Current index is 2.3.  Lowest ever.  Normally run in the mid 70's.  77 or up is bad day. 

What do you love about golf? 

Everything.  A better question would be what don't I like about golf?  I feel like some of the art and skill has been taken out of the game with to much tech and analytics.  I'm a little hypocritical, because I have some pretty new and user friendly equipment, but I still struggle with feeling like I'm cheating. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Not sure exactly.  I read a lot on the site.  I love the unbiased stuff the site does.  Even though I feel a bit like some of the art that is lost, MGS is perpetuating, I feel they genuinely care about the game.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Colorado Native!  Colorado Mountain Native!  Which means I was in ski boots before I could walk.  I grew up in the mountains.  My current home courses are many of the ones in the Denver Metro area, south.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best:  The scenery.  The weather.  Worst:  Some courses close for 4 months over the winter.  Hitting a thin shot when it's 30 deg outside..... 

What do you do for a living?

Not Golf, unfortunately.

How’d you pick your user name?

Because "Best Golfer of All Time" was taken.....  No reason really.

And finally, because it seems all the rage.....  What's in my Bag!  (For today at least... the putter is on a carousel)

• Driver - Taylormade M3 440
  • 3W - Titlest 917 F
  • 3H - Adams Pro Mini 20
  • 4H - Adams Pro Mini 23
  • 5-P - Callaway Apex Pro 2019 w/KBS C-Taper 120S
  • 50/54/58 - Titlest SM 5
  • Putter(s) - Ping Vault Voss / Ping Milled Anser / Odyssey Tour Black series #8 / Ping Vault 2 B60 / Scotty Cameraon Newport 2 Button Back  (I HAVE ISSUES WITH PUTTERS!!!!!)

That is all.... for now.  Pictures are 17@ Sawgrass, Piper@Spanish Bay, 11@Agusta

2019-04-10_TPCSawgrass_NIKON_D750-TAMRON_SP_24-70mm_F-2.8_Di_VC_USD_G2_A032N_0042-Pano.jpg

CBF_Photography-022.jpg

CBF_Photography-060.jpg

A good Golfer is someone who loves the game and all that comes with it.  A good Player is someone who can score.

Not all players are good golfers.  Be a good Golfer.

• Driver - Taylormade TSi 3
  • 3W - Titlest 917 F
  • 3H - Taylormade Sim2 19.5
  • 4H - Taylormade Sim2 22.5
  • 5-P - In Transition
  • 50/54/58 - Titlest SM 8
  • Putter(s) - Ping Vault Voss / Ping Milled Anser / Odyssey Tour Black series #8 / Ping Vault 2 B60 / Scotty Cameraon Newport 2 Button Back  (I HAVE ISSUES WITH PUTTERS!!!!!)

17 hours ago, Stopher said:

First Post.  Of Any Kind. Ever.  I've never done forums.  Hopefully I'm not out of place very much.

Answers to the welcome page are below.  I have a few other thoughts and introductions to throw out.

I LOVE GOLF.  I'll play if the course is open.  25 and rain?  Yep.  Windy and snowing?  They make Yellow balls in a ProV1 now.  I'm game. 

I tell people all the time, there are good golfers, and good players.  A good golfer is someone who loves the game, respects the game, and plays the game with all that entails.  A good player is someone who shoots a low score.  Not all good players are good golfers.   Be a good golfer.

I believe golf is more than a course, WITB, or an activity.  It is comprised of those things.  It is so much more.  You can play golf.  Or one can BE a Golfer.  I love everything about the game.  It is one of very places/times where I can be free of negativity and find some peace.  Even after dunking one in a lake and another OB....

I wanted to add answers to other questions I've been asked about me as a golfer:  Best round. 

How can I pick one?

• Any round with my family.  Kids and my Dad.
  • Lowest round ever - 69
  • Lowest to par - 70 @ Coral Canyon, ST George UT / 70 @ South Suburban, CO
  • Best Played round - 76 @ Pebble Beach, just prior to 2010 US Open.  Played from longest tees they had out. (not tour tees, but long for me).
  • Best Played round #2 - Add a tie to the above with rounds of 74 @Erin Hills, 4 weeks after US Open, 78 @ Whistling Straits... in the wind, 76 @TPC Sawgrass, 3 weeks after the Players 2019.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been playing since is was 4.  Which means more than 30 years.... I'm old.  Current index is 2.3.  Lowest ever.  Normally run in the mid 70's.  77 or up is bad day. 

What do you love about golf? 

Everything.  A better question would be what don't I like about golf?  I feel like some of the art and skill has been taken out of the game with to much tech and analytics.  I'm a little hypocritical, because I have some pretty new and user friendly equipment, but I still struggle with feeling like I'm cheating. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Not sure exactly.  I read a lot on the site.  I love the unbiased stuff the site does.  Even though I feel a bit like some of the art that is lost, MGS is perpetuating, I feel they genuinely care about the game.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Colorado Native!  Colorado Mountain Native!  Which means I was in ski boots before I could walk.  I grew up in the mountains.  My current home courses are many of the ones in the Denver Metro area, south.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best:  The scenery.  The weather.  Worst:  Some courses close for 4 months over the winter.  Hitting a thin shot when it's 30 deg outside..... 

What do you do for a living?

Not Golf, unfortunately.

How’d you pick your user name?

Because "Best Golfer of All Time" was taken.....  No reason really.

And finally, because it seems all the rage.....  What's in my Bag!  (For today at least... the putter is on a carousel)

• Driver - Taylormade M3 440
  • 3W - Titlest 917 F
  • 3H - Adams Pro Mini 20
  • 4H - Adams Pro Mini 23
  • 5-P - Callaway Apex Pro 2019 w/KBS C-Taper 120S
  • 50/54/58 - Titlest SM 5

That is all.... for now.  Pictures are 17@ Sawgrass, Piper@Spanish Bay, 11@Agusta

2019-04-10_TPCSawgrass_NIKON_D750-TAMRON_SP_24-70mm_F-2.8_Di_VC_USD_G2_A032N_0042-Pano.jpg

CBF_Photography-022.jpg

CBF_Photography-060.jpg

Inspiring story! Seems you are eager to golf )

Yours sincerely,

David

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 4:19 PM, tyler621 said:

I am in the Springs so not exactly Northern Colorado but definitely looking to travel next season and explore some of the courses. I am in the same boat as you after moving to CO from Phoenix last year. Haven't teed it up enough to know how bad I am playing anymore but recommiting to my game and plan do some work over the winter.

Tyler, we have some great courses up her in No Co. A lot of really good muni course. I typically play Mariana Butte in Loveland or Highland Meadows in Windsor. TPC Colorado is a beautiful course, but I could make a car payment for what a round of 18 costs out there. If you make it up this way let me know maybe we meet up for 18.

Ping G5 ___10º driver
Taylor Made Sim Ti___15º fairway wood
Northwestern Ti___5 wood
PXG 0211 DC___5-AW
Mizuno MP_56º 
White Line_Putter

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing seriously about 12-13 years.  Handicap is about 18.

2. What do you love about golf? I like being outside and I like the mental aspect of a physical sport.   You learn a lot about forgetting mistakes and moving on.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I love the information they provide and the testing.  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Manhattan, KS.  Don't really have a home course, but I play Colbert Hills, Wildcat Creek and Rolling Meadows.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best: Lots of great courses and not too expensive.  Doesn't take long to drive to play.  Worst:  The rough is pretty penal here in terms of balls flat out disappearing and the winters are rough.  

6. What do you do for a living? Human Resources.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just one I use.  No special meaning.  

Edited by jaywelby34

Manhattan, KS 

:ping-small: Ping G30 Driver 9.5 degrees

:taylormade-small:Taylor Made RBZ Black 3 wood

Nike Vapor 3 Hybrid

:Sub70:Sub70 699 Pro Irons 4-PW (KBS Tour 120 Stiff)

:taylormade-small:Taylor Made ATV 58 and 52 wedges

:tour-edge: Tour Edge 56 Sand Wedge

:odyssey-small:Odyssey White Hot #9 Putter

No official handicap but about 18.  

On 11/6/2020 at 9:16 AM, HomeTownKid said:

Tyler, we have some great courses up her in No Co. A lot of really good muni course. I typically play Mariana Butte in Loveland or Highland Meadows in Windsor. TPC Colorado is a beautiful course, but I could make a car payment for what a round of 18 costs out there. If you make it up this way let me know maybe we meet up for 18.

Sounds good - I would love to make that trip. Might have to do a little research and find some breweries up there too. 

WITB

Ping G410 | Titleist TS3 | Srixon Z585 |Cleveland RTX4 | Ping Redwood Piper | Pro V1