TESTERS WANTED! ×

North Central: ND, SD, NE, IA, CO, KS, MO

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Welcome to the forum, hope ypu enjoy, good people here.

Tommy Armour TA -1 driver

Adams 2 hy

Adams 3 hy

Tommy Armour 4hy

Adams 5 hy

STi-2 irons 6-GW

Acer 52 & 54 wedges

Pinemeadow SS 400 putter

Hello All,

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• I started getting frustrated with the game about 10 years ago.  The GHIN system says my handicap 4, but I normally shoot 75-82.

2. What do you love about golf?

• I love because, I actually don't know why I love golf, I just do.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• I actually found MyGolfSpy when they first started up.  However, I am becoming more involved because I tend to track golf equipment pretty hard.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

• I am from Chicago moved to Colorado (go figure).  I currently don't have a home course, but I know my way around City Park. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Colorado gives you some of the best golf views in the nation, but the cost to play out here is ridiculous. 

6. What do you do for a living?

• Currently I am an "engineer."

7. How’d you pick your user name?

• It is a secret code

NMB

Titleist Pro V1x

Titleist 915D3/TS4

Tileist 917 F3

Mizuno MP-20 MMB

Mizuno T20s

Bettinardi Queen Bee 6

On 8/8/2021 at 5:06 PM, NMB14 said:

Hello All,

• I started getting frustrated with the game about 10 years ago.  The GHIN system says my handicap 4, but I normally shoot 75-82.

• I love because, I actually don't know why I love golf, I just do.

• I actually found MyGolfSpy when they first started up.  However, I am becoming more involved because I tend to track golf equipment pretty hard.

• I am from Chicago moved to Colorado (go figure).  I currently don't have a home course, but I know my way around City Park. 

• Colorado gives you some of the best golf views in the nation, but the cost to play out here is ridiculous. 

• Currently I am an "engineer."

• It is a secret code

Yeah golf in CO is outrageous imo. Also after last summer there has never been more players in the state than now. The fact you know city park well is honestly impressive considering the 18 hole weekend tee-times seem to be taken immediately after they are available two weeks out. I tend to play Kennedy since I live in Parker and my friends live near that course. Curious as to why you quoted engineer. Any fun story with that? 

• Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 8° Accra FX2.0 250 M4
  • PXG 5 wood turned 4 wood hzrd black
  • PXG 3 Hybrid hzrd black
  • Taylormade 2019 P790's KBS Tour S 4-5
  • PXG 0211 ST 6-GW
  • Vokey 54/58° sm8 
  • Mizuno Mcraft 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 6:44 PM, ST3LTR0 said:

Yeah golf in CO is outrageous imo. Also after last summer there has never been more players in the state than now. The fact you know city park well is honestly impressive considering the 18 hole weekend tee-times seem to be taken immediately after they are available two weeks out. I tend to play Kennedy since I live in Parker and my friends live near that course. Curious as to why you quoted engineer. Any fun story with that? 

YES! A lot of golfers! It seems everyone and their mother now golfs, literally.  It is great to see because I love watching the game grow, but the obviously it has really impacted the veteran hackers. 

I have an "in" there, so I tend to play there every other weekend morning... I am really grateful for that.  I have only played CP and Willis.  I have really not found an opportunity to play other city courses, but Kennedy seems fun. 

By degree, I am a Biologist/Health Scientist... due to COVID I was not able to immediately that market.  I ended up using my mathematic skills to design and implement critical infrastructure. 

NMB

Titleist Pro V1x

Titleist 915D3/TS4

Tileist 917 F3

Mizuno MP-20 MMB

Mizuno T20s

Bettinardi Queen Bee 6

1. How long have you been playing golf? 25 years or so, just got more serious about it recently.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 110-115 but taking lessons to drop that!

3. What do you love about golf? Just trying new courses, improving each time out, new challenges.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don’t know why others, I started watching the podcast on YouTube and found my way here. 

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Kansas City area. I play stone canyon mainly.

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is a lot of good courses within a reasonable distance. Worst would be weather. It goes from blazing hot to snow on the ground.

7. What do you do for a living? I’m in sales for a technology company in the automotive industry.

8. How’d you pick your user name? Just my favorite team.

Current bag: titleist tsi2, rbz 3 hybrid, callaway x20 4-p, random wedges, old taylormade putter.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Been playing just over 50 years now. Come a long ways from the cut down wooden shafted clubs from Grandpa's basement!

2. I say my handicap is between my ears, but currently play to a 7.

3. I love that the 'same' course is never the same. Even when you play it the same day, the wind is different, the sun, the grass has grown, etc. Still gotta put the ball in the hole!

4. A co-worker mentioned it several years ago, just really decided to join in more now.

5. Midwest - Kansas City last 30 years. Play mostly public courses, but had a job where I could play most private clubs for about 10 years. Falcon Lakes or Paradise Point are where I play most rounds lately.

6. Best things: lots of choices on where to play.  Worst thing: I used to walk a lot, but most courses require a cart. I get the reasons, just miss the stroll down a fairway at sunset.

7. Retail manager for a pretty good national chain.

8. User name first came up in Fantasy Football, was then working in golf area and wanted to have a little fun with the name.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: North Central Region

North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

Hey everybody, MH here. I'm a 13 handicap who breaks 90 most days. The two things I love most about golf is the chance to be outside in nature and the chance to share in a game with friends and my dad. 

I live in Kansas City, Missouri and am a member at Lake Quivira Country Club. Our course is arguably the most distinctive course in the Kansas City area (which isn't to say that it's the best course in the area, but I really love it) due to its hills and its location right next to the lake. The course is in great shape right now. If there are KC guys / gals who would like to play a round at LQCC, let me know and I'd be happy to get you on with a guest fee of around $100. 

I'm a criminal defense lawyer with an office in Leawood, KS. Here's my current bag setup:

Driver: G410 LST, 9 degrees

3 Wood: Srixon Z85, 13.5 degrees

Utility iron: Srixon ZX 2 Iron

4 - 6 irons: Srixon ZX5

7 - PW: Srixon ZX7

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore, 52, 56, 60

Putter: Bettinardi Queen B6

Edited by TheEighthJuror

• 3 months later...

This thing on?

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Played a bunch growing up through high school. College (and then life) kept me out for awhile, but got back into it a few years ago, now back playing a couple times a week. Hovering right around 80-82 last season, hoping to start breaking 40 more consistently this year (mostly play 9 hole league rounds after work)

2. What do you love about golf? Get outside, a good walk, good company, good competition, and can also just go play 9 by myself and enjoy the quiet.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Been reading for awhile, love the lists and testing methods, always good to get reviews from people who've actually used and tested and not the "I got it yesterday, it's awesome!" reviews from ______.com. First posts, so no, don't know any Spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Eastern Iowa right on the river border with Illinois and Wisconsin, there's a handful within 20 minutes of me I jump around on. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is course availability and affordability. Worst is having to take 3-4 months off every winter (got my garage setup though, nothing fancy but it keeps me sane)

6. What do you do for a living? HVAC design and installation

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's my name. Not very creative, sorry!

Driver: :taylormade-small: M6 

Irons:  :mizuno-small:JPX919

Wedges: :taylormade-small:  54* and 58* MG3

Putter: :ping-small: Anser 4

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I started when I was 10 or so, thanks to my Dad.  I'm 58 now, and have played since I was a kid other than a few years where I didn't play much if at all, mostly due to career/travel.

What do you love about golf?

It's mental for me.  I like the challenge and strive to constantly improve.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I found MGS through club research/reviews, etc.  I don't know if I know any other Spies!

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I grew up in PA, and then lived in NH for eight years during and after college.  After NH, I moved to VA, and ended up in CO back in 1997.  Been here ever since.  Me and Mrs. 3puttsbad don't really have a home course, but play the South Suburban courses most often.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best is the scenery we get on a lot of the courses.  Playing with views of the mountains is incredible.  Worst are the costs and crowds.  The influx of people to Denver/Colorado over the last few years has really made recreation a lot more expensive and difficult.

What do you do for a living?

Software Product Trainer for a behemoth Aerospace company.  I work directly with Civ and Mil Flight Operations worldwide.

How’d you pick your user name?

I hate, HATE, three putts!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, originally from North Dakota, now living in Colorado.  Been playing since I could walk.  Plum Creek is my main course,used to be a 6 handicap, but now with young kids and a career In Healthcare not as much time to get out..so now an 11.  Getting out onto that freshly mowed grass and the feel of crisp contact... nothing feels better.

Swing hard, tell me later!

On 2/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: North Central Region

North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

Hey MGS North Central Region! 

You can probably tell by my name I’m not great at this forum stuff. Honestly it’s the first forum I’ve joined in years! I’ve followed MGS for years and finally decided to join the community!

1. Been Playing since I was around 12-14 years old. Play at my local course at 9.0 generally around mid 80s when I travel outside my comfort zone…

2. To me golf is something I can still do competitively that I don’t need all the boys to do and can still have a beer while I’m shooting around

3. Like I stated earlier, I’ve been watching and reading (and Listening) to MGS for years so I finally decided to jump in! I don’t however know any other spies yet.

4. I currently live around Logan, Iowa although I’m originally from central Iowa. My home course is now Logan-Missouri Valley Country Club

5. Beside the sights, sounds, smells. I’d have to say in this region we can literally play almost any course design in the hills, on flat bottom ground or even links style in the sand hills of Nebraska. I absolutely hate that I can’t go golf any day of the year. Winter. O this are tough weather wise and also with my current occupation.

6. Which leads me to what I do, I own my own consulting biz where I work with farmers on making more efficient and informative decisions. I also own a small commercial roofing company that really I have for tax purposes.

7.  Like I said I’m kinda new to forums and I’m not very creative so I chose my display name based on my actual name… 🤣

Tyler H

• Driver: Cobra RADSpeed 9* Fujikura Motore F1 w/ midsize MCC +4 grips
  • 3W: Cobra F9 13* Fujikura Atomos Blue w/ midsize MCC +4 grips
  • 2 Iron: Sub 70 699U Pro 17* Hzrdus Blk w/ midsize MCC +4 grips
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 Pro 4-PW Project X Steel w/ midsize MCC +4 grips
  • Wedgies 😉 : Cleveland RTX 3,4 50* 56* 60* std shafts n grips 
  • Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT mallet w/ SweetRollz Monte Carlo grip
  • Balls: TP5 Pix/Money Ball/USA (love the flair)

• 4 weeks later...

New to the golf spy group but long time lurker.  Cheers!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - played a lot in high school and lost the sport, now getting back into it, so 1-2x a month

2. What do you love about golf? - friends, being outside and just enjoying the game

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - don't know any other people here.  Great resource for all information

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? - Boulder Colorado; Indian Peaks

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - Dry dry land and high elevation; fire risk year to year and snow shortens the season

6. What do you do for a living? - IT Consultant

7. How’d you pick your user name? - Go to name

Edited by capfan31

WITB

Driver - Callaway Rouge Max

3w - Callaway Rouge HL

Irons - 4-PW - TM Stealth with Aerotech i95 shafts

Wedge - Mizuno T22 Copper

Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG7

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? Since I was a kid, off and on. Only really started trying to improve my game in the last year. About 30 years of wild swings and 1 year of not quite as wild swings.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Handicap is 13, mostly due to years of ignoring the putter. Normal score is 89.1

3. What do you love about golf? Striking the ball cleanly and hitting it where and how I want. Hitting a perfect drive on purpose. The constant struggle of self against self, buoyed by the occasional rewarding moments. The fact that nearly anyone can make an amazing shot at any time. 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Came for club research, then ball research, etc. Signed in for the giveaways. I don't know any other Spies yet.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from the Midwest, feels odd to call Missouri North Central. I live in the KC area, my home course would probably be WinterStone. I'm more of an itinerant golfer 

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather, and the weather. Decent options, but we keep losing courses.

7. What do you do for a living? Long time airline employee. Ramp Agent Supervisor

8. How’d you pick your user name? Stupid nickname, then login name from high school long ago. 

Donating balls since '94

I've been playing golf for close to 40 years - sheesh, I'm not that old in my head.  I don't remember exactly when I started but somewhere around 10 maybe.  I never played regularly when I was younger nor did I compete at any level until my adult years.  Right now, I'm at a 13.1 and trending the right direction.  Trying to be in the 80s more consistently.

I love the challenge of the game.  It seems so easy, but it is not!  I love getting out with friends and family and playing.

I think I originally came for product reviews.  I've been a lurker for a while.  I think I know 1 or 2 - a buddy that turned me on to MSG.

I live in Denver, CO and would say that my home course is Willis Case.  It's not a bad muni that has some amazing views of the foothills off of #1 tee.

I can pretend to be a big hitter since I'm at altitude!  Many of our courses have beautiful views of the mountains or are in the mountains.  The worst thing in our region is the number of people that are playing.  It's tough to get a tee time on our muni courses post-pandemic.  We get more winter days than one might expect, but as a member of the Denver #17 Elks Lodge, I have access to our simulators that were installed last fall in partnership with the local high school teams.

I'm a software sales engineer and have been in technology my whole career.  I enjoy connecting with people!

It's my go-to, nothing fancy or creative.

• 2 months later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? 25 years

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 6 from the white tees

3. What do you love about golf? The challenge....absolutely the hardest game I ever tried to be good at.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? For golf talk, opinions, advice, etc.  No.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Lebanon, MO    GreatLife Golf and Fitness

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Lots of good courses around Lake of the Ozarks, Springfield, Branson area.  Winter golf can be a little cold.  

7. What do you do for a living? Work for an Anheuser-Busch distributor.

8. How’d you pick your user name? My name.

Ping G425 Max 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

PXG Gen 5 0311XF 8° w/Grafalloy ProLaunch 45 A-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?          I have been playing since I was 8 years old but have gotten more serious over the last 8 years.  My handicap is currently 12

2. What do you love about golf?                    I love how you can play it anywhere and experience new courses.  It’s also just a great way to disconnect from everything going on.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?                   I have always researched clubs and equipment on MGS but never joined.  Just wanted to be involved with the community  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?                                                         I am from St. Louis, MO, and do not currently have a home course  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?                                   Best: usually pretty challenging in terms of hills.  
    worst: dealing with frost delays in the winter 

6. What do you do for a living?                         I am in sales  

7. How’d you pick your user name?                    One of my favorite movies growing up was “The Sandlot.”

Driver :titleist-small:- TSi2 9 deg. GD XC-6 Stiff 

3 Wood :taylormade-small:- TM Stealth Plus 13.5 deg Hzrdus  Smoke Red Stiff

5 Wood :titleist-small:- TSi2 18 deg Damiana 85g

Hybrid :taylormade-small:- Stealth 4 hybrid Ventus Red 

Irons - 5-A PXG 0311xf Nippon Modus3 Tour 120

Wedges :vokey-small:- SM8 54 and SM8 58

Putter :ping-small:- Anser PLD

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing for as long as I can remember. I grew up hitting balls into a pasture by my house, played high school golf and then started taking golf more seriously after college. I've been hovering around a 7 the past couple seasons. 

The thing I love about golf is that it is an individual sport. When things aren't going well, you've only got yourself to blame. Also, I've created a lot of great relationships through golf. If you aren't able to golf with your normal guys on any given weekend, you are able to meet some pretty cool people if you're not afraid to walk onto a golf course as a solo. 

I've read reviews of products but I think it's time to start talking about courses, experiences, other products, etc. 

Sioux Falls, SD. I don't really have a home course. There are some nice courses in the area and I just try to get on wherever, whenever I can. 

I've got nothing but good things to say about golf in my area. There are so many great golf courses within two hours of Sioux Falls. You can play a wide open, link's style course one day and then a tight, wooded course along the river the next day. I don't mind not being able to golf in the winter either. It gives me a reason to go to different areas and try new golf courses. 

I'm an engineer for a HVAC company. 

It's my name. 

JRK

11 hours ago, jrkinder93 said:

I've been playing for as long as I can remember. I grew up hitting balls into a pasture by my house, played high school golf and then started taking golf more seriously after college. I've been hovering around a 7 the past couple seasons. 

The thing I love about golf is that it is an individual sport. When things aren't going well, you've only got yourself to blame. Also, I've created a lot of great relationships through golf. If you aren't able to golf with your normal guys on any given weekend, you are able to meet some pretty cool people if you're not afraid to walk onto a golf course as a solo. 

I've read reviews of products but I think it's time to start talking about courses, experiences, other products, etc. 

Sioux Falls, SD. I don't really have a home course. There are some nice courses in the area and I just try to get on wherever, whenever I can. 

I've got nothing but good things to say about golf in my area. There are so many great golf courses within two hours of Sioux Falls. You can play a wide open, link's style course one day and then a tight, wooded course along the river the next day. I don't mind not being able to golf in the winter either. It gives me a reason to go to different areas and try new golf courses. 

It's my name. 

Welcome to the forum @jrkinder93!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

23 hours ago, jrkinder93 said:

It's my name. 

Hey JR. I'm just north of you in Madison. If you've never played here, let me know. It's a good course and will challenge you!

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged     :cleveland-small: Wedges   :taylormade-small: M1 Driver   Tour Edge E7 Beta 3 wood and hybrid   :taylormade-small: Putter

4 hours ago, mwsb1998 said:

Hey JR. I'm just north of you in Madison. If you've never played here, let me know. It's a good course and will challenge you!

Hey there! I've golfed MCC a handful of times and it's safe to say that we have a tough relationship. Those par 3's are out of this world....Idk if i've played a course with a longer average distance on par 3's

JRK

1. 85-95 depending ont he course

1. gives me something unserious to get frustruated with 😆

1. been extra annoyed with my game recently. looking at various products and tips that could help with my irons and overall tempo.

1. colorado

2. i usully play the local muni close to home

1. best is the views and terain

2. worst are the days when my course is closed. i dont mind playin in the cold.

1. i am currently self employed

1. favorite golf movie. "how am I supposed to chip..."

On 9/5/2022 at 10:18 AM, jrkinder93 said:

It's my name. 

Welcome JR!  I am also a fairly new member of the forum.  

Ping G425 Max 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

PXG Gen 5 0311XF 8° w/Grafalloy ProLaunch 45 A-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

• 2 months later...
On 4/4/2022 at 4:50 PM, Tyler H said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• What do you love about golf?

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• What do you do for a living?

Hello all, Jason here. 
1. I’ve been playing for about 12 years, the first 10 were really scramble/work/beer golfing and only the last two have been about getting better. I’m a 16 so sticking in the 85-92 range. 
2. I love the challenge and constant drive to improve. Being outside and meeting new people is a major bonus. I’m also a nerd when it comes to architecture so naturally golf fits well. 
3. When I was getting serious I found the site very helpful to pick out good equipment. 
4. I have lived in central Iowa my entire life. We have a ton of decent courses but I tend to favor a few of the older ones - Bright Grandview, Waveland and Veenker. 
5. The best is the fact we have a ton of golf that is reasonably priced. The bad is the fact most aren’t great pieces of architecture and we also have long cold winters.

6. I’m currently working in the fire protection and security construction industry  

Putter- Wilson West Loop - 34". 

Driver- Tour Edge C521 10.5°. 

3 wood- Tour Edge C521 15°. 3 Iron- Tour Edge C722- 17°. 

4 iron- Cobra King RadSpeed 19°. 

5-GW iron- Cobra King F7 OL 

56-60° Cobra King MIM.

Ball- Snell MTB-X

• 3 weeks later...

WITB -->

• Calaway Epic Speed Driver, 4w
    • Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60 Graphite S
  • Maltby DBM forged irons 4-PW
    • KBS Tour Lite R
  • Maltby TSW DRM wedge 50, 56
    • KBS Tour Wedge R
  • Maltby Pure-Track Tour Milled No.4 Putter
  • Craftsman Golf Iron Headcovers w Magnetic Closure
  • Maxfli Tour, Vice Pro, Titleist Pro V1
  • Maxfli Honors+ 14 way stand bag
  • FootJoy Pro/SL Sport
  • FootJoy Contour FLX Glove

Some facts... 

• How long have you been playing golf? since the golden 80's... Swan Valley Golf Course
  • What’s your handicap or normal score? currently a bogey golfer. 
  • What do you love about golf? being outdoors, conversation, skill building
  • What brings you to MyGolfSpy? content and product awareness 
  • Do you already know any other Spies? not that i'm aware of
  • Where are you from? Originally Michigan. Now Colorado (Summit).
  • What is your home course? Breckenridge Golf Club (CO), Crooked Tree Golf Club (MI)
  • What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Worst is the length of snow covered winter (Both areas). The best is the endless sun and moderate summer temps for the Rocky Mountains, or the pure green and sunsets of Northern Michigan. 
  • What do you do for a living? Supply Chain

I've held a bag of Nike ProCombo Clones 3-PW, a Nike Driver, random FORTUNE fairway woods from my teens and a Top Flite putter for 20 years... In 20 years I've gone from golfing daily, to never, to monthly, to occasionally, and now back to a few times a week (coming soon summer '23). In the early 2000's I held a single digit handicap for a few years and played with my company league. Now I'm golfing around 88-92 which I can honestly blame on my lack of consistent play.

Last fall I made an effort to use my professional skill in combination with a professional golf 'full-bag' fitting from PXG and came up with my new 'discount' set based on the specifications of the outcome. Every club I have listed was purchased new with warranty and was also custom built to my 'fit' specifications. The total cost for ALL items remains under $$...any guesses?? It was a steal! Let me know if you're curious. I will let you know how it plays... ...once the snow melts... ...or I make it to a warmer climate... ...to be continued. 

Edited by doubleduhric
updating format and minor details

** Random days warrior. Walk the course. Play a minimum of 4 rounds per year w/o keeping score. Love the outdoors no matter the weather. **

• Calaway Epic Speed 1w, 4w
  • Maltby DBM forged irons 4-PW & TSW DRM 50, 56
  • Maltby Pure-Track Tour Milled No.4 Putter
  • KBS and Project X
  • Lamkin Crossline+ and Skinny Pistol grips
  • Maxfli Tour, Vice Pro, Titleist Pro V1

Recently joined the Spy, learning to read the greens. 

1. I have been playing golf for 35+ years. Fortunate enough to begin working at the golf course at age 10 in my hometown. Currently carry an 8.6 handicap. Enjoy being able to consistently play to it on different courses. 

2. So much to love about golf. I love the time alone on the course. I walk 90% of the time and enjoy the time by myself, in my mind, in nature and the ability to be there. I also enjoy being on the course with friends and family. Friendly side bets, skins games, banter making memories.  

3. Interested in the Spy and the community. Always curious about technology, what others find that work for them, club hacks, course hacks and the best products/gear that other golfers are using. 

4. I grew up in Southwest Wyoming on the border of Wyoming and Utah.  I do not have a home course at this time. Too many great courses in the Denver area. Play Saddle Rock and Broadlands often. Mix in many others. 

5. The best is the weather. Golf year round in Colorado. There are days you cannot play in the winter but keep your clubs handy for those days you can. Mountain courses rock in Colorado. Get into the mountains and challenge yourself. Breckenridge, Keystone and Silverthorne offer some great mountain golf. 

6.  Oil and Gas 

7.  It is an accurate username for me. I am a golf nut and I have always liked Richard Petty 43!!!

⛳ golfnut43

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! Stumbled upon MGS before last Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed reading through the testing's and latest reviews. Even bought a putter based off the Most Wanted Mallets (Wilson Buckingham). Figured it was time to create an account and join the forums!

1. On and off since 2019. Gotten more serious this last year. Hoping to play once a week in 2023 now. Handicap: 23.
    1. Enjoying the outdoors, playing with friends/girlfriend. That feeling of hitting a beautiful shot after back to back awful shots.
    1. The testing. The amount of good content put out and the community.
    1. I'm from Texas but live/work in Kansas now. Home course would be Tex Consolver Golf Course
    1. Weak winters mean I can play all year long. Weak winters mean I have to pay for golf all year long ;).
    1. Engineer in the Aviation Industry
    1. Connorn was taken when I first made a username way back in the day, so I decided to be the second and it's stuck.

Bonus: Pic of my bag:

IMG_7981.JPEG

Driver: King Radspeed
3 Wood: Mizuno JPX 
Hybrid: 19* Taylormade SLDR
5 Wood: King Cobra Offset SS Hyper Steel
4-PW: Nike Covert VrS with Aldila VS Proto shafts
Putter: Wilson Buckingham

1.       How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

·         My father-in-law forced me into learning the game one summer in the 1970's.  Did not play after that until 1991.  As of today I am a 10.4 HCP.  

2.       What do you love about golf?

·         Everything.  Nature, competition, meeting new people and everyday/every hole is different.

3.       What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

·         I enjoy the technical information provided by MyGolfSpy.

4.       Where are you from? What is your home course?

·         I grew up in Illinois but have lived in Omaha, NE since 1991.  My home course is Ashland Golf Club in Ashland, NE.

5.       What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

·         The price of golf in the Midwest is better than other parts of the country. We have a lot of wind for the first half of the year.  25-40 mph is common.

6.       What do you do for a living?

·         I am retired salesman / project manager in the electrical industry.

7.       How’d you pick your user name?

·         CrazyGolfNut, because I am.

• Driver _ Ping G400 Max
  • Woods _ Ping G410 3 & 5 | Cleveland Launcher XL HALO 7
  • Hybrid _ Titleist 818 H1 5 
  • Irons _ Titleist T300 6-GW
  • Wedges _ Titleist SM9 52F & 56S
  • Putter _ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife Two Bar Hybrid
  • Distance _ Bushnell Phantom 2 GPS | Precision Pro NX7 Pro
  • Ball _ Titleist Pro V1 yellow
  • GHIN _ HCP floats between 8 & 12

:ping-small:  :cleveland-small: :titelist-small:  :vokey-small:   :odyssey-small:  :rife-putters-1:  :918457628_PrecisionPro:  :sunmountain: :Clicgear:   :footjoy-small:  

"Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips"

• 1 month later...

Greetings everyone.

Not a new MyGolfSpy member. Just moved to the South Kansas City area last July, so introducing myself within this forum.

Wife and I live in Olathe, KS, I'm a member at Prairie Highlands Golf Club here in Olathe. 

13 HC and am consistently in the mid 80's from the 6500'ish yard tee's. Consistency off the tee is my biggest weakness. irons and short game are my strength. 

What do you love about golf? The comraderie and being out doors.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The worst thing is the winter weather for sure. I'm from San Diego, so not being able to play that much during the winter months sucks for sure.

The wife gave the green light for a simulator in the basement so looking forward to that.

I am retired US Navy, I would love to find a job within the golf industry, but I am in no rush for work.

Driver: Callaway Paradyme Smoke Max, 9* stiff flex

5 wood: Sub 70

7 wood: Sub 70

Driving 2 iron: PXG 0311 X, reg flex steel

5-PW: Callaway Paradyme, 1/2" over, neutral lie, reg flex.

50/54/58 deg wedges: Sub 70

Putter: PXG GEN 1 Brandon, 35" shaft.

Ball: Vice Pro Zero

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

My name is Cory and I live just outside of Iowa City, Iowa. I was first introduced to the game of golf when I was really young, but have only been playing the game consistently since I was 16 years old. I have worked really hard at my game and have widdled my way down to a 2 handicap and typically shoot in the mid-70s.  

I love almost everything about the game of golf. Being outdoors and spending time with others is why I love it most. Golf is such a wonderful game and is the closest game that mimics the game of life. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

I love the wonderful information that MyGolfSpy provides. The thing I love most about this community is the broad range of individuals that make up the community. I utilize the Most Wanted forums before buying any new equipment because I know that I am going to get an unbiased opinion and one that has been created by loads of testing and data. 

Where are you from and what is your home course?

I am from Iowa City. My home course is Amana Colonies Golf Club and if you have never heard, seen, or been to it; I promise it is a hidden gem in the midwest.

If we are all in the midwest, I think we can all agree that the worst part of our region is winter, making it near impossible to play golf for months out of the year. That and, of course, wind. The best part about golf in the midwest is the hidden gems that are scattered all throughout. Wonderful courses and nice people!

I am a special education teacher at a middle school and am working on becoming an administrator in education. 

How'd you pick your username?

My username is pretty basic as it is my initials and my favorite and lucky number. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Picked the game back up last season for the first time in 16yrs. Just paid for the GHIN last week and dont have enough rounds for a handicap yet. Without swing juice I flirt with breaking 90. Weekends drinking the boys I have a hard time breaking 100

How hard it is and that feeling when you have a shot. 

I like reading formulating a hypothesis from the masses. Nope

Colorado Springs, Cherokee Ridge

Best is the weather from late spring through fall. Worst are the tight lies and solid greens from winter through mid-late spring. 

Sell things that go boom

Been papagreen75 for as long as Ive been on the internet.