North Central: ND, SD, NE, IA, CO, KS, MO

GolfSpy MPR

Welcome to the forum, hope ypu enjoy, good people here.

Tommy Armour TA -1 driver

2 hybrid

Adams 3 hy

Tommy Armour 4hy

Adams 5 hy

STi-2 irons 6-GW

Acer 52 & 54 wedges

Northwestern 19 blade putter

Hello All,

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• I started getting frustrated with the game about 10 years ago.  The GHIN system says my handicap 4, but I normally shoot 75-82.

2. What do you love about golf?

• I love because, I actually don't know why I love golf, I just do.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• I actually found MyGolfSpy when they first started up.  However, I am becoming more involved because I tend to track golf equipment pretty hard.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

• I am from Chicago moved to Colorado (go figure).  I currently don't have a home course, but I know my way around City Park. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Colorado gives you some of the best golf views in the nation, but the cost to play out here is ridiculous. 

6. What do you do for a living?

• Currently I am an "engineer."

7. How’d you pick your user name?

• It is a secret code

NMB

Titleist Pro V1x

Titleist 915D3/TS4

Tileist 917 F3

Mizuno MP-20 MMB

Mizuno T20s

Bettinardi Queen Bee 6

On 8/8/2021 at 5:06 PM, NMB14 said:

Hello All,

• I started getting frustrated with the game about 10 years ago.  The GHIN system says my handicap 4, but I normally shoot 75-82.

• I love because, I actually don't know why I love golf, I just do.

• I actually found MyGolfSpy when they first started up.  However, I am becoming more involved because I tend to track golf equipment pretty hard.

• I am from Chicago moved to Colorado (go figure).  I currently don't have a home course, but I know my way around City Park. 

• Colorado gives you some of the best golf views in the nation, but the cost to play out here is ridiculous. 

• Currently I am an "engineer."

• It is a secret code

Yeah golf in CO is outrageous imo. Also after last summer there has never been more players in the state than now. The fact you know city park well is honestly impressive considering the 18 hole weekend tee-times seem to be taken immediately after they are available two weeks out. I tend to play Kennedy since I live in Parker and my friends live near that course. Curious as to why you quoted engineer. Any fun story with that? 

• Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 8° Accra FX2.0 250 M4
  • PXG 5 wood turned 4 wood hzrd black
  • PXG 3 Hybrid hzrd black
  • Taylormade 2019 P790's KBS Tour S 4-5
  • PXG 0211 ST 6-GW
  • Vokey 54/58° sm8 
  • Mizuno Mcraft 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 6:44 PM, ST3LTR0 said:

Yeah golf in CO is outrageous imo. Also after last summer there has never been more players in the state than now. The fact you know city park well is honestly impressive considering the 18 hole weekend tee-times seem to be taken immediately after they are available two weeks out. I tend to play Kennedy since I live in Parker and my friends live near that course. Curious as to why you quoted engineer. Any fun story with that? 

YES! A lot of golfers! It seems everyone and their mother now golfs, literally.  It is great to see because I love watching the game grow, but the obviously it has really impacted the veteran hackers. 

I have an "in" there, so I tend to play there every other weekend morning... I am really grateful for that.  I have only played CP and Willis.  I have really not found an opportunity to play other city courses, but Kennedy seems fun. 

By degree, I am a Biologist/Health Scientist... due to COVID I was not able to immediately that market.  I ended up using my mathematic skills to design and implement critical infrastructure. 

• Like 1

NMB

Titleist Pro V1x

Titleist 915D3/TS4

Tileist 917 F3

Mizuno MP-20 MMB

Mizuno T20s

Bettinardi Queen Bee 6

1. How long have you been playing golf? 25 years or so, just got more serious about it recently.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 110-115 but taking lessons to drop that!

3. What do you love about golf? Just trying new courses, improving each time out, new challenges.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don’t know why others, I started watching the podcast on YouTube and found my way here. 

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Kansas City area. I play stone canyon mainly.

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is a lot of good courses within a reasonable distance. Worst would be weather. It goes from blazing hot to snow on the ground.

7. What do you do for a living? I’m in sales for a technology company in the automotive industry.

8. How’d you pick your user name? Just my favorite team.

Current bag: titleist tsi2, rbz 3 hybrid, callaway x20 4-p, random wedges, old taylormade putter.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Been playing just over 50 years now. Come a long ways from the cut down wooden shafted clubs from Grandpa's basement!

2. I say my handicap is between my ears, but currently play to a 7.

3. I love that the 'same' course is never the same. Even when you play it the same day, the wind is different, the sun, the grass has grown, etc. Still gotta put the ball in the hole!

4. A co-worker mentioned it several years ago, just really decided to join in more now.

5. Midwest - Kansas City last 30 years. Play mostly public courses, but had a job where I could play most private clubs for about 10 years. Falcon Lakes or Paradise Point are where I play most rounds lately.

6. Best things: lots of choices on where to play.  Worst thing: I used to walk a lot, but most courses require a cart. I get the reasons, just miss the stroll down a fairway at sunset.

7. Retail manager for a pretty good national chain.

8. User name first came up in Fantasy Football, was then working in golf area and wanted to have a little fun with the name.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: North Central Region

North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

Hey everybody, MH here. I'm a 13 handicap who breaks 90 most days. The two things I love most about golf is the chance to be outside in nature and the chance to share in a game with friends and my dad. 

I live in Kansas City, Missouri and am a member at Lake Quivira Country Club. Our course is arguably the most distinctive course in the Kansas City area (which isn't to say that it's the best course in the area, but I really love it) due to its hills and its location right next to the lake. The course is in great shape right now. If there are KC guys / gals who would like to play a round at LQCC, let me know and I'd be happy to get you on with a guest fee of around $100. 

I'm a criminal defense lawyer with an office in Leawood, KS. Here's my current bag setup:

Driver: G410 LST, 9 degrees

3 Wood: Srixon Z85, 13.5 degrees

Utility iron: Srixon ZX 2 Iron

4 - 6 irons: Srixon ZX5

7 - PW: Srixon ZX7

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore, 52, 56, 60

Putter: Bettinardi Queen B6

Edited by TheEighthJuror