Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

North Central: ND, SD, NE, IA, CO, KS, MO

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Howdy all! New to the forums so figured I would introduce myself!

1.How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing golf for as long as I can remember. I think my first round was around when I was 5-6 years old (and I’m 26 now). Currently, I’m sitting at a 2.5 handicap, but at my best during college I was a +3.

2. What do you love about golf?

I love the challenge that the game brings, and the ability to think through whatever new problems arise during a round.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I have been a reader of many forum posts in the past, mainly club reviews. I finally decided I would come and join the community. If there’s any spies in here that I know, I don’t know where they are!

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Born and raised in South Dakota. My current home course is a 27-holer in Watertown, SD called Cattail Crossing.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best thing is the weather. The climate is perfect during the summer, and there are rarely any days which aren’t windy! The worst thing is also the weather, as our golf season is quite short in this region!

What do you do for a living?

I am currently a teacher and golf/basketball coach.

How’d you pick your user name?

My nickname on my college team was Jengels (mixture of first and last name). Shortly after, it was shortened down to jengs!

Edited by jengs

WITB: Dr.- Titleist TS3; 3W - Titleist TS2; 19* Hybrid Titleist 816; 4-PW Titleist T100; Vokey SM9 Wedges (52,56,60*); Putter- Taylormade Spider

Welcome to the Forum!

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

Good morning! I've been on the forums for some time now, but I've never introduced myself here! 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've been playing golf for about 9 years now consistently. I've gotten my handicap down to a +2 with an average score between 72 and 73! Non stop grind! 

What do you love about golf?

Golf is incredibly challenging and frustrating. Its the one thing I can still do and be competitive in nature!

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I've been in the Spy world for a few years now, I found it randomly on social media. I've yet to meet any other spies, but have friends that I've hooked up to the forums! 

Washington Missouri and Franklin County Country Club

The WORST thing is easy: Winter/Spring can be very challenging weather and for the course. 

The BEST thing: Fall weather! 

I'm a Math teacher and Golf Coach !

First/Last name combo! 

:callaway-small:Driver: Paradym Triple Diamond

:taylormade-small:3 Wood: Stealth Plus

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Stealth Plus 

:srixon-small:Irons: Srixon ZX7

:taylormade-small:Wedges: MG2 50* MG3 54* and SM9 58* M Grind

:EVNROLL:Putter: Evnroll EV5

:titleist-small: GolfBall: 2023 ProV1

What's up MGS! Chiming in on this thread since I'm not a CO resident and don't have to worry about packing up and moving anymore since I retired from the Navy. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing since 2000, and I'm coming off of over a year off. My current index is 12, but I'm guessing it's going to be messy when I get back out there 🤣. My usual scores before my layoff ranged from 80-90. 

What do you love about golf? The game mirrors life and it's never the same. There's also always something to improve, which makes it a continual challenge. It's an amazing game! 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been around MGS a few years and have also tested a number of items. I've also been fortunate enough to play a few rounds with MGS members. Best golf community on the interwebz if you ask me!

Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm originally from Northern CA (north of Sacramento) but I moved all over during my career in the Navy. But I'm now a CO resident and I'm not going anywhere. My home course will likely be the Air Force Academy Eisenhower Courses. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: high elevation distance and great summer weather. Worst: legit offseason cause of the snow and hail during summer.

What do you do for a living? I'm a jacked cybersecurity guy 😎

How’d you pick your user name? It's a spinoff of a nickname I picked up early in my Navy career. I added the 'Mr.' to make it more regal!

Edited by mr.hicksta

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Hi All, I hope to be a meaningful contributor to this site and pick up some friends along the way!  

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been playing since I was 15 years old so 30 years - good Lord!  My handicap has been sub-10 for a long time but much lower just in the last couple of years.  No idea why! I’m not younger, longer and I don’t practice. 🤷‍♂️

I love being outside in nature.  Being on a golf course feels like a temporary escape from the rest of my life and serves as a major stress reducer!  

I’ve been a lurker for YEARS.  I suspect I know some Spies but don’t know it yet.

Raised in Michigan.  I’ve lived all over the Midwest. Recently moved from Milwaukee, WI to Omaha, NE.  My home course is Lost Rail Golf Club.  

The weather and the weather

ER doctor

JAFERD - Just A Fu*king ER Doctor

Lefty

3-6 HDCP

PXG Gen 5 Driver and 3W - Diamana white board 60S

PXG Gen 4 19* and 22* hybrids - Aldila NV green 80S

Cobra Forged Tech 6-GW - KBS Tour Light S flex

Sub 70 56* and 60* wedges -KBS Tour S flex

SeeMore PLATINUM M5 HT MALLET OFFSET

1 hour ago, JAFERD said:

Hi All, I hope to be a meaningful contributor to this site and pick up some friends along the way!  

Been playing since I was 15 years old so 30 years - good Lord!  My handicap has been sub-10 for a long time but much lower just in the last couple of years.  No idea why! I’m not younger, longer and I don’t practice. 🤷‍♂️

I love being outside in nature.  Being on a golf course feels like a temporary escape from the rest of my life and serves as a major stress reducer!  

I’ve been a lurker for YEARS.  I suspect I know some Spies but don’t know it yet.

Raised in Michigan.  I’ve lived all over the Midwest. Recently moved from Milwaukee, WI to Omaha, NE.  My home course is Lost Rail Golf Club.  

ER doctor

Welcome to the forum @JAFERD. I live in Omaha too. I caddy occasionally at Lost Rail and Arbor Links. Would enjoy getting out for a round together sometime!

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

1 hour ago, JAFERD said:

ER doctor

Welcome to the Forum! You will enjoy this group of folks who share a love of the game. Don’t have to be crazy but it can help…

ELIXR (2022)

hello everyone! Coming to you from Northern Colorado. My name is Steven ( friends call me Steve, Steveo, Stavi) and I’ve been golfing for roughly 3 years. My handicap at the moment is a 16-17.

There are multiple things I love about the game of golf. First thing is the sport itself, it can be played casually one day and can be competitive/serious the next. It’s one of the only sports that I can think of that you can get with a group of friends and play a bunch of different games/formats (scramble, wolf, etc) and do so light heartily and then the following day you decide you’re going to go for your PB and really think about course management. Another love of mine in regards to golf it’s a life long sport that you can always find something to improve on. You can play up until how ever long your body allows you to, 70-80s maybe even 90s. Lastly why I love golf is numbers and data. I’m an engineer so numbers intrigue me! I like seeing my own stats, club path, smash factor, physics and body mechanics allows us to make the golf swing.

What brought me to MyGolfSpy? Now that’s a good question, my simple response is the community and just the reviews. They’re straight to the point and are unbiased.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Well I would say living in Colorado outdoor golf isn’t a year round luxury and I’d say the cost of an overall round of golf. Best thing I would say is the views Colorado has to offer. Some courses you can play on the mountains, others you can find yourself playing surrounded by lakes and river streams loaded with trout.

I’m fortunate enough to have the career that I do, as stated earlier I am a engineer. More specifically I am a software engineer specializing in the non tangible. Now as far as why I chose the username that I did? Simple lol my name with a few favorite numbers.

0AB91CEC-805A-4C56-9123-27741738FB77.jpeg

WITB:

PXG 6th Gen Driver and 3 Wood

Taylormade P790 2 Iron

Taylormade P790 irons 4-P

Taylormade Hi Toe Wedges 50,54,58

EvnRoll Er11v Putter

4 hours ago, Stevenc0211 said:

hello everyone! Coming to you from Northern Colorado. My name is Steven ( friends call me Steve, Steveo, Stavi) and I’ve been golfing for roughly 3 years. My handicap at the moment is a 16-17.

There are multiple things I love about the game of golf. First thing is the sport itself, it can be played casually one day and can be competitive/serious the next. It’s one of the only sports that I can think of that you can get with a group of friends and play a bunch of different games/formats (scramble, wolf, etc) and do so light heartily and then the following day you decide you’re going to go for your PB and really think about course management. Another love of mine in regards to golf it’s a life long sport that you can always find something to improve on. You can play up until how ever long your body allows you to, 70-80s maybe even 90s. Lastly why I love golf is numbers and data. I’m an engineer so numbers intrigue me! I like seeing my own stats, club path, smash factor, physics and body mechanics allows us to make the golf swing.

What brought me to MyGolfSpy? Now that’s a good question, my simple response is the community and just the reviews. They’re straight to the point and are unbiased.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Well I would say living in Colorado outdoor golf isn’t a year round luxury and I’d say the cost of an overall round of golf. Best thing I would say is the views Colorado has to offer. Some courses you can play on the mountains, others you can find yourself playing surrounded by lakes and river streams loaded with trout.

I’m fortunate enough to have the career that I do, as stated earlier I am a engineer. More specifically I am a software engineer specializing in the non tangible. Now as far as why I chose the username that I did? Simple lol my name with a few favorite numbers.

0AB91CEC-805A-4C56-9123-27741738FB77.jpeg

Welcome to the Forum!

ELIXR (2022)