North Central: ND, SD, NE, IA, CO, KS, MO

• Guests

1.  Been playing about 20 years now....Handicap is usually 6 to 9 dependent on my form...

2.  Love that it's the course against me and meeting like minded golf nuts...

3.  Content and feedback seem to be great...  Was looking to get some feedback on a couple topics and it took all of 10 minutes...

4.  We are part time in MN and FL and travel a lot for golf...  Member of a few courses including Tpc Sawgrass, Snake River Sporting Club, and Somerby in MN...

5.  Nothing actually when we go where it is warm at our old ages lol...

6.  I own a small delivery company so I can work from anywhere nowadays...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's up MGS - this is James from Carbon - Wanted to join up and contribute. Not really sure if I will be accepted here because I am one of the three founders of Carbon Putters - But, thought I would

Hey folks,  I started playing in early middle school. My grandma would pick up a couple of my buddies and drop us off at the course while she played bridge over the summer.  That makes about 24 y

Hey fellas, Started playing at age 6. Played competitive through high school. Been 27 years now.  I love having pursued a career in the industry. I don’t work, I just hang out on a golf cour

Posted Images

• Guests
On 3/30/2020 at 12:14 PM, 3puttking said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I grew up on a sand green course when I was about 8 years old but playing consistently for the last 6 years or so. My current handicap is 1. 

2. What do you love about golf? The competitiveness and how humbling the game can be from day to do. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know any other spies but have always used the site for reading the forums for reviews on specific topics. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Bismarck, ND ....Hawktree Golf Course 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Winter...In 2019 our Season was May - Beginning of October 

6. What do you do for a living? Financial Advisor 

7. How’d you pick your user name? For obvious reasons. 

My favorite course in ND is Hawktree...

Grew up there and went to St Marys...

Also met Jim Engh a few years back and chatted a couple hours in Idaho...

Enjoy....I need to get back to HT this summer hopefully

Living in central KS and have been playing for about 30 years but only playing more seriously for the last 8years or so.  Got as low as a 1.7HC at one point, not stay around the 7-8 range.   Play most of my rounds in the 6K yardage range as not long off the tee but always have fun. 

WITB=

:callaway-small: Mavrik SZ 9.5*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 3W 15*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 5W 18*

:srixon-small:ZX7  5-PW

:callaway-small:Jaws 50 & 58

Toulon  Las Vegas

• 2 weeks later...

Overland Park Kansas. 

Play Ironhorse and sycamore ridge mostly.  Few times a year stone canyon.  

9 handicap 

I sell Financial automation software and am always up for a game. 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I am from MO and started playing competitive golf when i was 12. Took a break when i was 17 and picked golf back up again at 27.   I am now 29 and recently won our local club championship in the A flight shooting 2 over par. 
I Play about 5 tourneys a year and play cash golf league every week. 

Edited by TG8
  • Like 1

WITB

• cobra speedzone driver, 3 & 5 wood with hzrdus smoke shafts
  • mizuno jpx919 hot metal pro 4-pw
  • cobra mim black 52 & 56 wedges
  • Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7 putter
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Started playing seriously around high school before taking a long hiatus through the rest of my schooling until now.  Finally playing some of my best golf down to a 2.8
  2. What do you love about golf?  Being able to get outdoors and satisfy my competitive side while meeting people in the process
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I use the Most Wanted reviews enough so I figured I should
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Moved to Colorado from Seattle.  Love the Denver area and mostly play either Dunes at Riverdale or Murphy Creek
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The ball goes farther but the wind will whip up and negate all the fun. Sunny days and even a few winter rounds.
  6. What do you do for a living? Medicine things
  7. How’d you pick your user name? Old golf nickname

Titleist Ts3 9.5° Even Flow T1100 6.5

3W/5W: Srixon Z F85 HZRDUS Red 6.0

4-PW: Titleist 720 CB NS PRO 1050 GH

Wedges: Vokey SM7 (50°-54°-58°) NS PRO 1050 GH

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Ball: Titleist ProV1

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf for around 10 years. This is the first year I have decided to keep an actual handicap but typically I shoot between 14-18 over par and slightly better at a couple courses near me that I play the most, more like 10-14 over

2. What do you love about golf? I love most things about golf, but mainly the challenge and the constant opportunity to improve   

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know anyone else on golfspy. I have been getting golfspy emails for a while now and I want to participate in more forums to be eligible for testing and contests.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from liberal Missouri, the course I play the most is located in Carthage MO

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about golf in my region is that there are a number of nice courses around that are affordable as well as some really nice courses within a couple hours, Branson MO/Rogers AR. The worst thing about golf is there is not an abundance of golf retail in my area or places to buy equipment, apparel, or club/ball fitting services 

6. What do you do for a living? I work in IT

7. How’d you pick your user name? It is just my name

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I learned as a kid, but up until this year have only played every couple of years. 

2. What do you love about golf? I think the courses are beautiful and it is always great to get out doors for a few hours away from technology. I also like that you really compete against yourself in golf. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I started to try and get better and always looking for more resources. Do you already know any other Spies? No

4. Where are you from? Berthoud, Colorado What is your home course? TPC Colorado, but I regularly play Indian Peaks. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? You can get to the range most of the year, but not really play year round. 

6. What do you do for a living? I am a Realtor and retired veteran. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's my name. 

Driver :callaway-small: XR 10.5°

Irons: :titelist-small: AP1 PW-4i

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey 56°  & Vokey 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG #5 Putter

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Ball: Kirkland Signature V2.0

Hey Everyone,

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing golf since the mid-90s when my dad caught the bug. I’m currently a 12hdcp.

2. What do you love about golf? I love getting better at something that when done right feels pure.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Love the reviews.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Lawrence Kansas. Jayhawk Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Our club doesn’t really close and even though its cold and more challenging, I can keep on playing.

6. What do you do for a living? Golf/not much else.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Golfing buddies gave it to me.

• Like 1

Mizuno JPX921 Tour

Titleist TS2

A different putter every week (smh)

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? It has been going on 4 years. I started playing when my wife was pregnant due to not having the time to spend the day fly fishing. As a result, I found a new joy playing golf. 

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside and walking the courses. Also, I love seeing my improvement. The more time I invest in practice, I can see the results on the course. The problem is consistency. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?I started by reading the ball reviews. I am always trying to find a good deal that will bring consistency without breaking the bank. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Littleton, CO. My regular course was Deer Creek before it went under renovations. Now, I have been playing Meadow Creek and Foothills. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Being able to play different style of courses from park, country club, links, and mountain courses. Being close to the mountains we deal with a lot of wind and storms that pop-up out of nowhere. Winter can be hit or miss, but I do enjoy the challenge of playing a course that is as hard as concrete. Nothing feels better than a pitching wedge that goes almost 200 with a 50-100 bounce/roll.  

6. What do you do for a living? I am a policy advisor. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Nothing special. 

• Like 1

Bag - :Ogio: Cart bag

Driver:cobra-small: - Cobra F8+  Tensei CK AV Blue 55

3 Wood :taylormade-small:-Taylormade RBZ 15 degree

4 hybrid -:taylormade-small: Taylormade RBZ 22 degree

5-p Irons -:titelist-small:Titleist AP2 714 - S300 Shaft

Approach Wedge -:taylormade-small: Taylormade Burner 2.0 

52, 56, 60 - Kirkland Wedge Set

Putter - Kirkland Putter or Odyssey White Hot Dart 

Ball - Kirkland v2

Pushing - :CaddyTek:  3 wheel swivel 

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I started playing with my Grandfather when I was 10 (73) and then really took it up in (92) with my brother when he came home from Desert Storm. 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Current index is 3.9

3. What do you love about golf? The peacefulness of the walk. The people mostly, Range time. The challenge of shooting a lower score.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Don't know any spies.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Northern Colorado (Highland Meadows)

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Weather obstacles in the winter.

7. What do you do for a living? Retired LE 30 yrs, currently sell farm, ranch & Recreational  RE in Co, Ne & Wy

8. How’d you pick your user name? Northern Co Golfer

Edited by NoCoGolfer

Callaway X-Forged 18 KBS Tour 120 FLT 

Epic Speed 10.5 w/ Ventus Blue 6s

Bridgestone Tour BXS

19 minutes ago, NoCoGolfer said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I started playing with my Grandfather when I was 10 (73) and then really took it up in (92) with my brother when he came home from Desert Storm. 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Current index is 3.9

3. What do you love about golf? The peacefulness of the walk. The people mostly, Range time. The challenge of shooting a lower score.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Don't know any spies.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Northern Colorado (Highland Meadows)

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Weather obstacles in the winter.

7. What do you do for a living? Retired LE 30 yrs, currently sell farm, ranch & Recreational  RE in Co, Ne & Wy

8. How’d you pick your user name? Northern Co Golfer

Hi this is my first entry. I live in south east Iowa. I am 63 years young and have been playin golf since I was 10 years old.  Unfortunately I had to take a rest from golf of about 25 years. Work and life got in the way. Now that I am retired my wife and I moved out from above Seattle 4 years ago. I started golfing again a couple of years ago. My handicap is 7 and I love being outside and enjoying the challenges. I love the people out here and have joined a fun league. My home coarse is Edmundson Golf Coarse here in Oskaloosa and I also play a lot at Harvest Point Golf Coarse across the street. I am fairly new to MyGolfSpy and picked my user name because I am a huge Washington Husky football fan. Thanks for putting this up. I am glad I could let you know about me.

Back in golf after a 25 year delay. Go Dawgs!!

Hey folks!

1. Been playing since I was 20.  Baseball was done for me since I wasn't good enough to play college.  Played with my dad a few times, hit a few dead center and I was hooked!  80s shooter on average.  

2. I love the challenge to get better, learning how to hit different shots, the feeling when you hit it exactly the way you want!

3. Find MGS through researching equipment reviews.

4. St. Louis, MO area.  Don't really have one single home course. I like The Falls in O'Fallon, Crescent Farms in Eureka.  Pheasant Run is a great Par 3 if you want to get around quick.

5. Worst thing about my region I guess is winter (?).  Best thing I guess may be variety of styles of courses around here?

6. I am an engineer in the telecom industry.

Man of Christ first, husband, dad, golfer (obv), bass player, and STL sports nut.  Romans 12

Driver: Callaway Razr Fit

FW: Callaway Razr X Black 4W

Hybrids: Callaway X2 Hot 3, 4H

Irons: Callaway Razr X 5-AW

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54, 58

Putter: Ping Mid Ketsch Heavy

Ball: Snell MTB Black