TESTERS WANTED! ×

South Central: NM, OK, AR, TX, LA, MS

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

MGS New Member Introduction: South Central Region

New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

1. How long have you been playing golf? Started in my late 20s when I moved to Cali,
    What’s your handicap or normal score? 9.0

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge of you and the course, competition.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Seen what out there, getting feed back from other golf enthusiast have to say and recommend, Do you already know any other Spies? NO

4. Where are you from? Currently living in Dallas, TX, What is your home course? Firewheel Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Weather

6. What do you do for a living? IT 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Had it since HS

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

I’ve been on MGS for years, but I’ll introduce myself again here.

I’ve been playing since I was 8 or 9. My Dad was a HS golf coach, so I started when he took me to practices.

I’m a 6 GHIN, currently.

What I love about golf is being outside, and the challenge each course presents.

I came to MGS to see “Spy pics” of gear. I stayed for the folks in the forums!

I knew JLukes from our trip to Callaway back in 12/2013. It was a trip sponsored by another website.

I grew-up in Michigan, but have lived in Louisiana since 1995.

My home course would technically be Chennault Park GC.

I like being able to play most of the year, but I’m not a fan of all of the heat in the summer, rain in winter, and mosquitoes!!!

I’m a sales rep for a medical device company.

I use the same name on another website, so just use it here too.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Greetings everyone. I'm from West Texas and known around the forum as Plaid. My full forum ID is Plaidjacket. Some people say I resemble Sam. LOL Not the swing mind you. I chose my name because I like the tournaments of old when champions would get fitted (yes we like fitting around here) into a Plaid Jacket while accepting the trophy and holding up their GIANT $35,000 check for everyone to see. Of course I think Colonial and Harbor Town still haul out the plaid jacket. I've been playing golf since about age 10 when my Dad bought the family some clubs from Sears. I currently carry a 5 Hcp. but under my avatar/photo you'll see 64. That's my true hcp. as I turned 64 just recently. I'm evolved in the Oil & Gas business and banking to some extent. This is a great golf forum if you enjoy learning new stuff, making virtual friends (and sometimes even meeting a few), and yapping about all things golf.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

9  years . Currently at 7 handicap. 77-83

What do you love about golf?

The wisdom the game offers. The feel of the perfect shot. the culmination of practice and it comes to fruition the course. Should I continue! lol

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I used to visit MyGolfSpy just to read the articles and watch videos, however, my love for the game brings me to the forum to talk with other avid golfers who share the same love I do.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Dallas area, Mansfield National

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Worst: Dormant grass in the fall and winter. Best: Number of courses in the region

What do you do for a living?

Teacher/Coach & Realtor 

How’d you pick your user name?

Since my first love is football, and I've played football my entire life, the name combines my two loves

There have to be more than four of us on here from these states!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Began playing in the mid 60's in the 7th grade, introduced to the game by my dad. At my best, I shot low to mid 80's. After a series of injuries, I'm working to get back there...or better!

2. What do you love about golf? The honor of the game, being active outdoors, honing a skill, friendships made.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? This is the only spy I know of.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Edmond/Oklahoma City, OK, playing The Greens CC.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best things: lots of great golf courses and golfers from this area. We do get a PGA or Champions Tour event from time to time.  Worst thing aside from the mid-summer heat is the number of golf courses closing, which I know is occurring nationwide. Two of my local favorites have closed in the past two years.

6. What do you do for a living? Digital audio production/creation.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's a family thing.

Edited by rkempone

Hi all! I have never formally post in this intro threads so here it goes:

1. How long have you been playing golf? My dad is a big influence on my life for better or worse. He took me out maybe around ages 10-12 a hand full of times. I have natural talent and coordination for sports and it showed with golf. He wanted me to play in high school but I chose otherwise. My other sport of choice was basketball and when my ACL and meniscus gave out for good in the spring of 2016 I started playing golf every weekend starting around the first weekend in July 2017. Haven't stopped since.

2.  What’s your handicap or normal score? 24 is my index and I shoot between 90-100 nowadays.

3. What do you love about golf? The challenge. I think I can become a scratch player but who doesn't. Its been 20 months since I started and its just now that I think I'm starting to understand how to play the game. I'm breaking 90 this summer. I also like being outside and walking for a few hours. Sometimes it doesn't even feel like you are in a city while playing. I love the new viewing perspectives golf courses give you of a place I've lived in for awhile now.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I googled "best driver" and the rest is history. Being a chemical data analyst, I appreciate real data. The quest for knowing the truth about golf clubs was why I googled what I did. I had no idea what MGS was all about. Then after reading the Most wanted Hybrid testing of 2017, I bought the Cobra F7 3-4. And guess what? I bought off the rack, and its my favorite club and the best one i hit. SOLD! Reading Tony and listening to Adam is what keeps me coming back.

5. Do you already know any other Spies? No but that should change. DM me and lets play! Instagram is @silverhillbean Hit me up.

6. Where are you from? live in Albuquerque, New Mexico

7. What is your home course? I have a city PM pass so any muni here really, but I play the one closest to my place which is Los Altos.

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I'm too new at it to say but the Sunday starter at Arroyo del Oso pisses me off. He jams the box and rounds can be over five hours on Sundays. This is the toughest and best city course but when this joker loads the tee box at noon I hate the place. The best has to be the weather, mostly sunny year round. Maybe like 4 weekends a year are unplayable. Oh and the rates are cheap here. With a PM pass which is $325 annually, weekend walking is $12.50 and weekday walking is $10 after 12PM. The best courses here are only $100 a round. The UNM south course is the best I think and they always have off season and in season deals. Even if you don't mind the full rate its only like $50 to play a real course. The Nike tour stopped here a few times in the 90's. Regional US open qualifying is at UNM south as well.

9. What do you do for a living? I'm a technical director at a environmental analysis lab.

10. How’d you pick your user name? My dad gave me many nicknames growing up, some I can't say in public. He called me Slap alot around the age he took me golfing. I think I reminded him of Slap Maxwell. I just goolged him for the first time just now. I should watch more and see what he's talking about.

Krank Formula X Veylix Alpina 573 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

I've been a member for a while , but never got around to introducing myself. I hope to be more active in the future. I recently retired from the Air Force after 21 years of service to this great nation. I'm originally from Arkansas, but currently reside in ABQ, NM and work as a Mechanical Estimator. I started playing golf in 2001 while stationed in Japan, but I have not progressed as quickly as I would like to have. My current handicap is a 19, but my lowest is a 13. My lowest 18-hole score is an 82, while my lowest 9-hole score is a 36. I love that this game is always challenging, yet very enjoyable. I first heard about MyGolfSpy through a "Be Better Golf" video on Youtube, and as popular as MyGolfSpy seems to be, it seems that anyone I talk to about it has never heard of it. I typically play a few different courses, but have recently joined a club for handicap and tournament purposes only...University of New Mexico Championship Course. There is typically great golfing weather in NM, but there is a monsoon season and it is usually windy here.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!!! I just became a new member about a week ago, so figured it was time to introduce myself!

1.  How long have you been playing golf? What's your handicap or normal score?

• I've been playing golf my whole life, but recently have become more active and competitive while in law school. Currently my handicap is 7.2 average score around 75-80. (handicap may be lower recently, I promise I'm not a sand bagger ha)

2.  What do you love about golf?

• I love the challenge, the camaraderie, the different layouts of courses, long drives and hopefully making a few putts out there.

3.   What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• I've actually followed the cite for a year or so, but just recently became a member. The raw data and honesty is refreshing in an age where each manufacturer is trying to make a buck. 
  • I do not know any other spies!

4.   Where are you from? What is your home course? 

• Well originally I'm from Arizona, but due to law school I am in Oklahoma! My home course is Lincoln Park. 

5.  What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Well coming from Arizona, where there is a year round golfing weather, Oklahoma has been eye opening. The constant wind, rain and ice storms are the worst things about the region. However, I do enjoy the golfing community maybe more than I did in Arizona. 

6.  What do you do for a living?

• Currently I am a full time law student and work remotely for a law firm in Arizona. 

7. How'd you pick your username?

• Well, like any other uncreative individual I used my first name and last initial so I wouldn't forget it. Then for a little flair I added a number.  

Hey everyone!!! I just became a new member about a week ago, so figured it was time to introduce myself!

1.  How long have you been playing golf? What's your handicap or normal score?
  • I've been playing golf my whole life, but recently have become more active and competitive while in law school. Currently my handicap is 7.2 average score around 75-80. (handicap may be lower recently, I promise I'm not a sand bagger ha)
     2.  What do you love about golf?
  • I love the challenge, the camaraderie, the different layouts of courses, long drives and hopefully making a few putts out there.
     3.   What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
  • I've actually followed the cite for a year or so, but just recently became a member. The raw data and honesty is refreshing in an age where each manufacturer is trying to make a buck. 
  • I do not know any other spies!
     4.   Where are you from? What is your home course? 
  • Well originally I'm from Arizona, but due to law school I am in Oklahoma! My home course is Lincoln Park. 
     5.  What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
  • Well coming from Arizona, where there is a year round golfing weather, Oklahoma has been eye opening. The constant wind, rain and ice storms are the worst things about the region. However, I do enjoy the golfing community maybe more than I did in Arizona. 
     6.  What do you do for a living?
  • Currently I am a full time law student and work remotely for a law firm in Arizona. 
     7. How'd you pick your username?
  • Well, like any other uncreative individual I used my first name and last initial so I wouldn't forget it. Then for a little flair I added a number.  

Welcome!!!!

Hello Ladies and gentlemen!

1. How long have you been playing golf? Been playing golf consistently for about 2 years, started playing in high school and put it on the shelf for awhile. 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? I would have to guess average around 90.

3. What do you love about golf? It gives you a chance to relax and spend time with your friends. It also allows you to donate to some great causes with outings and tournaments. 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? i love the reviews and insider information that they bring. Also, hearing stories about golf and training, oh and the equipment!

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Oklahoma City. I play most of my golf at Lake Hefner Golf Course.

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Weather is always suspect. become very dry during the summer and wet during the spring. Occasionally will have a 30 degree day then the next day is 65-70 degrees during the spring.

7. What do you do for a living? I work in the Oil and Gas Industry, I train and develop rig hands

8. How’d you pick your user name? Nickname

1. How long have you been playing golf? 12 years, I started my senior year of highschool after I was done with football.

2.What’s your handicap or normal score? 3.4 (74-79)

3. What do you love about golf?  I'm super competitive! I love playing in comps as well as going out and trying to get better and competing against myself each time out.  

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I've been a member for close to 2 years now.  I like the unbiased testing of clubs.

5. Do you already know any other Spies? Nope.  I'm hoping to as I get more involved.

6. Where are you from? Natchitoches, Louisiana

7. What is your home course? Links on the Bayou (Alexandria, Louisiana)

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather and the weather!  If you're willing to play when its really wet you can play in the winter and you can play in August if you can brave 100+ temps I can and do play year round.  Also, we have some really good courses within an hour drive that priced really well. 

9. What do you do for a living? I'm a purchasing agent for a national wood products manufacturer and distributor

10. How’d you pick your user name? It's an username I use alot.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm a new member today and excited about it. I've been playing about 4.5 years. It wasn't until after I raised my family that I had extra time to join my husband and son in golf. Initially I participated a series of free ladies clinics to learn more about the game so I would be better prepared to help a couple of clients (I own an advertising and design agency). In the process I found I really liked golf. I surprised my husband when I played in my first tournament with borrowed clubs only 1 week after completing the clinics. I was invited to play in second tournament 2 weeks later and remember taking the shrink wrap off my clubs as we played. I was definitely hooked. I enjoy being outdoors and live at our home course so golf was a natural fit for another activity I could enjoy with my family. Besides just playing, I love watching nature around the course, camaraderie with new friends, and practicing (what I call research into what works/doesn't plus learning new things). I get bored playing the same course so we enjoy experiencing other venues - close by and traveling to get there.

My current GHIN is 25.5. Each milestone seems to push me to the next. I'm challenged that golf did not come easy but keep slowly improving.

My son suggested that I join MyGolfSpy as a way to explore and learn more. I'm ready to try some new clubs but not sure what. I want to read interesting and informative reviews by others.

Our home course is The Club at Colony Creek in Victoria, Texas. I like to play in all kinds of weather, except lightning. I even think it's cool to look at how raindrops fall down around my club and hit the ground. South Texas summer temperatures can be quite brutal on our bodies and the grass. Early morning and late evening golf is great.

My user name is a reflection of me. I'm a graphic artist who now plays golf. I seem to doodle on everything around me including my golf balls. Currently my balls sport 2 large angel wings. I find that my balls are easy to identify since the drawings wrap part of the way around the ball.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Nice intro and welcome aboard, Mom. You’ll find everyone here is really nice.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Howdy South Central Spys;

I love golf, I love playing it, watching it, talking about it, reading about it, well you get the idea...lol

I live in Houston Texas where we can usually play golf year round! I've played golf since junior high. Never been very good but very passionate about the game, if I didn't have a family and a job maybe I could be better🤣. But do play a couple times a week locally and belong to Bay Forest Golf Club. I'm currently a 17 handicap. We've had an incredibly wet winter season and has been hard to get much practice in this year but spring is now upon us and I'm ready to get some work in to lower my handicap.

I'm a Veterinarian and I live with my wife (she's a golfer and has a hole in one...I don't😒) and my 11 year old daughter ( she's starting to take golf a little more seriously😀).

I found Mygolfspy when looking for Driver comparison ratings and I've been hooked on the content every since. Don't know any other spys but  I think that will change🏌️‍♂️

I'm originally from Tulsa Oklahoma but I've lived in Houston now for 12 years. I play Bay Forest, Timber Creek, Wild Cat, Eagle Pointe and Southwyck golf courses the most. All are very respectable public courses.

Last Summer we took a family vacation to the Monterey Peninsula in California, stayed at Spanish Bay Inn and spa. One of the highlights of my life !  Played Spyglass and Pebble Beach !  I was was in heaven ! But they made me leave...it's expensive but well worth every penny 🏌️‍♂️

See ya around guys and gals

Daviddvm

Edited by daviddvm

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself as I am a regular MGS reader, and becoming more active on the forums.

1. I've been playing for about 3.5 years now. My dad gave me a set of hand-me-down clubs for a birthday one year and I started playing. Only been serious for the last two years or so now, but I'M ADDICTED. Handicap trending down, at an 11 right now.  

1. I call golf the "endless pursuit of perfection". There is no such thing in golf as a perfect round. Not even a 59. There will always be a shot you could've hit better, a putt you could've made for birdie instead of par. That chase excites me. I've also gone from shooting in the 100's to regularly in the mid 80's in two years! That level of improvement keeps me going! And I know there is more left in my tank as my knowledge of the game is only growing each day. I love to learn about the game and I love to practice. Breaking 70 hopefully coming in the next few years!

1. I love the un-biased, datacratic approach to testing. I have a Bachelors and a Masters degree in Statistics and Data Analytics and I work as a Data Scientist, so everything I do revolves around data. The more people can understand how powerful data is, the better.

1. Dallas, TX. I typically play all the courses in the North Dallas suburbs. Ridgeview Ranch, Heritage Ranch, Watters Creek, Stevens Park.

1. Best is the warm weather most of the year. Texas only really has 2-3 months of the year where golf can be unbearable. That also leads me to the worst thing 🙂 During those 2-3 months of the year (usually Nov/Dec -February) its COLD, RAINY and the fairways/greens are ROCK HARD. Not uncommon to hit into 3 club winds during the winter.

1. I am a Data Scientist for a financial tech company. I build models that help us determine who is worthy of giving loans to, who we think are fraudulent, etc.

1. It's my name 🙂 You can call me ACE though (initials)😎♠️

Cheers everyone! If you ever need someone to play with in the Dallas area, I'm sure I could make it happen!

-ACE

golf.PNG

golf1.jpg

golf2.jpg

golf3.jpg

golf4.jpg

Driver: :taylormade-small: M6 with Graphite Design TourAD IZ 7x

3W: :titelist-small: TS2 15.75° with Tensei AV Blue 65s

3H: :titelist-small: TS2 19° with Tensei AV Blue 70s 

4i-PW, AW: :ping-small: i210 with KBS 130x

Wedges: :vokey-small:Titleist Vokey SM7 55°, 60° (M-grind, 8° bounce)

Putter: :cameron-small: 2019 Phantom X7

Great pics ACE ! 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

1 minute ago, daviddvm said:

Great pics ACE ! 

Thank you, sir! The first one is at Heritage Ranch (Fairview), the second is at Stevens Park (Dallas) and the final 3 are all from Santa Fe, NM. Beautiful courses there.

3 hours ago, Alecchaseevans said:

Thank you, sir! The first one is at Heritage Ranch (Fairview), the second is at Stevens Park (Dallas) and the final 3 are all from Santa Fe, NM. Beautiful courses there.

Nice pics!!  Marty Sanchez?  Towa?

It's been awhile since I was in NM.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1. How long have you been playing golf? 12 years, I started my senior year of highschool after I was done with football.
2.What’s your handicap or normal score? 3.4 (74-79)
3. What do you love about golf?  I'm super competitive! I love playing in comps as well as going out and trying to get better and competing against myself each time out.  
4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I've been a member for close to 2 years now.  I like the unbiased testing of clubs.
5. Do you already know any other Spies? Nope.  I'm hoping to as I get more involved.
6. Where are you from? Natchitoches, Louisiana
7. What is your home course? Links on the Bayou (Alexandria, Louisiana)
8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather and the weather!  If you're willing to play when its really wet you can play in the winter and you can play in August if you can brave 100+ temps I can and do play year round.  Also, we have some really good courses within an hour drive that priced really well. 
9. What do you do for a living? I'm a purchasing agent for a national wood products manufacturer and distributor
10. How’d you pick your user name? It's an username I use alot.

I’m just up the road in Monroe. I’ve really enjoyed Links when I’ve played there.

Hi. I'm a new member today and excited about it. I've been playing about 4.5 years. It wasn't until after I raised my family that I had extra time to join my husband and son in golf. Initially I participated a series of free ladies clinics to learn more about the game so I would be better prepared to help a couple of clients (I own an advertising and design agency). In the process I found I really liked golf. I surprised my husband when I played in my first tournament with borrowed clubs only 1 week after completing the clinics. I was invited to play in second tournament 2 weeks later and remember taking the shrink wrap off my clubs as we played. I was definitely hooked. I enjoy being outdoors and live at our home course so golf was a natural fit for another activity I could enjoy with my family. Besides just playing, I love watching nature around the course, camaraderie with new friends, and practicing (what I call research into what works/doesn't plus learning new things). I get bored playing the same course so we enjoy experiencing other venues - close by and traveling to get there.
My current GHIN is 25.5. Each milestone seems to push me to the next. I'm challenged that golf did not come easy but keep slowly improving.
My son suggested that I join MyGolfSpy as a way to explore and learn more. I'm ready to try some new clubs but not sure what. I want to read interesting and informative reviews by others.
Our home course is The Club at Colony Creek in Victoria, Texas. I like to play in all kinds of weather, except lightning. I even think it's cool to look at how raindrops fall down around my club and hit the ground. South Texas summer temperatures can be quite brutal on our bodies and the grass. Early morning and late evening golf is great.
My user name is a reflection of me. I'm a graphic artist who now plays golf. I seem to doodle on everything around me including my golf balls. Currently my balls sport 2 large angel wings. I find that my balls are easy to identify since the drawings wrap part of the way around the ball.

I was just in Victoria this week!!! Wow! I played a public course there, Riverside, and enjoyed it. I felt like I was in the middle of nowhere Texas, though. I was there working with an ophthalmologist in surgery.

Howdy South Central Spys;

I love golf, I love playing it, watching it, talking about it, reading about it, well you get the idea...lol

I live in Houston Texas where we can usually play golf year round! I've played golf since junior high. Never been very good but very passionate about the game, if I didn't have a family and a job maybe I could be better. But do play a couple times a week locally and belong to Bay Forest Golf Club. I'm currently a 17 handicap. We've had an incredibly wet winter season and has been hard to get much practice in this year but spring is now upon us and I'm ready to get some work in to lower my handicap.

I'm a Veterinarian and I live with my wife (she's a golfer and has a hole in one...I don't) and my 11 year old daughter ( she's starting to take golf a little more seriously).

I found Mygolfspy when looking for Driver comparison ratings and I've been hooked on the content every since. Don't know any other spys but  I think that will change

I'm originally from Tulsa Oklahoma but I've lived in Houston now for 12 years. I play Bay Forest, Timber Creek, Wild Cat, Eagle Pointe and Southwyck golf courses the most. All are very respectable public courses.

Last Summer we took a family vacation to the Monterey Peninsula in California, stayed at Spanish Bay Inn and spa. One of the highlights of my life !  Played Spyglass and Pebble Beach !  I was was in heaven ! But they made me leave...it's expensive but well worth every penny 

See ya around guys and gals

Daviddvm

I’m in Houston in 2 weeks and will be looking to play after work each day. I didn’t care for Wildcat as it wasn’t in good condition, too many hidden tee shots, and overpriced for what the conditions were, so if there’s anything else near the Medical Center that’s good, let me know. I’ve played 9 a few times at Hermann Park.

47 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I was just in Victoria this week!!! Wow! I played a public course there, Riverside, and enjoyed it. I felt like I was in the middle of nowhere Texas, though. I was there working with an ophthalmologist in surgery.

LOL. Largest little town in the middle of nowhere "South" Texas! West Texas is even more nowhere. Did fly in or drive?

I like Riverside. It is a relaxing nature course. I hope at least part of the Riverside deer herd was out to greet you. Being in the river bottom it floods at least once a year. And often seems to be the greenest of our 3 courses.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

LOL. Largest little town in the middle of nowhere "South" Texas! West Texas is even more nowhere. Did fly in or drive?
I like Riverside. It is a relaxing nature course. I hope at least part of the Riverside deer herd was out to greet you. Being in the river bottom it floods at least once a year. And often seems to be the greenest of our 3 courses.

I drove-in from San Antonio. Yep, the deer were everywhere!!! Lots of hoof prints on the greens.

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

Yep, the deer were everywhere!!! Lots of hoof prints on the greens.

All of the deer in Riverside Park are protected and allowed to roam where they please. Their home turf trumps our playground and they are not afraid of us. I've even had to wait for one to be coaxed to vacate a green so we could continue play.

PXG 0811 XF driver

On 3/22/2019 at 3:20 PM, Kenny B said:

Nice pics!!  Marty Sanchez?  Towa?

It's been awhile since I was in NM.

Yeah!! We stayed at Buffalo Thunder and played Towa 3 times (on the rotating 3 9-hole courses). We played Marty Sanchez once and Santa Fe CC once. Awesome trip.

Headed to Hattiesburg tomorrow, planning on playing Wednesday after work.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing for over 35 years, my handicap is 16

2. What do you love about golf? I love challenging myself and going through the peaks and valleys of the game

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Found it while reading a story about touring the PING factory, I don't know any Spies

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I'm from Albuquerque, my home course is the Canyon Club at Four Hills

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I think ABQ is an underrated Golf community, we have great city courses and resort clubs at the right price, and our weather is better than PHX.

6. What do you do for a living? I work in Public Affairs and golf is a great way to build relationships with clients

7. How’d you pick your user name?  a play off my city and first name. 

19657406_10209748854418460_6161900751835151254_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    1. I recently picked up golf as a hobby and have really fell in love with the game. I'm still learning but it's fun.

1. I like the challenge of it, and being new and terrible, it is definitely challenging. ha

1. I have always like this site, with the labs and reviews, and thought I'd join up.

1. From the heart of Texas, home course is in Brownwood, Texas.

1. Golf in my region is very firm course conditions and speedy greens.

1. Full time husband and dad of two, I have a job too but it's not as good as being as a father.

1. Just thought it up spur of the moment.

Hello everyone, nice to meet some fellow golfers! Still trying to figure my way through the forums and specifics of the site, but doing my best! Any tips you can lend me would be greatly appreciated. Got mostly an open face through contact with the golf ball, don't know how to fix it. Thanks.

:cobra-small: F7 Driver

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ 3 and 5 wood

:cobra-small: F9 irons 5 thru GW

:cobra-small: King Black Wedges 52/56/60