TESTERS WANTED! ×

South Central: NM, OK, AR, TX, LA, MS

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    1. I recently picked up golf as a hobby and have really fell in love with the game. I'm still learning but it's fun.
  2. What do you love about golf?

1. I like the challenge of it, and being new and terrible, it is definitely challenging. ha

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

1. I have always like this site, with the labs and reviews, and thought I'd join up.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

1. From the heart of Texas, home course is in Brownwood, Texas.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

1. Golf in my region is very firm course conditions and speedy greens.

6. What do you do for a living?

1. Full time husband and dad of two, I have a job too but it's not as good as being as a father.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. Just thought it up spur of the moment.

Hello everyone, nice to meet some fellow golfers! Still trying to figure my way through the forums and specifics of the site, but doing my best! Any tips you can lend me would be greatly appreciated. Got mostly an open face through contact with the golf ball, don't know how to fix it. Thanks.

Welcome from a neighbor next door in Louisiana!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been Playing for as long as I can remember. Got more serious in high school, and walked on to my college team.  Just signed up for GHIN for first time in years and currently at 1.2 

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside, competing, being with family, and the thrill of hitting a great shot. Grew up playing with my parents.  They are almost 70 now and still play together several times a week.  Looking forward to playing with my kids the same way.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I follow several of the guys on Twitter, I'm obsessed with the game, and this seems to be an interesting forum.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Fort Worth, Tx.  Home course would be Rockwood (great muni) or GC at the Resort (where my parents live and play)

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is tons of options.  Still more courses that I haven't played than have played.  Worst- Most courses are a good 20 minutes away from me, and several of them are cart only and not walkable.

6. What do you do for a living? Industrial sales

7. How’d you pick your user name? same as twitter handle, easy to remember

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

On 2/11/2019 at 3:32 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: South Central Region!

1. How long have you been playing golf? 30 YEARS--- AFTER I SOBERED UP. What’s your handicap or normal score? 85 +/-

2. What do you love about golf? What's not to love?? 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Internet search 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? UNM SOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP COURSE, Albuquerque 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?$1800 for a full year, can't beat it, I don't like playing weather below 45,and we get some of that here

6. What do you do for a living? Contractor-overhead doors and dock equipment 

7. How’d you pick your user name. Wife gave it to me... MrYeahBut.. Go figure. 

Any of you not hit past the ladies tees??? See pic below. 

Screenshot_20190413-084826_Dropbox.jpg

Edited by MrYeahBut

1. I’ve been “playing” golf for probably close to 30 years.  My grandmother introduced me to the game when I was a child.  Currently I’m averaging 85 or so per 18 (I have never kept up with my handicap).

2. I love that it’s a way to stay connected with family and that it’s a sport you can continue to play as you get older.

3. I came across this site while reading club reviews.  I do not know anyone on here.

4. Just recently moved to Conway Arkansas.  So far I have not joined a golf course.

5. The best has to be the number of courses in the area and the worst has to be the humidity.

6. I am a pastor.

7.  It’s part of my name.  

On 4/15/2019 at 9:41 PM, MrYeahBut said:

Screenshot_20190413-084826_Dropbox.jpg

I loved playing UNM South when I was traveling to ABQ.  Now that I'm retired, I haven't been there recently.  Pic doesn't look like UNM South... more like Los Altos.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Greetings from Dallas, TX!

My name is Tony Rosselli and I am a husband, father, college professor, and all around golf fanatic.  I have an Instagram page dedicated to my journey of chasing scratch golf (@_chasing_scratch).  I try to practice and play as often as I can, but finances, family, and free-time are always factors.  My son just turned 5yrs old and he loves spending time with me on the course.  He is quite a talented kid who I already taught how to read greens!  I'm looking forward to joining the community.

16 years, typically high 70s or low 80s

I love that it is the constant pursuit of perfection.  You can never truly master the game and that is what keeps me coming back for more!  I also love the community you can gain from spending 4+ hours with good people.

I have always appreciated reading the unbiased reports and analyses of golf clubs and golf products provided by MyGolfSpy.  As a professor who does research, I can appreciate the concept of getting to the real performance and through all the hype and marketing that goes on in the golf industry. 

I live in Fate, TX (just outside Rockwall).  I typically play at Buffalo Creek in Heath, TX.

The best thing about golf in my region is that you can theoretically play year round (some days in summer are deadly and some winter days are just too cold, but for the most part you can make it work).  We have a slow play problem where I frequent.  Then we also have the opposite problem, regulars who don't even read putts just pick it up when they get to the green and try to run you over and rush you.

I am a tenured (found out this semester) college professor.  I actually study the game of golf from a sociological perspective and strategies/challenges with  growing the game for underrepresented groups.

It is an extension of my social media pages (@_chasing_scratch  on Instagram and ChasingScratch on YouTube and Facebook).  A few years ago I made it my goal to try to become a scratch golfer.

coverphoto.jpg

swing.jpg

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

On 2/12/2019 at 8:51 AM, MrBandit said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? Started in my late 20s when I moved to Cali,
    What’s your handicap or normal score? 9.0

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge of you and the course, competition.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Seen what out there, getting feed back from other golf enthusiast have to say and recommend, Do you already know any other Spies? NO

4. Where are you from? Currently living in Dallas, TX, What is your home course? Firewheel Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Weather

6. What do you do for a living? IT 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Had it since HS

James, is this you bud?

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing for about 30 years.  Most of the time it is on the weekend.  Now that I am retired I am looking to play more often.  Preferable during the week so I can get away from the weekend congestion.  My current handicap is 16.  Now that I have the time I hope it goes down.

2.  What do you love about golf? The best part is the exercise.  I use a push cart and enjoy the long walk.  I do play better when I walk instead of using a cart.  I also the view of nature.  Yesterday I played a course that went up and down a hillside.  Some of the views were spectacular.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I came to this site looking for some review on golf equipment. Do you already know any other Spies? Not yet.

4. Where are you from? I currently live in Wren, MS.  We hope to move to Huntsville, Al in the near future.  Want to get closer to the kids. What is your home course?  I usually play Riverbirch in Amory, MS.  I enjoy playing courses when we travel and then I collect their logo balls for my wall rack.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Plenty of local public course to add varied.  Most of them are in very good condition and offer different layouts and challenges.  The summers get very hot and humid.  It makes it a challenge to walk when the humidity gets to 80%.

6. What do you do for a living?  Retired form the Federal Courts as the IT Manager.  Before that I was a helicopter pilot in the Army.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Combination of my previous occupations.

I've been plating for 26 years. GHIN handicap is 1.6 put currently playing to about a 4. 

I love how you can play the same course a million times and all it takes is some wind or some wet conditions to completely change what you knew about it.

3.What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Google. I know no one here; at least I don't think I know anyone. 

New Orleans, Louisiana. I don't have a home course. I play anywhere that's in good shape that has a tee time available. 

The worst is outrageous prices some courses charge to play when their maintenance crew can't even keep a a fake plant living. 

The best in it's warm enough to play all year round and you only really have to worry about rain. 

Hospital Administration

I moved to Virginia for some time after Hurricane Katrina but NOVA means Northern Virginia so I made VANO. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: M1 460

3W: :taylormade-small: M2 15*

Hybrid: :adams-small: Idea a7 22*

3-PW: :titelist-small: AP2

GAP: :callaway-small: X-Tour 52*

SW::cleveland-small: BRZ 900 56*

LW::cleveland-small: RTX-3 58*

Putter::scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant 

Ball::titelist-small: Pro V1x

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer

15 hours ago, ITAv8tor said:
  1. How’d you pick your user name? Combination of my previous occupations.

I like creative user name.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from Tulsa! Long time follower of MyGolfSpy, but wanted to get more involved as a member, so here's a little about me...

• I've been playing since I could walk.  My dad was a golf course superintendent and we lived on a little 9-hole course in Coleman, TX.  I had the greatest backyard in the world!  My handicap is a 2.5 right now, it has fluctuated from +1 - 4 over the last 5 years.

• Everything, basically. It brings my friends and family together in tournaments all over the place.  It's the reason I go on trips.  I've met my closest friends through golf.  Plus... it allows me to stay competitive.  It probably has the best handicapping system of any sport.  I could jump in a 5 man Wolf game with the top 4 golfers in the world and absolutely hold my own (as long as it was a net game, obviously). Also, it's just therapeutic. 

• I've followed MyGolfSpy for a long time.  The most recent Golf Ball test is something I've been trying to do for myself for a while (in a much less detailed manner), but without the use of a robot, I couldn't get consistent figures.  I have a few friends that I know spend time on MyGolfSpy, but not sure if they are active participants. 

• I live in Bixby, OK, which is just a small suburb of Tulsa.  I've been a member at Meadowbrook CC since 2011, but am currently transitioning over to the Oaks.

• The best is the golf courses around here are actually extremely nice.  We have a pretty good weather climate for golf courses.  Much better than West TX, where I spent most of my life watching my dad struggle to keep those courses in great shape with 3" of rain/year.  The worst may be the hot&humid summers and strong winds, but they honestly don't bother me. 

• I'm a petroleum engineer.

• This is my user name for almost everything I have.  My football number was 67 in HS, and I've always written it on my golf balls as a target score. I've only shot it a couple of times, but it's always a great goal to have. 

On 5/1/2019 at 11:15 AM, JoeJoeB67 said:

Greetings from Tulsa! Long time follower of MyGolfSpy, but wanted to get more involved as a member, so here's a little about me...

• I've been playing since I could walk.  My dad was a golf course superintendent and we lived on a little 9-hole course in Coleman, TX.  I had the greatest backyard in the world!  My handicap is a 2.5 right now, it has fluctuated from +1 - 4 over the last 5 years.

• Everything, basically. It brings my friends and family together in tournaments all over the place.  It's the reason I go on trips.  I've met my closest friends through golf.  Plus... it allows me to stay competitive.  It probably has the best handicapping system of any sport.  I could jump in a 5 man Wolf game with the top 4 golfers in the world and absolutely hold my own (as long as it was a net game, obviously). Also, it's just therapeutic. 

• I've followed MyGolfSpy for a long time.  The most recent Golf Ball test is something I've been trying to do for myself for a while (in a much less detailed manner), but without the use of a robot, I couldn't get consistent figures.  I have a few friends that I know spend time on MyGolfSpy, but not sure if they are active participants. 

• I live in Bixby, OK, which is just a small suburb of Tulsa.  I've been a member at Meadowbrook CC since 2011, but am currently transitioning over to the Oaks.

• The best is the golf courses around here are actually extremely nice.  We have a pretty good weather climate for golf courses.  Much better than West TX, where I spent most of my life watching my dad struggle to keep those courses in great shape with 3" of rain/year.  The worst may be the hot&humid summers and strong winds, but they honestly don't bother me. 

• I'm a petroleum engineer.

• This is my user name for almost everything I have.  My football number was 67 in HS, and I've always written it on my golf balls as a target score. I've only shot it a couple of times, but it's always a great goal to have. 

Joe, howdy from TX!  I joined MGS a few weeks ago for similar reasons. I visit Tulsa/Jenks every few months to see the in-laws and have been impressed with the public courses.  I heard White Hawk closed recently, but have played the Muni's- Page Belcher, LaFortune,  Southlakes, and Blackjack a few times each, and have been generally pleased with the conditions of the courses up there. 

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group,  I post as 2Eagle not because I am Native American ,but I have made a 2 on a par 5 which is a double eagle.  I’ve been playing golf for 60 years and currently am still a single digit index.  I live in SE Texas, across the street from my golf club and I play over 100 times a year as the weather here is mild with the exception of Mid January to mid February . I came to My Golf Spy because I test golf equipment and was looking for other opinions.  

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group,  I post as 2Eagle not because I am Native American ,but I have made a 2 on a par 5 which is a double eagle.  I’ve been playing golf for 60 years and currently am still a single digit index.  I live in SE Texas, across the street from my golf club and I play over 100 times a year as the weather here is mild with the exception of Mid January to mid February . I came to My Golf Spy because I test golf equipment and was looking for other opinions.  

Greetings from northwest Ohio - nice intro.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

What's up everybody? My name is Matt Wozniak. 

I have been playing golf most of my life since I was a little kid when my dad got me into the game. I did have to take a few years off recently as my professional life kind of took over my existence, but I have recently rediscovered this great game. I'd say that I typically shoot right around 100 unless the putter gets hot. 

I love the beauty and uniqueness of the game. Everything can be entirely different every time you step out to play. From the course, the weather conditions, your swing, your partner's swing to just simply whether you walk or ride. You get a fresh experience every time. 

I have recently moved to South Central Louisiana and am looking for ways to connect with other golfers. I haven't met any other spies.

I moved to South Central Louisiana in March, but I'm originally from suburbs of Chicago. I guess my home course now would be The Wetlands. But my home of homes has to be Bonnie Brook Golf Course.

Best thing about golf in my region is that I can pretty much get out year around. Got to survive the humid summer months and a short couple of months of winter. The worst thing is that I live in a swamp so I loss balls to drink quite a bit.

I work on the medical staff for a college football team. I help rehab athletes who have suffered injuries out on the playing field. Just now trying to expand into the golf world.

It's just an abbreviation of my full name with the initials of my fledgling business as the end credits. 

But here's the shameless plug. If you as a golfer are suffering from an achy low back which 50% of all amateur golfers suffer, shoulder pain (as many as 12%), or you're worried about future injuries, shoot me an email matthewwozniakatc@gmail.com. I may be able to get you back to playing pain-free, worry-free golf. 

What's up everybody? My name is Matt Wozniak. 

I have been playing golf most of my life since I was a little kid when my dad got me into the game. I did have to take a few years off recently as my professional life kind of took over my existence, but I have recently rediscovered this great game. I'd say that I typically shoot right around 100 unless the putter gets hot. 

I love the beauty and uniqueness of the game. Everything can be entirely different every time you step out to play. From the course, the weather conditions, your swing, your partner's swing to just simply whether you walk or ride. You get a fresh experience every time. 

I have recently moved to South Central Louisiana and am looking for ways to connect with other golfers. I haven't met any other spies.

I moved to South Central Louisiana in March, but I'm originally from suburbs of Chicago. I guess my home course now would be The Wetlands. But my home of homes has to be Bonnie Brook Golf Course.

Best thing about golf in my region is that I can pretty much get out year around. Got to survive the humid summer months and a short couple of months of winter. The worst thing is that I live in a swamp so I loss balls to drink quite a bit.

I work on the medical staff for a college football team. I help rehab athletes who have suffered injuries out on the playing field. Just now trying to expand into the golf world.

It's just an abbreviation of my full name with the initials of my fledgling business as the end credits. 

But here's the shameless plug. If you as a golfer are suffering from an achy low back which 50% of all amateur golfers suffer, shoulder pain (as many as 12%), or you're worried about future injuries, shoot me an email matthewwozniakatc@gmail.com. I may be able to get you back to playing pain-free, worry-free golf. 

Welcome! I’m in N LA.

• 2 weeks later...
  1.  I’ve been playing golf since I was 10, so for 57 years. My GHIN handicap is 7.2 and I usually shoot in the mid 70s.
  2. Being naturally competitive, I love the fact that I’m competing against myself. Even playing the same course the game is never the same.

3.  I happened across the golf ball study recently and couldn’t believe that I had found an unbiased source of golf information. Most reviewers have either some kind of stake in the products under review or they don’t know anything about the scientific method. No, I don’t know any golf spies.

4.  I live in Spring, TX and my home course is Windrose Golf Club.

5. The best thing about golf, where I live is number of good and affordable courses in the area. The worst is probably that most courses down here don’t put enough effort into maintaining the sand traps.

6. I am retired. When working I was a Chief Technology Officer for a public school district and was an adjunct university professor.

7. My user name is simply a combination of first and last name, and one I use on other social media.

Chasing scratch

Greetings all, Texas golfer here. Been playing pretty seriously for a little over a year, working to get better to build lasting memories with my son. now to answer some questions

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? off and on for like 4 years, seriously for the past year. Currently playing off a 14.

2. What do you love about golf? Experiencing different courses and playing conditions. Working through struggles and weak points in my game. Spending quality time with my son.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Been reading the reviews for a while, figured Id finally bite the bullet and join the forums. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Amarillo Texas. Typically play the two course at ross rogers, but i play all of the city courses and get on at the country clubs when I get invited.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best things are, when the weather is good it's perfect. Worst thing is the WIND, it's absoluty nuts up here most of the time.

6. What do you do for a living? I am a software engineer.

7. How’d you pick your user name? I can't count the number of times I am on a tee box, confident, and then blast a ball straight right, always a good time.

1.  I’ve been playing golf since I was 10, so for 57 years. My GHIN handicap is 7.2 and I usually shoot in the mid 70s.
  2. Being naturally competitive, I love the fact that I’m competing against myself. Even playing the same course the game is never the same.

3.  I happened across the golf ball study recently and couldn’t believe that I had found an unbiased source of golf information. Most reviewers have either some kind of stake in the products under review or they don’t know anything about the scientific method. No, I don’t know any golf spies.

4.  I live in Spring, TX and my home course is Windrose Golf Club.

5. The best thing about golf, where I live is number of good and affordable courses in the area. The worst is probably that most courses down here don’t put enough effort into maintaining the sand traps.

6. I am retired. When working I was a Chief Technology Officer for a public school district and was an adjunct university professor.

7. My user name is simply a combination of first and last name, and one I use on other social media.

Headed to Houston Monday and looking to play up North by you as I come into town. Where would you recommend? Online, places like Tour 18, and Golf Club of Houston have punched greens, so choices are slimmer.

I started playing when I was 7 or 8, my stepdad lived next to our local 9 holer and my brother and I would sneak on with my moms clubs and play a little. Stopped in high school to play other sports. Started again in my early 20s at a little goat ranch course in Crossroads, TX. Got my clubs stolen a couple years later so I stopped again. Picked up some WalMart clubs and started playing again about 4 years ago and got really, really hooked. I'm in for good now. My handicap....is a lot. I don't have an official USGA handicap but I've made a spreadsheet that will calculate it and currently it says I'm a 35.6. I usually shoot around 110-120.

I love the fact that the game is unbeatable. Its something that I can play/practice for the rest of my life and never absolutely beat it or get it perfect. I like that it's outside (unless its midday summer in TX). And I really love the self policing/honor code of the game along with its history. 

I was brought here from golf twitter. I don't know that I know any other spies.

I'm from the middle of nowhere Wisconsin but I'm living around College Station, TX now. I don't have a "Home" course, but I prefer to whack it around the local muni here. 

Best - It's everywhere. There are 5 courses in town (2 private) and within a 1.5 hour drive I've got Austin and Houston and eveything in between. 
    Worst - Probably the price. I'm trying to get out from under student loans and it doesn't leave a lot of leftover to go spend 50-100 for a round. Update 7/2/19: Last Friday my wife and I found out that the above mentioned muni has a $9 walking rate on weekdays. NINE DOLLARS!!! I actually laughed out loud when the kid behind the register told me the price. Looks like the game is about to pick up hard and fast after all. 

I'm a civil engineering E.I.T.

My shot shape! Although, my friend (he's a scratch player) and I made a couple small tweaks at the range and got me to hit straight shots with every club in the bag so hopefully the name will be a laughable memory soon.

Edited by Banana Slice

Driver:  :ping-small: K15 10.5

3W: :taylormade-small:  M2 15

Hybrid: Knight XVII 23

4i-Sw:  :taylormade-small: Rac Lt 

Acer XB 58o Wedge D-grind 

Putter:  :ping-small: Karsten Craz-E

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 4:32 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: South Central Region

New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

Hit it find it hit it again.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing for 46 years.  I was a 2 - 5 handicap back when I used to play more but I played very little from 2012 - 2016 and then none at all the last three years.  I have a renewed interest in the game but my swing has a lot of rust on it at this point.  

2. What do you love about golf?  Golf courses that are beautiful

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Nope, just stumbled across it

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Edmond, OK.  The Golf Club of Edmond is where I typically play.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  It is very hot in the summer.  There are some nice courses in OK but the best ones are expensive if you can play them at all.

6. What do you do for a living? Jet engines

7. How’d you pick your user name? I am a Texas Aggie, class of ‘83, first name is Sam.

Ping G425 Max 10.5 with a Tour AD IZ-7 XStiff 

Ping G425 3-wood (14.5 degree)

Ping G425 Hybrid (19 degree)

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged W/Stiff Shafts

Vokey SM8 50.08, 54.14, 58,10

Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 (2020)

Pro V1x 

Just realized I never announced my presence last year when I joined.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf off and on for about 7 years, and my normal score is about 105. 

2. What do you love about golf? Being outdoors. Being 100% in control of my performance. Friendships and rivalries.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The articles and forum interactions. No known spies... yet.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Houston, TX. I would say Legendary Oaks in Hempstead is my most played course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather allows for play on most days year round, but we pay for it in sweat with the 90+ degree days 3-6 months out of the year.

6. What do you do for a living? Oil and Gas Software Analyst.

7. How’d you pick your user name? This is actually me. Kurt. Heh.

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

MGS New Member Introduction: South Central Region

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started playing when I was about 18...so 1993 or so. I shoot low to mid 80s when playing once/month...high 80s when I don't get to play as much.

2. What do you love about golf? Nothing in sports feels as good as a perfectly struck golf ball. Golf courses are beautiful. Golf is hard...the hardest game/sport I've ever tried to be good at...so it's rewarding when I play well.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Random Google search for driver review. Don't know anyone here.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Northeast Arkansas. I play at Sage Meadows primarily. A Tommy Bolt course...very fun track.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Not a lot of choices without driving a significant distance. Summer is very hot (although I don't mind). Most golfers of any skill level here are friendly, and it's enjoyable to simply play into a group.

6. What do you do for a living? Sales

7. How’d you pick your user name? I'm an avid and very competitive tennis player (currently rated 5.0, although I'm really just a very good 4.5 player). My tennis buddies call me the "Milchine" because when tournament time comes, I rarely lose. My name is Milnes, and I'm a machine when it comes to winning tennis matches. Lol...

Hi all — new guy here. I've read several product reviews & features at the main website, but just recently discovered the forums. It's hard to find good on-line golf communities, so I thought I'd start lurking here.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I picked up golf around 5 years ago, but have only been taking it seriously for the last 3. Handicap is 16, improving steadily (was in the low-20s a year ago, and now my scores hover around 90). Really, really wish I had more time to play; I get in 15-20 rounds a year.

What do you love about golf?

It's super-challenging (difficult). Usually when I have to learn something new, I study -> work -> solve.  Golf...has not been that way. Definitely the most challenging pursuit I've taken up in many years. Probably the most challenging, aside from marriage! 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Do not know any others here.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I live in the panhandle of Texas. My home golf course is Tascosa/La Paloma Golf Club in Amarillo.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best thing is that we can golf almost year-round. We have super-cold winters, but we only get significant snow a couple times a year. We're used to playing when it's too cold to put a tee in the ground. Worst thing is the heat from June-September; insanely hot. This is Texas, but we're up on the high plains, so we get weather extremes at both ends. Oh yeah, it's also freakishly windy all the time. I was watching some PGA tourney on TV a few months ago, and the telecasters were talking about how the players were having to deal with the 13-mph winds, and I'm like,"Man, we pray for 13-mph winds."

What do you do for a living?

I'm self-employed. I own a company that makes custom sportswear. Which explains why I can't play more than 20 rounds a year, and to be honest...I should have been working during those 20 rounds.

How’d you pick your user name?

My name is Matt. I am a man. Really rolls off the tongue.

vwN36se.jpg

Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal irons, loft std, lie 1 degree flat
Taylormade R15 driver, 14°, regular flex
Right-handed
Amarillo, TX
Hdcp 16

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing since 12 yrs of age  I’m presently 63  shot upper 70’s -mid 80’s  

2. What do you love about golf?  Competing against the course, nature and fellowship  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies  curiosity and feedback from other members

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Granbury, Texas  play Squaw Valley in Glen Rose

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Lot of courses from which to choose  Have to drive 20-30 miles to play  

6. What do you do for a living? Retired Probation Dept  Director

7.  How’d you pick your user name?I hate 3 putts!

I have been following My Golf Spy for a while now. I am Intrigued by the concept(transparency) . Love the podcast No Putts Given. Looking to get more involved in the community and be a part of this movement to change the golf industry. Here's my info.....

I have been playing golf for about 20 years now but just in the past 4 years have really gotten more serious about my game and playing a lot more. My handicap is 21 and dropping(Hopefully)🤞🤣

Most of all what I love about golf is the challenge,  the juxtaposition of a beautiful peaceful landscape coupled with the torment raging on in your head and how intuitively the game knows when you are on the edge ready to throw your clubs in the water and walk away for good and with one beautiful shot brings you back to that peaceful landscape and keeps you coming back for more.   

I found My Golf Spy while searching for equipment info on the web and never looked back. 

I am from New Orleans, Louisiana and I am currently a vagabond golfer. rarely play the same course twice except for tournaments

The best thing about golf in this region is the weather allows for year round golf. The worst part is the course selection in my area.

I currently work for an oil company in the area and on the side I am an involved in a few projects that are my true passions and of course one of them is golf.

My username comes from my current project with a few buddies to share our golf experiences through YouTube, Instagram etc... to hopefully grow the game in our area and set up programs to get more of our youth involved in the game.

:taylormade-small: Driver M6 9 Patterson Kinect 

:755178188_TourEdge: Tour Edge Exotic EXS 3 Wood 15 degree 

:taylormade-small: Rescue 3 fairway/hybrid wood 17 degree

:ping-small:  irons i-500 4-W Project X LZ 5.5 

:taylormade-small: Wedges,  Mill Grind 2- 50 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree HI-Toe

:cameron-small:  Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter Super Stroke grip

:Snell: MTB-X optic yellow

VESSEL  bag Player stand 2.0