TESTERS WANTED! ×

South Central: NM, OK, AR, TX, LA, MS

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing golf for 30 years;  started playing in college.  I am a 6 hdcp.

2. What do you love about golf?  Love the challenge and ability to keep improving.  It's great to get outside and go for a long walk if you will.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I like reading the testing articles and listening to the podcast.  I am not aware of knowing other Spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in Dallas; I play at DAC.  2 Nicklaus courses - Great tracks.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? As others have said from North Texas, playing year round is great but dormant grass in the winter is not.  I'm ok with hot weather so that does not deter me.

6. What do you do for a living?  Work for a software company.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  It brings a fun persona on the golf course.

8 hours ago, alisarodriguez15 said:

Hey guys! 
My name is Alisa and I’m from Austin Texas!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 
    I “played” golf here in there through my childhood. My dad and uncle would take me to the range from time to time  I didn’t get seriously into golf until my freshman year of high school and I haven’t been able to put the clubs down since! I’m currently a scratch golfer trying to make it on the LPGA!

2. What do you love about golf? 
    I love everything about the game! The challenge of every shot. You don’t always have the same shot each time. It’s always different, always a surprise. The ability to be able to test my game each time I go out is so much fun.   

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? 
    I have heard about it through friends who play and told me to follow on Instagram. Since then I love reading up on the posts and getting other Spies input on things. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    Born and raised in Austin Texas! My home course is Balcones Country Club where I teach as well. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 
    I love all the different courses in my region. Each course you play is different and allows you to work on different parts of your game. I just wish it didn’t get so hot in the summer!

6. What do you do for a living? 
    I’m lucky enough to be around golf 24/7. I teach and play for a living!

7. How’d you pick your user name? 
    I chose something super generic. I went with my first and last name with my favorite number 15! I grew up playing softball and it was my first love. I picked the number when I was 5 and wore it all the way though high school!

838C543D-B523-47B8-ACF1-1070F2D47456.jpeg

Super cool! Glad to have another Texan among the ranks, welcome to MGS!!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

29 minutes ago, teddyvegas said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing golf for 30 years;  started playing in college.  I am a 6 hdcp.

2. What do you love about golf?  Love the challenge and ability to keep improving.  It's great to get outside and go for a long walk if you will.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I like reading the testing articles and listening to the podcast.  I am not aware of knowing other Spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in Dallas; I play at DAC.  2 Nicklaus courses - Great tracks.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? As others have said from North Texas, playing year round is great but dormant grass in the winter is not.  I'm ok with hot weather so that does not deter me.

6. What do you do for a living?  Work for a software company.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  It brings a fun persona on the golf course.

Welcome to the forums!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Hi folks. Since I can't play right now, looking to get my fix on sites like My Golf Spy.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? My uncle was a golf coach in El Paso. Been playing since I was about 8 years old. Handicap hovers between 7.5 and 8.5.

2. What do you love about golf? Perfect blend of strategy and athleticism. So many ways to play each and every hole.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love the site's golf ball and other equipment reviews.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally from El Paso, live in San Antonio. Canyon Springs Golf Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? In the summer, the HEAT!

6. What do you do for a living? Former journalist doing public affairs now.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Descriptive of where I'm from.

Edited by JC from SA

Callaway Mavrik driver, Apex 19 irons and Cleveland RTX-4 wedges.

Morning ladies and germs. I've been playing golf for around 6 years now with the last year practicing more to get better. Was shooting in the 100's, then moved to the 90's last year, this year I'm currently shooting low to mid 80's.

Golf is fun for the most part, I just like being outside.

It's another forum to chat about, not sure if I know anyone here yet.

Bentonville, Ar with the home course being Lost Springs GAC in Rogers.

Best things about it are the number of courses around the NorthWest Arkansas area of varying difficulties and price ranges. Worst things would be the private clubs I can't afford to be a member at LOL.

I work in the medical field, username was something that I was called as a teenager.

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

1 hour ago, beelzeberto said:

Morning ladies and germs. I've been playing golf for around 6 years now with the last year practicing more to get better. Was shooting in the 100's, then moved to the 90's last year, this year I'm currently shooting low to mid 80's.

Golf is fun for the most part, I just like being outside.

It's another forum to chat about, not sure if I know anyone here yet.

Bentonville, Ar with the home course being Lost Springs GAC in Rogers.

Best things about it are the number of courses around the NorthWest Arkansas area of varying difficulties and price ranges. Worst things would be the private clubs I can't afford to be a member at LOL.

I work in the medical field, username was something that I was called as a teenager.

Another Arkansan is better than another Texan!

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

1 hour ago, AmishJason said:

Another Arkansan is better than another Texan!

Unfortunately mate, I was born in Texas and lived there until I was 10 lol. Texas blood and roots, just lived here most of my life.

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

15 hours ago, alisarodriguez15 said:

Hey guys! 
My name is Alisa and I’m from Austin Texas!

I “played” golf here in there through my childhood. My dad and uncle would take me to the range from time to time  I didn’t get seriously into golf until my freshman year of high school and I haven’t been able to put the clubs down since! I’m currently a scratch golfer trying to make it on the LPGA!

2. What do you love about golf? 
    I love everything about the game! The challenge of every shot. You don’t always have the same shot each time. It’s always different, always a surprise. The ability to be able to test my game each time I go out is so much fun.   

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? 
    I have heard about it through friends who play and told me to follow on Instagram. Since then I love reading up on the posts and getting other Spies input on things. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    Born and raised in Austin Texas! My home course is Balcones Country Club where I teach as well. 

I love all the different courses in my region. Each course you play is different and allows you to work on different parts of your game. I just wish it didn’t get so hot in the summer!

6. What do you do for a living? 
    I’m lucky enough to be around golf 24/7. I teach and play for a living!

7. How’d you pick your user name? 
    I chose something super generic. I went with my first and last name with my favorite number 15! I grew up playing softball and it was my first love. I picked the number when I was 5 and wore it all the way though high school!

838C543D-B523-47B8-ACF1-1070F2D47456.jpeg

Our daughter lives in Austin, Tx. I will come check out Balcones CC on our next trip.

WITB

Driver: Titleist 917D3 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7

Fairway: Titleist 917F3 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8

Irons: Mizuno JPX919 Tour 4-PW Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour

Wedges: Vokey SM7 52, 56, 60

Putter: whatever is working

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:32 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? 26 Years but I'm really just coming off of a 5 year lay off from playing all together.

• What’s your handicap? probably 10 or 12

• What do you love about golf? All the memories I have of my time playing golf with my dad. That's were the love of the game comes from.

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? We'll after a 5 year layoff I decided to get back into golf, and MGS got me up to speed on what I've missed these past few years.

•  Do you already know any other Spies? Nope

• Where are you from? Originally from Wyoming but now I'm in Texas.  

• What is your home course? Oso Beach, in corpus christi

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? not allot of courses locally, 2 munnies and one private CC Oh and this South Texas WIND....

• What do you do for a living? Production Controller for the ARMY/Civilian

• How’d you pick your user name? Its my Gym Nickname

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf for 25 years on and off.  My handicap is around a 7

2. What do you love about golf? I love that you can go out and play with buddies or enjoy the game by yourself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Checking out some other golf forums.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am in OKC area.  I play a lot of the city courses.

6. What do you do for a living?  I work in healthcare 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Never good picking user names.  Just mashed my pets names together.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - Started playing golf when I was 9.  Played some D1 golf then didn't play for several years due to family commitments.  Getting back into playing again and handicap is now a 7.

2. What do you love about golf? How the game is a constant challenge with yourself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Found MyGolfSpy on Youtube.  Do not know any other Spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Madison, MS and play at Deerfield Golf Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Weather is good enough to play year round.  Not enough courses

6. What do you do for a living?  Finance Manager for Technology Company

7. How’d you pick your user name?  An online name that i have been using since AOL dial up days.

default_callaway-small.jpgParadym 🔹🔹🔹 9* GD Tour AD IZ 6x

default_callaway-small.jpg Rogue ST LS 3W GD Tour AD IZ 7s

default_callaway-small.jpg Rogue ST LS 5W Tensei Blue 75s

:srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 Project X 6.0

image.png.ce3b743fb59da696d0ec9ba260d600cb.png ZX7 6-PW Project X 6.0

default_titelist-small.jpg Vokey SM8 50* F Grind

default_titelist-small.jpg Vokey SM8 55* D Grind

default_titelist-small.jpg Vokey SM9 59* K Grind

:taylormade-small: Spider X Navy Small Slant 33in

default_titelist-small.jpg Pro V1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!  Im new here and sort of new to golf!  

1. I have been playing golf a whopping 5 years!  Got a late start, but loving it!  low 90's on average

2. I love how golf can be so challenging and enjoyable at the same time

3. Been reading the reviews posted on Facebook for while, finally joined the forum

4. South Louisiana, play at the Farm D'Allie the most, but i enjoy playing different courses vs having a membership to one course.

5. Some great scenery...but hot and humid

6. Operations Manager for Manufacturing Facility

7. High School nickname was Sticks (from my drumming pastime), but now i play with Golf Sticks too!

1. How long have you been playing golf? about 19 years, starting in my 40s.  What’s your handicap or normal score?   High 70s to Mid 80s, my index is 10.1 though recent detached retina surgery has hurt my game some so unfortunately I'm on an upward trend.

2. What do you love about golf?  There's always something to work on (I'm a range rat.)  I can still enjoy the game even with bad knees and shoulders.  It gets me outside.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Unbiased reviews, by far the best on the internet that I've found.  Do you already know any other Spies?  I don't.

4. Where are you from? I'm from the Inter-mountain west, then Buffalo NY and now in the Fort Collins Colorado area.  What is your home course?  Southridge, a Fort Collins municipal, just because my company's league plays there (I mostly love to play and discover many different courses.)

1. Best: There are many courses, Colorado golfers are very friendly, I get extra distance from my swing because of the altitude and dry air, there are very few rainy days, and I can usually play all year.

2. Worst: It can be difficult to get tee times, it's a bit more expensive than Buffalo, and it can be pretty windy at times.

6. What do you do for a living?  Embedded software engineering.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  When I started playing back in the early 2000s, I was told playing anything less than 18 holes at once meant you weren't a real golfer so I took on the mantra of "Golf for the Masses" to advocate an attitude of being very passionate about golf even if I can't spend near five hours playing every round.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - Started playing golf when I was 9.  Played some D1 golf then didn't play for several years due to family commitments.  Getting back into playing again and handicap is now a 7.

2. What do you love about golf? How the game is a constant challenge with yourself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Found MyGolfSpy on Youtube.  Do not know any other Spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Madison, MS and play at Deerfield Golf Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Weather is good enough to play year round.  Not enough courses

6. What do you do for a living?  Finance Manager for Technology Company

7. How’d you pick your user name?  An online name that i have been using since AOL dial up days.

I live in NE Louisiana and cover all of Mississippi for work. We’ll have to meet-up for a round of golf one day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Hey!  Im new here and sort of new to golf!  

1. I have been playing golf a whopping 5 years!  Got a late start, but loving it!  low 90's on average

2. I love how golf can be so challenging and enjoyable at the same time

3. Been reading the reviews posted on Facebook for while, finally joined the forum

4. South Louisiana, play at the Farm D'Allie the most, but i enjoy playing different courses vs having a membership to one course.

5. Some great scenery...but hot and humid

6. Operations Manager for Manufacturing Facility

7. High School nickname was Sticks (from my drumming pastime), but now i play with Golf Sticks too!

Did you go to Carencro for HS?

Hi, my name is Rob Wedge and I live in New Orleans, LA. I am a golf fanatic!!! I eat, sleep, and dream golf. I love meeting new golfers when I play. Hopefully I will meet some more golfers here.

1. How long have you been playing golf? 15 years, I started in high school after I was done with baseball but was not consistently playing until 12 years ago.
2.What’s your handicap or normal score? 15
3. What do you love about golf?  I'm in love with seeing different courses and the lay outs. I especially love elevation changes since I don’t see that at home.
4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I like to know when new products are coming out.
5. Do you already know any other Spies? Not currently But maybe soon.
6. Where are you from? New Orleans, Louisiana
7. What is your home course? I don’t really have a home course, but I love playing TPC Louisiana.
8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather during the rainy season!  Being able to play year round.
9. What do you do for a living? Operations Manager in the Maritime field
10. How’d you pick your user name? It's a username I use often.

Hi, my name is Rob Wedge and I live in New Orleans, LA. I am a golf fanatic!!! I eat, sleep, and dream golf. I love meeting new golfers when I play. Hopefully I will meet some more golfers here.

1. How long have you been playing golf? 15 years, I started in high school after I was done with baseball but was not consistently playing until 12 years ago.
2.What’s your handicap or normal score? 15
3. What do you love about golf?  I'm in love with seeing different courses and the lay outs. I especially love elevation changes since I don’t see that at home.
4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I like to know when new products are coming out.
5. Do you already know any other Spies? Not currently But maybe soon.
6. Where are you from? New Orleans, Louisiana
7. What is your home course? I don’t really have a home course, but I love playing TPC Louisiana.
8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather during the rainy season!  Being able to play year round.
9. What do you do for a living? Operations Manager in the Maritime field
10. How’d you pick your user name? It's a username I use often.

Hey, Rob, I live up in NELA, and come to work in New Orleans quite often. I always play at the end of the day, and I’m ready to get back out to TPC! I’ll let you know when I head down there so we can catch a round!

• 2 weeks later...

Golf is a game of life, we plan aim and swing our shot. it works out sometimes and no so much other times. Golf is a new sport to me and can't get enough of it. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  3 years and currently a 14 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? being outdoors and challenging myself

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I know zero other spies but follow the group on IG and its website of black and white info

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Dallas area and I play a public course here, Indian Creek. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing, there's tons of courses. worst thing, everyone rides. I wish more people would walk. I enjoy the small talk between shots and holes while we walk

6. What do you do for a living? I do IT, Network Analyst, and have tried to merge both my career and hobby together. Plans are to try and get on board with the PGA of America when they move to the area in 2022. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just default name really. 

Been Playing for about 8 years and I am a 5 Handicap

1. What do you love about golf?

I love the challenge 

1. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I have followed for years for quality information on products

1. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best thing is we get to play most of the year. Only about 2 months off. Worst thing is the heat in the summer

1. What do you do for a living?

Sales

Been Playing for about 8 years and I am a 5 Handicap

1. What do you love about golf?

I love the challenge 

1. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I have followed for years for quality information on products

1. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best thing is we get to play most of the year. Only about 2 months off. Worst thing is the heat in the summer

1. What do you do for a living?

Sales

Where do you live?
Welcome!!!!

Golf is a game of life, we plan aim and swing our shot. it works out sometimes and no so much other times. Golf is a new sport to me and can't get enough of it. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  3 years and currently a 14 handicap

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I know zero other spies but follow the group on IG and its website of black and white info

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Dallas area and I play a public course here, Indian Creek. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing, there's tons of courses. worst thing, everyone rides. I wish more people would walk. I enjoy the small talk between shots and holes while we walk

6. What do you do for a living? I do IT, Network Analyst, and have tried to merge both my career and hobby together. Plans are to try and get on board with the PGA of America when they move to the area in 2022. 

That would be cool to work for the PGA! Good luck!
Welcome!

On 5/16/2020 at 2:41 PM, Xavierp.21 said:

Agreed many of the courses in DFW are riding courses, but more are opening up to walking, and there are several great walkable muni's in the area.

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

1. How long have you been playing golf? Started when I was 34. 
    What’s your handicap or normal score? Index is 6

2. What do you love about golf? I love how difficult it can be even when I think I have something figured out. I like how you get to see really cool layouts when you are playing a new course. Throw in some wildlife and a few beers and I’m happy. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I originally was looking at reviews and then I was offering my own feedback about places to play, gear, and maybe even an opinion.  
    Do you already know any other Spies? No. 

4. Where are you from? Tulsa, Oklahoma.  
    What is your home course? Tulsa Country Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about eastern Oklahoma is you can really play year around. We have pretty interesting terrain here. Unlike the other side of the state that is a little flatter and has smaller trees. 

6. What do you do for a living? I’m the VP of a technology company.

7. How’d you pick your user name? I played football up until and a short stint into college. Grew up in Texas as Cowboys fan and now that I’m in Oklahoma,I’m an Ok State Cowboys fan. My old number was 14. 

Cart: image.png.50e429cab7658fa55a7699ecf1a9bc3b.pngElectric Cart Tek 1500

Driver: :ping-small: G430 LST  10.5  Mitsubishi Kai Li white 60 stiff

3 wood: :ping-small: G430 15 Mitsubishi Kai Li white 67 stiff

3 &4 hybrid:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gif0311 Gen 5 Mitsubishi MMT 80 stiff

Irons 5-GW:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gifPXG Gen 3 0311T Steelfiber 115 

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 6’s gw 50.8, sw 56.8, lob 62.8)

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works Red Versa #7S slant neck

Ball:  vice golf.png Vice Pro bridgestone_logo.jpg.4e27c12bc4cae05babb1372e71a3f149.jpg RXS

Hello Everyone,

My name is Conner and I've been playing golf for 25 years if you count hitting balls in my grandparents pasture when I was 3 🙂. If we count it as actually hitting the course I've been playing for 20 years. My handicap hovers around 10 +/- 1. My love for golf comes from the wonderful memories I've collected throughout the years with family and friends, and the constant pursuit of getting better. I love the feeling of flushing an iron, and i also get some sort of weird satisfaction from a bladed tee-shot that somehow still roles onto a par 3 green. As I'm sure most here know playing golf is a relationship with ups and downs, but it always keeps you coming back.

I'm originally from Canyon, TX, a small town south of Amarillo. I now live in Fort Worth, TX, which for golf is quite an improvement. I mean, I still look fondly on the days we played in 30 mph winds, and if you dare try and take a divot you risk shattering your wrists, but the courses in Fort Worth are just a bit more forgiving. My current home course is Oeste Ranch just West of Fort Worth. The best thing about golf in North Texas is the multitude of courses and opportunities to get out and play, and the worst is probably how tight the fariways get cut in the summer.

I currently do not know any Spies.

I'm a project manager for a general contractor and my user name was really picked for me. My brother set up my email when I was young and it's stuck ever since.

I look forward to being a part of the Spy community!

-Conner

Driver: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - 9.5 Diamana XS 60

3W & 3Hy: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - Stiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: RAC OS II - Stiff -  Standard loft/lie

Wedges::callaway-small: MD3 S-Grind 52, 56

Putter: :taylormade-small: TP Ardmore 3 - L Neck

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1X

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Fort Worth, TX- RH - 10 Handicap

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 22 Years.  About an 8.  Typically High 70s to low 80s

2. What do you love about golf? The strive to always improve.  Being outdoors, spending time with friends and family.  That well struck shot that you think about for days until you get back out there.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Been reading and using info for a year or two now.  Finally taking the leap.  I know no others active in the forum.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Dallas region.  Rusted Rail Crandall. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Multiple great course nearby.  Probably only downside is it's pretty flat, so some course are uninspiring.  

6. What do you do for a living? Account Manager  

7. How’d you pick your user name? Name and birth year

On 5/22/2020 at 9:10 AM, Presley85 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 22 Years.  About an 8.  Typically High 70s to low 80s

2. What do you love about golf? The strive to always improve.  Being outdoors, spending time with friends and family.  That well struck shot that you think about for days until you get back out there.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Been reading and using info for a year or two now.  Finally taking the leap.  I know no others active in the forum.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Dallas region.  Rusted Rail Crandall. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Multiple great course nearby.  Probably only downside is it's pretty flat, so some course are uninspiring.  

6. What do you do for a living? Account Manager  

7. How’d you pick your user name? Name and birth year

Haha, flat is an understatement on some of the courses around here. I don't know if you've tried Fossil Creek over in Ft. Worth but it's got a little topography, or Canyon West if your willing to go out past Weatherford! 

Welcome!

1 minute ago, connerp93 said:

Haha, flat is an understatement on some of the courses around here. I don't know if you've tried Fossil Creek over in Ft. Worth but it's got a little topography, or Canyon West if your willing to go out past Weatherford! 

Welcome!

So many good public options.  Fossil has some good holes but I'm not a fan of the course since it goes through a neighborhood and is walking only.  Rockwood is my favorite in Ft Worth, but Squaw Creek out west, Whitestone in Benbrook, Hawks Creek and Fort Worth.  On the Dallas side, Stevens Park is great, Irving GC is decent + tons of other great options!

I also grew up in Amarillo, and definitely more topography here!

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

I love Sqauw, it's only a couple miles from my house. I also grew up in the Panhandle, in Canyon. What was your home course when you were there, we were members at palo duro and Canyon CC?

So many good public options.  Fossil has some good holes but I'm not a fan of the course since it goes through a neighborhood and is walking only.  Rockwood is my favorite in Ft Worth, but Squaw Creek out west, Whitestone in Benbrook, Hawks Creek and Fort Worth.  On the Dallas side, Stevens Park is great, Irving GC is decent + tons of other great options!
I also grew up in Amarillo, and definitely more topography here!

Sent from my SM-G973U using MyGolfSpy mobile app