TESTERS WANTED! ×

South Central: NM, OK, AR, TX, LA, MS

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1 minute ago, connerp93 said:

I love Sqauw, it's only a couple miles from my house. I also grew up in the Panhandle, in Canyon. What was your home course when you were there, we were members at palo duro and Canyon CC?

Sent from my SM-G973U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I lived out at Lake Tanglewood in HS, so played a ton out there, but also palyed for Randall so Palo Duro and Canyon CC were our home courses.  

I also had friends that worked at Ross and Comanche so I got to play out there whenever I wanted in High School.  Need to get back and play the Mustang Course at Ross, heard it's fantastic!  (same guys Trey Kemp/Colligan  that did Rockwood, Squaw, Rangers, Irving, and Stevens)

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

I played mustang a couple years back, not too shabby at all!

I lived out at Lake Tanglewood in HS, so played a ton out there, but also palyed for Randall so Palo Duro and Canyon CC were our home courses.  
I also had friends that worked at Ross and Comanche so I got to play out there whenever I wanted in High School.  Need to get back and play the Mustang Course at Ross, heard it's fantastic!  (same guys Trey Kemp/Colligan  that did Rockwood, Squaw, Rangers, Irving, and Stevens)

Sent from my SM-G973U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - 9.5 Diamana XS 60

3W & 3Hy: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - Stiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: RAC OS II - Stiff -  Standard loft/lie

Wedges::callaway-small: MD3 S-Grind 52, 56

Putter: :taylormade-small: TP Ardmore 3 - L Neck

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1X

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Fort Worth, TX- RH - 10 Handicap

Hey Everyone - fairly new to Texas but have been following MGS forever and love to play some g!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• 10 years+ and I am a 6.2 handi

2. What do you love about golf?

• I can play it alone or in a big group and have just as much fun either way. You are always put in a position to challenge yourself and skills each round and it's an endless pursuit of improvement.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Data driven, honest feedback with a community of people who love and appreciate the game as well as all that goes into it

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

• I am from Atlanta and a member of Piedmont Driving Club there. I now live in Houston and play at Lakeside CC here as well as Boot Ranch in Fredericksburg, TX

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• In Houston a lot of the courses are very flat, not to mention it can get unbearably hot and humid.

6. What do you do for a living?

• Software Sales

7. How’d you pick your user name?

• It was my assigned email alias in college and has stuck ever since

Edited by colemth

Just adding my name to the long list of Golf Spy fans. Hello from West Texas!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Almost 2 years now and handicap is 10.8 today.

2. What do you love about golf? I am an ex college football player and ex Ironman triathlete. I needed something to compete at and this is a real challenge. In addition I like the social aspect of playing with friends.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have been following the reviews for a year or so since I am relatively new to this sport. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Abilene, Tx. Home course is Abilene Country Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is you can play almost all year long, worst is the mid summer heat.

6. What do you do for a living? Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor.

7. How’d you pick your user name? long term use, (first name initial-middle name-last name initial).

•  
Edited by jmerleb

Has anyone else played the most golf of their life recently? I've been fortunate enough for that to be the case over the past two months. Courses around me (San Antonio, TX) started with social-distancing protocols, then were walking-only (my favorite rounds of the year so far), then closed for a week and then went back to just social-distancing protocols. As a result there was basically always golf to play and nothing else to do and nowhere else to go so I've gotten out almost weekly when normally I only get 1 or 2 rounds in a month.

*Equipment Free Agent*

:callaway-small:    Rogue 10.5° - Aldila Synergy 50 Stiff

:callaway-small:    Rogue 17° 4 wood - Aldila Synergy 60 Stiff

:ping-small:   G25 20° Hybrid - TFC 189 R-Flex

:mizuno-small:    JPX 900 Hot Metal 5-PW - KBS Tour C-Taper Lite Steel

:cleveland-small:    RTX-4 50°, 54°, 58° - 9° Bounce - Dynamic Gold S400

:taylormade-small:   TP Z Milled 56° SW - 12° Bounce - KBS Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:   TP Black Copper Collection Ardmore 3 - Super Stroke Pistol GT Tour 1.0 Putter Grip - Jumbo

:titelist-small:  TOUR SOFT or Pro V1X

GARMIN - APPROACH S60 GPS WATCH

1.    How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing since I was 4 years old(35 now) but between the ages of 16-35 I only played 1 time. Im back at it full force now! My handicap is not officially set but im trending downward ~15-16. Normal score for me is in the range of 85-99

2.    What do you love about golf? The chance to relax, get out for a while, meeting new people, HITTING BOMBS, and Not laying up. lol

3.    What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have been using it over the last year for equipment recommendations and just found out about the forum and wanted to join. Nope no other spies.

4.    Where are you from? What is your home course? From Miami, Ok. My home course it Peoria Ridge Golf Course, its amazing! Im a member there, unlimited green fees, carts, and range balls!

5.    What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best, its pretty mild winters for the most part, I played about 10-15 times this winter. Worst- Hot and humid during summer, also could be 40 when you tee off and at the turn 75, then 95 by the time you get done lol.

6.    What do you do for a living? My official title is Product Support Tech II- I work for a slot machine company where I support, configure, and test the software used on the servers and slot machines we have delayed all over the US.

7.    How’d you pick your user name? first name, last name initial, year I was born, I use it a lot.

100825217_281570949642709_5510839015277854720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=KXh5L1a-w0UAX-_lUnu&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=e6ca2e53b030408c476f961a6bdfe136&oe=5EF72C42

1 hour ago, BLW15 said:

Has anyone else played the most golf of their life recently? I've been fortunate enough for that to be the case over the past two months. Courses around me (San Antonio, TX) started with social-distancing protocols, then were walking-only (my favorite rounds of the year so far), then closed for a week and then went back to just social-distancing protocols. As a result there was basically always golf to play and nothing else to do and nowhere else to go so I've gotten out almost weekly when normally I only get 1 or 2 rounds in a month.

Corpus Christi was non stop open, playing 2 sometime 3 times a week, basically since the gyms are closed I picked golf back up.

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

1 hour ago, Zen Snake said:

Corpus Christi was non stop open, playing 2 sometime 3 times a week, basically since the gyms are closed I picked golf back up.

Do you have a favorite course to play in Corpus? I make it down to the coast a few times a summer and have played Palmilla (RIP 18 hole course), Oso Beach, North Shore and CCCC.

*Equipment Free Agent*

:callaway-small:    Rogue 10.5° - Aldila Synergy 50 Stiff

:callaway-small:    Rogue 17° 4 wood - Aldila Synergy 60 Stiff

:ping-small:   G25 20° Hybrid - TFC 189 R-Flex

:mizuno-small:    JPX 900 Hot Metal 5-PW - KBS Tour C-Taper Lite Steel

:cleveland-small:    RTX-4 50°, 54°, 58° - 9° Bounce - Dynamic Gold S400

:taylormade-small:   TP Z Milled 56° SW - 12° Bounce - KBS Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:   TP Black Copper Collection Ardmore 3 - Super Stroke Pistol GT Tour 1.0 Putter Grip - Jumbo

:titelist-small:  TOUR SOFT or Pro V1X

GARMIN - APPROACH S60 GPS WATCH

Oso and Lazano or nice for munis. The country club is nice but hard to get onto. I'ma try and make it to Portland cause I heard the course out there is pretty slick.

Do you have a favorite course to play in Corpus? I make it down to the coast a few times a summer and have played Palmilla (RIP 18 hole course), Oso Beach, North Shore and CCCC.

Sent from my LG-H931 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

12 hours ago, BLW15 said:

When things started shutting down in March, I started playing more thinking that each round could be my last for awhile. This also made me cherish it more. Also had a few vacation days to burn. But I still go into the office 5 days a week, and once it appeared everything was opening up, I'm back to my every other weekend schedule. 

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing for about 35 years total.  Was extremely competitive 25 years ago, playing 4 or 5 times a week (worked at a country club) with a 4 handicap.  Needed to finish school, get a real job, etc and have played maybe 3 times a year in work events for the last 15 years.  My son plays baseball in college and when his season was cut short due to coronavirus, he started  messing around, caught the golf bug and now has me back into it.  I’m guessing I’d be a 12-14 handicap right now...determined to get back into the 70’s.

2. What do you love about golf?  It’s evolved for me.  25 years ago I’d play Friday matches where we’d barely speak to each other, grinding over every shot...and I loved it!  Today that would be miserable.  It’s nice now to get out with my son or friends, be outside, away from work and drink a few Beers.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? .i don’t know any spies (that I know of).  I just got fitted and bought new irons, replacing the 20 year old Pings, and was doing research before I bought woods/hybrids when I stumbled upon the site.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Grew up in the North Dallas / Richardson area, playing Firewheel, Sherril Park, Chase Oaks and Tennison most frequently.  Now I live in Round Rock (just north of Austin) and usually play Teravista, Star Ranch, Forest Creek but get lucky from time to time and have a friend get me on at UT Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Can’t complain.

6. What do you do for a living? IT Sales

7. How’d you pick your user name?  My usual one was taken so it’s  variation on my name.

•  

:callaway-small: FT9 9° Driver, 3 & 5 wood

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW 2° flat, Project X 6.0

:mizuno-small: T20 54° & 58° wedges, 2° flat, project X 6.0

:ping-small: Pal2 putter

:titelist-small: ProV1

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Picked the game up casually in college 8-9 years ago. Last year got a lot more serious into it. Currently a 12.6 GHIN

2. What do you love about golf? Everything. Being outdoors, competing against myself and others, drinking a few with the boys out on the course. What's not to love?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Started off looking at the Most Wanted lists, ventured over to the forums and here I am. I don't think I know any others 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From south Louisiana, home course is Pelican Point in Gonzales, LA

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - Being able to play year round, never really gets too cold to play. Worst - Frequent rains combined with low elevation lead to a lot of poor draining courses and soggy conditions, combine that with summer heat and humidity and golf can be brutal.

6. What do you do for a living? Reliability Engineer in petrochemical industry

7. How’d you pick your user name? Not very creative, it was my assigned email address in college

Callaway Epic 9.0 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 x

Callaway Rogue 3W Project X HZRDUS 6.5

Titleist 818H1 3H Project X HZRDUS 6.5

PXG 0311 Gen 2 4-PW KBS C Taper 130 X

Vokey SM7 50*-08F, 54*-08M, 58*-04L KBS Tour X

Odyssey Metal X 6

40 minutes ago, ddugas52 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Picked the game up casually in college 8-9 years ago. Last year got a lot more serious into it. Currently a 12.6 GHIN

2. What do you love about golf? Everything. Being outdoors, competing against myself and others, drinking a few with the boys out on the course. What's not to love?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Started off looking at the Most Wanted lists, ventured over to the forums and here I am. I don't think I know any others 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From south Louisiana, home course is Pelican Point in Gonzales, LA

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - Being able to play year round, never really gets too cold to play. Worst - Frequent rains combined with low elevation lead to a lot of poor draining courses and soggy conditions, combine that with summer heat and humidity and golf can be brutal.

6. What do you do for a living? Reliability Engineer in petrochemical industry

7. How’d you pick your user name? Not very creative, it was my assigned email address in college

Welcome! I’m in NE Louisiana and travel all over MS and LA for work. I played Pelican just after it opened many years ago!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1. How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing golf since I was 4, so going on 28 years.  What’s your handicap or normal score? roughly average 77-83

2. What do you love about golf? that no matter how mad it makes me I cannot stop playing. it has given me many memories with my dad and it's always something he and i can do together.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Whenever I am looking for club/shaft information to help me with my job there are always forums of people who have had the same questions and usually people have answered them so it helps me. plus just the golf addicts like me have a place to converse and i think it's awesome.  Do you already know any other Spies? I do not, I've had an account for a couple years but never really tried to be apart of it until now

4. Where are you from? From San Antonio,TX but live in Austin,TX What is your home course? I guess my home course would be Forest Creek since it is 10 minutes from my house and can always get a good deal to walk or ride 18 and they have a lit up range so I can practice till 9 or 10 pm

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 1st I would have to say the weather, central Texas likes to get into the 100s and it gets humid at the same time. Also there are not too many good public courses, and the good ones that are around are usually packed because they're just stacking tee times and making it normal to play a 5-6 hr round.

6. What do you do for a living? I am the Services Supervisor at PGA Superstore in Austin. I'm in charge of the cashiers, our Fitting Van Expert and our instructors. I am also the shop guy so I do ALL the club repair work which I love because I love fixing clubs and making it so that people can enjoy golf the way I do. I used to work for Edel golf building wedges and irons and I just love what I do.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It is what I tell myself to do so that I will go and be active and not just a lazy sloth who sits at home all day. I've really been using it lately to go and walk 9/18 to get healthier

1. I grew up playing as a junior in tournaments. Decided to pursue basketball through college and just jumped back into the obsession.

2. Average Score = 84; 8 HCP

1. you vs. the course/nature; continuous improvement.

1. Need fellow golf nerds!!🤓

1. Austin, Texas - Avery Ranch Golf Club/Barton Creek 

1. Worst = Overcrowded public tracks

2. Best = Its Texas, I get to play year-round 💪

1. Management consulting in BigLaw 

1. Diehard Texas Longhorn fan and business school alum 🤘

LATEST GOLF ADVENTURES BELOW

Edited by hookem9312

What's in the bag:

:titelist-small: TS3 Driver 9.5*, Mitsubishi C6 Blue 50 Stiff, Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound BLACKOUT 

:taylormade-small:SIM MAX Rocket 3 Wood 14*, Oban Devotion 7 Stiff, Superstroke Cross Comfort Black/Blue 

:callaway-small:Mavrik 5 Wood, Oban Devotion 7 Stiff, Superstroke Cross Comfort Black/Blue 

:titelist-small:U510 2 Iron 18*,  Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 HY Stiff, Golf Pride Tour Velvet

:titelist-small:2020 Model TS200 4-6 iron, KBS Tour V (Vee) stiff, Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound

:titelist-small: 2020 Model TS100 Plus 7-GW(48*), KBS Tour V (Vee) stiff, Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound

:callaway-small:MD5 Jaws Platinum Chrome Wedges 54*, 58*, True Temper Tour Issue 115 Steel, Golf Pride CP2 Pro 

PXG Closer Putter

Howdy, new to the site and just getting back into golf after several years now that kids are older. I was playing pretty regularly prior to kids, my oldest of which turns 17 in a few weeks, and was able to shoot in the mid to upper 80's on most courses. Over the past 15 years or so, I have only played 1-2 times a year, but generally can go out and shoot in the low 90's. I am located in Pearland just south of Houston, and played Wildcat a few weeks ago and shot 88, which was my first time to play this year. I played Golfcrest last week and shot 90. I am in need of some equipment upgrades, or at least I think I am, so I stumbled across this site while researching club fittings. I'm very interested in comparing my current clubs (which are old TM Burner LCG irons and fairway woods with rifled steel shafts, and an old Callaway BB Warbird driver at 6.5 degree loft) to some of the latest and greatest clubs available to see how much opportunity for improvement I might have. Ideally, I'd love to be able to get my handicap down to single digits, which I think I can do if I played more regularly. I just joined Golfcrest CC, so that will be my home course, but have only played it once so far. If anyone is interested in playing around the Houston area, hit me up!

• 15 years. +10-12

• The mental challenge it presents on any given day

• Looking for a place with like minded people who love golf!

• San Antonio, Tx. Ceder Creek Golf Course

• Best - enjoy the people I meet. 

• Worst - the wind

• I am a pharmacist 

• Random, just switched the first letter of my first and last name haha 

Edited by sryanbalas

image.png.7633b52ede806f50bab6e5bbdb4e6121.png SIM 9* Fujikura Motore F1 6X. Golf Pride Tour Z Standard

image.png.7633b52ede806f50bab6e5bbdb4e6121.png  SIM MAX 15* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X. Golf Pride Tour Z Standard

image.png 818 H2 19* Tensei CK White S 90g. Golf Pride Tour Z Standard

image.png.be64c576acc3cce3079e6a3b7980dc7a.png z785. Modus NS Pro 125. Lamkin Crossline Standard

image.png SM7 50*/54*/58*. Modus NS Pro 125. Lamkin UTX Standard

image.png Scotty Cameron Newport Beach 1.5 Studio Stainless (2004). SuperStroke Tour 1.0 

image.png

image.png

51 minutes ago, sryanbalas said:

• 15 years. +10-12

• The mental challenge it presents on any given day.

• Looking for a place with like minded people who love golf!

• San Antonio, Tx. Ceder Creek Golf Course.

• Best - enjoy the people I meet. 

• Worst - the wind. 

• I am a pharmacist. 

• Just being silly 

We just got your old Pro, Jim Trainor, here in Monroe, LA. Seems like a good guy. Not sure why he’d leave San Antonio to come here to a goat track...

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1. How long have you been playing golf? Consistently 6 years.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 90s

3. What do you love about golf? Love being outside. Wife started to play too....that's plus.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Dope content. Do you already know any other Spies? Nope.

5. Where are you from? McAllen Texas What is your home course? Shary Golf Course and Palm-view Golf Course

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: we can golf all year long. Worst: Hot and humid 9 months out of the year.

7. What do you do for a living? HR 

8. How’d you pick your user name? It's part of my name.

DRE02

On 7/10/2020 at 5:16 PM, Andres Martinez said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? Consistently 6 years.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 90s

3. What do you love about golf? Love being outside. Wife started to play too....that's plus.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Dope content. Do you already know any other Spies? Nope.

5. Where are you from? McAllen Texas What is your home course? Shary Golf Course and Palm-view Golf Course

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: we can golf all year long. Worst: Hot and humid 9 months out of the year.

7. What do you do for a living? HR 

8. How’d you pick your user name? It's part of my name.

Ed Tennison 

Srixon ZForged blades.

1. How long have you been playing golf? Playing about 25 years.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 5.8 index but trending down after some major swing changes.

3. What do you love about golf? It's a game you can't beat sonits always a challenge. Plus I can play it for as long as the body allows.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Insider information about all things golf!!

5. Where are you from? Roanoke Texas What is your home course? Mainly play at work The Vaquero Club in Westlake, TX

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: we can golf all year long. Worst: Hot 6 months out of the year.

7. What do you do for a living? Aspiring PGA Class A Pro.  Retired Navy

8. How’d you pick your user name? It's my name.

Ed Tennison 

Srixon ZForged blades.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I'm a newbie- just joined today, but I've been reading MGS for about a year now and I've really appreciated the insights I've gained. I'm looking forward to interacting more on the forums!

1.  How long have you been playing golf? What's your handicap or normal score?

• I've been playing golf since I was 8 and struggling with/loving it ever since. At my best I was a 16 handicap, but I let my game go idle as I moved around and struggled to find places to play and practice. Currently I'm shooting in the 90s with occasional glimmers of what I used to be and what I could be that I find both promising and frustrating.

2.  What do you love about golf?

• Golf was originally something I did a lot with my dad, he taught me to play and it gave us a lot of time together growing up. He played to hold his own with customers/clients on the course and my mom was happy to get me out of the house. Back then I just loved to be doing something "grown-up"!
  • Now, I really appreciate the social aspect, I have a few close friends that like to play; I enjoy the beauty of a well-manicured course and I am absolutely addicted to the break-thrus as my game comes back. 
  • Finally, I really love that feeling when you get into a grove- stringing a few shots together, maybe even a few holes of just hitting the ball pure and clean like you know what the hell you're doing.

3.   What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• I've been an avid reader of the site's content for about a year and really enjoy it. I'm always looking for a deal or an enhancement that makes this supremely challenging game just a bit easier and more fun. In all my hobbies I love scouting out gear and scoring with a little known brand that's punching above its weight.

4.   Where are you from? What is your home course? 

• I'm originally from the Midwest, now I'm in Houston, TX. I'm bouncing around munis and public courses now, trying to find a home. Happy for some suggestions!

5.  What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Living in the middle of Houston I'm unfortunately a pretty far drive from most courses and with so many folks interested in playing, many courses book up fast, especially the convenient ones!. That said, about 10 months of the year we have good weather for golf!

6.  What do you do for a living?

• I'm in marketing for an industrial construction supplies distributor

7. How'd you pick your username?

• Nothing special here! Just a smattering of the letters in my name I've been using for a while!

--
Driver: :callaway-small: GBB Epic Sub Zero 10.5* X-Stiff -- Currently borrowing an Epic Flash, as the GBB was damaged during practice, and loving it
3 Wood: :callaway-small: Epic Flash 3W X-Stiff
Irons: Nickent 3DX Pro 3-PW Stiff
Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey Spin Milled 52.08* , 56.10* :cleveland-small: CG16 60.12*
Putter: :odyssey-small: WhiteHot RX-7
Ball: Testing Snell MTB-Black & MTB-X
RH

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 15 yrs, Break 80 about 30% of the time

2. What do you love about golf? Tweaking/building clubs and seeing the results on course

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The 2019 ball review

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Oklahoma, Buffalo Rock

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best-cheap, BYOB. worst- few courses within 1hr

6. What do you do for a living? Chemist

7. How’d you pick your user name? college email prefix

PXG 0811 X/70S Ahina
Cobra F9 Tour/80S Diamana B
Mizuno MP18 FliHi (3) MMC (4-P)/Tensei White X
Maltby M Tour 50&58/KBS 610 125S+
Evnroll ER2.2
Snell MTBX

• 3 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 10+ years. Been focusing on improving my game the last 3 years. I have yet to officially handicap but plan on doing it this year. 

2. What do you love about golf? its one of the most difficult sports i have ever tried and i love it. Plus i enjoy having a few beers while im doing it.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I caught one of the podcasts on youtube and im hooked. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Fort Smith AR, Ben Geren Golf course is all we have left.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Lack of golf courses and (Smaller town) and the temperature in the summer. 

6. What do you do for a living? Analyst 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Used to drive a 300zx. Picked the name in an MMO years ago because I dont have much of an imagination. 

Excited to get to know everyone. Honestly i cant believe it took me this long to discover Mygolfspy. 

•  
Edited by Zguy

Driver.  :cobra-small: King F9 driver 

3 Wood.  :taylormade-small: AeroBurner HL

Hybrid.  :callaway-small: Big Bertha 4 21*

Irons.  :callaway-small: X2 hot Pro                                      

Wedges. :callaway-small: PM grind 56* 60* & Jaws 52*

Putter. :cameron-small:  Circa 62 

Ball:srixon-small: Zstar XV

Bag. Ogio Recoil

Grips. Golf Pride CP2 Jumbo 

4 hours ago, Zguy said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 10+ years. Been focusing on improving my game the last 3 years. I have yet to officially handicap but plan on doing it this year. 

2. What do you love about golf? its one of the most difficult sports i have ever tried and i love it. Plus i enjoy having a few beers while im doing it.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I caught one of the podcasts on youtube and im hooked. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Fort Smith AR, Ben Geren Golf course is all we have left.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Lack of golf courses and (Smaller town) and the temperature in the summer. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Used to drive a 300zx. Picked the name in an MMO years ago because I dont have much of an imagination. 

Excited to get to know everyone. Honestly i cant believe it took me this long to discover Mygolfspy. 

•  

Welcome to the forums!  Always good to see another Arkansan.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

On 8/25/2020 at 4:22 PM, Zguy said:

•  

Theres only one course left in Ft. Smith? dang.

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Started around 5, have played off and on. Just played my first round after not playing for 2 years.

2. What do you love about golf? Being outdoors. Competing against myself and the course.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Was looking for info on golf balls.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Waxahachie, Tx. Waxahachie Country Club is closest.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? A great variety of courses. Price per round.

6. What do you do for a living? Work in a warehouse.

7. How’d you pick your user name? First initial and last name.

Chris from dfw.

Psalm 16:8

1. How long have you been playing golf? 30+ years  What’s your handicap or normal score? Don't really have a handicap, but anywhere from high 70's to high 80's

2. What do you love about golf? Pretty much everything about this game, I love.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Read a review of some Miura irons I've been drooling over......ah......Miura.  Do you already know any other Spies? Nope

4. Where are you from? Houston, TX  What is your home course?  Gus Wortham/Memorial Park

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is year round golf.  Worst thing is access to decent golf is costly and you usually have to drive about an hour to get there.

6. What do you do for a living? Sales in oil & gas

7. How’d you pick your user name? Year I was born

1. How long have you been playing golf? Since I was about 10 and I am 56 now. What’s your handicap or normal score? Mid-Upper 70's

2. What do you love about golf?  that no matter how long you play there is no way to ever master the game completely

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? the unbiased reviews are what attracted me Do you already know any other Spies? I do not

4. Where are you from? Lubbock, TX What is your home course? Plainview CC

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - Fall Weather  Worst - Lack of quality Public Courses

6. What do you do for a living? CPA

7. How’d you pick your user name? I could remember it...at my age that is important

Driver: :titelist-small:TSi3 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-6 X-Flex

3 wood :titelist-small: HZRFUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.5 Flex

5 wood :titelist-small: TSi3 Graphite Design Tour AD HD-7 X-Flex

7 wood :titelist-small: TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 X-Flex

5-7 iron :taylormade-small: P-770 KBS C-Taper Stiff

8-9 iron :taylormade-small: P-7MB KBS C-Taper Stiff

46-50-54-58 Wedges :vokey-small: SM8 Custom KBS C-Taper 46-50 : KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 54-58

Putter :cameron-small:  Phantom X 11.5

1. How long have you been playing golf? Started in my teenage years, but nothing serious.  My friends and I just hacked around our small town's 9 hole course.  What’s your handicap or normal score? Currently about 14.

2. What do you love about golf?  What's not to love!  It's a great way to meet people, exercise, and spend time outdoors.  It's humbling, yet addicting at the same time.  One great shot can get you to want to come back. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Love the reviews and golf talk.  Do you already know any other Spies? Nope.

4. Where are you from? Austin, TX What is your home course? Shadow Glen, Star Ranch

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  There's quite a few good public courses around.  I just wish I had more time to golf!  

6. What do you do for a living?  Sales Consultant for psychological assessment company (licensed psychologist)

Callaway Epic 10.5, Mizuno JPX 825s, LAB 2.1 Directed Force