Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

South Central: NM, OK, AR, TX, LA, MS

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

19 minutes ago, MrFancyPants said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing on and off for the past 15 years. I am a 30.3 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? Everything. Even when i am playing bad, i still love the game. Its real relaxing for me. Esp when you hit that one awesome shot. The shot that keeps you in the game. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Was looking at club reviews and saw MyGolfSpy. Thought i would give it a try.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Slidell, La. I guess my home course would be Royal Golf Course. It is where i play the most. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I would say the best thing about golf in my region is that golf can be played all year round. 

6. What do you do for a living? I am in the Air Force

7. How’d you pick your user name? My daughters used to love My Little Pony's when they were young. On one of the episodes, they had a character and his name was Mr Fancy Pants. and they started calling me that. So it just kinda stuck.

I look forward to talking with everyone. and i hope to learn a ton!

Welcome! I’m up in N LA. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 1/19/2021 at 5:15 PM, txgolfer45 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf?  53 years  What’s your handicap or normal score?  5.5

2. What do you love about golf?  Meeting new people, always a challenge.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?   I like the product information.  Do you already know any other Spies? No

4. Where are you from? The Colony, TX  What is your home course?  The Golf Clubs at The Tribute

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Can pretty much play all year long.  Can get pretty windy when fronts blow through.

6. What do you do for a living?  Internal Auditor

7. How’d you pick your user name?  I've used it on other forums.

Played over the Tribute from time to time, once the changed the greens it has been much better.
Old American is one my favorite tracks over there.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

I'm currently based in Georgia but I accepted a job offer in Dallas. I felt like I should introduce myself to the region of Spies. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been golfing now for 17 years. My father got me started when I was 12, it was always fun the get taken out of school to go golfing with him and his friends. I'm currently a 8.4 handicap however, my scores have been getting better and better since I've been playing more frequently. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love the challenge golf gives me! Having to apply strategy to each hole and relying on only myself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? A buddy of mine shared one of the Instagram posts and I've been following since. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Nomad at the moment. Looking forward to finding a nice, challenging course when I get out there. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I'll let you know when I get to play a season. 

6. What do you do for a living? Facility Manager for a 3rd party logistics company. 

7.  How’d you pick your username? I'm a Marine Veteran and my first football number when I was 7 years old. 

• Driver-:titelist-small: TSi 3 9*( Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 65)
  • 3W- :cobra-small:Cobra Speedzone (Oban Isawa Red 04 Stiff 75) 14*
  • 3H-:cobra-small: Speedzone (UST Recoil 480 ESX (F4)
  • 5-A-:mizuno-small: Mizuno JPX Hot Metal Pro (Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff) 22*-50*
  • 56*-:taylormade-small: MG3
  • 60*-:vokey-small: SM8
  • Putter-:taylormade-small: Spider GT 35"
  • Ball- ProV1X :titelist-small: or :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS
  • Range Finder- Bushnell Tour V4 Jolt Shift With Slope Patriot Pack
  • Bags-:titelist-small: Camo Players 4 Plus Stand Bag or :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 in red, white, and blue
  • Spikes-:nike-small:,:footjoy-small:,:cobra-small:

On 1/23/2021 at 1:49 AM, MrFancyPants said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing on and off for the past 15 years. I am a 30.3 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? Everything. Even when i am playing bad, i still love the game. Its real relaxing for me. Esp when you hit that one awesome shot. The shot that keeps you in the game. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Was looking at club reviews and saw MyGolfSpy. Thought i would give it a try.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Slidell, La. I guess my home course would be Royal Golf Course. It is where i play the most. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I would say the best thing about golf in my region is that golf can be played all year round. 

6. What do you do for a living? I am in the Air Force

7. How’d you pick your user name? My daughters used to love My Little Pony's when they were young. On one of the episodes, they had a character and his name was Mr Fancy Pants. and they started calling me that. So it just kinda stuck.

I look forward to talking with everyone. and i hope to learn a ton!

Welcome aboard!

On 1/25/2021 at 1:19 PM, DevilDog29 said:

I'm currently based in Georgia but I accepted a job offer in Dallas. I felt like I should introduce myself to the region of Spies. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been golfing now for 17 years. My father got me started when I was 12, it was always fun the get taken out of school to go golfing with him and his friends. I'm currently a 8.4 handicap however, my scores have been getting better and better since I've been playing more frequently. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love the challenge golf gives me! Having to apply strategy to each hole and relying on only myself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? A buddy of mine shared one of the Instagram posts and I've been following since. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Nomad at the moment. Looking forward to finding a nice, challenging course when I get out there. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I'll let you know when I get to play a season. 

6. What do you do for a living? Facility Manager for a 3rd party logistics company. 

7.  How’d you pick your username? I'm a Marine Veteran and my first football number when I was 7 years old. 

Welcome to DFW. Once you figure out exactly where you'll be, I'm sure there will be plenty of course recommendations.

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

I started when i was young with no lessons, was able to play to a decent handicap with a bad swing.  Gave up golf for 10 years started again and could not even break 100. Started Golftech lessons last year and now have the start of a decent swing and a 14 handicap.  Playing and enjoying golf now more than ever, I can't believe how poor my swing was.....

What i love about golfspy is what i hate about the news... unbiased reporting,,, thank you for that, I trust the opinions here.

Home course is Indian Springs Country Club, I play as often as time allows

I live in Tulsa Oklahoma, and the extreme weather conditions don't allow you to play all the time, but we do have wind, rain, cold, heat and sometimes even good weather....

I own motorcycle dealerships, or they own me....

my spy sig 2.jpg

On 12/8/2020 at 7:51 AM, PMookie said:

I ran down to play Eagle Ridge when LA courses were closed back during the shutdown. Over a two hour drive for me. 
Im always looking for somewhere to play around Jackson, so any recommendations are accepted! I’m over there for work quite often.

Which device company?

Cool.  It's not a bad course, but not the best in the area.  Next time you're up go check out Live Oaks in Clinton.  It's similar to Eagle Ridge in that once you get under the trees there isn't much grass, but their greens!!  Some of the best public greens in the area.  

Precision Spine.  We make implants and instruments for spinal surgery.

:taylormade-small: SIM 9*, HZDRS Green 6.5

:taylormade-small: SIM 15*, Proforce V2 X

:mizuno-small:MP-20 MMC 4-6, MP-20 7-PW, KBS C Taper 130X

:vokey-small: SM8, 50, 55, 60

:scotty-small: Futura 5S

On 11/27/2020 at 3:33 PM, mackied said:

Hello everyone. Joining from Central MS. Have been playing golf off and on for about 30 years. I am currently a member at Live Oaks Country Club and play 2 to 3 times a week. I started back playing this past summer after taking off between 4 and 5 years. Looking forward to learning and sharing with you all

1. How long have you been playing golf? 30 years off and on What’s your handicap or normal score? High 80s to low 90s
  2. What do you love about golf? Being outside and enjoying the scenery

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Been reading articles for years now Do you already know any other Spies? I dont

4. Where are you from? Clinton, MS What is your home course? Live Oaks Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? We can play golf year around. Not really anything bad that I can think of

6. What do you do for a living?  Telecom

7. How’d you pick your user name? Nickname

20201120_092323.jpg

What's up mackied.  Fellow Clintonian here.  Maybe i'll see you around Live Oaks this summer.

:taylormade-small: SIM 9*, HZDRS Green 6.5

:taylormade-small: SIM 15*, Proforce V2 X

:mizuno-small:MP-20 MMC 4-6, MP-20 7-PW, KBS C Taper 130X

:vokey-small: SM8, 50, 55, 60

:scotty-small: Futura 5S

On 1/31/2021 at 11:06 AM, chadsmith said:

I started when i was young with no lessons, was able to play to a decent handicap with a bad swing.  Gave up golf for 10 years started again and could not even break 100. Started Golftech lessons last year and now have the start of a decent swing and a 14 handicap.  Playing and enjoying golf now more than ever, I can't believe how poor my swing was.....

What i love about golfspy is what i hate about the news... unbiased reporting,,, thank you for that, I trust the opinions here.

Home course is Indian Springs Country Club, I play as often as time allows

I live in Tulsa Oklahoma, and the extreme weather conditions don't allow you to play all the time, but we do have wind, rain, cold, heat and sometimes even good weather....

I own motorcycle dealerships, or they own me....

Welcome!  Tulsa has some solid golf.  I usually play one of the muni's near Jenks when I visit my inlaws up there, but heard there was some great golf in Broken Arrow and north of Tulsa as well. Will definitely be up there for the PGA at Southern Hills next year!

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

• 1 month later...

My name is Mark. I live in Oklahoma. Started golf when I was 25. I was very passionate for decades. About 4 years ago my game was in a low spot so I took up fishing on Youtube. Late last year I decided I missed golf and have returned passionate again with a golf Youtube channel(Knucklehead Golf).

Edited by Knucklehead

Knucklehead Golf(YouTube)

1. How long have you been playing golf? Played par 3 courses during college. Decided to buy clubs 6-years ago (for my 30th Birthday) and played more over the last year.
    What’s your handicap or normal score? 17

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge or pursuit of several good hits in a row or going from getting a birdie on a hole to a double bogey the next! 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Being involved in the community, seeing trends and the latest tech, Do you already know any other Spies? NO

4. Where are you from? Currently living in The Woodlands, TX, What is your home course? Augusta Pines & Windrose

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best = Summer almost all year round. Worst = Humidity in the summer

6. What do you do for a living? Mech Engineer

7. How’d you pick your user name? Had it since HS

:titelist-small: TSi3 9* w/ HZRDOUS Smoke 6.0
:callaway-small: Apex21 w/ KBS Tour V S (4-PW)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM8 56/12F, 60/12F 

On 1/27/2021 at 11:43 AM, golfingbrock said:

Welcome to DFW. Once you figure out exactly where you'll be, I'm sure there will be plenty of course recommendations.

Welcome to the DFW area,, plenty go good course to play. Reach out when you are ready we can get out and play.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)

• 2 weeks later...
  1. Hey y’all, I just picked up golfing during the pandemic this past November, 2020 and have been having a great time. I’ve trying to get the handicap down, and it’s hovering around a +10 currently.
  2. I’ve enjoyed getting outdoors, honing the craft of a new sport, and it’s been something fun to do since we’ve just moved to town this past Summer. 

3. I’ve really enjoyed the MyGolfSpy articles and reviews, and have been a bit of a review junkie as I’ve been building my bag. I enjoy the tech and science that goes into each club, ball, and even apparel. Thought I might join the forums!

4. Home Course is Country Club of Jackson, Jackson, MS. Home of the Sanderson Farm Classic!

5. I’m a parish priest in the diocese, whose found golf to be a great point of connection to many.

Looking forward to meeting more Spies out there!

Driver: Cobra Radspeed, 10.5°, HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft 70g 6.0 Stiffness.

Woods/Hybrids: None

Irons: Callaway Mavrik (4-PW)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-4 (52°,56°,60°)

Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach #11

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

49 minutes ago, Father_Mulligan said:

I’m a parish priest in the diocese, whose found golf to be a great point of connection to many.

Welcome to MGS!  We have at least two others on the forum who share your occupation.  So, a 10ish handicap having only recently picked up the game... and here I've been grinding away at it for over 50 years and still can't break into single digits 😐.  Glad to have you on the forum!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Welcome to MGS!  We have at least two others on the forum who share your occupation.  So, a 10ish handicap having only recently picked up the game... and here I've been grinding away at it for over 50 years and still can't break into single digits 😐.  Glad to have you on the forum!

Thanks for sharing that there are a couple more priest out there. I played baseball and football for years, but needed to upgrade to sports where I won’t blow out my knees and can join my parishioners outside. So, golf and tennis have been the new hobbies of the pandemic.

Driver: Cobra Radspeed, 10.5°, HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft 70g 6.0 Stiffness.

Woods/Hybrids: None

Irons: Callaway Mavrik (4-PW)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-4 (52°,56°,60°)

Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach #11

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

• 3 weeks later...

What's up world! 😎

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I'm one of the infamous Covid golfers who picked it up again after being demotivated from failing the high school tryouts! I don't keep a handicap but shoot 88 on an average day.

1. What do you love about golf?

You can never win. The fact that there are 50 billion ways to play the shot in front of me and about 50 billion ways for that shot to go wrong! Those miracle shots happen and when they do, I'll be back. On a more realistic note my legs have never felt better!

1. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Honesty is best policy ! And I definitely didn't take a drop! I don't know any other spies but hey the 7th post ever in this thread is another Albuquerque New Mexican so there it is.

1. Where are you from? What is your home course?

Albuquerque, New Mexico, where the wind doesn't care with the heat you can't bare! You'll find me at Ladera, one of our muni courses because I like to follow my friends. Friends make everything better!

1. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Prices aren't too high, people are nice enough, wind isn't really there, all year golf is very possible, heat is a dread, but hey, you'll probably find your ball in some sand!

1. What do you do for a living?

I'm pretty unemployed and it's pretty great.

1. How’d you pick your user name?

My friends keep joking around saying that this is the name I should enter golf tourneys under, I wonder why?

Edited by StoneyBriggs
BOLDNESS

:bridgestone-small: BSG Cart Bag

:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Driver 10.5 Tour AD 55R

:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Fairway Wood 15 Tour AD 55A

:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Hybrid (3-4) UST Mamiya Recoil 780 ES

:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF1 (6-AW) UST Mamiya Recoil 670

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XW-1 (56-60) N.S Pro Modus Tour105

:bridgestone-small: True Balance TD-01 SuperStroke Traxion Tour 1.0

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RX

27 minutes ago, StoneyBriggs said:

What's up world! 😎

I'm one of the infamous Covid golfers who picked it up again after being demotivated from failing the high school tryouts! I don't keep a handicap but shoot 88 on an average day.

1. What do you love about golf?

You can never win. The fact that there are 50 billion ways to play the shot in front of me and about 50 billion ways for that shot to go wrong! Those miracle shots happen and when they do, I'll be back. On a more realistic note my legs have never felt better!

1. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Honesty is best policy ! And I definitely didn't take a drop! I don't know any other spies but hey the 7th post ever in this thread is another Albuquerque New Mexican so there it is.

1. Where are you from? What is your home course?

Albuquerque, New Mexico, where the wind doesn't care with the heat you can't bare! You'll find me at Ladera, one of our muni courses because I like to follow my friends. Friends make everything better!

1. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Prices aren't too high, people are nice enough, wind isn't really there, all year golf is very possible, heat is a dread, but hey, you'll probably find your ball in some sand!

1. What do you do for a living?

I'm pretty unemployed and it's pretty great.

1. How’d you pick your user name?

My friends keep joking around saying that this is the name I should enter golf tourneys under, I wonder why?

Welcome!!!!

42 minutes ago, PoBear8412 said:

Checking in from Oklahoma. Don’t post often but thought I’d drop in and say Hi. Enjoy the content. 

Welcome! Great group here, so feel free to find a thread or two. We have everything from golf, to cooking, to cigars, to adult beverages, etc!!!

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Welcome! Great group here, so feel free to find a thread or two. We have everything from golf, to cooking, to cigars, to adult beverages, etc!!!

Where's the cooking thread? I just got a blackstone and now I'm better at cooking than golf 

7 minutes ago, golfingbrock said:

Where's the cooking thread? I just got a blackstone and now I'm better at cooking than golf 

Using the search function is the easiest way to find a thread, and also double-check that you’re not starting a duplicate thread at some point.

You can search by title of a thread, key words, all words, etc.

Hello!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started playing golf in 8th grade in Amarillo. My first round was at Ross Rogers Golf Course. My current handicap is 13.0.

2. What do you love about golf? Playing with family and friends. Not worrying about anything else except the next shot.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Been following articles for years and decided to join the forum. A know a few other spys.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Dallas. I mostly play Tenison Park, Stevens Park, Texas Star and Bridlewood. Me and my golf buddies try to discover a new course when ever we can.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Abundance and variety of courses and you can play year round.

6. What do you do for a living? Software Development

7. How’d you pick your user name? What I normally use.

Taylormade SLDR Driver 10.5 & SLDR 3 wood

Cleveland Gliderail Classic 4 hybrid

Cleveland 4-PW 588 TT Irons

Cleveland 50, 56, 60 588 RTX Wedges

Ping Sigma 2 Anser Platinum

Snell MTB Black

GolfBuddy GB Laser 1S

55 minutes ago, RickC said:

Hello!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started playing golf in 8th grade in Amarillo. My first round was at Ross Rogers Golf Course. My current handicap is 13.0.

2. What do you love about golf? Playing with family and friends. Not worrying about anything else except the next shot.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Been following articles for years and decided to join the forum. A know a few other spys.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Dallas. I mostly play Tenison Park, Stevens Park, Texas Star and Bridlewood. Me and my golf buddies try to discover a new course when ever we can.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Abundance and variety of courses and you can play year round.

Welcome @RickC . If you want to get around the DFW area, Holla, have clubs will travel, I think I have played almost all of the public course in DFW by now.'

1. How long have you been playing golf? Not very long, overall 3 or 4 years. With long gaps.
    What’s your handicap or normal score? Oh probably a 27 . 

2. What do you love about golf? The  scenery, the feeling  of a ball well struck , The occasional Par !

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?   Enjoy forums in general.

4. Do you already know any other Spies? Not that I know of.

5. Where are you from?   North  of McKinney Tx.

6. is your home course?  I would say Stone Creek in Sherman. 

7. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? It’s a Golf Mecca !

8. What do you do for a living?  Semiconductor Wafer Test

9. How’d you pick your user name? I am 1/4 Scottish 

On 4/30/2021 at 11:09 AM, RickC said:

Hello!

Hi Rick! I grew up in Amarillo too, and played tons of rounds at Ross Rogers.  Finally got back a month ago and played the renovated Mustang Course(formerly the East course).  Trey Kemp, who did the redesign and is also from Amarillo, also did Stevens, Rockwood (my home), Rangers, Squaw Creek, Squaw Valley and others in Texas.  Tons of good public golf in the area!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself a bit. New to MGS but been around golf a good while. I was born and raised in Texas, but was fortunate enough to do some traveling for work a few years back and got to play in quite a few different states. With work and life in general being super busy the last few years I have not been playing as much as I would like, but made a commitment that I would change that! Played a few times this year shooting in the high 80s as an average. Treated myself to a new driver (Mavrik) and some new irons (Launcher UHX) recently and am excited to get in some more rounds!

• Been playing about 15 years, current handicap is about 14-15 (working on getting it back to my high school days though)

2. What do you love about golf?

• I love being able to spend time outdoors, be active, spend time with friends, and the challenges that each round/hole presents

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Have been looking to get back into playing more this year and stumbled across the site and lots of great info 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

• From San Antonio, Texas. Don't have an official home course, but typically play either Silverhorn or the Quarry

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Best: Able to play almost all year! 

• Worst: Triple digits in the summer.....

6. What do you do for a living?

• I oversee a new restaurant training program for a large regional chain.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

• Nickname from highschool!

We need to set up an outing somewhere and get some folks together 

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

On 5/14/2021 at 9:33 AM, loostercc said:

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself a bit. New to MGS but been around golf a good while. I was born and raised in Texas, but was fortunate enough to do some traveling for work a few years back and got to play in quite a few different states. With work and life in general being super busy the last few years I have not been playing as much as I would like, but made a commitment that I would change that! Played a few times this year shooting in the high 80s as an average. Treated myself to a new driver (Mavrik) and some new irons (Launcher UHX) recently and am excited to get in some more rounds!

• Been playing about 15 years, current handicap is about 14-15 (working on getting it back to my high school days though)

2. What do you love about golf?

• I love being able to spend time outdoors, be active, spend time with friends, and the challenges that each round/hole presents

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Have been looking to get back into playing more this year and stumbled across the site and lots of great info 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

• From San Antonio, Texas. Don't have an official home course, but typically play either Silverhorn or the Quarry

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Best: Able to play almost all year! 

• Worst: Triple digits in the summer.....

6. What do you do for a living?

• I oversee a new restaurant training program for a large regional chain.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

• Nickname from highschool!

Ahh. The Quarry. I really like that course! That back 9 can get SUPER hot on the triple-digit temp days!!!

5EB89FE6-4942-4ED3-87C4-1627F6AF0542.jpeg

19 minutes ago, TBT said:

We need to set up an outing somewhere and get some folks together 

I’m in! Very large geographical area, though.... Texas alone!