Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
GolfSpy MPR

South Central: NM, OK, AR, TX, LA, MS

MGS New Member Introduction: South Central Region

New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. How long have you been playing golf? Started in my late 20s when I moved to Cali,
    What’s your handicap or normal score? 9.0

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge of you and the course, competition.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Seen what out there, getting feed back from other golf enthusiast have to say and recommend, Do you already know any other Spies? NO

4. Where are you from? Currently living in Dallas, TX, What is your home course? Firewheel Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Weather

6. What do you do for a living? IT 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Had it since HS

• Like 3

I’ve been on MGS for years, but I’ll introduce myself again here.

I’ve been playing since I was 8 or 9. My Dad was a HS golf coach, so I started when he took me to practices.

I’m a 6 GHIN, currently.

What I love about golf is being outside, and the challenge each course presents.

I came to MGS to see “Spy pics” of gear. I stayed for the folks in the forums!

I knew JLukes from our trip to Callaway back in 12/2013. It was a trip sponsored by another website.

I grew-up in Michigan, but have lived in Louisiana since 1995.

My home course would technically be Chennault Park GC.

I like being able to play most of the year, but I’m not a fan of all of the heat in the summer, rain in winter, and mosquitoes!!!

I’m a sales rep for a medical device company.

I use the same name on another website, so just use it here too.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Greetings everyone. I'm from West Texas and known around the forum as Plaid. My full forum ID is Plaidjacket. Some people say I resemble Sam. LOL Not the swing mind you. I chose my name because I like the tournaments of old when champions would get fitted (yes we like fitting around here) into a Plaid Jacket while accepting the trophy and holding up their GIANT $35,000 check for everyone to see. Of course I think Colonial and Harbor Town still haul out the plaid jacket. I've been playing golf since about age 10 when my Dad bought the family some clubs from Sears. I currently carry a 5 Hcp. but under my avatar/photo you'll see 64. That's my true hcp. as I turned 64 just recently. I'm evolved in the Oil & Gas business and banking to some extent. This is a great golf forum if you enjoy learning new stuff, making virtual friends (and sometimes even meeting a few), and yapping about all things golf.

• Like 1

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

9  years . Currently at 7 handicap. 77-83

What do you love about golf?

The wisdom the game offers. The feel of the perfect shot. the culmination of practice and it comes to fruition the course. Should I continue! lol

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I used to visit MyGolfSpy just to read the articles and watch videos, however, my love for the game brings me to the forum to talk with other avid golfers who share the same love I do.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Dallas area, Mansfield National

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Worst: Dormant grass in the fall and winter. Best: Number of courses in the region

What do you do for a living?

Teacher/Coach & Realtor 

How’d you pick your user name?

Since my first love is football, and I've played football my entire life, the name combines my two loves