Jump to content

South Central: NM, OK, AR, TX, LA, MS


GolfSpy MPR

Recommended Posts

@choldread @Michael1975 @KDM0716 @Big Cheddar, welcome aboard.  

  • Love 1

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

              Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I grew up golfing thanks to my dad who taught us early and got us involved with junior golf programs. Playing to a 6.4 handicap right now, but who knows where that's going to end up before winter hits!

  2. What do you love about golf? I would call it a love/hate, but I enjoy the competition against yourself and the course. I think golf is one of the more unique sports where you're trying to beat everyone else out there, but really you're trying to beat your expectations for yourself. I also love being able to get out there with good friends and root each other on and just enjoy being away from phones, TVs, computers, etc.

  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know any other spies, but I've followed the content for a while now. Really enjoy reading the reviews and the data that goes behind them because I'm also a golf nerd. 

  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Pittsburgh and grew up playing a Gary Player designed course, Diamond Run. Now that I live in Dallas, I try to golf all over the DFW area. Stevens Park could be considered my "home course."

  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is definitely the weather and the ability to play year 'round. Coming from the northern half of the States, this is quite the welcome change. On the negative side, and something I really miss about golfing up north, is the lack of trees/elevation. You can get some of that here, but it's nothing like the golf in PA, OH, MI, WI, etc.

  6. What do you do for a living? Sales for a military broker. 

  7. How’d you pick your user name? This has been my gamertag, Twitter handle, etc. forever so why not keep it going. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@That_Nigam welcome to the forums!  

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

              Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

welcome @That_Nigam! And especially welcome to a spy in the DFW... although I live in Fort Worth I do enjoy Stevens park and the view of the Dallas skyline... it would be nice if we could get a group of local spies and maybe play a scramble there or something... also since your from Pitt I assume your a Steelers fan 😞 but I do love me some Yenungling...

 

welcome!!!

  • Like 1

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New here. Didn't know Golfspy had a forum.

I always thought it was like a magazine, or a blog.

Golf WRX is a favorite of mine, because they are friendly and informative.

A couple of other sites won't welcome you unless you are part of their little group.

I have been playing golf around 25 years, a 14 handicap.

Western Arkansas area.

Thanks for letting me join.

  • Like 5

Always chasing different clubs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2020 at 11:03 AM, Manimal26 said:

welcome @That_Nigam! And especially welcome to a spy in the DFW... although I live in Fort Worth I do enjoy Stevens park and the view of the Dallas skyline... it would be nice if we could get a group of local spies and maybe play a scramble there or something... also since your from Pitt I assume your a Steelers fan 😞 but I do love me some Yenungling...

 

welcome!!!

I like Stevens.  Only played it once so far.  Rockwood is still my favorite.  Wide open, and views of a much superior city in my opinion 😂

  • Like 1

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, golfingbrock said:

I like Stevens.  Only played it once so far.  Rockwood is still my favorite.  Wide open, and views of a much superior city in my opinion 😂

@That_Nigam and @golfingbrock we need one more and we can get a round together!

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Everyone, 

Just recently joined up and am going thru the motions getting settled in here.  So....here we go

  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been around golf now for 30 years, but took a 20 year hiatus raising a family and doing what needed to be done with that.  Both my boys are now in College and thriving, so time to pick it back up and remember how to swing a club.  No handicap yet, working on it, but am shooting in the mid-20's right now (only been back at it for 3 months) but hoping for the teens. 

  2. What do you love about golf? The ability to just play against yourself, but also being able to meet new people out there when you get grouped up. 

  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Was doing a lot of research on equipment and technical stuff and came across the site.  Seemed like a good place to land.  Haven't been here long enough to find any local spies, but I'm guessing they'll be showing themselves soon LOL

  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Albuquerque NM / Arroyo del Oso

  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 300+ days of golf / 65 days we can't play

  6. What do you do for a living? Accounting duties for a Machining / Tooling Distributor

  7. How’d you pick your user name? I am an active trumpet player of 45+ years and my favorite horn at the time was a Bach Stradivarius Model 43, and it was...yes Silver (still is actually), thus Silverhorn43

Looking forward to joining in and picking up tips and info from the long timers in here.  

Hope to see you roaming the fairways

 

Edited by Silverhorn43
  • Like 2

Krank 10.5+ and 14d Driver

Wishon Single Length 6-AW w/ Veylix Alpina shafts

Wishon 929 4w/Acer 7w / 11w w/ LAGP Reign Silver Shafts

Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 54d / Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 58d 

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

Bag Boy Nitron Cart

Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

State Director  (NM)  Bugles Across America - Proudly and Humbly Sounding Live Taps for our Nations Hero's. 

NMDVS Military Honors Patch Email.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Silverhorn43 said:

Hey Everyone, 

Just recently joined up and am going thru the motions getting settled in here.  So....here we go

  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been around golf now for 30 years, but took a 20 year hiatus raising a family and doing what needed to be done with that.  Both my boys are now in College and thriving, so time to pick it back up and remember how to swing a club.  No handicap yet, working on it, but am shooting in the mid-20's right now (only been back at it for 3 months) but hoping for the teens. 

  2. What do you love about golf? The ability to just play against yourself, but also being able to meet new people out there when you get grouped up. 

  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Was doing a lot of research on equipment and technical stuff and came across the site.  Seemed like a good place to land.  Haven't been here long enough to find any local spies, but I'm guessing they'll be showing themselves soon LOL

  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Albuquerque NM / Arroyo del Oso

  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 300+ days of golf / 65 days we can't play

  6. What do you do for a living? Accounting duties for a Machining / Tooling Distributor

  7. How’d you pick your user name? I am an active trumpet player of 45+ years and my favorite horn at the time was a Bach Stradivarius Model 43, and it was...yes Silver (still is actually), thus Silverhorn43

Looking forward to joining in and picking up tips and info from the long timers in here.  

Hope to see you roaming the fairways

 

Welcome! That is super cool you play the trumpet, and this is a great place!

  • Like 1

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Manimal26 said:

Welcome! That is super cool you play the trumpet, and this is a great place!

Thanks Manimal26!  It's a God-Given talent I truly love.  It's similar to golf, once you think you got it figured out and your pretty good, she's a cruel mistress that will humble you like noob. 

 

  • Like 1

Krank 10.5+ and 14d Driver

Wishon Single Length 6-AW w/ Veylix Alpina shafts

Wishon 929 4w/Acer 7w / 11w w/ LAGP Reign Silver Shafts

Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 54d / Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 58d 

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

Bag Boy Nitron Cart

Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

State Director  (NM)  Bugles Across America - Proudly and Humbly Sounding Live Taps for our Nations Hero's. 

NMDVS Military Honors Patch Email.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Everyone,

I play at Lake Caroline Golf Club in Madison, Mississippi. I currently float a 10.7 GHIN and try to play at least three times a week and go to the range twice a week.  I would love to meet some fellow avid golfers in my area.

Enjoy the Birdies,

Dan

  • Like 3

D5D8956E-F382-4591-917E-896D3F57D302.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing golf since I was 7 years old.  My grandfather was into the game and worked for a local Junior College with its own golf course.  He would take me out on his days off to play with him.  I ended up having a successful golf career playing for that Junior College and then at a 4 year university.  My handicap right now is probably around 3.5ish.  Don't have an official handicap right now.

  2. What do you love about golf?  I love the values and character the game teaches.  You have to be honest with yourself and playing competitors.  No other sport allows you or forces you to call a penalty on yourself.

  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Finally ordered a new set from what I had in college.  Ran across the page and forums looking at reviews.  My new clubs are on the way and my setup is in my signature.

  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Born and raised just south of Jackson, MS.  Now live just west of Jackson in Clinton, MS.  I play most of my golf at Eagle Ridge Golf Course in Raymond, and Live Oaks Golf Course in Clinton.

  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the length of our season.  Worst is the amount of rainfall we can get at times.

  6. What do you do for a living? I work for a medical device manufacturer.

  7. How’d you pick your user name? It's what I always use.

  • Like 1

:taylormade-small: SIM 9*, HZDRS Green 6.5

:taylormade-small: SIM 15*, Proforce V2 X

 :mizuno-small:MP-20 MMC 4-6, MP-20 7-PW, KBS C Taper 130X

:vokey-small: SM8, 50, 55, 60

:scotty-small: Futura 5S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mornin' Y'all! Finally diving in here and trying to find folk to shoot the sh*t with and share ideas.  

  1. How long have you been playing golf? Playing Regularly about a year and a half now.

  2. What’s your handicap or normal score? I'm batting a highly mediocre 92 on Average. Been flirting with the 80's a lot recently. Hoping to break that barrier and stay there soon. 

  3. What do you love about golf? I love that you can play your way. The game allows you to play in your viewpoint and to your style. It's very individualistic. 

  4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The information is what drawas me here.

  5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Im PLaying out of Celin, Tx and i really dont have a home course but I spend a majority of my time at the Trails of Frisco. 

  6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather. Its great and it sucks but i wouldn't live anywhere else. Cold beer is good on the course at any time of year. 

  7. What do you do for a living? Im in sports medicine for high school athletics, i.e. an Athletic Trainer.

  8. How’d you pick your user name? It's what the kids call me! 

Edited by CoachTut
  • Like 2

“Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. “ - Gen Patton

Playing out of  Celina, Tx with a mediocre 92 average.....Coach!

Ping G410 Plus - 10.5* Alta CB 55 Stiff

Callaway Mavriks 4-AW TT-X100

Nike SV 52* TT-S400

Taylormade Hit Toe 56* KB-2.0 Hi Rev

Taylormade Spider X Tour - all black

Trophy Hunter RealTree Camo Bag

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello all, I am new to this so here it goes -

1. How long have you been playing golf? 35 yrs.
2.What’s your handicap or normal score? 8.7
3. What do you love about golf?  The feeling of a perfect hit and having no clue how you did it or how to repeat it. 
4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Product reviews and testing
5. Do you already know any other Spies? Nope. 
6. Where are you from? From New Orleans, Louisiana - live in Houston, TX
7. What is your home course? Memorial Park Golf Course
8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? If it ain't the heat, its the humidity.
9. What do you do for a living? Putting kids in the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them.
10. How’d you pick your user name? Hero name.

Edited by Elihu Smails
spell correction
  • Like 2

Elihu Smails, JD

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 9 Deg & P790's 4-AW

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash 15 Deg & Apex 20 Deg    

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 54/58

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach Soft 10.5

:Snell: MTB-X & Vice Pro

:ping-small: Hoofer

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Just joined after looking around the main website and found the forum lol.

  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Playing for 15 years, shoot anywhere from 12-50 depending on the day lol.

  2. What do you love about golf? Love the time away from everything. Until I tee off and slice it.

  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Found the forum after all these years.

  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Houston. No home course any longer since the rates all went up.

  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Slow play.

  6. What do you do for a living? Minion work.

  7. How’d you pick your user name? <insert random reason>

  • Like 1

Driver: TM anything lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

 

Hello everyone. Joining from Central MS. Have been playing golf off and on for about 30 years. I am currently a member at Live Oaks Country Club and play 2 to 3 times a week. I started back playing this past summer after taking off between 4 and 5 years. Looking forward to learning and sharing with you all

  1. How long have you been playing golf? 30 years off and on What’s your handicap or normal score? High 80s to low 90s
  2. What do you love about golf? Being outside and enjoying the scenery

  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Been reading articles for years now Do you already know any other Spies? I dont

  4. Where are you from? Clinton, MS What is your home course? Live Oaks Golf Course

  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? We can play golf year around. Not really anything bad that I can think of

  6. What do you do for a living?  Telecom

  7. How’d you pick your user name? Nickname

20201120_092323.jpg

  • Like 1

Love God, Family and Country

:taylormade-small: SIM MAX Driver, 10.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R

:taylormade-small: SIM MAX2 3 wood, 15 degree, Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R

:taylormade-small: SIM MAX2 3 Hybrid, 19 degree, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R

:cobra-small: KING Utility 3 iron, KBS Taper$-R

:callaway-small: Apex 21, 4-pw, Elevate 95-R

:callaway-small: MD5 Jaws Tour Grey, 50,56, PM grind tour grey, 60

:taylormade-small:Spider X 33”

:ping-small: Ping Hoofer 

:titelist-small: PRO-V1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!  I've been using MyGolfSpy for years for equipment suggestions/reviews (just to look at mostly), but am new to the forums.  I'm typically more of a lurker, but want to come out of hiding!

  1. I started "playing" when I was 12, but it was really just going to the range with my Dad and trying to hit golf balls every couple of weeks.  My first time on the course didn't come until I was 20!  I started trying to actually get better at the game within the last 2 years.  I usually shoot in the high 90s to low 100s at my local course.
  2. I just love getting out there and challenging myself to play better.  It's a great way to get outside, exercise,  and spend time with friends.  It's also a great way to test your mental fortitude. 
  3. I've been using MyGolfSpy for equipment reviews and product reviews for a long time now.  I don't have the disposable income to be constantly replacing my equipment, so I live vicariously through all of you!
  4. I live in Rockwall, TX and most frequently play at Buffalo Creek Golf Club.
  5. The best thing about golfing in Texas is that I can play all 12 months of the year!  The worst thing has to be the summer heat that makes afternoon rounds almost impossible for 2-3 months of the year.
  6. I work as an Engineer for a living.
  7. My username comes from an inside joke with my friends/family!  I've been using it for way longer than I've been golfing!
  • Like 2

:nike-small: VRS Covert, 10.5*, Mitsubishi Rayon 50G S
:nike-small:VRS Covert 3-Wood, Mitsubishi Rayon 60G S
:nike-small: 3-PW VR Pro Combo Irons, True Temper S300
:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 52*, 56*, 60* (10* bounce on all), True Temper Spinner Tour Issue
:nike-small: Method Origin B2-01
:Snell: MTB-X

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mastermezz said:

Hey everyone!  I've been using MyGolfSpy for years for equipment suggestions/reviews (just to look at mostly), but am new to the forums.  I'm typically more of a lurker, but want to come out of hiding!

  1. I started "playing" when I was 12, but it was really just going to the range with my Dad and trying to hit golf balls every couple of weeks.  My first time on the course didn't come until I was 20!  I started trying to actually get better at the game within the last 2 years.  I usually shoot in the high 90s to low 100s at my local course.
  2. I just love getting out there and challenging myself to play better.  It's a great way to get outside, exercise,  and spend time with friends.  It's also a great way to test your mental fortitude. 
  3. I've been using MyGolfSpy for equipment reviews and product reviews for a long time now.  I don't have the disposable income to be constantly replacing my equipment, so I live vicariously through all of you!
  4. I live in Rockwall, TX and most frequently play at Buffalo Creek Golf Club.
  5. The best thing about golfing in Texas is that I can play all 12 months of the year!  The worst thing has to be the summer heat that makes afternoon rounds almost impossible for 2-3 months of the year.
  6. I work as an Engineer for a living.
  7. My username comes from an inside joke with my friends/family!  I've been using it for way longer than I've been golfing!

Thanks for not lurkeing anymore! Buffalo creek is a great track! very challenging I play it from time to time!

  • Like 1

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Manimal26 said:

Thanks for not lurkeing anymore! Buffalo creek is a great track! very challenging I play it from time to time!

Good to be here!  I really do love their layout, but that 6th hole is ruthless.

  • Like 1

:nike-small: VRS Covert, 10.5*, Mitsubishi Rayon 50G S
:nike-small:VRS Covert 3-Wood, Mitsubishi Rayon 60G S
:nike-small: 3-PW VR Pro Combo Irons, True Temper S300
:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 52*, 56*, 60* (10* bounce on all), True Temper Spinner Tour Issue
:nike-small: Method Origin B2-01
:Snell: MTB-X

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, mastermezz said:

Good to be here!  I really do love their layout, but that 6th hole is ruthless.

Its well kept... the US open qualifier was there a few years back... Is 6 that almost 500 yard par 4? Id have to go back and look... If I remember its 7,100 yards par 71... is it the same?

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...