TESTERS WANTED! ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

3 hours ago, diamonda said:

Hey everyone I'm Austin just moved to North Central WA from the wet Puget Sound. 

• Been playing golf for about 15 years off and on. Never played to seriously and this will be my first full season back after a 5 year hiatus.
  • Home course this year is still up in the air most likely Highlander or Three Lakes. Always happy to play with new people since I mostly play as a single. 

Hello, hope you like Wenatchee. I end up there quite often. 

I'll add you to the chain for the golf outing, looking more and more like Bend in late April or early May. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

@Thin2win That sounds like a great trip. I hope I can make it work. Thank you. 

• Lefty 🤙
  • Driver - Cobra F8+ with a stock Aldila stiff shaft that is not working 😂.
  • 3 Wood - M4 stock Fujikura Atmos stiff shaft.
  • Irons - Taylormade R7 TP Dynamic Gold S300.
  • 52 - Cleveland RTX-3 bounce is 10.
  • 56 - Cleveland RTX-4 bounce is 12.
  • 60 - Cleveland RTX-3 bounce is 9.
  • Putter - Odyssey O Works 2 Ball Fang.

Welcome. I play in the Wenatchee area alot also.. regarding your two course choices, If I may, by the players card at which course you choose. They both have them.. me and the misses get ours for Highlander. I like the course, it's almost always in great shape the staff is incredible. And it has amazing views. Play both before deciding. . And again welcome to our site.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

John here.  I live in Seattle.  I wish I could play more than I do, but if I can get out every other month I'm lucky...2 year old daughter keeps me busy.  Most of the times I get to play are on trips we take...Hawaii, Bend, Carmel Valley, etc.

I like to get out and play golf for the challenge.  It is just me and the course.  I am my own enemy most of the time.

I like to hang out on the MGS site to see in depth testing and recommendations on equipment.  I don't upgrade a lot, but when I do I like to be informed.

Edited by chipyips
updating to include more detail

Taylormade Original One Mini, 13.4 deg, Reg Shaft

Taylormade Sim Draw 5-Wood

Taylormade M4 4-Hybrid

Taylormade P790 Irons (5i-AW)

Cleveland 3.0 C Wedge

Cleveland CBX2 54 Deg

Cleveland 3.0 S Wedge

Odyssey EXO Indianapolis Putter

37 minutes ago, chipyips said:

John here.  I live in Seattle.  I wish I could play more than I do, but if I can get out every other month I'm lucky...2 year old daughter keeps me busy.  Most of the times I get to play are on trips we take...Hawaii, Bend, Carmel Valley, etc.

I like to get out and play golf for the challenge.  It is just me and the course.  I am my own enemy most of the time.

I like to hang out on the MGS site to see in depth testing and recommendations on equipment.  I don't upgrade a lot, but when I do I like to be informed.

Welcome John!  Glad you joined us.  Seems like we are getting more golfers from the Seattle area.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Been playing golf almost 50 years. My index or whatever they call it now is 16.3, I have been as low as a 9 B.K. (before kids). MyGolfSpy popped up on facebook one day so I hit the story and followed it here. Do I know any Golf Spies, not sure but I'm guessing I might. I live in Richland, Wa. and play most of my golf at Sun Willows in Pasco. Best thing about golf around here is the weather. The worst? I don't know what happened but 5 years ago you could go out at 3 or 4 PM and not have to worry about pace of play or easily getting 27 or more holes in. Its getting tough to do now. I work at a nuclear clean up site for now but I think I'll be probably be playing a lot more golf by spring of 21 if not sooner;) My nickname is just a play off an old nickname I've had for a long time.

Driver-Ping G400 9° S shaft

3-wood-Ping G400 SFT 16° S shaft

5-wood-Ping TISI Tec 17° S shaft

5-SW Ping G400 Black R shaft

W2 Ping Nickel ISI 49.5°

Odyssey 2ball LH

17 minutes ago, Vspin1 said:

Been playing golf almost 50 years. My index or whatever they call it now is 16.3, I have been as low as a 9 B.K. (before kids). 

Welcome to the forums. @Kenny Bis right there next to you as well as a few others. 

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

1 hour ago, Vspin1 said:

Been playing golf almost 50 years. My index or whatever they call it now is 16.3, I have been as low as a 9 B.K. (before kids). MyGolfSpy popped up on facebook one day so I hit the story and followed it here. Do I know any Golf Spies, not sure but I'm guessing I might. I live in Richland, Wa. and play most of my golf at Sun Willows in Pasco. Best thing about golf around here is the weather. The worst? I don't know what happened but 5 years ago you could go out at 3 or 4 PM and not have to worry about pace of play or easily getting 27 or more holes in. Its getting tough to do now. I work at a nuclear clean up site for now but I think I'll be probably be playing a lot more golf by spring of 21 if not sooner;) My nickname is just a play off an old nickname I've had for a long time.

Welcome to the forum.  We're planning the 2nd annual NW MGS Meet-up this summer. Let us know if you're interested.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, Vspin1 said:

Well welcome neighbor!!!  I retired in 2015 and play at Columbia Point.  It's been about a year since I played Sun Willows... I should do it more as I get 1/2 off there with my CP membership.

Let's get together for a round one of these days.  My wife plays too, so you would have to bring a friend.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 2/13/2020 at 8:35 PM, Kenny B said:

Well welcome neighbor!!!  I retired in 2015 and play at Columbia Point.  It's been about a year since I played Sun Willows... I should do it more as I get 1/2 off there with my CP membership.

Let's get together for a round one of these days.  My wife plays too, so you would have to bring a friend.

Thanks, I play Point a bit too. I know a lot of people there and play gangsome once in a while. I get frequent player cards to both and joined both men's clubs. I play in the Wednesday night HERO league at Point. Still have some credit there from pro-ams with Joe quite a few years ago.

a b

W2 Ping Nickel ISI 49.5°

Odyssey 2ball LH

7 hours ago, Vspin1 said:

Thanks, I play Point a bit too. I know a lot of people there and play gangsome once in a while. I get frequent player cards to both and joined both men's clubs. I play in the Wednesday night HERO league at Point. Still have some credit there from pro-ams with Joe quite a few years ago.

a b

Well, we've probably seen each other.  I don't play in the gangsome.  My wife was still working until this year, and she only got to play 18 holes on the weekend, so I play with her.  I play a few other times during the week, but mostly practice.

Good evening. 

I'm 38 and I've been playing golf for as long as I can remember. Started hitting whiffle balls in the back yard and never stopped. 

What I love most is the smell of a golf course on a late summer afternoon and the feeling of striping a long iron. 

I don't believe I know any other Spies. No Putts Given is what brought me here. I'm hooked. 

I live in Oregon City and belong to Willamette Valley Country Club. We have reciprocal at Rainier and Sandpoint in Seattle, I would love to find a couple people to play with when I travel up that way for business. 

The best thing about golf in Oregon is absolutely the summers. I've played golf all over the country, nothing compares. 

I own a packaging supply company and I'm willing to trade rounds of golf at my club for anyone who wants to buy boxes, tape, stretch wrap or any other packaging supplies. No shame here, small business is hard, I'll take it anyway I can get it!

My wife used to call me casanova when I'd put on the moves and eventually it turned into Tysonova (my first name is Tyson). 

Excited to meet some of you!

Edited by Tysonova

Welcome to the forum Tysonova .... you also have a reciprocal with my club here in Medford .... Rogue Valley Country Club.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

21 minutes ago, Tysonova said:

We do! It's a really good track. Have you been up to play WVCC?

No, I don't get up there very often.  I keep thinking about doing a "reciprocal trip" with some guys and do the circuit, but so far it hasn't happened.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

Welcome @Tysonova, and @Vspin1 I live just north east of Seattle.. Play mostly north of Seattle and Central Washington.. Welcome Again..

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 9:40 PM, Tysonova said:

Good evening. 

I'm 38 and I've been playing golf for as long as I can remember. Started hitting whiffle balls in the back yard and never stopped. 

What I love most is the smell of a golf course on a late summer afternoon and the feeling of striping a long iron. 

I don't believe I know any other Spies. No Putts Given is what brought me here. I'm hooked. 

I live in Oregon City and belong to Willamette Valley Country Club. We have reciprocal at Rainier and Sandpoint in Seattle, I would love to find a couple people to play with when I travel up that way for business. 

The best thing about golf in Oregon is absolutely the summers. I've played golf all over the country, nothing compares. 

I own a packaging supply company and I'm willing to trade rounds of golf at my club for anyone who wants to buy boxes, tape, stretch wrap or any other packaging supplies. No shame here, small business is hard, I'll take it anyway I can get it!

My wife used to call me casanova when I'd put on the moves and eventually it turned into Tysonova (my first name is Tyson). 

Excited to meet some of you!

Wish I had the need for packing supplies.  Welcome from Keizer.  I hear Willamette has the best greens in the state?  Arrowhead has the best from what I've played so far. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

On 2/15/2020 at 9:40 PM, Tysonova said:

Good evening. 

Welcome to the MGS forums. @fixyurdivot and I are setting up a golf event for forum members down in Bend June 25th-27th. For 3 days of golfing and adventure. 

Let us know if you would like to participate. Cheers. 

WITB:

3 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Wish I had the need for packing supplies.  Welcome from Keizer.  I hear Willamette has the best greens in the state?  Arrowhead has the best from what I've played so far. 

I actually used to be a golf professional at Arrowhead quite awhile ago. It's a hidden gem. Especially in the summer, our greens at WVCC are pretty good. The biggest thing is they're all fair. Clubs like Waverly and Portland have great greens, but they're still original designs from back when a 7 on the meter was fast. At 11 or 12 they're almost unplayable at times. 

1 hour ago, Tysonova said:

I actually used to be a golf professional at Arrowhead quite awhile ago. It's a hidden gem. Especially in the summer, our greens at WVCC are pretty good. The biggest thing is they're all fair. Clubs like Waverly and Portland have great greens, but they're still original designs from back when a 7 on the meter was fast. At 11 or 12 they're almost unplayable at times. 

Arrowhead is really a bargain.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Truth. Those greens would be so much more fun at 7 or 8. Especially Waverley.

Sent from OregonMyGolfSpy

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

53 minutes ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Truth. Those greens would be so much more fun at 7 or 8. Especially Waverley.

I played in the Oregon AM last year at Portland, on the second day of match play the pin was in the middle of the green on 6 and the guy I was playing hit it about 7' long. He missed it on the right edge barely moving and it rolled off the front edge. I absolutely love that course, but that's just brutal. 

I've watched people 4 putt #3 at Waverly multiple times too. 

On 2/15/2020 at 5:34 AM, Kenny B said:

Well, we've probably seen each other.  I don't play in the gangsome.  My wife was still working until this year, and she only got to play 18 holes on the weekend, so I play with her.  I play a few other times during the week, but mostly practice.

If ya played out at West with Arey I'm sure we've  seen each other. Bought a 5 yr. membership as soon as Rod got it. Played there all the time while he was still alive. Haven't played out there since the Leon Parnell tourney in 18 and not sure how long before that. Played Pro-ams with Rod, Larry, Marc and Danny as our pros. Man that's a lot of pros to play with from one course. Sean was a year behind me in school.

W2 Ping Nickel ISI 49.5°

Odyssey 2ball LH

1 minute ago, Vspin1 said:

If ya played out at West with Arey I'm sure we've  seen each other. Bought a 5 yr. membership as soon as Rod got it. Played there all the time while he was still alive. Haven't played out there since the Leon Parnell tourney in 18 and not sure how long before that. Played Pro-ams with Rod, Larry, Marc and Danny as our pros. Man that's a lot of pros to play with from one course. Sean was a year behind me in school.

Yep!  I'd probably recognize you!  I played pro-ams with all of them except Marc.  Yeah, I played with all the Parnells.  Leon's G-son, Quentin is now at Walla Walla CC.  Danny was my first teacher.  I was awful then!!  Jeff told me once that I had "hands of stone" chipping and putting.  I left West when Jeff started Buckskin, then I moved to Columbia Point in 2015.  I still play occasionally at West with Danny.

21 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Yep!  I'd probably recognize you!  I played pro-ams with all of them except Marc.  Yeah, I played with all the Parnells.  Leon's G-son, Quentin is now at Walla Walla CC.  Danny was my first teacher.  I was awful then!!  Jeff told me once that I had "hands of stone" chipping and putting.  I left West when Jeff started Buckskin, then I moved to Columbia Point in 2015.  I still play occasionally at West with Danny.

Played with Marc, Mike, Quinton, Garcia, Eliason, Gottsch and some others at Blackrock Monday.

W2 Ping Nickel ISI 49.5°

Odyssey 2ball LH

I played in the Oregon AM last year at Portland, on the second day of match play the pin was in the middle of the green on 6 and the guy I was playing hit it about 7' long. He missed it on the right edge barely moving and it rolled off the front edge. I absolutely love that course, but that's just brutal. 
I've watched people 4 putt #3 at Waverly multiple times too. 

Last time I played #3, flag was cut front left. I landed a low spinner 1 foot past the pin, and 4 putted for double...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? 30 years What’s your handicap or normal score? 16.1 index

2. What do you love about golf? Outdoors, friends, fun, and occasionally a good score!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Member since 2015 Do you already know any other Spies? Yes

4. Where are you from? Cheney, WA What is your home course? Downriver Golf Course, Spokane, WA

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the price. We have some amazing courses in the area at very reasonable prices ~$35/round. Worst is its seasonal, 3-5 months off for winter!

6. What do you do for a living? Network Engineer/IT Director

7. How’d you pick your user name? Old username I have used for years!

Jason Day (No, not that one!)

Irons: Callaway Rogue X Regular Flex Steel

Driver: Ping G400 Regular flex

Right Handed

Cheney, WA

Avg 18 Hole Score: ~92

12 hours ago, Jason Day said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? 30 years What’s your handicap or normal score? 16.1 index

2. What do you love about golf? Outdoors, friends, fun, and occasionally a good score!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Member since 2015 Do you already know any other Spies? Yes

4. Where are you from? Cheney, WA What is your home course? Downriver Golf Course, Spokane, WA

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the price. We have some amazing courses in the area at very reasonable prices ~$35/round. Worst is its seasonal, 3-5 months off for winter!

6. What do you do for a living? Network Engineer/IT Director

7. How’d you pick your user name? Old username I have used for years!

Welcome from 2 hours south.  We get a lot of players coming from the Spokane area during the winter months.  Typically, 10º warmer and a lot less snow.  My wife grew up in Spokane and played a lot of golf there since H.S.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Kris with a K here from Coeur D' Alene Idaho. 

I'm Kris with a K because everyone always gets it wrong and spells it Chris so why not be up front and state it.

I started playing golf as a youngster in the Californian desert and continued through high school into college. I have been fortunate enough to play some excellent golf courses all over the country being a navy brat and playing collegiate golf.

I try my best to keep my handicap between a 2 and 5 with the long winters we have in North Idaho but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. I play most of my golf at a beautiful Jim Engh course here called Black Rock as well as a handful of other great tracks in the area, and when I get lucky the famous floating green. 

Coeur D' Alene has beautiful moderately warm summers with beautiful mountains and lake views so get when the gettin's good. The other half of the year is filled with rain and the white stuff that consumes every green blade of grass turning the place into a white, frigid paradise. Luckily there are a handful of indoor facilities that have monitors loaded with some of the best courses in the country to keep your game somewhat sharp. Nothing quite compares to seeing the egg fly though. 

When I'm not golfing I fill my time with fishing and motorcycle riding which are all prime options with the weather we have during the summer and fall. Most of my time though is consumed sitting in a Jeep dealership as a Used Car Manager. A rewarding job when you can break down all the barriers and stereo types we get and actually help a customer. 

Mygolfspy instantly grabbed my attention due to the honesty and hard work put into making sure us as consumers have a unbiased and tested review on the ever changing equipment we have today. It's refreshing and honest and appreciated by so many of us. Being pretty fresh here I don't know any spies but am sure I'm surrounded by a few. 

With every round being different and providing a different experience, its not hard to say I love golf, but more difficult to explain why. One particular scene pops into my head though when I close my eyes and think of golf. 

It's a sunny summertime morning and the grass is covered in dew, I'm walking and just teed off. Being the first on the golf course every step I take flings drops of water onto my calves as I make my way to my tee shot. In the middle of the fairway I see the track of my golf ball landing, skipping and rolling in the dew and there rests my ball. It's that feeling that makes me love golf.... and of course absolutely puring an iron to 3 feet.

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0144 (002).JPG

:taylormade-small: M3, 9.5, TENSEI 70, X

:titelist-small: 913F, 15, DIAMANA 72, S

:titelist-small: 913H, 19, DIAMANA 82, S

SUB70 639 CB 4-6 MB 7-PW, KBS TOUR, X

:taylormade-small:ZTP 52, 56 

:vokey-small: SM7 60

:scotty-cameron-1: STUDIO SELECT NEWPORT 2, SUPERSTROKE TRAXION TOUR 2.0

:taylormade-small: TP5X

@KRISWITHAK welcome to here!  Check out our upcoming PNW gathering in Bend Oregon.  Join us if you can!