TESTERS WANTED! ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

On 5/1/2020 at 11:52 AM, gilligan said:

Greetings from Portland!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing since I was 4 or 5 years old...parents had a 4wood and a putter cut down for me. Current handicap is about 12

2. What do you love about golf? I love being out on gorgeous golf courses - the peacefulness and quiet ( with the occasional "F O O R R E E")

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Always reading the reviews and articles on upcoming gear!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Portland, OR - Love all of the local course - especially mountainous areas...Skamania, Indian Creek (Hood River), The Reserve, but really too many fave's to list!

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The view...is the best!   Sometimes drainage can be a problem.

6. What do you do for a living? Am a Sales Engineer for Int'l carrier.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Have used it for years...cannot even remember now!

33 minutes ago, Boomer1961 said:

HI. I'm new here and in the Portland area. Old man avid golfer returning to the game, play 3 -4 times a week weather permitting. 

Welcome to you both from 200 miles up the Columbia River from an old retired guy.  I haven't played much in the Portland area, as I travel through to Corvallis every month or so (well, I did until this virus thing).  I'm always in a rush to get there or to get home, but I should make an effort to stop and play.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hey guys, first time poster but long time follower. I live in Bend, OR and enjoy the great golf we have here. I have been playing golf on and off since 2006 but started taking it more seriously a couple years ago. Current handicap is 7.4. I love the challenge of golf as well as being outdoors. I've been reading MGS for a few years, mostly when researching new golf gear etc. My home course is Lost Tracks in Bend. We have great golf in Central Oregon however, the snow in the off season makes it hard to keep the skills fresh. I am a Physician Assistant in the emergency department. My user name is pretty straight forward, I try not to overthink things too much. 

I am looking forward to interacting and contributing to this online golf community. 

- Bryce

Welcome to the group, Bryce.  I'm over in Medford and visit your neck of the woods every now and then.  Played Lost Tracks one trip there and enjoyed the track.  Pretty sure my RVCC bag tag is still hanging on the wall inside the rail car....but it's been a couple of years, so maybe it's no longer there.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 5/1/2020 at 10:21 AM, Dave P. HPMC said:

Some of the Washington Tribes decided to go their own way and open sooner.  Salish Cliffs opened Tuesday and White Horse opened Thursday.  It was a scramble Monday to get a tee time at Salish Cliffs for this Saturday, but success was had!  Looking forward to getting back out regularly.

If folks play courses where the cups have been raised above the surface, suggest to the staff they try installing the cubs upside down.  The bottom is concave and sits just about an inch or so below the surface.  You can still put out like normal and easily grab your ball - it never fully drops below the surface.  I played a course in Oregon a few weekends ago and that is how they had their cups installed.  It took some time trusting the ball was going to actually stay in the cup, but it was better than just banging a put up again a raised cup liner, in my opinion.

A quick plug for my men's club.  If you live in the greater Seattle/Bellevue area and want to join an active and fun men's club, consider the men's club at Harbour Pointe Golf Club.  The course is in awesome shape.  The guys did an outstanding job keeping the maintenance up over the past 6 weeks.  We're still working on our revised schedule, but there is a weekend competition at least twice a month, and every Wednesday.  We also have four two-day tournaments throughout the year of varying formats.

@Dave P. HPMC, Gold Mountain has platforms installed and Trophy Lakes is using what looks like a piece of styrofoam pool "noodles" in the cups.  I played White Horse the Friday they opened and the "splines" seemed to reject putts a lot more frequently than what I have been seeing with the platforms at GM or the "noodles" at Trophy today.  But the upside down cup still beats the neck out of the raised cups.

Enjoy the sunny days when you can.

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

8 hours ago, Bdcampbell said:

Hey guys, first time poster but long time follower. I live in Bend, OR and enjoy the great golf we have here. I have been playing golf on and off since 2006 but started taking it more seriously a couple years ago. Current handicap is 7.4. I love the challenge of golf as well as being outdoors. I've been reading MGS for a few years, mostly when researching new golf gear etc. My home course is Lost Tracks in Bend. We have great golf in Central Oregon however, the snow in the off season makes it hard to keep the skills fresh. I am a Physician Assistant in the emergency department. My user name is pretty straight forward, I try not to overthink things too much. 

I am looking forward to interacting and contributing to this online golf community. 

- Bryce

Welcome to the forums.  My wife and I play in Bend/Redmond quite a bit; timeshare at Eagle Crest.  I liked Lost Tracks.  Nice course... from a few years ago.

432771113_LostTracks16.jpg.93fd5a23917d6ab782c7953c60626d64.jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hello fellow Spies!

My name is Bryce and I am from Washington State, more specifically in the South Sound. I have been playing golf for over 25 years with a few breaks in between. A few years back I decided to take the game way more seriously, and see how high I can go. Currently my handicap is a 1.4, and I typically shoot in the 70's.

What I love most about golf is the pure challenge of improving. You get out of this game what you put into it. It's one of the few games I know of where no two days are the same. Also, golf can help you learn a lot about your personality, strengths and weaknesses in handling pressure.

I had seen MyGolfSpy around the internet for a few years now and have always come here to read about new products. The gentlemen that conduct testing here do a great job in explaining the how and why of golf equipment better than the big publications. Not knocking the other guys, but they can mislead the consumer by not explaining the ins and outs of why a club or a ball will work for YOU. The information here is incredible if you really want to learn how to make this game easier on you. At the moment I do not know anyone, but I hope to in the future. This seems like a nice place.

Like I said earlier, I am a Washingtonian. I don't exactly have a home course but I like to play around as much as I can. My favorite courses are: Allenmore, Spanaway Lake, The Classic, Oakbrook, High Cedars and Washington National. I am always looking for new places to play and practice at, let me know!

The best thing about golfing in the Pacific Northwest are the spring, summer and fall seasons. Winters are bearable in most parts if you can handle the rain. We don't deal with too much ice and snow, and if we do it's not for too long. Of course that is a different story in the foot hills. Summer has to be the best time to play around here. The temperature stays in the 70's to 80's, and can be joined by a nice breeze. The worst thing is the rain. It doesn't bother me to play in it, but some courses here just do not handle a lot of water well. Currently, I am unemployed, but hope to change that soon.

My username comes from the strongest part of my game and my best score. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my intro. I am looking forward to great discussions and maybe making some new golf friends. 

:taylormade-small: 2017 M2 driver, 9.5 set to 7.5, Aldila R.I.P. Alpha 70X

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 3 wood, 15 degree, Graphite Design Purple Ice 85X

:benhogan-small:VKTR hybrid, 22 degree, Mistubishi Diamana White board, 100X

:benhogan-small:Ft. Worth 15 Irons, 5-9iron, KBS Tour-V, 120x

:benhogan-small:Equalizer Wedges, 48, 52, 56, 60, KBS Tour-V, 120X

:scotty-small: Studio Style, 33.75", Superstroke SS2R grip

:bridgestone-small:Tour B XS

On 5/18/2020 at 11:08 PM, PureStriker66 said:

Hello fellow Spies!

My name is Bryce and I am from Washington State, more specifically in the South Sound. I have been playing golf for over 25 years with a few breaks in between. A few years back I decided to take the game way more seriously, and see how high I can go. Currently my handicap is a 1.4, and I typically shoot in the 70's.

What I love most about golf is the pure challenge of improving. You get out of this game what you put into it. It's one of the few games I know of where no two days are the same. Also, golf can help you learn a lot about your personality, strengths and weaknesses in handling pressure.

I had seen MyGolfSpy around the internet for a few years now and have always come here to read about new products. The gentlemen that conduct testing here do a great job in explaining the how and why of golf equipment better than the big publications. Not knocking the other guys, but they can mislead the consumer by not explaining the ins and outs of why a club or a ball will work for YOU. The information here is incredible if you really want to learn how to make this game easier on you. At the moment I do not know anyone, but I hope to in the future. This seems like a nice place.

Like I said earlier, I am a Washingtonian. I don't exactly have a home course but I like to play around as much as I can. My favorite courses are: Allenmore, Spanaway Lake, The Classic, Oakbrook, High Cedars and Washington National. I am always looking for new places to play and practice at, let me know!

The best thing about golfing in the Pacific Northwest are the spring, summer and fall seasons. Winters are bearable in most parts if you can handle the rain. We don't deal with too much ice and snow, and if we do it's not for too long. Of course that is a different story in the foot hills. Summer has to be the best time to play around here. The temperature stays in the 70's to 80's, and can be joined by a nice breeze. The worst thing is the rain. It doesn't bother me to play in it, but some courses here just do not handle a lot of water well. Currently, I am unemployed, but hope to change that soon.

My username comes from the strongest part of my game and my best score. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my intro. I am looking forward to great discussions and maybe making some new golf friends. 

Welcome Bryce to MGS. I'm also a south sounder that plays out of Spanaway Lake. Its good to be back playing again. Somewhere in the last 2 months I lost my swing so if you find it please return it. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Superfast Burner

3-wood :mizuno-small: ST180

5-wood :titelist-small: 910F

Hybrid :1332069271_TommyArmour: TA1 

Irons Maltby TE Forged 4 - GW

Wedge :titelist-small: SM6 58/06

Putter :taylormade-small: Monte Carlo Rossa AGSI

On 5/16/2020 at 9:12 PM, Kenny B said:

Welcome to the forums.  My wife and I play in Bend/Redmond quite a bit; timeshare at Eagle Crest.  I liked Lost Tracks.  Nice course... from a few years ago.

432771113_LostTracks16.jpg.93fd5a23917d6ab782c7953c60626d64.jpg

@Kenny B, I like that Photo alot.. Wish I had it in my collection, it would be printed and on the wall.. Godspeed my friend...

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

31 minutes ago, mchiller said:

First time poster here. I'm in NE Portland. Recently moved here in the last year and enjoying playing new courses. My handicap is a 2 and I enjoy playing competitive golf. This site has opened my eyes to all things nerdy about golf and I love it!

Welcome from 200 miles up the Columbia River.  Glad you joined us.

19 hours ago, mchiller said:

First time poster here. I'm in NE Portland. Recently moved here in the last year and enjoying playing new courses. My handicap is a 2 and I enjoy playing competitive golf. This site has opened my eyes to all things nerdy about golf and I love it!

What are you favorite courses in the area so far?

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

41 minutes ago, mchiller said:

Only played a handful so far, but the character or Rose City Golf Course is great. The Heron Lakes Great Blue Course is a good challenge. 

@mchiller, welcome. I'm from the Seattle area.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Welcome all you new people, more spys in the area. I just up north of Seattle, if anyone ever wants to get a round in. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Hey whats up all. 

Been playing this beautiful game since age 10ish.  Been a big fan of MGS for a while now and wanted to join in on the convo so here I am.  Currently play to a +1 and just moved down to Bandon, OR (absolutely loving it).  Love everything about this game from playing, the people to just being outdoors. Looking forward to connecting with alot of you.  Take it easy everyone!

Welcome to the forums...and Oregon.  Caddying in Bandon or something else get you to Bandon?  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

Looking for someone to play Willows Run on Redmond, WA tomorrow morning with me. Any takers? 6:27 am tee time.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

2 hours ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Looking for someone to play Willows Run on Redmond, WA tomorrow morning with me. Any takers? 6:27 am tee time.

Wish I could make it out there tomorrow, but can't. Saw that you live in Bothell, I do as well. My home course is Mill Creek CC, where do you usually play?

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Wish I could make it out there tomorrow, but can't. Saw that you live in Bothell, I do as well. My home course is Mill Creek CC, where do you usually play?

Usually play Willows or Echo. Not picky, just like to get out.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

5 hours ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Usually play Willows or Echo. Not picky, just like to get out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSp

I like echo, expect for the 1st hole and the power lines. The constant hum has convinced me that if I played it more often I'd be guaranteed to have cancer. 

If you guys wanted to do a Legion or something else north of Bothell I'd come down (up in Mount Vernon). 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I'm from rainy Tacoma, Washington. I've been golfing off and on for many years. I seem to be getting worse but I do enjoy it!! I've been online looking for a quad bag boy push cart. If anyone knows where I can get one for under 250 and before August, I'd appreciate it. Ebay is way to high. While searching I found this site. It looks like a great place to visit!

1 hour ago, Tacomamike said:

I'm from rainy Tacoma, Washington. I've been golfing off and on for many years. I seem to be getting worse but I do enjoy it!! I've been online looking for a quad bag boy push cart. If anyone knows where I can get one for under 250 and before August, I'd appreciate it. Ebay is way to high. While searching I found this site. It looks like a great place to visit!

Welcome from the dry side of the state!!  Getting any push cart is difficult right now since many people started walking when courses opened up after COVID-19.  Supply and demand.  Maybe by August the supply will catch up.  

On 5/24/2020 at 12:13 PM, Marvvv01 said:

Hey whats up all. 

Been playing this beautiful game since age 10ish.  Been a big fan of MGS for a while now and wanted to join in on the convo so here I am.  Currently play to a +1 and just moved down to Bandon, OR (absolutely loving it).  Love everything about this game from playing, the people to just being outdoors. Looking forward to connecting with alot of you.  Take it easy everyone!

Welcome to the state. I see you have moved to golfing heaven! Had my first trip there this past January and had an absolute blast! 

You should be aware that all of the manufacturers are out of stock right now. BagBoy and ClicGear both ave empty warehouses.

Your best chance might be to contact the local country club and ask the pro if they might know of any members that are looking to offload an older used cart.

I can think of at least 5 of my members that have an extra cart laying around.

N.

Sent from OregonMyGolfSpy

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Just now, Bdcampbell said:

I have been looking every time I play but I haven't found it yet. There are so many bag tags!

Yeah, there's a gazillion tags there.  The likelihood of finding one in particular is pretty slim.  I know there were several RVCC tags there when I left mine.