Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1 hour ago, Titleist87 said:

I have played Circling Raven, great course. My parents live on #15 at Meadowwood and we have a cabin on Deer Lake where we spend our time when visiting so the rota is Chewelah (I will retire on the course there someday) and the Canyon. We did go up to Christina Lake in BC last year as they had specials. My dad learned the game at Downriver and Indian Canyon in the 1950s so I like to play those with him as sentimental favorites. 

We played meadowwood last year on our outing, and I played it once Moons ago for state golf championship. Never played Chewelah, and this will be my first round at Indian canyon 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

4 hours ago, Titleist87 said:

I have played Circling Raven, great course. My parents live on #15 at Meadowwood and we have a cabin on Deer Lake where we spend our time when visiting so the rota is Chewelah (I will retire on the course there someday) and the Canyon. We did go up to Christina Lake in BC last year as they had specials. My dad learned the game at Downriver and Indian Canyon in the 1950s so I like to play those with him as sentimental favorites. 

I played Christina Lake a couple years ago with my father-in-law and really enjoyed it. The one thing that stands out from me from that round is that every shot I hit into a tree went clean through and out the other side - not sure if they really thin the trees out or if I was just lucky, but I shot a 104 so rest assured there were plenty of shots through the trees!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

4 hours ago, Titleist87 said:

My wife played all of the Spokane courses when she was growing up in the 60's and 70's.  She was on the golf team at St. Georges HS which is near the old Spokane CC;  their home course.  Her family were members at Spokane CC, Manito CC and Hayden Lake CC.  She still has the yellow leather golf bag and PowerBilt blades and persimmon woods that she lugged up and down Indian Canyon.  🤣

I haven't been to Chewelah, but I've heard it's very nice.  Just a little far for us to go when visiting family in Spokane since we were always pressed for time.  Not many around anymore, so maybe we should make the trip one of these days.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I Have played The Creek At Qualchan, Indian canyon, and Esmerelda, of the Spokane course Circling Raven and Couer D' Alene. My dad grew up in Spokane, My dad didn't play and grandparents quit before I started.. but I love the area.. I almost moved there 15 years ago after i got laid off...

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Had a amazing weekend playing Desert Canyon. played on Sat. did not get to play on Fri as hoped.. Desert Canyon was in incredible shape. Wind blew bad all day sat. 2-3 club wind most of the day. Iron shots were blown into the next county, or stalled in mid air.. it was so bad balls would be wiggling on putting surface.. Play terribly.. one of the most schizophrenic rounds I have played in years.. I only could string together 2-3 good shot 3 maybe 4 times during the whole round. I had 2 9's on the scorecard, could not tell you the last time i scored a 9 let alone 2 while playing sober... LOL.. Had a great weekend, just couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat.. 

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Played Loomis Trails in Blaine, WA this weekend.  It's been nearly 15 years since I first played the course.  I was reminded how great a track it is, and all of the "hidden" dangers.  I should of bought a yardage book - would have saved me at least 3 shots!

Tomorrow myself and 2 buddies will be taking on the toughest challenge that Central Oregon has to offer. Sunriver's Crosswater from the Tips. For those those of you unaware, Crosswater tips out at a healthy 7,683 yards, a course rating of 76.6 and a slope of 146. The group will consist of 2 Club Pros and 1 current Division 1 golfer so hopefully someone can go low

fullsizerender-15_orig.jpg

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

On 6/25/2020 at 2:52 PM, Reesedw said:

I Have played The Creek At Qualchan, Indian canyon, and Esmerelda, of the Spokane course Circling Raven and Couer D' Alene. My dad grew up in Spokane, My dad didn't play and grandparents quit before I started.. but I love the area.. I almost moved there 15 years ago after i got laid off...

My wife lugged her yellow leather bag with persimmon head woods and blades around all of the Spokane courses when she played on the St. Georges HS golf team.  She still has that set.

My wife's parents grew up around CdA and lived in Spokane.  Her dad was club champion at Spokane CC, Manito, and Hayden Lake CC, and he ran for mayor in the 60's.  My wife has newspaper clippings of the front page of the Spokesman Review with pictures of her family at Christmas and at their pool in the summer.  Spoiled brat!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

13 hours ago, Dave P. HPMC said:

Played Loomis Trails in Blaine, WA this weekend.  It's been nearly 15 years since I first played the course.  I was reminded how great a track it is, and all of the "hidden" dangers.  I should of bought a yardage book - would have saved me at least 3 shots!

I saw they were running a good deal right now, been 3 years since I played it, but might be worth another visit. 

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

On 7/5/2020 at 6:09 PM, DPattGolf said:

Tomorrow myself and 2 buddies will be taking on the toughest challenge that Central Oregon has to offer. Sunriver's Crosswater from the Tips. For those those of you unaware, Crosswater tips out at a healthy 7,683 yards, a course rating of 76.6 and a slope of 146. The group will consist of 2 Club Pros and 1 current Division 1 golfer so hopefully someone can go low

fullsizerender-15_orig.jpg

So, how did it go?  Do you still have your clubs? 🙂

1 hour ago, Dave P. HPMC said:

So, how did it go?  Do you still have your clubs? 🙂

Ended up being a windy day (25-30mph) but my putter is what killed me. Finished bogey-bogey to shoot 79. Definitely want some revenge

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

That’s pretty strong.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

1. I’ve been playing golf for about 8 years regularly but first started playing at age 10 with my older brother. Im hovering around 12-14 handicap and slowly trying to progress into the single digits. 

2. I just love how anyone can play it. From 3 year olds swinging for the first time with a parent to a grandparent taking a walk with some friends.
3. Wanted to get more involved.looking to get into building/repairing clubs so figured this was a good place to start. And a work friend MALyons31 is a member. 
4. I’m originally from Stafford, VA but live in Kodiak, AK and moving in a few weeks to Cape Cod,MA. We only have 1 course, a nine hole spot surrounded by mountains. Bear Valley Golf Course
5. The views and wildlife are the best. One day you’ll be walking and a Kodiak brown bear pops out of the woods. But the weather can be unpredictable and once it gets into October you aren’t playing until at least May.
6. I’m a member of the USCG since 2010
7. It’s my name. Haha
I completely agree on all counts... I am the type that loves to go out to the very scenic courses for the views and quite contemplation (which now sometimes gets less contemplative with some folks playing their loud music on the course ). Unfortunately, just this week I found out that my favorite local course that I love because of its scenic Vistas and views of the Columbia River Gorge is being remodeled from an 18-hole course to only 9-holes and a new 18-hole putting course.
Fail. 1852484573.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Callaway Epic Flash 9°

GBB 3 Wood

GBB 7 Heaven Wood

Rogue Pro 4-PW

Mack Daddy 64°

60°

White Hot 2 Mallet 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

1. I have been playing golf competitively for 8 years, recreational for about 10 years. My handicap is a 0.9

2. What do you love about golf?

1. I have always loved the outdoors, and there is no better sport to play than golf when it comes to that. I love the challenge that the sport offers. But more importantly, I love making connections on the golf course and meeting new people through common interests.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

1. I wanted to come to MyGolfSpy to learn more about technology and equipment within golf, but also share some of my opinions on the game. I do know a couple other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

1. I am from Canby, Oregon, and my home course is Arrowhead Golf Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

1. Best- The summer does not get too hot and it becomes perfect golfing conditions. Lots of trees on the local courses give you some shade too.

2. worst- The winter is pretty wet so you cant get out and play too much in the winter months.

6. What do you do for a living?

1. I am currently going to college and play on my college team.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. Its a nickname that I grew up with.

Driver- Titleist TS2 10.5 Degree

3 wood- Cobra Speedzone tour

Driving Iron- Taylormade P790 2 iron

Irons- Callaway x forged irons

Wedges- Taylormade Milled Grind (50,54,58)

Putter- Scotty Cameron select newport 2

Ball- Bridgestone Tour BXS

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there! My name is Chris & I’m from Richland, WA. I’ve been playing golf for about 10-11 year but only decided to get serious about it over the past 3-4 years. I am currently a 4.4 and my home course is Canyon Lakes in South Kennewick. Honestly the worst thing about golf in our area is the lack of courses therefore their ability to drive up the cost of play.

I love golf because no two rounds are the same. Even if you arrive at the same score, your journey looked a bit different. You can’t ever beat this game, and I love that every first tee launches a whole new set of possibilities.

MyGolfSpy has helped me greatly in the decision making process this year of changing out everything in my bag and sticking to it to improve. Looking forward to the community here!

Chris Yourdan

On 8/1/2020 at 9:40 AM, ChrisYourdan said:

Hey there! My name is Chris & I’m from Richland, WA. I’ve been playing golf for about 10-11 year but only decided to get serious about it over the past 3-4 years. I am currently a 4.4 and my home course is Canyon Lakes in South Kennewick. Honestly the worst thing about golf in our area is the lack of courses therefore their ability to drive up the cost of play.

I love golf because no two rounds are the same. Even if you arrive at the same score, your journey looked a bit different. You can’t ever beat this game, and I love that every first tee launches a whole new set of possibilities.

MyGolfSpy has helped me greatly in the decision making process this year of changing out everything in my bag and sticking to it to improve. Looking forward to the community here!

Welcome to the boards, you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave. 

WITB:

On 8/1/2020 at 9:40 AM, ChrisYourdan said:

Hey neighbor!  You probably live just down the street from me! LOL.   I haven't played Canyon Lakes in several years; just a long drive in traffic and I never got along with the management.

I play at Columbia Point and sometimes get a free round at Horn Rapids... like tomorrow.

Glad you joined up.  MGS is a great place to chat and meet new friends.  

Welcome Chris, make yourself at home..

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing off and on for about 25 years, more off than on due to military deployments/injuries.  I don't know my handicap.  Never bothered with it.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love playing a game that I'm in control of, for the most part.  I love that feeling after a really good shot that makes you forget about all the bad ones.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Im looking to join a community of honest people to learn some things and get real opinions of equipment.  I was told about MyGolfSpy by a coworker who's been a member for years.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I currently reside in Everett,WA but I'm an Arizona boy.  I dont have a home course yet.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - beautiful scenery, lots of green.  Worst - all the dawn rain!

6. What do you do for a living?  EMI Test Engineer

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Because my name rhymes with the word it replaced.  My wife says I'm a 12 year old at heart.

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: 4 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 5-Aw; KBS Tour-V 90 Stiff

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

23 minutes ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing off and on for about 25 years, more off than on due to military deployments/injuries.  I don't know my handicap.  Never bothered with it.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love playing a game that I'm in control of, for the most part.  I love that feeling after a really good shot that makes you forget about all the bad ones.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Im looking to join a community of honest people to learn some things and get real opinions of equipment.  I was told about MyGolfSpy by a coworker who's been a member for years.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I currently reside in Everett,WA but I'm an Arizona boy.  I dont have a home course yet.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - beautiful scenery, lots of green.  Worst - all the dawn rain!

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Because my name rhymes with the word it replaced.  My wife says I'm a 12 year old at heart.

I live in the north part of Bothell, so not too far from you. Welcome!

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

43 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I live in the north part of Bothell, so not too far from you. Welcome!

Not far at all. Im in south Everett/Silver Lake.  Thanks for the welcome.

1 hour ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

And I'm up in Mount Vernon. I like the Everett courses, Legion is nice. 

Way to get on the kraken train! My wife and I go to a good number of Silvertips games, so we are more flyers fans since they drafted Carter Hart. 

WITB:

Just now, Thin2win said:

And I'm up in Mount Vernon. I like the Everett courses, Legion is nice. 

Way to get on the kraken train! My wife and I go to a good number of Silvertips games, so we are more flyers fans since they drafted Carter Hart. 

The wife and I are silvertips season ticket holders. I grew up a penguins fan, have been all my life. But I have to get in on the kraken. Not very often you get to be around for the start of a new team where you live.

Carter Hart is awesome.  Really nice kid too.

24 minutes ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

The wife and I are silvertips season ticket holders. I grew up a penguins fan, have been all my life. But I have to get in on the kraken. Not very often you get to be around for the start of a new team where you live.

Carter Hart is awesome.  Really nice kid too.

Carter is awesome. My wife plays on the snoco women's hockey team, that's how I got into hockey. I'll have to  be a kraken fan too, but for the playoffs this year it's flyers all the way. 

WITB:

20 hours ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Glad to see you Joined. We will have to play soon.. Welcome.. 

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

57 minutes ago, Reesedw said:

Glad to see you Joined. We will have to play soon.. Welcome.. 

Thanks for telling me about this.  I'll let you know how the colorado course is.  

2 hours ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Thanks for telling me about this.  I'll let you know how the colorado course is.  

Which Colorado course?

WITB:

1 hour ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Mt massive. Outside of buena vista, CO.

nice, I lived in Summit County for 5 years, and got married in Crested Butte, played a lot of golf in central Colorado. Beautiful courses. 

WITB: