Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Greetings everyone.

Been playing for 30+ years, HC is at 15.1.

Currently living in San Diego but moving up to Everett in November.

Retired on April 1st after 28.5 years in the Navy.

I absolutely love golf and am looking to get into the industry as a club builder/repairman. I look forward to interacting with you all. 

Working on completing my profile now.

Driver: Callaway Paradyme Smoke Max, 9* stiff flex

5 wood: Sub 70

7 wood: Sub 70

Driving 2 iron: PXG 0311 X, reg flex steel

5-PW: Callaway Paradyme, 1/2" over, neutral lie, reg flex.

50/54/58 deg wedges: Sub 70

Putter: PXG GEN 1 Brandon, 35" shaft.

Ball: Vice Pro Zero

32 minutes ago, US_Navy_Retired said:

Greetings everyone.

I absolutely love golf and am looking to get into the industry as a club builder/repairman. I look forward to interacting with you all. 

Welcome aboard sailor.  I think you're going to like it up here in Everett.

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: 4 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 5-Aw; KBS Tour-V 90 Stiff

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

On 8/7/2020 at 7:28 PM, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Mt massive. Outside of buena vista, CO.

So i didn't get to play any golf on my Colorado trip. Mt Massive was booked full and collegiate peaks course had a bachelor party group show up about 30 minutes before I did and had that small course backed up.  Oh well.  Im not complaining too much, Buena Vista was beautiful. 

7 minutes ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Welcome aboard sailor.  I think you're going to like it up here in Everett.

looking forward to it for sure.

I have never owned a piece of golf rain gear but gonna start purchasing soon.....🤣

1 minute ago, US_Navy_Retired said:

looking forward to it for sure.

I have never owned a piece of golf rain gear but gonna start purchasing soon.....🤣

Yea you might need a little something here. Not as bad as everyone thinks though.  

58 minutes ago, US_Navy_Retired said:

Greetings everyone.

Welcome. Do you know what part of Everett you are moving to? I am not that far from Everett.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

7 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Welcome. Do you know what part of Everett you are moving to? I am not that far from Everett.

we're looking all around the Everett area...Lake Stevens/Marysville etc.....

8 hours ago, US_Navy_Retired said:

Greetings everyone.

Welcome from the dry side of the state, and thank you for your service.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 hours ago, US_Navy_Retired said:

Greetings everyone.

This retired MCPO welcomes you to the group!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

• 3 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? -15 years, 5 handicapper

2. What do you love about golf? -Always chasing better scores, meeting people, spending quality time  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? -Found it on instagram

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally Bay Area, CA and now up in wilsonville OR. Don’t have a “home course” but I like Langdon, Stone creek, and OGA

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best- golf in the summer isn’t too hot. Worst- winter rain

6. What do you do for a living? -Work at dicks sporting goods for the time being, trying to find something more permanent in golf management or sales  just graduated college in 2020

7. How’d you pick your user name? -25 was my baseball number

WITB: All Taylormade- M5 driver and 3W, 2i p790 udi, irons p7TW, Milled Grind wedges, Scotty Newport

Fun Fact: recently retired baseball player turned full time golfer 

2 hours ago, mattr25 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? -15 years, 5 handicapper

2. What do you love about golf? -Always chasing better scores, meeting people, spending quality time  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? -Found it on instagram

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally Bay Area, CA and now up in wilsonville OR. Don’t have a “home course” but I like Langdon, Stone creek, and OGA

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best- golf in the summer isn’t too hot. Worst- winter rain

6. What do you do for a living? -Work at dicks sporting goods for the time being, trying to find something more permanent in golf management or sales  just graduated college in 2020

7. How’d you pick your user name? -25 was my baseball number

Welcome from SE Washington on the Columbia River.  I grew up in Corvallis and graduated from OSU in 1969.  I still travel there to see my dad, but haven't been able to visit because of the COVID lockdown.  

My wife and I have played OGA and Stone Creek, but we never seem to stop at Langdon Farms.  It looks nice from the freeway, but we are always in a rush going either direction... some day!!

Enjoy the forums!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all.

Live out in Black Diamond, Washington. Been away from golf for a couple of years after my dad passed away. Getting back into it. Got some new clubs and set up a practice area. Figure I can get some solid winter work in before going all out next spring. Got my wife some clubs as well and she will join me at times so that makes it easier to get back out. 

I grew up in Kent WA, and have golfed most of my life, just never very well. usually shoot in the 90's or worse. Favorite place to play is Auburn Golf Course. 

New to Spy, but their reviews and data helped me get back into it. I love stats and their approach to things got me excited to get after it. 

Glad to be apart of things.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo

3W: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo

Irons: Cleveland UHX 3-PW

Wedges: Still looking...

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Tuttle

16 minutes ago, jcm3344and1 said:

Hello all.

Live out in Black Diamond, Washington. Been away from golf for a couple of years after my dad passed away. Getting back into it. Got some new clubs and set up a practice area. Figure I can get some solid winter work in before going all out next spring. Got my wife some clubs as well and she will join me at times so that makes it easier to get back out. 

I grew up in Kent WA, and have golfed most of my life, just never very well. usually shoot in the 90's or worse. Favorite place to play is Auburn Golf Course. 

New to Spy, but their reviews and data helped me get back into it. I love stats and their approach to things got me excited to get after it. 

Welcome,  my condolences on the loss of your father.  I can sympathize.  I have recently returned to the game after a long break.  I'm trying to get my wife involved as well.  She joins me for "dates" at the range.  Good luck and have fun.

1 hour ago, jcm3344and1 said:

Hello all.

Welcome to the forums!!  I'm 200 miles east in the desert (and smoke), but it's getting better.  Sorry to hear about your dad; my mom passed away 3 years ago, and my dad isn't doing very well.  There are plenty of great Spys in your area.  Hope you can meet up.

1. Since I was a kid, but actually going on a regular basis, Summer of 2019. I shoot low to mid 80’s

2. I love that every round is different. Some rounds, you get more bunker practice, or you’re stuck behind a tree..

3. I like to scout out new products/clubs. This site has been great about having awesome clubs specs. 

4. Boise, ID - Plantation Country Club

5. Real Estate Agent 

6. It’s my old username at a bank. People started calling me by it, it kinda stuck. 

Oliver

34 minutes ago, OhJohns said:

1. Since I was a kid, but actually going on a regular basis, Summer of 2019. I shoot low to mid 80’s

2. I love that every round is different. Some rounds, you get more bunker practice, or you’re stuck behind a tree..

3. I like to scout out new products/clubs. This site has been great about having awesome clubs specs. 

5. Real Estate Agent 

6. It’s my old username at a bank. People started calling me by it, it kinda stuck. 

@fixyurdivot and I were briefly discussing a Boise golf trip in the next month. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Just now, Kenny B said:

I'm in!!

Getting the band back together! We need to work out some dates

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

4 hours ago, OhJohns said:

5. Real Estate Agent 

Welcome from 270 miles up the Interstate!  I have an uncle who lives in Nampa.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  

I have been competitively playing for about 2 years.  Been dabbling for around 5 years.  Got my handicap down from a 28 to a 10.7.

What do you love about golf?

I love how no matter how good you can get, there is always room for improvement.  It’s the ultimate side hustle.  Work is always going to be work, but I strongly believe that your passions are going to be where your hobbies and family lie.  Golf is th ehobby that always leaves you wanting more.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  Do you already know any other Spies? 

Honestly, it was the golf ball test that drew my attention to MGS.  I don’t know any other spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I’m from Osoyoos, British Columbia.  Yes, I know I’m in Canada, but we share the border with Oroville.  My home course is Osoyoos Golf Club.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 

Best is that our golf season is on average at least 8 months long which is ridiculous for Canada.  Cost for a membership is also cheaper at some of the courses here if you’re under 40.  The worst would be that my home course uses refuse water on everything so the greens end up inconsistent and slow...and everything smells like poop.

What do you do for a living? 

I’m a sports chiropractor.

How’d you pick your user name? 

First and last initial, Doctor of Chiropractic, and I’m Titleist Performance Institute certified.

3 hours ago, JCDCTPI said:

I have been competitively playing for about 2 years.  Been dabbling for around 5 years.  Got my handicap down from a 28 to a 10.7.

I love how no matter how good you can get, there is always room for improvement.  It’s the ultimate side hustle.  Work is always going to be work, but I strongly believe that your passions are going to be where your hobbies and family lie.  Golf is th ehobby that always leaves you wanting more.

Honestly, it was the golf ball test that drew my attention to MGS.  I don’t know any other spies.

I’m from Osoyoos, British Columbia.  Yes, I know I’m in Canada, but we share the border with Oroville.  My home course is Osoyoos Golf Club.

Best is that our golf season is on average at least 8 months long which is ridiculous for Canada.  Cost for a membership is also cheaper at some of the courses here if you’re under 40.  The worst would be that my home course uses refuse water on everything so the greens end up inconsistent and slow...and everything smells like poop.

First and last initial, Doctor of Chiropractic, and I’m Titleist Performance Institute certified.

Welcome aboard.  You said you're a doc and now you're going to get tons of health questions!  Be prepared.

4 hours ago, JCDCTPI said:

Welcome to the forums!!  Glad you joined us.  I'm straight south of you about 4 hours.  That's quite a drop in HC from 28 to 10.  Nice!!

• 2 weeks later...

Been golfing since last year 2019, so about a year. My handicap is about 23.

1. What do you love about golf? The challenge and thrill of hitting a great shot as well as a personal development tool to better my relationship with myself and my thoughts. It forces me to get out of my head and into my body.

2. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I am looking for a community where I can connect with other fellow golfers since I have become a little obsessed with the sport.

3. Where are you from? What is your home course? Wenatchee, WA - 3 Lakes is my home course, but I have been going to HIghlander quite a bit lately.

4. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is that we have several courses to choose from within a 30 minute drive. The worst is that they are all overpriced for the most part besides 3 Lakes. This is becoming a retirement community so they target those demographics for better or worse.

5. What do you do for a living? I am a business banker for a credit union.

6. How’d you pick your user name? Jessi is my nick name that I have gone by my entire life and big dog, well cuz a golfing buddy has been calling me that since I am tall, so it just kinda stuck. 

1 hour ago, jessi.bigdog said:

1. What do you love about golf? The challenge and thrill of hitting a great shot as well as a personal development tool to better my relationship with myself and my thoughts. It forces me to get out of my head and into my body.

2. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I am looking for a community where I can connect with other fellow golfers since I have become a little obsessed with the sport.

3. Where are you from? What is your home course? Wenatchee, WA - 3 Lakes is my home course, but I have been going to HIghlander quite a bit lately.

4. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is that we have several courses to choose from within a 30 minute drive. The worst is that they are all overpriced for the most part besides 3 Lakes. This is becoming a retirement community so they target those demographics for better or worse.

6. How’d you pick your user name? Jessi is my nick name that I have gone by my entire life and big dog, well cuz a golfing buddy has been calling me that since I am tall, so it just kinda stuck. 

Welcome Jessi.  Glad you joined us.  I live in the Tri-Cities and have played a few courses near Chelan.  Wenatchee is beautiful country; used to ski in my younger days at Mission Ridge; also autocross at Pangborn Field and the Pine Canyon Hill Climb just before you get to Waterville.  

13 hours ago, jessi.bigdog said:

Welcome Jessi,  I need to get out that way and play Highlander.  I've heard its a pretty nice course.  I'm in Everett.

5 hours ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Welcome Jessi,  I need to get out that way and play Highlander.  I've heard its a pretty nice course.  I'm in Everett.

Although expensive, you need to get to Gamble Sands in Brewster.  Same architect as Bandon Dunes.  

Make it a weekend and play GS, Desert Canyon and Bear Mountain Ranch.  But don't pick a windy day!!!

16 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Although expensive, you need to get to Gamble Sands in Brewster.  Same architect as Bandon Dunes.  

Make it a weekend and play GS, Desert Canyon and Bear Mountain Ranch.  But don't pick a windy day!!!

Is there ever an afternoon in Eastern Washington when it's not windy, except when its triple digits?  

7 minutes ago, Dave P. HPMC said:

Is there ever an afternoon in Eastern Washington when it's not windy, except when its triple digits?  

Sure, same amount of days that its not wet or rainy in western Washington!

Cliff Mass Weather Blog: Does it REALLY rain all the time in Seattle?

40 minutes ago, Dave P. HPMC said:

This weekend...  High 85 sunny and wind less than 10 mph.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Great to connect on here. My name is Jacob as you can see from my username. Not sure how or if I can change it lol. I live in Bend, OR and a member of Broken Top. Just joined this year. I really got into golf in the last couple of years. Took my first lesson this year and completely hooked now. My handicap is 27, but my goal is to be consistently shooting in the 90s next summer. Still have some work to do. Looking forward to connecting with folks. 

Playing mostly Mizuno Hot Metal, but just added an Epic Flash 26* hybrid to the bag.