TESTERS WANTED! ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

9 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Monte just put up his updated clinic schedule. Seattle clinic will be in Snohomish in August. Anyone else in? I already signed up. @Kenny B

Oh no. Don't tempt. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Monte just put up his updated clinic schedule. Seattle clinic will be in Snohomish in August. Anyone else in? I already signed up. @Kenny B

We did the clinic in Snohomish 2 summers ago.  It was OK, but they only have a driving range and a putting green; no short game area.  Monte actually brought in bags of sand that he dumped on the grass to simulate a sand shot.  Not the best IMO.  We were going to stay for the 3rd day on Monday, but Monte had to fly home on Sunday evening because his son had a Dr. appt.  I'm not sure where he would do the on-course part of the clinic.

We have already paid for a clinic at Monte's home course that was supposed to happen last April.  Damn COVID!!  We have discussed with Monte and agreed to do it this Mar/Apr but his schedule is filling up fast. I need to contact hm again.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

We did the clinic in Snohomish 2 summers ago.  It was OK, but they only have a driving range and a putting green; no short game area.  Monte actually brought in bags of sand that he dumped on the grass to simulate a sand shot.  Not the best IMO.  We were going to stay for the 3rd day on Monday, but Monte had to fly home on Sunday evening because his son had a Dr. appt.  I'm not sure where he would do the on-course part of the clinic.

We have already paid for a clinic at Monte's home course that was supposed to happen last April.  Damn COVID!!  We have discussed with Monte and agreed to do it this Mar/Apr but his schedule is filling up fast. I need to contact hm again.

Yeah the Snohomish range sucks for short game. Maybe I can sneak everyone in at Mill Creek CC, lol. We have a bunker, a chipping green, a pitching green, and a putting green. 

I did let Monte know that I could check to see if the Monday on course could be hosted at Mill Creek CC. Its only 15 minutes from the Snohomish range.

The positive about Snohomish is that I live close by.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

The Snohomish range is flat, your mill Creek range is a canyon. Lol

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

14 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

The Snohomish range is flat, your mill Creek range is a canyon. Lol

That would be a true statement

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone here part of NW Golf guys or the Golfweek amateur Tour? Is it worth being a part of to compete? Sounds like a lot of fun to compete again others of my own skill level.

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

Is anyone here part of NW Golf guys or the Golfweek amateur Tour? Is it worth being a part of to compete? Sounds like a lot of fun to compete again others of my own skill level.

I actually was a member of NW Golf Guys until I turned pro. Really good group of guys that run it and they do a great job with all of the events. They also now have their own indoor space with 2 simulators 

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

13 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

I actually was a member of NW Golf Guys until I turned pro. Really good group of guys that run it and they do a great job with all of the events. They also now have their own indoor space with 2 simulators 

Thanks. Is there scoring set up handicap based or ways gross score?

My Reviews:

7 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

I believe they do gross and net. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

19 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

Yea they use gross and net. U can actually have ur USGA Handicap through them even instead of a course

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

• 3 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 2 Years and my handicap is 33.1 😶 I score around 102-112 I have shot in the 90s a few times! 
  2. What do you love about golf? Being outside and being able to compete against myself every round 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I used the site for their reviews constantly and saw they had a forum and wanted to start talking about golf with others and not just my brother and father.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Currently residing in Portland/Gresham OR used to play Glendoveer but since I just bought a Condo in Gresham I am looking at starting to play Rose City more of Gresham Golf Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best things about golf in PNW never gets too hot in the summer and a decent amount of local courses to choose from. Wort part is the rainy months and the amount of trees on every course.

6. What do you do for a living? Call Center and Dispatch Supervisor for Non-emergency Medical Transportation 

7. How’d you pick your user name? It just my first name and first letter of my last name nothing special 

DRIVER: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ 9.0

3 WOOD: image.png.b6613518d077eded19f7b2f1d3dfca30.png Stealth

UTILITY IRON: :cobra-small: King Utility 3 Iron (waiting on arrival) 

IRONS: :titelist-small: T300 Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo Reg Flex (4,5,6,7,8,9,PW)

WEDGES: :mizuno-small: 54 degree (working on finding a 50) 

PUTTER: :cobra-small: KING 3D Printed Grandsport-35 34in

BALL: image.png.542fdc69c02dece96439d8dca9c58a95.png Tour Response Stripe

1 hour ago, GunnarB said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 2 Years and my handicap is 33.1 😶 I score around 102-112 I have shot in the 90s a few times! 
  2. What do you love about golf? Being outside and being able to compete against myself every round 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I used the site for their reviews constantly and saw they had a forum and wanted to start talking about golf with others and not just my brother and father.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Currently residing in Portland/Gresham OR used to play Glendoveer but since I just bought a Condo in Gresham I am looking at starting to play Rose City more of Gresham Golf Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best things about golf in PNW never gets too hot in the summer and a decent amount of local courses to choose from. Wort part is the rainy months and the amount of trees on every course.

6. What do you do for a living? Call Center and Dispatch Supervisor for Non-emergency Medical Transportation 

7. How’d you pick your user name? It just my first name and first letter of my last name nothing special 

Welcome to the forums, lots of spys in the greater Portland area. 

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

5 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Welcome to the forums, lots of spys in the greater Portland area. 

Thank you! That's great news hopefully Ill be able to play some rounds with some of them. 

1 hour ago, GunnarB said:

Agreed. Welcome. Lots of us for sure. Anytime you want a round give us a jingle

My Reviews:

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

Agreed. Welcome. Lots of us for sure. Anytime you want a round give us a jingle

I saw the Forum for linking up to play rounds I will defiantly try to utilize it 

18 hours ago, GunnarB said:

Welcome to the forum from, Keizer.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

20 hours ago, GunnarB said:

Welcome to MGS from Central Oregon!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing for a year, handicap is 42.5. My current goal is to play a round under 100
  2. What do you love about golf? The fact that the game is fair and I can constantly push my self to do better. Scratches the same itch as games like celeste and super meat boy

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Mostly for reviews as I've been filling out my bag. Also really enjoy no puts given

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Vancouver, BC but live in Seattle Washington. My home course is probably Interbay, a local par-3 course. I'm there multiple times a week either for the range or to play a round. In terms of 18 holes I would probably call Auburn Golf Course my home course. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best Thing: If you are willing to put up with a bit of chilly weather you can play around all year roundWorst Thing: Frequent rain and unreliable weather forecast means you can often not be sure if you are going to be able to play until the day before.

6. What do you do for a living? Software Engineer

7. How’d you pick your user name? Nothing special, play on my name. Been using it for years.

Edited by Igman05

Driver: :taylormade-small:M6 (Crown cracked, TSi2 on order)

3-Wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik, Project-X Riptide 60S + 1 Inch

2-Iron: :titelist-small: U-510, Tensei AV Raw White 90S + 1.5 Inch

3-Hybrid: :cobra-small: RAD Speed ONE Length, Aerotech Steel Fiber 110 + 1.5 Inches

4-Hybrid: :taylormade-small:  GAPR Mid, KBS Hybrid 90S

5-GW: :cobra-small: RAD Speed ONE Length, Aerotech Steel Fiber 110 + 1.5 inches

56°/60°: :cobra-small: King MIM ONE Length, Aerotech Steel Fiber 110 + 1.5 inches

Putter: :callaway-small:Toulon Las Vegas H7, Stroke Lab 37.5 inches

Bag: :Ogio: 2020 Convoy SE 

Rangefinder: Nikon CoolShot Pro Stabilized

3 hours ago, Igman05 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing for a year, handicap is 42.5. My current goal is to play a round under 100

Welcome to the forums! A few spys in and around Seattle here. I'm a bit up north (Mount Vernon), but if you are ever going up to BC you can stop by for a round. 

WITB:

On 3/20/2021 at 7:27 PM, Thin2win said:

Welcome to the forums! A few spys in and around Seattle here. I'm a bit up north (Mount Vernon), but if you are ever going up to BC you can stop by for a round. 

I'm from Vancouver so I go up to BC quite a bit! Will need to check out Mt Vernon

Driver: :taylormade-small:M6 (Crown cracked, TSi2 on order)

3-Wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik, Project-X Riptide 60S + 1 Inch

2-Iron: :titelist-small: U-510, Tensei AV Raw White 90S + 1.5 Inch

3-Hybrid: :cobra-small: RAD Speed ONE Length, Aerotech Steel Fiber 110 + 1.5 Inches

4-Hybrid: :taylormade-small:  GAPR Mid, KBS Hybrid 90S

5-GW: :cobra-small: RAD Speed ONE Length, Aerotech Steel Fiber 110 + 1.5 inches

56°/60°: :cobra-small: King MIM ONE Length, Aerotech Steel Fiber 110 + 1.5 inches

Putter: :callaway-small:Toulon Las Vegas H7, Stroke Lab 37.5 inches

Bag: :Ogio: 2020 Convoy SE 

Rangefinder: Nikon CoolShot Pro Stabilized

Member at the hidden gem, Skagit Golf and Country Club.  Three years in after 30 years of playing public golf before retiring north from Seattle.  H'cap just ballooned to a 23 after having down to 18 last summer.  Help!!  Actually, no don't.  I've got this. Maybe. 

"Hit it hard. It's gotta lamd somewhere."

--Ben Hogan

31 minutes ago, Dee 8ch said:

Member at the hidden gem, Skagit Golf and Country Club.  Three years in after 30 years of playing public golf before retiring north from Seattle.  H'cap just ballooned to a 23 after having down to 18 last summer.  Help!!  Actually, no don't.  I've got this. Maybe. 

just keep losing your monies to me and I'll keep telling you that your swing is good. 

WITB:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm moving again! I will be starting a new job on the 11th and will be moving to the Vancouver/Portland area. If anyone in the area is ever looking for someone to play with feel free to hit me up!

58 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

Hey guys I'm moving again! I will be starting a new job on the 11th and will be moving to the Vancouver/Portland area. If anyone in the area is ever looking for someone to play with feel free to hit me up!

Where are you going now? 

WITB:

On 4/5/2021 at 3:58 PM, Thin2win said:

Where are you going now? 

I will be working at Orchard Hills Country Club 

9 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

Hopefully, this is a great opportunity for you! Good Luck...

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

3 hours ago, DPattGolf said:

Beautiful looking course... when do you get your name on the website and scorecard?  😀

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just now, Kenny B said:

Beautiful looking course... when do you get your name on the website and scorecard?  😀

Scorecard is doubtful but hopefully on the website sometime soon