Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

11 hours ago, DPattGolf said:

I will be working at Orchard Hills Country Club 

My Brother in law is a member out there. nice course, tough greens. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

2 hours ago, Ric1990 said:

I've been playing golf since for about 5 years now. I love golf because my dad used to play with me as a kid. I lived in California my whole life until I went for higher education in New York. My favorite golfer is Dustin Johnson. He once said, "It's just a game. I love it. And yeah, I get frustrated, but I try to not let it get me too upset. I mean, I don't get upset over bad shots or anything like that." I like his sporting approach to the game and how he handles frustration. 

PS: I got this quote from - https://sportsquotes.us/golf

Where in the PNW are you living? 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Actively for 6 years, about 7 years of 2-3 rounds a year prior to diving in. I am currently a 17.3
  2. What do you love about golf?

Sharing the course with my sons and teaching them what golf can offer both on the course and off. Also the excuse to get outside with my wife and buddies and enjoy the sun, some drinks, and a little competitive banter.
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Looking to grow my golf network, I'd love to find some new playing partners. Not that I know of.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I live in Bend, OR but originally from Hood River, OR. Currently 
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Pace of play in the summer is brutal, courses fill up fast despite high price points. I love the ability to get out early in  the middle of the summer and get a round in before 9am.
  6. What do you do for a living?

Project Manager for Civil Engineering Firm.
  7. How’d you pick your user name?

Old high school nickname.

:taylormade-small: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 70

:Sub70: 939X Fairway 3 Wood - Project X EvenFlow Riptide 70 6.0 Graphite

:Sub70: 699 Pro 2 Iron 17°  - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.5 Graphite

:Sub70: 699u 4 Iron - KBS Tour 130 Steel 

:Sub70: 699 5-PW - KBS Tour 130 Steel

:cleveland-small: CG14 52°/56°/60° - KBS - Cleveland Traction Wedge Flex Steel Shafts 

:odyssey-small: White Hot #5 - Super Stroke Traxion

3 minutes ago, Poiter said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Actively for 6 years, about 7 years of 2-3 rounds a year prior to diving in. I am currently a 17.3

Sharing the course with my sons and teaching them what golf can offer both on the course and off. Also the excuse to get outside with my wife and buddies and enjoy the sun, some drinks, and a little competitive banter.

Looking to grow my golf network, I'd love to find some new playing partners. Not that I know of.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I live in Bend, OR but originally from Hood River, OR. Currently 
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Pace of play in the summer is brutal, courses fill up fast despite high price points. I love the ability to get out early in  the middle of the summer and get a round in before 9am.
  6. What do you do for a living?

Project Manager for Civil Engineering Firm.
  7. How’d you pick your user name?

Old high school nickname.

Welcome aboard.

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: 4 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 5-Aw; KBS Tour-V 90 Stiff

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

Anyone want to join me at Monte's clinic in August in the Seattle area (Snohomish to be exact)?

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seattle-rebellion-golf-clinic-with-monte-scheinblum-tickets-139689359635

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Anyone want to join me at Monte's clinic in August in the Seattle area (Snohomish to be exact)?

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seattle-rebellion-golf-clinic-with-monte-scheinblum-tickets-139689359635

I would love to get in on this but my wife would lose her mind🤬 if I coughed up that kind of money for a golf clinic! 🤑

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: 4 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 5-Aw; KBS Tour-V 90 Stiff

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

3 minutes ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

I would love to get in on this but my wife would lose her mind🤬 if I coughed up that kind of money for a golf clinic! 🤑

Pretty sure i didn't tell my wife about it yet, but i signed up a while ago 😂

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

9 minutes ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Ditto for me. Maybe mgs can make this a testing opportunity? 

6 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Pretty sure i didn't tell my wife about it yet, but i signed up a while ago 😂

How does she handle all your clubs you order?

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

2 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

How does she handle all your clubs you order?

Doesn't know about ALL of the club orders, but generally doesn't care. 

Updated 07/15/2022

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I've thought about it, but I just did one in Orange County, CA last month.  I did the last one in Snohomish 2 years ago.  The clinics are great, but that location is not the best to get the full Monte (lol) experience.  The range is OK, but they have no course.  No bunker for sand shots; Monte went to Lowes and bought a few bags of sand; dumped them in a pile by the range.  The best part of Monte's 3 day clinic IMO is the 3rd day on the course.  He played with us; we all teed off, Monte would collect all the balls and head to a location where he would demonstrate a shot that he wanted us to perform, then critique.  Move on to the next hole.  It was a lot of fun!!  I hope this year he has found a course for the 3rd day.  If he does, he may save the bunker lesson for on-course instruction.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I've thought about it, but I just did one in Orange County, CA last month.  I did the last one in Snohomish 2 years ago.  The clinics are great, but that location is not the best to get the full Monte (lol) experience.  The range is OK, but they have no course.  No bunker for sand shots; Monte went to Lowes and bought a few bags of sand; dumped them in a pile by the range.  The best part of Monte's 3 day clinic IMO is the 3rd day on the course.  He played with us; we all teed off, Monte would collect all the balls and head to a location where he would demonstrate a shot that he wanted us to perform, then critique.  Move on to the next hole.  It was a lot of fun!!  I hope this year he has found a course for the 3rd day.  If he does, he may save the bunker lesson for on-course instruction.

Snohomish is close by my house. I told Monte we could play at Mill Creek CC (my home course) on the 3rd day. We have a practice bunker there that absolutely no one uses. 

Updated 07/15/2022

5 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Snohomish is close by my house. I told Monte we could play at Mill Creek CC (my home course) on the 3rd day. We have a practice bunker there that absolutely no one uses. 

You might have convinced me to sign up!!  It would have to be a last minute deal for me if he has an opening.  Lots going on the summer; trying to work a golf trip with @cksurfdude... maybe Tennessee.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hello, newbie checking in from Oregon. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I’ve played golf off and on for 10-15 years mainly with my dad while I was growing up. I’ve recently started getting back into the sport until I was sidetracked with foot/ankle surgery, but I’ll be back out on the course soon. When I keep legit track of my score I’m a high handicapper 30-40 as I’ve never really learned how to swing properly or took lessons, but that will change as I am learning how to do things properly. 

The challenge of trying to get better is what keeps me trying to progress through the sport. There is nothing like crushing a ball 300 yards with a driver then immediately slicing across 3 greens on the following tee. 

Being laid up and trying to get back into the game with training and resources 

3. Where are you from? What is your home course?

Im from Silvertob Oregon and I’m currently residing in Sandy, the local courses to me are mt view or green lea. Growing up and playing golf with my father, evergreen in my angel was the go to.

4. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

I would say the rain can be the worst thing with the weather being the best. It’s easy to run out an shoot a quick 9 after work and not be dying due to humidity or heat.

5. What do you do for a living?

Operations Manager for a large company.

6. How’d you pick your user name?

It’s condensed from my last name that’s stuck through out the years.

@Vibbs howdy from Medford.  Welcome!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Welcome to MGS @Vibbs!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Welcome to MGS Forums @Vibbs.  I'm 200 miles up the Columbia River, but originally grew up in Corvallis.  

Hope you get better soon... golf season is underway!!

Welcome @Vibbs

:cleveland-small: CG14 52°/56°/60° - KBS - Cleveland Traction Wedge Flex Steel Shafts 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm in the Bend area the week we were supposed to do the Bend courses get together.  I didn't cancel our reservations for the MH in Redmond.  Brought my clubs think that I'd get in at least a round a Juniper.  Maybe not.  We got here yesterday and it was windy and in the low 50s.  Got down to the low 30s last night and got up to the upper 50s this afternoon.  Still windy and we had about 10 minutes of pretty hard hail fall.  Supposed to see rain and continued colder days until Sunday.  Would have made for an interesting golf outing for the group!  🙂  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

15 hours ago, CarlH said:

Well, I'm in the Bend area the week we were supposed to do the Bend courses get together.  I didn't cancel our reservations for the MH in Redmond.  Brought my clubs think that I'd get in at least a round a Juniper.  Maybe not.  We got here yesterday and it was windy and in the low 50s.  Got down to the low 30s last night and got up to the upper 50s this afternoon.  Still windy and we had about 10 minutes of pretty hard hail fall.  Supposed to see rain and continued colder days until Sunday.  Would have made for an interesting golf outing for the group!  🙂  

Go checkout Meadow Lakes in Prineville (mid 60s this weekend with sun!) or Crooked River Ranch (same temps)

Those are a couple great tracks that my buddies and I play Oct-Jan. Typically Bend will be foggy/rainy/snowing but Prineville and Crooked River are sunny and mid 50s

Wish I could join you but we have friends in town this weekend.

Edited by Poiter

15 hours ago, CarlH said:

You aren't wrong about that. Golfing in 40's and 50's with hail and rain doesn't entirely fit my description of a vacation. 

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

16 hours ago, CarlH said:

I received an email from Pronghorn yesterday asking about our tee times no show.  I called them and have in my notes who I spoke with when I cancelled all of our times a few weeks ago... all good.  Hopefully the change in date and location will work our better weather wise.  Maybe Bend in 2022.... or fall 2021?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Hi. I live in Portland. I've been golfing for about 25 years. I took up the game after a friend give me a hard time because I always said golf was too expensive and she looked at my kayaks and commented about how much they must have cost. She had me. I started with an inexpensive set and over the years have used better and better clubs.

Currently I play with a set of Tom Wishon Golf clubs, a Ping driver and Odyssey O-line mallet putter. I love golf gear, and recently purchased Cleveland Frontline Elevado and Wilson Infinity Buckingham putters to put up against my Odyssey. It's not a fair fight.

I've been using golfgirl8350 since I took up the game. I was a lot younger then and thought the name was cute.

1 hour ago, Golfgirl8350 said:

Hi. I live in Portland. I've been golfing for about 25 years. I took up the game after a friend give me a hard time because I always said golf was too expensive and she looked at my kayaks and commented about how much they must have cost. She had me. I started with an inexpensive set and over the years have used better and better clubs.

Currently I play with a set of Tom Wishon Golf clubs, a Ping driver and Odyssey O-line mallet putter. I love golf gear, and recently purchased Cleveland Frontline Elevado and Wilson Infinity Buckingham putters to put up against my Odyssey. It's not a fair fight.

I've been using golfgirl8350 since I took up the game. I was a lot younger then and thought the name was cute.

Welcome from 200 miles up the Columbia River!  Glad you joined us!  Golf is only as expensive as you want it to be, and it's something you can do your entire life.

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I received an email from Pronghorn yesterday asking about our tee times no show.  I called them and have in my notes who I spoke with when I cancelled all of our times a few weeks ago... all good.  Hopefully the change in date and location will work our better weather wise.  Maybe Bend in 2022.... or fall 2021?

I received an email from Golf Moose today.  Great deals!  Usually they are for southern Oregon or around Portland.  @CarlH might be interested.  Today it was for Eagle Crest Resort.  Two rounds with a cart for one person @$109.  Good throughout 2021.  Have to join Golf Moose.

5 hours ago, Poiter said:

Go checkout Meadow Lakes in Prineville (mid 60s this weekend with sun!) or Crooked River Ranch (same temps)

Those are a couple great tracks that my buddies and I play Oct-Jan. Typically Bend will be foggy/rainy/snowing but Prineville and Crooked River are sunny and mid 50s

Wish I could join you but we have friends in town this weekend.

Actually, we drove my Meadow Lakes yesterday on the way to Painted Hills.  We're parked right next to Juniper, but I just don't feel like playing a solo round when it's windy.  Leaving Sunday, but if it's half way decent, I may slip over to play 9.

Welcome @Golfgirl8350

5 hours ago, Golfgirl8350 said:

Welcome to the boards! The Portland area is full of spys. And ummm, beer. I'm sure that isn't related. 

WITB:

7 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Welcome to the boards! The Portland area is full of spys. And ummm, beer. I'm sure that isn't related. 

I'm happy if there is a Mcmenamin's nearby.

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

I'm happy if there is a Mcmenamin's nearby.

Ahhh, Mcmenamin’s. I miss that place. Good beer, better food. 19th Street Cafe was a five minute walk for us when we lived on the University of Oregon campus. 

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH