TESTERS WANTED! ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I received an email from Golf Moose today.  Great deals!  Usually they are for southern Oregon or around Portland.  @CarlH might be interested.  Today it was for Eagle Crest Resort.  Two rounds with a cart for one person @$109.  Good throughout 2021.  Have to join Golf Moose.

Never heard of Golf Moose, Guess I'll be checking it out. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

6 hours ago, CarlH said:

Actually, we drove my Meadow Lakes yesterday on the way to Painted Hills.  We're parked right next to Juniper, but I just don't feel like playing a solo round when it's windy.  Leaving Sunday, but if it's half way decent, I may slip over to play 9.

Juniper is nice, but always windy. I'll Meadow Lakes, less expensive and in my opinion a better course. Although that is the course where my 7 iron went flying into the river on 18. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

9 hours ago, Golfgirl8350 said:

Hi. I live in Portland. I've been golfing for about 25 years. I took up the game after a friend give me a hard time because I always said golf was too expensive and she looked at my kayaks and commented about how much they must have cost. She had me. I started with an inexpensive set and over the years have used better and better clubs.

Currently I play with a set of Tom Wishon Golf clubs, a Ping driver and Odyssey O-line mallet putter. I love golf gear, and recently purchased Cleveland Frontline Elevado and Wilson Infinity Buckingham putters to put up against my Odyssey. It's not a fair fight.

I've been using golfgirl8350 since I took up the game. I was a lot younger then and thought the name was cute.

Welcome in, Where do you normally play? 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

Welcome aboard @Golfgirl8350

On 5/21/2021 at 5:08 PM, BKordon said:

Ahhh, Mcmenamin’s. I miss that place. Good beer, better food. 19th Street Cafe was a five minute walk for us when we lived on the University of Oregon campus. 

We've got a great McMenamins here in Bothell, WA!

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: 4 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 5-Aw; KBS Tour-V 90 Stiff

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

On 5/24/2021 at 8:55 AM, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Welcome aboard @Golfgirl8350

We've got a great McMenamins here in Bothell, WA!

Yes, indeed!  We spent the night there a few years ago.  My wife's nephew was manager of one of the pubs on site.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've never been to a McMenamin's. But I do comment on the boat one  somewhere in south western Washington along I5 every time we drive to Portland. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

5 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I've never been to a McMenamin's. But I do comment on the boat one  somewhere in south western Washington along I5 every time we drive to Portland. 

I have not been to that one...yet.  I see it every time we drive down that way and always say 'We should try that one out.'  I'm sure its just as nice as the others.

1.    How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
I’ve been playing since around 1988.  I’m just an 18 handicap but feel like I’m on the verge of playing some great golf.  Of course, I’ve felt like that for years.  I actually had a 13 handicap for a short while after having the round of my life, then the USGA handicap system penalized me for being 7+ shots better than normal and dropped my handicap to 13.  I'm back to an 18 now, but hope to legitimately be a 13 again some day.

2.    What do you love about golf?
I like taking long walks on the beach and through the woods, as long as I have a shot to the green!

3.    What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
I don’t know any other spies, but like the forum.

4.    Where are you from? What is your home course?
I’m from the Pacific Northwest, then joined the Air Force for 22 years and moved all round the world.  I finally retired and moved back home.  Me and some guys from work spend way too much time at Madrona Links in Gig Harbor.

5.    What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
You can play year round, as long as you don’t mind getting wet and muddy.

6.    What do you do for a living?
IT Manager for a local company

7.    How’d you pick your user name?
I’ve been a Corvette nut since kindergarten, I’m a veteran, and my name is Ron (VetteRon)

Growing up, my parents played a little golf.  I remember watching them hit wiffle balls in the front yard thinking what a stupid game.  Then around 1988 when on leave from the Air Force my best friend from high school suggested we go golfing.  My first Tee shot hit a house, so I reloaded and hit their car.  I've been addicted ever since.

I almost forgot, I finished making a backyard putting green recently.  I'll post some pictures in another post.

Edited by VetteRon

Callaway Epic Flash Driver, Ping G410 irons, worn out ball retriever.

20 minutes ago, VetteRon said:

1.    How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
I’ve been playing since around 1988.  I’m just an 18 handicap but feel like I’m on the verge of playing some great golf.  Of course, I’ve felt like that for years.  I actually had a 13 handicap for a short while after having the round of my life, then the USGA handicap system penalized me for being 7+ shots better than normal and dropped my handicap to 13.  I'm back to an 18 now, but hope to legitimately be a 13 again some day.

I like taking long walks on the beach and through the woods, as long as I have a shot to the green!

I’m from the Pacific Northwest, then joined the Air Force for 22 years and moved all round the world.  I finally retired and moved back home.  Me and some guys from work spend way too much time at Madrona Links in Gig Harbor.

I’ve been a Corvette nut since kindergarten, I’m a veteran, and my name is Ron (VetteRon)

Growing up, my parents played a little golf.  I remember watching them hit wiffle balls in the front yard thinking what a stupid game.  Then around 1988 when on leave from the Air Force my best friend from high school suggested we go golfing.  My first Tee shot hit a house, so I reloaded and hit their car.  I've been addicted ever since.

I almost forgot, I finished making a backyard putting green recently.  I'll post some pictures in another post.

That first round story 😂

Welcome to MGS!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

4 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

That first round story 😂

Welcome to MGS!

Hey buddy, I had an eagle today on 18. Have you found yours1079877168_Screenshot_20200821-152318_VideoEditor.jpg.a977252d3bb6375628326ee786038162.jpg yet? 

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

4 hours ago, VetteRon said:

Welcome to the forums!!  Glad you joined us, and thank you for your service!! 

I believe my wife and I played Madrona Links many years ago with friends who lived in Seattle.  I think it was 2013, the year before I had my right knee replaced.  We arrived at the course and looking at the holes near the clubhouse, it looked fairly flat so we decided to walk since our friends were walking.  I had to get a cart at the turn... so many fairways that sloped one way or the other; hard for me to walk on my bum knee. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Thin2win said:

Hey buddy, I had an eagle today on 18. Have you found yours1079877168_Screenshot_20200821-152318_VideoEditor.jpg.a977252d3bb6375628326ee786038162.jpg yet? 

That’s a low blow! 😂

I’ll change my profile pic once I do though...

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

16 hours ago, VetteRon said:

Welcome aboard zoomie! 👨‍✈️  Marine here, had to show you some 'love'.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 8:39 PM, JFish350 said:

Juniper is nice, but always windy. I'll Meadow Lakes, less expensive and in my opinion a better course. Although that is the course where my 7 iron went flying into the river on 18. 

As someone who spent a good amount of time in Central Oregon I can confirm that Meadow Lakes in great. Probably in my personal top 5 for most fun courses to play over their

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

3 hours ago, DPattGolf said:

As someone who spent a good amount of time in Central Oregon I can confirm that Meadow Lakes in great. Probably in my personal top 5 for most fun courses to play over their

Hi DPatt,

It's been awhile since I have seen a post from you. Didn't you take a new job recently at a different course? Hope things are going well. I am getting ready to retire in September and we are planning on traveling to the Pacific Northwest in the near future. I may contact you and get some guidance on some good golf.

Best,

Keith 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

13 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Hi DPatt,

It's been awhile since I have seen a post from you. Didn't you take a new job recently at a different course? Hope things are going well. I am getting ready to retire in September and we are planning on traveling to the Pacific Northwest in the near future. I may contact you and get some guidance on some good golf.

Best,

Keith 

Yea it has been a little bit. Working on getting active again. I am at a Private course in the Portland/Vancouver area now but things have been great. 

There is tons of get golf in the PNW and I’m glad to help out where I can!

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

8 hours ago, GaDawg said:

Hi DPatt,

Best,

Keith 

Yes, come on up. I'm spending this week golfing in the Spokane area with @Kenny B his wife and @fixyurdivot

WITB:

Well all you so called PNW Spies. You missed a great time in golfing in the Spokane area last week. @fixyurdivot and @Kenny B , his wife and I spent 5 great days golfing. We hit up, Meadow Wood(one of the best values I've ever played in golf), Circling Raven(spectacular in every sense), Indian Canyon(not my cup of tea), Chewelah(its out there, but its pretty), Qualchan(narrow and gimmicky at times), and Liberty Lake(pretty standard muni). 

The shot of the week probably goes to Kenny's wife, who bladed her approach from about 140y out on #15 at Qualchan. However, that bladed ball bounded and bounced down the fairway with vigor, hopped up on the green and drilled the flagstick straight on to drop for an eagle. 

@fixyurdivot switched to the left hand low putting technique in the middle of the trip and might not look back. And if anyone needs a lesson on how to chip and putt, @Kenny B is the best I have ever seen around the greens. His up/down % is tour caliber. We ate well, golfed a lot and had a good time. Really do hope to see more of you at the next iteration of this meetup.  

WITB:

43 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Well all you so called PNW Spies. You missed a great time in golfing in the Spokane area last week. @fixyurdivot and @Kenny B , his wife and I spent 5 great days golfing. We hit up, Meadow Wood(one of the best values I've ever played in golf), Circling Raven(spectacular in every sense), Indian Canyon(not my cup of tea), Chewelah(its out there, but its pretty), Qualchan(narrow and gimmicky at times), and Liberty Lake(pretty standard muni). 

The shot of the week probably goes to Kenny's wife, who bladed her approach from about 140y out on #15 at Qualchan. However, that bladed ball bounded and bounced down the fairway with vigor, hopped up on the green and drilled the flagstick straight on to drop for an eagle. 

@fixyurdivot switched to the left hand low putting technique in the middle of the trip and might not look back. And if anyone needs a lesson on how to chip and putt, @Kenny B is the best I have ever seen around the greens. His up/down % is tour caliber. We ate well, golfed a lot and had a good time. Really do hope to see more of you at the next iteration of this meetup.  

Thanks Chris!  It was certainly a treat watching you pump your driver... out there, and the high approach shots to the green is a great recipe for your rounds in the 70's.  

I've watched the tour players chip and putt, and I'm not even close!  However, I will say that because I'm distance challenged, (unlike you and Bill), I have to have a reasonable short game.  I'm glad to be home on familiar greens; 5 courses with 5 different green conditions and speeds really plays havoc with up and downs.  I played Sunday at home... shot a fairly average for me 82, but had 26 putts... so good to be home!!!

When you get moved and things settle down, give me a call.  I'm only 2.5 hours away!!

I'm looking forward to another outing next year.  I would certainly like to meet more Spys in this great Pacific Northwest.  

Does anyone want to do a Western Washington round together? Nothing formal, just a single round. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2021 at 4:36 PM, dlow206 said:

Does anyone want to do a Western Washington round together? Nothing formal, just a single round. 

Depending on the date I could be down for this

On 6/14/2021 at 4:36 PM, dlow206 said:

7 hours ago, DPattGolf said:

Depending on the date I could be down for this

I could be interested.  Too bad @Thin2win is moving to Spokane area.

Depends on where and when. I don't mind driving a couple hours

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

Hello, my name is Ethan hope everyone is doing well. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   I have been playing golf off and on since I was about 5Normal score or handicap is unknown at the time as I have just come back from a long hiatus. Before I left my hadicap hovered between 8-12 but I am nowhere near that now.

2. What do you love about golf? I really like playing golf because it is relaxing and fun to me.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I found MyGolfSpy because I was searching for new irons and came across the site.  Nope.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Kennewick,WA, typically I would play Columbia Point or Canyon Lakes golf courses. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing about golf in my region is that there is rarely rain. Worst is HEAT this last week it was around 118 degrees.

6. What do you do for a living? I am a Substation Operator. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? My name and favorite number.

• Driver: Taylormade Stealth 9* 
  • Woods: Cobra LTDx 14.5*
  • Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 3 Hybrid
  • Irons: Taylormade P770 4-PW
  • Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 60* and 56*, SM8 50*
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select 1.5

@Ethan21, Welcome from the Wet side of the state... @Kenny B, lives in Tri-cities also, and I think he plays Columbia Point you might try to get in touch with him. Anyhow, welcome hope you enjoy out little world.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

32 minutes ago, Reesedw said:

@Ethan21, Welcome from the Wet side of the state... @Kenny B, lives in Tri-cities also, and I think he plays Columbia Point you might try to get in touch with him. Anyhow, welcome hope you enjoy out little world.. 

Thank you! I will try to do that. This place seems great already... TONS of info on here.

23 hours ago, Ethan21 said:

Hello, my name is Ethan hope everyone is doing well. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   I have been playing golf off and on since I was about 5Normal score or handicap is unknown at the time as I have just come back from a long hiatus. Before I left my hadicap hovered between 8-12 but I am nowhere near that now.

2. What do you love about golf? I really like playing golf because it is relaxing and fun to me.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I found MyGolfSpy because I was searching for new irons and came across the site.  Nope.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Kennewick,WA, typically I would play Columbia Point or Canyon Lakes golf courses. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing about golf in my region is that there is rarely rain. Worst is HEAT this last week it was around 118 degrees.

6. What do you do for a living? I am a Substation Operator. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? My name and favorite number.

Welcome Ethan!!  Glad you joined us.  Shoot me a PM if you want to play.  I'm a member at Columbia Point and can play anytime... retired!!  

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome Ethan!!  Glad you joined us.  Shoot me a PM if you want to play.  I'm a member at Columbia Point and can play anytime... retired!!  

I will do that, I am not a member there but it is my favorite course in the TriCities so far. 

4 hours ago, Ethan21 said:

I will do that, I am not a member there but it is my favorite course in the TriCities so far. 

Just beware when golfing with @Kenny Bhe has jedi skills around the green. He also refuses to look at the ball when putting which is pretty next level. 

WITB:

12 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Just beware when golfing with @Kenny Bhe has jedi skills around the green. He also refuses to look at the ball when putting which is pretty next level. 

Oh great I'll be learning alot then... a personal yoda maybe? 😂