TESTERS WANTED! ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

11 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Just beware when golfing with @Kenny Bhe has jedi skills around the green. He also refuses to look at the ball when putting which is pretty next level. 

@Ethan21  This is coming from someone who makes every putt on greens he's never played before.  

I can't look at the ball when I make a putting stroke.  I don't remember how far the ball is from the hole, and I look up before I make contact.  Bad move!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

13 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

@Ethan21  This is coming from someone who makes every putt on greens he's never played before.  

I can't look at the ball when I make a putting stroke.  I don't remember how far the ball is from the hole, and I look up before I make contact.  Bad move!!

I will still be taking lessons! Is @Thin2winin the area as well?

• Driver: Taylormade Stealth 9* 
  • Woods: Cobra LTDx 14.5*
  • Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 3 Hybrid
  • Irons: Taylormade P770 4-PW
  • Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 60* and 56*, SM8 50*
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select 1.5

5 minutes ago, Ethan21 said:

I will still be taking lessons! Is @Thin2winin the area as well?

He was over north of Seattle, but is buying a house on the north side of Spokane.  For the past 2 years my wife and I have played with Chris and Bill @fixyurdivot in the Spokane area.  Last month we played 5 days:  MeadowWood in Liberty Lake, Circling Raven on the south end of Lake Coeur d'Alene, Indian Canyon and Qualchen in Spokane, and Chewela north of Spokane.

@Thin2win Chris... have you moved yet??

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just now, Kenny B said:

He was over north of Seattle, but is buying a house on the north side of Spokane.  For the past 2 years my wife and I have played with Chris and Bill @fixyurdivot in the Spokane area.  Last month we played 5 days:  MeadowWood in Liberty Lake, Circling Raven on the south end of Lake Coeur d'Alene, Indian Canyon and Qualchen in Spokane, and Chewela north of Spokane.

Thats awesome I have heard of Circling Raven and would like to play one day, the closest I have even been to that area would be Gamble Sands and its still a pretty good ways away. Spokane is a pretty area and probably alot less busy than Seattle.

12 minutes ago, Ethan21 said:

Thats awesome I have heard of Circling Raven and would like to play one day, the closest I have even been to that area would be Gamble Sands and its still a pretty good ways away. Spokane is a pretty area and probably alot less busy than Seattle.

All of the Spokane area courses are nice; more trees than we are used to here.  Circling Raven is an excellent course.  Love it.  The ladies Symetra Tour is playing there at the end of August.

We played Gamble Sands a few years ago, and I would go back again

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

All of the Spokane area courses are nice; more trees than we are used to here.  Circling Raven is an excellent course.  Love it.  The ladies Symetra Tour is playing there at the end of August.

We played Gamble Sands a few years ago, and I would go back again

I played gamble sands before they had riding carts when they first opened up, it was nice and not busy at all. From my grandparents house I can see the course. I definately would go back again.

15 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Moving to Spokane on the 3rd of August. Looking forward to finding a new home course, must be OneWheel Friendly(looking at you angrily Qualchan). Hoping that Wandermere has a friendly policy and I can play there. Buy if not... Meadowood was really nice, really inexpensive and friendly. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

1 hour ago, Thin2win said:

Moving to Spokane on the 3rd of August. Looking forward to finding a new home course, must be OneWheel Friendly(looking at you angrily Qualchan). Hoping that Wandermere has a friendly policy and I can play there. Buy if not... Meadowood was really nice, really inexpensive and friendly. 

Your home sell/buy/move reminds me of my journey for new irons 😐.  Latest update is that all components will be on hand this coming week.  Glad to hear you finally have a firm date. 👍

#freetheoneboards

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I remember Wandermere being pretty laid back compared to Indian Canyon and Qualchan.  The elevation changes seemed to be rather gradual.  

However, the restriction might be a city course thing.  MeadowWood, Liberty Lake, and Latah (Hangman) are county courses.  

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Your home sell/buy/move reminds me of my journey for new irons 😐.  Latest update is that all components will be on hand this coming week.  Glad to hear you finally have a firm date. 👍

#freetheoneboards

too bad they sent you a left handed set.

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

2 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

too bad they sent you a left handed set.

Oh hell, don't even joke about that possibility 😬.  LMAO, your post made me go look at my order... I entered it correctly 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I'm Kyle, new to the forum.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Started playing in college about 5 years ago. Currently an 11 handicap, haven't been putting well.
  2. What do you love about golf? The most frustrating sport on the planet, I love it!
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Been a lurker for a long time.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Gig Harbor, WA. I play at a local club.
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Rain.
  6. What do you do for a living? Accounting.
  7. How’d you pick your user name? Same username I have used for everything since I was 10.

:mizuno-small: ST-Z, 10.5, Fujikura Motore X F3

:titelist-small: 913 F-d, 15, Aldila RIP Phenom 80

:titelist-small: U510 , 18, HZRDUS Smoke 80

:mizuno-small: MP-20 MMC, 4-PW, Project X 6.0

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7, 50, 54, 60

Axis1 Putter

Welcome to the forum @KODO26

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Hi MYGS

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing since I was 6 or 7. Lowest cap was a 4.2 currently playing to a 7

2. What do you love about golf? Absolutely everything. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? This is the #1 spot for anything golf equipment related

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? PNW - North Bellingham 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - Number of courses & price point Worst - 6-9 month season

6. What do you do for a living? Brokerage 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Last name nick name 

image.jpeg.bb308cee38edee968f47f88c61d14230.jpeg

image.jpeg.500eebee2120103be7aa912f8c4cd5ab.jpeg

image.jpeg.539a3c50aa9f7a559947dfef52fde884.jpeg

Tour Edge Woods 

Titelist Irons & wedges

3 putting with the scotty

Straight stingers with you Sub 70 utility

ball = Snell MTBX

19 minutes ago, KODO26 said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Started playing in college about 5 years ago. Currently an 11 handicap, haven't been putting well.
  2. What do you love about golf? The most frustrating sport on the planet, I love it!
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Been a lurker for a long time.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Gig Harbor, WA. I play at a local club.
  7. How’d you pick your user name? Same username I have used for everything since I was 10.

Welcome from another newbie!

17 minutes ago, Lowcapsonly said:

Hi MYGS

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing since I was 6 or 7. Lowest cap was a 4.2 currently playing to a 7

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? This is the #1 spot for anything golf equipment related

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - Number of courses & price point Worst - 6-9 month season

Hey all!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing for about a year now and my handicap is sitting at about ~20.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the science behind the equipment and the swing. Also love the scenery that you can enjoy while on a great course.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've seen a lot of review sites and MGS seemed the least biased and it's been my go-to for reviews/release notes.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from WA and my home course is Harbour Pointe GC.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is the view but the worst thing is the unpredictable weather.

6. What do you do for a living? I work in Marketing for big tech!

7. How’d you pick your user name? Don't remember honestly. I just always used the same name.

• Driver: Cobra King F9 Driver 10.5
  • 3 Wood: SIM2 MAX HL 16.5 
  • 5 Wood: SIM2 MAX 18
  • 4 Hybrid: Cobra King F9 21
  • Irons: Mizuno JPX-921 5-GW
  • Wedges: Taylormade Milled Grind 54/58
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

3 hours ago, KODO26 said:

Welcome Kyle!!  I'm in eastern Washington about 250 miles from you on the Columbia River.  

I played the course at Gig Harbor once with some friends who live in Seattle.  They were walking and I was recovering from a sprained ankle.  I looked out the clubhouse window and the course looked fairly flat, so I thought I would try walking.  Big Mistake!!  It seemed like every hole on the front nine had a severe slope from one side to the other.  Walking hurt... so I got a cart at the turn!!

3 hours ago, Lowcapsonly said:

Hi MYGS

Welcome to the forums!  Beautiful area!  I think you are about as far away from me as you can get and still be in Washington!!  

1 hour ago, ooojonooo said:

Hey all!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing for about a year now and my handicap is sitting at about ~20.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the science behind the equipment and the swing. Also love the scenery that you can enjoy while on a great course.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've seen a lot of review sites and MGS seemed the least biased and it's been my go-to for reviews/release notes.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from WA and my home course is Harbour Pointe GC.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is the view but the worst thing is the unpredictable weather.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Don't remember honestly. I just always used the same name.

Welcome to the forums!!  Glad you joined us.  Yes, it's a little wet for me on the west side of the Cascades, but then right now it's a little hot for me over here!!

9 hours ago, KODO26 said:

Welcome to the forums, it's a happy place here. 

WITB:

9 hours ago, Lowcapsonly said:

Hi MYGS

Welcome to the boards, I've played north Bellingham with @gavinski91the on occasion, I've lived in Mount Vernon the last 7 years, but as of Tuesday I'll be living in Spokane

WITB:

Been playing golf since I was about 10 years old. Played junior golf and some in college at what is now known Loyola University Maryland back in the 90s. Didn't play much once I got out of college - life, work, kids, living in cities like New York, DC and Baltimore made it hard to get out.  

I'm a 2 handicap, so I can shoot at or around par on a good day, but typically mid to high 70s.

What I love about golf is summed up in this Arnold Palmer quote: "Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."

I've been a reader of MyGolfSpy for years but never participated in the forums. Interested to hear what tournaments other good players are playing in, as well as get nerdy about equipment.

I live on Bainbridge Island near Seattle and I'm a member at Wing Point Country Club. It's funny how life is kind of full circle. I grew up in Wichita, KS on Tallgrass Country Club and was out there almost every day with the driving range and chipping green basically in my backyard and now I'm back in similar situation, living right on the course on Bainbridge.

The best thing about golf in the Pacific Northwest is that most of the courses have beautiful views and you can play year round. The worst thing are the trees are too tall! 🙂 It's rare you have an option to go over the trees, it's got to be through or around.

I'm a co-founder of a company I hope some of you have heard of, Spark Golf. We run 9-hole recreational, social golf leagues at public golf courses on weekday evenings. I'm a tech guy so I build the website and the mobile app. Would love to hear what you think if you've tried it out!

My user name is pjb3, which is what I try to use as my handle on all websites/apps. My full name is Paul John Barry III, so it's based on that.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9.0, Fujikura Speeder Pro 74 X-Flex
Fairway: Titleist TS3 15.0, Fujikura Speeder Pro 74 X-Flex
Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 19.0, Diamana D+ Hyrbid 100 X-Flex
4 iron: Titleist AP3, Aerotech SteelFiber i100cw X-Flex
5-9 irons: Titleist 620 MB, ProjectX 6.5
Wedges: 46.10F Titleist SM7, ProjectX 6.0, Tour Chrome, 52.08F Titleist SM7, ProjectX 6.0, Slate Blue, 56.14F Titleist SM7, ProjectX 6.0, Brushed Steel, 60.04L Titleist SM7, ProjectX 6.0, Jet Black
Putter: Scott Cameron Select Newport 2, 35"

7 hours ago, ooojonooo said:

Hey all!

Harbour point, now that is a course that can steal a golf ball. I lived right by Paine field at one point in life, played there a lot. Welcome to the boards. 

WITB:

47 minutes ago, pjb3 said:

Been playing golf since I was about 10 years old. Played junior golf and some in college at what is now known Loyola University Maryland back in the 90s. Didn't play much once I got out of college - life, work, kids, living in cities like New York, DC and Baltimore made it hard to get out.  

I'm a 2 handicap, so I can shoot at or around par on a good day, but typically mid to high 70s.

What I love about golf is summed up in this Arnold Palmer quote: "Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."

I've been a reader of MyGolfSpy for years but never participated in the forums. Interested to hear what tournaments other good players are playing in, as well as get nerdy about equipment.

I live on Bainbridge Island near Seattle and I'm a member at Wing Point Country Club. It's funny how life is kind of full circle. I grew up in Wichita, KS on Tallgrass Country Club and was out there almost every day with the driving range and chipping green basically in my backyard and now I'm back in similar situation, living right on the course on Bainbridge.

The best thing about golf in the Pacific Northwest is that most of the courses have beautiful views and you can play year round. The worst thing are the trees are too tall! 🙂 It's rare you have an option to go over the trees, it's got to be through or around.

I'm a co-founder of a company I hope some of you have heard of, Spark Golf. We run 9-hole recreational, social golf leagues at public golf courses on weekday evenings. I'm a tech guy so I build the website and the mobile app. Would love to hear what you think if you've tried it out!

My user name is pjb3, which is what I try to use as my handle on all websites/apps. My full name is Paul John Barry III, so it's based on that.

Welcome to the forums!!  It's beautiful over there, but too wet for me.  Moved to the dry side of Washington from western Oregon 52 years ago.

9 hours ago, ooojonooo said:

Hey all!

1 hour ago, pjb3 said:

Welcome!

On 7/30/2021 at 10:28 AM, ooojonooo said:

Hey all!

Welcome, i am close by, over in Bothell. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

On 7/30/2021 at 8:40 AM, KODO26 said:

From a fellow Washingtonian and former Accountant, Welcome to MGS!

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Hello, I'm Morgan.  I've actually been on the site for about 6 months, but until now never noticed the forums and mostly was reading reviews and chasing testing spots.  I started golf about 20 years ago when I bought my first box set of Wilson X-31 Tour clubs (mid Wilson/Wilson Staff rebranding, but unable to track down the exact model/year/specs).  This was mostly to hit at the range during lunch and a few games a year.  Only played every so often until about a year and a half ago when I started playing rounds 1-2 times a week.  I've gone from hitting over 140 to now trying to break 110.  Still not good, but getting better.

Golf has so much to love (and hate).  I love being competative but mostly against myself.  Always something to work, train, discover.  The feeling of that sweet sweet hit.  Being outdoors. The sheer geekdom of it.  

I live in Portland.  I mostly play at Glendoveer because of the PDP program there.  Makes things much more cost effective when playing most weekends.  Free range balls can't be beat, and carts included in the greens fees is a big plus too.  I usually shoot 112 there, but feel like <100 is coming soon.  Back allowing of course.  

Golf here is glorious.  Lots of good scenery, fair weather most of the year, a mix of easy and cheap courses along with some really great ones.

For work, I run an event services company that supports the technical aspect of conferences and large meetings.  This would have me traveling under normal times, and am hoping for in person events soon so I can play world wide.  It's all be virtual for the last 15 months, but that lets me play more often here!

The choice of nick name was more a reflection of the playing conditions when I signed up.  Winter golf here usually means soggy soil.  We didn't quit all winter, except when the courses were closed after a storm.  I have a good tendency of finding the wettest, softest spot every hit.  I needed two towels most days.  After a while, you just let the mud fly.

Nice to meet you all!

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!