TESTERS WANTED! ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

2 hours ago, Mr. Mushball said:

Hello, I'm Morgan.  I've actually been on the site for about 6 months, but until now never noticed the forums and mostly was reading reviews and chasing testing spots.  I started golf about 20 years ago when I bought my first box set of Wilson X-31 Tour clubs (mid Wilson/Wilson Staff rebranding, but unable to track down the exact model/year/specs).  This was mostly to hit at the range during lunch and a few games a year.  Only played every so often until about a year and a half ago when I started playing rounds 1-2 times a week.  I've gone from hitting over 140 to now trying to break 110.  Still not good, but getting better.

Golf has so much to love (and hate).  I love being competative but mostly against myself.  Always something to work, train, discover.  The feeling of that sweet sweet hit.  Being outdoors. The sheer geekdom of it.  

I live in Portland.  I mostly play at Glendoveer because of the PDP program there.  Makes things much more cost effective when playing most weekends.  Free range balls can't be beat, and carts included in the greens fees is a big plus too.  I usually shoot 112 there, but feel like <100 is coming soon.  Back allowing of course.  

Golf here is glorious.  Lots of good scenery, fair weather most of the year, a mix of easy and cheap courses along with some really great ones.

For work, I run an event services company that supports the technical aspect of conferences and large meetings.  This would have me traveling under normal times, and am hoping for in person events soon so I can play world wide.  It's all be virtual for the last 15 months, but that lets me play more often here!

The choice of nick name was more a reflection of the playing conditions when I signed up.  Winter golf here usually means soggy soil.  We didn't quit all winter, except when the courses were closed after a storm.  I have a good tendency of finding the wettest, softest spot every hit.  I needed two towels most days.  After a while, you just let the mud fly.

Nice to meet you all!

Welcome to the forums Morgan!  Glad you joined us.  Lots of great guys here in the PNW; several in the Portland area.  I'm 200 miles up the Columbia River.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

WOW, my apologies for not welcoming you all sooner.. @ooojonooo, @pjb3, @Lowcapsonly, @Mr. Mushball.. I am from the Monroe area.. Welcome, make yourself at home, enjoy a beer, BUT please cleanup and refill the fridge.. Hope you enjoy it here as much as the rest of us.. WELCOME.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Nice. My mom lives up in Carnation.  I've only ever played at Twin Rivers in Preston around that area, what else is there down the valley?

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

On 8/2/2021 at 6:26 PM, Mr. Mushball said:

I live in Portland.  I mostly play at Glendoveer

Welcome to the site Morgan!  I live in Houston, TX now, but lived in Vancouver, WA for 20 years up to a few years back.  I was a member at Glendoveer years back, then moved out to Stone Creek.  There is no shortage of great courses in the Portland Area.  My favorite was The Reserve.  Private course with 36 holes, but they alternate the two courses between public and private, so you can have a chance to play it.  Way back, Peter Jacobsen hosted the Fred Meyer tourney there.  Great course for a once a year (or more) treat.  But the public courses around the area are incredible.  Heron Lakes, Eastmoreland, Glendoveer, Rose City, Broadmoor, on and on... not to mention Pumpkin Ridge.   I miss the NW!  Glad the golf bug has bitten you, and you are enjoying the game.  Good luck on getting that first round in the 90's!!  Tim.

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

15 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

But the public courses around the area are incredible.  Heron Lakes, Eastmoreland, Glendoveer, Rose City, Broadmoor, on and on... not to mention Pumpkin Ridge.   I miss the NW! 

Unfortunately, Broadmoor closed down in November last year.  I got to play it in October before they closed.  I live walking distance from where it was.

Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

On 8/4/2021 at 6:08 AM, Mr. Mushball said:

Nice. My mom lives up in Carnation.  I've only ever played at Twin Rivers in Preston around that area, what else is there down the valley?

Mt SI is right there as is Blue heron.. both a pretty good course.. Blue Heron is a little rough in places but is usually easy to get on and will test you for sure.. it is very fun to play.. 

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

• 1 month later...

Joined The Grint as a Handicap member.  It's forcing me to be quite a bit more honest about my game in getting an index established.  This is really showing up some major weak spots, and they aren't quite where I expected them to be.  I still use my ShotScope v3 for data collection and is super helpful, but it's not great at keeping accurate score.  18Birdies is a great app that I like much better than The Grint, but doesn't give me a handicap.

Is there a good option out there to marry the two features of App plus GPS tags and submit for handicap better that what I'm currently using?

Played Cross Creek in Dallas, OR this weekend, ashamed to say what the count was. 😅  Beautiful day though!

• 2 weeks later...

I think I need to start a gofundme plea.  I'm going down to SF next month and sure enough Pebble Beach has an opening when I'm there.  Lend me a few Benjamins?

On 9/6/2021 at 10:51 AM, Mr. Mushball said:

Joined The Grint as a Handicap member.  It's forcing me to be quite a bit more honest about my game in getting an index established.  This is really showing up some major weak spots, and they aren't quite where I expected them to be.  I still use my ShotScope v3 for data collection and is super helpful, but it's not great at keeping accurate score.  18Birdies is a great app that I like much better than The Grint, but doesn't give me a handicap.

Is there a good option out there to marry the two features of App plus GPS tags and submit for handicap better that what I'm currently using?

Played Cross Creek in Dallas, OR this weekend, ashamed to say what the count was. 😅  Beautiful day though!

Played Cross Creek several times.  First time it was 9 holes, then after the second nine holes was added.  My mom and dad lived just south of Monmouth on the old Hwy 99.  It's fun, but I preferred to play at Salem GC.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone! Following the rules:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I first started dabbling in golf about 20 years ago. Got serious about 5 years ago. Briefly got my handicap down to a 5.4 but these days it hangs out between 10-12. I've turned into a certified equipment nerd in the last couple of years. I have multiple driver shafts that I switch between and different iron/hybrid and wedge combos that I switch out depending on turf conditions and time of year.

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside, the camaraderie of like-minded folks, the pleasure of hitting a pure shot, the constant learning, club tinkering

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been coming to the site for years for reviews and articles

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Moved to the Portland metro area 9 years ago after 20 years in Austin. I play most often at The Reserve in Aloha, OR

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: winter golf; Worst: winter golf

6. What do you do for a living? Engineer at a tech company

Edited by Loki659

Driver: :callaway-small: Mavrik 9° head with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60g shaft

Driver: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 9° head with Ventus Blue 5S shaft

UDI: :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron with Mitsubishi Diamana HY90 Thump shaft

Fairways: :callaway-small: Mavrik 3w and 5w with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70g shafts

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 20° and 23° with KBS Tour HYB shafts

Irons: :srixon-small: Z785 3-PW with N.S Pro Modus3 120 shafts

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM7 50-12 F grind, SM8 54-12 D grind, SM8 54-10 S grind, SM8 58-12 D grind, :cleveland-small: ZipCore 60-10 Mid, Callaway MD5 Jaws 60-10 S grind

Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G B60 33.5" with Super Stroke Pistol GT Tour grip

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1

8 hours ago, Loki659 said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I first started dabbling in golf about 20 years ago. Got serious about 5 years ago. Briefly got my handicap down to a 5.4 but these days it hangs out between 10-12. I've turned into a certified equipment nerd in the last couple of years. I have multiple driver shafts that I switch between and different iron/hybrid and wedge combos that I switch out depending on turf conditions and time of year.

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside, the camaraderie of like-minded folks, the pleasure of hitting a pure shot, the constant learning, club tinkering

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been coming to the site for years for reviews and articles

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Moved to the Portland metro area 9 years ago after 20 years in Austin. I play most often at The Reserve in Aloha, OR

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: winter golf; Worst: winter golf

Welcome neighbor!  I grew up in Corvallis, but spent the last 53 years 200 miles up the Columbia River in SE Washington.  There are several players here on the forum in your area.  Maybe you can hook up for a game.  @rbsiedsc ... Randy is a great dude that tinkers with equipment.  

8 hours ago, Loki659 said:

Dude I In the area. The reserve and meriwether National are the closest courses to me. As @Kenny Bmentioned we should meet up. I too am an engineer at a tech company but am switching roles at the end of month. Many spies here. @twyatt700is always up for a round. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Thank you both for the welcome! @rbsiedsc I play Meriwether pretty regularly as well. That would be great to get out and play with others in the area.

Driver: :callaway-small: Mavrik 9° head with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60g shaft

Driver: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 9° head with Ventus Blue 5S shaft

UDI: :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron with Mitsubishi Diamana HY90 Thump shaft

Fairways: :callaway-small: Mavrik 3w and 5w with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70g shafts

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 20° and 23° with KBS Tour HYB shafts

Irons: :srixon-small: Z785 3-PW with N.S Pro Modus3 120 shafts

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM7 50-12 F grind, SM8 54-12 D grind, SM8 54-10 S grind, SM8 58-12 D grind, :cleveland-small: ZipCore 60-10 Mid, Callaway MD5 Jaws 60-10 S grind

Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G B60 33.5" with Super Stroke Pistol GT Tour grip

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1

All you Portland Spies never want to meet up with @Kenny B @fixyurdivot and I. I don't trust the lot of you 😃

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Welcome to the area. I’ve only been in OR 14 years. Transplant from AZ via Wis. 

meriweather is nice course my likes to go to not only for price but it’s a little more laid back than Some courses and easier for her to play. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

1 hour ago, JFish350 said:

Welcome to the area. I’ve only been in OR 14 years. Transplant from AZ via Wis. 

meriweather is nice course my likes to go to not only for price but it’s a little more laid back than Some courses and easier for her to play. 

Dude  no idea you were from WI?  What part?

18 hours ago, Thin2win said:

All you Portland Spies never want to meet up with @Kenny B @fixyurdivot and I. I don't trust the lot of you 😃

I woulda had the bend trip still happened

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

5 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

Dude  no idea you were from WI?  What part

Up near Superior, out in the sticks. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

Hi everyone, Victor here.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Started playing regularly around '84 (HS golf team).  Mostly shot mid-high 90s. Stopped 10 years ago, then restarted this year. After seeing my swing via phone vid, I've managed to make my way down to a 17.

2. What do you love about golf?  So many answers! The anticipation of watching a well struck ball in the air on the way toward the target. The feeling of draining a 6-10 foot putt (longer is great, also...however if I manage a 10 footer, I still tell myself it was as much skill as luck). Fresh air. Camaraderie.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Just decided I wanted to join a forum. Seen posts in internet searches for product reviews.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Vancouver, WA area. I try to play a variety of courses, but Tri-Mountain is where I play most.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Can't really answer...nothing to compare to!

6. What do you do for a living?  Mechanical engineer.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Nickname picked up on the job. My role was to analyze and modify welded frame designs, and often all we could do to strengthen a potential weak spot was add a gusset.

7 hours ago, Gusset said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Started playing regularly around '84 (HS golf team).  Mostly shot mid-high 90s. Stopped 10 years ago, then restarted this year. After seeing my swing via phone vid, I've managed to make my way down to a 17.

2. What do you love about golf?  So many answers! The anticipation of watching a well struck ball in the air on the way toward the target. The feeling of draining a 6-10 foot putt (longer is great, also...however if I manage a 10 footer, I still tell myself it was as much skill as luck). Fresh air. Camaraderie.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Just decided I wanted to join a forum. Seen posts in internet searches for product reviews.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Vancouver, WA area. I try to play a variety of courses, but Tri-Mountain is where I play most.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Can't really answer...nothing to compare to!

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Nickname picked up on the job. My role was to analyze and modify welded frame designs, and often all we could do to strengthen a potential weak spot was add a gusset.

Welcome Victor!!  Glad you joined us.  You've got some great Spies in the Portland area; I'm just up the Columbia River 200 miles.  Hopefully, we can all get together when the weather is nicer... like next year!!  I've never played Tri-Mountain, but I see coupons for it all the time.

18 hours ago, Gusset said:

Welcome MGS. Great stuff on the forums and a lot info in the testing section. I am currently test the Callaway White Hot OG #1 putter.  Used it at Tri mountain last week. 3 doubles on my way in for a 92 and it wasn't the putters fault or the clubs fault. Bad choices of what shot to hit and poor execution. 

Welcome in its a good place to bump around. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

• 2 weeks later...

Hey... everyone in the Portland/Vancouver area, I received an email from Golf Moose.  I signed up with them a couple of years ago, and occasionally get these special deals.  Today, it was Ti-Mountain GC in Ridgefield, WA.  Two players walking for $49.  Valid anytime 7 days a week, through April 30, 2022.  

I think you have to purchase now and get a voucher to present at the course.  I don't know when the deal is over.  Check it out if you are interested.

https://golfmoose.com/product/tri-mountain-golf-course/?utm_source=Golf+Moose&utm_campaign=a42fe1c8de-Golf+Moose_rivercourse_12_28_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_37376c8017-a42fe1c8de-211570577&mc_cid=a42fe1c8de&mc_eid=53e04b5847

@Kenny BI just noticed you have a Shot My Age badge.. Very cool.. SO when did you shoot less than 60.. hahahahah.. That is awesome.. 

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

On 11/9/2021 at 10:34 AM, Gusset said:

Welcome Victor from North East of Seattle. Make yourself at home and Enjoy.. 

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

3 hours ago, Reesedw said:

@Kenny BI just noticed you have a Shot My Age badge.. Very cool.. SO when did you shoot less than 60.. hahahahah.. That is awesome.. 

Thanks!!   The first time I shot less than 60 was during my 2nd year of playing golf in my company's 9-hole league.  It was a 3-club tournament ( 5i, 9i, putter) and I shot 47.   I really didn't need all those other clubs.  🤣

• 2 months later...

Hello PNW group, just found MGS and am loving the content. 

I'm 63 and retired about 8 years ago. Love watching these young guys on TV and it has inspired me to try and improve my game. I've been golfing since I was about 10years old but I would just go out and hit the ball but never thought about improving until recently. I'm normally shooting about 100 on 18 and I know I could do much better. Just got me some new Pings with the ARCCOS sensors and I think I can improve. 

I live near a small executive course that has a great off season pass so I'm out there quite a bit, rain or shine and loving every minute of it.

Ping G425 SFT

Ping G410 3w

Ping G410 3h

Ping G425 irons 4-w

Kirkland 52, 56, 60

Kirkland KS1 putter

18 hours ago, HappyHacker said:

I'm 63 and retired about 8 years ago. Love watching these young guys on TV and it has inspired me to try and improve my game. I've been golfing since I was about 10years old but I would just go out and hit the ball but never thought about improving until recently. I'm normally shooting about 100 on 18 and I know I could do much better. Just got me some new Pings with the ARCCOS sensors and I think I can improve. 

I live near a small executive course that has a great off season pass so I'm out there quite a bit, rain or shine and loving every minute of it.

Welcome to the game of imperfection and the quest to find it. I'm like you, been playing for many years but in the last few finally started to learn the game. I'm in the Sherwood area, not a member of anything but the farm card and NWGG. Don't play enough of either to win anything but I still have fun. 

PNW-Portland area MGS'ers should find a day to get out once a month or every two. Everyone is invited of course.  

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

@HappyHacker Welcome enjoy yourself.

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

On 2/1/2022 at 8:06 PM, HappyHacker said:

Welcome youngster!!  Glad you joined us.  I'm originally from Corvallis, but I have lived 200 miles upriver from you for 53 years!!

On 2/2/2021 at 4:08 PM, dlow206 said:

Yeah the Snohomish range sucks for short game. Maybe I can sneak everyone in at Mill Creek CC, lol. We have a bunker, a chipping green, a pitching green, and a putting green. 

I did let Monte know that I could check to see if the Monday on course could be hosted at Mill Creek CC. Its only 15 minutes from the Snohomish range.

The positive about Snohomish is that I live close by.

During my 2 week trip to Palm Springs last month, I was sitting in the hot tub at our condo after playing golf; met a couple of "older-than-me" gentlemen, one was from the Seattle area, is 91 and still plays golf; used to be a 5 HCP, now an 18.   He is a member of Mill Creek CC.  When he mentioned Mill Creek CC, it sounded familiar and then remembered that it was your club.  I mentioned your name, and he knows who you are!!  Sorry, can't remember his name.  

Hey guys - we are seriously thinking about moving to Vancouver, WA.  I'm originally from Bellingham but have been living in Europe for the past 5+ years (Svensk wife who I met in B'ham).

I am wondering if any of you live in the area and what courses you typically play?  Another member told me there's quite a few MGS peeps in the area. In the pictures of courses and the homes we are looking at, it seems like grass is hard to grow in that area.  So many houses with dying lawns... curious about that.

But I'm mostly looking into the golf there.  Royal Oaks looks really nice but has a $30,000 fee!!!!!

I'll be in Bellingham in March if anyone wants to tee it up and I plan to drive down to Vancouver to take a look around the areas we think we would like to live (open to opinions about that as well).