TESTERS WANTED! ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

1. First round was at 18. Loved it, but I was horrible for the next 30 years. I mean horrible! Then my son wanted to play so we took lessons together. Handicap is 16.7 and shoot somewhere between high 80's and low 90's.

2. What do you love about golf?

1. I swear it is the only time I don't think about work. Its also the only time I get 4 hours of uninterrupted time with my teenage son

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

1. I was hooked by the "no putts given" podcast, though I do miss last years format.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

1. Live in Boise Idaho area. Play them all.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

1. No golf in the winter

6. What do you do for a living?

1. Director of Operations for a restaurant franchise.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. Been a Dolphins fan as long as I can remember. Maybe that's why I can handle the disappointments in my golf game so well 🙂

In my :ogio: Bag:

Diver :callaway: Mavrik Max

4 and 5 hybrid :callaway: BB 2016

4-pw irons:callaway:Rogue x

Wedges :callaway:MD 4

Putter:odyssey:Exo Seven Mini S Stroke Lab

On 4/26/2022 at 6:36 PM, Thin2win said:

#15. Straight down the hill to a sharp dogleg. With a bunker to collect every shot that doesn't go 200y and the take a magical 90* bend to the left. Okay, so kayak had a number or really questionable holes.... But you could always get a tee time

Facebook sent me a memory today. Hole 2 @ Kayak Point. 

Kayak.jpeg

8 hours ago, Clayton said:

Facebook sent me a memory today. Hole 2 @ Kayak Point. 

Kayak.jpeg

For all the questionable holes, #2 is a really cool hole. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

16 hours ago, Finsfan said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

1. First round was at 18. Loved it, but I was horrible for the next 30 years. I mean horrible! Then my son wanted to play so we took lessons together. Handicap is 16.7 and shoot somewhere between high 80's and low 90's.

2. What do you love about golf?

1. I swear it is the only time I don't think about work. Its also the only time I get 4 hours of uninterrupted time with my teenage son

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

1. I was hooked by the "no putts given" podcast, though I do miss last years format.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

1. Live in Boise Idaho area. Play them all.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

1. No golf in the winter

6. What do you do for a living?

1. Director of Operations for a restaurant franchise.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. Been a Dolphins fan as long as I can remember. Maybe that's why I can handle the disappointments in my golf game so well 🙂

Welcome to the forums from 300 miles up the interstates.  Nice to see someone again from the Boise area.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 4/29/2022 at 8:54 AM, cbpicker said:

Hi everyone.  I’ve been a member for years but recently retired and have more time to do more than scan the new reviews.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I’ve been playing for a bout 20 years.  I picked it up after breaking my leg and no longer being able to continue my love of wakeboarding on the Willamette river.  My handicap is a 7.1 but I can hit in the 90’s as often as the 70’s.  I should probably emphasize course management more. 

2. What do you love about golf?  Its competitive with yourself or others.  It feeds the fire when my body can’t respond to most other sports.  I get to spend time with friends and occasionally family and courses are aways so beautiful everywhere I go.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?   I love the tests and reviews of gear and equipment.  I love the specs and analysis of things and can’t get enough of that. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in the Portland Oregon area and am a member at The Reserve and Vineyards but also play often at Langdon Farms. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Well it is so beautiful and green here with a moderate climate and the best summers in the world.  It does get a bit soggy in the winter but it is still playable 12 months a year. 

6. What do you do for a living?  I was a dentist but recently retired. I would love it if my handicap drops now.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  I used to play Taylormade Tour Preferred CB irons and I am a picker seldom leaving a divot.  Luckily I found the 790’s more forgiving and my iron game benefited from the tech. 

Welcome to the forums CB.  Glad you joined us.  Several active Spys in the Portland area.  

I've always wanted to stop and play Langdon Farms on my way to Corvallis (grew up there), but since my parents passed away I don't get down that way much anymore.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 4/29/2022 at 5:21 PM, Finsfan said:

Been a Dolphins fan as long as I can remember. Maybe that's why I can handle the disappointments in my golf game so well 🙂

Welcome to the forum @Finsfan!  I was born in Ft. Lauderdale and we used to go to the Orange Bowl to watch the Dolphins play.  I was at many of their games during the 67-72 seasons and remain a fan to this day.  If you haven't seen the PNW Spy Meet-up thread and our upcoming event 6/23-26 in Yakima/Kennewick area, check it out.  We've been toying around with a Boise meet-up ... maybe next year?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Hello all!

Quick intro to me: In 2015 I took up golf. I am full on addicted! I had a brief intro as a kid in the 1970s. Long time skier, cyclist and runner/hiker, I was looking for a new activity and community. My wife surprised me with a lesson on a vacation to Hawaii, and everything about golf clicked. 99% a walker, I love the challenge, landscapes, and social nature of playing. I also massively enjoy the equipment aspect. My hc is currently about 9. My lowest hc was 6, and I hope to get back if I can get out of my putting woes. 

I have lurked on MGS for a few years. I appreciate the content. I am also a member on a couple of other golf communities. Name comes from a hobby to work with my herding dogs.

Home course is beautiful Bridger Creek in Bozeman, Montana. I also regularly play the other courses in town, mostly Black Bull and Cottonwood Hills. Short season here, but the courses and golf community are fantastic. I have additionally learned to love competitive golf. Play in a mens league, compete in 3-4 regional pro ams each year, and enter other tournaments as I can. 

I will spend more online time getting to know this community. Cheers.

Callaway Rogue ST Tripe Diamond 9* w/ Ventus Black 7s
Taylormade Stealth+ 3W w/ RDX Red 75s
PIng G410 3hy
Titleist T200 5-4i w/ Steelfiber i95
Srixon ZX7 A-6i w/ Steelfiber i95
Titleist Vokey SM7 54-10S and 58-08M w/ Steelfiber i110
Mizuno M-Craft IV (blue)

2 hours ago, mtcowdog said:

Hello all!

Quick intro to me: In 2015 I took up golf. I am full on addicted! I had a brief intro as a kid in the 1970s. Long time skier, cyclist and runner/hiker, I was looking for a new activity and community. My wife surprised me with a lesson on a vacation to Hawaii, and everything about golf clicked. 99% a walker, I love the challenge, landscapes, and social nature of playing. I also massively enjoy the equipment aspect. My hc is currently about 9. My lowest hc was 6, and I hope to get back if I can get out of my putting woes. 

I have lurked on MGS for a few years. I appreciate the content. I am also a member on a couple of other golf communities. Name comes from a hobby to work with my herding dogs.

Home course is beautiful Bridger Creek in Bozeman, Montana. I also regularly play the other courses in town, mostly Black Bull and Cottonwood Hills. Short season here, but the courses and golf community are fantastic. I have additionally learned to love competitive golf. Play in a mens league, compete in 3-4 regional pro ams each year, and enter other tournaments as I can. 

Welcome to the forums! @fixyurdivotis right in your neck of the woods, I also saw that Sir Nick Faldo just bought a ranch out there and is now a member at Black Bull. So that too 👍

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

5 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Welcome to the forums! @fixyurdivotis right in your neck of the woods, I also saw that Sir Nick Faldo just bought a ranch out there and is now a member at Black Bull. So that too 👍

Welcome to the forum @mtcowdog!  As Chris mentioned, I'm located in the Ruby Valley near Sheridan and I get over to play Cottonwood Hills and Bridger Creek pretty regularly.  If you want to meet-up, send me an IM.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

8 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Welcome to the forum @mtcowdog!  As Chris mentioned, I'm located in the Ruby Valley near Sheridan and I get over to play Cottonwood Hills and Bridger Creek pretty regularly.  If you want to meet-up, send me an IM.

Awesome. Hopefully we get a chance to play together. 

Callaway Rogue ST Tripe Diamond 9* w/ Ventus Black 7s
Taylormade Stealth+ 3W w/ RDX Red 75s
PIng G410 3hy
Titleist T200 5-4i w/ Steelfiber i95
Srixon ZX7 A-6i w/ Steelfiber i95
Titleist Vokey SM7 54-10S and 58-08M w/ Steelfiber i110
Mizuno M-Craft IV (blue)

On 4/30/2022 at 9:08 AM, Thin2win said:

For all the questionable holes, #2 is a really cool hole. 

I do miss Kayak Point, it was a fun course.. Played it at least twice a yr. when i played in league.. 

On 5/1/2022 at 5:28 AM, mtcowdog said:

Hello all!

welcome. Make yourself at home..

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

On 4/22/2022 at 10:23 PM, Blakedagolfer said:

I’ve been playing golf for about a year now. Really enjoyed it so I tried out for my high school team and now playing varsity as a sophomore. What I love about golf is that is very challenging and I love playing different courses and never gets old my home course is blue boy west golf course but I play echo falls alot because that’s my home course for my high school team!

Welcome, Hope you find it helpful and useful.. 

Blake is my grandson, and is doing very well since he started really playing and making the effort.. 

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

On 2/11/2019 at 3:35 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Played for about 10 years out of HS then took a family break and now after about 20 years my wife bought me a new set of clubs to get me out of the house.   I was playing bogey golf before my break, now probably not so much, but the clubs are much better.

• What do you love about golf?  The time outside and a chance to get myself centered (the lower I shot the more centered I tend to be).

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Cruising the internet and found the site.

• Where are you from? What is your home course? SW ID and right now my closest course is the Boise Ranch.

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golf here is relatively cheap compared to the courses I played back in the DC metro area, but the summers here can make for some pretty HARD conditions.

• What do you do for a living? Work in the IT sector as a consultant.

• How’d you pick your user name? GrumpyGolf, Grumpy is what I am called by my grandsons.

Edited by GrumpyGolf

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

3 hours ago, CWR said:

Welcome to the forum!  Two new members from the Boise area joined in the last 5 days... you and @Finsfan.  We thought about Boise for our 2022 PNW MGS outing this year, but it's scheduled for the Tri-Cities/Pendleton/Yakima/Walla Walla area here in SE Washington June 23-26. Still have openings for attendance if interested. Maybe Boise next year?

5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Do you guys have two sets of wedges?  One for the rainy days, and one for the summer droughts? 

A nor’easter is in town, so I took the opportunity to hit some PW’s around 100 yards.  Good practice, and it is raining like I remember PNW rain.

Asking for a friend.

Nope!  But I'm on the "dry side" of the Cascades.  However, I play the Callaway PM Grind wedges which have a wide sole and high bounce... even on our firm dry turf. The C Grind helps.  I would imagine they would be better than most under soggy conditions; they work OK in the morning after our course irrigates all night long.

On 5/7/2022 at 2:37 PM, Shankster said:

Do you guys have two sets of wedges?  One for the rainy days, and one for the summer droughts? 

A nor’easter is in town, so I took the opportunity to hit some PW’s around 100 yards.  Good practice, and it is raining like I remember PNW rain.

Asking for a friend.

No I play the same wedges during both the dry season July 1st through the 2nd and the wet season july 2nd through June 30.. hahahahahahhaha. seriously though I just play the 1 set of wedges.. I have Cobra F8 set wedges for PW and GW, King Black in 54* "versatile" grind, and Cleveland RTX w/ Zipcore in 58* mid bounce which is 10* I believe.. I struggle with them all when really soggy.. but am very happy when it is less soggy.. lol

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

On 5/7/2022 at 2:37 PM, Shankster said:

Asking for a friend.

If it's wet I'll leave my mid-bounce 58° in the bag and stick with the high-bounce 52°.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS