Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

3 minutes ago, Jacob.fain.21 said:

Hi everyone. Great to connect on here. My name is Jacob as you can see from my username. Not sure how or if I can change it lol. I live in Bend, OR and a member of Broken Top. Just joined this year. I really got into golf in the last couple of years. Took my first lesson this year and completely hooked now. My handicap is 27, but my goal is to be consistently shooting in the 90s next summer. Still have some work to do. Looking forward to connecting with folks. 

Welcome aboard Jacob.  Looking forward to hear how you progress.

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: 4 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 5-Aw; KBS Tour-V 90 Stiff

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

On 10/1/2020 at 4:42 PM, Kenny B said:

Although expensive, you need to get to Gamble Sands in Brewster.  Same architect as Bandon Dunes.  

Make it a weekend and play GS, Desert Canyon and Bear Mountain Ranch.  But don't pick a windy day!!!

Hey this is great stuff. Not too familiar with WA golf. My buddy and I talked about taking a trip to WA. Gonna have to make sure this is on the list. 

Playing mostly Mizuno Hot Metal, but just added an Epic Flash 26* hybrid to the bag. 

14 minutes ago, Jacob.fain.21 said:

Hey this is great stuff. Not too familiar with WA golf. My buddy and I talked about taking a trip to WA. Gonna have to make sure this is on the list. 

It's fun.  I enjoy playing in Bend/Redmond/Sisters too.  Usually make it down there once a year; missed this year because of COVID.  Several of us PNW Spys were planning a trip for June 24.  Maybe next year.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 10/22/2020 at 10:00 AM, Jacob.fain.21 said:

Hi everyone. Great to connect on here. My name is Jacob as you can see from my username. Not sure how or if I can change it lol. I live in Bend, OR and a member of Broken Top. Just joined this year. I really got into golf in the last couple of years. Took my first lesson this year and completely hooked now. My handicap is 27, but my goal is to be consistently shooting in the 90s next summer. Still have some work to do. Looking forward to connecting with folks. 

Welcome to MGS!

Always glad to see more members from Central Oregon! Also Broken Top is absolutely one of my favorite courses over here. Definitely helps that I got married there and my low 9 hole round is on the front 9

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Welcome @Jacob.fain.21, make yourself home there's beer in the fridge... 😆

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

On 10/22/2020 at 9:08 PM, Kenny B said:

It's fun.  I enjoy playing in Bend/Redmond/Sisters too.  Usually make it down there once a year; missed this year because of COVID.  Several of us PNW Spys were planning a trip for June 24.  Maybe next year.

I may be game for this if that is still a plan

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

20 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

I may be game for this if that is still a plan

We'll keep you in mind.  @Thin2win and @fixyurdivot and I went to Circling Raven at Lake Coeur d'Alene because others dropped out of the Bend trip.  We can certainly try for Bend again next year or any other options depending on who signs up.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 11/3/2020 at 2:29 PM, Kenny B said:

We'll keep you in mind.  @Thin2win and @fixyurdivot and I went to Circling Raven at Lake Coeur d'Alene because others dropped out of the Bend trip.  We can certainly try for Bend again next year or any other options depending on who signs up.

@Kenny B Do you have dates set in stone? I have a couple of weeks off during that time  so I could make it over.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

37 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

@Kenny B Do you have dates set in stone? I have a couple of weeks off during that time  so I could make it over.

We don't have any dates or firm location yet.  I would assume summer but I'm open to any dates or location.

We will certainly get the word out like we did last year, but the virus killed that trip.  

46 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

We don't have any dates or firm location yet.  I would assume summer but I'm open to any dates or location.

We will certainly get the word out like we did last year, but the virus killed that trip.  

Sounds good. Im off June 19 to July 4 if it all works out. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

On 11/5/2020 at 5:26 PM, pulledabill said:

Normally we shoot for between memorial day and July 4th. Depends on people's schedules. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Fellas and ladies. New to the MGS phenomenon. just getting into the whole thing. I've seen the pod cast on YouTube a few times but didn't put 2 & 2 together till earlier this week. yes I am slow, but most likely to out drive you, HAHA. I play than my handicap. I always have a hole or two sometimes 3 that throw my round in the garbage. Can't score well if your getting 8 on 3 holes. I started a tourney earlier this year with three 8's in the first 4 holes. I wasn't going to drink that day, but that changed quick. The picture I for my avatar (if that's what's called) is from Bandon Dunes hole 18 right side of the fairway just before the big flippen ditch/ravine. 3 more yards and the ball would  have been gone. I'm in Oregon, (not portland). Play mostly at Langdon Farms but I go all over. Love most of the central Oregon courses with Brasada as my favorite. 

Keep it in the short stuff.

Jeremy 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

1 hour ago, JFish350 said:

Hello Fellas and ladies. New to the MGS phenomenon. just getting into the whole thing. I've seen the pod cast on YouTube a few times but didn't put 2 & 2 together till earlier this week. yes I am slow, but most likely to out drive you, HAHA. I play than my handicap. I always have a hole or two sometimes 3 that throw my round in the garbage. Can't score well if your getting 8 on 3 holes. I started a tourney earlier this year with three 8's in the first 4 holes. I wasn't going to drink that day, but that changed quick. The picture I for my avatar (if that's what's called) is from Bandon Dunes hole 18 right side of the fairway just before the big flippen ditch/ravine. 3 more yards and the ball would  have been gone. I'm in Oregon, (not portland). Play mostly at Langdon Farms but I go all over. Love most of the central Oregon courses with Brasada as my favorite. 

Jeremy 

Welcome aboard.

3 hours ago, JFish350 said:

Jeremy 

Welcome Jeremy!!  Glad you joined us.  I grew up in Corvallis and drive past Langdon Farms every trip down to visit.  Never seem to have time to stop and play, or it's raining when I do.

My ball was in the fairway on #18 at Bandon Dunes as well, but the big flippen ditch/ravine got it on my 2nd shot.  Great course!!

16 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome Jeremy!!  Glad you joined us.  I grew up in Corvallis and drive past Langdon Farms every trip down to visit.  Never seem to have time to stop and play, or it's raining when I do.

My ball was in the fairway on #18 at Bandon Dunes as well, but the big flippen ditch/ravine got it on my 2nd shot.  Great course!!

Langdon Farms is one the best drainage courses I've ever played. Last spring It was raining so bad and the putting green was covered in water. They have covered driving range I was waring up in for a match play game. I went in and asked if they were going to close the course. Dude said if it keeps raining like this for another hr they would think about it. Course played decent after being submerged 30 min prior. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

4 hours ago, JFish350 said:

Jeremy 

Welcome to MGS from Central Oregon!

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

3 hours ago, DPattGolf said:

Welcome to MGS from Central Oregon!

Thank you, Love central Oregon. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, new member here just introducing myself. I’m from south of Seattle about 45 minutes. Currently a 14.6 Handicap, although just started my first lessons and hoping do get that down to single digits by end of next year.

I have a friend who has worked at Washington National GC and have probably played that more than any others in the last few years, so I’d consider that my home course.

I enjoy reading through many golf forums, especially when I am looking for reviews or input but I have never been active in any. I figured if I’m going to use them as a resource, I should help others and provide my own input.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: XR XStiff

3wood: :cobra-small: F8 XStiff

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: GAPR, HZRDUS XStiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: P770 (Old) XStiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM8 54, 58

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

2 hours ago, Cashuss_K said:

Hey all, new member here just introducing myself. I’m from south of Seattle about 45 minutes. Currently a 14.6 Handicap, although just started my first lessons and hoping do get that down to single digits by end of next year.

I have a friend who has worked at Washington National GC and have probably played that more than any others in the last few years, so I’d consider that my home course.

I enjoy reading through many golf forums, especially when I am looking for reviews or input but I have never been active in any. I figured if I’m going to use them as a resource, I should help others and provide my own input.

Thanks!

Welcome aboard Cashuss, from the North end of Seattle!

On 12/7/2020 at 6:38 AM, Cashuss_K said:

Thanks!

Welcome. I’m 2hrs south of you in Oregon. Enjoy the forum. Sounds like a great goal to have. 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

On 11/20/2020 at 11:23 AM, JFish350 said:

Jeremy 

Welcome fellow Oregonian. 

My Reviews:

On 12/7/2020 at 6:38 AM, Cashuss_K said:

Thanks!

Welcome the forums!  Glad you joined us.  I'm at the east end of Seattle... about 3.5 hours east.  🤣  

@Cashuss_K Welcome to the forum from Deep South Oregon.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, golfguy3294 said:

Anyone in salem/portland/corvallis area and want to play golf tomorrow? Hit me up 5419793393

Welcome to the forums!  If you navigate back to the first page of this thread and copy the questions; post them here, it would help us know a little about you.

I grew up in Corvallis, but moved away after college.  I do travel there for visits, COVID-19 permitting, so maybe we could connect later in the year.

7 hours ago, golfguy3294 said:

Anyone in salem/portland/corvallis area and want to play golf tomorrow? Hit me up 5419793393

I’m in the Portland area but likely a no go this weekend as I am battling an infected toe. Some other time for sure though. Welcome to the board!

My Reviews:

I’m in the Portland area but likely a no go this weekend as I am battling an infected toe. Some other time for sure though. Welcome to the board!

Same for me, I’m in Wilsonville. I’m nursing a bad shoulder so sometime in March I’ll be back at it. I also have two under 5 so my golf outings get planned into the schedule for the next 6 months!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Same for me, I’m in Wilsonville. I’m nursing a bad shoulder so sometime in March I’ll be back at it. I also have two under 5 so my golf outings get planned into the schedule for the next 6 months!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

• 2 weeks later...

Monte just put up his updated clinic schedule. Seattle clinic will be in Snohomish in August. Anyone else in? I already signed up. @Kenny B

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4