Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Our Sponsors

Been using MGS for reviews on gear for a while now (I tend to obsess and nerd out over gear in all my hobbies) so I figured I would get in on the forum action. Technically I live just across the border, but work in WA so most of my rounds are in the Bellingham area.

Been playing golf for probably 10 years or so, but only got serious about it in the last couple of years (after I downloaded the GolfShot app and started tracking my rounds). 23 handicap, so I know I suck, but I managed to put up a +13 net score just last Friday while out with my brother (on a par 63 course) so I feel like things are trending up! I was actually hitting even par on the back nine until I double-bogeyed 18, but now I'm anxious to get back out and play another round!

• Like 2

Check out my review of the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :1332069271_TommyArmour: Torch 03 w/ GolfPride Tour SNSR Contour Pro grip

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MGS New Member Introduction: Pacific Northwest Region Alaska, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Wyoming Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing

Hey there! My name is Chris & I’m from Richland, WA. I’ve been playing golf for about 10-11 year but only decided to get serious about it over the past 3-4 years. I am currently a 4.4 and my home

Hi Guys and Girls. I'm new to MyGolfSpy, and this is the first forum I have posted to. Have to start somewhere, right? My wife and I live in Friday Harbor, Washington in the San Juan Islands. I'm

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

Been using MGS for reviews on gear for a while now (I tend to obsess and nerd out over gear in all my hobbies) so I figured I would get in on the forum action. Technically I live just across the border, but work in WA so most of my rounds are in the Bellingham area.

Been playing golf for probably 10 years or so, but only got serious about it in the last couple of years (after I downloaded the GolfShot app and started tracking my rounds). 23 handicap, so I know I suck, but I managed to put up a +13 net score just last Friday while out with my brother (on a par 63 course) so I feel like things are trending up! I was actually hitting even par on the back nine until I double-bogeyed 18, but now I'm anxious to get back out and play another round!

Welcome from the dry side of WA!!  On any given day, any of us suck at golf!!  It's the nature of the game.  It just provides added incentive to improve.  I started playing 28 years ago at age 45, and it has been a long, slow adventure to get better.  Enjoy it!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, gavinski91 said:

Where in Bellingham do you play? I'm 20 minutes south of there, but would happily head north if you wanted to get a round in. I'm a member at Avalon, and at Skagit country club if you want to play further south sometime. 

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

4 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Where in Bellingham do you play? I'm 20 minutes south of there, but would happily head north if you wanted to get a round in. I'm a member at Avalon, and at Skagit country club if you want to play further south sometime. 

North Bellingham and Shuksan are my go-tos if I'm playing 18, or Homestead up in Lynden. I'm usually trying to golf on a budget though, so my most played course is Raspberry Ridge, the local par-34 9-hole where you can get $15 super-twilight rounds with free replay (race the sunlight to get a full 18 in!).

Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Putter - :1332069271_TommyArmour: Torch 03 w/ GolfPride Tour SNSR Contour Pro grip

I've never played raspberry Ridge, but I've heard it is fun, I used to live right by Padden, so I've played that one the most. But all are fun. Really, I'm up for golf, so let me know. 

• Like 1

WITB:

Posted (edited)

Will do! I'm going to try and cross the border for work tomorrow and moving forward, so if they let me in then I'll be looking for some late afternoon/early evening weekday partners fairly soon.

Edited by gavinski91

Hybrid - Warrior 3H

12 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

Will do! I'm going to try and cross the border for work tomorrow and moving forward, so if they let me in then I'll be looking for some late afternoon/early evening weekday partners fairly soon.

I've never golfed in BC, but I do have a nexus, so that would be possible to once the border reopens 

WITB:

• 2 weeks later...

1.  I have been playing golf on and off since I was old enough to remember.  I am in my 40’s now, joined a local club in Bozeman, MT about 4 years ago and have been playing few times a week since when it’s not snowing.  

2.  I love just getting outside, the shots that keep you coming back, the challenges physical and mental.  

3.  Not sure, I like reading the myspy reviews and reading about new gear and etc.  Didn’t even know there was a forum. 

4.  Bozeman, MT - Riverside, CC 

5.  summer is awesome here and worst is Bozeman is growing way to fast.  

6.  I am a Officer recruiter for the US Navy (2 more years till retire). My wife and I also own Aveda lifestyle Spa and Salon.  

7.  I am a love mountain snowmobiling in the winter on my Ski-doo Summit 850 165 expert model.  Summit74 is my name in Snowest forum. 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Summit74 said:

1.  I have been playing golf on and off since I was old enough to remember.  I am in my 40’s now, joined a local club in Bozeman, MT about 4 years ago and have been playing few times a week since when it’s not snowing.  

@fixyurdivot is right in your neck of the woods. We do an annual PNW golf event, this year's has been rescheduled due to obvious reasons, but we are looking at heading to Boise for some golf. 

• Like 1

WITB:

Hello I’m rushfan. I’ve been on another forum for fifteen years now I’m here. I live in Washington state for summer and far west Texas the rest of the year. I follow my golf spy on Instagram and am a big fan. 

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Rushfan96 said:

Hello I’m rushfan. I’ve been on another forum for fifteen years now I’m here. I live in Washington state for summer and far west Texas the rest of the year. I follow my golf spy on Instagram and am a big fan. 

Welcome to MGS!

• Like 1

Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Ugh, it's supposed to rain again in the Seattle area this weekend. I need some dryer fairways to get some roll-out.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Ugh, it's supposed to rain again in the Seattle area this weekend. I need some dryer fairways to get some roll-out.

I hear you there! This was my tee shot with my driver on #3 at Homestead Farms on Wednesday - 235 yards of carry, -1 yard of roll-out. Also the only hole in the round (9 holes) that I got both FIR and GIR, so of course I 3-putted for a bogey.

IMG_1887.JPG

Edited by gavinski91
  • Like 2

Hybrid - Warrior 3H

23 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

I hear you there! This was my tee shot with my driver on #3 at Homestead Farms on Wednesday - 235 yards of carry, -1 yard of roll-out. Also the only hole in the round (9 holes) that I got both FIR and GIR, so of course I 3-putted for a bogey.

IMG_1887.JPG

I hit one the other day that buried itself in the ground in the middle of the fairway. 

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Come on down to Central Oregon. We have been near 80* for the last 3 days and the course all stay pretty dry over here

• Like 2

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (13.5) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

44 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

Come on down to Central Oregon. We have been near 80* for the last 3 days and the course all stay pretty dry over here

Pristine golf weather in Southern Oregon, as well.

• Like 1

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Nice over here in the Columbia Basin as well.  Nice and dry, but 92º today.  Supposed to cool off to the upper 80's this weekend.  Fairways are firm and fast!!

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

51 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

I sorta wish that we had kept the PNW outing next week in Bend.  Headed to Indian Canyon in Spokane and Circling Raven in Idaho instead.  Idaho has restaurants open but Spokane doesn't.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DPattGolf said:

My wife and I were supposed to join my family for a vacation down in Sunriver next month, but with the border closure continuing it doesn't look like that will happen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hybrid - Warrior 3H

8 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

My wife and I were supposed to join my family for a vacation down in Sunriver next month, but with the border closure continuing it doesn't look like that will happen.

You would be surprised how many Washington residents have been traveling to the Central Oregon area for the month or so

• Like 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (13.5) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf