Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, Dave P. HPMC said:

So, how did it go?  Do you still have your clubs? 🙂

Ended up being a windy day (25-30mph) but my putter is what killed me. Finished bogey-bogey to shoot 79. Definitely want some revenge

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (13.5) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MGS New Member Introduction: Pacific Northwest Region Alaska, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Wyoming Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing

Hey there! My name is Chris & I’m from Richland, WA. I’ve been playing golf for about 10-11 year but only decided to get serious about it over the past 3-4 years. I am currently a 4.4 and my home

Hi Guys and Girls. I'm new to MyGolfSpy, and this is the first forum I have posted to. Have to start somewhere, right? My wife and I live in Friday Harbor, Washington in the San Juan Islands. I'm

Posted Images

That’s pretty strong.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What I lug around the golf course in my MacKenzie Walker.

Driver -   Ping G410 Plus 9° Tour 65 S
Fairway -  :srixon-small: Z785 13.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: Z785  TTDG IT S400 3,5-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX4 Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Nike  Method Converge B1-01 UST Frequency Filter/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black / Ping Anser F/ Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

1. I’ve been playing golf for about 8 years regularly but first started playing at age 10 with my older brother. Im hovering around 12-14 handicap and slowly trying to progress into the single digits. 

2. I just love how anyone can play it. From 3 year olds swinging for the first time with a parent to a grandparent taking a walk with some friends.
3. Wanted to get more involved.looking to get into building/repairing clubs so figured this was a good place to start. And a work friend MALyons31 is a member. 
4. I’m originally from Stafford, VA but live in Kodiak, AK and moving in a few weeks to Cape Cod,MA. We only have 1 course, a nine hole spot surrounded by mountains. Bear Valley Golf Course
5. The views and wildlife are the best. One day you’ll be walking and a Kodiak brown bear pops out of the woods. But the weather can be unpredictable and once it gets into October you aren’t playing until at least May.
6. I’m a member of the USCG since 2010
7. It’s my name. Haha
I completely agree on all counts... I am the type that loves to go out to the very scenic courses for the views and quite contemplation (which now sometimes gets less contemplative with some folks playing their loud music on the course ). Unfortunately, just this week I found out that my favorite local course that I love because of its scenic Vistas and views of the Columbia River Gorge is being remodeled from an 18-hole course to only 9-holes and a new 18-hole putting course.
Fail. 1852484573.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

1. I have been playing golf competitively for 8 years, recreational for about 10 years. My handicap is a 0.9

2. What do you love about golf?

1. I have always loved the outdoors, and there is no better sport to play than golf when it comes to that. I love the challenge that the sport offers. But more importantly, I love making connections on the golf course and meeting new people through common interests.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

1. I wanted to come to MyGolfSpy to learn more about technology and equipment within golf, but also share some of my opinions on the game. I do know a couple other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

1. I am from Canby, Oregon, and my home course is Arrowhead Golf Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

1. Best- The summer does not get too hot and it becomes perfect golfing conditions. Lots of trees on the local courses give you some shade too.

2. worst- The winter is pretty wet so you cant get out and play too much in the winter months.

6. What do you do for a living?

1. I am currently going to college and play on my college team.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. Its a nickname that I grew up with.

• Like 2

Driver- Titleist TS2 10.5 Degree

3 wood- Cobra Speedzone tour

Driving Iron- Taylormade P790 2 iron

Irons- Callaway x forged irons

Wedges- Taylormade Milled Grind (50,54,58)

Putter- Scotty Cameron select newport 2

Ball- Bridgestone Tour BXS

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there! My name is Chris & I’m from Richland, WA. I’ve been playing golf for about 10-11 year but only decided to get serious about it over the past 3-4 years. I am currently a 4.4 and my home course is Canyon Lakes in South Kennewick. Honestly the worst thing about golf in our area is the lack of courses therefore their ability to drive up the cost of play.

I love golf because no two rounds are the same. Even if you arrive at the same score, your journey looked a bit different. You can’t ever beat this game, and I love that every first tee launches a whole new set of possibilities.

MyGolfSpy has helped me greatly in the decision making process this year of changing out everything in my bag and sticking to it to improve. Looking forward to the community here!

• Like 5

Chris Yourdan

On 8/1/2020 at 9:40 AM, ChrisYourdan said:

Hey there! My name is Chris & I’m from Richland, WA. I’ve been playing golf for about 10-11 year but only decided to get serious about it over the past 3-4 years. I am currently a 4.4 and my home course is Canyon Lakes in South Kennewick. Honestly the worst thing about golf in our area is the lack of courses therefore their ability to drive up the cost of play.

I love golf because no two rounds are the same. Even if you arrive at the same score, your journey looked a bit different. You can’t ever beat this game, and I love that every first tee launches a whole new set of possibilities.

MyGolfSpy has helped me greatly in the decision making process this year of changing out everything in my bag and sticking to it to improve. Looking forward to the community here!

Welcome to the boards, you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave. 

• Like 2

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

On 8/1/2020 at 9:40 AM, ChrisYourdan said:

Hey neighbor!  You probably live just down the street from me! LOL.   I haven't played Canyon Lakes in several years; just a long drive in traffic and I never got along with the management.

I play at Columbia Point and sometimes get a free round at Horn Rapids... like tomorrow.

Glad you joined up.  MGS is a great place to chat and meet new friends.  

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Welcome Chris, make yourself at home..

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing off and on for about 25 years, more off than on due to military deployments/injuries.  I don't know my handicap.  Never bothered with it.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love playing a game that I'm in control of, for the most part.  I love that feeling after a really good shot that makes you forget about all the bad ones.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Im looking to join a community of honest people to learn some things and get real opinions of equipment.  I was told about MyGolfSpy by a coworker who's been a member for years.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I currently reside in Everett,WA but I'm an Arizona boy.  I dont have a home course yet.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - beautiful scenery, lots of green.  Worst - all the dawn rain!

6. What do you do for a living?  EMI Test Engineer

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Because my name rhymes with the word it replaced.  My wife says I'm a 12 year old at heart.

• Like 3

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: Hybrids 3 & 4

:ping-small: Eye2 Irons 5-P

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 54°/58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

23 minutes ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing off and on for about 25 years, more off than on due to military deployments/injuries.  I don't know my handicap.  Never bothered with it.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love playing a game that I'm in control of, for the most part.  I love that feeling after a really good shot that makes you forget about all the bad ones.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Im looking to join a community of honest people to learn some things and get real opinions of equipment.  I was told about MyGolfSpy by a coworker who's been a member for years.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I currently reside in Everett,WA but I'm an Arizona boy.  I dont have a home course yet.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - beautiful scenery, lots of green.  Worst - all the dawn rain!

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Because my name rhymes with the word it replaced.  My wife says I'm a 12 year old at heart.

I live in the north part of Bothell, so not too far from you. Welcome!

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

43 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I live in the north part of Bothell, so not too far from you. Welcome!

Not far at all. Im in south Everett/Silver Lake.  Thanks for the welcome.

1 hour ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

And I'm up in Mount Vernon. I like the Everett courses, Legion is nice. 

Way to get on the kraken train! My wife and I go to a good number of Silvertips games, so we are more flyers fans since they drafted Carter Hart. 

WITB:

Just now, Thin2win said:

And I'm up in Mount Vernon. I like the Everett courses, Legion is nice. 

Way to get on the kraken train! My wife and I go to a good number of Silvertips games, so we are more flyers fans since they drafted Carter Hart. 

The wife and I are silvertips season ticket holders. I grew up a penguins fan, have been all my life. But I have to get in on the kraken. Not very often you get to be around for the start of a new team where you live.

Carter Hart is awesome.  Really nice kid too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

The wife and I are silvertips season ticket holders. I grew up a penguins fan, have been all my life. But I have to get in on the kraken. Not very often you get to be around for the start of a new team where you live.

Carter Hart is awesome.  Really nice kid too.

Carter is awesome. My wife plays on the snoco women's hockey team, that's how I got into hockey. I'll have to  be a kraken fan too, but for the playoffs this year it's flyers all the way. 

WITB:

20 hours ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Glad to see you Joined. We will have to play soon.. Welcome.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

57 minutes ago, Reesedw said:

Glad to see you Joined. We will have to play soon.. Welcome.. 

Thanks for telling me about this.  I'll let you know how the colorado course is.  

2 hours ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Thanks for telling me about this.  I'll let you know how the colorado course is.  

Which Colorado course?

WITB:

33 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Which Colorado course?

Mt massive. Outside of buena vista, CO.

1 hour ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Mt massive. Outside of buena vista, CO.

nice, I lived in Summit County for 5 years, and got married in Crested Butte, played a lot of golf in central Colorado. Beautiful courses. 

WITB: