Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

GolfSpy MPR

Monte just put up his updated clinic schedule. Seattle clinic will be in Snohomish in August. Anyone else in? I already signed up. @Kenny B

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

9 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Monte just put up his updated clinic schedule. Seattle clinic will be in Snohomish in August. Anyone else in? I already signed up. @Kenny B

Oh no. Don't tempt. 

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S 

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in :titelist-small: proV1 at some point)

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

We did the clinic in Snohomish 2 summers ago.  It was OK, but they only have a driving range and a putting green; no short game area.  Monte actually brought in bags of sand that he dumped on the grass to simulate a sand shot.  Not the best IMO.  We were going to stay for the 3rd day on Monday, but Monte had to fly home on Sunday evening because his son had a Dr. appt.  I'm not sure where he would do the on-course part of the clinic.

We have already paid for a clinic at Monte's home course that was supposed to happen last April.  Damn COVID!!  We have discussed with Monte and agreed to do it this Mar/Apr but his schedule is filling up fast. I need to contact hm again.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

We did the clinic in Snohomish 2 summers ago.  It was OK, but they only have a driving range and a putting green; no short game area.  Monte actually brought in bags of sand that he dumped on the grass to simulate a sand shot.  Not the best IMO.  We were going to stay for the 3rd day on Monday, but Monte had to fly home on Sunday evening because his son had a Dr. appt.  I'm not sure where he would do the on-course part of the clinic.

We have already paid for a clinic at Monte's home course that was supposed to happen last April.  Damn COVID!!  We have discussed with Monte and agreed to do it this Mar/Apr but his schedule is filling up fast. I need to contact hm again.

Yeah the Snohomish range sucks for short game. Maybe I can sneak everyone in at Mill Creek CC, lol. We have a bunker, a chipping green, a pitching green, and a putting green. 

I did let Monte know that I could check to see if the Monday on course could be hosted at Mill Creek CC. Its only 15 minutes from the Snohomish range.

The positive about Snohomish is that I live close by.

• Like 1

Updated 4/27/2021

The Snohomish range is flat, your mill Creek range is a canyon. Lol

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

14 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

The Snohomish range is flat, your mill Creek range is a canyon. Lol

That would be a true statement

• Like 1

Updated 4/27/2021

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone here part of NW Golf guys or the Golfweek amateur Tour? Is it worth being a part of to compete? Sounds like a lot of fun to compete again others of my own skill level.

• Like 1

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in :titelist-small: proV1 at some point)

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

Is anyone here part of NW Golf guys or the Golfweek amateur Tour? Is it worth being a part of to compete? Sounds like a lot of fun to compete again others of my own skill level.

I actually was a member of NW Golf Guys until I turned pro. Really good group of guys that run it and they do a great job with all of the events. They also now have their own indoor space with 2 simulators 

• Like 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (14.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :mizuno-small: MP18 SC - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :mizuno-small: MP18 - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 - X100

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) 

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

13 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

I actually was a member of NW Golf Guys until I turned pro. Really good group of guys that run it and they do a great job with all of the events. They also now have their own indoor space with 2 simulators 

Thanks. Is there scoring set up handicap based or ways gross score?

7 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

I believe they do gross and net. 

• Like 1

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

19 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

Yea they use gross and net. U can actually have ur USGA Handicap through them even instead of a course

• Like 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (14.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

• 3 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 2 Years and my handicap is 33.1 😶 I score around 102-112 I have shot in the 90s a few times! 
  2. What do you love about golf? Being outside and being able to compete against myself every round 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I used the site for their reviews constantly and saw they had a forum and wanted to start talking about golf with others and not just my brother and father.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Currently residing in Portland/Gresham OR used to play Glendoveer but since I just bought a Condo in Gresham I am looking at starting to play Rose City more of Gresham Golf Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best things about golf in PNW never gets too hot in the summer and a decent amount of local courses to choose from. Wort part is the rainy months and the amount of trees on every course.

6. What do you do for a living? Call Center and Dispatch Supervisor for Non-emergency Medical Transportation 

7. How’d you pick your user name? It just my first name and first letter of my last name nothing special 

• Like 4

IRONS: :titelist-small: T300 Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo Reg Flex (4,6,8,9,PW)

PUTTER: :odyssey-small: Lab V-Line Straight 34in 

DRIVER: :taylormade-small: R11 

1 hour ago, GunnarB said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 2 Years and my handicap is 33.1 😶 I score around 102-112 I have shot in the 90s a few times! 
  2. What do you love about golf? Being outside and being able to compete against myself every round 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I used the site for their reviews constantly and saw they had a forum and wanted to start talking about golf with others and not just my brother and father.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Currently residing in Portland/Gresham OR used to play Glendoveer but since I just bought a Condo in Gresham I am looking at starting to play Rose City more of Gresham Golf Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best things about golf in PNW never gets too hot in the summer and a decent amount of local courses to choose from. Wort part is the rainy months and the amount of trees on every course.

6. What do you do for a living? Call Center and Dispatch Supervisor for Non-emergency Medical Transportation 

7. How’d you pick your user name? It just my first name and first letter of my last name nothing special 

Welcome to the forums, lots of spys in the greater Portland area. 

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

5 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Welcome to the forums, lots of spys in the greater Portland area. 

Thank you! That's great news hopefully Ill be able to play some rounds with some of them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GunnarB said:

Agreed. Welcome. Lots of us for sure. Anytime you want a round give us a jingle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

Agreed. Welcome. Lots of us for sure. Anytime you want a round give us a jingle

I saw the Forum for linking up to play rounds I will defiantly try to utilize it 

@GunnarB Welcome to the Forum!!  Glad you joined us!  Great group of guys here in the PNW.  I'm just 200 miles up the Columbia from you.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

18 hours ago, GunnarB said:

Welcome to the forum from, Keizer.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

20 hours ago, GunnarB said:

Welcome to MGS from Central Oregon!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing for a year, handicap is 42.5. My current goal is to play a round under 100
  2. What do you love about golf? The fact that the game is fair and I can constantly push my self to do better. Scratches the same itch as games like celeste and super meat boy

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Mostly for reviews as I've been filling out my bag. Also really enjoy no puts given

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Vancouver, BC but live in Seattle Washington. My home course is probably Interbay, a local par-3 course. I'm there multiple times a week either for the range or to play a round. In terms of 18 holes I would probably call Auburn Golf Course my home course. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best Thing: If you are willing to put up with a bit of chilly weather you can play around all year roundWorst Thing: Frequent rain and unreliable weather forecast means you can often not be sure if you are going to be able to play until the day before.

6. What do you do for a living? Software Engineer

7. How’d you pick your user name? Nothing special, play on my name. Been using it for years.

Edited by Igman05
  • Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small:M6 (Crown cracked, TSi2 on order)

3-Wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik, Project-X Riptide 60S + 1 Inch

2-Iron: :titelist-small: U-510, Tensei AV Raw White 90S + 1.5 Inch

3-Hybrid: :cobra-small: RAD Speed ONE Length, Aerotech Steel Fiber 110 + 1.5 Inches

4-Hybrid: :taylormade-small:  GAPR Mid, KBS Hybrid 90S

5-GW: :cobra-small: RAD Speed ONE Length, Aerotech Steel Fiber 110 + 1.5 inches

56°/60°: :cobra-small: King MIM ONE Length, Aerotech Steel Fiber 110 + 1.5 inches

Putter: :callaway-small:Toulon Las Vegas H7, Stroke Lab 37.5 inches

Bag: :Ogio: 2020 Convoy SE 

Rangefinder: Nikon CoolShot Pro Stabilized