Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

@NxNWWelcome from the dry side of the state!  Glad you returned to the game and joined us.  Used to occasionally play with friends in the Seattle area, but the only course I played near Renton was Druids Glen.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hey All, 

1.      How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
In the past I've been a once or twice every several years kinda player and now playing about once a week and the range about once a week. Just started actually recording scores and after nine rounds typically shooting around 105 and a handicap of 30. 

2.    What do you love about golf?
being outside, the fresh air, smell of the woods, and the occasional shot that makes you feel like a million bucks. 

3.    What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
I don't know any Spies I know of but was looking for a community to meet people and discuss golf since im new to Tacoma. 

4.    Where are you from? What is your home course?
Originally grew up in Washington and Montana. I moved to Seattle in 2013 after ski bumming in Bozeman for 8 years and now just recently bought a house with my partner for our doggos in Tacoma. Have been mostly playing at Meadowpark but try to check everything out. 

5.    What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
so far its been great but kinda hot. 

6.    What do you do for a living?
Im a paralegal at a small law firm in Seattle. 

7.    How’d you pick your user name?
I love sneakers, especially Jordans and have a mean slice im working on fixing. 

I got into golf originally because my Grandma and other family members played. I loved to spend time with her and smash balls as hard as I could!

"Wise man say, "forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza."

On 7/22/2022 at 10:48 AM, NxNW said:

Greetings, first post here.

Recent returnee to the game, played in high school, played 1-2 times a year after, quit the game for 15 plus years.  Didn’t have the maturity or mental capacity to fully enjoy the game (i.e thought I was better than I really was).

Decided to start playing again (COVID) and then stumbled across a podcast with a couple of meatheads that were chasing scratch and it planted an insatiable seed in my head.  Moved to a golf course, practice a few hours daily, and have become completely obsessed.  Consistently shoot in the mid to upper 70’s and would love to get lower.

From the NW and now live in and belong to Fairwood G&CC in Renton area.

My bag is a complete mix of randomness.

Driver: Cobra Radspeed 10.5°, Tensei Blue S, 3W shaft.

3W: Cobra Speedzone, Tensei Blue S

3H: Ping G425

2iron: Srixon ZX utility.

4-9: Mizuno JPX921 Forged

46, 52, 56 Vokey SM8’s

Cobra Stingray 40 and Ping Tyne 4, 35”

Titleist Left dash and Srixon Z-star diamond.  Bouncing between the two.

Thats quit the bag and I love it. Play what feels right to you and gives you the most confidence.  Nice comeback after 15 years off. Welcome in and continue the good play, 

Epic GBB driver 10.5 turned down to 9.5 Hzruds 6.5 smoke shaft. 

Titleist U15 1 iron 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks long time reader in Missoula MT here, figured I would say hello and answer the standard questions.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I stared playing in August 2021 and immediately became obsessed. Currently a 10.8 trying to get into single inside my first year.

2. What do you love about golf? After playing darts all my life I love that golf is the same game mentally with extra added benefit of being outdoors where you can easily walk off a bad shot.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Been reading the reviews since I started and have got some great info, I figured there would be more in the forums. I do not.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm originally from NZ but live in Missoula MT where I mostly play Larchmont as it's just a few minutes from home.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The views and Winter.

6. What do you do for a living? Trophy Husband and Dad

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's the first username I ever picked  online about 20 years ago. I was really hungover feeling seedy, and well I'm a kiwi,  seemed fitting  been using it ever since.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SeedyKiwi said:

Hey folks long time reader in Missoula MT here, figured I would say hello and answer the standard questions.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I stared playing in August 2021 and immediately became obsessed. Currently a 10.8 trying to get into single inside my first year.

2. What do you love about golf? After playing darts all my life I love that golf is the same game mentally with extra added benefit of being outdoors where you can easily walk off a bad shot.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Been reading the reviews since I started and have got some great info, I figured there would be more in the forums. I do not.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm originally from NZ but live in Missoula MT where I mostly play Larchmont as it's just a few minutes from home.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The views and Winter.

6. What do you do for a living? Trophy Husband and Dad

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's the first username I ever picked  online about 20 years ago. I was really hungover feeling seedy, and well I'm a kiwi,  seemed fitting  been using it ever since.

Glad to have you aboard!!  Too bad our very own @fixyurdivot is moving from Montana to AZ shortly. However, maybe you can take his place.  @Thin2win and I have been getting together for the past 4 years... 3 years in Spokane area and this last June here in the Tri-Cities.  Next year we've talked about Boise, or maybe going west.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hey everyone, I’ve been cruising the site and thought I’d finally do an introduction.
 I used to play with my Grandpa a long time ago for a few rounds a year, then took a 16 year break and now have settled down and started back up, though I’m closer to at least getting some practice in weekly if not a round. I’m loving that I can get a break from everything else going on without a full day like for hunting or fishing (other hobbies). I can sneak out over a lunch for a bucket of balls, or duck out if work a little early and play 9. I picked up a Garmin Approach R10 and that’s been a game changer because now I can play in my garage when it’s dark out. Having a busy job and young family makes it a challenge to get any time in most weeks. 

I’ve been using MyGolfSpy after I initially bought some Tour Edge Bazookas to start again at Christmas. I’m hoping I can keep learning more and maybe start to contribute since I’ve been enjoying it more than I thought I would. 
Thanks!

Edited by CLaw
Misread date
  • Like 2

Tour Edge Bazooka 370

driver - Titleist 910D3

62’ Taylormade Hi-Toe

@NxNW, @SlicerJordan23, @SeedyKiwi, and @CLaw, Welcome.. Make yourself at home.. Enjoy.. Nice to meet all of you..

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

• 4 weeks later...

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Started consistently playing about 5 years ago. Got my index down to a 15 during early covid and right around an 18 today. 

2. What do you love about golf?  The mental challenge and the ability to get out by yourself. I played a lot of tennis after college and golf reminds me a lot of tennis from a mental pov. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I recently started taking my equipment much more seriously after graduating from my game improvement starter set. As such, this appears to be a great community for both equipment and course reviews. I’m on forums for my other hobbies (boating, hunting, cars) so not sure why it took me so long to join a golf forum! 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Home course is Newcastle and live nearby as well. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? We have a relatively short season (I’m a fair weather golfer), but summers in the PNW are incredibly underrated. 

6. What do you do for a living? Finance

7. How’d you pick your user name? I give one of my regular golf buddies a hard time about always three putting. Last year I gave him a box of pro v1s for his birthday custom ordered with “3 jack” on them. I ordered in bulk to get free customization and a little better pricing. Since it gets a chuckle when someone else finds or picks up my ball I stuck with it. Hence 3 jackpro (v1). 

• Like 2

Hi all!

Glad to be here and meet you all! Long time reader, first time poster!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing since I was about 7-8. Playing to a 17 HCP right now and average around the mid 80s

2. What do you love about golf? I love getting out and enjoying the outdoors and the social aspect of the game. My old man passed away about 5 years ago so I also see it as my connection to him who taught me initially

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I read the reviews which are really insightful. I don't know anyone else here! 🙂

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I'm from the UK originally but now live in Everett,WA. Walter Hall is my local track.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Summers are the best, Winters are wet

6. What do you do for a living? Product support for a Saas recruitment software

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's my old XBOX username

The bag:

I went and got fitted for the first time in April. I needed a full bag and this is what I came out with! The fitting experience was great. Really knowledgeable guy that got me going nicely! I ended up getting a real mix of stuff and recently added the lazrus hybrid for a bit of an experiment (was heavily reduced on amazon). I seem to have gelled with it well though!

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10.5

3 Wood: Cobra - King Speedzone

3 Hybrid: Lazrus 18 degree

Irons 4-GW - Wilson D9

SW - 56 degree Cleveland CBX full face

Putter - Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 4

Looking forward to getting know everyone!

• Like 2

Hacking my way around the PNW!

8 hours ago, Lanchman said:

Hi all!

Glad to be here and meet you all! Long time reader, first time poster!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing since I was about 7-8. Playing to a 17 HCP right now and average around the mid 80s

2. What do you love about golf? I love getting out and enjoying the outdoors and the social aspect of the game. My old man passed away about 5 years ago so I also see it as my connection to him who taught me initially

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I read the reviews which are really insightful. I don't know anyone else here! 🙂

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I'm from the UK originally but now live in Everett,WA. Walter Hall is my local track.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Summers are the best, Winters are wet

6. What do you do for a living? Product support for a Saas recruitment software

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's my old XBOX username

The bag:

I went and got fitted for the first time in April. I needed a full bag and this is what I came out with! The fitting experience was great. Really knowledgeable guy that got me going nicely! I ended up getting a real mix of stuff and recently added the lazrus hybrid for a bit of an experiment (was heavily reduced on amazon). I seem to have gelled with it well though!

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10.5

3 Wood: Cobra - King Speedzone

3 Hybrid: Lazrus 18 degree

Irons 4-GW - Wilson D9

SW - 56 degree Cleveland CBX full face

Putter - Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 4

Looking forward to getting know everyone!

Welcome to the forum @Lanchman!!

• Titleist TSi3 9* (@ 10.5*) Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Jet Set Limited Newport 2 / L.A.B. DF 2.1
  • Maxfli Tour / Titleist AVX

On 9/4/2022 at 2:28 PM, 3jackPro said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Started consistently playing about 5 years ago. Got my index down to a 15 during early covid and right around an 18 today. 

2. What do you love about golf?  The mental challenge and the ability to get out by yourself. I played a lot of tennis after college and golf reminds me a lot of tennis from a mental pov. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I recently started taking my equipment much more seriously after graduating from my game improvement starter set. As such, this appears to be a great community for both equipment and course reviews. I’m on forums for my other hobbies (boating, hunting, cars) so not sure why it took me so long to join a golf forum! 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Home course is Newcastle and live nearby as well. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? We have a relatively short season (I’m a fair weather golfer), but summers in the PNW are incredibly underrated. 

6. What do you do for a living? Finance

7. How’d you pick your user name? I give one of my regular golf buddies a hard time about always three putting. Last year I gave him a box of pro v1s for his birthday custom ordered with “3 jack” on them. I ordered in bulk to get free customization and a little better pricing. Since it gets a chuckle when someone else finds or picks up my ball I stuck with it. Hence 3 jackpro (v1). 

Welcome to the forum @3jackPro!!

• Titleist TSi3 9* (@ 10.5*) Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Jet Set Limited Newport 2 / L.A.B. DF 2.1
  • Maxfli Tour / Titleist AVX