TESTERS WANTED! ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

16 hours ago, bikehikeflywy said:

If you are able and remember, shoot me a message when you're passing through and maybe we can get out of a round. Buffalo, just to the south of here, has a decent track.

Thanks!  We are headed to Virginia for the MGS Outing at Kingsmill so my wife and I will be driving straight through to make sure we get there in plenty of time to get our golf legs working again.  On the way back we have friends to see in Georgia and Tennessee, then a stop for more friends just north of Denver.  A nephew lives in Billings, so if it works out I’ll shoot you a message.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Off and on for nearly 20 years. More seriously the past year with plans to play a lot more this coming season

What do you love about golf? The challenge for one, I've played hockey all my life, and golf is THE off-season sport! It's hard to beat good times with friends on the course.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I was searching the web for reviews on some irons and came across a tester forum review. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am in Palmer Alaska. My home course is Palmer Golf Course with a fair amount of time at Settlers Bay Golf Course

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The short summer and long winter. 

What do you do for a living?  I am a Realtor

How’d you pick your user name? Its been my gaming name since I was a kid, something that's stuck with me. I go by Cannon for short

Driver: Paradym X

3-wood: Rouge st Max D

Hybrid: Callaway super hybrid 17*

Irons: 4-SW Adams RPM

Wedge: Calaway A  (from the 90s)

Putter: Odyssey White Hot 330 Mallet

8 hours ago, Cannon Safe said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Off and on for nearly 20 years. More seriously the past year with plans to play a lot more this coming season

What do you love about golf? The challenge for one, I've played hockey all my life, and golf is THE off-season sport! It's hard to beat good times with friends on the course.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I was searching the web for reviews on some irons and came across a tester forum review. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am in Palmer Alaska. My home course is Palmer Golf Course with a fair amount of time at Settlers Bay Golf Course

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The short summer and long winter. 

What do you do for a living?  I am a Realtor

How’d you pick your user name? Its been my gaming name since I was a kid, something that's stuck with me. I go by Cannon for short

Welcome!! Curious: As someone who has never played hockey, but has had to disentangle a golf and baseball swing, how much do your hockey mechanics show up in your swing?

Founder, PutterCup (puttercupgolf.com)

3 hours ago, matt_puttercup said:

Welcome!! Curious: As someone who has never played hockey, but has had to disentangle a golf and baseball swing, how much do your hockey mechanics show up in your swing?

Edited by Cannon Safe
accidental double post

3 hours ago, matt_puttercup said:

Thanks, glad to be here. You know I never thought of that but down the rabbit hole I go lol. My first thought would be the hip rotation is similar, depending on the type of shot. Since the hands on a hockey stick aren't close together like on a club or bat, I think the hockey habits are a little less likely to show up in the hands part of the swing. I can see how a baseball swing could influence a golf swing. There must be enough similarities between golf and hockey, I believe most NHLers are scratch or near-scratch golfers. The big comment when a team is eliminated from the playoffs is to see ya on the course.

7 hours ago, Cannon Safe said:

Thanks, glad to be here. You know I never thought of that but down the rabbit hole I go lol. My first thought would be the hip rotation is similar, depending on the type of shot. Since the hands on a hockey stick aren't close together like on a club or bat, I think the hockey habits are a little less likely to show up in the hands part of the swing. I can see how a baseball swing could influence a golf swing. There must be enough similarities between golf and hockey, I believe most NHLers are scratch or near-scratch golfers. The big comment when a team is eliminated from the playoffs is to see ya on the course.

I feel like a couple of key golf drills split apart the hands and might even ask for a hockey feel, so maybe I got started with the wrong sport to transition into golf with 🤣

Founder, PutterCup (puttercupgolf.com)

I started to play golf as a means of networking for professional reasons last year. I signed up for a lessons package with a $200 top flight box set to get me going. I very quickly became obsessed with the game, driving my then girlfriend, now wife crazy. After 3 months of lessons and probably 10 or 12 trips around an executive course I finally got the courage to play a full 18 holes and did way better then I thought I would. Being a veteran and not having a particular shine to any brand I went ahead and got fitted into a full PXG bag. I played about 3 or 4 times a week plus a lesson and one range day all of 2023. Helped me quite a bit to consistently getting to score under 90 towards the end of the playable season last year leading to a 16 handicap, however the 5 rounds I've managed to get in so far in 2024 have all been between 86 and 83 so hopefully I'll see that handicap come way down this year!!

BIGant18