Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

2 hours ago, KRISWITHAK said:

Hey everyone,

Kris with a K here from Coeur D' Alene Idaho. 

I'm Kris with a K because everyone always gets it wrong and spells it Chris so why not be up front and state it.

I started playing golf as a youngster in the Californian desert and continued through high school into college. I have been fortunate enough to play some excellent golf courses all over the country being a navy brat and playing collegiate golf.

I try my best to keep my handicap between a 2 and 5 with the long winters we have in North Idaho but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. I play most of my golf at a beautiful Jim Engh course here called Black Rock as well as a handful of other great tracks in the area, and when I get lucky the famous floating green. 

Coeur D' Alene has beautiful moderately warm summers with beautiful mountains and lake views so get when the gettin's good. The other half of the year is filled with rain and the white stuff that consumes every green blade of grass turning the place into a white, frigid paradise. Luckily there are a handful of indoor facilities that have monitors loaded with some of the best courses in the country to keep your game somewhat sharp. Nothing quite compares to seeing the egg fly though. 

When I'm not golfing I fill my time with fishing and motorcycle riding which are all prime options with the weather we have during the summer and fall. Most of my time though is consumed sitting in a Jeep dealership as a Used Car Manager. A rewarding job when you can break down all the barriers and stereo types we get and actually help a customer. 

Mygolfspy instantly grabbed my attention due to the honesty and hard work put into making sure us as consumers have a unbiased and tested review on the ever changing equipment we have today. It's refreshing and honest and appreciated by so many of us. Being pretty fresh here I don't know any spies but am sure I'm surrounded by a few. 

With every round being different and providing a different experience, its not hard to say I love golf, but more difficult to explain why. One particular scene pops into my head though when I close my eyes and think of golf. 

It's a sunny summertime morning and the grass is covered in dew, I'm walking and just teed off. Being the first on the golf course every step I take flings drops of water onto my calves as I make my way to my tee shot. In the middle of the fairway I see the track of my golf ball landing, skipping and rolling in the dew and there rests my ball. It's that feeling that makes me love golf.... and of course absolutely puring an iron to 3 feet.

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0144 (002).JPG

Welcome from the TriCities in SE Wahington.  I play on a JJ Engh course, but it's certainly not as nice as yours, being a muni.  My wife grew up in Spokane and Hayden Lake, so I know the area pretty well.  

I just saw today that Circling Raven is opening on March 27 with $55 rates until April 9.  I would probably go up for a round or two, but we are leaving for SoCal that weekend.  

As @CarlH said, we have a Spy gathering in Bend June 25-27.  Check out the thread for course info.  I think we are still in the planning phase.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

@KRISWITHAK

Welcome to the forums. My wife and I love the sand Point area, so beautiful. We did our PNW golf spy get together in Spokane last year, lots and lots of courses over in that area. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

• 2 weeks later...

@Thin2win

Thank you! Sand Point is a beautiful area, looking forward to getting up there for some golf this year! 

:taylormade-small: M3, 9.5, TENSEI 70, X

:titelist-small: 913F, 15, DIAMANA 72, S

:titelist-small: 913H, 19, DIAMANA 82, S

SUB70 639 CB 4-6 MB 7-PW, KBS TOUR, X

:taylormade-small:ZTP 52, 56 

:vokey-small: SM7 60

:scotty-cameron-1: STUDIO SELECT NEWPORT 2, SUPERSTROKE TRAXION TOUR 2.0

:taylormade-small: TP5X

@Kenny B

Some of my favorite courses are in Hayden by far. I love that tight tree lined old school feel. I look forward to everything opening up, hopefully our countries current situation doesn't push everything back too far. 

I will do my best to make it! A good golf trip sounds just right, right about now. 

thank you

KB

@CarlH

Thank you! I will be checking that for sure. 

Hi All,

Thought it would be cool to have a post where we can get a sense of who is contributing to the community. The format I propose would be to introduce ourselves and then shortly explain our background and who is allow to join Mygolfspy. Feel free to add more information 😀

I’ll start... I’m Davina, from Seattle, WA. There are lots of reasons that women decide to take up Golf. Fortunately, I started as a kid, and I’ve never known a life without the game. This is a gift I highly recommend parents giving their children, but not all women are so fortunate.

Golf can come into our life for business reasons, for exercise, because of retirement or just a desire to challenge ourself. Although there are many different ways in which someone can get into this game.

49 minutes ago, dpettyvina said:

Hi All,

Thought it would be cool to have a post where we can get a sense of who is contributing to the community. The format I propose would be to introduce ourselves and then shortly explain our background and who is allow to join Mygolfspy. Feel free to add more information 😀

I’ll start... I’m Davina, from Seattle, WA. There are lots of reasons that women decide to take up Golf. Fortunately, I started as a kid, and I’ve never known a life without the game. This is a gift I highly recommend parents giving their children, but not all women are so fortunate.

Golf can come into our life for business reasons, for exercise, because of retirement or just a desire to challenge ourself. Although there are many different ways in which someone can get into this game.

Welcome Davina... from the dry side of the state!!  Anyone can join MyGolfSpy, there are well over 80,000 members from all over the world.  These introduction threads are provided regionally across the US and there is one for International members.  It's a space where new members (and some older members who never officially introduced themselves) can let us know who you are and where you play golf.  As you can imagine, most members in Washington are around the Seattle area.  

I started playing almost 30 years ago when I couldn't play other sports anymore.  My wife has played since 1963, growing up in Spokane.  In the Pacific Northwest we had a gathering in Spokane last summer, and there is another one planned for June 25-27 this year in Bend, OR, assuming this virus thing winds down.  You are certainly welcome to join in this year if you wish.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Welcome Davina. I'm Dave from Monroe Been playing a little over 20 years got started on a weekend racing. started playing more seriously about 15 yrs ago. played in a league for about 10 years but a job change made that go away.. Still play between 25-40 rounds a year.. Again Welcome.

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

@KRISWITHAK, your pictures, is that Black Rock?? We ( my best friend, FIL, and His BF) have taken a guys trip to Coeur D' Alene 4-5 times now.. We will usually play either a Spokane course or Circling Raven.. Have played Qualchan, Esmerelda, and Indian Canyon.. Great courses and fairly priced.

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

2 hours ago, Reesedw said:

@KRISWITHAK, your pictures, is that Black Rock?? We ( my best friend, FIL, and His BF) have taken a guys trip to Coeur D' Alene 4-5 times now.. We will usually play either a Spokane course or Circling Raven.. Have played Qualchan, Esmerelda, and Indian Canyon.. Great courses and fairly priced.

My muni course and The Club at Black Rock were designed by the same architect JJ Engh.  However, that is the only thing that's the same!!! 

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

My muni course and The Club at Black Rock were designed by the same architect JJ Engh.  However, that is the only thing that's the same!!! 

I would love to play Black rock I heard it's gorgeous, and better than Coeur D' Alene resort, oh yeah and Private. Elway is a member, He used to be a regular at Coeur D' Alene. but then bought into Black rock.. 

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

9 minutes ago, Reesedw said:

I would love to play Black rock I heard it's gorgeous, and better than Coeur D' Alene resort, oh yeah and Private. Elway is a member, He used to be a regular at Coeur D' Alene. but then bought into Black rock.. 

Several celebs have, and I don't blame them!!!

Hello all from Lynnwood, WA and current lock down purgatory.  Just joined the forum. 

By way of introduction, I've been playing golf for about 20 years now.  Picked it up seriously senior year in college.  I mostly play at Harbour Pointe where I am an active member of the men's club, but I try to play other courses around the greater Seattle area.  I play at least once every two weeks during the off-season, but once a week at least in season.  I would play more if my better half would let me.  

This stay at home order is killing me - i rarely go a week without going to the range at least once.  Thankfully I was able to get in 36 at HP Saturday before the order came down!

I love the work My Golf Spy does so I figured it was time to join the forum, and also have a chance at testing the T100s*.  I've been curious about them since they were released.  My friend has the T100, and they look awesome, albeit a little intimidating compared to the size of my Apex 19s.  I considered trying the T100, but i know i would be frustrated by what I'm sure would be some distance loss since the lofts on the Apex are a tad stronger.  

Hope all are well and staying as sane as possible during this crazy time!

4 minutes ago, Dave P. HPMC said:

Hello all from Lynnwood, WA and current lock down purgatory.  Just joined the forum. 

By way of introduction, I've been playing golf for about 20 years now.  Picked it up seriously senior year in college.  I mostly play at Harbour Pointe where I am an active member of the men's club, but I try to play other courses around the greater Seattle area.  I play at least once every two weeks during the off-season, but once a week at least in season.  I would play more if my better half would let me.  

This stay at home order is killing me - i rarely go a week without going to the range at least once.  Thankfully I was able to get in 36 at HP Saturday before the order came down!

I love the work My Golf Spy does so I figured it was time to join the forum, and also have a chance at testing the T100s*.  I've been curious about them since they were released.  My friend has the T100, and they look awesome, albeit a little intimidating compared to the size of my Apex 19s.  I considered trying the T100, but i know i would be frustrated by what I'm sure would be some distance loss since the lofts on the Apex are a tad stronger.  

Welcome to the forum. I'm Dave and I'm from Monroe.. 

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:08 PM, Reesedw said:

Yes sir! There is so much great golf here no matter what state you're in. Qualchan is one of my favorites. I went and played CDA Public last Sunday before the state shut down and it was in great shape. There something about the tree lined courses in the area that I really enjoy. Black Rock is definitely more of a resort style golf course, but I think Jim does a good job at creating ideal risk/reward golf in all of his courses. 

21 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I bet there are some similarities for sure! I went to school in Grand Junction Colorado and had the opportunity to play a few of his courses over there and I loved finding all the similarities. 

@Dave P. HPMC

Oh harbor point, I used to live in Mukilteo, so played that track a lot. Definitely a course where accuracy beats distance, at least on the front 9. 

Welcome to the forums. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

10 hours ago, Dave P. HPMC said:

Welcome, i’m from the bothell / mill creek area, not too far from you.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

11 hours ago, Dave P. HPMC said:

Welcome from the dry side of the state!!  It's tough not playing.  Reminds me of being "grounded" when I was young.  I've been retired for 5 years now, so playing golf is nearly a daily routine.  If I didn't, my better half would drag ME to the course!!  

With more and more golfers joining MGS on the wet side, we might have to have a gathering there when all this blows over.  I get over to Seattle occasionally to see BIL and friends.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?    All my life! Dad won two state championships in WA when he was younger and that inspired me. GHIN ~ 3.5

2. What do you love about golf? Everything, except how pros can't wear shorts on tournament days.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?    Do you already know any other Spies? Club info, forums, new knowledge. Don't know any other spies.

4. Where are you from? Liberty Lake, Washington(near Spokane) What is your home course?  Tacoma, WA. Go all around wherever there is a deal. Chambers is probably my home course. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best: number of different courses around here, Worst: Rain I guess, but it just adds another challenge.

6. What do you do for a living? Student. Will be figuring this out soon. Probably going into real estate.

7. How’d you pick your user name? I have been a caddie at Chambers Bay for 4 years and love it. I could do it all my life honestly. Chambers has one tree on the entire course next to 16 tee and behind 15 green, its called the Lone Fir. Here's a picture of it, although I'm sure you all have already seen it.

IMG_7618.JPG

Edited by TheLoneFir

- KC

:taylormade-small: 9.5* M5 w/ Tour AD Di-6

:taylormade-small: M4 3-wood w/ Oban Revenge S

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Tour Preferred 2 Iron

:srixon-small: 4-AW Srixon 785s w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey 54* 10 M Vokey SM5 

:vokey-small: 58* 08 M Vokey SM7

:scotty-cameron-1: Scotty Cameron Select Squareback

All Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Standard Grips and custom paint job on all irons and wedges

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   I started playing golf in my early 20's during college at OSU, then took a break because of family and being an adult, not that I am older I have been playing 2-3 times a week in the Portland OR Vancouver area (I live in Vanvcouver WA)

2. What do you love about golf? The walk, the challenge of the sport. The only sport that the ball isnt moving and you get to hit it

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I want to learn about what other people are doing, club choices. No I do not know anyone

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Vancouver WA I play all over SW WA Portland 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The rain, you dont get the bounce all the time, but it is still mild enough to play all year

6. What do you do for a living? Retired

7. How’d you pick your user name? It was available

I Play in SW WA and in the PDX area

I like to walk, I have a Clicgear with all the accoutrements and I am considering getting a V2.

3 hours ago, Manny said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   I started playing golf in my early 20's during college at OSU, then took a break because of family and being an adult, not that I am older I have been playing 2-3 times a week in the Portland OR Vancouver area (I live in Vanvcouver WA)

2. What do you love about golf? The walk, the challenge of the sport. The only sport that the ball isnt moving and you get to hit it

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I want to learn about what other people are doing, club choices. No I do not know anyone

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Vancouver WA I play all over SW WA Portland 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The rain, you dont get the bounce all the time, but it is still mild enough to play all year

6. What do you do for a living? Retired

7. How’d you pick your user name? It was available

Welcome from up the Columbia River 200 miles, and from one Beat to another!  Class of '69.  I haven't played much in the Portland area, as I am always passing through to Corvallis.  I grew up there.

On 3/28/2020 at 4:39 PM, TheLoneFir said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?    All my life! Dad won two state championships in WA when he was younger and that inspired me. GHIN ~ 3.5

2. What do you love about golf? Everything, except how pros can't wear shorts on tournament days.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?    Do you already know any other Spies? Club info, forums, new knowledge. Don't know any other spies.

4. Where are you from? Liberty Lake, Washington(near Spokane) What is your home course?  Tacoma, WA. Go all around wherever there is a deal. Chambers is probably my home course. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best: number of different courses around here, Worst: Rain I guess, but it just adds another challenge.

6. What do you do for a living? Student. Will be figuring this out soon. Probably going into real estate.

7. How’d you pick your user name? I have been a caddie at Chambers Bay for 4 years and love it. I could do it all my life honestly. Chambers has one tree on the entire course next to 16 tee and behind 15 green, its called the Lone Fir. Here's a picture of it, although I'm sure you all have already seen it.

IMG_7618.JPG

Welcome from SE Washington!  My wife grew up in Spokane so we go there a lot to play.  I have got to get over to play Chambers Bay before I am no longer able to walk courses.  Each year it gets a little tougher for these old legs!!

Just getting into posting here on MGS. I've been a forum user for a while, but thought I'd start posting and contributing after I've become an MGS disciple. 

I've been swinging sticks since I was about 4-5 yo. My parents used the golf course as a free baby sitter. I grew up in Bismarck, ND where the Junior Golf program is outstanding. Five public courses in the area that allowed any U-18 player to tee off for free as long as it was before noon. I could play up to 54 holes on some mornings and be done around 3-4 for my parents to pick me up. I played competitively through HS, then lost the game through college and early career years. I'm a natural 8-9 handicap, but since I picked up new gear I've committed to reaching 4 this summer.

I love most everything about this game, maybe not all of the industry, though. I've done every job there is on a course except being a club pro. Cart barn, greens crew, bev cart (dudes don't get tipped that often), pro shop, kitchen. I love being outside, the strategy and executive decisions, the smell of the grass, and most of the people I get to play with. Also love the betting games and those side bets.

I'm a mechanical engineer, but find a different mindset on the course. Any other engineers out there? Any loopers looking to play? It may be my last summer here in OR so I'm setting out to make a tour of all the great courses out here.

:titelist-small: TS4, 9.5, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.5TX
:cleveland-small: Launcher 3W, 15, Fujikara Gold X-Stiff
:callaway-small: Apex Pro 19 4-W, Dynamic Gold X100
:vokey-small: SM6 56
:vokey-small: SM7 50, 52, 60
:scotty-small: Circa 62 No. 2
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

1. How long have you been playing golf? 30 year What’s your handicap or normal score? 3.9 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside w friends. Walking a quick 9 after work is a great way to unwind.  Lastly, you can always get better.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Honest content.  Other golf lovers.  Opportunity to test equipment and post review. Do you already know any other Spies? Not yet

4. Where are you from? Maryland What is your home course?  Turf Valley

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best would be layout of courses.  At my home course, we have two tracks.  One is open and long w lots of water.  The other is hilly, shortish, and tight.  Very different yet both very challenging!  Worst would be no year around golfing  

6. What do you do for a living? Finance

How’d you pick your user name? It’s what my wife calls me. Scott is my middle name. 

Spoiler

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 Fujikura Ventus TR Black 5x

:titelist-small: TSR2+ 14.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6s

:titelist-small: TSR2 18 degree Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6s

:titelist-small: T200 Utility Build 4iron Graphite Design Tour AD DI

:titelist-small: T100s 5-P Dynamic Gold TI X100 

:vokey-small: SM 9 50, 54, 58

:cameron-small: Super Select Golo 6

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Hey everyone, I've been playing golf all of one year now, just starting my second season, if I don't get quarantined completely first. I've played a couple rounds this year already and my handicap didn't change from last year still sitting at a solid 17. I did play a bit when I was a kid and funny how the thing I hated most about it then is what I love about it now, the challenge; I get myself into a lot of pickles and have to figure the best way out of them. I enjoy it; though, nothing is quite as enjoyable as that really good round where I don't cause myself too much trouble and end up playing a really great round.

I've read quite a few reviews on here and seen how you can get some really good unbiased reviews and opinions on here. I'm from Idaho southeast side of the state and we have 3 "championship" courses here, though I try to hit Sand Creek as often as possible. The best thing about golf around here is you seldom have to worry about the rain messing up your game though the worst thing would be the wind or/and snow we get.

I do work in agriculture so sometimes specially into the fall I don't get much time to play but making it a goal to play as often as I can this year. As for my username, it's an old nickname I had during my football days. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and hopefully improving my game along the way and just maybe being able to help someone else improve theirs!

•  

Welcome to the forum, @pazman, @JScott, @remste17 , @Manny and anyone else I missed.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

4 hours ago, pazman said:

Hey everyone, I've been playing golf all of one year now, just starting my second season, if I don't get quarantined completely first. I've played a couple rounds this year already and my handicap didn't change from last year still sitting at a solid 17. I did play a bit when I was a kid and funny how the thing I hated most about it then is what I love about it now, the challenge; I get myself into a lot of pickles and have to figure the best way out of them. I enjoy it; though, nothing is quite as enjoyable as that really good round where I don't cause myself too much trouble and end up playing a really great round.

I've read quite a few reviews on here and seen how you can get some really good unbiased reviews and opinions on here. I'm from Idaho southeast side of the state and we have 3 "championship" courses here, though I try to hit Sand Creek as often as possible. The best thing about golf around here is you seldom have to worry about the rain messing up your game though the worst thing would be the wind or/and snow we get.

I do work in agriculture so sometimes specially into the fall I don't get much time to play but making it a goal to play as often as I can this year. As for my username, it's an old nickname I had during my football days. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and hopefully improving my game along the way and just maybe being able to help someone else improve theirs!

•  

Welcome!  I've played Sand Creek a few times when visiting for business, but that was 10 years ago or so and I was a solid 17 back then.  Pinecrest was a lot nicer and much more difficult, at least for me!!

On 3/28/2020 at 4:39 PM, TheLoneFir said:

IMG_7618.JPG

Man Chambers Bay! What a sweet track. Welcome