GolfSpy MPR

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Our Sponsors

I actually used to be a golf professional at Arrowhead quite awhile ago. It's a hidden gem. Especially in the summer, our greens at WVCC are pretty good. The biggest thing is they're all fair. Clubs like Waverly and Portland have great greens, but they're still original designs from back when a 7 on the meter was fast. At 11 or 12 they're almost unplayable at times. 

Truth. Those greens would be so much more fun at 7 or 8. Especially Waverley.

Sent from OregonMyGolfSpy

What I lug around the golf course in my MacKenzie Walker.

Driver -   Ping G410 Plus 9° Tour 65 S
Fairway -  :srixon-small: Z785 13.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: Z785  TTDG IT S400 3,5-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX4 Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Nike  Method Converge B1-01 UST Frequency Filter/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black / Ping Anser F/ Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

53 minutes ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Truth. Those greens would be so much more fun at 7 or 8. Especially Waverley.

I played in the Oregon AM last year at Portland, on the second day of match play the pin was in the middle of the green on 6 and the guy I was playing hit it about 7' long. He missed it on the right edge barely moving and it rolled off the front edge. I absolutely love that course, but that's just brutal. 

I've watched people 4 putt #3 at Waverly multiple times too. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 5:34 AM, Kenny B said:

Well, we've probably seen each other.  I don't play in the gangsome.  My wife was still working until this year, and she only got to play 18 holes on the weekend, so I play with her.  I play a few other times during the week, but mostly practice.

If ya played out at West with Arey I'm sure we've  seen each other. Bought a 5 yr. membership as soon as Rod got it. Played there all the time while he was still alive. Haven't played out there since the Leon Parnell tourney in 18 and not sure how long before that. Played Pro-ams with Rod, Larry, Marc and Danny as our pros. Man that's a lot of pros to play with from one course. Sean was a year behind me in school.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vspin1 said:

If ya played out at West with Arey I'm sure we've  seen each other. Bought a 5 yr. membership as soon as Rod got it. Played there all the time while he was still alive. Haven't played out there since the Leon Parnell tourney in 18 and not sure how long before that. Played Pro-ams with Rod, Larry, Marc and Danny as our pros. Man that's a lot of pros to play with from one course. Sean was a year behind me in school.

Yep!  I'd probably recognize you!  I played pro-ams with all of them except Marc.  Yeah, I played with all the Parnells.  Leon's G-son, Quentin is now at Walla Walla CC.  Danny was my first teacher.  I was awful then!!  Jeff told me once that I had "hands of stone" chipping and putting.  I left West when Jeff started Buckskin, then I moved to Columbia Point in 2015.  I still play occasionally at West with Danny.

Aging sucks...  Are you tough enough to get old?

21 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Yep!  I'd probably recognize you!  I played pro-ams with all of them except Marc.  Yeah, I played with all the Parnells.  Leon's G-son, Quentin is now at Walla Walla CC.  Danny was my first teacher.  I was awful then!!  Jeff told me once that I had "hands of stone" chipping and putting.  I left West when Jeff started Buckskin, then I moved to Columbia Point in 2015.  I still play occasionally at West with Danny.

Played with Marc, Mike, Quinton, Garcia, Eliason, Gottsch and some others at Blackrock Monday.

• Like 1

I played in the Oregon AM last year at Portland, on the second day of match play the pin was in the middle of the green on 6 and the guy I was playing hit it about 7' long. He missed it on the right edge barely moving and it rolled off the front edge. I absolutely love that course, but that's just brutal. 
I've watched people 4 putt #3 at Waverly multiple times too. 

Last time I played #3, flag was cut front left. I landed a low spinner 1 foot past the pin, and 4 putted for double...

• Like 1

What I lug around the golf course in my MacKenzie Walker.

Driver -   Ping G410 Plus 9° Tour 65 S
Fairway -  :srixon-small: Z785 13.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: Z785  TTDG IT S400 3,5-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX4 Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Nike  Method Converge B1-01 UST Frequency Filter/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black / Ping Anser F/ Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

1. How long have you been playing golf? 30 years What’s your handicap or normal score? 16.1 index

2. What do you love about golf? Outdoors, friends, fun, and occasionally a good score!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Member since 2015 Do you already know any other Spies? Yes

4. Where are you from? Cheney, WA What is your home course? Downriver Golf Course, Spokane, WA

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the price. We have some amazing courses in the area at very reasonable prices ~$35/round. Worst is its seasonal, 3-5 months off for winter!

6. What do you do for a living? Network Engineer/IT Director

7. How’d you pick your user name? Old username I have used for years!

• Like 2

Jason Day (No, not that one!)

Irons: Callaway Rogue X Regular Flex Steel

Driver: Ping G400 Regular flex

Right Handed

Cheney, WA

Avg 18 Hole Score: ~92

12 hours ago, Jason Day said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? 30 years What’s your handicap or normal score? 16.1 index

2. What do you love about golf? Outdoors, friends, fun, and occasionally a good score!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Member since 2015 Do you already know any other Spies? Yes

4. Where are you from? Cheney, WA What is your home course? Downriver Golf Course, Spokane, WA

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the price. We have some amazing courses in the area at very reasonable prices ~$35/round. Worst is its seasonal, 3-5 months off for winter!

6. What do you do for a living? Network Engineer/IT Director

7. How’d you pick your user name? Old username I have used for years!

Welcome from 2 hours south.  We get a lot of players coming from the Spokane area during the winter months.  Typically, 10º warmer and a lot less snow.  My wife grew up in Spokane and played a lot of golf there since H.S.  

Hey everyone,

Kris with a K here from Coeur D' Alene Idaho. 

I'm Kris with a K because everyone always gets it wrong and spells it Chris so why not be up front and state it.

I started playing golf as a youngster in the Californian desert and continued through high school into college. I have been fortunate enough to play some excellent golf courses all over the country being a navy brat and playing collegiate golf.

I try my best to keep my handicap between a 2 and 5 with the long winters we have in North Idaho but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. I play most of my golf at a beautiful Jim Engh course here called Black Rock as well as a handful of other great tracks in the area, and when I get lucky the famous floating green. 

Coeur D' Alene has beautiful moderately warm summers with beautiful mountains and lake views so get when the gettin's good. The other half of the year is filled with rain and the white stuff that consumes every green blade of grass turning the place into a white, frigid paradise. Luckily there are a handful of indoor facilities that have monitors loaded with some of the best courses in the country to keep your game somewhat sharp. Nothing quite compares to seeing the egg fly though. 

When I'm not golfing I fill my time with fishing and motorcycle riding which are all prime options with the weather we have during the summer and fall. Most of my time though is consumed sitting in a Jeep dealership as a Used Car Manager. A rewarding job when you can break down all the barriers and stereo types we get and actually help a customer. 

Mygolfspy instantly grabbed my attention due to the honesty and hard work put into making sure us as consumers have a unbiased and tested review on the ever changing equipment we have today. It's refreshing and honest and appreciated by so many of us. Being pretty fresh here I don't know any spies but am sure I'm surrounded by a few. 

With every round being different and providing a different experience, its not hard to say I love golf, but more difficult to explain why. One particular scene pops into my head though when I close my eyes and think of golf. 

It's a sunny summertime morning and the grass is covered in dew, I'm walking and just teed off. Being the first on the golf course every step I take flings drops of water onto my calves as I make my way to my tee shot. In the middle of the fairway I see the track of my golf ball landing, skipping and rolling in the dew and there rests my ball. It's that feeling that makes me love golf.... and of course absolutely puring an iron to 3 feet.

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0144 (002).JPG

• Like 2

:taylormade-small: M3, 9.5, TENSEI 70, X

:titelist-small: 913F, 15, DIAMANA 72, S

:titelist-small: 913H, 19, DIAMANA 82, S

SUB70 639 CB 4-6 MB 7-PW, KBS TOUR, X

:taylormade-small:ZTP 52, 56 

:vokey-small: SM7 60

:scotty-cameron-1: STUDIO SELECT NEWPORT 2, SUPERSTROKE TRAXION TOUR 2.0

:taylormade-small: TP5X

@KRISWITHAK welcome to here!  Check out our upcoming PNW gathering in Bend Oregon.  Join us if you can!

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Flicker and Smugmug

2 hours ago, KRISWITHAK said:

Hey everyone,

Kris with a K here from Coeur D' Alene Idaho. 

I'm Kris with a K because everyone always gets it wrong and spells it Chris so why not be up front and state it.

I started playing golf as a youngster in the Californian desert and continued through high school into college. I have been fortunate enough to play some excellent golf courses all over the country being a navy brat and playing collegiate golf.

I try my best to keep my handicap between a 2 and 5 with the long winters we have in North Idaho but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. I play most of my golf at a beautiful Jim Engh course here called Black Rock as well as a handful of other great tracks in the area, and when I get lucky the famous floating green. 

Coeur D' Alene has beautiful moderately warm summers with beautiful mountains and lake views so get when the gettin's good. The other half of the year is filled with rain and the white stuff that consumes every green blade of grass turning the place into a white, frigid paradise. Luckily there are a handful of indoor facilities that have monitors loaded with some of the best courses in the country to keep your game somewhat sharp. Nothing quite compares to seeing the egg fly though. 

When I'm not golfing I fill my time with fishing and motorcycle riding which are all prime options with the weather we have during the summer and fall. Most of my time though is consumed sitting in a Jeep dealership as a Used Car Manager. A rewarding job when you can break down all the barriers and stereo types we get and actually help a customer. 

Mygolfspy instantly grabbed my attention due to the honesty and hard work put into making sure us as consumers have a unbiased and tested review on the ever changing equipment we have today. It's refreshing and honest and appreciated by so many of us. Being pretty fresh here I don't know any spies but am sure I'm surrounded by a few. 

With every round being different and providing a different experience, its not hard to say I love golf, but more difficult to explain why. One particular scene pops into my head though when I close my eyes and think of golf. 

It's a sunny summertime morning and the grass is covered in dew, I'm walking and just teed off. Being the first on the golf course every step I take flings drops of water onto my calves as I make my way to my tee shot. In the middle of the fairway I see the track of my golf ball landing, skipping and rolling in the dew and there rests my ball. It's that feeling that makes me love golf.... and of course absolutely puring an iron to 3 feet.

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0144 (002).JPG

Welcome from the TriCities in SE Wahington.  I play on a JJ Engh course, but it's certainly not as nice as yours, being a muni.  My wife grew up in Spokane and Hayden Lake, so I know the area pretty well.  

I just saw today that Circling Raven is opening on March 27 with $55 rates until April 9.  I would probably go up for a round or two, but we are leaving for SoCal that weekend.  

As @CarlH said, we have a Spy gathering in Bend June 25-27.  Check out the thread for course info.  I think we are still in the planning phase.

• Like 1

@KRISWITHAK

Welcome to the forums. My wife and I love the sand Point area, so beautiful. We did our PNW golf spy get together in Spokane last year, lots and lots of courses over in that area. 

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Hybrids:    :callaway-small: Mavrik 23°

Irons:    :ping-small: i500 5, Nippon NS Pro Modus3 105, stiff

:ping-small: i200 6-PW, Nippon NS Pro Modus3 105, stiff

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 50°

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy Forged 56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

@Thin2win

Thank you! Sand Point is a beautiful area, looking forward to getting up there for some golf this year! 

@Kenny B

Some of my favorite courses are in Hayden by far. I love that tight tree lined old school feel. I look forward to everything opening up, hopefully our countries current situation doesn't push everything back too far. 

I will do my best to make it! A good golf trip sounds just right, right about now. 

thank you

KB

• Like 1

@CarlH

Thank you! I will be checking that for sure. 

• Like 1

Hi All,

Thought it would be cool to have a post where we can get a sense of who is contributing to the community. The format I propose would be to introduce ourselves and then shortly explain our background and who is allow to join Mygolfspy. Feel free to add more information 😀

I’ll start... I’m Davina, from Seattle, WA. There are lots of reasons that women decide to take up Golf. Fortunately, I started as a kid, and I’ve never known a life without the game. This is a gift I highly recommend parents giving their children, but not all women are so fortunate.

Golf can come into our life for business reasons, for exercise, because of retirement or just a desire to challenge ourself. Although there are many different ways in which someone can get into this game.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, dpettyvina said:

Hi All,

Thought it would be cool to have a post where we can get a sense of who is contributing to the community. The format I propose would be to introduce ourselves and then shortly explain our background and who is allow to join Mygolfspy. Feel free to add more information 😀

I’ll start... I’m Davina, from Seattle, WA. There are lots of reasons that women decide to take up Golf. Fortunately, I started as a kid, and I’ve never known a life without the game. This is a gift I highly recommend parents giving their children, but not all women are so fortunate.

Golf can come into our life for business reasons, for exercise, because of retirement or just a desire to challenge ourself. Although there are many different ways in which someone can get into this game.

Welcome Davina... from the dry side of the state!!  Anyone can join MyGolfSpy, there are well over 80,000 members from all over the world.  These introduction threads are provided regionally across the US and there is one for International members.  It's a space where new members (and some older members who never officially introduced themselves) can let us know who you are and where you play golf.  As you can imagine, most members in Washington are around the Seattle area.  

I started playing almost 30 years ago when I couldn't play other sports anymore.  My wife has played since 1963, growing up in Spokane.  In the Pacific Northwest we had a gathering in Spokane last summer, and there is another one planned for June 25-27 this year in Bend, OR, assuming this virus thing winds down.  You are certainly welcome to join in this year if you wish.

• Like 1

Welcome Davina. I'm Dave from Monroe Been playing a little over 20 years got started on a weekend racing. started playing more seriously about 15 yrs ago. played in a league for about 10 years but a job change made that go away.. Still play between 25-40 rounds a year.. Again Welcome.

• Like 1

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

@KRISWITHAK, your pictures, is that Black Rock?? We ( my best friend, FIL, and His BF) have taken a guys trip to Coeur D' Alene 4-5 times now.. We will usually play either a Spokane course or Circling Raven.. Have played Qualchan, Esmerelda, and Indian Canyon.. Great courses and fairly priced.

• Like 2

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

2 hours ago, Reesedw said:

@KRISWITHAK, your pictures, is that Black Rock?? We ( my best friend, FIL, and His BF) have taken a guys trip to Coeur D' Alene 4-5 times now.. We will usually play either a Spokane course or Circling Raven.. Have played Qualchan, Esmerelda, and Indian Canyon.. Great courses and fairly priced.

My muni course and The Club at Black Rock were designed by the same architect JJ Engh.  However, that is the only thing that's the same!!! 

• Like 1