TESTERS WANTED! ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Been using MGS for reviews on gear for a while now (I tend to obsess and nerd out over gear in all my hobbies) so I figured I would get in on the forum action. Technically I live just across the border, but work in WA so most of my rounds are in the Bellingham area.

Been playing golf for probably 10 years or so, but only got serious about it in the last couple of years (after I downloaded the GolfShot app and started tracking my rounds). 23 handicap, so I know I suck, but I managed to put up a +13 net score just last Friday while out with my brother (on a par 63 course) so I feel like things are trending up! I was actually hitting even par on the back nine until I double-bogeyed 18, but now I'm anxious to get back out and play another round!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

23 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

Been using MGS for reviews on gear for a while now (I tend to obsess and nerd out over gear in all my hobbies) so I figured I would get in on the forum action. Technically I live just across the border, but work in WA so most of my rounds are in the Bellingham area.

Been playing golf for probably 10 years or so, but only got serious about it in the last couple of years (after I downloaded the GolfShot app and started tracking my rounds). 23 handicap, so I know I suck, but I managed to put up a +13 net score just last Friday while out with my brother (on a par 63 course) so I feel like things are trending up! I was actually hitting even par on the back nine until I double-bogeyed 18, but now I'm anxious to get back out and play another round!

Welcome from the dry side of WA!!  On any given day, any of us suck at golf!!  It's the nature of the game.  It just provides added incentive to improve.  I started playing 28 years ago at age 45, and it has been a long, slow adventure to get better.  Enjoy it!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, gavinski91 said:

Where in Bellingham do you play? I'm 20 minutes south of there, but would happily head north if you wanted to get a round in. I'm a member at Avalon, and at Skagit country club if you want to play further south sometime. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

4 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Where in Bellingham do you play? I'm 20 minutes south of there, but would happily head north if you wanted to get a round in. I'm a member at Avalon, and at Skagit country club if you want to play further south sometime. 

North Bellingham and Shuksan are my go-tos if I'm playing 18, or Homestead up in Lynden. I'm usually trying to golf on a budget though, so my most played course is Raspberry Ridge, the local par-34 9-hole where you can get $15 super-twilight rounds with free replay (race the sunlight to get a full 18 in!).

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

I've never played raspberry Ridge, but I've heard it is fun, I used to live right by Padden, so I've played that one the most. But all are fun. Really, I'm up for golf, so let me know. 

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Will do! I'm going to try and cross the border for work tomorrow and moving forward, so if they let me in then I'll be looking for some late afternoon/early evening weekday partners fairly soon.

Edited by gavinski91

12 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

Will do! I'm going to try and cross the border for work tomorrow and moving forward, so if they let me in then I'll be looking for some late afternoon/early evening weekday partners fairly soon.

I've never golfed in BC, but I do have a nexus, so that would be possible to once the border reopens 

WITB:

• 2 weeks later...

1.  I have been playing golf on and off since I was old enough to remember.  I am in my 40’s now, joined a local club in Bozeman, MT about 4 years ago and have been playing few times a week since when it’s not snowing.  

2.  I love just getting outside, the shots that keep you coming back, the challenges physical and mental.  

3.  Not sure, I like reading the myspy reviews and reading about new gear and etc.  Didn’t even know there was a forum. 

4.  Bozeman, MT - Riverside, CC 

5.  summer is awesome here and worst is Bozeman is growing way to fast.  

6.  I am a Officer recruiter for the US Navy (2 more years till retire). My wife and I also own Aveda lifestyle Spa and Salon.  

7.  I am a love mountain snowmobiling in the winter on my Ski-doo Summit 850 165 expert model.  Summit74 is my name in Snowest forum. 

Apex 19 pros

Odessey Ten putter 

Epic flash driver and 3 wood

Mavrik pro hybrid

47 minutes ago, Summit74 said:

1.  I have been playing golf on and off since I was old enough to remember.  I am in my 40’s now, joined a local club in Bozeman, MT about 4 years ago and have been playing few times a week since when it’s not snowing.  

@fixyurdivot is right in your neck of the woods. We do an annual PNW golf event, this year's has been rescheduled due to obvious reasons, but we are looking at heading to Boise for some golf. 

WITB:

56 minutes ago, Rushfan96 said:

Hello I’m rushfan. I’ve been on another forum for fifteen years now I’m here. I live in Washington state for summer and far west Texas the rest of the year. I follow my golf spy on Instagram and am a big fan. 

Welcome to MGS!

Ugh, it's supposed to rain again in the Seattle area this weekend. I need some dryer fairways to get some roll-out.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Ugh, it's supposed to rain again in the Seattle area this weekend. I need some dryer fairways to get some roll-out.

I hear you there! This was my tee shot with my driver on #3 at Homestead Farms on Wednesday - 235 yards of carry, -1 yard of roll-out. Also the only hole in the round (9 holes) that I got both FIR and GIR, so of course I 3-putted for a bogey.

IMG_1887.JPG

Edited by gavinski91

23 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

I hear you there! This was my tee shot with my driver on #3 at Homestead Farms on Wednesday - 235 yards of carry, -1 yard of roll-out. Also the only hole in the round (9 holes) that I got both FIR and GIR, so of course I 3-putted for a bogey.

IMG_1887.JPG

I hit one the other day that buried itself in the ground in the middle of the fairway. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Come on down to Central Oregon. We have been near 80* for the last 3 days and the course all stay pretty dry over here

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

44 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

Come on down to Central Oregon. We have been near 80* for the last 3 days and the course all stay pretty dry over here

Pristine golf weather in Southern Oregon, as well.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

51 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

I sorta wish that we had kept the PNW outing next week in Bend.  Headed to Indian Canyon in Spokane and Circling Raven in Idaho instead.  Idaho has restaurants open but Spokane doesn't.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 hours ago, DPattGolf said:

My wife and I were supposed to join my family for a vacation down in Sunriver next month, but with the border closure continuing it doesn't look like that will happen.