TESTERS WANTED! ×

Southwest: CA, NV, UT, AZ, HI

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

33 minutes ago, LVSteve said:

I’m Steve from Las Vegas, hence LVSteve. Been playing for 51 years in Montana, Idaho, California, and Nevada. Retired from career as designer for the building industry. Current index is 5.9 heading towards double digits if things don’t improve. 

Golf has always allowed me to challenge myself, while getting movement and exercise in the sun

I play Palm Valley, Highland Falls, and Eagle Crest in Las Vegas on a 2-3 time a week rotation

Playing in Vegas is varied as we have the wind in the spring, heat in the summer, and cold in the winter. Gotta adapt the game for the conditions. If you wait for perfect conditions, you’ll only play 3 times a year

I like MGS’s scientific approach with useable hard data

I'm planning on retiring in Henderson NV in 2023 so I look forward to playing a lot of those courses!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been “playing golf” since I was 16 so for 13 years, but just started really playing and trying to get good for the last 2 years. Two years ago I was a 20 Handicap and have cut it down a lot in two years. I’m currently a 8 and hoping to continue to get better. I average in the mid 70’s.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love that golf always wins. Meaning no one can go out day after day and shot after shot and be perfect. It keeps you coming back as the challenge never ends. I also love being outdoors and walking the course. I enjoy the exercise and love to take in the views as I go through the course.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I’ve fallowed MGS for a while and watch the tests on YouTube as I find the product reviews to be extremely helpful on decision making with all my golf gear.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I am from/live in Utah and my course would be  soldier Hollow Golf Course in Midway UT.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best thing would be the abundance of public courses at an average of $28 to play 18 holes (walking). The worst thing is with low costs comes slow play with soooo many people on the course.

6.  What do you do for a living? For the last 4 Years I have sold cars but just recently went back to framing homes.

7.  How’d you pick your user name? It was my nick name from my cousin who has been a best friend to me my whole life. Spencer Jack Is my first and middle names so spence ma J is what he always called me. 

On 2/11/2019 at 12:37 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Aloha everyone - new to the forum and quite excited that this thread exists.  Seems to me like it makes a ton of sense and I'm happy to have found it!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

1. I have been playing golf since I was 12 years old - I did stop playing for about 5 years when I turned 17.  I am currently a 6 handicap

2. What do you love about golf?

1. Everything - golf is my passion (read obsession); but what truly keeps me coming back is that flushed iron feeling 😉

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

1. I have been following you guys on YouTube for quite some time now - I never knew there was a forum.  My dream is to work in the golf industry one day and I figured there is no better place to start than a place where I can meet other avid golfers 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

1. From Canada originally but I live in Maui - my home course is the Wailea golf course 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

1. The best thing is definitely the scenery and the fact that I can play year-round.  I would say the worst thing about golf here is the lack of a golf support community.  There is a very solid community/support system for kids and that is amazing - I would love to see it happening for adults as well 

6. What do you do for a living?

1. I am Director of Revenue Management for a hotel chain (simplified: I optimize business level while managing risks to make the most money possible for the hotel)

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. First letter of my full name (hyphenated) and last name - boring I know

Looking forward to hearing who else is out there

On 2/11/2019 at 12:37 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing on and off for a while but trying to take a serious approach over the past 4 years.

• What’s your handicap or normal score? Usually scoring in ther low 100s

• What do you love about golf? Playing with the Wife and friends

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I like the content and work that's published through your testing and work. 

• Do you already know any other spies? Yes

• Where are you from? Oahu, Hawaii

• What is your home course? No home course.

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is the weather and the worst is every course is pretty crowded

• What do you do for a living? I'm a distributor

• How’d you pick your user name? A main character from one of  my favorite movies. 

1 hour ago, Vincemoaloka said:

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I like the content and work that's published through your testing and work. 

Why you lie for? You know it was me who brought you here.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've played for 30 years,and I'm 16-18 Handicap

2. What do you love about golf? It allows you to compete no matter your age with your handicap.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've followed the site for awhile,and I'm wanting to read some thoughts on all the new Ping clubs (I'm in that shopping mode)

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm in Central California,my club plays 7 or 8 different courses through out the year.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Year round golf,and very affordable..Worst.It can get a little hot mid summer  lol

6. What do you do for a living? Retired Firefighter 

7. How’d you pick your user name? I'm not even sure what it is oppsss

1.       How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Almost 20 years off and on

+10

2.       What do you love about golf?

I love being outside and inspecting the landscape.  The pace of the game and the variability.  The evolution of the game (ie the diversity of the players, the equipment, news coverage, etc)

3.       What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

The unbiased analysis. I’ve used the site a few times to help me find clubs to test.  I don’t know anyone personally on the site.

4.       Where are you from? What is your home course?

San Francisco.  Presidio Golf Course

5.       What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

I can play all year with a bunch of good to great courses from which to choose.  It’s usually 50-60 all year with fog and muddy terrain.  That means I don’t need a ton of spin on my approach shots to hold greens, but it’s hard to get to par 5s in 2 shots.

6.       What do you do for a living?

Neuroscientist/Data Scientist/Postdoc

7.       How’d you pick your user name? 

Easy for me to remember

Hello, this is my first post. Just joined and and am interested in all this site has to offer.

I have been playing golf since I was 14. Played once that year and became addicted very soon after that. I am 51 and my addiction is still growing. I normally only play 9 holes at a time from May to the end of September. Usually shoot from a couple under to a couple over on my home course.

I love EVERYTHING about golf. The challenge of the course, the weather, connecting with fellow golfers and the sheer beauty of nature. 

I found MyGolfSpy by accident and don't anyone who is a member.

I live in Tucson, AZ and play mostly at Fred Enke public course. I am originally from Wisconsin and played many of the wonderful courses there.

The best things about golf here is the number of excellent courses and the near perfect weather most of the year. I really prefer to play when it's very warm in the summer. The worst thing about golf here is the cost and the busyness of the courses all year except for the summer time.

I am a personal trainer with mu own business.

My user name is just a shorter version of my full name.

Looking forward to hearing from people who share the same passion as i do.

Pete

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Playing for a little over 20 years now, currently to a 10 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? Everything!! the challenge, the good days, the sucky days, being outdoors, hanging with the boys.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Have really enjoyed the social media posts and unbiased reviews, finally some honesty !

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Alhambra, Ca. No Home course have clubs will travel and play.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Overpriced munis, slow rounds, inconsistency in course conditions. Best, usually easy to get on.

6. What do you do for a living? Director of Facilities for local college

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just went with my email, for now! Still working on profile.

On 3/23/2019 at 7:07 AM, Hackster said:

I’ve been playing golf for 35 years give or take. Gave me a out from the bar life. Love the game for the competitive nature of you against “ole man par”
I reside in central California in the valley. Live two blocks from where I grew up. Play all over California, mother in-law lives in inland empire so make it down there a couple times a year. I’m currently at an 11.2 index but looking always to get better.
Ran across golf spy by accident while surfing the inter web.
My username is what I am. Hackster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An 11 claiming to be a hackster. 🙂  Golfers are funny. I'm an ~18. If you're down playing golf in the IE on a weekend and looking for a partner to play with drop me a line. Goose Creek is one of my favorite courses in SoCal.

Driver - :ping-small: G400 LST

3W & 4H - Orlimar High Energy 2

Irons - :cobra-small:F7 OL (5I - GW)

Wedges -  Top Flight Gamer Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter - Orlimar HE2

Balls - Vice Pro

• 2 weeks later...

1. I have been playing golf for about 2 and a half years now. Right now I am at a 12 handicap and usually shoot somewhere in the mid to high 80's

1. I love that golf is an open air game. Each and every shot is a new challange that requires a different approach than the last. I love that it is a mental battle against yourself where the disciplined players shoot lower. I love the camaraderie the game breeds. I love the feeling of looking at each shot as a new opportunity to be successful. I could probably go on and on and on but Ill stop there. 

1. I like to think of myself as sort of an equipment junkie. Not really in the sense that I play all of the new equipment that catches my eye but I am fascinated by the advances in technology and the claims being made by companies. I dont know anybody that is a golf spy. 

1. I am originally from Wyoming where the golfing is expensive the off seasons are long. I moved to California and developed a passion (or rather an addiction) for the game. My home course is a 9 hole course in Woodland, CA called Wild Wings Golf Club. Best greens in the Sacramento Valley and a place that is near and dear to my heart. 

1. The best thing about golf in my region is that you can play year-round. Also, there are a lot of courses to play in a small radius to where I live. The only downside I can think of is that the region is overbuilt with courses and often times course conditions can be less than sub par, however, this is a minor complaint and often times does not detour me form playing. 

1. When I am not golfing, sleeping, or eating, I am an Elementary Teacher. A job that I love and would really like to work with kids and golf. Someday. 

1. My name and number I wore when I played college football. 

Driver: Ping G400

Fairway Wood: Taylormade M2 (2017) 3 wood

UI: Taylormade M2 (2017) 4-Iron

Irons: 4-PW Mizuno MP-25 

Wedges: 50 degree Titleist SM5 raw & 60 degree Callaway Mack Daddy PM

Putter: Master Grip 415 CR

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing for 15yrs or so. 13hdcp

2.  What do you love about golf? The challenge

3.  What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I’ve been reading for a long time. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Las Vegas. Home course Las Vegas National

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The summer heat

6.  What do you do for a living? Parts Manager for Kenworth

7. How’d you pick your user name? Own a Platinum F150 and love it.

• 2 weeks later...

hey all!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started swinging a golf club about 23 years ago. Been actually playing the game for about 20. Normal score is in the 80s. 

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge in my own head and constant learning of the game.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been a long time reader of MGS. Been a lurker for about 2 years now. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm originally from NJ. Been living in the Bay Area for about 6 years now. Lately I've been calling Poppy Ridge my home course. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - a lot of great courses to play! Worst - $

6. What do you do for a living? Sales Engineer for a software company.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It is my Chinese equivalent to my Korean name in English.

WITB 2019

Callaway Rogue SZ 9*, PX Evenflow White 6.5, 68g, Rogue SZ 15*, PX Evenflow White 6.5, 76g

TM P790 3iron, PX 6.0, Titleist 690.MB 5-PW, PX 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 54* mid, S400, TM HITOE 58*, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2, 34"

Titleist ProV1

Jones Golf Utility Stand Bag, Navy

21 minutes ago, jinxianjun said:

hey all!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started swinging a golf club about 23 years ago. Been actually playing the game for about 20. Normal score is in the 80s. 

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge in my own head and constant learning of the game.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been a long time reader of MGS. Been a lurker for about 2 years now. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm originally from NJ. Been living in the Bay Area for about 6 years now. Lately I've been calling Poppy Ridge my home course. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - a lot of great courses to play! Worst - $

6. What do you do for a living? Sales Engineer for a software company.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It is my Chinese equivalent to my Korean name in English.

giphy.gif

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

2 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

giphy.gif

OH HEY I KNOW YOU

WITB 2019

Callaway Rogue SZ 9*, PX Evenflow White 6.5, 68g, Rogue SZ 15*, PX Evenflow White 6.5, 76g

TM P790 3iron, PX 6.0, Titleist 690.MB 5-PW, PX 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 54* mid, S400, TM HITOE 58*, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2, 34"

Titleist ProV1

Jones Golf Utility Stand Bag, Navy

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 2:37 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Southwest Region

California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Hawaii

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? About a 10 handicap.

2. What do you love about golf? Everything playing it, equipment, the tour, watching YouTube. You name it.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have read and enjoyed the content for a long time. Decided to participate.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Reno , NV. No “home” course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Worst: Short season. Best: Mountain golf.

6. What do you do for a living? logistics

7.  How’d you pick your user name? loved the movie quigley down under.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

48 minutes ago, Stingray said:

Hi all, I am  a high school golf coach and avid golfer from Arizona. I have been playing golf since I was in 8th grade and recently found this group on Google. Thank you all for having me. 

Greetings from Idaho and welcome aboard! Jump right in!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been golfing since I was 19 but not in a competitive manner, Now im 50 and play whenever i can. Official HDCP 22 and shoot 82 to 90

What do you love about golf?

I like being outdoors and the challenge of the game

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Just surfing the net one day 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Las Vegas, Red Rock Arroyo course

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Limited good course and price

What do you do for a living?

Fiber Technician

How’d you pick your user name?

It was easy

Good Day all, My name is Lynn Parker (male) I go by Alzo

I've been playing since I joined the military back in 1984, but was only once in a while golfer, I have since graduated to a regular golfer. My current handicap is 7.3 and fluctuates between 3.5 and 8.

I love being outdoors, the challenge of the game every day, hole, swing can be different, the playing in events or just your buddies on the weekends and I enjoy walking and carrying my bag as often as I can (even when it's over 100 degrees).

I currently live in Las Vegas and do not have a home course but I have played every course in the area except for Las Vegas Country Club, The Wynn and Shadow Creek. So if you are coming to Vegas to play and need any course info let me know.

I stumbled across MyGolfSpy while looking for some reviews on golf equipment. I am interested in the attempts to try new equipment and write solid reviews to help golfers of all types and ages.  I have enjoyed reading the forums in the past and decided to give my own spin in areas of interest on the forums.

The best thing about golfing in Vegas in meeting people from all over the world, I have met/golfed with players from England, Austria, Mexico, Spain...and many more.  The worst part is the summer heat, it can be overwhelming in the afternoon, so you need to be up early and done early.

I am retired USAF, but serve as a Unix/Linux Systems Admin for a contractor in town.

My username is based off my middle name and my late fathers email address of alzoinVT; so in his honor I use alzoinNV.  

Thanks for having me and hope to get to know more people and pickup some knowledge along the way.

Driver: 808011619_default_taylormade-small1.jpg.42a65c6e0468aeb540b66e639d69a4e0.jpg SLDR Mini Driver 12 degree, 77g Speeder S shaft (I also have r7tp, r9, r15tp...all in the penalty box)

Fairway Woods:  808011619_default_taylormade-small1.jpg.42a65c6e0468aeb540b66e639d69a4e0.jpg M2 2017 16.5 3 wood & r9 19 degree 5 wood (old reliable)

Irons: 808011619_default_taylormade-small1.jpg.42a65c6e0468aeb540b66e639d69a4e0.jpg P790 4 - SW S300 S Shaft 

Wedges: 1240867525_default_vokey-small1.gif.fd86a2e0ab83b468ba0f432d800e9cee.gif50 AW & 54 SW, wedge flex;  60 LW, wedge flex

Putter:  odyssey.gif.2ce2e9f68892dcd4c589804a6bb1f153.gifWhite Hot Mallet #5

Ball: 1871914670_default_titelist-small1.jpg.a7bac2aff8886f3952e6d031f36499ea.jpg Pro V1 & Pro V1x (I try many and always go back)

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Since I was 6, so 35+ years. Play to a 6.4, some days

What do you love about golf?

I love the walk, the challenge, the friendships and the architecture. It’s something I’ll never master, but will always try till I die

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Bit of an equipment junkie, especially putters. Don’t know any.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Live in SF and play at Harding and Presidio mostly

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Can play golf year round, but the damp conditions means no role!

What do you do for a living?

Work in tech

How’d you pick your user name?

My initials and high school football number

Heyo everyone! Glad I finally took to plunge to join the community and I'm excited to both contribute and learn....hopefully my tendency to pull the occasional 3-footer isn't contagious via web. I've been I semi-regular lurker and have definitely leaned on the braintrust to make some decisions, avoid buyer's remorse, and stay in the know.

I started playing golf at around 10 years old, played in high school, but for some unknown reason took a 10 year hiatus. Fortunately, the combo of transplanting to California (Los Angeles) from Chicago and having a couple buddies that are avid golfers rekindled my love for the sport. With some practice and frequency I've been able to shake most of the rust off and typically post high 70s to low 80s, but don't have a GHIN yet - it's on the to do list.

Golf is just a perfect combination of escape, focus, patience, and (controlled) frustration. Very few things in life wipe away angst like a pure shot that feels like hitting a soft stick of butter and behaves exactly as you'd expect in the air. Golf is creative and a form of self expression. From the attire, to the unique swing moves, the the equipment, to the shot choice - everyone has something that makes their game "theirs" - and spending a couple hours with buddies sans phones is like a weekly vacation.

As I mentioned, I'm familiar with MyGolfSpy to the extent that it's been a huge help on deciding which way to lean on equipment. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone else on site, but am looking forward to changing that. I'm typically golfing with a few friends at Industry Hills, Los Robles, Moorepark Country Club, but have no problem at all ripping off a quick 9 at Penmar when time is a little tight. As is the case with most things in LA, wish there was less of a commute to get out on the links, but if that first tee ball doesn't go OB and the sun is shining on my wedges ...it's all worth it. I started a digital strategy / consulting company, which gives the fortune to have a little more flexibility in my schedule so yes, I have occasionally played a Tuesday 18. 

Excited to get to know you peeps a bit more and hopefully help some fellow lurkers not only get the info they need, but make the transition to Spy! 

Hit em straight. From CA,

LAGolfer

1. How long have you been playing golf? A little over 3 years now. I used to play soccer until I got injured soI took on a new challenge that is the sport of golf and I am 100% hooked. What’s your handicap or normal score? Handicap is 15 now days  

2. What do you love about golf? I love that it’s a sport that it’s ultimately just me. That all the effort I put into my game will be a direct result of how good or bad I perform. Also who doesn’t enjoy spending time with buddies, talking smack to one another, drinking a few cocktails and smoking cigars  

3.  What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I’ve only known about MyGolfSpy for a few months now but have really enjoyed the podcasts like the more recent noputtsgiven podcast. The simple concept of giving its views unbiased opinions is absolutely great. The golf ball review was amazing. Do you already know any other Spies? I do not but always enjoy meeting new people  

4. Where are you from? San Diego,CA  What is your home course? It’s was Carmel Mountain Ranch Golf Course but it closed in 2018 so now my main course that I play a few times a month is Torrey Pines. The San Diego resident card makes Torrey the best value. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best things I would have to say is I have the opportunity to play golf year around because weather in San Diego is hardly an issue. While most of the country has to put their clubs away for the winter, I’m swinging away. Can’t think of any negatives about golf in San Diego  

6. What do you do for a living? I fix navy ships. That’s another reason why I love golf so much  it’s a stress reliever to take my mind off all the hardships of work  

7. How’d you pick your user name? I’ve had the username for awhile now on other platforms.

Callaway XR16 driver

Cobra F8 fairway wood

Cobra F7 4 Hybrid

Taylormade Burner 2.0 Irons

Scotty Cameron Laguna Putter

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Started playing back in high school (many, many years ago) and then quit playing for about 10 years.  Now I'm retired and play about 100 rounds a year.  Current handicap index is the lowest its ever been - 9.3

2. What do you love about golf?  Trying to get everything - body, mind, club - to work together.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I've been reading it for a couple years now.  Nice to have something that is able to review many products without depending on advertising and giving them all good ratings (thinking of Golf Digest).

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Currently live on the Big Island of Hawaii.  I play the Mauna Lani and Waikoloa Beach resort courses (4 in total).

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Consistent good weather.  Limited number of courses that are easy to get to.

6. What do you do for a living?  Retired now (work part-time as golf course starter); was in computers.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  One I've used other places.

Hi everyone!

I’m relatively new to golf....been playing for about 6 years.  I tried playing in my 20s, but honestly didn’t have the patience to spend 4 hours trying to hit a little white ball into a very small hole. 😜

Fast forward many years and add retirement to the mix and things change.  I’ve gotten my handicap to a 19 and always working to lower it even more.  Just when I think I have “it” figured out, I’m reminded I don’t.

We are new to AZ from TX.  Love the dry heat over the humid heat.  Love the people I meet on the golf course.  My home courses now are in Surprise, although I still occasionally play in TX.

I played in a ladies’ Flamingo tournament in TX  and learned about MyGolfSpy there.  I’m always a fan of anyone who supports and helps promote golf and, especially, golf for women!

Looking forward to this forum!

On 6/16/2019 at 8:13 PM, prigsbee said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Started playing back in high school (many, many years ago) and then quit playing for about 10 years.  Now I'm retired and play about 100 rounds a year.  Current handicap index is the lowest its ever been - 9.3

2. What do you love about golf?  Trying to get everything - body, mind, club - to work together.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I've been reading it for a couple years now.  Nice to have something that is able to review many products without depending on advertising and giving them all good ratings (thinking of Golf Digest).

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Currently live on the Big Island of Hawaii.  I play the Mauna Lani and Waikoloa Beach resort courses (4 in total).

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Consistent good weather.  Limited number of courses that are easy to get to.

6. What do you do for a living?  Retired now (work part-time as golf course starter); was in computers.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  One I've used other places.

Now I know who to hit up if I go over to the BI! Welcome to the forums 🤙

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1. On and off for about 4 years now, though in the past 6 months I've been fortunate enough to be able to play and practice every day. I'm hovering around the low 80s right now.

1. The amount of difficulty and level of skill needed to play the game. There is no other feeling as rewarding as when you swing syncs up and you play a great round.

1. Long time reader of the articles, I want to get more active in the community.

1. Born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana for 26 years, recently moved to Santa Ana, California. I guess my home course now would be David Baker.

1. Perfect weather and tons of courses to choose from in CA. But it is a bit pricey for what you get and then there is the pace of play issue...

1. Civil Engineer

1. First initial, last name. I wanted to keep it simple haha.

Taylormade M6 D-Type 7 Degrees

Callaway Apex UT 3-4 Irons

Mizuno MP-5 5-PW

Callaway Mack Daddy 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Taylormade Spider Tour Putter

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Since about 1990. Most of my coworkers played in an industrial golf league. I learned and joined the team. I joined a men's league that played different courses for our monthly tournaments in Southern California, mostly in Riverside County. I think my last handicap was 15. I had only played twice since moving to Nevada in 2004 and so loaned (gave) my clubs to my only nephew a few years ago. Last month I found a set of clubs at a yard sale for ten bucks and got urge to play again.

2. What do you love about golf? Getting outside and away from the world. You can have a crummy round, then hit that perfect shot and everything else no longer matters.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I did a Google search for a putter and here I am. If I knew any spies then I guess that weren't a very good spy.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I learned to play at Cresta Verde in Corona.  I just  played there early this month and the courses is in terrible condition. Now that I live in Nevada, I mostly play Boulder City Municipal.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The large number of courses in the Vegas area. Summer heat.

6. What do you do for a living?  I am a peon. (That's a public employee of Nevada)

7. How’d you pick your user name? I have used the same moniker for almost everything since the early nineties. I was flying a combat glider model of a P51 in very light poor conditions, only able to go back and forth acting as a targetdrone, and the name stuck. As names go, at least it has character.

Edited by Targetdrone
Qoute format

Irons:mizuno-small: MP-62 4-PW forged

Driver:mizuno-small:JPX-EZ 2016

Fairway Woods :titelist-small: j910F 15 + 19 deg.

Hybrid :bridgestone-small:J40 4H

Putter :cameron-small: Studio Select Newport

Wedge :titelist-small: Vokey 250-08 50deg

Wedge :titelist-small:Vokey 54-11 54deg

Shoes :nike-small:2012 Lunar Control with Pulsar SoftSpikes

Bag :bridgestone-small:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

Been following MGS for a while now and decided to join in on the community/conversations.

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• Been playing for over 20yrs on/off since i was a kid. Been taking the game a lot more seriously trying to focus on bringing down my handicap to single digit, currently a 20.

• What do you love about golf?

• The endless pursuit and those moments of victory, most recently a 116yd eagle shot.

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Been following the site for a while but never really got into discussions with others outside of friends.

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

• Based out of Mission Viejo, CA. Currently no "home course" but if I had to pick one, I'd say Casta Del Sol.

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Great variety of courses at all price ranges.

• What do you do for a living?

• Marketing manager for a financial institution.

• How’d you pick your user name?

• Oddjob27 is based off the James Bond series character Odd Job, the Korean assassin.

What's up guys? I was trying to make an introductory post but for some reason it's not letting me create a topic...I'm located in Sacramento, CA and just dusted the sticks off after a 4 year hiatus. Currently working on improving my swing and looking into getting fitted for new clubs.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing on and off since I was about 13. Played high school golf then didn't play much after. Hoping to stay with it for good this time. I don't carry a handicap but I'm usually shooting around the mid to low 80's.

2. What do you love about golf? The environment. Love the peace and quiet of playing my local mountain course (Apple Mountain). Golf is my release from everything else going on in life. It takes my mind off everything else going on and is a great stress reliever.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I came across MyGolfSpy recently after browsing the internet for new golf equipment. Already chose a ball and putter thanks to MGS. I don't know any MGS's yet. Hoping to link up in the future though for sure!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Sacramento, CA. My home courses in high school were Mather and Cameron Park Country Club. Currently don't have a dedicated home course. I've probably played Mather and Apple Mountain the most though.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? There are a lot of courses around the area and you don't have to go very far to experience different types of course. The summer heat is probably the worst thing about golf here.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a construction foreman for a commercial refrigeration outfit.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Not gonna lie...I made a list of quite a few. I came up with some pretty good ones. This one just made the most sense.

Edited by atwarwithgolf

Currently in my bag...

Driver: :ping-small: 2017 G400 9*

Woods: :ping-small: 2017 G400 5 Wood 17.5*, 3 Hybrid 19*

Irons: :mizuno-small: 2018 MP-18 3-PW

Wedges:  :wilson_staff_small: 2009 TW9 Gunmetal 50*/54*/58*

Putter  :ping-small: 2018 Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth

Glove: :ping-small: Sport

Ball  :Snell:2019 MTB-X