TESTERS WANTED! ×

Southwest: CA, NV, UT, AZ, HI

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Hey all! I just realized this was here. It has been so long since I've been on the actual forums.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing off and on for about 15 years. I used to practice a ton but then work and kids started flooding in, but I love to play when I can. Lack of practice makes my rounds pretty erratic. I have recently shot both a 93 and a 110 (one was a bit harder than the other, though).

2. What do you love about golf? I just love being outside and trying to get better at something. I used to shoot in the low to mid 80s so I would like to get there again and even better.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't even remember how I found this site, maybe it was through Twitter? It's been probably 7 or 8 years.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Manteca, CA. There is a course here but I haven't played since moving back about 8 months ago. I've played mostly in Modesto and Stockton.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather (at least this year) has been incredible. I recently moved back after being in Utah for 9 years, so I have no complaints about the golf.

6. What do you do for a living? Illustrator. Kids books and stuff.

7. How’d you pick your user name? My name plus my high school basketball number.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guests
Guest Delete
On 2/11/2019 at 2:37 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  •  

1. How long have you been playing golf? Started playing golf on 6/7/2017. What’s your handicap or normal score? My handicap is 14.7 today, and my normal score is 86.9. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love the mental challenge, the outdoors, and the feeling of a pure shot. Plus, landing on the green with some tour sauce, and whipping out my divot tool to fix my ball Mark just rubs it in to my foursome I got the green and they didn't. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I come to MGS for reviews and info on product that makes me informed on performance of a product. I don't know any other spies. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Fullerton, CA and my home course is Coyote Hills Golf Course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about golf in my area is being able to play year round. The worst is that the many types of grasses on the municipal courses makes the local courses seem low quality compared to stuff on TV.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a Digital Marketing Consultant for small to medium size businesses.

7. How’d you pick your user name? My username is a mix of my name abbreviation and pronunciation. 

Hey all! Been a fan of the YouTube content for a while now, and finally decided to just go ahead and wade into the murky waters of...online comments 🙂

Name is Matt - live out here in SoCal (Los Angeles).  Been playing on and off since high school - never great - but have always loved the game.  Got VERY into it about a decade ago after discovering some cheap muni's out here, and have been pretty hooked ever since.  Recently have gotten ... "obsessed" is probably the wrong word, but not very far from it 🙂

Last few rounds have been 90 on the dot, after never having broken 95 prior, so that's encouraging.  Amazing what a few lessons and actually trying to apply those lessons on the course will do 🙂

As for what I love about golf? I love that I get to meet new people literally every time I play. I love that no matter the differences in our "normal" lives, we're the same on so many levels - and this is true here in SoCal, back in NYC, CT, or anywhere else I've played - people are awesome, and people who play golf are even better.

Home course out here in LA is Brookside (right next to the Rose Bowl), but will play pretty much anywhere I can get a good time/price 😉 I prefer the Koiner course to E.O. Nay, but that's mostly because the length is more of a challenge, which I like.

I'm an actor/writer in my free time, and work for a law firm doing word processing to pay the bills and feed my wife and two kids.  I don't get to golf NEARLY enough to satisfy me, which...I guess is the story for 95% of us here, right? 

Username - been using this for ages - makes me laugh, as I'm pretty chubby and always have been, and enjoy being "anonymous".

Anyway, happy to meet you all and if you're in SoCal and need a guy to do bad impressions of Ian from TXG, I'm your guy.

-M

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Hey y'all, my name is Bill, figured I would post in here since technically I do live in California but I will also be posting in the PNW region since I am closer to Oregon than most of California. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf for about 10 years on and off. Much more active when I was in my early 20's. Just recently took the game back up and purchased my first set if fitted clubs, wow what a difference. I normally shoot 90-100 depending on the course but when I was playing in my 20s I was about a 13 handicap.

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge of mastering myself, mentally and physically.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Began reading reviews when I was shopping for irons, stayed for the interesting info.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally from socal but transplanted to the true norcal, Redding area. No home course as of right now, I play/practice at Seviano most of the time. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Can't really pin point anything here. A few really nice courses 20-45 minutes from me but the only decent course near me is private.

6. What do you do for a living? Law Enforcement

7. How’d you pick your user name. Seemed fitting, given my work and the way this game can feel sometimes. 

Edited by 5150golf

Bill W

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Off and on for about 20 yrs. 14.4

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside and the challenge it brings.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've listened to the pod cast and looked at the website for a while now, so just thought I'd check it out.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Ventura, CA. Don't have one yet.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is there are many courses to choose from. Worst would be some of the weekend rates.

6. What do you do for a living? Inspector

7. How’d you pick your user name? The name of my first Dog.

On 2/11/2019 at 3:37 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Southwest Region

California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Hawaii

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Hello MGS!! Ive been playing golf for around 20 years, with a hiatus here and there. I usually shoot in the mid 70’s to the low 80’s, depending on how well I’m putting. Decent ball striker, my misses aren’t gonna be a round killer. I love everything about golf, except slow play. Originally from WA, now reside in AZ. I am a Superintendent for a Heavy Civil construction firm. My user name is due to an utter lack of imagination. I was going to use something Caddyshack inspired, but decided against it. Like most, I can pretty much quote the entire movie. Anyway, I’m an absolute club junkie, probably to a fault, but what the hell, it’s my hobby. You name it, I’ve owned it🤦🏼‍♂️.

Taylormade M6 10.5* Graphite Design Tour AD GP-6X

Taylormade SIM Ti 15* Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6X

Taylormade 2016 M2 Diamana W-Series 70X

Taylormade M6 Rescue Graphite Design Tour AD HY-85X

Callaway Apex Forged UT 22* (bent) Project X LZ 6.5 Graphite

Callaway Legacy Black (Stenson) 5-PW Project X 6.0

Vokey SM7 Black 52.08F and 60.04L Project X LZ 6.0

Scotty Cameron Futura X5R

Vessel 14-Way Stand 2.0 Bag/Covers

Hey everybody, new to the forums, but excited to be here!

1. I've been playing golf for the last decade. I got buit by the bug and now it won't let go.

2. I love the feeling of being able to "crush" a drive or pure an iron and have it do exactly what you want it to. And I love the pursuit of that feeling

3. I came into MGS because I love the science behind golf and these guys do a great job dissecting it.

4. I'm from Kaysville, Utah and I would have to say my home course is Davis Park, but I love finding new courses and experiencing different types of course design.

5. Best thing about golf in Utah is that within a pretty consolidated area you can find all kinds of different courses. The worst part is that it is hard to get out and golf more months than it isn't here.

6. I work for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints helping manage vendor accounts.

7. I always just go through different variations of first and last name till one isn't taken, nothing crazy.

I am very excited to meet golf nuts like me on here!

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? Since 8 years old.What’s your handicap or normal score? 76-84

2. What do you love about golf? The focus it takes.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I really enjoy the in depth, no nonsense reviews and discussions Do you already know any other Spies? No

4. Where are you from? NYC What is your home course? Any course in San Diego 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: weather. Worst: Course closures

6. What do you do for a living? Commercial HVAC 

7. How’d you pick your user name? No particular reason

Hey all, 

Just signed up here today as I have been cooped up due to the stay at home deal in CA with Covid19. 

I have been playing golf for a little over 30 years and I am currently a 7.4 index. Live in N. CA and play mainly in this area and N NV. 

I basically ended up on this site because of Snell Golf balls. I have been playing Snell balls for two years, and watched a review of their MTB X ball here, loved the testing, and I signed up  

Looking forward to learning more about new equipment etc. Hope you are all safe and well. 

Thanks 

Edited by pc240

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Technically have owned golf clubs since 2012, but have really started playing in the last year. 

2. What do you love about golf? Everything. Being outside. Competing against myself. Rooting for and celebrating others. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Have been lurking for a long time. Contribute to other forums, but its time to be here as well.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Gilbert, AZ. Just moved a year ago and have been trying to play different courses, so don't really have a home course yet, but I'd say Trilogy at Power Ranch just because it is close. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I love it all. Recently moved from Oregon and everything is better here.

6. What do you do for a living? IT for an aviation parts supplier.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Long time handle used on many a sports forum.

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing for 25 years (handicap +.03)

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Been following the tech stuff for years and listen to No Putts Given all the the time.  I really like what you guys are doing and the transparency

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? SoCal - Trump National & SkyLinks

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? too little golf for so many people (packed courses) 

6. What do you do for a living? Sales for a Paving Company

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's by a name that I have been using for years 

Driver: Cobra F9 8.5* (White) Project X HZRDUS Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: Cobra F9 15* (White) Project X HZRDUS Black 75g 6.5

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 18* Project X Even Flow Black 85g 6.5

Irons: Miura MC501 w/ KBS $-Taper (Black)

Wedges: Callaway MD4 Raw w/ True Temper S400 (Black) 50* 54* 58*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select HEAVY 34" (Black)

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Handicap is 6.8 normally shoot high 70’s-low 80’s

2. What do you love about golf?                     Being outside and drinking with my friends 

I like the transparency and enjoy reading about equipment. 

Encinitas CA, Encinitas ranch golf course 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Weathers always good but golf courses are pretty busy 

build surfboards 

it’s a nickname

• picked up golf 4 years ago, although one year I wasn’t able to play at all due to a long stint overseas in a non-golf friendly country. I’ve been taking the game serious the last year by taking lessons and finally acquiring a GHIN and tracking my scores. 

• My current handicap is 11 with a usual score averaging around mid 80’s. Sometimes I go higher and other times lower, but that’s just the evolving rollercoaster that is golf!

• I love the challenge of golf. Unlike other sports, I feel it’s hard for someone who is naturally athletic to just pick up a club and be good. I like how almost everyone, regardless of athleticism, starts from the beginning and has to work to get better. How good someone is at golf is directly proportional to the time they spend practicing and trying to better themselves.

• I have been listening to No Putts Given since the beginning. The unbiased approach and attention to often overlooked details is what keeps me here. I am an equipment nerd and credit a large amount of my knowledge to what I have learned from everyone here. It has shown me how many different facets to the game there really are. 

• I am originally from Pennsylvania but currently reside in Northern Utah for work. I don’t exactly have a “home course” but am strongly considering becoming a member of one of the local country clubs.

• The best thing about golf in Utah is the views, even the small municipal courses have stunning views of the mountains or valley. The often harsh winter defiantly is a drawback, cutting the season down a few months during the winter

• Current WITB -

• Driver: Ping G410 LST (Tensei CK Orange)

• 3 Wood: Cobra F6

• 4H: Titleist TS3 (HZRDUS Black)

• Irons: Taylormade P790 P-5

• Wedges: Titleist SM7 (48,52,56,60)

• Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab 10 (34”)

• Ball: Taylormade TP5x

What's up guys. Finally gave in and joined the forum instead of just reading all the threads. 

I've been playing golf on-and-off since I was about 6 years old, I got started playing with my dad in Williamsburg, Virginia. I played on the mens varsity team in high school, but didn't play as I paid my way through an engineering degree at WVU. I picked it back up when I graduated and moved to CA, and play about 3-5 times per week. I currently maintain a 4.4 handicap.

I love the challenge, the camaraderie, being outside, and that one shot that makes you feel like you know what you are doing (before the next 70 shots humble you).

MyGolfSpy is one of the most honest places for golf reviews and information. No I don't know any other Spies.

Currently I live in SoCal, and play at Muroc Lake Golf Course (Edwards AFB).

You can play golf year-round in the Antelope Valley, but there are always high winds in the afternoons (25+ mph).

I test and fly aircraft.

My initials. Quite boring really.

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 7 years, 12 handicap. Sometimes higher sometimes lower. 

2. What do you love about golf? It’s incredible hard. I can play great one week and shoot low eighties and the next week I can’t do anything right. Love the challenge. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Love the Pod, love the mentality. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Phoenix AZ, west valley (Goodyear). Wigwam golf courses I probably play the most. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Prime season in the winter drives prices really high. 

6. What do you do for a living? I’m in sales. I sell heavy duty truck diagnostic software. Cover AZ, UT, NV, CA, and HI. Lots of travel and lots of golf.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It’s my IG handle. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 9 Years - 10 Handicap (Unofficial)

2. What do you love about golf? Mentally, emotionally & physically challenging

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Previous lurker, now officially a Spy

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Previously Minneapolis, MN. Currently San Francisco, CA. Home Course - Presidio Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - Golf year round.  Worst - Sea Level & Wind

6. What do you do for a living? Product Analyst

7. How’d you pick your user name? Favorite number - 8ch8

1. How long have you been playing golf?

- Started playing as an 11 year old with my father who took up the game at the same time thanks to my maternal grandfather!!  Was immediately hooked.  Its been a huge bonding item for my dad and myself and this continues to this day.
  2. What’s your handicap or normal score?

- 7.4 GHIN, but I have been as low as a 3 and it just depends on how much practice I get in.  With 2 kids under the age of 4, work and life its only gone up since the college years!! I'd say 79-81 is my range on most days on most courses.
  3. What do you love about golf?

- Golf is life.  It teaches every lesson one will need to go through life itself.  The hard knocks and dealing with them, the bad breaks the odd bounces.  It also teaches joy, of the outdoors, the beauty in solitary play, the camaraderie of friends with shared passions, creates lifelong friends, and brings mental fortitude to the forefront.  Only game where no one is throwing things at you, kicking you punching you and it's you against yourself.  Plus, you can always improve as you get what you put into it...simple really!!
  4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

- Love the unbiased and honest feedback on clubs and equipment, love the community of die hards it brings together and love how its helping to grow the game we love. Do you already know any other Spies? - Yes
  5. Where are you from?

- Was born in Bangladesh, grew up between there and London, England.  Lived in Japan for a bit, moved to New York City in 2000 and lived there till 2013 when California's sunshine beckoned and I moved to Los Angeles.  What is your home course? - I play a lot out of everywhere, as I don't have a home course in LA yet, but am lucky to have family who are members at LACC, and I did the annual at Trump Palos Verdes and Rustic Canyon so those are my go to's!!  I'll play anywhere!
  6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

- Golf in the LA area is hard as the good courses are all private so hard to get on for most, and the ones that are available to people could be kept in much better shape.  I imagine a Sweetens Cove being made out of Westchester or Penmar or El Dorado where you actually have interesting tracks with intriguing greens, and harder and faster surfaces and places where people actually fix their divot marks (my pet peeve).  The best thing is that within two hours drive you have some incredible courses and places to play that are public like Quarry Ridge, Oak Quarry, Sand Canyon, Rustic Canyon, Moorpark, then all the courses in Palm Springs and Palm Desert and Ojai and Santa Barbara.
  7. What do you do for a living?

- Real Estate and Finance.  We develop residential assets and operate them across the income spectrum of housing need and want.
  8. How’d you pick your user name?

- Wasn't too original...its just my name and initial combination!

Ridaa St. Andrews.png

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing seriously for 3 years.  4.4 as of today.  

2. What do you love about golf?  The difficulty and the feeling of getting better.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I'm a golf content guy and love the information that this site offers.  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  San Juan Capistrano, CA and my home track is Arroyo Trabuco.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best thing is the 365 weather and the worst is a tie between cost and pace of play.  

6. What do you do for a living?  I am a retired volleyball player and I currently work as a deputy inspector for commercial real estate construction.  

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Played beach volleyball for most of my life and a 15 year career so it makes sense.   

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 3 years and I'm a 12.1

2. What do you love about golf? You're always chasing perfection. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? MGS is the best around!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? California, Costa Mesa Country Club. It's local muni course. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? You can golf year-round. When courses stack tee times too close together. 

6. What do you do for a living? Special Education Teacher. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? High school nickname that never disappeared!

Hey All!

I'm just getting back into golf after well over a decade away from the sport I loved and competed in as a youngling. I was about a 1.5 handicap once upon a time and I think I can make my way back with some practice and then some more practice. 

I started up again in January '20 and very quickly established a 9ish handicap, so I think I can grind my way back down if the darn coronavirus ever let's us hit the links again.

I played from about 10 years old until the beginning of college and gave it up! Why you say? Because I was dumb and thought being a lawyer would be fun. It isn't but golf sure is. 

:cobra-small: F9 9° Driver

:ping-small: G410 14.5° 3 wood

:ping-small: G410 17° Hybrid

:ping-small: i500 4i-UW

:titelist-small: SM8 56° SW

:titelist-small: SM8 60° LW

:cameron-small: Select Squareback 2018 Putter

:Snell: MTB-X Yellow

:Ogio: 2020 Convoy SE Cart bag

:footjoy-small: Tour X

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 6 Years - 14 HCP

2. What do you love about golf? I love that it can be both so fun and satisfying but also so humbling. The highs are incredibly high, but the lows are frequent. I also like that I can go out and play socially with friends, giving me a lot of quality time with people to really talk to them on a deeper level while having a lot of fun, but I can just as easily go out and play with people I've never met or even on my own. And finally, the exercise is great - both physically and mentally. Nothing keeps me feeling better than walking 18 in the fresh air and working my mind and body for 4 hours straight. It's a game I picked up somewhat late but am looking forward to aging late into life with. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've always been around tech and am an early adopter of most new things, so golf equipment/tech/aids are things that have always fascinated me. I like reading the reviews, testing things myself, and decided I should finally start contributing. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? San Francisco, CA. I don't have a "home course" but play the majority of my rounds at TPC Harding Park, Presidio Golf Course, Sharp Park, Lincoln Park. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - Golf year round and lots of really exceptional public courses  Worst - Most of the courses are heavily tree lined with dramatic elevation changes, and it's never really hot and sunny (consistently good weather, but never great). 

6. What do you do for a living? Public markets investor 

7. How’d you pick your user name? I'm a competitive long driver on the World Long Drive Tour. And my name is Nate. 

WITB:

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero

Irons: Taylormade P770 4i - AW

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 at 55 and 60 degrees

Taylormade Stealth Plus 3Hy

Taylormade Stealth Plus 3W

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Arm Lock

1. 23 plus years; 18+ handicap

2. Everything and all encompassing

3. To be in the know. Maybe you just never no with so many different profiles, social media platforms and connections both virtual and in the flesh . Never say never

4. San Diego Native - Torrey Pines but love Aviara too

5. There's so many nice courses, never enough time to play them all

6. In between at the moment

7. Wisdom and strength attributes

a. Ladies Flex/10-12 degrees loft/25"-27" (male equivalent)

b. Adjustable/Ladies Flex (male equivalent)

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18

Will o'the Glen, living in San Jose, CA here.

1. How long have you been playing golf? Bought a set of used clubs in a garage sale in about 2008, went to the range and played a local 9-hole par-3 for a couple of years before I ever played 18. What’s your handicap or normal score? GHIN 25.2

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge, being outdoors, being with friends & family who share my enjoyment of the game.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Info exchange, learning more about the gane and the people who play it (and equipment testing opportunities!) Do you already know any other Spies? No

4. Where are you from? Central/Northern California Coast region What is your home course? Don't really have a home course (don't belong to any clubs), but I pay most often at Santa Teresa Golf Club in San Jose.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: the variety and quality of the courses, and the weather, which allows us to play year-round. Worst: It's all good.

6. What do you do for a living? Mechanical engineer, also freelance golf writer (member GWAA).

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's the name I use on my golf blog, Will o'the Glen on Golf. It's a play on "will o'the wisp" and the name of the neighborhood where I live, Willow Glen, in San Jose.

1. How long have you been playing golf? Since I was 6 or so. Used a 7i, 9i, 3w, putter, and an old canvas bag while walking golf courses with my dad.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Handicap is low teens. After getting back into playing after the winter break, I usually shoot low high 70s to low 80s.

3. What do you love about golf? The scenery, the feel of a flushed shot, the challenge each hole presents.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Discussion about golf. Don't know of any other spies.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Utah - Hobble Creek

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Winter can close courses for a few months so to play we head to head to St. George or  Mesquite for golf at that time. Weather is fickle and sometimes the opportunity to play can come around in February at course outsides of the mountains. Best is mountain golf.

7. What do you do for a living? Local government.

8. How’d you pick your user name? Bought my own set of irons (Titleist) in 1987, after using my brother's Power Bilt Levelume irons.

Edited by Titleist87
grammar

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

Hey, I'm Mike and live in the Northern Bay Area in California. Been playing for about 20 years, but never as consistently as I'd like. I'm sure most of us could say we'd prefer to be on the course more often. My game is pretty average, but looking forward to upgrade my gear this year for my birthday. Happy to be a part of this forum and looking forward to hearing about other people's experiences out there.  

1. How long have you been playing golf? Approx 18-20 years

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 18

3. What do you love about golf? Relaxing, challenging, and a time to spend with the guys at times.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I heard about it from a buddy, so yes.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Northern Bay Area, Sonoma County

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The rounds can be a little slow at times. The weather allows to be able to play almost year round.

Aloha guys!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing off and on for 15 yrs.  I don't have an official handicap but score in the 90's

2. What do you love about golf?  for me it's a stress reliever.  Also its a great time spent with my golfing buddies!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I enjoy reading the non-biased reviews!  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Born and raised on the island of Oahu, Hawaii.  Don't really have a home course but I like to play Ted Makalena golf course cause it's close by and they allow walking.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best thing about golfing here is that you can golf all season long since it doesn't snow here!  The worst thing about golf here is that it's pretty expensive if you're not a local to Hawaii.

6. What do you do for a living?  Was a chef for 15 yrs and when we had kids went to retail.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  My kitchen staff would call me Jeffro about 20 yrs ago and it's been stuck with me since.

1 hour ago, Jeffro808 said:

Aloha guys!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing off and on for 15 yrs.  I don't have an official handicap but score in the 90's

2. What do you love about golf?  for me it's a stress reliever.  Also its a great time spent with my golfing buddies!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I enjoy reading the non-biased reviews!  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Born and raised on the island of Oahu, Hawaii.  Don't really have a home course but I like to play Ted Makalena golf course cause it's close by and they allow walking.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best thing about golfing here is that you can golf all season long since it doesn't snow here!  The worst thing about golf here is that it's pretty expensive if you're not a local to Hawaii.

6. What do you do for a living?  Was a chef for 15 yrs and when we had kids went to retail.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  My kitchen staff would call me Jeffro about 20 yrs ago and it's been stuck with me since.

Welcome to the forums brah. Hope you're staying safe and sane through all of this craziness

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

On 4/6/2020 at 6:39 AM, Titleist87 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? Since I was 6 or so. Used a 7i, 9i, 3w, putter, and an old canvas bag while walking golf courses with my dad.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Handicap is low teens. AFter getting back into playing after the winter break, I usually shoot low high 70s to low 80s.

3. What do you love about golf? The scenery, the feel of a flushed shot, the challenge each hole presents.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Discussion about golf. Don't know of any other spies.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Utah - Hobble Creek

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Winter can close doesn courses for a few months in the winter, have to head to St. George or  Mesquite for golf at that time. Weather is fickle and sometimes the opportunity to play can come around in February at course outside of the mountains. Best is mountian golf.

7. What do you do for a living? Local government.

8. How’d you pick your user name? Bought my own first set of irons (Titleist) in 1987, after using my brothers' Power Bilt Levelume irons.

I LOOOOVE Hobble Creek. Such a cool setting.

17 minutes ago, jnharvey44 said:

I LOOOOVE Hobble Creek. Such a cool setting.

Can't beat Hobble Creek in late September.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

Hi everyone. I'm Jim. I live in Los Angeles. I am a COO of a small MSP/MSSP focusing on cybersecurity. I started golfing in September 2019. My current handicap is 31.7 and was on its way down from 36 when we were all put in isolation. i had hoped to be under 30 by now.

My home course is Rancho Park in West Los Angeles (near UCLA) and so far I love this game. I love the challenge of it but mostly I love the camaraderie and being outside surrounded by nature.

During the isolation, I've installed a hitting net and get out there 3-4 times a week practicing my pitching and hitting. 

I won some SuperSpeedGolf sticks from MyGolfSpy in January and am currently in Phase 2 Week 2 of the training. So far my swing speed has increased by from about 95 to just over 100.

I derived my username from an old Nintendo game Metroid Prime.

Anyway, glad to be here.

Edited by Phazoni