TESTERS WANTED! ×

Southwest: CA, NV, UT, AZ, HI

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

I'm reintroducing myself.  I got demoted to "Recruit".  I've been inactive for a while and golfing much less.  I look forward to getting more engaged and back into golf.  Our local course is still open with the COVID-19 so I'm fortunate.  Hello!

Alpine, UT

In the bag:

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic, Diamana M+ 50g Stiff Shaft

3W: Cleveland FL3W, Miyasaki 43g Stiff Shaft

4 Hybrid: Taylormade SLDR Fujikura? Stiff Shaft

4i: Mizuno MP-H5, KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110 S Shaft 

5i-PW: Mizuno MP-25, KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110 S Shaft

Wedges: 50, 54, 58 degree Mizuno T7 Blue Anodized, Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Shaft

Putter: EVNROLL ER7, Custom Fit 35", 71 degree lie angle and 1 degree of loft

Hi Everyone,

Really happy to have joined this forum.

I've been playing golf sporadically for about 7 years, but just got into it more seriously about two years ago, since then I've improved, but my handicap is still around a 29.  I just find it to be an amazingly fun sport, where even if you're not great at it you can still have an amazing time and even a few incredible moments.

I discovered MyGolfSpy a few months ago and have thoroughly enjoyed the in depth reviews.

I live in the LA area but don't really have a home course.  I started learning at Woodley Lakes before expanding to other courses in the area, so no I play where I can and when I can.  Top of the favorites list though has gotta be Rustic Canyon, that's where I broke 100 for the the first time and it will always hold a special place for me.  Thankfully Southern California Golf is great with a lot of diversity in courses, the hardest thing is often deciding where to play and also knowing that some of the best courses are private and hard to get into.  

I'm a TV producer IRL so golf offers an amazing escape for me from the stress of my job.  Looking forward to connecting more with this community.

Best,

Rami

Hey Everyone!

New to the game of golf, only been at it for a couple of months and am completely hooked! I understand the obsession fully now.

The challenge and plethora of unique approaches to the game, courses and opportunity to continuously improve sucked me right in.

Happy to be part of and join MyGolfSpy, have leaned on many of these forums for beginner advice and looking forward to continue to learn from you all!

I'm Arizona born and raised - Just now at the age of 31 am starting to take advantage of the incredible selection of courses available here. Better late than never, right?

Currently working for an Australian tech company managing North American operations and am excited to play some of those great courses back there when we're able to travel again.

Pretty straightforward on username, initials and well... Golf.

Cheers!

Edited by OJGolf

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Driver - GEN2 0811XF 9° - Kuro Kage Black 55 Stiff

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 3 Wood - GEN2 0341X - ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 Stiff

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Hybrid - GEN2 0317X - KBS TGI Graphite 80 Stiff

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Irons - GEN2 0311XF 4-PW - Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 Stiff (Lie: 1° Up, Length: +1")

:taylormade-small: Wedges - Milled Grind 2, 50° GW & 60° LW / Hi-Toe, 56° SW

:odyssey-small: Putter - Stroke Lab Seven Putter

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

Righty from Chandler, AZ / 24.3 Hdcp

First round of golf played: 3/8/2020

Hey everyone! New to the MyGolfSpy forum and can't wait to start contributing. I'm a longtime, now retired, athlete about to hit the dirty thirty age.

I didn't really grow up playing much golf. Dad and friends were always just about baseball and basketball. The most I played was a few times a year in college as it became our baseball off-day excuse to go drink and swing at a ball as hard as we could. I've been taking golf more seriously since moving out to AZ two years ago. I started at about a 15 handicap and have since gotten down to a 7. 

I've dropped wayyy too much money on golf clubs over the past year haha, and luckily my wife works for one of the Indian reservations that has two Troon courses. I get out and play as much as I can (almost weekly). I love being outside and the peacefulness of the course. Golf in the greater Phoenix area is top notch, and I have a few college buddies that we now go on "golf trips" together around the country. 

MyGolfSpy has become one of my go-to resources for golf equipment and I soon began crawling the forums (like any logical psycho haha). YouTube is my other unhealthy obsession.

My competitive drive keeps me coming back and has me determined to get down to scratch. 

And sloth has been my nickname since college when I slept through my alarm and missed our bus trip to Oklahoma University.

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 - Accra TZ6 M5

:ping-small: G410 LST Fairway 14.5 - Tensei Orange X

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 3H - Tensei White TX

:mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL 4-PW - Modus 120 X

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/56M 

:taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58

:taylormade-small: Spider X

:Snell: MTB-X

Hey everyone! I’ve been been lurking in MyGolfSpy since December and I’ve been hooked ever since!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf since freshman year of high school back in 2003! (Wow I feel real old now haha) I was an and off golfer but the bug bit me and I’m all in on golf yet again! I’m a 6.7 handicap and my scores range from high 70s to mid 80s.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the mental aspect of golf as well as it’s a great form of exercise!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I always would about read club reviews since they provide so much insight in helping me decide my next upgrade. I unfortunately don’t know any spies but I am hoping to connect with my fellow golfers in our region!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Las Vegas, NV  and the courses I usually play are Angel Park Golf Club and other various courses around the Las Vegas valley.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about golf in Las Vegas you can golf year round and there’s always places to practice and play! The only downside is the erratic weather, it’s either way to hot in the summer or way to cold in the winters. Other than that Las Vegas is a golf paradise with incredible views of the strip!

6. What do you do for a living? I am in health care.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Up until recently I have always played ping driver, woods, hybrid and irons with the titleist/Cleveland wedge set up, and Scotty Cameron or Bettinardi flat stick. I incorporated my user name with three things that I hold dear to me, my brand of choice, my profession, and the city I come from!

Driver: Titleist TSr3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x D1/Neutral setting (RH)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr2 16.5 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

7 Wood: Titleist TSr2 21 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

5 Hybrid: Titleist TSr2 24 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 8x B2 setting (RH)

Irons: 2023 Titleist Black T100 5-PW AMT White S300 Onyx (RH)

Wedges: 2023 Titleist Black T100 50 AMT White S300 Onyx, Titleist SM9 Premium Jet Black 54D/12 bounce, 58M/8 bounce BGT ZNE 130 wedge shafts (RH)

Putter: Bettinardi Wizard Inovai 8.0 Custom with Stability Shaft Tour Black

Ball: 2022 Titleist ProV1x (yellow)

Hello Everyone,

1.            How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   >>> Off and On since I was 16 being in the NorthEast, then came west to CA after undergrad and started playing a bunch more.  Currently a 12.0 index due to injury and lack of playing but was a 7.4 – 9.5 index for 17 years.  I shoot anywhere from a 75 to a 95 but typically from high 70's  to mid 80's. I like challenging courses therefore primarily play courses with slopes of 130 and up.

2.            What do you love about golf?   >>> the scenery, the people you meet, the challenge of playing different shots & courses and the disconnect from the hustle and bustle of the average workweek.

3.            What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  >>> Interest in many of your articles and honest reviews.  Looking for anything that will improve my game when I can play.  I do not know other spies.

4.            Where are you from? What is your home course?  >>> I am in the San Jose, CA area, home course is Cinnabar Hills, it used to be De Laveaga for years.

5.            What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?   >>> Best is the variety and challenge of courses from the ocean to the mountains.  Worst is the cost and fact many courses are disappearing in the area.

6.            What do you do for a living?  >>>Business  guy in high-tech (former engineer turned product marketing and business development)

7.            How’d you pick your user name?  >>> made sense based on my last name and interest.

In summary, my only claim to fame is how low my handicap is for how little i play. I think i can attribute that to my short game and learning how to play a low bounce wedge (56* 10* bounce).

Edited by jgolfski

image.png.174bfadf143b7721b2f508d8e9982626.png

On 2/11/2019 at 2:37 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Southwest Region

Hello... Otto here, been playing for 37 years... started age 12, age 49 now; current index 2.8.  I love golf because it keeps me grounded, happy, and living a healthy lifestyle. It also pays the bills; I'm a professional clubfitter for a large national golf equipment retailer.  I am joining MGS as an equipment resource and I'm always curious to hear other's thoughts and feedback on gear, club fitting, and club building.  Grew up in Chicago;  played all over the NE Illinois/NW Indiana/SW Michigan area for about 30 years.  I don't currently have a home course here in SoCal, but I do enjoy Goose Creek GC.  The best thing about SoCal golf is being able to play year round.  The worst things are the fivesomes, and the generally dry conditions. 

Ping G400 LST 8.5*, Oban Devotion 65 X

Callaway 816 Alpha 15*, Oban Devotion 75g S

Maltby KE4 driving iron 19*, Oban Devotion 85g S

Maltby TS1 irons, 3-PW, FST Pro 115g X

Cleveland ZIpCore 50/54/58, NS Pro Modus 3 115g wedge flex

Cleveland HB Soft 11 putter, Lamkin Flat Cat standard grip

Ping Hoofer Lite stand bag

Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus4 std grips

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing for the last 20+ years  my handicap is a 14

2. What do you love about golf? The thrill of competing and making amazing shots  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Wanna spend time with other golf geeks like myself  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I’m from the Bay Area  east bay to be exact  born and raised. My home course is blackhawk country club  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the weather, worst is the lack of golf etiquette 

6. What do you do for a living? I sell tires and callaway golf equipment  

7. How’d you pick your user name? My initials and my line of tires. 

On 2/11/2019 at 2:37 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Hawaii

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? I’ve been playing golf for twenty years off and on. Just getting back into playing after a 3 year hiatus. 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? My handicap is a 16.1 currently.

3. What do you love about golf? I love that I can play and compete for the rest of my life and never master it. I can always improve.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? The golf ball review brought me to my golf spy. Do you already know any other Spies? No, I am brand new to the community.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am located in southern Cal, specifically Santa Clarita. I play at local course cal vista valencia. 

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the weather and worse is the prices of good courses and good instruction.

7. What do you do for a living? I work as a high school administration 

8. How’d you pick your user name? First thing that came to mind.

Norm

14 hours ago, Phazoni said:

Hi everyone. I'm Jim. I live in Los Angeles. I am a COO of a small MSP/MSSP focusing on cybersecurity. I started golfing in September 2019. My current handicap is 31.7 and was on its way down from 36 when we were all put in isolation. i had hoped to be under 30 by now.

My home course is Rancho Park in West Los Angeles (near UCLA) and so far I love this game. I love the challenge of it but mostly I love the camaraderie and being outside surrounded by nature.

During the isolation, I've installed a hitting net and get out there 3-4 times a week practicing my pitching and hitting. 

I won some SuperSpeedGolf sticks from MyGolfSpy in January and am currently in Phase 2 Week 2 of the training. So far my swing speed has increased by from about 95 to just over 100.

I derived my username from an old Nintendo game Metroid Prime.

Anyway, glad to be here.

I haven't play Rancho in a long time. It was a short course but it was always in really good condition, is it still that way now?

:cobra-small: F9 9° Driver

:ping-small: G410 14.5° 3 wood

:ping-small: G410 17° Hybrid

:ping-small: i500 4i-UW

:titelist-small: SM8 56° SW

:titelist-small: SM8 60° LW

:cameron-small: Select Squareback 2018 Putter

:Snell: MTB-X Yellow

:Ogio: 2020 Convoy SE Cart bag

:footjoy-small: Tour X

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

23 years with a 13 year gap in the middle because "golf isn't cool dad". I normally shoot 85-86.
  2. What do you love about golf?

The mechanics of everything, how personal the struggle is, how leveling and humbling it can be, and how at the end of the day, it's just a nice walk outside.
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Don't know any other spies, but I occasionally check in here for opinions on equipment. I still play the first real clubs my dad bought me so I check in to see what I could replace them with, but could never pull the trigger.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

Orange County, CA. San Juan Hills GC
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best thing is the environment is perfect for year round golf. Even when it's hot, it only gets up to maybe 90 and there's no winter off season. Worst thing is that every course is so damn expensive, it's a good 50-65 bucks on average for a non twilight round. 
  6. What do you do for a living?

Middle school science teacher
  7. How’d you pick your user name?

Nickname from high school that has become my username for most things.

Driver: Ping G10

3w: Ping G10

4H: Callaway FTiz

Irons: Titleist DCI Oversize+ Gold 4-L

Putter: Odyssey O-works 7s

Definitely looking to replace all but the putter 😄

Hey, I'm Minesh and live in the Sacramento Area in Northern California. Been playing for about 24 years. I play quite often. In normal times, around once a week from March-October, sometimes twice. In "winter" months it slows down a bit, just due to lack of daylight and rainy days. Sometimes hard to line up free time with breaks in the weather. Still much better than being in snow country where courses completely shut down.

1. How long have you been playing golf? 24 years. Bought my first clubs at age 29.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? GHIN=18-20

3. What do you love about golf? Relaxing, challenging, and a time to spend with the guys at times.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I'd read their reviews on various products I was looking to buy.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Grew up in Burbank, currently live in Sacramento area, but spend a lot of time in Medford, OR on business.

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The rounds can be a little slow at times. The weather allows to be able to play almost year round. Golf in Medford is really nice, only 3 courses but in good/great condition, and afternoon rounds are easily played in 3 hours.

7. I'm in the hotel business - own & manage a couple places.

8. Describes my taste in music, film, art, life.

Edited by EclecticTaste

9 hours ago, OsoBear said:

I haven't play Rancho in a long time. It was a short course but it was always in really good condition, is it still that way now?

Yes. They keep it in very good shape. Comparing it to the greens at Harding, Rancho is Augusta. 🙂 I also like playing the par 3 there to work on my short game.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:53 AM, SPRUSYBOY said:

Hi Everyone,

Really happy to have joined this forum.

I've been playing golf sporadically for about 7 years, but just got into it more seriously about two years ago, since then I've improved, but my handicap is still around a 29.  I just find it to be an amazingly fun sport, where even if you're not great at it you can still have an amazing time and even a few incredible moments.

I discovered MyGolfSpy a few months ago and have thoroughly enjoyed the in depth reviews.

I live in the LA area but don't really have a home course.  I started learning at Woodley Lakes before expanding to other courses in the area, so no I play where I can and when I can.  Top of the favorites list though has gotta be Rustic Canyon, that's where I broke 100 for the the first time and it will always hold a special place for me.  Thankfully Southern California Golf is great with a lot of diversity in courses, the hardest thing is often deciding where to play and also knowing that some of the best courses are private and hard to get into.  

I'm a TV producer IRL so golf offers an amazing escape for me from the stress of my job.  Looking forward to connecting more with this community.

Best,

Rami

Welcome, Rami! My brother lives in Ventura County and they just opened their courses. He wants to play at Sterling on Saturday but I'm not quite ready yet to venture out and risk it. 

On 4/18/2020 at 12:17 AM, Ploobear said:

23 years with a 13 year gap in the middle because "golf isn't cool dad". I normally shoot 85-86.

The mechanics of everything, how personal the struggle is, how leveling and humbling it can be, and how at the end of the day, it's just a nice walk outside.

Don't know any other spies, but I occasionally check in here for opinions on equipment. I still play the first real clubs my dad bought me so I check in to see what I could replace them with, but could never pull the trigger.

Orange County, CA. San Juan Hills GC

The best thing is the environment is perfect for year round golf. Even when it's hot, it only gets up to maybe 90 and there's no winter off season. Worst thing is that every course is so damn expensive, it's a good 50-65 bucks on average for a non twilight round. 

Middle school science teacher

Nickname from high school that has become my username for most things.

Welcome Ploobear. I played Fullerton on New Years Eve. Pretty nice course. Have you played it?

8 hours ago, Phazoni said:

Welcome, Rami! My brother lives in Ventura County and they just opened their courses. He wants to play at Sterling on Saturday but I'm not quite ready yet to venture out and risk it. 

Yeah, I just found out that Rustic is reopened, I want to chat with them to find out more about what they're doing for risk mitigation.  Like if I could pay online, show up and tee off without ever having to check in at the pro shop and know that the cups were upside down, I might consider it, but even then, only for a back 9 so I could go solo - yay social distancing.  Thankfully I got a net and a Swing Caddie so I can get some hits in in my backyard and not fall out of practice

Hi:

I guess I'll give this info a shot.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I took golf as a PE elective my senior year at the U.S. Naval Academy in 1996.  So, I've been playing 24 years.  I normally shoot in the mid 80's.  I've shot 80 several times but always figure out how to screw up my trip into the 70's.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love the challenge.  I like to problem solve.  Since I always get into trouble, I have to work my way out.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Usually equipment and other info.  I don't know any spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I was born and raised in VA.  I move to California 9 years ago.  I came for a job; stayed for a woman.  I usually play one of 3 county courses in Kern County.  I guess my home course would be Buena Vista golf course in Taft, CA.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best:  lots of courses to play.  Worst:  lots of days where the high temperature is over 100 degrees.

6. What do you do for a living?  I'm a manager in the Public Works dept for the county.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  It's a song:  Heyyyyyy Little Walter!

Currently in my Sun Mountain Phantom

Driver:  Callaway Rogue

4W:  Callaway Rogue

7W:  Callaway Rogue

4-GW:  PXG 0211

SW/LW:  Taylor Made Milled Grind

Putter:  PXG Mustang Gen 1

On 4/18/2020 at 9:40 AM, Phazoni said:

Yes. They keep it in very good shape. Comparing it to the greens at Harding, Rancho is Augusta. 🙂 I also like playing the par 3 there to work on my short game.

That's good to hear! I played Victoria in Carson the day before everything was shutdown and it was in horrendous shape. The fairways are by far the worst I've ever seen, basically akin to playing on dirt and mud. With the shutdown ordered the next day, I felt like I asked for week old french fries for my last meal before getting executed.

:cobra-small: F9 9° Driver

:ping-small: G410 14.5° 3 wood

:ping-small: G410 17° Hybrid

:ping-small: i500 4i-UW

:titelist-small: SM8 56° SW

:titelist-small: SM8 60° LW

:cameron-small: Select Squareback 2018 Putter

:Snell: MTB-X Yellow

:Ogio: 2020 Convoy SE Cart bag

:footjoy-small: Tour X

1. I've played since I can remember. Have always been drawn to the games. Normal scores these days are high 70's low 80's, but am trending in the right direction with better control of the driver.  

1. You never play the same game twice. No one to blame but yourself. quest for improvement and perfection. 

1. Can't get enough of the "Don't tell me how to think" mentality. Don't know any other spies. 

1. Alpine, Ut. And looking for a new home course. They are currently destroying mine to pay for an unnecessary club house. 

1. Best is affordable golf in some incredibly scenic areas. The worst is the winter and having an off-season.

1. I work in the Corporate Equity Compensation field. Love what I'm doing and the people I get to work with.

1. No fun story there. 

Hey all!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   Been playing golf for the last 10 years or so. Picked it up late once in grad school. Don't have an established handicap but typically shoot mid 80's. The Grint app has my handicap around 13. 

2. What do you love about golf? Its all mental and the only one to depend on is yourself. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Enjoy all the testing that goes into everything golf.   Don't know any other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Raised in southern California- Chula Vista. Home Course: Bonita Golf Course/ Chula Vista Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is being able to play year round- in shorts. Worse thing can be the lack of rain which leads to public course drying out.  

6. What do you do for a living? Veterinarian 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Related to my profession.

Hey all,

Been a member for a few years. Gonna try to be more active with the new setup.

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Started playing golf in highschool. Currently a 15.6

• What do you love about golf?  I love the challenge.  Constantly trying to get better.

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Love the work MGS does. Definitely won't make an equipment purchase without their intel

• Where are you from? What is your home course?  Modesto, CA.  Don't have a home course

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Most courses near me are just OK. Overpriced for what you get

• What do you do for a living? Pharmacist

• How’d you pick your user name? My name, bdate, job

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensi 55 gm Stiff

:titelist-small: 915F 5w Mitsubishi Diamana White Stiff

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21* 23* Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Stiff

:titelist-small: 716 AP1 5-AW

:titelist-small: Vokey SM5 52* 56*

Golfer for more than 20+ years. 

I am drawn to the game by the challenge of hitting a little white ball to the place where you want it to go (former HS baseball player).

Long time lurker, figured I have a bit of time on my hands now to be more active.  Don't know any spies (I think).

Grew up back East.  My home course with my golf club is Los Verdes Golf Course in Palos Verdes.  I don't play it as often as I would like.

Best thing about SoCal golf is that you can play 300+ days of the year if you have the time and money.  Most public courses are too crowded and American Golf's fivesome policy.

Currently unemployed as I was a COVID-19 layoff casualty.  I am an excellent Public Relations professional with great communications and event skills.

I wanted to do something exotic for my username, but I figured I would keep it simple for now.

"Show me a man who is a good loser and I'll show you a man who is playing golf with his boss."
-Jim Murray

"Every avid golfer has some Don Quixote ideas of competing endlessly to conquer the game of golf.  This is one of the reasons this game can be so addictive."

- Walter Curtis

On 2/11/2019 at 3:37 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

image.png.b2455f12b1a31f9bbd033939d4fe33b1.pngIve been playing for 23 years. 

Edited by T2Grn
Hard to see

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

Diablo 5 Wood Nuetral Stock shaft

:taylormade-small: M3 3 Hybrid Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Weight set to fade

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-GW KBS C Taper Stiff 1/2 inch longer 

:callaway-small: Mac Daddy 4 54, 58

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

:srixon-small: Z-Star

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing golf since 2006. Normal handicap is 5, trying to get it back to when it was lower.

2. What do you love about golf? The competition. Nothing like someone talking smack on the golf course & then sticking it 2ft. from the pin to keep them quiet lol.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Love the reviews, always consult them before making a purchase.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Orlando, home course is Glen Annie Golf Club in Orlando/

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best amazing weather & variety in courses. Worst is lack of competition.

6. What do you do for a living? Work in restaurants

7. How’d you pick your user name? Went to the University of Central Florida, go Knights!

Hi there everyone! Fairly new member to the forum and wanted to introduce myself.

1. I've been playing golf on and off for the last 10 years. My dad introduced me when I was a teenager, and I fell in love with it. Due to college and moving around, I've found it difficult to play consistently, but I'm in one spot (NorCal) for a while now and that should help my golf. My normal score is in the 90-94 range. I feel like I'm really close to being consistently in the high 80's.

2. I love that golf is a game that you can never truly perfect. I'm someone who loves the process in things, and learning to do something different with my swing is enjoyable to me. I also love that, for me, golf is a time for me to unplug for 4+ hours.

3. I came to MyGolfSpy about a year ago because I was looking for a trustable review for some clubs that I was looking to get, and I absolutely found it here. The way that the MGS team goes about golf testing and analysis is commendable, and I want to support that.

4. I'm from Sacramento, CA, and my home course is Haggin Oaks Golf Club.

5. The best thing about golf in my area is that we have a ton of courses within an hour of where I live. At one point I think Sacramento was rated a Top 5 city for the average golfer. The worst thing about golf in my area is that a lot of the courses really struggle with green maintenance throughout the year.

6. I work in technical sales for a software startup based out of San Francisco (I work remotely).

7. I lovingly refer to myself as a Duffer, I'm a Dad, and my name is Kevin :)

5 minutes ago, DuffDaddyKev said:

Hi there everyone! Fairly new member to the forum and wanted to introduce myself.

1. I've been playing golf on and off for the last 10 years. My dad introduced me when I was a teenager, and I fell in love with it. Due to college and moving around, I've found it difficult to play consistently, but I'm in one spot (NorCal) for a while now and that should help my golf. My normal score is in the 90-94 range. I feel like I'm really close to being consistently in the high 80's.

2. I love that golf is a game that you can never truly perfect. I'm someone who loves the process in things, and learning to do something different with my swing is enjoyable to me. I also love that, for me, golf is a time for me to unplug for 4+ hours.

3. I came to MyGolfSpy about a year ago because I was looking for a trustable review for some clubs that I was looking to get, and I absolutely found it here. The way that the MGS team goes about golf testing and analysis is commendable, and I want to support that.

4. I'm from Sacramento, CA, and my home course is Haggin Oaks Golf Club.

5. The best thing about golf in my area is that we have a ton of courses within an hour of where I live. At one point I think Sacramento was rated a Top 5 city for the average golfer. The worst thing about golf in my area is that a lot of the courses really struggle with green maintenance throughout the year.

6. I work in technical sales for a software startup based out of San Francisco (I work remotely).

7. I lovingly refer to myself as a Duffer, I'm a Dad, and my name is Kevin 🙂

Welcome Kevin!  I've played Haggin Oaks in 2015 with a couple of local Spys.  Nice course!!  A flock of turkeys play there!!

IMG_4315.jpeg.10e19a47decbe8c77ea40473d48eb847.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hello!!! I've caught the Golf Bug (again) and thought I would join this to speak with other people with same mindset/addiction...haha 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Starting playing golf as a teenager and been playing on and off since then (currently in my mid-thirties).  My index is currenlty 20 (lowest its ever been)

2. What do you love about golf? Love being outside and enjoying time with friends and family.  Started playing with my wife and kids and that makes it even more enjoyable now.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Currently don't know any Spies (hoping to find some).  Mainly came to MyGolfSpy as I get their e-mails and saw that they were looking for bag testers and looked into the threads and found it interesting and thought I would try it out.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Fresno, CA...don't really have a home course...play all the local muni's equally.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - many public choices and Worst - Summer Heat

6. What do you do for a living? Engineer

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just my name...I'm a simple man...haha