TESTERS WANTED! ×

Southwest: CA, NV, UT, AZ, HI

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

42 minutes ago, KristianC said:

Hello!!! I've caught the Golf Bug (again) and thought I would join this to speak with other people with same mindset/addiction...haha 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Starting playing golf as a teenager and been playing on and off since then (currently in my mid-thirties).  My index is currenlty 20 (lowest its ever been)

2. What do you love about golf? Love being outside and enjoying time with friends and family.  Started playing with my wife and kids and that makes it even more enjoyable now.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Currently don't know any Spies (hoping to find some).  Mainly came to MyGolfSpy as I get their e-mails and saw that they were looking for bag testers and looked into the threads and found it interesting and thought I would try it out.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Fresno, CA...don't really have a home course...play all the local muni's equally.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - many public choices and Worst - Summer Heat

6. What do you do for a living? Engineer

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just my name...I'm a simple man...haha

Welcome!

Have you been playing anywhere since the lockdown? Playing Dragonfly this afternoon. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Nice! Yeah...i've actually been playing more golf now during this pandemic than I have ever before.  With my kid's activities all cancelled now, I'm free again on the weekends.  I play Sherwood Forest every saturday morning and then Dragonfly on Wednesday afternoons (I run a small Engineering Golf League).

3 minutes ago, KristianC said:
8 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Welcome!

Have you been playing anywhere since the lockdown? Playing Dragonfly this afternoon. 

Nice! Yeah...i've actually been playing more golf now during this pandemic than I have ever before.  With my kid's activities all cancelled now, I'm free again on the weekends.  I play Sherwood Forest every saturday morning and then Dragonfly on Wednesday afternoons (I run a small Engineering Golf League).

On 4/22/2020 at 11:21 PM, Derek9rx said:

Hey all,

Been a member for a few years. Gonna try to be more active with the new setup.

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Started playing golf in highschool. Currently a 15.6

• What do you love about golf?  I love the challenge.  Constantly trying to get better.

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Love the work MGS does. Definitely won't make an equipment purchase without their intel

• Where are you from? What is your home course?  Modesto, CA.  Don't have a home course

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Most courses near me are just OK. Overpriced for what you get

• What do you do for a living? Pharmacist

• How’d you pick your user name? My name, bdate, job

Have you been able to play much lately during this time?  I live in Fresno and we have a couple courses open, don't know about Modesto.

Edited by KristianC
Mistake...didn't realize they have been a member.

Hello, I've been following on the Gram for a couple of years and decided to create an account and see where it goes. I'm originally from the Boston area, moved to North Lake Tahoe in 2005 to be a ski bum, and settled in Reno, NV in 2013. The area is great, there's golf almost year round down in Reno and the skiing an hour away in Tahoe is typically deep. There are desert style courses in Reno, mountain courses in Tahoe/Graeagle, and great traditional courses in Sacramento/Foothills all within about a 2 hour drive. It's very cool to play at all the different elevations and course types on a regular basis.

I've been playing golf since I was about 12, although from about 20-35 yrs old, it would only be a couple rounds per summer. About two years ago I got back to playing every week and sometimes a couple times per week. I usually shoot in the mid to high 80's with the occasional visit back to the mid 90's when my Budweiser short game takes over. I've been playing one length irons for 2 years now and I think they've helped my game tremendously. 

I work in the apparel manufacturing industry as the Purchasing Manager for a Hunting/Fishing accessory company. I get to work with factories all over Asia developing new products, testing fabrics and materials, and managing work/cash flow and inventory. 

I'm looking forward to having a place to get honest reviews of product, get travel tips, and hope to meet a few people to get out and shank some shots with. Thanks for having me!

Driver - Mizuno JPX EZ
3/5 Wood - Mizuno JPX EZ
Irons - Cobra Forged One Length
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM6 (50, 54, 58)
Putter - Ping Vault Arna

Like many others who haven't posted as much, I'm trying to get more involved in posting. That said, hello from Ventura County, CA

1. I've been playing golf over 40 years now. Current index is 12.5, lowest was somewhere in the 8 range.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the personal challenge of both mental & physical aspects of the game, the camaraderie and friendly competition & just being outside

3. I came upon GolfSpy as I'm always researching equipment and instructional tips. I don't know of any other Spiers, ...yet.

4. I'm from Ventura, County, CA and I guess the closest home course would be Sterling Hills, but I also frequent Olivas Links, Buenaventura, Saticoy, Camarillo Springs and Rustic Canyon.

5. The best thing about golf in my region is the moderate climate through most of the year. The worst part is the occasional hot+dry Santa Anna wind events whenever it blows above 25mph.

6. I've been working in corporate/enterprise infrastructure IT for over 25 years, but currently unemployed/looking and considering a change into a different line of work.

7. My NotZoro Username was derived from a play on words with a former employer's brand (the ISP, NetZero). My email used to be NotZoro@NetZero.net ...not very interesting or original but it stuck.

1. How long have you been playing golf?
    I’ve been playing for about 30 years on and off. More on lately.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? I usually shoot high 70s low 80s.

4. What do you love about golf? I love that no matter how my round is going golf keeps a smile on my face!

5. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I like the honesty and methodology! I don’t believe I know any spies!

6. Where are you from? Carlsbad,CA What is your home course? Encinitas Ranch, The Crossings, Goat Hill, St Marks.

7. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is year round golf. Worst is hard to get a early tee time.

8. What do you do for a living? I’m a stay at home dad and work at restaurant at nights ( though unemployed because of the covid).

9. How’d you pick your user name? I live in Carlsbad and my name is Chris!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing on and off most of my life. Gotten very involved in the last 6 years. My normal scores are in the mid to upper 80's and currently have a 13.9 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? I love being outside and the challenge of the game. Also no feeling like a ball off the sweet spot!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know anyone else that fequents MGS, or at least it's not come up. I like MGS because I am a golf nerd and like all the information I can get.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live on Maui, and my home course is Waiehu Municipal.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is get to play year round! Worst is there is limited options.

6. What do you do for a living? I work security.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's not a username it's a way of life.

•  

1. Since my baseball career ended prematurely in college(2015). I typically shoot in the high 70's to low 80's. 

2. I love the mental game and the fact that it is an individual sport that all results are based on my input. 

3. I saw some giveaways that attracted me, but stayed for the knowledge that it contains.

4. San Diego, CA. I play regularly at Torrey Pines but have a rotation of courses.

5. Summer Drought!! So many courses are closing or being poorly maintained due to the inability and high cost of water.

6. Future doctor

7. It was a nickname that my friends had for me growing up.  

M5 7.5Deg UST Proforce V2 tipped 1" strong 70g X

M5 Rocket 3 14deg UST Proforce V2  70g X

GaparLo 2 17deg KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X

4-iron Titleist T-MB Project X 6.5

5-Pw Taylormade P7TW Project X 6.5

52 Slate Blue Vokey SM7 Project X 6.5

56 Jet Black Vokey SM7 Project X 6.0

60 HiToe Mill Grind Project X 6.0

On 2/14/2019 at 8:22 AM, azstu324 said:

Howdy! I guess that's what we say here in AZ? 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing since I was about 12. No established handicap but average mid 80's on most par 70-72's so I guess that might make me about a 13?

2. What do you love about golf? By nature and profession, I'm a very critical thinker/problem solver. This whole game is like solving 18 consecutive  mini puzzles that are never the same each time. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been a member for a few years now. It was my initial curiosity with club making and interweb golf club investigation that led me here. It just seemed that the more I searched for answers about different golf related subjects, the more I found myself reading MGS responses as they seemed to be more candid and honest with nothing but respectful folks. Eventually I just joined to become a part of the community. I really only know other spies through regular discussion and banter through various threads. Nobody personally. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Chandler, AZ. Not really an AZ native but have lived here for over 25 years so we claim it as home. My home courses are really the locally recognized budget tracks.. nothing with TPC or Trune attached. Foothills, Kokopelli, Ken McDonald, Rolling Hills, Springfield, Western Skies, Superstition Springs, The Duke, etc. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is that there is absolutely no shortage of courses in the Phx area. The worst is that in the winter time, green fees nearly quadruple due to prime season. 

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a Mortgage Underwriter (Risk analysis)

7. How’d you pick your user name? I'm from Arizona, my name's Stuart, and my DOB is 3/24... Hence AZStu324

Great name 😉 Also I love Arizona! I have so buddies that moved out to tempe and phoenix and plan to move there in the future.

M5 7.5Deg UST Proforce V2 tipped 1" strong 70g X

M5 Rocket 3 14deg UST Proforce V2  70g X

GaparLo 2 17deg KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X

4-iron Titleist T-MB Project X 6.5

5-Pw Taylormade P7TW Project X 6.5

52 Slate Blue Vokey SM7 Project X 6.5

56 Jet Black Vokey SM7 Project X 6.0

60 HiToe Mill Grind Project X 6.0

Hi all, long-time lurker, first time poster. Well, not so much lurker but more so would get directed to these forums for all the golf equipment specific questions I would ask Google, lol. I'm 36 years old and an admitted club junkie/ho. I love reading about tons of new equipment, high end, tour.. whatever... although I find that my actual bag changes tend to be few and far between. Up until earlier this month, I was gaming the same Mizuno Mp-29s since high school... and most of my longer clubs were from about a decade ago or older (Titleist 910, SonarTec, TM Rescue TP).  Well , this was all before the recent quarantine... now I've found myself revamping the bag, and only keeping some wedges I picked up a few years ago and the putter I've always had. Happy to be here, and thankful for the insight you all will provide me and I embark on this new mission of figuring out which direction I'm going in with my set make-up.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Since I was about 10, so appx 25+ years. I'll go out and still expect to break 80, despite practice on my end being non-existent. My lowest score ever was a 69 at Black Country Club (Falls Course). I got up and down from a bunker to make birdie on my last hole and break 70 my one and only time.

2. What do you love about golf? Just being out there, you vs. the course. I often play alone, but am not above a sloppy Sunday with the boys. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Google. Google would always direct me to various forum discussions as I looked online at new clubs, shafts, etc. I don't think I know any spies personally, but look forward to hopefully meeting some of you.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area, currently living in Oakland. I don't have a "home course " at the moment, I am a bit of a golf vagabond right now. However, I grew up playing and living in Blackhawk Country Club in Danville, CA. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The fact we can play year round; Pebble Beach is only a short drive away (although I have yet to play it). Worst things are, there tends to be a lack of practice facilities in the SF/Oakland areas... green fees can be pricey because of the area we live in. Also, most of the courses are of a similar style - old school, tree-lined and tight with small greens... not the worst for practicing on, but sometimes I dream of a resort style course where I can bomb it everywhere and still walk away break 80 comfortably.

6. What do you do for a living? I work in finance.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Because for the longest time I played blades, and that grooved my ball-striking for sure. Nowadays I simply cannot dedicate the time needed to practice and stay super sharp, but I'll still figure out a way to get the ball around better than most. Hence the need to move away from them; the catalyst for this newfound equipment journey I'm on. 

Edited by FormerDimer
  • :callaway-small:   Mavrik SZ 9 Deg (Fujikura Ventus Black 6x)
  • :titelist-small:   TS3 3w 15 Deg (Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7x)
  • :taylormade-small:   SIM DHY Utility 2 Iron 17 Deg (Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 90S tipped 1/2")
  • :mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Tour 4-PW (KBS C-Taper 120)
  • :titelist-small:   Vokey SM5 50/54/60 (KBS C-Taper 120 / KBS 610)
  • :taylormade-small:   Spider X Chalk; 33.5"

...... for now!

Hi all, long-time lurker, first time poster. Well, not so much lurker but more so would get directed to these forums for all the golf equipment specific questions I would ask Google, lol. I'm 36 years old and an admitted club junkie/ho. I love reading about tons of new equipment, high end, tour.. whatever... although I find that my actual bag changes tend to be few and far between. Up until earlier this month, I was gaming the same Mizuno Mp-29s since high school... and most of my longer clubs were from about a decade ago or older (Titleist 910, SonarTec, TM Rescue TP).  Well , this was all before the recent quarantine... now I've found myself revamping the bag, and only keeping some wedges I picked up a few years ago and the putter I've always had. Happy to be here, and thankful for the insight you all will provide me and I embark on this new mission of figuring out which direction I'm going in with my set make-up.
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Since I was about 10, so appx 25+ years. I'll go out and still expect to break 80, despite practice on my end being non-existent. My lowest score ever was a 69 at Black Country Club (Falls Course). I got up and down from a bunker to make birdie on my last hole and break 70 my one and only time.

2. What do you love about golf? Just being out there, you vs. the course. I often play alone, but am not above a sloppy Sunday with the boys. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Google. Google would always direct me to various forum discussions as I looked online at new clubs, shafts, etc. I don't think I know any spies personally, but look forward to hopefully meeting some of you.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area, currently living in Oakland. I don't have a "home course " at the moment, I am a bit of a golf vagabond right now. However, I grew up playing and living in Blackhawk Country Club in Danville, CA. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The fact we can play year round; Pebble Beach is only a short drive away (although I have yet to play it). Worst things are, there tends to be a lack of practice facilities in the SF/Oakland areas... green fees can be pricey because of the area we live in. Also, most of the courses are of a similar style - old school, tree-lined and tight with small greens... not the worst for practicing on, but sometimes I dream of a resort style course where I can bomb it everywhere and still walk away break 80 comfortably.

6. What do you do for a living? I work in finance.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Because for the longest time I played blades, and that grooved my ball-striking for sure. Nowadays I simply cannot dedicate the time needed to practice and stay super sharp, but I'll still figure out a way to get the ball around better than most. Hence the need to move away from them; the catalyst for this newfound equipment journey I'm on. 

Welcome aboard from Georgia!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Legit newb question here:

How do I get my bag-info in my signature like I see everyone else has?  I tried to "complete my profile," but every time I get past the "who referred you" page (which is page 1, and no one referred me), the screen just reloads and I see "complete your profile" again as an option - but it won't actually let me complete my profile.  I assumed it was because I was still in "recruit" status, but now that I'm out of the probational period, I still can't seem to fill that stuff in. 

Anyway, just thought I'd ask the experts.  

-Swanson

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Howdy

1. Since 1981. I normally shoot in the 70's with an occasional foray into the low 80's.

2. Being outside and attempting to master more shots.

3. Equipment reviews and general golf news. I get most of my clubs from the Callaway pre-owned site. Currently Epic woods and Steelhead irons. Vokey wedges.

4. Phoenix area, live in a retired community.

5. Best thing is ability to walk in the winter. Golf all year.  There are no bad things about golf in AZ other than the expense in the winter during the snowbird season.

6. NOTHING! Retired

7. Beak was my call sign in the Marines. Bryce was a 3d computer program I learned while teaching computers.

Edited by Beakbryce

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

Hey everyone.

While in lockdown I went down the golf rabbit hole pretty deep and rediscovered myspygolf. Super stoked I found y'all again and registered. I used to be a club fitter in San Francisco and Beverly Hills but run a cigar shop now and am a total gear head. Also a swing student and put in as much time as I can with a 10-year old son to take care of. I've been playing twice a week the past month though and I've turned another corner. 4 straight rounds in the 70's. Glad to be here. Thanks for having me.

Cirq

On 5/16/2020 at 10:08 AM, Beakbryce said:

Howdy

1. Since 1981. I normally shoot in the 70's with an occasional foray into the low 80's.

2. Being outside and attempting to master more shots.

3. Equipment reviews and general golf news. I get most of my clubs from the Callaway pre-owned site. Currently Epic woods and 

4. Phoenix area, live in a retired community.

5. Best thing is ability to walk in the winter. Golf all year.  There are no bad things about golf in AZ other than the expense in the winter during the snowbird season.

6. NOTHING! Retired

7. Beak was my call sign in the Marines. Bryce was a 3d computer program I learned while teaching computers.

Welcome Beak!  Thank you for your service!  My wife and I play in Phoenix area quite a bit since her brother moved to Surprise a couple of years ago.  We are retired also, but not snowbirds, just travelers!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just found this thread.  Soooo...

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - Playing around 15 years.  Really only gotten serious about it in the last couple of years.  Currently taking lessons.  Would really like to get good enough to play in competitions.  I'm at a 10.5 index.

2. What do you love about golf? - Love the challenge and being outdoors.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Found the site through a link when I was looking for golf ball comparisons.  Found the golf ball test which was very cool.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? - From a lot of places.  Live in Peoria AZ.   My home course is probably Legend at Arrowhead, only becasue they have a good deal for memberships with unlimited range ball and it's really close by.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - Best is golf all year.  Worst is playing when it's 115, although that's kind of a good thing too since it's cheap then and less crownded.  

6. What do you do for a living? - I'm kind of a techy guy at GoDaddy in Scottsdale.

7. How’d you pick your user name? - Kind of a throwback to some nicknames from the Military.

Edited by SnoopMatty
Formatting

:ping-small:  G410+  9° Stiff
:cobra-small:  F9 3W
:ping-small:  i210 4-Pw Stiff
:ping-small:  3H
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52, 56, 60
:ping-small: Sigma
:srixon-small: Zstar

Sup people!

Finally trying to make the transition from reader to participator! I live in Oakland, CA and have been following MGS for years now. 

I've been playing golf for around 8 years and have gotten as low as 75! That was a magical day.. I typically live in the low 80 range though. 

I'm hoping to learn a lot from you all! Like where, when this covid thing has settled, can one get a good wedge fitting in the bay?? lol

Looking forward to being a bigger part of the MGS community!

How's It going Golf Spies?!? Looking forward to joining this forum to Lean and Help with golf. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   Known how to play since I was young (7ish), but really started to play in high school when I switched from Baseball to golf (couldn't hit a curveball...). That puts me at about 20 years now. Normally play about once a month. Currently playing to a 4.2 handicap. 
  2. What do you love about golf? Getting away from my wife and kids! Just kidding.  (Actually teaching my son how to play right now too!)  Love the challenge of improving my own game without needing to worry about other people. Its also a nice break from the regular world and good exercise. 
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Started watching their Youtube "No Putts Given" series and found them very informative. Do not currently know any other spies. 
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in the SF Bay Area. Do not relly havew a home course though. I play most parts of the state, but if I had to CHOOSE a home course I would pick Bayonet Black Horse down in Monterey. About 1.5 hr drive, but 2 of my favorite courses to play. 
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? No real complaints other than maybe price. We have lots of courses and can play mostly year round. 
  6. What do you do for a living?That's a long answer, but it mostly boils down to sales, Tech support, Accounting. 
  7. How’d you pick your user name? Have considered starting a youtube channel (nothing doing yet though), and since I enjoy a drink or two every now and again thought that would be a good channel name. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

On 5/16/2020 at 5:29 AM, Jondough said:

Legit newb question here:

How do I get my bag-info in my signature like I see everyone else has?  I tried to "complete my profile," but every time I get past the "who referred you" page (which is page 1, and no one referred me), the screen just reloads and I see "complete your profile" again as an option - but it won't actually let me complete my profile.  I assumed it was because I was still in "recruit" status, but now that I'm out of the probational period, I still can't seem to fill that stuff in. 

Anyway, just thought I'd ask the experts.  

-Swanson

Not sure if anyone answered you yet, but you can edit your signature in your account settings. Click your username at the top-right of the site > account settings. Then insert it as your forum signature. If you want to put brands within, you can use the "smiley face" in the editor to insert them:

image.png.f4ce5e17b2e58ff1d287aad1e77ffe0b.png

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

THANK. YOU.  I knew I was missing something - much appreciated.   (Wait..now everyone will what a mostly-crappy set I've got 😉 )

-Swanson

Not sure if anyone answered you yet, but you can edit your signature in your account settings. Click your username at the top-right of the site > account settings. Then insert it as your forum signature. If you want to put brands within, you can use the "smiley face" in the editor to insert them:

image.png.f4ce5e17b2e58ff1d287aad1e77ffe0b.png

On 5/5/2020 at 2:29 AM, TimoTe said:

I am in La Habra. I play Fullerton, Pomona, Diamond Bar, Huntington, and San Dimas courses. I can't do the league but more than happy to play a round with ya sometime. 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Picked up golf in 2012 to play once or twice a year in company outings. In mid 2019 I moved to the Phoenix, AZ area and decided that I was going to take golf more seriously and work on my game. In the past 10 months I've dropped 15 strokes and am currently a 7. 

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside. Taking in the natural environment. Hanging with friends and challenging myself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Always looking for more info on the game, and since I am new to the area it might not hurt to have some Spies course recommendations or to even hit the links.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Born and raised in Las Vegas. Moved to Portland, OR for 15 years. And now living in Gilbert, AZ.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I love everything right now. I do not miss the Oregon rain. The coastal wind. Or the short season. Its golf 24/7 here. 

6. What do you do for a living? I work in IT for an aviation company. Hopefully we can bounce back from this pandemic quickly or this answer may become homeless golf coach. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Long time handle on message boards and social media. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Picked up golf in 2012 to play once or twice a year in company outings. In mid 2019 I moved to the Phoenix, AZ area and decided that I was going to take golf more seriously and work on my game. In the past 10 months I've dropped 15 strokes and am currently a 7. 

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside. Taking in the natural environment. Hanging with friends and challenging myself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Always looking for more info on the game, and since I am new to the area it might not hurt to have some Spies course recommendations or to even hit the links.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Born and raised in Las Vegas. Moved to Portland, OR for 15 years. And now living in Gilbert, AZ.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I love everything right now. I do not miss the Oregon rain. The coastal wind. Or the short season. Its golf 24/7 here. 

6. What do you do for a living? I work in IT for an aviation company. Hopefully we can bounce back from this pandemic quickly or this answer may become homeless golf coach. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Long time handle on message boards and social media. 

Once again, welcome to the forum AND the neighborhood!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

30 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Once again, welcome to the forum AND the neighborhood!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

2 hours ago, scooterhd2 said:

azscooterhd2,

Welcome. I'm relatively new to posting as I've been posting on this site for just the past couple months.  However, I've lived in Phoenix for the past 15 years and can certainly give you some recommendations.  As a 7 handicap you are better than me at a 9.5 but let me know what types of courses you like as I'm sure they are quite different from Oregon courses.  Also let me know your budgets and your geographic location and I'll send some recommendations your way!

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

Diablo 5 Wood Nuetral Stock shaft

:taylormade-small: M3 3 Hybrid Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Weight set to fade

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-GW KBS C Taper Stiff 1/2 inch longer 

:callaway-small: Mac Daddy 4 54, 58

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

:srixon-small: Z-Star

1 hour ago, T2Grn said:

azscooterhd2,

Welcome. I'm relatively new to posting as I've been posting on this site for just the past couple months.  However, I've lived in Phoenix for the past 15 years and can certainly give you some recommendations.  As a 7 handicap you are better than me at a 9.5 but let me know what types of courses you like as I'm sure they are quite different from Oregon courses.  Also let me know your budgets and your geographic location and I'll send some recommendations your way!

Haha. Yes, everything is quite different than Oregon courses. I live in Gilbert and work in Chandler so I mostly play in the SE valley. My only tried and true golf partner lives out in Surprise so I've played quite a bit way west as well. Everything in between (Tempe, Phoenix, Scottsdale) is still a mystery to me.

While my favorite courses are probably desert courses, Im really just a fan of getting out and playing. Ive been trying to play new courses half the time I go out. Budget isnt a huge concern. I wont play a $120 course every weekend, but one out of 4 times is fine. And I'm not a snob about a fun muni course or goat track. Whatever is interesting and memorable. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I took my first lessons in Phoenix, AZ when I was 5 years old (1980), then gave up the game when my parents divorced.  I ended up picking up the game again when I was 12 and living in Glendale, AZ.  I practically lived on the golf course until I was 16 and moved to Las Vegas, where golf wasn't as junior friendly and much more expensive.  I recently moved down to SE Arizona due to a military assignment.  I am currently scratch and can shoot around par or better.  I get to play once or twice a week.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love the challenge to improve but never being able to master the game.  Nothing is more satisfying than making a long putt or puring a long iron into a tough par 3 or to hit a par 5 in two.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I came to MGS because of the unbiased testing.  The difficult part about buying golf equipment is determining what is truth and what is hype.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I currently live in Sierra Vista, AZ and my home course is Pueblo Del Sol Country Club and Mountain View Golf Course.  We only have two courses in the city, so I have to rotate.  As soon as this pandemic is completed and my Commanding General lifts our travel restriction, I will travel to Tucson and Phoenix to play some of the courses that I couldn't afford when I grew up in Phoenix.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best part about golf in Arizona is the variety of courses that are available.  You can play desert courses or tree lined courses in the same city.  Some courses are flat and some have huge elevation changes.  Some courses have flat greens and some have a lot of undulation.  The worst part about golf in Arizona is that it can get really expensive in the winter when all of the travelers come to spend the winter months in some warmth.

6. What do you do for a living?  I am active duty Army.  My training is in the communications field but my current job has me performing jobs similar to a city manager.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  I was given this nickname from a friend during an assignment to South Korea back in 1999.  It is a conglomeration of names, but it just worked so it stuck.

Good morning everyone,

first time poster, long time reader of views (if that makes sense haha) joining the community it get insight about gear and the game. 

1. How long have you been playing golf?
    I have played golf for about 2 months, had one lesson before covid ruined everything. Since then, I have been watching a lot of Monte’s videos and Jake Hutt 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I have only played 2 times and my GolfShot app says 36.4. And I only lost 3 balls in those 2 rounds! 

3. What do you love about golf?
    I love the challenge and every hole is a different outcome  

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    I first came to MGS to read reviews and now be part of this community 

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? 
    I’m from CA and home course would be Heartwell

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? best thing about golf in CA is that you can play all year. Worst part is everyone plays and it’s super slow

7. What do you do for a living? I work in IT

8. How’d you pick your user name?childhood nickname

Hi Everyone, 

I have really been enjoying Mygolfspy for awhile and finally decided I need to create a profile. 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

- I have been playing since I was about 8 yrs old. My grandmother loved golf and gave me lessons when I would visit. In the 27 years since, I have gone through various times where I've played more than other but right now I shooting in the low 80s.  

What do you love about golf? 

I love the social aspects of golf. Recently my 11 yr old son started to play and it has given us the opportunity to spend time together without the distractions of work or phones. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? 

-Came for the gear reviews and stayed for the informative articles and entertaining podcast. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I grew up in San Diego, and am living in Los Angeles. JW Marriot Palms Course in Palm Desert. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

-Best thing: Seeing young kids getting involved in golf, there are a lot of great programs in the area to get kids out playing golf. 

-Worst thing is watching guys who absolutely suck take it too seriously. Unless I'm getting paid for something I'm not taking too seriously. 

What do you do for a living?

-I am a Lawyer 

How’d you pick your user name?
-No fun story here just what was easy to remember. 

8 hours ago, Chonch said:

Good morning everyone,

first time poster, long time reader of views (if that makes sense haha) joining the community it get insight about gear and the game. 

1. How long have you been playing golf?
    I have played golf for about 2 months, had one lesson before covid ruined everything. Since then, I have been watching a lot of Monte’s videos and Jake Hutt 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I have only played 2 times and my GolfShot app says 36.4. And I only lost 3 balls in those 2 rounds! 

3. What do you love about golf?
    I love the challenge and every hole is a different outcome  

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    I first came to MGS to read reviews and now be part of this community 

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? 
    I’m from CA and home course would be Heartwell

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? best thing about golf in CA is that you can play all year. Worst part is everyone plays and it’s super slow

7. What do you do for a living? I work in IT

8. How’d you pick your user name?childhood nickname

Welcome!!  You are on the right track if you are watching Monte videos.  I highly recommend lessons with him if you can do it.  I went to his clinic in Seattle last year, and I was scheduled to attend another at his course in Irvine, CA before COVID-19 struck.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

What's up guys? New to the forum, figured I'd introduce myself in hopes of getting the pro tips for LA golf.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Started at about 13, switched to it in high school when I figured out I was better at golf than baseball. Got down to about a 6 handicap by the end of high school (upper 70s, lower 80s), but stopped playing when I left for college. 25 now (it's been about 7 years) and I'm looking to get back into the golfing game. Hit the range a few times this past week and I'm hoping to get back down to single digits.

What do you love about golf?

Great social game, and I'm all about friendly competition and a bit of banter.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I think I saw a post on Reddit or GolfWRX recommending I check it out.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

From CT, grew up playing at Black Hall Club in Old Lyme, CT. Currently living in LA (Echo Park).

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Wouldn't really know quite yet, but I'm guessing the best is the weather allows it year-round, the worst is the lack of accessibility.

What do you do for a living?

Medical student, currently in my 4th (last) year.

How’d you pick your user name?

It's my IG handle. 7 was my baseball number growing up, 23 was my soccer number.

Down to try to play some time, but also here for advice on courses and deals they've got in the area. It's been like 7 years since I've been in the golf game, so I'm sure I've got lots of catching up to do.