TESTERS WANTED! ×

Southwest: CA, NV, UT, AZ, HI

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Suppose I should introduce myself.  I'm Jon from SLC, UT. 

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I played briefly in high school, but then shelved the clubs until grad school.  I picked it back up but played maybe a round or two a year.  Covid year provided a good impetus to dedicated some time and I've played a bunch over the past two years.  It's coming around.  I usually shoot +15-20 per nine (I tend to lose a lot of balls on wayward shots).  However, my last two rounds were both with just one ball, so that was nice! 

• What do you love about golf?

I've always been a sports guy, whether skiing or playing soccer.  I tend to pick things up pretty quickly, so its odd when I struggle athletically.... which brings us to golf!  I look at it as a lifetime sport (I'm not getting younger) and it is an excellent problem to solve.  There is always something to work on and perfect.  It keeps my brain interested while provided a good outlet for some sport and competition.  

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? 

It's a nice place to ask/answer/examine all of my random golf thoughts! 

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

I grew up in SLC, avenues.  Usually play Bonneville and Nibley.  Always trying to scam my way into some of the fancy courses around here

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

There is such a wide variety of courses.  Everything from narrow mountain courses to linksy courses.  You can pretty much find it all (especially if you are willing to head south for desert golf in the winter).  Tee times are usually pretty easy to find, if you look around. The worst are the dog days of summer.  100* is too hot for golf.... 

• What do you do for a living? 

I'm a lawyer. 

• How’d you pick your user name?

I'm always hurt (currently 5 months off a torn achillies)  and I thought it was funny. 

Driver:  Ping 425LST 9*  (Aldila Rouge White 130) 

3 Wood: Sub70 Pro (13) (HZRDS Black 60)

3U: Sub70 (19.5) (True Temper Project X U) 

Irons: Sub70 699 Pro (5-Gap) (Dynamic Gold S300)

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54 and 58 (10S)  (Project X)

Putter: Some old green Nike Blade

Hey all!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've only been playing a short while since the pandemic hit and unneeded something to do. I am playing in the 90’s right now. 

2. What do you love about golf? I enjoy how very challenging it is.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I was looking up putter reviews and then found this forum and figure it would be a good place to learn tips and ask questions.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm In Los Angeles and play at Van Nuys GC often as well as the Calabasas Country Club. (Due to a friend who is a member)

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - year round golf. Worst - I find a lot of the courses I’ve played so far look good on paper but are not good once you get there.

6. What do you do for a living? Anything. Ha! No I’m in visual effects. I am the project manager overseeing all the current Star Trek shows.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's basically my user name for everything.

-Shawn

3 hours ago, vfxshawn said:

Hey all!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've only been playing a short while since the pandemic hit and unneeded something to do. I am playing in the 90’s right now. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I was looking up putter reviews and then found this forum and figure it would be a good place to learn tips and ask questions.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm In Los Angeles and play at Van Nuys GC often as well as the Calabasas Country Club. (Due to a friend who is a member)

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - year round golf. Worst - I find a lot of the courses I’ve played so far look good on paper but are not good once you get there.

6. What do you do for a living? Anything. Ha! No I’m in visual effects. I am the project manager overseeing all the current Star Trek shows.

The greens at Calabasas are gloriously challenging. There doesn’t seem to be a straight putt anywhere. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

On 9/15/2021 at 12:30 PM, vfxshawn said:

Hey all!

Welcome Shawn!  Couple of questions...Are you a Trekkie?  How's Van Nuys playing these days?  I used to play there decades ago with my older brother - lots of good memories.

Driver: PXG 0211 Diamana S+

5W: Callaway Epic Max HZRDUS Smoke iM10

Hybrid: Cobra F8 22* One Length Aldila Rogue Pro

Irons: Ping G410 5 - LW AWT 2.0

Putter: Odyssey Exo Stroke Lab 7

Ball: SaintNine U-Pro 

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130s

• 2 weeks later...

Off and on for 25 years. 20 handicap

Nature. Hanging with friends. Escapism. Masochism.  

Live, Laugh, Love 

SoCal/LA/OC. 

Weather. Crowds.

Advertising/Marketing Genius

The Green Fees Are Too Damn High

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster from Orange County, California here! Finally made the time to invest myself into MyGolfSpy after absorbing countless information from every post 🙂

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I started playing golf around a year or so ago, and surprisingly I was pretty good at it, so I quickly picked up the game. I've been going to the range almost every other day, and visiting various courses locally on weekends ever since I started. I would say that I am a mid-low handicapper as I'm almost shooting near 90s now!

1. What do you love about golf?

I love the community, and I love the game itself. As an extrovert that loves spending time with close friends, I find playing sports/games myself (basically, I mean playing without your friends/people you know) demotivating and unsatisfying. However, golf is different. While I do frequently go out to the range and 9-18 hole courses with friends, I also love the alone time. Hitting the balls at my own pace, working on whichever technique I want to without giving friends advises, turning on youtube in the middle of a driving range session to figure out what I am doing wrong, I LOVE being able to learn about these things.

One other thing I love about golf is the technique and the math behind the sport. I love breaking things down and gaining FULL understanding of every tiny little aspect, and I found golf to be an endless learning session haha.

1. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I came across MyGolfSpy couple months ago by clicking an suggested link for an review of some clubs, and ever since then I have been stopping in MyGolfSpy every other day to read discussions, new posts, and reviews! 

1. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from Orange County, California. I would say my home course is the Dad Miller Golf Course, but I bounce around all the local courses.

1. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

I would say that both best and worst thing about golf in my region is the weather. It is anywhere around 80-100 degrees during the day, so in the beginning of a golf session the weather is very nice, but after 30 minutes I can't stand the sweating and the heat.

1. What do you do for a living?

I am a recent undergrad graduate, so for now I am at home, studying as I am planning to take the LSAT for law school.

1. How’d you pick your user name?

My username is one that I have always used. I don't know where the numbers came from though.

Titleist AP2 716 👌

• 1 month later...

If anyone from the LA/OC area wants to get a round in around the Christmas holiday time, let me know. I will probably be in town for about 10 days, maybe slightly longer. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

• 2 months later...

Aloha!

1. How long have you been playing golf? only two years now.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 88-91 is normal

3. What do you love about golf? meeting new people that love Golf and being active.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Tips and experiences. Do you already know any other Spies? none at all.

5. Where are you from? Born and raised in Utah! retired from the military and living in Hawaii now. What is your home course? Hickam AFB.

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? best, weather, worst, weather (it attracts tourists from all over the world).

7. What do you do for a living? Retired

8. How’d you pick your user name? Best movie ever made! The Best of Times! RENO HIGHTOWER!

Edited by Reno71

What's your favorite Golf pencil? I use: https://www.golfpencilswitherasers.com

Welcome!

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

• 2 weeks later...

Hola. Jumping over from the GolfWRX forum. Will probably be active in both. Love the content on both sites. Glad to be here 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Since March 2020. Normally shoot anywhere between 90-100.

2. What do you love about golf? It's hard. I used to play baseball and that came natural/felt easy to me. I picked up a golf club and it was hard. Now I've worked to improve to where I am at today but you can always get better. I also love the game beyond the fundamentals, the history of the sport, the fashion, the clubs. There's so many layers to dive into, you don't get bored of this stuff. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Didn't know they had a forum till someone on the GolfWRX forum mentioned it. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? So-Cal. Anything in the greater IE region. Dos Lagos, Menifee Lakes, Redhawk. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Can play golf year round, plenty of affordable options. The worst thing though is that with the Golf Boom it's definitely been overcrowded and takes a LONG time to finish some rounds. 

6. What do you do for a living? IT

7. How’d you pick your user name? Drake fan, He is Champagne Papi. The way I used to play I was definitely the Double Bogey Papi. 

Driver: Nike VRS Covert

Wood: Nike VRS Covert 3 Wood

Irons: Nike Vapor Pro 3, Nike VR Pro Cavity 4-PW

Wedges: Nike SV Tour 52, 56, 60

Putter: Nike Ignite 001

• 1 month later...

Hey Everyone, 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?- Just broke 100 for the first time on a true 72! been playing consitently for about a year and a half now.

2. What do you love about golf? Every round is diffrent even on the same holes. Everytime a new challenge and ill never be good enough. Always working towards a goal

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love product reviews!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Southern California, Home course would probably Be Rancho San Juaquin. Its 5 steps from my work, perfect for a post work 9

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Prices! crazy high, bad courses are 55+ good ones easily paying 100 or more. OC what can you say

6. What do you do for a living? I work for the county Parks Department

7. How’d you pick your user name? Last name first name play on words lol.  kinda lame hahah

Driver:  :ping-small:   G425 SFT 10.5* w/ Ping Tour 65

Wood:    :callaway-small: ROGUE  Project X Hzrdus Yellow 83 6.0 83G Stiff

Hybrids: File:Wilson-logo.svg - Wikimedia CommonsProfile Platinum 5h

Irons:  File:Wilson-logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons   Profile Platinum 6-PW

Mizuno USA logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG 4i  JPX-850 Forged w/True Temper Dynamic Gold 120 X100 Iron Steel Shaft

Wedge:  File:Wilson-logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons Profile Platinum 56*

Putter:   File:Wilson-logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons Profile Platinum

Balls:      :callaway-small: Chrome soft

On 2/11/2019 at 2:37 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Southwest Region

Hello there, my name is Zach.

I started this account here to document what happens when you were really into golf 10 years ago, and decided to get back into it.  I'm 48, live in SoCal with access to great courses and need to get some exercise doing something I like.  I'm starting to have some more time to do this now that the kids are grown.

My bag is very old - my irons are almost 20 years old.  This last year I got everything regripped and even got a new bag because after years in a hot garage, the bottom had started to melt 🤪

Just today I ordered myself a significant upgrade:
A mixed set of 
:taylormade-small: P790/P770 irons.  I have a fitting scheduled for driver and fairway metals + putter here in a couple of weeks.  We'll see how this goes.

I've played since I was a teenager, and I got pretty serious about the game in the early 2000s, playing at least once a week.  My handicap then reached 16, but I don't have an established hc now.

2. What do you love about golf?
    I love the color and smell of the grass, the scenery, the feel of a crisp shot, and taking s*it to my friends.  There's not much I don't like about it other than the cost.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    I don't know any other spies, and I wanted a place to kind of document getting back into the game after a long lay off, including new sticks and lessons.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    I live in Ventura Country and my home courses are Simi Hills and Rustic Canyon.  I love Rustic.  I used to love Tierra Rejada until they stopped watering it.

5. What do you do for a living?
    I'm a data engineer for an animation studio.

6. How’d you pick your user name?
    first initial.last 🙂

Driver:  :callaway-small: Rogue St Max 9* | VA Nemesys 65 R
Fairway metals: :callaway-small: Rogue St Max 5 wood | VA Nemesys 65 R, Rogue St Max 7 wood | Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60 R
Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4-7, P770 8-P matched | True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 VSS +.5, 1 degree up
Wedges: 1240867525_default_vokey-small1.gif.fd86a2e0ab83b468ba0f432d800e9cee.gif SM8 54 S10, SM 8 58 S10 | True Temper Dynamic Gold, SM9 48 F10 | True Temper Dynamic Gold
Putter: Bettinardi Queen Bee #6 34" stock shaft

On 2/11/2019 at 3:37 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Southwest Region

California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Hawaii

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. I've been playing since about 10 years old. I'm normally in the 70's depending on the day. 

2. I love everything about golf. I can't imagine life without it. 

3. I want to start tinkering more and trust the info here. 

4. I live in Orange County, CA & Scottsdale, AZ

5. In OC its the price and the crowds. It's horrible - AZ is the dry air and temp for sure. 

6. I work a corporate role in the mortgage industry

7. The Simpsons. Patty and Selma had a pet iguana named Jub Jub 

Titleist 917 D2 8.5*/Diamana Whiteboard 70S

Titleist 913D 15*/Diamana 72S

TM TP Rescue 19* TP Shaft S /TM GAPR 24* KBS Hybrid 80S 

Callaway X-Forged 2013 4-W/PX Flighted 6.0 

SM7  52*/PX 6.0

Callaway MD 56*/TT S200

SM7 60*/PX 6.0

Odyssey OG #1 

• 2 weeks later...

1. I've been playing golf for about 3 years now. My handicap is 21.8 and I normally shoot about 100.
  2. I love the break from busy work and family life. I also enjoy being outside, walking, the nice views, and socializing with friends.
  3. I've been a long-time lurker on MyGolfSpy, first-time poster. I love the reviews.
  4. I'm from Central California.
  5. Best thing about golf in my area: Get to play year-round. Worst thing: It's about 100 degrees for most of the summer!
  6. I'm a doctor.
  7. Just randomly chose the username.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5
5w: TaylorMade SIM Max - 18
3H: Ping G425 - at 20.5
Irons: Ping G425 (5i-GW)
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (52, 56, 60)
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball ten tour lined S
Ball: Titleist Pro V1
Tracking: Arccos

• I have been playing golf for , off and on, 50 years.  My handicap varies between 15 and 17 depending on what new thing I am trying with my swing.  Normal scores are in the high 80s. 

• I love being outside and on the pristine grass with my wife and friends enjoying the sunshine and exercise.  I love the thrill of a great shot that keeps me coming back time and time again.

• I have been a consistent reader of the mygolfspy site for years because I like to keep up with the latest innovations and advances in the equipment.

• I live in Rio Verde AZ and belong to the beautiful Tonto Verde Golf Club which offers 36 holes of challenging play. 

• The best thing about golf in AZ is there are a LOT of gorgeous golf courses that can be played year around and also major golf tournaments to attend.  The down side of golf here is the cost of play during the high season.  

• I have been retired for 7 years

• My user name is my first initial and last name.  

Paul...wake up and hit the ball..

Hi Everyone! Excited to join the group.

I have been playing golf for about 25 years. I am currently down to a 3 handicap and hope to be scratch by the end of summer.

I love being competitive, challenging myself, being outdoors and also the friendships the game has given me.

Getting back into the world of golf and love connecting and learning from other golfers.

I live in Mesa, AZ. I don't really have a home course as I play wherever the cheap rates are.

Year round golf with hundreds of courses to choose from is certainly awesome. Worst thing is having to drive an hour + to play a decent course without a high price tag.

I work for US Bank as a Project Manager and have several side hustles. 

Long story but it's a combination of being big, clumsy and hitting the ball far.

At the end of the day, it's just a game. So make sure you are having fun!

I have been playing golf for about 10 years socially.  Joined a local club in 2019. Got my first official handicap of 25.2 in August 2020. I have been working hard to get it down and as of May 2022 I am officially 15.6. Yesterday I shot 2-under my handicap normally 2-3 over. Occasionally 6-7 over. . .

Forgetting about the rest of the world for a few hours. Every round is a new opportunity to improve. I am stats geek and love seeing improvement. 

Found it by accident and it looks like a great resource. Always looking to learn from others.

I live in a little village - Bottesford - 25 mins east of Nottingham, England. My home course is Ramsdale Park.

Unlike GodzillaGolf, above, I have plenty of courses within an hour and most are reasonably priced. The worst thing is the UK weather - completely inconsistent (like my short game).

I am an independent business/training consultant specialising in Leadership Development.

I snapped my achilles tendon in October 1999 and then again in April 2000 - whilst doing physio! I spent most of the year 2000 on crutches after having 4 operations to repair it (and fix the problems caused by the first op). (Don't get me started - it was 22 years ago and I still go on about it).

Nige
"A bad attitude is worse than a bad swing"
Driver:    Ping i25 9.5 dialled down to 9.0 
Wood:     Slazenger 3 wood
Hybrid:   Ping i25  17*
Irons:      Ping i25 4-SW stiff shaft Green dot (factory adjusted - I only live an hour away)
Wedge:   Cougar Tour Touch I 50*    
Wedge:   Cleveland RTX 588 58*
Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite THE "L" 
Balls:      Srixon Distance (based on personal testing - work best for my game)
Other:    Shot Scope - can't live without the data! 

I was told there would be cookies and punch, am I in the right place?

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I dabbled in my youth on a local par3 course but have only been playing seriously for 8 months. Started getting the itch before the pandemic but that stopped things for a while. I'm a double bogey golfer trying to lower my scores every time out.

2. What do you love about golf? The outdoor views where I am are stunning. But just being outside with good company trying to beat your own personal best score gives it a level of balance between casual fun and competition.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? don't know anyone and I've read enough fourms and reviews I figured might as well jump in.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? originally from LA but now in Palm Desert. Home course would be Desert Willow

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? easy the weather and the weather. Golf year round except for the month of over seeding. But it's hotter than hades in the summer but courses are cheap and open. 

6. What do you do for a living? Many things but one being working part time at a golf store.

7. How’d you pick your user name? I'm lazy and like to abbreviate.

•  
Edited by RoyN

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

57 minutes ago, RoyN said:

I was told there would be cookies and punch, am I in the right place?

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I dabbled in my youth on a local par3 course but have only been playing seriously for 8 months. Started getting the itch before the pandemic but that stopped things for a while. I'm a double bogey golfer trying to lower my scores every time out.

2. What do you love about golf? The outdoor views where I am are stunning. But just being outside with good company trying to beat your own personal best score gives it a level of balance between casual fun and competition.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? don't know anyone and I've read enough fourms and reviews I figured might as well jump in.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? originally from LA but now in Palm Desert. Home course would be Desert Willow

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? easy the weather and the weather. Golf year round except for the month of over seeding. But it's hotter than hades in the summer but courses are cheap and open. 

6. What do you do for a living? Many things but one being working part time at a golf store.

7. How’d you pick your user name? I'm lazy and like to abbreviate.

•  

Sorry about no cookies and punch... maybe if we ever get a chance to play sometime.  My wife and I spent 2 weeks playing in the Palm Springs area in January.  In 2023 we will be headed to Phoenix to play with her brother, but likely headed back to Palm Springs the following year; she has relatives that winter there.

Which golf store are you working?  PGASS, Pete Carlson, or Roger Dunn?  We tend to hit them all when we are there.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

57 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Sorry about no cookies and punch... maybe if we ever get a chance to play sometime.  My wife and I spent 2 weeks playing in the Palm Springs area in January.  In 2023 we will be headed to Phoenix to play with her brother, but likely headed back to Palm Springs the following year; she has relatives that winter there.

Which golf store are you working?  PGASS, Pete Carlson, or Roger Dunn?  We tend to hit them all when we 

Superstore 

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

On 5/6/2022 at 9:11 AM, GodzillaGolf said:

Hi Everyone! Excited to join the group.

I have been playing golf for about 25 years. I am currently down to a 3 handicap and hope to be scratch by the end of summer.

I love being competitive, challenging myself, being outdoors and also the friendships the game has given me.

Getting back into the world of golf and love connecting and learning from other golfers.

I live in Mesa, AZ. I don't really have a home course as I play wherever the cheap rates are.

Year round golf with hundreds of courses to choose from is certainly awesome. Worst thing is having to drive an hour + to play a decent course without a high price tag.

I work for US Bank as a Project Manager and have several side hustles. 

Long story but it's a combination of being big, clumsy and hitting the ball far.

Do I know you?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

Diablo 5 Wood Nuetral Stock shaft

:taylormade-small: M3 3 Hybrid Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Weight set to fade

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-GW KBS C Taper Stiff 1/2 inch longer 

:callaway-small: Mac Daddy 4 54, 58

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

:srixon-small: Z-Star

• 2 weeks later...

New to the Forum!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? About 20 years - Bogey golfer

2. What do you love about golf? Combination of time spent outside and competition

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Referral from a friend and no other spies

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Southern California - No real home course. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the number of courses. Worst is condition and availability of tee times.

6. What do you do for a living? Realtor and Marketing Consultant. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Use it throughout the interwebs.

-Patrick

#GirlDad, Hack 'n Scratch

New to the Forum, Hello All

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing for about 20 years now, I am currently around 5-7 handicap 

2. What do you love about golf? Getting outside, being able to think and put my OCD to good use, meeting new people.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been an avid reader of the forum, thought it was a good time to join, I do not know any other spies...yet!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Northern California Santa Cruz/Monterey area.  There are about 8 courses I play regularly on a rotation, I get in 2 to 3 rounds a week.  Favorite course is PG links in pacific grove.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? B: variety of courses and general good weather I can usually get dry golf 10-11 months a year.  W: expensive green fees and most courses do not marshall well or at all so playing in the afternoon or mid morning on the weekends is painful 5+ hour rounds.

6. What do you do for a living? Stats and Analytics for a Vitamin/Supplement company

7. How’d you pick your user name? Use it throughout the interwebs  Avid links golfer, liked it and only with golf related forums...Do not believe in social media FB,TWTR,etc... I spend my spare time playing golf

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2022 at 11:17 AM, LinksgolfFever said:

New to the Forum, Hello All

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing for about 20 years now, I am currently around 5-7 handicap 

2. What do you love about golf? Getting outside, being able to think and put my OCD to good use, meeting new people.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been an avid reader of the forum, thought it was a good time to join, I do not know any other spies...yet!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Northern California Santa Cruz/Monterey area.  There are about 8 courses I play regularly on a rotation, I get in 2 to 3 rounds a week.  Favorite course is PG links in pacific grove.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? B: variety of courses and general good weather I can usually get dry golf 10-11 months a year.  W: expensive green fees and most courses do not marshall well or at all so playing in the afternoon or mid morning on the weekends is painful 5+ hour rounds.

6. What do you do for a living? Stats and Analytics for a Vitamin/Supplement company

7. How’d you pick your user name? Use it throughout the interwebs  Avid links golfer, liked it and only with golf related forums...Do not believe in social media FB,TWTR,etc... I spend my spare time playing golf

Hello Everyone

Nice to be with all of the talented and great buddies. Hope we can better build ourselves by sharing each other's working views. I am looking forward to learning from everyone and apologies for any small and easy asking.

1. How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing for 7 years. What’s your handicap or normal score? I shoot in the low to mid 80’s

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge that no matter what it can’t be perfect  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Lol long time listener first time caller.  Want to be around like minded folks

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am in Las Vegas, NV play a lot at National GC

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is you can play year round  worst is it gets HOT  

6. What do you do for a living? I manage a small casino here in Vegas

7. How’d you pick your user name? I used to bowl professionally. I have a few perfect games. Hence the 300. 

May you hit the ball the direction you choose and the distance you want. 

• 1 month later...

Hi,

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've played on/off with my current set of clubs for the last 9 years. I recently fell in love with the game and quickly became addicted. My normal score at the moment hovers around 110 but I hope that will change soon.

2. What do you love about golf? Driving off the Tee to relieve stress.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Love to know about the latest golf items.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? NorCal. Emerald Lakes Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I haven't played enough to find out yet.

6. What do you do for a living? I work for an energy utility.

7. How’d you pick your user name? First letter of first name + last name and birthday

Tommy Armour Diamond Scott Full Set purchased in 2013

• 2 weeks later...

HI, I live in the southwest part of the Valley of the Sun. Anyone out here wants to get a round in on the weekend hit me up. I'm always looking to find new friends to play golf with. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I used to play when I was younger but have not played in years. I just took it up seriously this year.  I'm about a 18 but coming down.

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge. Getting out in the fresh air and having fun.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I just found it while looking around the internet. Looks like a good place so I thought I would stop in and check it out. I don't know anyone here yet.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in the Phoenix, Arizona area.  Southeast valley. I don't have a home course. I play any course I can. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is you can play year round, the worst is the summers can be brutal. 

6. What do you do for a living? Engineering

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just picked one

3 yrs come the end of Sep...lately, 85-95...with occasional explosions into the 100 realm

i can play by myself and there's only myself to blame...which i also hate.

looking for another forum to learn from.

central CA.  no home course.

a lot of people play it now...a lot of people play it now

Retired

Talladega Nights

Edited by Mike_Honcho

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing VERY casually for years but never took it seriously.  Trying that out.  Still working on establishing handicap but I shoot north of 100 when not in scrambles ;).

2. What do you love about golf?  Getting out with friends and my son that plays.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? A colleague at work suggested the site as the premier space to know what gear is the best and the best for me.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in La Verne, CA and have not determined what course I will call home but I use Glen Oaks as my range of choice.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is all of the options.  Worst is my game, but I’m working on that.

6. What do you do for a living? I am in the construction industry and love it.

7. How’d you pick your user name? My username is a long story but it’s been my go to for 20 years.

Edited by Snappleton

Callaway Big Bertha irons, 20ish years old

Rogue driver, used

Vockey 56

Oddyesy putter

Hello everyone.  I have been a lurker for a few years, and finally figured I would complete my profile and be more active here.  

1. I have been playing golf for about an 15 years and play to a 15 hdcp
  2. I love ... and hate ... how challenging this game is.  Perfection is unattainable.
  3. I have been reading the review and articles for years.  The level of testing of golf equipment is unmatched anywhere.
  4. I am in the LA area so I don't really have a home course.  I play where it's cheep and I can get a tee time.
  5. The best thing about golf in my area is that I can play year round. The worst thing is that it is expensive and rounds can take 5 hours.
  6. I work in tech support
  7. My user name is super original.  I live in CA, and I'm a GOLFER.  🙂

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer