Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Southwest: CA, NV, UT, AZ, HI

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Welcome! Glad to have you here - if you ever get up to the L.A. area, let me know - we'll try to set something up!

What courses do you like to play in L.A.?

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G425 Max ( Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 55g R)

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: Titleist TSR2 5 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 R)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

15 minutes ago, SteveGH7 said:

What courses do you like to play in L.A.?

When I was down in LA, I would play all over - Rancho Park, Santa Anita, Brookside (Rose Bowl courses), Woodley/Balboa, DeBell, etc.  Now that I'm up in Santa Clarita (about 45 minutes north), I usually play Sand Canyon or Vista Valencia, with trips down to the Valley / Knollwood / Hansen Dam / Antelope Valley whenever I can. 

My current favorite, though, is Rustic Canyon out in Moorpark - awesome track.  Soule Park (up in Ojai) is also a personal favorite. 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

55 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

When I was down in LA, I would play all over - Rancho Park, Santa Anita, Brookside (Rose Bowl courses), Woodley/Balboa, DeBell, etc.  Now that I'm up in Santa Clarita (about 45 minutes north), I usually play Sand Canyon or Vista Valencia, with trips down to the Valley / Knollwood / Hansen Dam / Antelope Valley whenever I can. 

My current favorite, though, is Rustic Canyon out in Moorpark - awesome track.  Soule Park (up in Ojai) is also a personal favorite. 

... I think I have asked but just in case since this is my old stomping ground. Very rarely played Balboa and occasionally Woodley but practically lived at Encino, my favorite of the three. $15 at twilit was tough to beat. Of course I am right there with Rustic Canyon and my favorite too but also played Moorpark CC, Simi Hills, Tierra Rejada, Sterling Hills, Camarillo Springs, Olivas Links and ventured up to Sandpiper several times. I played Rancho Park once and it was a few minutes under 6 hours and as much as I liked the layout I never went back. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

14 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I think I have asked but just in case since this is my old stomping ground. Very rarely played Balboa and occasionally Woodley but practically lived at Encino, my favorite of the three. $15 at twilit was tough to beat. Of course I am right there with Rustic Canyon and my favorite too but also played Moorpark CC, Simi Hills, Tierra Rejada, Sterling Hills, Camarillo Springs, Olivas Links and ventured up to Sandpiper several times. I played Rancho Park once and it was a few minutes under 6 hours and as much as I liked the layout I never went back. 

I haven't played Rancho in years, to be fair - but that was my first "LA Golf" experience right after I picked the game up again and started playing semi-regularly.  I'd take my clubs on the bus, head on over, sign up as a single, hit balls for (seemingly) hours until they called my name, and then play 18.  It was my "day off guilty pleasure", and it was delightful.  I'm not sure I ever hit a 6-hour round, but I'm also equally sure it was never less than 4:45, lol.  Busiest course in America was what I was told at the time - probably not true anymore, but this is close 15 years ago.

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing golf for about 15 years. It’s a love hate relationship!

What do you love about golf?

The best part of golf is getting that feeling when you know you have to calm yourself for the oh so elusive birdie putt that never drops.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I actually got introduced to MyGolfSpy when I was living in Virginia. I was buying a Mizuno Huntington Beach putter from Addicted to Golf when a MGS employee stopped me and asked if he could snap a pic of my putter for the site.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I’m from Ohio but live in Hawai’i now. My home course I guess would be Navy Marine Golf Course or Mamala Bay.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The worst thing about golf in my region is how brutal the sun is. I also am not a fan of Bermuda greens. I want bentgrass back!!

What do you do for a living? I was an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent and look to be one again in the next couple months. I currently landscape.

How’d you pick your user name?

It’s just a play on my name.

Mizuno JPX-900 (std loft/lie)

Taylormade M1 (8.5*/stiff)

Titleist SM7 50* Cleveland RTX-3 56* Cleveland RTX 60*

Ping Sigma 2

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• I just started playing at the end of 2022 and my handicap is pretty high up there.

• After playing other sports such as basketball and tennis, I love how technical golf is and how there is always room for improvement no matter how good you are.

• Since I am just starting out, I wanted to be able to gather as much knowledge as possible so what better place to learn than amongst many other golf fanatics.

• I am from Los Angeles and my home course is Scholl Canyon.

• The best thing is that there are plenty of golfers who are friendly and are willing to give you some pointers. The worst thing is that you are more likely to make a fool of yourself by being such a high handicap.

What do you do for a living?

• I work as a tax analyst helping businesses save money.

• This is just a user name that I've used ever since my early days of online gaming.
  • Callaway Rogue ST Max Driver 10.5° - Mitsubishi TENSEI AV Blue 55 Graphite - S
  • Callaway Rogue ST Max 5-Wood 18° - Mitsubishi TENSEI AV Blue 75 Graphite - S
  • Callaway Rogue ST Max 4-Hybrid 20° - Mitsubishi TENSEI AV Blue 75 Graphite - S
  • Callaway Mavrik 5-PW,AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel - S300
  • Sand Wedge - TBD
  • Putter - TBD

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 

I’ve been playing for 20 years. Never really that serious about it until last year. I finally got sick of sucking the 10-12 times a year I was playing with our mens club. Started playing more and actually practicing. Went from a 36 to currently 18.8.
  2. What do you love about golf?  

The challenge and the grind always looking for different little changes to do just a little better.
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? 
    I read a lot of reviews and articles in my free time.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? 
    Arizona, I mainly play at Ken McDonald (local municipal)
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 
    The best is I can play all winter, the worst is the dead of summer minus the cost, summer rates are great.
  6. What do you do for a living? 
    I teach elementary health and PE
  7. How’d you pick your user name? 
    It’s my name

WITB

• Driver: Mizuno St-220G - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue-Winn dri tac 2.0
  • Hybrid: Ping- G425 3 hybrid- Winn dri tac 2.0
  • Irons: Taylormade Stealth SW-4i- KBS Max 85- Winn dri tac, Ping Eye2 (2 iron)- Winn dri tac
  • Putter: Mizuno M-Craft 1-Superstroke tour 3.0
  • Ball: Taylormade TP5x/ - Pro v 1X
  • Other: Arccos -Garmin Approach R10 Launch Monitor

On 3/26/2023 at 7:44 AM, Mrs Golf said:

Hello everyone,

I finally got the bug to get out and golf more and play with better equipment. I am a self taught golfer, played basketball in college. I love the competition and want to play better. I’ve played with the same irons for about 10 years so I think it’s time to upgrade my equipment and bring down my handicap. I recently joined a Womens golf league so now that I’m learning the golf rules I’m determined to play better too.

Hello, have you gotten new clubs yet?  I could help if interested I work for an online retailer called Curated. I could possibly save you some money and also offer a 14 day playability policy.  Here is my link….  https://www.curated.com/e/miguel.bell

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

Diablo 5 Wood Nuetral Stock shaft

:taylormade-small: M3 3 Hybrid Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Weight set to fade

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-GW KBS C Taper Stiff 1/2 inch longer 

:callaway-small: Mac Daddy 4 54, 58

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

:srixon-small: Z-Star

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 8:34 PM, arlopew said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 

I’ve been playing for 20 years. Never really that serious about it until last year. I finally got sick of sucking the 10-12 times a year I was playing with our mens club. Started playing more and actually practicing. Went from a 36 to currently 18.8.
  2. What do you love about golf?  

The challenge and the grind always looking for different little changes to do just a little better.
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? 
    I read a lot of reviews and articles in my free time.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? 
    Arizona, I mainly play at Ken McDonald (local municipal)
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 
    The best is I can play all winter, the worst is the dead of summer minus the cost, summer rates are great.
  6. What do you do for a living? 
    I teach elementary health and PE
  7. How’d you pick your user name? 
    It’s my name

Nice! Welcome. I work like 10 minutes from Ken McDonald but have never made it out there. Opposite direction from my house, but need to check it out. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Hey everyone, just joined the forums after getting back into the gave after some time off. Got back into the game seriously after some injuries and whatnot. Salt Lake local but spend time traveling as much as I can to play:

• I've been playing nearly 20 years, started in high school on and off and re-caught the bug over the last few years to get back into the game serious. Currently playing at around a 13 handicap.  
  • I love the game because it's a welcome reprieve from other things I enjoy doing (mountain biking, skiing etc). It's nice to have something to turn to that allows me to relax while also working to learn something new day in day out that I wouldn't have doing anything else.
  • A handful of people I know have mentioned MyGolfSpy, it's also been a place I turn to for reviews and engaging conversation
  • I'm originally from Southwest Ohio but have lived a bit of everywhere including Greenville SC, Chattanooga TN, Denver and have called Salt Lake City home for the last 10 years or so. I enjoy playing any of the local courses here in Utah but my go-to's would be Mountain Dell or Soldier Hollow (once the snow melts)
  • The best thing, period, is the variety and beauty of the terrain, from local valley courses to mountain courses to a quick weekend to St. George for red rock, the views simply can't be beat. There's not a lot of "worse" other than the ongoing drought Utah faces. That and a massive population influx during covid adding to the load on course business. 
  • I'm an SEO professional working the agency grind for a company based in Detroit
  • I'm currently just standing up a little side venture/hobby called Okayish golf with the hope of (eventually) connecting normal, not incredible golfers new and old to the game to just play and enjoy the game more.

Driver:  Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 10.5 | VYLYN 65S

3WD: Callaway Rogue ST LS | True Temper Project X VRTX Blue 60 6.0

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 Irons | Project X IO 6.0 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG14 | 52,56,60

Putter: Wilson Staff Infinite West Loop

Ball: Titleist PROv1

Bag: Jones Utility Stand Bag

Hello all! I'm Nate and I play in Las Vegas. I've been playing [mostly]off and on for nearly 20 years now, but I've been taking my game pretty seriously for the last about 18 months. I love golf because it's the most even sport around. You can go out and play with anyone and your game doesn't change, you're still playing against yourself. I've been following MyGolfSpy on social media for awhile and it's been my go to when thinking of getting new equipment. Decided I should start to participate in the golf discussions and see if my limited knowledge could be of use to anyone! I'm originally from just south of Chicago, but have been in Vegas since 2017. I'm on the northwest side of town, so I tend to favor the courses up here, Aliante being my favorite to play. I'd say the best things about golf in my region is that we get to play year round so we never really have to shake off that off-season rust, and the courses around the city seem to be very well kept. The big downside of playing here is the wind could be insane at any time! I was a paramedic for awhile here in town, but I'm currently going to school for Computer Science with some ideas to create things to help out the golf world! My username came about from the social media account I run for golf related content. I love making golf videos, especially if I can make someone laugh. I won't plug my channel anymore than I already have, though! I'm just here to get involved in the golf discussion and hopefully stay in the know of the comings and goings of this game I love so much! Look forward to chatting with everyone!!

Also I currently use a Ping G425 Max driver, 3-Wood, Hybrid, 4-PW Irons are 02ll PXG, 52*, 56*, and 60* TaylorMade Hi-Toe wedges (raw face ones), and I run my favorite Ping Anser putter with a SuperStroke pistol grip.

:ping-small: G425 Max | :PXG: 3W, Hybrid, 4-PW | :taylormade-small: 52* 56* 60* | :ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser | :titleist-small: ProV1 yellow

Make golf fun, no matter your skill!

My real name is Nate if you prefer to use that!

Hey everyone! New to the forum. The name is Brandon I am out in the Bay Area. 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

- I’ve been playing on and off since the pandemic really and just casually with friends My average score is in the low to mid 90’s, still trying to break 80 😅

-Played sports my whole life and golf is something I would think I could get but it’s just so technical and my baseball background doesn’t help. Plus it’s fun to just get mad at yourself for 3 hours. 

- Followed you guys on Instagram and one of my buddies sent me some of your links. I wanted to get to know the community more 

- From the Bay Area and my home course Is my local municipal course. Nothing too fancy

- The best part is that it’s sunny almost all year round but some courses and be pricey. 

- For a living I’m a teacher but full time dad to my newborn right now.

- My username is a play off of my gamer tag I’ve used since I was in High school

On 4/24/2023 at 1:43 PM, okayishgolf said:

Hey everyone, just joined the forums after getting back into the gave after some time off. Got back into the game seriously after some injuries and whatnot. Salt Lake local but spend time traveling as much as I can to play:

On 4/24/2023 at 3:36 PM, thatsputtable said:

Hello all! I'm Nate and I play in Las Vegas.

15 minutes ago, Bdun12 said:

Hey everyone! New to the forum. The name is Brandon I am out in the Bay Area. 

Hey hey! Welcome!! Happy to have you all here - I'm down in SoCal, but good to have a few more Western-area folks joining up 🙂 Be sure to get involved - so many great threads running, not to mention some amazing testing opportunities.  

Look forward to seeing you around!

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks. Excited to join the forum. 
Just started golf a few years ago. Wish I had started year’s ago. Struggling to get better. 29 handicap

love the fact that I can get outside and play with my friends  like to walk the course  easier to get I to the woods to find my ball  

loved the my golf spy podcast and the forum seemed like a fun place to interact.

live in Santa Cruz. Love being able to play all year. Courses are not in the best shape with a lot of traffic. Home course is seascape. Fun place to play. 

Just retired from over thirty years in the Fire and EMS service. Love that I can play golf as much as I want..if I could afford it. 

Callaway Mavrik irons, Ping woods

I really like MyGolfSpy and have been finding myself deeper in the forums over the last couple of months, very excited to be here. Thanks for letting me join.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I am 13 years old and have been playing since I was 7. I am now a +1 handicap and normally shoot low 70s. My best round ever is a 67. I will be a freshman this fall and will be on my high school team. My goal is to be the number 1 on varsity, which I should be if I keep working hard this summer

What do you love about golf? I love to be outside in the sun, walking on the grass. I love that each round is different and I love to play new courses. I also just love to play with my dad, who is my coach and has helped to shape my golf swing and game. I just love everything about golf, the history, players, clubs, courses. I love it all.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have some friends that found it and were just reading reviews on some clubs and they told me about it. So I know a couple Spies already.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  Syracuse Utah and my home courses are Glen Eagle and Valley Vies.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The worst thing was this winter because it never ended and kept snowing. The best thing is that we have amazing mountain courses with incredible views.

What do you do for a living? I am in junior high school and don't have a job. But my dad says my job is to get good grades, so I guess that is it. My personal job is to play golf, so I am out practicing every day.

How’d you pick your user name?    My dad setup the account for me and I think that he uses the number 80 because he was born in the year 1980. 

Edited by tbarnes80
forgot 1 word

TaylorMade Stealth Plus 9Deg, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX

TaylorMade SIM2 3 Wood 15 Deg

TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue - 3 19 Deg

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-PW

Vokey SM9 Wedges 48, 52, and 58 Deg

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5 ( Still have my Fastback No. 1, it is in time out for a bit!)

All carried around in a customized Ping Hoofer Carry bag!

Check out my YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/@maddenbarnes

My swing in slo-mo:

I’m Baylor, I’m 21 and I’ve been almost playing golf for a year now. I usually shoot higher 80’s or low 90’s. I’m going to get some different irons soon. I’m playing Kyoei kk mb and it’s helped with ball striking but I need the forgiveness to break 80 for sure! That’s my goal for this summer

I love how challenging golf has been. I can practice for hours and hours but I never get sick of it. It’s always something new and seeing all the beautiful courses is awesome. It’s a great way to be around friends and just enjoy a break from work and being plugged in. (Social media etc..) 

I first started just adding into the testers wanted to try out new gear, but I enjoy reading some of the threads and seeing y’all’s replies. 

im from utah valley and my home course is technically sleepy ridge. Im In the men’s league there to improve my game. 

worst part about golf here in utah is the winter. Especially this year since it was long but it gives me an excuse to get out of state atleast once. 

I work in pharmaceutical and rare earths manufacturing and packaging. 

Just chose my name because it was available so why not 

RP

• 2 weeks later...

How long have I played golf. 35 years.

Current official USGA handicap 8.

What brings me to golf spy, I like reading the articles and seeing the testing on all things golf.

Where I’m from, Born in Ireland, lived in Oxford UK, moved to Santa Barbara, then AZ, went to Colorado for two years as an Assistant pro and then back to Santa Barbara and back to AZ. 

Don’t really have a home course as such but I am a member of two Mens clubs. 

What are the best things about golf in my region, all year round golf.

Worst thing about region, courses have upped there prices drastically but not upped the course care, don’t mind spending money on courses but expect none dog track golfing.

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf for 26 years. I started really taking it seriously and trying to establish and lower my handicap for the last 10 years.
  2. What do you love about golf? The challenge. I think the challenge of golf is fun. It's also not a team sport. It's all you. Unless you have natural abilities, you get out of golf whatever you put in. If it goes right, it's because of you. If it goes wrong, it's because of you. Assuming your equipment has no defects, good and bad golf all comes down to you. 
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Independent testing. I wanted to hear about equipment from someone that wasn't beholden to a manufacturer. I know no spies but I have talked about this place A LOT to anyone I get paired with. 
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Nor Cal. I spend most of my time at Black Oak Golf Course in Auburn, CA.
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing about golf in my region is options. You can play championship courses or a simple par 3 course. The worst thing about golf in my region is when the rain/snow come. There are no indoor facilities near me. 
  6. What do you do for a living? Real Estate realm
  7. How’d you pick your user name? Thought it was funny. 

Driver: Titleist TSI3 9.0*

3W: Taylormade Stealth 15*

3H: Ben Hogan VKTR 18*

4H: Sub 70 24*

Irons (5-PW): Titleist MB 712

Wedges: Callaway Forged (2012) 60*/56*/52*

Putter: Evnroll ER2v

Ball: Pro V1/ Pro V1x (left dash)

Played since I was 11. Mowed lawns in the summer to play for my golf addiction. Now 48. Not addicted, but... no, I am still addicted. 

Love the feeling of doing what you set out to do. When you don't working on it until you do.  

I am a casual equipment junkie; built my own clubs in college. Always looking for an upgrade to shave 1/10th of a stroke off a round. I like believing that it is not the equipment's fault, but something I can change. 

I have played golf in China and the Philippines for the last 20 years. I now live in Vineyard, Utah. Home course... well I live on Sleepy Ridge, near the #6 tee box, but I like a lot of the courses within 30-minutes drive. Interested to get out and try more courses now that I am back from overseas. 

Some great courses in Utah Valley and Salt Lake Valleys that are very accessible. Winter is the worst. No golf from November-February unless you travel south four hours to southern Utah. 

I open new markets for wellness brands in Asia and SEA. 

How’d you pick your user name? ForeRightOn1 is the story of my life. I need a good warmup to not blow it in to the 9th fairway. But because I am typically in a rush when I get to the course, it's usually  breakfast ball time off the 1st tee. 

Looking for a friendly, but competitive round with other single handicap golfers in the Utah Valley/ Salt Lake Valley area about once a month. 

Driver and fairways: Titleist TSi2

Irons: Ben Hogan PT 4-9

Wedges: Vokey DM7 46*; Bettinardi 2.0 50*, 56*, 60*

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all. My name is Derek. 
WITB:

titleist Tsi4 9^ hzrdus smoke RDX s shaft

titleist Tsi3 16.5^ hzrdus smoke RDX s shaft (basically a 4w)

titleist 816h1 23^ and 21^ hybrids. Tensei blue S 

titleist 716 ap1 5-Gw irons

vokey SM8 56 s grind and 52 f grind in slate blue finish (Tony’s favorite)

scotty futura x7m putter 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? been playing golf about 27 years (since I was 16). About a 15 handicap, but no longer registered. Usually score 85-92

What do you love about golf? Challenging myself to improve 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Been following MGS for years now. Love the work they do.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Modesto CA. Don’t really have a home course. Play all over 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?best: we have some decent courses. Worst: can be crowded and prices are getting kinda high. Also nearby is the only jack Nicklaus designed course to shut down.

What do you do for a living? Pharmacist

How’d you pick your user name? Combo of name, bday, and job

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensi 55 gm Stiff

:titelist-small: 915F 5w Mitsubishi Diamana White Stiff

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21* 23* Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Stiff

:titelist-small: 716 AP1 5-AW

:titelist-small: Vokey SM5 52* 56*

Played from 12 to 24 but had to leave due to back issues. Have been back now about 4 months. My normal score is embarrassing and above 100, but working to bring it down - but I do have a good PoP!

For me, it's the meditative aspect and bonding. When I'm out on the course by myself, I can just be there - no texts or phone calls, which I love. And when I'm out with friends (which is about 1x a week) I can just be there with them.

Found the forum as I was looking for reviews and information as I rebuilt my bag.

From Knoxville, TN but now live in Los Angeles, CA. Home Course is Scholl Canyon.

Best thing about CA is the ability to golf pretty much every day of the year. Worst thing is the condition of many courses and the insanely slow PoP. Oh, and the total lack of consideration by many golfers, especially if you play on the weekends. 

Entertainment

Has been basically my username on every board since college 20 years ago.

AP3 - 4 - PW

Vokey 50 & 54

Sim 2 Driver 

Just found this forum!

Played in college to a 1.9 handicap and bought my dream clubs at the time, Titleist "T" Blades 2-PW.

Love golf! Love playing and betting with friends!

From Sacramento, CA.

I do not have a home course, I play everywhere!

Best things in the Region is there are a lot of courses, worst thing is sometimes courses are not upkept for as much money they charge.

I am in the computer industry.

Username is the one I have used forever... I am always looking for the Truth!

Titleist 681 "T" Blades 2-PW

PXG 0311T 3-PW

PXG Gen 5 Driver

PXG Gen 4 3 wood

Titleist Vokey Wedges

Ping  Anser F Isoforce Titanium Tour Putter

1997 Titleist SCOTTY CAMERON Limited US Prototype NO.2 Project C.L.N.

On 6/22/2023 at 9:57 AM, Truthseeker said:

Just found this forum!

Played in college to a 1.9 handicap and bought my dream clubs at the time, Titleist "T" Blades 2-PW.

Love golf! Love playing and betting with friends!

From Sacramento, CA.

I do not have a home course, I play everywhere!

Best things in the Region is there are a lot of courses, worst thing is sometimes courses are not upkept for as much money they charge.

I am in the computer industry.

Username is the one I have used forever... I am always looking for the Truth!

Hey nice to have you, what's your favorite course to play in the Sacramento area? 

Driver: :titelist-small: - TSR2 Tensei 1K Pro Orange

Wood: :titelist-small: - TSR2+ Tensei 1k Pro Orange

Irons: :mizuno-small: - MP 241 PW-6

:mizuno-small: - MP 245 4&5 

:titelist-small: - T200 3 Driving Iron

Wedges: :vokey-small: - 54/58 12D

Putter: :L.A.B.:  - Mezz.1 Max

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: - Tour BX

Data: :Arccos:

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up the game as a kid after watching my dad and his friends play. Played throughout high school and just dropped off after that. Took an approximate 20 year break and I've been getting back into the game over the past couple of years.

The fundraiser golf tournaments. It's actually what brought me back to the game. Some coworkers invited me to some of the tournaments and I've been updating my bag since. I find the fundraising tournaments are just a great way to just get out and have fun. I also love chasing the next birdie or long putt. Now I get to watch as my kid is finding his passion for golf.

I came across MGS while looking for reviews on various products.

I'm from Stockton, CA and usually play out at Brookside. Every now and then, I like to work on my short game while playing with the kid at Swenson's executive course.

The best thing is the variety of golf courses. The worst thing is trying to find a covered or indoor driving range to practice during bad weather. It'd be nice to see a range with more technology (shot tracking) too.

Civil service.

It's something fun I came up with.

WITB

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max

Hybrids: 3 & 5 Callaway Rogue ST Max OS

Irons: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-GW

Wedges: Mizuno S23 56* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey Works Marxman Fang

hey everyone. New to forums and things so figured why not my golf spy. 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing golf since I was 2 so 30 years. Handicap is currently 4.5

What do you love about golf? The self competitiveness of it. I love competing each time to get better and beat my past achievements.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?Following them in socials and love how in depth their reviews and data are.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Phoenix AZ. Home course is Aguila in Laveen.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is we can golf year around. Worst is our summer golf sucks when it’s 115 degrees out.

What do you do for a living? I am a business analyst and strategist for a contact center  

How’d you pick your user name?my name and my favorite number. 

How long have you been playing golf? I have been golfing for 23 years.  What’s your handicap or normal score? Handicap is 10.1

What do you love about golf? I love getting to spend time outside and away from the responsibilities of adulthood. It’s where I get to relax and unwind. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I really want to get in touch with other golf obsessed individuals and hopefully selected to test a product

Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally from Wisconsin, but can’t play golf all year long so I moved to San Diego 11 years ago (just kidding military brought me out) home course right now is Admiral Baker. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? A lot of golf courses in the area, most not in great condition, 

What do you do for a living? Active Duty Military, Aviation Maintenance Supervisor 

How’d you pick your user name? Username is a nickname from the military 

Edited by Gooseneck94
Update format

:taylormade-small: 2019 M2

:taylormade-small: RBZ 3 wood

:taylormade-small: M4 4H

:taylormade-small: RBZ 4-PW

:taylormade-small: MG3 52,56,60 

:taylormade-small: Corza Ghost Putter

:titleist-small: ProV1

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 20 years and I’m a 2.2

What do you love about golf? Everything 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love MGS is trying to accomplish for the consumer. I don’t know any other spies. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? Utah! Home course is Glenmoore GC in south Jordan, UT

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? We need more courses including private. Prices are fair and have beautiful views of mountain ranges all over 

What do you do for a living? Wealth Manager

How’d you pick your user name? The Happy Gilmore movie is one of my favorites 😁

WIYB

Stealth Driver 

Callaway Rogue 3 Wood 

Titliest - Driving Iron 

KM-700 Muira 4-P

Vokey Wedges 

2007 Newport 2 Scotty Cameron 

RAD

• 2 weeks later...

How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing on and off for 24 years. I started when I was 10 and have always enjoyed it.  

What’s your handicap or normal score? These days I shoot between 80 and 87. I'm a 13 right now. I'm really trying to work on my short game as that is where I lose my most strokes.

What do you love about golf? I love the excitement you get when you go out and your on the first tee. The course is peaceful yet exhilarating. I think like many others there will be that one shot or one hole that brings you back wanting more.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I always read the articles on my phone and thought I should become a member to be able to post and share my experiences.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in southern California. I do not have a home course. There are alot of courses around and I enjoy playing them all, well when they are well kept.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing about gold is I can play year round. The worst part is in the summer the heat can be brutal and the ground gets dried out. This makes for hard and fast fairways and greens.

How’d you pick your user name? I remember when Ricky was getting announced on the first tee and they called him Ricky Flowers and I always thought that was funny. I still call him Ricky Flowers to this day. He is also one of my favorite golfers in the PGA.

Titleist TSR2 10 

Ping G410 3 14.5 and 3 hybrid 19

Titleist 718 AP2 4-pw

Mizuno T22 50 D grind and 58 S grind

Taylormade Copper Spider X