Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
GolfSpy MPR

Southwest: CA, NV, UT, AZ, HI

MGS New Member Introduction: Southwest Region

California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Hawaii

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? have played all my life.  Normally shoot high 70's low 80's

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge.  It is different every stroke.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Looking for more golf connections

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? California.  Dont have a home course, will play anywhere

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? the Best thing about golf in my area is the amount of golf.  The worst thing is paying $600 for Pebble Beach

6. What do you do for a living? Contract negotiating

7. How’d you pick your user name? Chose it liked it.

Can we get a UT in the title of this thread?  
I knew I'd end up leaving some state out. My apologies to the good folks of Utah.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:
1 hour ago, romeopapazulu said:
Can we get a UT in the title of this thread?  

I knew I'd end up leaving some state out. My apologies to the good folks of Utah.

I'm not a native here, so I don't know where exactly we claim to lie, but it seemed like we were in the middle of a few of these groups.  Sure enough, there were only 49 states listed in the titles.  I saw it in your subtitle in the thread, though.

I wish this place felt like the South West right now.  We've had our ten year snow here in the last week.

• Like 1

Howdy! I guess that's what we say here in AZ? 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing since I was about 12. No established handicap but average mid 80's on most par 70-72's so I guess that might make me about a 13?

2. What do you love about golf? By nature and profession, I'm a very critical thinker/problem solver. This whole game is like solving 18 consecutive  mini puzzles that are never the same each time. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been a member for a few years now. It was my initial curiosity with club making and interweb golf club investigation that led me here. It just seemed that the more I searched for answers about different golf related subjects, the more I found myself reading MGS responses as they seemed to be more candid and honest with nothing but respectful folks. Eventually I just joined to become a part of the community. I really only know other spies through regular discussion and banter through various threads. Nobody personally. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Chandler, AZ. Not really an AZ native but have lived here for over 25 years so we claim it as home. My home courses are really the locally recognized budget tracks.. nothing with TPC or Trune attached. Foothills, Kokopelli, Ken McDonald, Rolling Hills, Springfield, Western Skies, Superstition Springs, The Duke, etc. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is that there is absolutely no shortage of courses in the Phx area. The worst is that in the winter time, green fees nearly quadruple due to prime season. 

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a Mortgage Underwriter (Risk analysis)

7. How’d you pick your user name? I'm from Arizona, my name's Stuart, and my DOB is 3/24... Hence AZStu324

• Like 1